PDA

View Full Version : Favored enemy

dantiesilva
2012-05-19, 02:08 PM
I was woundering if the rangers favored enemy bonus would stack if you had favored enemy outsider chaotic, and elf against a fey'ir which is both elf and a chaotic outsider. If so that would be great.

KillianHawkeye
2012-05-19, 02:22 PM
This is straight from the Ranger's class entry:

If a specific creature falls into more than one category of favored enemy, the ranger’s bonuses do not stack; he simply uses whichever bonus is higher.

Curmudgeon
2012-05-19, 05:30 PM
No, multiple Favored Enemy bonuses don't stack. But you probably don't want those choices anyway. What you do want is the Arcane Hunter ACF (Complete Mage, page 32). Take that and you gain Favored Enemy: Arcanists ─ i.e., anyone capable of casting arcane spells or using any sort of invocations. Since spellcasters are the most dangerous enemies, this is a good idea.

Urpriest
2012-05-19, 07:38 PM
In any case, a Ranger can't have favored enemy Elf. They can have favored enemy Humanoid (Elf), which a Fey'ri obviously doesn't qualify for.

dantiesilva
2012-05-19, 08:33 PM
Thank you everyone and I will definatly be taking that feat you mentioned because from being one of two bosses me and my friend wanted to see out of the two who were stronger, so its my build against a gestalt wizard/?//Factorm/? level40 total so its basically a battle of the gods

Empedocles
2012-05-19, 08:40 PM
Wizard//factotum is among the strongest in the game...

I hate to say this, but your ranger is going to get absolutely destroyed...barring Mystic Ranger + SotAO :smallwink:

Flickerdart
2012-05-19, 09:02 PM
Thank you everyone and I will definatly be taking that feat you mentioned because from being one of two bosses me and my friend wanted to see out of the two who were stronger, so its my build against a gestalt wizard/?//Factorm/? level40 total so its basically a battle of the gods
It's not a feat, it's an alternate class feature. You give away a Favored Enemy, and get that in return for free.

dantiesilva
2012-05-19, 11:23 PM
I also have dread necro, speaking of which Undead mastery states

she can control 4 + her Charisma
bonus HD worth of undead creatures per class level (rather
than the 4 HD per level normally granted by the spell)

Does that mean if I am level 20 I can control 20x4+cha mod worth of undead?

Deophaun
2012-05-19, 11:31 PM
I also have dread necro, speaking of which Undead mastery states

she can control 4 + her Charisma
bonus HD worth of undead creatures per class level (rather
than the 4 HD per level normally granted by the spell)

Does that mean if I am level 20 I can control 20x4+cha mod worth of undead?
Nope. It means you can control 20x(4+char mod) HD worth of undead. /Math Nazi :smallsmile: