PDA

View Full Version : [Bloodline] Anyone done a Succubus Bloodline?

reddir
2012-05-19, 02:35 PM
Has anyone done a Succubus Bloodline?

Or a Bloodline from anything that might have similar attractive/seductive traits?

Amechra
2012-05-19, 03:05 PM
Nope. Go make one.

Theroc
2012-05-19, 03:11 PM
The Demon Bloodline from Unearthed Arcana(Or was it Arcana Unearthed? I always get those two confused), stated in the fluff that it most likely gotten through a Succubus ancestor.

I'm assuming you meant something explicitly from a succubus and more based around the Succubus Kiss type of thing?

reddir
2012-05-19, 03:33 PM
Nope. Go make one.

I'm working on another Bloodline right now, just waiting to get initial feedback from one with more experience than I before posting.

If there isn't another out there, I might try in a bit.

reddir
2012-05-19, 03:41 PM
The Demon Bloodline from Unearthed Arcana(Or was it Arcana Unearthed? I always get those two confused), stated in the fluff that it most likely gotten through a Succubus ancestor.

I'm assuming you meant something explicitly from a succubus and more based around the Succubus Kiss type of thing?

Right now, I am thinking more of the popular idea of succubus, and perhaps less of the D&D one. Still, the 3.5 version is probably the place to start.

What I'd prefer is something based off of charm, allure, beauty, and the powers connected to that.

Ideal would be something that *really* loves the purest, and only as a side effect ends up corrupting it. This to me is the most dangerous sort of 'monster'.

Theroc
2012-05-19, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't a Fiendish Nymph serve that purpose? Just give the Nymph the Energy Drain kiss like a succubus, and state that the Nymph isn't aware of the kiss?

Then again, I'm not sure how you define corruption. Pure, true honest love isn't likely to corrupt in and of itself, as a common trope of pure love is that purity of love purifying even evil people and changing them in ways one can't always fathom.

(In fact, Wizards used this in their Fight Club online articles for a Succubus Paladin)

reddir
2012-05-19, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't a Fiendish Nymph serve that purpose? Just give the Nymph the Energy Drain kiss like a succubus, and state that the Nymph isn't aware of the kiss?

Then again, I'm not sure how you define corruption. Pure, true honest love isn't likely to corrupt in and of itself, as a common trope of pure love is that purity of love purifying even evil people and changing them in ways one can't always fathom.

(In fact, Wizards used this in their Fight Club online articles for a Succubus Paladin)

Re: love, I used the wrong word. A better way of putting it would be to say a being who is innocent and finds purity more fun/acceptable/enjoyable. Not actually love, just appreciation. However, alluring enough to distract the most nearly pure from their desired focus. And appreciative enough to accept their advances...

Fiendish Nymph, unaware of a dangerous kiss! Perfect! Your idea fits what I'd like almost to a T. Thank you so much. I will see what I can do with this.

-------------

Until I start on this, if anyone has suggestions, or links to similar conceps, please let me know.

Theroc
2012-05-19, 04:09 PM
Glad I could help.