PDA

View Full Version : build me a turret

Azoth
2012-05-20, 01:40 AM
I am working on a build for a gestalt game, and decided I wanted to be a living turret of pain that can fire all day long. On one side I know will be warlock for the eldritch blast and eldritch spear essence. The otherside I am not sure about. I know to take bp shot, precise shot, ability focus, quicken SLA, and maybe empower/maximize SLA. Please help. I don't know what to throw on the otherside to help me demolish the opposition aside mailman sorc, but that is kinda feat intensive.

Golden Ladybug
2012-05-20, 02:17 AM
Artificer can build you lots of (Spell) Turrets Okay, that was horrible

There is some pretty intense UMD synergy there, with Warlocks getting the ability to take 10 on it at level 4, IIRC. And you can devote all your feats to your Warlock stuff, since Artificer pretty much gets all the feats it needs, along with some bonus feats. And you can use it to build all your Warlocking Gear.

Wavelab
2012-05-20, 08:15 AM
Well a favourite gestalt build of mine is binder / warlock. Both of them run of charisma, and that way you can practically run around blasting all day due to warlock having at will abilities and binder having once/ 5 rounds abilities.

Lateral
2012-05-20, 09:23 AM
On your Warlock side, remember to go Hellfire Warlock. The damage you get is small potatoes otherwise. You can also do Uncanny Trickster for good skill points and 4d6 extra Hellfire Blast in three levels, if you like.

On the other side, remember to take at least one level of Binder so that you can bind Naberius to recover that CON damage from Hellfire. For the rest, try Factotum (Dungeonscape); eight levels gets you an ability which lets you take extra standard actions, which means you can nova on Eldritch Blast.

hex0
2012-05-20, 07:24 PM
Warlock//Scout is nice in gestalt as well. Skirmish is essentially free boost to your eldritch blast. Plus Scout gives you a better chassis. In the same vein, take some Dragon Devotee in there for kicks.

Soranar
2012-05-20, 07:36 PM
I have to agree Warlock// factotum sounds decent enough

extra standard actions = extra blasts (which you have an unlimited amount of anyway)

you can also spend inspiration points to add your INT to damage or 1d6 sneak attack damage

Considering this you might want to stack up on multiple font of inspiration feats

Lateral
2012-05-20, 08:24 PM
Considering this you might want to stack up on multiple font of inspiration feats

Oh, definitely. For a whole build, I'd recommend Warlock 9/Hellfire Warlock 3/Uncanny Trickster 3/X 5//Factotum 8/Binder 1/Factotum 11. This gets you +10d6 Hellfire Blast, Naberius to heal the CON damage, some utility invocations, good skill points, all skills as class skills, some nice, useful Factotum toys, a whole mess of standard actions, and one kick-ass capstone at 20th level. If you want, you can take Legacy Champion 5 as well (or replace Uncanny Trickster and go Legacy Champion 8), and get +18d6 Hellfire Blast instead- I don't do this, because I don't like Weapons of Legacy, but you can if you want to.

For feats, take Font of Inspiration at least 3 times. Quicken SLA isn't going to be worth it- it's better to just take another Font of Inspiration, since IP recharges every encounter, Cunning Surge doesn't eat your swift action and can be used as often as you like (if you can spend the IP), and IP is more useful if you don't want that extra action as well.