View Full Version : Add 3 stats+ to damage? [3.5]

ojayaba
2012-05-20, 02:46 AM
banned books
- ToB
- Psionics
- 3rd party books
- dragon

so, here's what i want to do. I want to take an elf and be able to add 3+ stats to damage. swashbuckler at 3 adds int, str is a given and champion of corellon larethian at 2nd adds dex.
4 levels fighter, 3 levels swashbuckler, Champion of Corellon Larethian 10
mithril breastplate so i can still use the swashbuckler stuff...

what are thoughts on how to break this wide open?
can not take 1 level dips into a class, must be at least 2 levels.

RMS Oceanic
2012-05-20, 03:59 AM
My gut says be a Crit Fisher: Fixed bonuses on damage (Enhancement, ability modifier, power attack, class features etc) are multiplied on a critical hit, unlike variable damage bonuses like Sneak Attack. So pick a weapon with a good critical range and stretch it as wide as you can.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-05-20, 04:03 AM
Use this:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732

Amphetryon
2012-05-20, 07:57 AM
Here's one I did: General Malearmus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152543&page=4). Substitute Warblade 2, which is on your restricted list, with Totemist 2 (Magic of Incarnum) for a Blink Shirt totem meld.

ojayaba
2012-05-20, 09:45 AM
My gut says be a Crit Fisher: Fixed bonuses on damage (Enhancement, ability modifier, power attack, class features etc) are multiplied on a critical hit, unlike variable damage bonuses like Sneak Attack. So pick a weapon with a good critical range and stretch it as wide as you can.

was planning on using an Elven Thineblade 1d8, 18-20/x2
counts as a longsword for feats other then its an exotic weapon, one handed but still finessable.

ojayaba
2012-05-20, 09:46 AM
Here's one I did: General Malearmus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152543&page=4). Substitute Warblade 2, which is on your restricted list, with Totemist 2 (Magic of Incarnum) for a Blink Shirt totem meld.

I'll be honest and say you lost me on that link... it was all warchanters and the such...

Azoth
2012-05-20, 02:51 PM
Might I suggest the Dervish handbook. They have a build somewhere in it that manages to get all 3 to damage and still move + full attack.

Though if you wanted to be really MAD and add another stat by spending 2 feats and 3k gp you could go Shiba Protector for WIS to damage. Keep buying the upgradeable Belts of Magnificience from the Miniatures Handbook...and stack some dammage that way. Str, Dex, Int, Wis...with the +6 belt at high levels is easily +12 damage a hit. Though...it is an incredibly low op way to do it.

Flickerdart
2012-05-20, 03:17 PM
You can't be both a Shiba Protector and a Champion of Corellon due to racial hullabaloo (unless you sink levels into Half-Elf Paragon).

What's the point of adding multiple stats to damage? You'd be far better off adding a single stat to damage multiple times.

Amphetryon
2012-05-20, 03:27 PM
What's the point of adding multiple stats to damage? You'd be far better off adding a single stat to damage multiple times.

I've seen some DMs rule that the same stat to damage can't stack with itself unless it's somehow explicitly transformed into a different bonus type; they'll call a STR bonus to damage something that doesn't stack with itself unless an ability makes that STR bonus into an Insight bonus or similar, for instance. OP may be operating under rules similar to those.

Feralventas
2012-05-20, 03:36 PM
A little bit of bard combined with Dead Eye (Feat, Req Point Blank Shot and +1BAB) and using the Bow of Songs (Complete Adventurer) will let you spend Bardic Music uses to add your Charisma to damage, then your Dex, then you craft a Bow of Songs into a Composite Bow of Songs via Craft Wondrous Item so that you get Strength to damage as well.

For melee, a 1 level dip in Swordsage gets you a Shadow Hand stance so that you qualify for Shadow Blade (Dex to hit and damage while in a Shadow Hand stance), then get your normal strength modifier, and take the 3 levels of Swashbuckler for Int to damage as well.

I think Shiba Protector gets WIsdom to damage, so you could also probably go Swordsage/Monk/ShibaProtector for Dex/Str/Wisdom to damage.

Soranar
2012-05-20, 03:50 PM
Well you could certainly dip barbarian 2 for pounce (I'd take the ferocity form of rage since it also pumps your DEX)

That alone might make this thing workable.

If you could switch to a 2 handed finessable weapon (elven courtblade) you'd keep everything you have + you could take levels in exotic weapon master to gain uncanny blow (2x STR to damage instead of only 1.5).

All I can think of without ToB

Azoth
2012-05-20, 04:45 PM
Can't use Shdow Blade's dex to damage unless you are using a shadowhand weapon. No ranged weapons are shadow hand weapons.

Flickerdart
2012-05-20, 04:56 PM
Bow of Songs sucks enormously - it costs a swift action to use, so you can't use it more than once per round. If you want CHA to damage, use the feat Divine Might.

Aeryr
2012-05-20, 05:13 PM
You can't be both a Shiba Protector and a Champion of Corellon due to racial hullabaloo (unless you sink levels into Half-Elf Paragon).

Does half elf paragon allow that?

Flickerdart
2012-05-20, 05:16 PM
Oh, nope - I was remembering incorrectly what Divided Ancestry did.

Feralventas
2012-05-20, 05:37 PM
Can't use Shdow Blade's dex to damage unless you are using a shadowhand weapon. No ranged weapons are shadow hand weapons.

Dead-Eye feat in Ranged instead.

ojayaba
2012-05-20, 10:34 PM
A little bit of bard combined with Dead Eye (Feat, Req Point Blank Shot and +1BAB) and using the Bow of Songs (Complete Adventurer) will let you spend Bardic Music uses to add your Charisma to damage, then your Dex, then you craft a Bow of Songs into a Composite Bow of Songs via Craft Wondrous Item so that you get Strength to damage as well.

For melee, a 1 level dip in Swordsage gets you a Shadow Hand stance so that you qualify for Shadow Blade (Dex to hit and damage while in a Shadow Hand stance), then get your normal strength modifier, and take the 3 levels of Swashbuckler for Int to damage as well.

I think Shiba Protector gets WIsdom to damage, so you could also probably go Swordsage/Monk/ShibaProtector for Dex/Str/Wisdom to damage.

OP stated that ToB was banned so swordsage is a no go, plus also said in OP minimum 2+ levels in any given class or can't use it...

Also, I'm trying to do thins as a melee build.

Thurbane
2012-05-21, 05:20 AM
The weapon enhancement Fierce (+2 equivalent, Arms & Equipment guide) allows you to subtract some or all of your DEX bonus to AC and add it to damage rolls, if you want to skip Champion of Corellon Larethian.

candycorn
2012-05-21, 05:45 AM
Adding 1-4 levels of Factotum lets you add Int again.

Any class with a Turn Undead feature + Divine Might feat (complete warrior) lets you add Charisma to damage.

Slippers of Battledancing (DMG 2) lets you add Charisma to damage.

There's a difference between adding a Strength Modifier as a bonus to damage, and adding a Strength modifier as a Strength Bonus to damage.

The first is identifying what number you use, but leaving the bonus untyped. The second is identifying a bonus type. This would prevent stacking. That said, I haven't seen any rules text that uses the wording of the second. They all leave the bonus untyped, which means it stacks with other untyped bonuses.