PDA

View Full Version : Ahlana this one---chapter one: the Beginning

magictactics15
2012-05-19, 08:58 PM
hello, before we start i need to know your character's stats (Name,age,gender, race, strength, dexterity etc.) also, we are starting at level ONE!and please make your character one of the BASE races and classes, i lost my flash drive with all but the starter books on it. change your character if necessary!
i know you might have wanted your own back-story, but i put one in for you for simplicity. it is generic (meaning it can be used by any character).

You are in a tavern (as all good games start). You have come to the small town of Helrod to make a decent living. Due to your immediate family being killed four weeks back, you were forced to flee your home town of Ferenlat and go to the nearest place where you had family. Your uncle never liked you much, but because you are family, he has promised to give you a place to live. Your uncle is a blacksmith, the only one in town. Yesterday, when you came to him seeking shelter, he was not very pleased. After yelling for half an hour, he said he would let you stay on the condition that you earn your keep. Knowing what you can do, he has sent you to the local tavern to pick up some work.
When you enter the inn (tavern), you see eight round tables. There are three girls (one was human the other two looked to be half-elves), serving the men in the room. There is a human bartender cleaning the bar. You notice there are twenty mounted candles on the wall, they are unlit in the daytime, but at night, you suspect they could illuminate the entire room.
You see a group of four humans around one of the tables, all men. They look strong and all of them have swords or maces with them. At another table you see five dwarfs. They look like merchants to you; only above ground to sell their wares, then they are going to go back underground. There are a few other tables which have people of different races: one with two elves, one with two Halflings, and one with a male human. You are puzzled as to why the human wouldn’t sit with the others, but then you see his eyes following one of the half-elf waitresses around the room. there are also some people standing despite the empty tables. You see a poster pinned on the wall with a small nail. It has the following announcement written on it (I will write this in understandable language, not with old words):
“This town Helrod has been raided by the nearby hoards for too long. The Noble of this land: Lord Windserd is unhappy to tell his people that unfortunately he cannot deal with this problem through his own soldiers. He recently needed to send them to help a far away area. If you, or you and your companions think you are up to this task, bring this notice back to the Lord himself. Your reward will be determined by how quickly and effectively you deal with this problem.”
An impressive stamp is at the bottom of the paper, made by red wax depicting a circle of wolves howling up at a half moon.
What do you do?