PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Run (Alternate Reality)

t209
2012-05-19, 01:43 PM
Instead of FPS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_%282007_video_game%29), what if Shadow Run was created by Bethesda and turned it into FPS RPG game (like Fallout 3 and New Vegas)?

Comet
2012-05-19, 02:36 PM
All the Mr. Johnsons would have faces of plastic and eyes of glass.

Starbuck_II
2012-05-19, 04:27 PM
Instead of FPS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_%282007_video_game%29), what if Shadow Run was created by Bethesda and turned it into FPS RPG game (like Fallout 3 and New Vegas)?

It would become more mainstream.
It might/might not be liked by fans of the game. I liked all the Fallouts personally (I haven't done Brotherhood of Steel on playstation though).

I hope it happens actually. :smallbiggrin:

Worira
2012-05-19, 06:10 PM
I would guess that the first one would be reasonably fun but have an extremely linear and nonsensical plot and lose much of the charm of the setting, then the second one would be developed by Obsidian and be a flawless gem of perfection that would thaw even the coldest hearts of the most bitter and cynical fans.

Brother Oni
2012-05-19, 06:12 PM
Going to be tricky to accurately replicate the effects of wired reflexes and the like without mucking up game balance.

About the best you can do is the limited 'bullet time' effect used in other games, but that doesn't reflect how fast street sams move all the time.

Worira
2012-05-19, 06:22 PM
The thing is, wired reflexes already pretty much ruin the balance of Shadowrun in that they're essentially mandatory for being decent fighter. So either they're faithful to the RPG and kick the crap out of everything else, or they are balanced within the game and not faithful to the RPG.

In terms of how they could be implemented, it would probably pretty much be either slow-mo or VATS.

psilontech
2012-05-19, 10:31 PM
I don't think my dislike for Bethesda can go any higher, but something like this would surely strain that belief.

ShadowFighter15
2012-05-20, 07:36 AM
While a first-person RPG would be interesting, I think I'll be happy with the isometric turn-based Shadowrun Online and Shadowrun Returns when they come out next year. Mainly because I'm getting sick of first-person stuff lately. Although that New Vegas binge to finally get around to playing the DLC might be contributing to it.

If Bethesda did, somehow, get their hands on the Shadowrun video game rights then they'd use the engine they had for Skyrim - which solves some of the facial animation complaints people had about Oblivion and the Fallouts.

Brother Oni
2012-05-20, 09:12 AM
If Bethesda did, somehow, get their hands on the Shadowrun video game rights then they'd use the engine they had for Skyrim - which solves some of the facial animation complaints people had about Oblivion and the Fallouts.

Ooo, ragdoll physics when targets are hit with an assault cannon. Regardless of how bad the rest of the game is, I'd have hours of fun with that alone. :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2012-05-20, 12:31 PM
Well, for starters, I'd be probably have played it :smalltongue:.

Eldan
2012-05-20, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure it would work, really. At least not as anything with the Fallout/Elder Scrolls engine.

It is a game very much based on group tactics and careful planning and stealth, not action.

t209
2012-05-29, 06:26 AM
Next Speculation, What if Bioware made Shadowrun (they made Tabletop game adaptions like Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's gate and Icewind Dale).

Lea Plath
2012-05-29, 08:25 AM
They are making Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun online. Both top down games.