PDA

View Full Version : Monster optimization challenge?

Invader
2012-05-19, 09:39 PM
Are there ever any monster optimization challenges posted for people to compete in?

dspeyer
2012-05-20, 01:25 PM
The only one I can recall was Gestalt Build Challenge X: Magnificent Monsters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76609) which was a while ago and may or may not count.

Monster challenges are a little trickier since the CR system was never intended to withstand abuse the way the level system was. This could be dealt with by using ECL, by giving a target power and saying over or under is bad, or by simply urging competitors to take it in its spirit.

But don't let me discourage you. Go ahead and post one!

Invader
2012-05-20, 06:23 PM
I think I'm going to have to try one. Anyone interested in judging a competition when I get it wrote up? :smallbiggrin:

Kazyan
2012-05-20, 07:58 PM
I might be interested.

I recall someone once optimizing a housecat with two flaws, giving it Shape Soulmeld (Dissolving Spittle), Shape Soulmeld (Airstep Sandals), and Shape Soulmeld (Soulspark Familiar). It could then fly, spit acid, and sick its improved buddy on the single level 1 character its CR is rated for. I bet it's very good at killing commoners. :smalltongue: