PDA

View Full Version : For the Glory of our God! (IC)

hpboy111
2012-05-19, 08:35 PM
It is a dark and stormy night in Hardby, a small port town with little to no real relevance to the world. The town is like any old port town, with one distinguishing feature. The cliffs just north of the town are home to the Leaning Lighthouse, a lighthouse which leans out over the edge of the cliffs on which it stands.

The five of you decided to stop in the town to rest. You hadn't been headed anywhere in particular and there was no point in continuing forward in these intense storm conditions. You entered town and found a tavern called the Leaky Galleon, the only place in town that has both room and board for travelers. After purchasing rooms for the five of you, you decide to settle down for the night and celebrate. Why? Because that's what worshipers of Kord do best; that and fight.

The lower floor of the tavern is home to the bar. A single bartender stands behind the counter cleaning dishes and filling tankards as orders are shouted out. Two serving girls move from table to table clearing and cleaning them as well as taking new orders. Because of the storm, people have been driven indoors, and you'd guess that at least half the town currently resided in the walls of the Leaky Galleon. The ambient noise in the room is almost a match for the sound of thunder that occasionally rattles the structure of the building.

The upper floor where your rooms are remains mostly empty of life.

The five of you have taken up a booth in the back corner of the room. I am going to rule that you have all built up a considerable resistance to the effects of alcohol given your deity and your exposure to vast quantities of the substance. The drinks will only affect you if you so wish them to.

Right now we're in sandbox mode. Feel free to do as you wish, just remember, there are about fifty other people in here with you. So don't do anything stupid, you guys can and wil kill them if you do anything reckless.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-19, 11:29 PM
Cloak wrapped tightly around herself, Zinthos sits in the furthest part of the corner booth, if that is somehow possible. Simple cloth wraps a scared and foreign face and keeps it safe from the world, and at the same time wraps an entirely metal right forearm, keeping the world safe from it. Her other hand grips tightly to a never-quite-full-enough flagon of whatever swill this 'Leaky Galleon' could cough forward; it would still be nothing near the best. Happy to be out of the rain, warm, and with people not currently trying to kill her and her companions, she smiles to herself, confident in the low hood to hide it, as she surveys about the room; waiting anxiously for the inevitable and familiar yelling, shouting, challenges, and imminent destruction that so often followed behind. Almost a whisper, she mutters into her drink; "Blind men and women, the lot of them. They drink and celebrate, but have no idea what'll happen when we join in... I just hope they can run quickly, they might need that whilst fleeing in terror from the 'Monsters'..."
Downing the cheap liquor and casually waving for another, Zinthos sits back, crosses her arms and closes her eyes to savor the quiet before the storm; Current lightening and thunder outside unrelated.

sonofzeal
2012-05-19, 11:54 PM
"...so then the giant Samiel looked me straight in the eye and said 'then let us fight like true warriors, and prove to all who is strongest! Only, do not strike my knees, for they are tender!'"

His joke concluded, Lockhart takes a deep swig of his mead. The humor is obscure by human standards, and there are some odd looks from the humans in the tavern who could not help hearing his booming voice over the din inside and out, but those that know him well have learned some appreciation for Orc humour. His common is good, quite good, but something in his phrasing and accent still hints at the Orcish mother tongue beneath.

THEChanger
2012-05-20, 12:23 AM
Cledwyn chuckled at his boistrous companion's wit. When first adventuring with the Orc, he had found his humor somewhat inaccessable. But after many years, he had learned to appreciate it. After all, jokes surrounding hitting things were among Cledwyn's favorites, and what Orcish humor lacked in subtly, it made up for in hitting things. Like so many other pieces of Orcish culture. Cledwyn set down his flask, and turned to the sole female in the group. "By the Brawler, Zinthos, by your tone, I'd almost think you were not looking forward to our competition this evening. Or had you forgotten that you asked for a rematch after I drunk you under the table at the last tavern we visited?" Cledwyn stood, and after waiving in an attempt to track down a serving maid, turned to his companions. "A toast, then! To the finest compatriots a follower of the Thunderer could ever have! May his smile shine bright on all of us tonight! And all within these walls as well!"

Strainseir
2012-05-20, 12:44 AM
Aden, the 8 foot tall half giant plopped down next to his comrades ale in hand... well he had a small barrel for a mighty man indeed has a mighty thirst. His rather large greatsword stayed strapped to his back, but his armor was currently removed so that he might better enjoy himself with his friends. Taking a sig of his, well lets just say it, his keg Aden looked at Pix that had plopped onto the center of the table clutching a glass she was barely strong enough to lift that my smell alone was quite strong.

"Pix," the huge man said in a happy tone," Maybe you have had enough."

Shiala downed the rest of the drink before flying up in a lazy zigxag pattern to Adens head that she then began to chew on"I Decide when I have had enough!!!"

Aden just laughed deeply before returning his attention to his comrades in faith especially Zinthos that seemed to almost be mopey at this most jubilant of times,"Come now Little one, this in a time for joy and Celebration! Besides.... we can pay for anything we might destroy! We are Champions in the Service of out Lord Kord. The Brawler demands that we rejoice properly. I mean come on we need to show the followers of Moradin how to drink right!"

sonofzeal
2012-05-20, 03:55 AM
Lockhart

"Here here!" Lockhart returns Cledwyn's toast, emptying his mug in a single gulp, and launches into song familiar to all:

Longing eyes turning to the sun,
Low in the winter.
Grey as a wolf now the wind has come,
Cold as a hunter.

Ride across the sky, thunder roll and lightning fly,
Gone is the summer.
What will keep us warm in the winter?
Tales of those who died, sword in hand in times gone by!
Hail to the hammer! Hail to the hammer!

To the god of thunder,
The god that's protecting us all!
All hail to the giant hunter!
And hail to the forces of nature all!

Ride across the sky, thunder roll and lightning fly,
Gone is the summer.
What will keep us warm in the winter?
Tales of those who died, sword in hand in times gone by!

Morcleon
2012-05-20, 09:19 AM
It wasn't too bad, thought Celetar. He had certainly seen worse taverns that wouldn't hesitate to steal everything but the clothes on your back (although there were those that tried to steal that too). Lifting his mug to his lips, he drank deeply and set it down before him.

"'Drinking right,' as you put it, generally costs more than it's worth. Perhaps it would be best if you don't destroy the bar this time." Celetar leaned back, grinning at Aden. "Now if only I could get a good Sidewinder Fang..."

As Lockhart's song begins, Celetar brought up the briefest hint of his Gift, amplifying his companion's song and adding a powerful instrumental backing. Satisfied, he took another swig from his mug, emptying it.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-20, 09:37 AM
Taken aback a second by Cledwyn's clearly damaged memory, Zinthos tilts her head off to the side before joining into the toast, raising her drink from the table and lifting it so quickly upwards that the liquid within nearly reached the ceiling before being caught, effortlessly, back in the glass. Ignoring Cledwyn for but a moment, she turns to Aden: "I'll celebrate alright, and you can bet I'll sweep the floor with whatever's left of Cled, but I just decided to get the guilt and regret done with ahead of time, for once. I figure it might help out with the next morning." She sits back again, listening to the noblest orc the world's ever known singing an ever-flavorful rendition of 'Hail to the Hammer' and counting the double-takes our corner of the tavern was getting. By the time the song wrapped up and the 'Strange look' count was in the thirties, she again lowers her drink to the table before standing and fixing her eyes on Cledwyn. "Allright, I'll beat you into a dizzied and babbling husk again, if only to correct your memories of last time...Not that you'll remember what happens here either. What're your terms, Cleddy?" Smirking with the last word, grinning white teeth and sharp yellow eyes most prominent under the low crimson hood Zinthos stands ready for whatever Cledwyn could bring forward; And using a little pet name would ensure his response to be less than savory, she's sure.

hpboy111
2012-05-20, 09:57 AM
The storm rages on but inside the Leaky Galleon things are warm and loud. People are enjoying themselves and some show quite the fascination with the five travelers who decided to stop and rest in their small, out of the way town.

Those who were already watching are now interested in the fight that is seemingly about to occur. Before Cledwyn responds to Zinthos' challenge, Aden feels something brush up against his mind.

Aden:
Greetings Aden. You do not know me and I have never met you, but I have something of grave importance that I must speak to you about. My name Maximillian and I am the head Cleric of the Church of Pelor in Portsmouth. Our church was attacked by pirates yesterday. They were in and out before many of us could even react and we were unsure what they were after. After taking inventory on the church, we discovered that they had stolen only one thing, an Iron Flask. Sealed within it is an entity of great power and I shudder to think what they might be planning to do with it. After communing with my God, he revealed that the pirates had fled to Hardby and that they plan on opening the flask tonight. My God gave me your description and the description of one other man. He told me to tell you of our plight and ask for your assistance in preventing the opening of the Flask. The other man will be arriving at your location shortly with further information. I was lucky and he was already privy to what is about to happen. I do not know why Pelor asked me to contact you but he seemed to be positive that you and your companions would help. So I now beg you, please stop them, they can not be permitted to release the being inside or the Material Plane will suffer greatly.

It is currently 9:00PM.

Toska, you ninja'd me there.

Strainseir
2012-05-22, 08:00 AM
"BROTHERS!... and little sister, We have divine work to do! A sending message was just delivered to me. The Sun god and his worshipers need the aid of the Mighty Brawler and his chosen warriors to slay pirates that seek to unleash a great evil. Arm yourself and be ready! A man shall soon come to further explain the situation and where we can find them.... So only a quick drinking match you two." Aden bellowed out as if he were commanding an entire platoon. He then quickly stood up and shouted,"FOR KORD!" and his mithral fullplate materialized on his body.

sonofzeal
2012-05-22, 09:58 AM
Lockhart

The wirey orc sprawled expansively across two chairs looks up at Aden, and his jovial grin melts into something a little more subtle. More predatory. "Heh. Work to do, you say. It's been too long since I've heard those words. This should be interesting. Perhaps I should look for our expected guest and see he is not detained. Cledwyn! Zinthos! I shall expect to hear of your results when I return!" He begins wrapping the chain from his belt around his wrist and arm for swift access, and flows across the room and out the door with all the sleekness and speed of a hunting cat, despite his bulk.

I haven't looked at the charsheets of my peers yet, but base land speed 50 probably puts me as the best one for quick recognizance short of expending pp/spells. Double-move, drawing as part of the move, so I've got 100 feet of movement to work with. Once out the door.... Spot [roll0], but more importantly Listen [roll1], notice anything useful. Any remaining movement goes in that direction.

hpboy111
2012-05-22, 11:33 AM
LockHart:
The weather outside has not improved during your time in the tavern. The sound of the battering rain makes it difficult to hear things, as does the occasional bolt of lightining and the accompanying thunder. The rain also obscures your vision somewhat. After about two minutes of waiting you hear the sound of hurried footsteps sloshing through the mud that lines the streets and alleys. A few short seconds later you see a man running towards the tavern, head bent against the wind and rain. When he finally notices you, almost right when he reaches the tavern door, he shouts, HEY, are those adventurers that stopped in the town still here! I need to speak with them!

He fails to notice your orcish features in his haste.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-22, 12:39 PM
"Blast... Looks like you won't even have enough time to pass out, eh Cleddy?" With a quick wink, Zinthos reaches behind her and pulls forward what appears to be a minature keg, to her about the size of drinking glass, made all the more whimsicle by Aden's actual use of a legitimate keg. Pulling the cork out with her teeth and dropping it onto the table, she tilts her head back and begins drinking, grabbing onto the edge of the table for that little extra bit of support she needs.

Double Move action here, using 'Drink like a Demon' twice, +2 to Str, +2 Con, -4 Wis, -4 Int

Moments after downing the second drink like water, the cork goes back into the miniature keg which is replced on the back of her belt. Repressing what would be a no-doubt catastrophic belch, Zinthos quickly and haphazardly weaves and shoves her way through the crowded tavern to the bar. Instead waiting to get the bartender's attention, she reaches into a pouch at her belt, pulls out fifty gold pieces and slams them onto the table, and in the most demanding voice possible without letting out that belch demands: "This is more than enough to cover the expense and inconvience. Give me all of your utensils. NOW.". And since the crowd already seemed more than offended, she figured it wouldn't hurt to add:
"Feel free to leave out the spoons."

hpboy111
2012-05-22, 05:02 PM
Zinthos:
The bartender seems quite surprised by your sudden request. This surprise is quickly replaced by a sour look and he opens his mouth to say something before looking down at the gold and noticing just how much you've piled in front of him. The sourness quickly turns to surprise again, and then a small grin. You have no manners at all... but you're one hell of a tipper. He rummages around under the bar for a minute, pulling out several drawers and removing the forks and knives. He leaves a set of particularly nice carving knives where they rest on the shelves behind the counter though. In total, he sets 84 forks and 76 knives in front of you. This should satisfy you. But don't come back asking for more, you've stripped me clean.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-22, 08:19 PM
"Manners aren't important right now." Zinthos practically spat before snatching up the forks and knives and tearing off her cloak, which was laid on the table and quickly filled with the utensils and tied shut. As for Zinthos, she was now a rather appalling sight, but what was needed was needed. Wrapped from the head to midriff in Tight mummy-esc bandages meant to both protect and hide, and from waist to boots in the same; the wild brown hood-hair and obviously hobgoblin face did little to help her image, nor did the metallic prosthetic monstrosity that was her right arm. Shamefully trying to hide her own protruding lower teeth by scowling and avoiding the eyes of the crowd, she turned and moved to follow her orcish companion to the door. Just before reaching the door, bag of clanking knives and forks in hand, she stops dead on her heels, and gritting her teeth turns back to the bartender; "And thank you very much for your consideration; we appreciate your parting with these pieces and are again sorry for any..." She froze on the last word, trying to choose the right thing to say before deciding to deliberately speak each syllable; "inconvenience...". The next noise was the door slamming behind her and her own sigh of relief as the rain and wind met her head on, un-judging, and she watched her clever orcish ally.

hpboy111
2012-05-22, 08:45 PM
You exit the tavern just in time to hear HEY, are those adventurers that stopped in the town still here! I need to speak to them! A man is standing in the rain a short distance from the tavern shouting at your orcish companion.

Strainseir
2012-05-22, 09:10 PM
Aden chaises after with this Blade held high with Pix flowing in a mocking pose exactly like Aden's. They both shouted in a matching cry"TO GLORIOUS BATTLE MY FRIENDS!!!"

Aden then takes notice of the man in the rain calling for the adventures,"Lo there good sir, be you he sent by the Sun god to call on the aid of the Mighty Champions of the Storm Lord?"

sonofzeal
2012-05-22, 09:19 PM
Lockhart

"Hail and well met, servant of the light!" Lockhart jogs out to meet the figure just as his ever-creative ally appears behind him. "Come! The fire is warm and the drinks are cool!" He moves to usher the poor messenger inside, with a nod to Zinthos: stay watchful. All may not be as it appears, and an elephant could shadow a man in this storm and not be noticed.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-22, 09:32 PM
Nodding in response to Lockhart and standing several feet off to the side of the door, Zinthos reads into the actions of her companions and stays outside; as much from the innuendo as from her desire to be away from the murmuring and confused mass within. Leaning against the wall of the tavern and holding her cloak-bag, she does her best to keep watch through the storm, listening constantly and occasionally turning around and checking the roof above & behind her; She'd been snuck up on too many times before. As her yellow eyes and pointed ears strain against the storm, in hushed whispers a song passes her lips, reassuring her almost as much as it would have if the Orc were singing: "Ride across the sky, thunder roll and lightning fly....
Gone is the summer...
What will keep us warm in the winter....
Tales of those who died, sword in hand in times gone by...
Hail to the hammer... Hail to the hammer...

To the god of thunder....
The god that's protecting us all...
All hail to the giant hunter...
And hail to the forces of nature all..."

[roll0] Spot and [roll1] Listen

hpboy111
2012-05-22, 10:23 PM
Everyone but Zinthos:
The man hurries inside and removes the hood of his cloak, allowing you to see his face. He is middle aged, around 50 or so, his short brown hair is streaked with bits of grey and his forehead is creased with permanent wrinkles. His eyes are blue but downcast with small shadows under them as if he had missed much sleep recently. You usher him over to your table and he takes a seat, removing the cloak and hanging it from the back of his chair. So you're the ones that Maxamillian person wanted to meet up with? I'm gonna break it to you straight, I don't know you guys, I don't know this Maxamillian either, but he had information that matched with some info I'd recently acquired. And right now I'm kinda desperate. Earlier today, a couple of pirates came to this here tavern and started spouting off about a plan to realease some sort of demon or devil creature. So the city guard brought them up to the Leaning Lighthouse to me to see if we could figure a few things out. They didn't say much else, I could tell they were scared stiff, don't know what of though. A few hours later I hear about your arrival from one of the guards who swapped in at around 7:30 and around 8:30 I got that message from the Maxamillian guy telling me to come find you. So I was thinking on my way here that you should probably come back to the lighthouse. You guys might be able to get something else out of the two captives and then we can figure out what to do from there. And that about sums it up. Think you can help? Oh, and my names Glorris Dart by the way, Head Harbormaster here in Hardby.

Glorris then looks around expectantly at the four of you seated around the table.

Zinthos:
The rain continues to beat down on you as you wait by the door to the Leaky Galleon. Your watch is only interupted by the occasional rumble of thunder. You see nothing of interest during your watch but at one point you swear you could have heard the sound of massive wingbeats, but it just as easily could have been a change in the rythmic drumming of the rain and you can see nothing in the sky. Your watch is otherwise uneventful.

Morcleon
2012-05-22, 11:18 PM
Celetar raised his head to look at the man who had come so suddenly. He smirked slightly at Dart's plea for help. "We'll do it. I can get some simple pirates to talk easily. And then we can go find the rest of their gang and stop the summoning from happening altogether."

He rested his chin on his hand before muttering to himself. "Although knowing my luck, we'll get there just a few seconds too late to stop the creature..."

sonofzeal
2012-05-23, 12:59 AM
Lockhart

"Hah, is that all there is? Come, let us be about it then, tell us where the place is that we may see these blaggards! We will show them what it means to trouble The Brawler's champions!"

hpboy111
2012-05-23, 07:01 AM
Everyone except Zinthos:
Good, very good. The Leaning Lighthouse is about ten minutes north of the town. The sooner we leave, the better. We can cut down the travel time by running, you guys up for the jog? Glorris stands and donns his cloak once again, pulling the hood up to cover his eyes. And be careful of the wind, it's a bitch. He then heads to the tavern door and walks back out into the storm.

sonofzeal
2012-05-23, 07:21 AM
Lockhart

"A race, then. Last to The Leaning Lighthouse buys the next rounds of drink!" He makes his way back to the door with typical flowing speed, but then slows as he passes Zinthos. He nods again, a thank-you for the Drunken Master's watchfulness. None of the fellows of the Brawler outranked the others, technically, and none held much with orders and demands, so any cooperation was purely voluntary and thus deserved recognition. "Prisoners at a Lighthouse ten minutes north at a walking pace. Pirates. They hold to silence, and the Sun God wishes us to loosen their lips. Last one there buys drinks."

And with that, he's off as a streak of grey and brown through the downpour.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-23, 03:23 PM
"Good enough then." Zinthos spits into the rain, slinging the cloak/bag of cutlery over one shoulder and sprinting off into the horrible conditions after the rather-enthused and self confident seeming orc. Turning her head just slightly backwards, why look forward, Lockhart has always been faster, she shouts back at the tavern that is already fading into the storm behind her; "It's about time Aden took up a tab on his own!!!"

Chuckling to herself, silverware clanking about over her shoulder, she debates how expensive such a tab would be if she let herself drink as much as possible. At the same time, the thought of using the shiny new boots strapped onto her feet is rather tempting, as appearing right alongside the orc would no doubt lead to an interesting expression, and to have any chance of beating the lightening-minded psion she would need a head start. "Screw it." She whispers to herself, before activating them and rocketing along fast enough to see the rain slow down and the lightening arc through the sky like ink dripping down a page.

Strainseir
2012-05-23, 05:32 PM
Aden Just chuckled heavily at the high spirits of his comrades before dismissing his armor and picking up the man,"I do believe we can move faster than you." he said with a chuckle before charging off. True his speed was not as great as the orc or the cheating psion but without his armor and with his boots on he could move pretty fast.

Morcleon
2012-05-23, 07:10 PM
Sighing at the enthused antics of his comrades, Celetar swoops out the door into the pouring rain. Pausing for only a split second to acertain the direction, he accelerates rapidly in the air and flashes forward, letting the numerous raindrops splatter against his psionic barrier.

You're good... but I'm better! A small grin appears on his face as he spots the three figures of Aden, Zinthos and Lockhart, and he whispers, "Let's see which of you will be the one to pay for the drinks..."

hpboy111
2012-05-23, 07:57 PM
For now we will assume that Cledwyn is following that way we can push the game along.

Your journey to the lighthouse is swift, taking only six minutes instead of the estimated ten. The only hindrance you encounter is the wind which occasionally blows with such force you have trouble moving against it. Finally the lighthouse and the cliff on which it stands come into view.

Rain lashes at the top of the bluff. Blown by the wind, a small wooden crate blows by you and smashes itself against a headstone in a small cemetery just south of the Lighthouse and off to the left of the road which leads to the lighthouse.

The Leaning Lighthouse itself looks to be about 40 feet tall. Looking up into the rain is difficult but you can see that the tip of the lighthouse is canted at least ten feet out from its foundations on the cliff. Like a giant bull's eye lantern, the beacon shines northward from the top of the lighthouse, a solitary bastion of light in the severe darkness of the storm.

Aden, Lockhart and Zinthos:
You are able to see through the battering rain a man leaning out of the second story window of the lighthouse. He's waving a bullseye lantern and is gesticulating wildly. He appears to be motioning towards the cliff edge.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-23, 10:29 PM
On spotting the man, Zinthos slides to a halt onto her heels, digging them into the moist and rocky earth for traction. Snapping her free hand up over her brow and leaning forward to peer at the figure, following his frantic gestures into the harsh and violent windstorm that was her evening, sharpened yellow eyes burning into the night.

[roll0]

Strainseir
2012-05-23, 10:36 PM
At seeing the man with the lantern, Aden carefully set the man down and re-summoned his armor. Drawing his blade once more he got ready not trusting anyone but his comrades at the moment.

hpboy111
2012-05-23, 10:41 PM
You scan the cliff and see nothing that would cause this man gesture so frantically.

sonofzeal
2012-05-23, 11:04 PM
Lockhart

Without breaking stride: "I will check with the man." The orc leaps up and around, getting as near as he can to hear the waving man's words.

I'm not really sure of the geometry here so I'll let you choose how exactly he does it, but a +38 Jump and +20 Climb ought to get me in range of a +32 Listen in short order (taking 10's on all since we aren't threatened yet).

hpboy111
2012-05-24, 05:25 AM
Lockhart:
You run the last 60 feet that will take you to the lighthouse door and then leap you are able to grab onto the building despite the slipperyness of the stone blocks and clamber onto the roof of the first floor with relative ease. From here you can hear the man shouting. Not safe! The cliff is taking a beating, not sure how stable it is! You should stay back!

Meanwhile Glorris shouts at the rest of the group, Why'd we stop! and where is he off to!?

Strainseir
2012-05-24, 06:00 AM
Aden Chaises after the his orcish friend planning to have his back no matter what sort of mayhem and of his battle brothers and battle sister might get into. Helping them clean up their messes is normally fun.

sonofzeal
2012-05-24, 06:10 AM
Lockhart

Lockhart calls back, his booming orcish voice (hopefully) carrying above the storm: "Man says the building may fall into the sea! Let us get the pirates out before that happens! Step light my friends, unless you fancy a swim!"

Strainseir
2012-05-24, 06:20 AM
"Then let me go alone brother. My magic can get me out safely even in the worst situation." Aden says before heading inside. The moment he finds the pirates he would begin to carry them out, if the place starts to fall down he will cast Dimension door to get out safely.

sonofzeal
2012-05-24, 06:24 AM
Lockhart

"May the Brawler go with you, Aden!" Lockhart turns back to the man in the window. "What of you, I can assist you to safety if you'd like."

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-24, 06:49 AM
Zinthos slows to a rather quick walk and tries to be as light on her feet as she can as she edges her way towards the Lighthouse. Considering the warning of a weakened cliff face was more-or-less ignored by the largest memeber of the group her comparitively minor weight would do very little. As she passes into the doorway, she reaches into the cloaak/bag and pulls out six assorted knives and forks, holding them between her fingers in the same hand that grips the bag. Looking upwards more in the general direction than actually at anybody, she calls out into the storm; "Lockhart! I'm going in with Aden for the pirates! See what you can do about getting the lighthouse keeper out of here; that cemetary looks far enough back to be safe, for now!"
Keeping an eye on Aden, anything she could see in front of him (very little), and the walls and floor of the structure of this building, Zinthos heads in, worried more about the enitre lighthouse collapsing than any mortal threat that may be around.
Just going to be dropping a spot and a listen as I enter, hopefully the shelter from the storm will help. Spot and Listen [1d20+8

hpboy111
2012-05-24, 07:38 AM
Lockhart:
The man in the window turns around, running out of the frame and dissapearing from your view.

Aden and Zinthos:

OOC: please turn your attention to the map linked to my signiture.
IC: The wind is blessedly muted inside the lighthouse. Crates labeled "Whale Oil", "Tack", and "Polishing Cloth" ar stacked between cords of wood and racks filled with short-spears, tridents and harpoons. A flight of wooden stairs winds up to the next floor across the room from the entrance. Incongruously, the room smells hot and smoky, almost like sulpher, not of sea and slat as you might expect.

Before you can proceed very far into the room, (when you reach the stack of crates on the right hand wall), the man who had been in the window comes rocketing down the staircase. Don't come in! The lighthouse might not be safe! The pirates have already been moved to the guard post in town! No point in comeing in! Get out!

The man is dressed in a cloak similar to the one Glorris wears but his hood is down and his face is clearly visible. He looks older than Glorris, about sixty, and has a multitude of visible wrinkles under a mop of white hair.

You both notice something wierd about the man, his skin seems to be undulating slightly, as if something were moving around underneath his skin.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-24, 07:49 AM
Sense motive seems to go without saying here... [roll0]
And if he's UNDULATING (gah that word is so grotesque) I'm definitely dropping a spot here [roll1]

"Sir, you should probably leave too. If it's not safe for us, a man like yourself should be fleeing back to town. If you really need to keep an eye on the lighthouse, we can bring you over to the little cemetery; it seems safer there!" Zin shouts both over the storm and whatever hearing issues this man might have, confident enough that for his safety she or Aden could easily pick him up and bring him out. Still though, something was bizarre about this man. It might have been the water in her eyes from the storm, but something about the way he almost writhed under his skin, the stench of sulfur, and the urgency associated with getting rid of his rescuers leaves Zinthos slightly on edge, ready to act one way or another if she has to.

Strainseir
2012-05-24, 07:54 AM
"Then leave with us. If yee be not foe walk from this supposed dangerous lighthouse, though I cannot see a way that the cliff and lighthouse could be dangerous unless it took very heavy fire from enemies. Such enemies would not have left this tower standing."

Morcleon
2012-05-24, 08:15 AM
Looking on at the path that Aden and Zinthos took, Celetar sighs before calling to the others. "I'll go get that guy on the lighthouse... and if push comes to shove, then I can get Aden and Zinthos out as well."

He flies up, through the pelting rain, searching for the man on the lighthouse. Eyes traveling over the slippery stones, he notes the direction that Aden and Zinthos are headed. Following their path forward, he sees a small blot of movement and grins. Gliding forward, he arrives beside Lockhart just in time to see the man disappear. "Oh hell. Now he's gone and run away..."

Celetar grimaces before flying through the window awkwardly and sideways. Once inside, he rights himself before looking around, taking in his surroundings. If there's nothing plot-important interesting, then he will go to the ground floor.

Strainseir
2012-05-24, 08:18 AM
"Accursed beast! Your skin crawls as you lie to the servants of the Mighty Brawler KORD! Die by his fire." Aden shouts before charging this thing his sword burning with white flame.

Charge Quick Cast True strike Channeling Vampiric Strike Energy substitution fire.
[roll0]

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-24, 08:35 AM
"Aden!" Zinthos yells out at the top of her lungs. Sure she was suspicious too and there was definitely something eerie about this man, but so were each and every one of her companions. There seemed to be little reason to attack this man immediately; especially with such vigor, seeing as he just wanted the group out of his lighthouse as quickly as possible, motives aside. Though at this point there was little she could do, running alongside Aden as rapidly as her possible.

hpboy111
2012-05-24, 09:15 AM
Celetar:
It takes you a little while but you manage to squeeze through the window. To right is a wooden staircase leading down, on your left one leading up. A row of iron bars bisects this floor. An irond door hangs ajar and three human bodies are piled in the cell against the far wall.

Aden and Zinthos:
Roll initiative now please.

Aden's charge goes unhindered and his slash easily cuts through the body of the old man, however, as the two halves of the body crumple to the ground, a swarm of hornets the size of Aden's thumbs crawl from the body and take wing. Buzzing angrily at having lost their shelter.

That was a surprise round for you by the way.

sonofzeal
2012-05-24, 09:27 AM
Lockhart

About to climb down, the orc pauses. Something not quite right about that man. Strange flesh movements. Could be nothing. Could be something. Hmm. Best to be sure.

Lockhart closes one eye and peers through the blackness, through the stone, and into the abyss of souls that Kord had opened his eyes to. Lockhart's vision was not particularly strong. But in seeing beyond the surface, literally as well as figuratively, he was as good as any.

Detect Evil. It penetrates up to a foot of stone, so a mere two inches shouldn't block it at all unless someone buried a sheet of lead in there for some reason.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-24, 09:41 AM
"Aden, for the love of all that's ho-" Zinthos freezes in the midst of her speech. Resisting the urge to vomit; not at the blood but at the crawling little terrors that have oozed into some type of swarm, Zinthos does the only other thing she can think of: attack.
Running to within five feet of the hellish swarm, no doubt still covered in old-man-gore, she stops just before throwing the first punch. Grabbing onto her stomach with her free hand, the other still clutching the utensil cloak, she rears back and finally lets the gurgling after-effect of her drink at the bar come forward. Tendrils and gouts of flame leap forward explosively from her mouth, an echoing belch carrying throughout the entire room.

Burning off one of the drinks, 20 foot Cone of flames, DC 21 reflex save for half: [roll0]

Morcleon
2012-05-24, 09:47 AM
Glancing around the room, Celetar grimaces. Those three bodies were probably the captured pirates. That meant either something had infiltrated the tower, or that this was a trap. He chuckled. It was likely both.

If something's loose, I'm probably gonna want some backup... He strides over to the stairs going down, and dashes down, landing in a crouch. "My friends, there's something in- oh..."

He halts as he sees the hornet swarm, and raises an eyebrow. "Ah. Never mind, then. I suppose you'd like some artillery support?" His grin widened as a slight crackle of green light began to suffuse the air around him.

hpboy111
2012-05-24, 09:55 AM
From behind two seperate piles of crates rush two massive, well built dogs with rust-red fur. Their eyes glow red with an intense fury and hunger. Its covered a chain barding. The dogs move to surround Aden but steer clear of the hornets. Both dogs attempt to take chunks out of Aden. One of them manages to get a hold of Aden's arm but he is able to knock the other away.

Aden takes 19 points of damage 2 of which is fire damage.

Everyone make sure to kkep checking the map, I'm updating it constantly.

sonofzeal
2012-05-24, 10:35 AM
Lockhart

With a growl, Lockhart bounds backwards, catching the lip of the roof with one long arm to swing himself down, around, and back into the building. Three leaping steps further, and he's up to the scrum.

"Three evil presences - though that seems to be old news. Well then, let us have ourselves a proper party!" His chain unspools from around his wrist, and clatters ominously on the floor. Anything to step inside his reach would quickly regret its mistake....

Double-move to get around and in. Chain was already drawn, but whatever. If an AoO is needed:

Touch Attack [roll0]
Opposed Strength [roll1]

Follow-through attack [roll2] (includes +4 vs prone)
Follow-through damage [roll3] - one IP spent here

If it's the wasps, just take the Follow-through and subtract 4 from the attack roll.

Morcleon
2012-05-24, 01:46 PM
"Well, well, well... It looks like we have some evil to be destroyed..." He yelled to his allies. "Let's see if they can stand up to my power."

Grinning in anticipation, Celetar waves a hand toward the Hellwasp swarm and the two hounds, muttering a few Words of power. Three loud cracks sound as a trio of small iceballs strike his enemies.

Standard:
Empowered Energy Barrage:
Hellwasps: [roll0]
Hound 1: [roll1]
Hound 2: [roll2]
DC 26 Reflex half. Cold damage.

Quicken:
Dimension Door to a point behind the melee fighters. ^_^

hpboy111
2012-05-25, 04:02 PM
The energy projectiles leave many of the Hellwasps dead, but the swarm is still raring and angry. The two Hounds look only a little better off, their fur now coated in frost.

The remainder of the swarm moves into to surround Aden, stinging and biting at him. But the number of remaining wasps find it too difficult to do any significant damage.

Strainseir, on your turn you need to make a DC 18 fortitude save or be nauseated for the round.

Strainseir
2012-05-25, 04:40 PM
Once more Aden Charges his blade with Arcane power till it bursts with Kord's Holy fire. Then he aims to strike hard at each one of the warhounds before stepping back to give two quick blows to the wasps.

Channeling Vampyric Touch spell Augmented with Energy Substituion and Sanctified Ability holy fire.

NW1 Attack roll
[roll0]
NW1 Damage if I hit
[roll1]

NW2 Attack roll
[roll2]
NW2 Damage if I hit
[roll3]

H Attack roll
[roll4]
H Damage if I hit
[roll5] just the damage from the spell since they are immune to weapon

H Attack roll
[roll6]
H Damage if I hit
[roll7] just the damage from the spell since they are immune to weapon

hpboy111
2012-05-25, 09:33 PM
Both hounds let out furious howls as your blade leaves deep gashes in their flanks. After putting some distance between yourself and the swarm you take a swing but the wasps easily avoid the blade. On the second swing you use the flat of your blade, hitting many of the remaining wasps, the divine enrgy of your blade burns them into ash.

THEChanger
2012-05-25, 10:09 PM
Cledwyn cursed as he ran, desperately trying to catch up with his companions. He had been distracted-something had caught his attention in the distance, a sort of blackish shape. But it had gone now, and Cledwyn could feel in his gut his companions were in danger. "If I miss a fight, Zinthos will never let me live it down." Channeling the divine will of the Brawler into his feet, Cledwyn burst forward, charging towards the tower as fast as he could move.

Swift Action casts Quick March, increasing my Land Speed to 60 ft. Double move should put me in melee range.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-26, 07:15 AM
Seeing the second massive spell tear through the beasts from Aden's ever-impressive sword, Zinthos knew she would have to use something bigger than silverware to match that impact. Quickly looking around the room, she analyzes her surroundings and then decides to make the best use of the large room. Appearing to trip slightly and stumble away from the fight, she runs about thirty twisted feet toward the door before abruptly turning completely around and running back, charging, really, before taking a short leap up and lashing out at the Warhound nearest the door with a sharp, aimed kick.
DC 15 Tumble check to avoid AoO's from moving [roll0] And attack roll for Unarmed [roll1] for hopefully [roll2]

hpboy111
2012-05-26, 08:19 AM
As you run back towards the door you easily dodge a swipe from the nearest Warhound. On your return trip, the kick lands squarely on the beasts jaw and it lets out a slight wimper.

sonofzeal
2012-05-26, 09:23 AM
Lockhart

The battle seemed well in hand... which is always the time to be most on guard. Yet both of the great beasts were within his reach and the opportunity was too good to pass up. Bigger than even his orcish bulk, likely just as strong or stronger, and four-legged to boot, but it did not matter. The blood of Kord was in his veins and even a Titan would do well to show respect. The adamantine chain buzzed through the air and.......

Normal attack against the nearer Warhound:
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Trip attack against the nearer Warhound:
Touch Attack [roll2]
Opposed Strength [roll3]

Follow-through attack [roll4] (includes +4 vs prone)
Follow-through damage [roll5]

Trip attack against the further Warhound:
Touch Attack [roll6]
Opposed Strength [roll7]

Follow-through attack [roll8] (includes +4 vs prone)
Follow-through damage [roll9]

hpboy111
2012-05-26, 09:57 AM
The Warhounds are both seething with fury and hate for their attackers. One of them trys to take another bite out of Aden's flesh because he's been wreaking the most havoc thus far, but is easily turned aside by Aden's blade. The second aims for Zinthos, reaching between two of its other attackers to bite at the one that had just kicked it. The bite lands on Zinthos' midriff and flares with pain.

Toska, that's 29 points of damage, 6 of which is fire damage.

Lockharts response is swift and his chain flies, smacking the closer Warhound on the back and making it grunt in pain. The trip attempt does not go over so well and the Hound remains on its feet, although barely. The second Hound is not so lucky and is swept from its feet, landing on its side, it recieves a sound blow to the ribcage.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-26, 02:03 PM
"By the fist of Kord!" Zinthos exclaims, clutching her midsection, now searing with intense and hellish pain. Clenching her teeth and standing her ground, she ignores the bleeding and tearing for now, keeping her eyes locked onto the viscous beasts before her. Quickly processing as much as she can, trying to distract herself from the pain, she lets her mind wander slightly.Son of a bitch...Someone better cut this short quickly...That hurt like hell... And where the hell had Cledwyn been? I certainly hope he wasn't trying to hide from this...

Morcleon
2012-05-27, 09:55 PM
Raising an eyebrow at his enemies, Celetar grins as he sees the obvious damage on them, but grimaces at his teammate's pain. Well, looks like things are heating up a bit. We just have to keep up this assault for a while longer...

He holds out his hand toward the hounds and the hellwasps grouped together. A shimmer of blue light coalesces into a small sphere in front of his hand. Hovering there for a brief moment, it then shoots forth, detonating in a spray of ice in the middle of his enemies.

Standard:
Empowered Energy Ball
19d6+1d3+19
DC 25 Reflex half. Cold damage.

Move:
Regen Psi Focus

hpboy111
2012-05-29, 06:59 AM
The ball of coalecesed cold energy detonates in the center of the helwasp swarm, and the remainder are instantly frozen. They fall to the ground and the crystals shatter from the impact. The hounds are hit by the freezing shockwave and the frost expands and soldifies on them, creating sparkling coats of ice on top of their fur. Both hounds collapse, and then melt away, turning to ash that slowly drifts off, dissapearing into thin air.

Morcleon
2012-05-29, 06:11 PM
"...well that was easier than I expected." Celetar looks somewhat bemused at the shattered remnants of the swarm and chuckles. "Looks like they couldn't stand up to our assault after all."

Turning to his companions, he gestures toward the ascending stairs. "There's three corpses upstairs. The captured pirates, I would think. We should go check the rest of the tower; there's a good chance that there's more enemies on the higher levels."

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-29, 09:02 PM
Zinthos snorts, and wiping the little shards of ice and chunks of dead wasp and flash frozen blood from her torso and arms picks up the bag-cloak of silverware. "Maybe we should heed the warning and stay out of the tower?"
She casually gestures to the split-in-half corpse of the man on the ground as she speaks. "Or maybe we could somehow get answers out of him. Anything for that, Cleddy?".

She starts to laugh at her own joke, and even considers using frozen hornets as darts in the future, but the first few shudders of laughter send lightening through her body. Grimicing and turning from the group, she clutches her stomach and holds herself back as best she can. Teeth gritted, she adds "Those damned beasties have a hell of a bite."

THEChanger
2012-05-29, 09:36 PM
"Not today, I'm afraid. Besides, I'm not sure how much information even Kord's interrogators would be able to get from such a-" Cledwyn looked up, and saw the bite marks upon Zinthos' side. Moving quickly to his companion's side, Cledwyn knelt to properly examine the wound. "Zinthos. You know better than to let some dogs grab you. It's not good for your health." Despite his friendly jibes, it is clear Cledwyn is genuinely concerned. "Do you require assistance? Or does the mighty drunkard cure her own wounds with Kord's Beer?"

sonofzeal
2012-05-30, 07:39 AM
Lockhart

As Cledwyn tends to Zinthos's wounds, Lockhart nods to Celetar. "Agreed. I will look outside first; our combat may have attracted attention. We are not the quietest compatriots." With that, he strides back to the door and strains his senses against the beating of the storm.

Move action back.

Passive Spot: [roll0]
Passive Listen: [roll1]

Active Listen as a Standard Action: [roll2]

hpboy111
2012-05-30, 07:54 AM
Lockhart
You don't see or hear anything out of the ordinary out in the fierce storm.

Toska Moriarty
2012-05-30, 08:03 AM
Zinthos Chuckles again before lightly shoving Cledwyn back a bit and closing her eyes and ribbing him right back."Maybe if you weren't late, you could've gotten hurt. Don't worry so much, Cleddy, you're acting like a woman."
Focusing a moment, she manages to feel and find the remaining alcohol running through her veins. Breathing in deeply, she burns off the last of it, letting it's slight evaporation and now-quasi-magical properties course through her towards the wound.

Don't have time to check it or edit the sheet, but it's a cure moderate wounds to burn off the last of the alcohol.

sonofzeal
2012-05-30, 08:20 AM
Lockhart

"No sign of danger or alert, for what little that means in this weather. Still, the rest of the tower awaits! Onward!" Lockhart advances on the stairway up.

Strainseir
2012-05-30, 09:02 AM
"Let's go warriors, there is more evil to toward. This shall indeed be a glorious day!" Aden called out before following his orchish ally up the stairs.

hpboy111
2012-05-30, 10:35 AM
See the description of the room provided for Celetar when he entered the room. I'll start working on drawing the map as soon as I have time.

Morcleon
2012-06-01, 11:25 PM
"... and here's the corpses," states Celetar as he floats up to the second floor. "I'm not sure if they are the pirates we've been sent to interrogate, but, chances are, they probably are."

He sighs, staring around the room. I wonder if it was the monsters we just slew that took out these three, or something else...? Again, he glances around the room, but this time he lets a tiny, crystalline figure peek out of his cloak, both on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary, or dangerous.

Celetar:
Listen: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

Psicrystal:
Listen: [roll3]
Search: [roll4]
Spot: [roll5]

sonofzeal
2012-06-02, 05:39 AM
Lockhart

"Let us first secure the rest of the lighthouse. There will be time to answer these questions later."

Passive spot: [roll0]
Passive listen: [roll1]

Standard action: Detect Evil upward through the tower. If it's all clear, he'll start moving up the stairs.

hpboy111
2012-06-02, 09:12 AM
Celetar
A quick look over the corpses tells you that they are not pirates. They look to be guards. Probably left to keep an eye on the pirates while Glorris ran back to town to fetch you.

Lockhart
You detect 3 evil presences on the floor above you, as well as one more on the roof of the lighthouse.

Toska Moriarty
2012-06-02, 12:10 PM
Now much better off and level headed, Zinthos heads up the stairs behind her companions. Amused and fascinated as always, she has to tear her attention away from the Psicrystal as she looks around the room.

Seeing her orcish companion so deeply focused, she speaks in a curt fashion, eyes following his up to the ceiling, fists clenched and ready.
"Lockhart. Anything?"

sonofzeal
2012-06-02, 12:13 PM
Lockhart

"Four foes above us. This day is not over yet! Come, battle-brothers, let us show them what it means to defy The Brawler!"

Toska Moriarty
2012-06-02, 01:07 PM
A single nod is the only response Zinthos needs to express. She again clenches her fists and starts up the nearest staircase(Or ladder or whatever), And tries to move both quickly and quietly upwards, keeping out of sight as best as possible, hopefully getting the drop on who or -whatever's up there.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silent [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

sonofzeal
2012-06-02, 07:49 PM
Lockhart

The wirey orc looks in surprise at Zinthos. Would not enemies have heard our battle? But they may not know where we are, and there was still room for tactical advantage.

Lockhart follows Zinthos's lead and crouches, taking on some of the aspect of a giant hunting cat. A Tiger can prowl as well as a housecat, and not even Lockhart was more than half a Tiger's bulk. With long smooth strides he glides past her, silent as a ghost, and pats her on the shoulder. Even one such as he could never match Zinthos with his fists or in a drinking contest. But the prowl was his game.

Rather than move at half speed, Lockhart will take the -5 penalty to move just under his normal speed, so 45. If he finds an enemy after the first move, he'll stay out of sight with a Total Defensive (AC 38). Otherwise he'll take a second move action at the same speed.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Strainseir
2012-06-06, 11:10 PM
Aden, being no where as stealthy as the group did not even attempt to hide as he walked up the stairs ready to fight any that would dare go again the collective might of the Brawler's chosen.

Morcleon
2012-06-06, 11:57 PM
Remaining silent, Celetar floats after his allies, slowly fading from view as he went. Before his form was completely invisible, it was evident by the excited grin on his face that any who would defy Kord's champions would be annihilated by his mental wrath. I wonder what will be my next opponent... That little skirmish was only a small appetizer...