PDA

View Full Version : Question

Hiro
2012-05-19, 01:59 PM
For you playgrounders

How would you make a "saiyan" type character? I know MONK is probably teh best way but goddamit, monks in 3.5e suck.

What templates/races/classes woul dyou suggest? I'd love to do a fighter with monk's unarmed amage and retain the bonus feats to make it work

basically a monks unarmed damage, AC bonus and speed bonuses without the extra stuff.

KillianHawkeye
2012-05-19, 02:19 PM
My advice would be to do it in an entirely different game system.

No, really.

Even if you came close to approximating any DBZ-style abilities, the difference in scale between D&D and DBZ would just leave you feeling disappointed.

That being said, your best bet is probably going to be found in the Tome of Battle.

Invader
2012-05-19, 02:22 PM
Maybe a combination of barbarian/monk although I've never played either so I couldn't help optimizing them.

If I remember correctly there might be some feats in the BoED that could suit a saiyan like righteous wrath and the sanctify monk feats.

Aeryr
2012-05-19, 02:28 PM
I would use a arcane variant unarmed swordsage. ToB page 20.

Doesn't your saiyan want fireball?

Hiro
2012-05-20, 01:11 PM
thanks you guys. But all the cleric stuff and religious knowledge? Uhm why?

And another unrelated question:

Is there anyway to gain spell-like abilities that work at-will? Short of a wish spell and templates, like gaining them through adventuring

Urpriest
2012-05-20, 02:04 PM
thanks you guys. But all the cleric stuff and religious knowledge? Uhm why?

And another unrelated question:

Is there anyway to gain spell-like abilities that work at-will? Short of a wish spell and templates, like gaining them through adventuring

Warlock does it, though in this case it's debatably useful. Reserve feats aren't exactly that, but are sort of the same thing.

Anyway, as to the actual question in this thread, I thought these guys were all supposed to be various sorts of Tashalatora builds? They even have the whole power points schtick.