PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Interlocked 1(IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-20, 07:38 AM
THE LADY IN WAITING

MIDGAR - The metropolitan capital of the Shinra Electric Power Company. Forever shrouded in darkness but forever the brightest spot in the eastern continent. If you have never been there, you would never know of the helplessness and despiration of those that lived below the plate, and that is where our story begins....

We begin in the Sector 7 slums, far from the prestige of those who live above, and the home of the oppressed people who live out their day-to-day lives selling their wares just to get by. Buildings and structures are made from wood and scrap metal, and instead of roads there are dirt paths. The sector 7 slums are lit only by a single street lamp situated next to the 7th Heaven bar. Crime is on the rise, bringing fear to the hearts of innocence.

Let's have our heroes introduce themselves.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/Sector7Slums.jpg

Setting Notes

The 7th Heaven bar is run by Tifa's friend, Johnny. He's also looking after Marlene.
No AVALANCHE members are currently in town.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-20, 11:29 AM
It was late in the afternoon, and Danica was silently sitting on the roof of a broken-down train. Her entire body was nearly motionless as she stared at the train platform, watching as people exited and boarded, as trains came and went. Her shuriken was resting comfortably on her lap, but her dark blue Shinra uniform was very much uncomfortable to her. She'd pinned her up her hair, though she'd opted for as tight a bun as possible at the nape of her neck instead of her usual three-layer cascade.

She had been there since early afternoon, watching the trains, and replaying her conversation with Heidegger that morning in her mind. She'd been in the middle of a morning meditation when he'd rudely barged in on her, but she maintained her calm and grace while he gave the worst briefing she'd ever received. Not only because the mission at hand was akin to a betrayal (if one wanted to think that way), but because there was no information except a location and a partner. Sector 7 Slums, and a SOLDIER she'd worked with a few times before named Tyr. Hunting a Cetra. She wondered if he was talking to the Planet now (something she did without wanting to at times, which caused her great annoyance). Did he know they were coming? Should she ask about him? Would she even get an answer?

Despite all the worries going through her mind, her face stayed serene, her eyes half-open, her lips in a slight smile. She continued her unflinching watch, though her patience was growing thin.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-20, 07:11 PM
A short, trench-coated figure shuffles through the Sector 7 slums. Wrapped up to the point of obscuring features, yet with clothing too baggy in places to determine figure, it was an odd display of fashion, and clearly not a practical one. Though the streets seemed largely empty until the figure came across the 7th Heaven Bar. BLUE7 peered out from behind her scarf and hat at the bar, ths source of the sudden noise that intruded upon her solitude, though such intrusions were perhaps not unwelcome. She reflected a moment, rather loudly for what would for anyone else be an internal thought, though at no point did she seem fearful someone had heard her odd monologue A bar... known for alcohol, among other things. I wonder what alcohol tastes like - or for that matter what much of anything tastes like. I suppose that might as well be my next project - adding taste to the interface. I wonder if I took alcohol before... I hear it can cause brain damage, so maybe I got too brain damaged to remember taking it. She continued rambling to herself in that odd, subdued, metallic voice, as if someone speaking inside an aluminium echo chamber half a hallway away... while, ironically, drunk.

Coming to a rest upon the tacky debris that has an odd habit of gathering in the slums, she perched upon. Surveying her surroundings, she made an odd noise, like the clicking of a tongue, but altogether wrong. Perhaps I'll drop by Wall Street, see if he's got anything for me... It's been a week since he last contacted me, I hope they haven't... FOUND him. He's smarter than that, right?

Suddenly, her body seized up.
A gut-wrenching and disorienting feeling led her senses back to a familiar feeling body of liquid as her eyes snapped open for what felt like the first time in months. Her vision darting around more wildly than before, she looked down and saw to her surprise that red-dressed blonde with the annoying laugh staring back at her. She wanted to scream, but knew it would do her no good, her mind panicking wildly over a thousand different things. She caught the tail end of her command after the mentioning of 'protocal' - to find and 'KILL' the 'Cetra'.
BLUE seemed to wake with a start, butof course, she hadn't exactly been sleeping. She was quite disoriented as she got to her feet. Okay, okay, calm... With a deep breath she steadied herself. Simple orders, simple objective. Find the Cetra, kill. Find red-dressed woman, kill. Cetra first - remain calm, you can figure this one out. I might as well start asking around this shady bar, maybe someone in here has their ear to the ground of the underbelly of this city. She stood up, approaching the door, thinking aloud What's a Cetra?

She couldn't have been just a little more specific, huh? I'm going to have to go find the Turks or something and ASK. Well... maybe someone in here has an idea anyway, you never know. Plus I kind of want o see the inside of this place, a peak couldn't hurt... BLUE7 cautiously slides the door open, as if expecting to get jumped.

What do I see inside the Seventh Heaven Bar? Anything promising? Either way, BLUE takes a look-see.

BTW, probably shouldn't have told us about when the pillar, even if it was in a spoiler tag - I'd remove it before anyone else spies it.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-20, 10:51 PM
As Blue7 shuffled into the bar and peeked around, she could see several wooden tables with only a handful of people sitting at them, possibly drinking their sorrows aways. A one-armed bandit machine was a against the eastern side of the wall, and a man was standing behind the bar. His hair was blonde and in the style of a mohawk, which seemed to match is black clothing and heavy bangled jewerllery. He was slumped over the bar, constantly staring at the clock above the door.

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-21, 01:21 AM
A shorter man sitting at the bar wearing a Green SOLDIER uniform. He ignores the angry glares from some of the more shady looking characters as he is used to them, and the katana he wears on his back keeps them at bay. Honestly he would welcome a fight and he knows most of the scum down in these slums would deserve the end of his blade. With the recent terrorist attacks, and the crime rate skyrocketing he has been taking more and more trips down to the slums hoping someone would start something so he could get some payback for those killed.

He was about halfway through his glass of cheap scotch when his phone rings *the battle won tone*. Letting out of heavy sigh he sets his glass down and pulls the phone out of his pocket. First the cute bartender is gone again and now this... What else is gonna go wrong today. Opening his phone he reads the message and smiles, Danica huh? It's been a while.

Getting up he calls her and heads for the door, walking past the person in the trench coat.

Danica
Assuming you pick up.
"Hey, Tyr here. Did you get the assignment? Looks like we're working together again. I'm in Sector 7, where do you want to meet up?"

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-21, 01:54 AM
Danica was slightly startled as her phone vibrated, snapping her out of her thoughts. She answered it on the second ring, surprised that Tyr was calling her. "Hello, again, Tyr, it's good to hear your voice again," she said, "Heidegger came to me this morning with the assignment, I've been waiting for you at the train station ever since. Were you at 7th Heaven all this time?

As she spoke, she climbed down from the train and began walking towards the slums. It would have been too awkward to carry her shuriken down, too, so she'd just dropped it and picked it up again after teaching the ground. "I don't suppose you know more than I do about this? All I was told is that he's alone and in Sector 7."

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-21, 03:54 AM
Tyr's pace steadily increases towards the train station. He was getting eager to meet up with his old friend once again. "Lucky you, does he still smell of rotten cheese soaking in a boot full of sweat? Have I really become that predictable? I was just having my preemptive half glass of scotch before a mission. They always seem to know when I'm at a bar... Anyways, no I am a little fuzzy on the subject of Cetra. I was really hoping you would know a little more on them to be honest." Slightly embarrassed with his lack of knowledge he tries to think of anything he might remember about them.

Knowledge (life science): [roll0]
For anything that might have relevance from that particular knowledge skill.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-21, 04:02 AM
Tyr
The Cetra are the oldest sentient beings on the planet. They constanly migrated to find their promised land. They were nearly wiped out to the point of extinction by a parasistic alien

Princess Tracy
2012-05-21, 07:50 AM
SOLDIER uniform... He seems to be moving purpose. Maybe he knows? I should ask around the bar anyway... She looks around to see him leave, considering her options. But he might get away. Hm... She produces a coin, flipping it. Heads I follow him, she remarks, but as the coin reaches its peak in midair, she turns around, going back through the door, already knowing the result.

Ah, Seventh Heaven, once again I am forced to resist your siren call. Well, it's not like it's going anywhere - I'll just come back later if this lead is a dud, she mutters to herself as she makes her way down the street, following the apparent SOLDIER. Though quickly enough, perhaps out of an alcoholic buzz, he didn't look around and instead talked rather too loudly for any sort of covert agent. Clearly not a man hired for his brains. Or self-control - judging by his pace, he's slightly intoxicated. Listening in to his phone conversation rather rudely, she quickly picks up on the word 'Cetra'. Alright then... I'm not working with him obviously, but I can tag along from the shadows until I learn more.

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-21, 10:48 AM
He perks up a bit, "Um, I guess we're looking for someone who moves around a lot. I remember reading that they are constantly migrating in search of their promise land."
Perception against a sneaky cyborg: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-21, 11:11 AM
Tyr
As you continue to banter away on your phone, you notice out of the corner of your eye a medium-sized being in a mis-match of clothes, following slowly behind you.

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-21, 11:41 AM
The sense of being followed is confirmed with his peripherals, "Anyways, we can talk about it more in a bit. I'll meet ya at the train graveyard. That should give us our privacy." With this he hangs up and starts texting her.

Danica
You can respond to the other posts, but he hangs up fairly quickly after this one. Text:
Hey, bn followed. Ambush for questioning. Don't attack unless they do. ETA 5 min.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-21, 12:51 PM
Danica bit her tongue when asked if she knew more about the Cetra. 'We can talk to the Planet, we're hunted by the people I work for...' she thought, but her pause was enough for him to offer up a fairly useless tip for finding their target. "Some people move around a lot in the slums, though, following whatever money is available, but it's a start." she replied, privately thinking she'd just ask the Planet if she really had to.

She was a bit surprised when he abruptly ended the conversation and told get to go to the graveyard, but his text a moment later answered any questions it raised. She fired back a quick, Okay, before running back and hiding on the side of the platform close to the graveyard, crouched down, and shuriken ready.

Hide check: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-21, 01:17 PM
Danica
(OOC: I assume you meant Stealth instead of Hide lol)
Danica crouched behind the platform, providing her with half cover (not total cover) from any persuable threat.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-21, 02:12 PM
((OOC: Right, sorry, force of habit. It was a check to hide from BLUE7's perception check (if she makes one), so cover isn't really the concern.))

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-21, 02:15 PM
Right, sorry, force of habit. It was a check to hide from BLUE7's perception check (if she makes one), so cover isn't really the concern.

It is. Having cover, be it half or total, provides an increase in DC for the target to use skills or attacks targeted towards you, including Perception. If she decides to attack you, you recieve a +2 cover bonus to Reflex Defence.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-21, 02:18 PM
((OOC: Oh. Oops. Never mind then, I'm a moron.))

Princess Tracy
2012-05-21, 03:32 PM
He saw me, didn't he... idiot. You let your guard down and didn't even TRY to sneak just because you thought he was tipsy... Alright. He mentioned the train graveyard, so at least I'm not deaf. Might as well back off for now.

Turning on her heel, BLUE makes her way back to the 7th Heaven, barging in and sitting down as gracefully as she can (which is to say, with her clothing and weight, not at all).

Making sure to avoid the bartender's gaze, lest he spot the glow of her eyes, and speaking quietly to minimize the scratching of her audio - knowing all too well people of the slums don't respond well to 'Shinra property', she asks Excuse me, which way is the 'train graveyard'? Then, more meekly, not wanting to be heard almost And what does 'scotch' taste like?

RdMarquis
2012-05-22, 04:39 AM
After a second look at Tseng's text message, Alastor closed it with a slight sneer. He agreed. Why someone as belligerent and trigger happy as Heidegger was put in charge of an army, he would never understand. The Turk operative confirmed he had received the message and pocketed his cell phone. If fortune was kind, the director's underlings would be nothing like him.

Entering the slums was like entering a whole other city in his eyes. No matter how many times Alastor had gone below the plate, the sheer difference shocked him. Untold numbers of people, living in a world of rust and pollution.

He considered the best course of action as he made his way toward Sector 7. Odds weren't good that any of the locals would be able to point him in the right direction. Cetra were all but indistinguishable from humans. The residents of Sector 7 might not even know one was living among them. Better to observe the people for any unusual behavior.

Alastor got off the train at the graveyard. He silently walked away from the station into the shadow of a building. There, he waited.

Would Alastor have received any information on what the Cetra looks like or how to identify them? Also, should I roll to be sneaky?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-22, 04:46 AM
Alastor
He wouldn't have done as the board of directors tend to keep information from each other.

As for rolling to be sneaky, feel free to do so.

Blue7
The batender looks at you strangely before replying, "why don't you try some for yourself" he says, pouring out a small glass of scotch. "The train graveyard is on the other side of sector 7 slums, past the pillar and train stati-" he stopped to think about it, "actually, i'll make it easier. Come out of here and turn left. Follow the path right the way around and you will see a split in the path. The right path leads to the sector 6 gate and the left goes to the train station. The train graveyard is on the other side of the station". He smiles at the odd person then looks down at the glass of scotch, "oh, and that would be 17 gil please".

Princess Tracy
2012-05-22, 06:48 AM
BLUE7 looks at the glass intently,having feared this very moment. She ponders a moment, then replies Thank you, keep the change and places 20 gil on the counter. I can't drink tonight though. I have to... drive. With that, she clambers up out of her stool, wanting out of anyone' sight and hoping they don't hear the seat creaking as if to give way under her weight. Well, I made an idiot of myself, but that's par for teh course.

She headed towards the door, meaning to leave before anyone snapped onto her. If uninterrupted, she follows the barman's instructions to the letter to reach the train graveyard, although occasionally stopping to admire nearby abandoned engines and mechanical parts dotting the street. (likely getting there about two minutes after her quarry)

RdMarquis
2012-05-22, 06:11 PM
Alastor
[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-22, 06:18 PM
Alastor
The shadows welcome you like a friend, giving you total cover from all enemy attack rolls and skill checks. You recive a +5 cover bonus to Reflex Defence.

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-23, 09:38 AM
With his tail breaking off, Tyr walks with a little more ease. Guess they knew they were made. He shoots Danica another text, They knew I knew, unless they are really sneaky it should just be the two of us.

As he arrives at the train graveyard he looks around for signs of Danica.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-23, 06:16 PM
Tyr
Perception check: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-23, 06:19 PM
Tyr searched for several minutes, however his lack of concentration did not allow him to find Danica.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-23, 08:39 PM
Perception to see Alastor get of the train: [roll0]

If successful, she'll be following him, so a sneak check to go unnoticed: [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-24, 12:24 AM
Danica spots Alastor getting off the train and begins following him, however she has her back into a corner when she realises the turk has suddenly vanished.

RdMarquis
2012-05-24, 04:56 AM
Alastor knew it would be difficult for anyone to spot him at the moment. The Turk might have dismissed the person following him as a would be mugger he had given the slip. If he hadn't glimpsed her uniform, that is. Lovett chanced a peek back at his shadow, remembering he had been advised to seek the help of any SOLDIER members in the area.

He never went into a fight with even odds if he could help it, and whoever it was could prove a potential ally. Or an enemy. As Alastor inched out of his hiding place, he reached for his pistol.

[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-24, 05:02 AM
Alastor
As you observe your stalker from the shadows, you notice that it is a female. She is also wearing a Shinra infantry suit and carrying a shuriken, however her helmet is nowhere to be seen, and you can make out her face clearly.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-24, 10:15 AM
'What's a Turk doing here?' Danica wondered, now slightly suspicious that her assignment was more than just for observational purposes. She followed the man from the station, and though she tried to be somewhat sneaky about it, she wasn't exactly too careful about it, and when he slipped into the darkness between buildings, she lost sight of him completely.

She paused for a few seconds at the edge of the shadows, before stepping to the side and leaning against the wall facing the light. "So, what brings a Turk to the Slums?" she asked, as her phone vibrated in her pocket, "Aren't most of the SOLDIER prospects above the plate?"

While listening for an answer, she tapped a quick text back to Tyr. Or maybe three. Any idea why a Turk might be down here? I don't expect a straight answer from him.

RdMarquis
2012-05-25, 02:18 AM
Now more confident the woman wasn't an enemy, he eased the pistol back into its holster. "The same thing that brought you here." The Turk appeared out of the shadows. "I'm presuming, of course, that you're acting on the Director's orders to...find someone." Alastor's voice was barely above a whisper.

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-25, 02:23 AM
Getting a bit frustrated that he hasn't found Danica yet, he continues searching for her. When he gets the text he is a bit confused but starts putting things together. Politics... He texts her back, We can discuss that face to face. I'm sure it has something to do with our superiors being in a piss'n contest. Where are you, exactly?

Hoping she gets back to him quickly, once he gets her location he runs there as fast as he can.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-25, 03:52 AM
"I suppose I am." Danica laughed, pulling her phone out as it buzzed and reading the message from Tyr, "But I'm fairly certain that my purpose for finding this person is, shall we say, a bit different from yours?" She smiled broader, and though she started spinning her shuriken in her hand, it was evident it wasn't intended to be a threatening gesture. With her other hand, she tapped out a message to Tyr.

Just by the buildings near the station. Might have passed each other by accident. Just talking to the Turk, he seems nice enough.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-25, 06:51 PM
I hate train tracks, mutters BLUE7 as she wanders into graveyard, of sorts. I still have damage from.. the incident. The current that carries trains across town is not pleasant for my fine, supple circuitry, I'll tell you that right now.

As she nears the gathering of SOLDIER and Turk alike, she hushes herself, slipping behind the demolished frame of a train. Turks AND Soldier... What on earth is going on in this town tonight? Is it even night? Crap, my internal clock is busted, when did that happen? Ooh, look at the rivets on this thing, it's just dying for some - NO, stay focussed, don't get distracted by train engines, you weirdo, you can't afford to slip up and be instantly caught here. These are trained murderers, ruthless and proficient - they might DESTROY me for looking at them wrong... Just sit tight and listen out for any word on the Cetra.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-25, 06:55 PM
Blue7
You are hidden from view, however you can only make out slight murmurs from the other's conversation you also fail to see the broken carriage coupler directly below you, which is sending a small electrical shock into your mechanical body

Dealing 1d6+2 damage.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-25, 07:01 PM
Blue7
ahem, i'll do that again. Dealing [roll0]

Princess Tracy
2012-05-25, 07:09 PM
OW DAMN WHY!? BLUE screeches, falling face first, loudly breaking through more debris than what seemed mechanically possible, her nerves shot for a moment. She sits face down for a second, collecting herself, not even caring that her hat flew off or that no one within a mile could have missed her display. Get up, body, run, she mutters, reaching feably for her hat as she tries to regain her footing, turning awkwardly to make a dash for it, though her coordination still shot.

RdMarquis
2012-05-26, 02:07 AM
"It's possible." Alastor replied. "But, I wouldn't know. I'm not always told everything. In any case, I could use some help on this assignment." They could argue over who would take the Cetra in later, once they actually had him or her in custody. Lovett takes the twirling of the shuriken in stride. Besides, flinging the blade at him would be a little difficult from that position.

Spyder_Cel
2012-05-26, 03:23 PM
Before arriving at Danica's location, Tyr slows down to seem casual as he walks up to the two of them. "Well, what did I miss? Are you two getting along?" He puts his arm behind his back resting his hand on his sword.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-26, 04:13 PM
Danica was about to respond to Alastor when Tyr arrived. "I think we are, but our bosses don't seem to be." she replied, stopping her shuriken, "So I don't know how good an idea it is, but if w all have the same goal for now, we might as well go after it together."

She was going to continue, but an oddly tinny scream pierced the air, followed by a loud crash. "What on Gaia...?" she wondered aloud, watching the dust settle from the collapse. She paused for a moment. "So... Should we investigate that, or...?"

Princess Tracy
2012-05-26, 06:02 PM
Running, running running, don't stop running until you reach Sector 6! Wait, why am I afraid of these guys? What's the worst they could possibly do? BLUE thinks back to reading the battle reports on the SOLDIER 1st Class. Oh, right that. But they wouldn't want to hurt me right? After all, I'm on thier side, right? Well... let's let history decide that, and so she contnued running, not even aware or caring of how much more of a racket she was making this way.

What about the Cetra though? she seems to almost unconsciously remark. She stops completely in her tracks for a moment, fastening her hat. What to do, what to do...

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-26, 06:09 PM
As our heroes ponder on what they should do, suddenly a loud scream can be heard from within a building in the centre of sector 7 slums. A chilling, frightening scream.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-27, 06:15 PM
BLUE pondered a moment, having heard the scream. She looked back at where she feared those SOLDIERs would be running after her any second now - suspecting her of spying on them, not something she was willing to die for even if it was true. Still though... I'm no hero, she tells herself. Yet before she knows it, she finds her escape path rerouting, heading almost straight for the scream's source, her head full of ulterior rationale's for why investigating it was a good idea.

RdMarquis
2012-05-28, 01:08 AM
The Turk looks in the direction of the scream, his eyes wide. "Can't be in two places at once." And for all they knew, it could be related to the first bit of commotion. "I say we head for the center, first." Alastor tugged at the black gloves on his hands. "Come on, let's move!" As urgent as the situation seemed, he didn't turn to make sure he was being followed.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-28, 02:56 PM
Once everyone makes their way to the centre of sector 7, please make a Perception check.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-28, 03:28 PM
BLUE just keeps running, the current operating thought in her head bein taht this was as good a reason as any to just head back into town and come at the investigation from a different angle. Preferably one insulated from molestation by undischarged train batteries and when her 'fellow' agents of shinra wouldn't see her coming. Computers are so much easier to work with than this. I'd feel like a coward, bt I can hardly afford to have my arm blown off or something.

She grinds to a halt as she enters town, finally catching her bearings as she sees the 7th Heaven's street lamp in the distance, switching it up to instead sneak and slip to the centre of town.

Perception [roll0]

RdMarquis
2012-05-29, 02:19 AM
Alastor slows from a run to a walk as he nears the center of the slums. He approaches slowly, once again finding cover behind a building. The Turk arms himself with a pistol and takes a peek to see what is causing the disturbance.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-29, 04:48 AM
"... Yeah, maybe." Danica said after a pause, staring back at the train graveyard, "But that scream..." She hesitated a moment, then took a deep breath, clutching her shuriken tighter and taking off after the Turk.

'Okay, I know I don't often like you guys talking to me, but please, tell me what's going on...' she pleaded to the Planet as she ran.

Making both the perception check to hear the Planet and the one for when she reaches the centre of the slums in this post.

Planetary Whisper: [roll0]

For what's at the centre: [roll1]
Snap, nat 20. :P

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 05:09 AM
Blue7
You think you can hear the scream coming from the direction of the 7th Heaven bar.

Danica
You you can hear the scream coming from the 7th Heaven bar

The planet's voice can be heared clearly as you close your eyes.

"go to the place where spirits are high and heaven is in sight"

Alastor
You can hear the scream from the 7th Heaven bar.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 06:30 AM
Blue shuffles over to the 7th Heaven bar, trying to peer inside without being seen.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 07:43 AM
Blue7
You enter the bar and creep behind the nearest wooden table without being seen. The bar is now deserted with the exception of four scruffy looking men wearing yellow bandanas surrounding a tall man with bright red hair, unkept clothes, and several earrings. He was enjoying the fear he was inflicting on a woman, who he had held of by her long, flowing blonde hair. All five men were carrying a knife.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 01:30 PM
Oh, that won't stand. I'm in need of redemption for running, and I don't much appreciate seeing a girl being held - against her will. There's a subdued, mechanical whirring as BLUE7 unwinds her pistol hand, and produces her katana in her other hand, though not before securing her disguise. With a customary bend of her legs, she springs up and over the table, spinning dramatically, veering her blade for the red-headed leader's spine as she rushes forward. A pack of wolves feels a daunting fear upon the death of an alpha. Such beasts as these - they are best dismantled leader first; despite their numbers, they are poorly armed and likely susceptible to intimidation. Either way, this one falls first.

Surprise Round
Blue charges the leader before his goons can form a defensive perimeter
Initiative [roll0]
Katana Attack (charge) [roll1]
Katana Damage [roll2]

There are few nonpeaceful alternatives to you dying. Walk off and you may just live.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 01:48 PM
As Blue charges the leader, he lifts his head up just in time to see the angered robot, diving sideways out of the way; still grabbing hold of the defenceless girl.

"Who the hell are you?" he says, his face turning from a grin to panic-stricken. "It doesn't matter. The don is need of a bride. Boys, take care of that, that, that THING".

With a simple "yes boss" reply, the four thugs turn to face Blue, their knifes raised in their defence. Their boss then dashes to the door and escapes, the girl closesly in toe.

Initiative roll
Thug A [roll0]
Thug B [roll1]
Thug C [roll2]
Thug D [roll3]

Initiative order
Thug D
Thug C
Thug B
Blue7
Thug A

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 02:04 PM
The thug closest to Blue leaps at her in a blind panic, with the two thugs just to his left following suit.

Thug D knife attack [roll0]
Thug C knife attack [roll1]
Thug B knife attack [roll2]

damage
[roll3] (d)
[roll4] (c)
[roll5] (b)

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/7thheavenbattlemap.png

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 05:30 PM
BLUE7 parries quite masterfully as the first goon swings madly at her, driving him to the side, just in time to deftly dodge he second - right before the third good charges up. It's always the third one that gets me, BLUE reflects as the knife pierces her chassis and rends open the first layer or two of her clothing. Grabbing hold of the knife wound even as she recoils, she pushes back her aggressor and throws off her coatin his direction as she strikes her stance, allowing other articles of clothing to fall away, revealing most of her mechanical body. Good reflexes, for a crook! she shouts over to the leader, seeming to ignore her current opponents even as she brings her sword down on her aggressor.

Attack goon B with katana (standard)
damage [roll[2d12+5

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 05:32 PM
Didn't enter damage roll correctly
Damage [roll0]

OOC: I'll Wait to see if he drops before I complete my turn

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-29, 06:02 PM
Receiving her reply from the Planet, Danica couldn't help but roll her eyes. 'I kind of figured that bit out on my own...[/color'] she thought, continuing her run, '[color=darkgreen]I was more asking why I need to go there. Got to be more specific next time.'

She was snapped out of her thoughts as a red-haired man burst out of 7th Heaven, dragging a blond woman. Danica's face blanked, but one thought ran through her mind: 'Oh, HELL no.'

She closed the distance, throwing her shuriken when she was close.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack roll: [roll1]
(I put her at about 9 squares away for this roll, but she can be whatever distance you deem appropriate. Add one to the result if she's closer than 6 squares, but don't alter it unless she's further than 12.)
Damage: [roll2]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 06:04 PM
the thug didn't stood chance once the blade of Blue's katana struck him. He falls to the floor, spitting blood out of his mouth as he does so.

(OOC: i'm now using my phone to reply so i won't be able to update image, but thug b is out for the count.)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 06:16 PM
Danica
the crook looked around to see a gleem of metal struck him squarely in the chest. He lets go of the girl and turns to face his attacker.

"that's it" he shouted, his facing turning red with frustration.
He pulled out a gun from its holster and aims it towards the shinra grunt. "if its one thing i hate and that's Shinra sticking their noses where its not wanted".

He fires his gun.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 06:29 PM
Initiative roll for 'crook' [roll0]

Initiative order
Danica
Crook

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 06:32 PM
BLUE revels in the moment as cloth and flesh tear, and as the awestruck goons stand with heir jaws agape, she moves towards the door.

Withdraw as move action. Move one space diagonally up-right. Then move two spaces to teh right, i.e. in the direction of the door.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-29, 06:38 PM
As Blue makes her escape out of the 7th Heaven bar, the remaining thugs stood dumb-founded before following her out into the street.

RdMarquis
2012-05-29, 07:03 PM
Alastor was already moving toward 7th Heaven when the man barged outside with the girl. The Turk decides against opening fire. He would rather leave him alive for questioning. As he aims a punch at the kidnapper, though, Lovett keeps the pistol in his other hand.

Initiative
[roll0]
Attack
[roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-30, 01:42 AM
The crook grabbed Alastor's fist and pushed him back. As he turned to see Blue exit the bar, he rushed over to the girl, who was shaking in fear on the ground.

"I'd love to stay and chat but i have a job to finish", the crook said, grabbing hold of the girl. "Boys, take care of these pests".

With that, the crook dragged the girl up the street, round the corner, and disappeared out of sight. The three thugs were now joined by two others, who were waiting for them near the opposite building.

Initiative roll
Thug E [roll0]
Thug F [roll1]

Initiative Order
Danica
Thug D
Alastor
Thug C
Thug F
Thug E
Blue7
Thug A

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-30, 01:56 PM
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/sector7battlemap.png

RdMarquis
2012-05-31, 09:18 PM
"Try to keep one of them alive. It'll be harder to track down their boss otherwise." Without another word, Alastor springs forward, aiming an knee strike at the midsection of his nearest opponent.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

This is against enemy E.

Sage of Legaia
2012-05-31, 09:35 PM
Danica snatched her returning shuriken out of the air and dodged the bullet in one swift motion. Her eyes flashed at the thug leader's comment, but she said nothing. As she readied her shuriken for another throw, though, he retreated, taking the woman with him. 'Dammit.'

Taking in the new scenario in an instant, she moved to the left, lining up for a throw at one of the new minions. 'I don't have time for this nonsense...' she thought, as the shuriken left her hand.

Danica moves 2 squares up on the battle grid to be in line with Thug F and throws her shuriken at him.

Damage [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-31, 11:29 PM
Alastor's opponent felt the full effects of the attack. He clutched hold of his privates, yelping in pain as he does so, but he was still conscious.

Danica moved in for the kill, and in one swift motion, dropped her foe to thr floor; blood spurting out of his neck where her shuriken hit.

Thug F is down.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-31, 11:46 PM
Two of the thugs moved closely to Blue and tempted to stab her with ner knife. Alastor's foe tries stumbling away with his hands still protecting his private section.

Thug C attack [roll0]
Thug D attack [roll1]

Damage [roll2](c)
Damage [roll3](d)

Thug E moves four squares to the right.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-01, 06:39 AM
Temporarily distracted with the leader, Blue ends up taking both knife wounds fairly badly, reeling as she is slashed and emitting a hideous electronic screech of pain. After a brief stumble however, she quickly regains her composure, turning on the henchmen. You'd think you would LEARN, she screams, running one of them through.

katana attack against C, [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-01, 06:50 AM
The thug felt Blue's full wrath as her blade went in one side and out the other. The goon dropped to his knees and finally collapsed to the floor; unable to wake up.

The brute nearby rushed towards Blue and raised his knife in protest.

Thug A moves 2 squares towards Blue and attacks [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-01, 08:05 AM
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/sector7battlemap3.png

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-01, 12:18 PM
Getting up from tying his shoes he notices Danica and Alastor have made some distance on him. He sprints for them following them as close as he could manage. Arriving to the battle, he charges at one of the remaining thugs swinging his sword straight down on the unlucky foe. "Sorry I'm late!"

Move action/Charge (-2 Reflex, +2 Attack), against D.

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Sooo sorry about the massive delay. It's taking a while to get this new job in order. But shouldn't be anymore problems!

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-01, 12:53 PM
Tyr's sword manages to cleave his foe's head straight off. the two remaining goons watch on in terror, knowing that they are vastly outnumbered, they remain certain they may be able to pull their orders off.

Thug D is dead.

Initiative Order
Tyr
Danica
Alastor
Thug E
Blue7
Thug A

(OOC: That's ok :smallsmile:)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-01, 12:59 PM
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/sector7battlemap4.png

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-01, 08:35 PM
'It's okay, Tyr, they're really weak.' Danica thought in response to Tyr's apology, though she said nothing and her face stayed blank. She caught her shuriken, and after closing a bit of the distance between them, threw it again at the retreating thug.

Danica's moving 4 squares to the right (right below Alastor), then attacking.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-02, 04:47 AM
Danica's shuriken hits her foe squarely in the chest, knocking him unconscious.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-02, 04:58 AM
BLUE tilts her head at the new arrivals to the fight, previously to distracted by being repeatedly stabbed to pay them much heed until 'the one with the sword' came charging up to her side. SOLDIER, the very one she had been spying on. SOLDIERs and Turks, what a night.

Snapping from her thoughts to far the last, quivering member, she folds up her hand, turning it from a gun to a fist and cracks him across the face.

Facepunch attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-02, 05:07 AM
As the last thug watches on as his associate falls to the floor, he is unable to see Blue's fist come flying round at him. He was quite lucky, however, as he only drops to the floor unconscious, unlike most of his friends.

With the last thug down, the crowd of onlookers woop and cheer our heroes with ceremonial grace, having watched the situation unfold.

What do our heroes do next?

Princess Tracy
2012-06-02, 06:04 AM
Er, hi, BLUE greets her assistants, fumbling to pull on her coat (which she was immediately reminded was now somewhere in the bar). She felt quite naked, being clearly seen as a robot, but then again she wasn't wearing any clothes so perhaps that was justified. Shaking herself she remembers her place. Um, I mean...Greetings, Shinra employees. Is there any way that NID Unit BLUE7 can assist you? I am trained in some manners of interrogation. She talks in that fashion the other droids do whenever someone bothers to install a voice box in them - officious with a that odd hint of sexiness that Hojo demanded of all female subordinates. Looking these new companions up, they didn't seem that scary up close. A foot-soldier - a woman no less - a worn out looking Turk, and a clear SOLDIER, and of course with the glowing eyes that mirrrored BLUE's own. Taking no chances here...

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-02, 07:43 AM
Danica wasn't used to fighting with people around, so when the cheer erupted, she was caught off-guard a bit. 'Is this... Was no one else going to try stopping them?' she wondered, catching her shuriken, 'Has it really become so hopeless down here that a kidnapping is just ho-hum?' Danica knew, like everyone else in Midgar, that Slum life was abysmal, but it was hard for her to believe that things had gotten that bad.

She looked at the two thugs who had been the last standing. No blood to be seen on either one, so there was the chance they were still alive. Perfect. "Help me get them into the bar?" she asked Alastor in a whisper, though it sounded more like a demand than a request, "Like you said, we need information..." She smiled and waved at the cheering crowd, debating striking some sort of victory pose, but deciding against it. She crossed over to the thug she'd knocked down, and began dragging his body towards 7th Heaven.

Though she hadn't ignored BLUE, she also wasn't really sure what to say. She rarely worked with machines, and only one or two of those had been capable of speech. It was all the more odd to her that the robot had changed its greeting, as though a simple 'hi' was somehow odd. She merely nodded and smiled at the mention of interrogation, knowing that if verbal interrogation from a robot failed, she had other methods of obtaining the information. Luckily for Danica, the smile and nod came at the right moment, and would probably be seen as a greeting (of sorts) unless the robot was a mind reader.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-02, 12:03 PM
After the last of the thugs had fallen Tyr slices downword with his sword through the air and the blood from the headless thug splashes on the ground. Enjoying the attention from the crowd he spins his sword over his head before sheathing it in one swift motion.

Knowing what the Turk was up to he now addresses the BLUE7, "That depends, do you have obligations to assist us? Who are you working for and what is your primary function?" Tyr recognizes Hojo's signature in her voice and assumes this robot is probably Shinra based.

While talking to this newcomer Tyr checks the vitals of the two thugs that are possible still alive and helps drag then into the bar.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-02, 01:09 PM
As the heroes dragged the unconscious thugs inside the bar, an elderly man rushed over to them; his face was panic-stricken.

"please, you have to help me" he said, drawing his breath after every few words, "that man kidnapped my daughter. Is there anyway you can save her?"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-02, 04:09 PM
BLUE looks over the crowd as she makes to assist in enhanced interrogation. Quite odd, being seen by so many people - that uneasy feeling of being stark naked, but she tries her damndest not to let it show - quite easy for one without any sort of moving face. As she is addressed by her new companion, she bows her head, in an impression of the other model robots that she was used to seeing - the same presentation she had become so proficient in.

I am a prototype droid developed by the Shinra Electric Company for unmanned ground-level combat, with secondary functions for this particular model including surveillance and interrogation. NID-Unit BLUE7, though my developers address me as BLUE7, BLUE or Seven for short. I have been deployed to investigate... she paused for a moment, then remembered that all that these people would have been seen of her before was her now entirely absent coat - to these people, this greened iron shell was all they had seen of her. ...reports of Cetra in the slum area. I approached this bar looking for leads as a test of my investigative functions and was attacked.

She pondered a moment on what to say of her commander. that woman... were her actiosn legal? She seemed competing with teh other investigation - if they new she had sent her, would they respond violently? No, no, just do what you always do and appear useful, you'lll be fine. She was actually quite happy to have teh old man run up and disrupt her introduction.

After hearing his spiel, she thought for a moment, not really having been able to give the thugs' objective much thought in the presence of her new company. They mentioned the Don, didn't they? I've been to Sector 6 enough to know the deal there, though he seemed happy to let the woman come to him... she mutters before catching herself.

As a servant of Shinra, command of me falls to you for the duration of this mission, Blue informs the party. However, I would recommend assisting this man. It may improve Shinra's standing in the public eye, especially with recent events inciting rebellious activity. I am also trained in diplomacy, she quickly adds.

She kicks one of the thugs, trying to rouse him enough to speak.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-02, 07:09 PM
Danica just smiled slightly at the old man. "That was your daughter?" she asked, though it sounded more like a statement, "You're in luck. We were just about to ask these lovely fellows--" she paused as she yanked the thug she was dragging up to about chest level, then dropped him back to the ground, "--just where their boss went. If you know anything, though, it might save us some time."

She was, of course, still listening to BLUE7, but decided it might be best to let Tyr handle the robot, at least for now. Machines mostly made Danica uneasy and tended to block the Planet's voice when they were nearby, and even though she often didn't appreciate hearing it whisper to her, not hearing it at all was unnerving.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-02, 07:34 PM
"Thank you, thank you so much" the man said; sighing in relief, "all i know is that that man who took my little girl is called Sykes. He usually comes here to make trouble for us. Normally a guy with a gun for a hand deals with him, but he's nowhere to be seen"

RdMarquis
2012-06-03, 06:05 AM
"We'll learn everything else soon enough." The words were meant to be reassuring, but Alastor's voice was too cold for that. Moreover, he punctuated his statement with a punch to one of the prisoners' heads. "Won't we?" The Turk's eyes never left the thug as he began asking questions. "Where did Sykes take the girl? Tell us, and I'll at least make sure you get through this alive." Alastor pulled at a glove meaningfully. "Your boss can't possibly pay you well enough for you to die for him."

Princess Tracy
2012-06-03, 11:06 AM
BLUE picks up one of the thugs and throws him overarm into the bar, hitting one of the tables with his ragdoll of a body. securing her blade in its holster around her backside, she grabs one of her hands at the wrist, uncoiling it to reveal the barrel of the gun once more. Pressing it almost to the table, right next to the thugs ear, she lets off a single, deafening shot to try and shock him awake. Your boss is fast on his feet, so you better be fast at flapping your gums, she threatens as she pulls up her foot to step on his chest - balancing to make sure she was exerting just a little of her mechanical body's monstrous weight on his ribcage, pinning him (her full body probably enough to snap his bones). Now, why don't you tell the good people what you were doing here tonight and where we should start looking for the young miss taht got dragged off. I'm programmed to kill useless people, but my friends here will do a lot worse - and that's before we get to your other friend over there, the only other one we didn't slaughter. Now I'm gonna loosen my foot, you're gonna take a deep breath into your pathetic lungs, and you're gonna start talking, got it?

Persuasion check to intimidate and interrogate [roll0]

Plus any situation modifiers for the nature of his predicament - him being barely conscious enough to breathe, being outgunned, being outnumbered, being dispensible by virtue of there being another person for us interogate if we take his 'questioning' a little too far, the superstion around robots, the system shock of having a gun go off right next to his face, and the curent bout of physical duress he is under) - really, I'd crap my pants in his circumstances. I think I won the check anyway, I'm just chuckling at the fact that realistically it's almost impossible to fail.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-03, 11:26 AM
The thug was cacking himself at the sight of Blue's gun pointed directly at his face. Her words struck him hard, and the sight of so many people around him shook him up terribly.

"Please, y-y-you have to believe me, i don't k-k-know anything"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-03, 11:56 AM
Amusing, but I'm not programmed to be gullible, BLUE remarks as she leans forward, the table bending and breaking under her weight as she crushes the air from the thug. You know, i might believe you if you boys didn't spend the evening hauling off an innocent woman into the night and cutting up my body. What the hell can an innocent man be offered to make him so brave to not run from me in a fight and not tell me what he knows? She removes her foot, backing up and pointing the barrel of her gun at him. Don't bother moving - hyperkinetic reflexes, you'll be dead in an instant if you move anything other than your mouth. Now I've already got the scoop from your friend here, I'm just making sure he told the truth. Your story won't be contradicting his, will it? Now, where has our redhead chum run off to?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-03, 01:29 PM
"i swear, i don't know anything" he pleaded, his eyes filled with water as he did so, "Sykes came to me earlier and was like, so you wanna earn a few gold? and i said, yeah, i'll do anything. i don't know anything else".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-03, 01:44 PM
Tch. Fickle men. Blue tucked away her weapon. What desperation must lie in this place... She shook her head, then turned to face the rest of the party. She quickly thought on how to play of her knowledge of the underground wihout arousing suspicion.

My apologies, masters. This interrogation has yielded no new information. However, I believe I may be privy to prior knowledge concerning our target. I have been on several assignments to Wall Market, in the Sector 6 slums, and I am familiar with 'the don of many brides', Don Corneo. Cross-referencing this with a statement the red-haired individual [Sykes] made of 'the don being in need of a bride', I believe sector 6 is where we should go to investigate the girl's whereabouts.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-04, 01:38 AM
"Please don't call us master... The name is Tyr. Your logic seems spot on. I've heard of that pervert. He is well connected, he might have some knowledge of the Cetra we could beat out of him." He takes out his cell phone and makes a call. "Yeah, Tyr here. Got two survivors involved in a kidnapping that need to be brought in. We suspect Corneo. Danica and I are looking into it."

Hanging up he addresses the other, "I didn't mention meeting up with you two, I'd hate to get you in trouble with your supervisors (not to mention Heidegger would not be pleased knowing we're working with other branches). Lets head to sector six, the barkeep can keep an eye on these two until their arrest." Looking at the bartender, "Try to make sure they are still breathing when the authorities show up, if not no worries. But I do hold you responsible if one of these thugs gets away." Not waiting for a reply from the man he heads out.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-04, 01:50 AM
Danica merely watched from a chair, still and silent, as BLUE interrogated the man. It seemed he really didn't know anything, but BLUE was informed enough to give them some sort of lead. After Tyr made the call, she finally moved. It was just a twitch, but her shuriken flew across the room, targeting the calves of the interrogated thug. The pain would be enough to knock him out for a while, and the injury would keep him from running too far if he came to too soon. As it returned, she stood up and caught it. "Let's get going, then." she said flatly, heading for the door, "It's been a while since I've been to Sector 6..."

Attack for non-lethal damage: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 02:03 AM
Danica's shuriken forced the thug's head to fling back, knocking him unconscious.

As our heroes made their way out of the bar, they make their way up and round the street; the sector 6 gate was straight ahead of them. As they approached the gate they notice two shinra grunts standing their as guardsman.

"Halt" said one of the grunts as he spots the heroes nearer, "you cannot go through this gate without the use of a SectorGate card key".

RdMarquis
2012-06-04, 02:27 AM
Alastor steps forward, flashing his ID. "We're on official company business, soldier. Please let us through."

Persuasion, just in case it's necessary.

[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 02:34 AM
The grunts aknowledges the TURK uniform.

"I'm sorry sir, even those associated with us cannot pass without a SectorGate key card".

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-04, 02:45 AM
"Then can you tell us if a redheaded man came through here with a blonde woman in the last little while?" Danica asked, "Because he's got something important that we'd like to get back."

Not rolling a deception check, because technically it's not a lie. The girl is 'something', and she is important, just not to Danica beyond punishing the kidnapper.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 02:50 AM
"Someone of that description did pass here ma'am" said the grunt on the right, "He was rude above anything else, even threw his key card at my collegue here and told him to open it. He treated us like we were his slaves"

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-04, 02:54 AM
"That sounds about like him." Danica said, "Why not refuse him, though? It was 2 against 1."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 03:05 AM
"we could have done, ma'am, but we're not paid enough to do that sort of thing".

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-04, 03:36 AM
'Are you paid enough for me not to slice your faces open?' Danica thought, before closing her eyes. "So what you're saying is you're useless to us. Okay." She called out the Planet again. 'I must really be getting on your nerves today, guys...Any way we can get to Sector 6?'

Perception check to speak with the Planet: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 04:18 AM
Danica
talk to the blue-suited man

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-04, 11:09 AM
Tyr glares at the men watching the gate his eyes glowing fiercely at them, "WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES GRUNTS?!?! YOU ARE TAMPERING WITH A SOLDIER INVESTIGATION GIVEN BY HEIDEGGER HIMSELF! How would you like to not be getting paid anymore? I will not have that criminal get away because of two idiots who don't know their place." He pulls out his sword and points it at the man who was talking. "Come to think of it, how do I know that man didn't pay you off do refuse us? Saying no to a SOLDIER and to a Turk is awfully ballsy for someone on your pay-grade knowing that any one of us could make your life incredibly difficult. Now I'm going through this gate, you can be conscious or unconscious while I do so, the choice is yours... He stands there impatiently waiting for an answer, eye's glowing in anger, his sword protruding from his left arm still as a board.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 11:14 AM
"You could attack us, sir, and we wish ww can assist you, but it doesn't change the fact that you'll need a SectorGate key card to slot in the machine, which will open the gate".

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-04, 11:29 AM
"You mean to tell me you two bums don't have access to the very place you guard? That actually makes sense, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw'm. If I find out either of you could have opened the gate, consider yourselves fired... He sheaths his sword and whips out and turns towards the others, "Well that's all I got besides hacking through the gate, and frankly that's a stretch.

Addressing the grunts once more, "You two must hear rumors standing here all day. Are there any other ways into sector 6, danger isn't a factor mind you. This is a time sensitive case, that woman's life is in danger.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 12:02 PM
The grunt on the right thought for a moment, "not that i know of sir", he said, "maybe there's someone here who has a key card that you could use".

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-04, 12:07 PM
Starting to look irritated, "Well, do you have any leads for me or shall I start asking every single person in Sector 7 for a key card? Come on, who were the last couple of people to come through to this side! Or regulars? Give me something to work with!

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-04, 12:11 PM
Need to add the 7 afterwords

Princess Tracy
2012-06-04, 12:12 PM
Gentlemen, may I? With a courteous bow, Blue fiddles with her hand, revealing within her fingers various equipment for interacting with electronics. I believe I could stand to take a swing at this console you speak of. We are in a rush, so I shall try and gauge how long this will take if nothing else.

if permitted, Blue makes her way over to the console and begins tinkering with it.

Master Slicer allows me 2 rolls for improving access on a console.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-04, 12:18 PM
Following Blue closely with his hand on his sword he watches the two grunts closely as Blue does her thing.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 12:19 PM
As the grunts stepped aside for Blue, the one on the left turns to Tyr, "the last ones to enter this gate was that redhead man and a group of suspecious looking men that wore yellow bandanas".

Blue tinkered away at the console and a female voice emitted from it "Access Denied".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-04, 12:29 PM
Blue just about puts a bullet in the console in a fit of anger. No, it's your own stupid fault for getting distracted. Did I lock myself out? I'll try again...

Re-attempted (if possible)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 12:37 PM
Blue continues to tinker away at the console. A female voice emitted from it once again, "Access Denied - System Lockdown"

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-04, 12:47 PM
Danica opened her eyes. "This may sound like a random question, but besides our Turk friend here, has a man dressed in blue come by recently?"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-04, 12:56 PM
I'll lock down YOUR system! Blue nearly screams as she boots the console (as in, with her foot).

Forget this, how bit is this gate anyway? she mutters, pulling out a different toolkit, this time for mechanical parts. Where's the motor on this thing...?

Attempt to tamper with the locks/opening mechanics/whatever else of the gate.

Mechanics [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 01:03 PM
Blue tampers away at the gate for few minutes, however as she does so, the lights around the edges of the gate begin to flash red.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 01:05 PM
Danica opened her eyes. "This may sound like a random question, but besides our Turk friend here, has a man dressed in blue come by recently?"

"No, but this man your talking about may live here in sector 7". As the alarm went off around the gate, the grunts turn to Blue, "i think you should step back now ma'am, the gate won't allow anyone to enter now for a few minutes. Why don't you guys go and find someone with a key card then come back".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-04, 01:33 PM
BLUE backs up, resolute. You will not beat me, gate! She runs head first into it, attempting to break it down with all her might.

Being a machine gives you an odd sense of personification about other machines - as in, BLUE views the gate not opening as an act of defiance and annoyance on par with a taller kid holding your gameboy well out of your reach and repeatedly asking 'you want this back?

Strength Check for a laugh [roll0]'

After falling back from the impact, though feeling a bit calmer now, she scrambles to her feet, producing a potion and imbibing it. She doesn't even look at teh gate, assuming simply taht her stupid gambit had failed.

Potion damage healed [roll1]

My apologies, masters. Part of my prototype AI concerns testing the facets of humanoid emotion contextualised and emulated by a synthetic mindset. To this end, my creator instilled me with an abnormally large rage component, that only becomes effective in the context of other computers. Pay it no heed, though I again apologise for sabotaging the gate and leaving us with no alternative but to seek out someone with an appropriate card. I shall redouble my efforts to aid you in this task and compensate for my lapse in judgement.

Edit: accidentally rolled d20 for damage healed, though I suppose it didn't end up mattering, right?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 01:54 PM
Blue bounces off the gate, dealing [roll0] points of damage.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-04, 02:56 PM
Is that damage to me or the gate?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 03:07 PM
the damage is to you, you didn't even dented the gate lol

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-04, 04:15 PM
"It's okay, BLUE, we'll just have to split up and ask around." Danica said, sighing. This was not how she'd planned this mission going... "Meet back here in one hour. If anything happens, run back here as fast as you can." With that, she turned on her heel and ran off to the houses.

Gather Information check to find someone in blue who can help get a key card: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 04:46 PM
As our heroes search for anyone that could help, Danica knocks on the first house, where a short, bearded man answers. "i don't have a key card, im afraid, i've lived in sector 7 all my life, and i have no need to go anywhere else".

RdMarquis
2012-06-04, 05:04 PM
"Understood." Alastor quickly makes his way back into Sector 7. Neither did I, but I'm not about to complain about it. As far as he was concerned, this was what he should be doing. Someone had to make sure Shinra delivered on its promises to help the people.

Gather Information: [roll0]

Perception: [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 05:09 PM
As Alastor entered the main part of sector 7, he could see the dead bodies of the thugs still scattered the floor. Two people stood near the beginner's hall, dressed in 1970's throwback clothes, and a young man in a blue suit stood near the bar.

Unless you approach someone, Gather Information is pretty useless

Princess Tracy
2012-06-04, 05:29 PM
BLUE follows behind Danica for a bit, fumbling around her pouch. Excuse me, miss. I don't remember catching your name. I have sustained considerable damages throughout the evening, yet lack the know-how to self-repair in a time efficient fashion. And if we are to apprehend Don Corneo and his employees, we can expect another combat situation. Could you perhaps help patch me up? She presents 2 of her remaining potions, and bows deeply.

RdMarquis
2012-06-04, 05:36 PM
"Excuse me." Alastor taps the man on his shoulder. No time for beating around the bush, if this was the person he wanted. He had to ask straight out. "I'm looking for passage into Sector 6. You know where I can get my hands on a key card?"

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 05:47 PM
The man turned to face Alastor. He had short brown hair with grey streaks running through it, just like his neatly trimmed goatee.
"Hello there young man" he said with a small smile, "i do indeed have a card key, weren't you one of those guys who fought against those rogues?"

RdMarquis
2012-06-04, 07:09 PM
"Yes, I was." If he hadn't been sure the man wasn't the only witness, Alastor would have lied to keep a low profile. Here, there was no reason to. Furthermore, whoever the man was, he (apparently) didn't disapprove of Lovett and his companions fighting off the thugs. "I don't mean to be curt. But I'm in something of a hurry. I'd like to buy the keycard from you, if possible."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-04, 07:14 PM
The man shook his head, "money is of no importance to me, i get paid well for what i do. Here you can have it." The man dipped into his pocket and produced a small electronic card, "my name is Goffman, and i'm sure we'll meet again sometime".

He handed Alastor the key card and, before another word was exchanged, walked off at a steady pace.

RdMarquis
2012-06-04, 08:22 PM
"Thank you." The Turk says. Mostly to himself, considering Goffman's hasty departure. With that, he returns to the border between the Sectors to wait for his companions.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-05, 12:53 AM
Danica was a bit surprised to hear BLUE address her, but held her demeanor. She was certain the machine would have gone to Tyr, or even Alastor, before coming to her. She hadn't been intentionally rude or anything, but she had been keeping her distance, wary of machines in general, so that perhaps it would consider someone else it's 'master' for the duration of their time working together. No such luck, apparently.

"It's been kind of hectic since the bar, so I didn't introduce myself..." she started, waving the potions away and pulling out one of her own, "My name's Danica. I'm... Not used to working with machines much... And I'm trained more for people and chocobos, so I don't know if my training will translate well to a machine, but I'll try."

She unstoppered the potion bottle, and not really knowing where to begin, just kind of applied it as usual wherever the wounds were.

Treat Injury: [roll0]
Base amount healed: [roll1]

Princess Tracy
2012-06-05, 06:23 PM
After getting mended up, BLUE bowed again, as she always did. Thank you, master Danica. Do I... unnerve you? If so, I shall follow someone else until we reconvene... With that, BLUE turns away - looking around for the others, but not leaving yet. As she does so, she makes a crude attempt at idle small talk. What division and rank are you, master Danica?

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-05, 08:31 PM
"Yes, a bit, but don't worry about it." Danica replied, "It's a familiarity issue, and not really something you can help." She wiped the remnants of the Potion on her pants before responding to BLUE's second question.

"I'm part of the monster hunting division of the military. It's not really ranked the way SOLDIER is, so I don't really know what my rank is. They just call you and give you a target, and you go hunt it. It's nice, but can be dangerous at times. If the target is particularly good at hiding, they send you with someone who can track well. This was... A mission very much outside my usual job." Not really knowing what else to say, she fell silent for a moment.

"So... What do you do when Kyahaha isn't ordering you around?"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-05, 08:45 PM
Blue's head suddenly stopped it's cursory glance around the street. Not an expressive body, but the moment of inactivity spoke volumes. You know her? What's her name? She immediately thought better of it, trying to play it off. I have to deal with that woman somehow...

I am usually commanded by Shinra's Research and Development team to enter combat situations as a test of my capabilities. However, I am the last of the original prototypes and obsolete among the Neural Interface Droid Program. For this reason I am scarcely deployed in combat situations except in Supreme Master Doctor-King Hojo's more joking moods, in which I sometimes believe he is actively trying to have me destroyed. I spend most of my time powered down on company orders, but I am often allowed to patrol the city, undercover.

Monster hunting sounds hard, especially considering you are made of fleshy-parts that can't be fixed by even the shiniest screw drivers.

There is a grating, electric chortle that sounds out from BLUE, causing her speakers to crackle before she stops. I apologise. I have not refined my Speach Emitter to allow expressions of things other than actual words.

RdMarquis
2012-06-06, 02:45 AM
Alastor shows his prize to the other Shinra operatives when he returns. "I hit a lucky break." He could not keep a slight smile from appearing on his face as he walks over to the grunts. "There's your key card." The Turk does, however, manage to resist passing a sarcastic comment or two about company policy. "If the lockdown's over, we'd like to get through, please."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-06, 02:50 AM
The left grunt took the key card and walked over to the console. After swiping it along the top, the console gave a "beep-beep, Access Granted", and the gate opened in two halfs, allowing our heroes passage.

"There you go, sir" said the grunt, handing back the key card.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-06, 03:58 AM
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r544/Marc_In_Da_Room/Sector6.png

Princess Tracy
2012-06-06, 07:38 AM
Seeing the opening gate, BLUE7 makes her way over to it as if afraid it would nspa shut to spite her, and enters into Sector 6, looking around curiously. Same as ever, really. Decadence, debauchery, and unfortunately the closest place to home in this city that wasn't a containment cell designed for days of being stored in the fetal position. Don Corneo's estate, straight ahead. Shall we? Or, would it be a better idea to ask around for the girl? It couldn't hurt to try, could it? I left some equipment with a contact of mine if we try and sneak in. I'll go ahead and scout it out, but first... If not stopped, Blue splits from the group, declaring she will meet them in the northern part of town just past the next wall, jsut as soon as she gathers her supplies.

Perception [roll0]
if she is confident none of the other agents followed her, she makes off for her 'contact's' den [to the max!] hoping to, among other thinsg, pick up a replacement coat for the one that was destroyed in the bar fight, feeling quite silly walking around sector 6 without one.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-06, 07:47 AM
BLUE begins to walk away from the group, failing to notice a nest of Hedgehog Pies sleeping near the gate.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-06, 07:57 AM
Danica was about to respond to BLUE, but out of the corner of her eye she noticed Alastor get... Something, from a man in blue, and start heading back towards the gate. The pieces clicked, and she rushed with BLUE back to the gate and into Sector 6, dragging Tyr along with them. As BLUE made her departure, Danica spent some time taking in Sector 6. It had been a while since she'd last been here, and though she wasn't loathing the return, her gut told her it wasn't going to be an entirely pleasant trip.

Perception check to spot the Hedgehog Pies: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-06, 08:01 AM
Danica
You see out of the corner of your eye a group of small pink animals sleeping. They have spikes covering their backs.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-07, 01:31 AM
Still slightly upset that he wasn't able to get past the gate on his own. Of course he didn't spend much time looking for someone with a key card, he instead just called contacts in his phone with no luck.

In mid call Danica grabs him and pulls him back to the gate. Not even having a chance to put his phone away he stumbles for a bit until he regains his footing. With her haste he assumed one of them had a key card.

Walking past the grunts he glares angrily at them. He wasn't even mad at them anymore, but did it to keep face. "That was more irritating then expected, lets get this moving!"

Perception: [roll0]

RdMarquis
2012-06-07, 01:37 AM
Alastor tucks the card back into his pocket. "Sykes looked like he was in a big hurry to get away. I'd say our best bet is to make preparations for getting inside the estate. Who's your contact?"

[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-07, 01:54 AM
Alastor
You fail to notice the Hedgehog Pie nest nearby.

Tyr
Out the corner of your eye, you see 5 sleeping creatures of a pink colour and spikes covering their back.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-07, 06:22 PM
BLUE's pace is disturbed somewhat at hearing Alastor's question. Why'd she even have to mention him? A local who doesn't care for my fellow servants of Shinra. Fret not, I shall return soon, masters. With that, she scurries off, dodging any follow up questions as she turns a corner.

Blue goes straight to Max's 'pad', tucked away between a few of the shops and appearing as little more than a scrap metal shack on the outside, intending to grab a change of clothes a get advice for how best to approach the Don. She'll intends to be back in 5 minutes or less.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-07, 06:24 PM
With Blue and Alastor walking off in the direction, having failed to notice the nest of Hedgehog Pies nearby, one of the little critters instantly wakes up and the sound of their footsteps. the screeching emitted from the beast's mouth wakes the others, and they begin to assualt their prey.

Initiative Roll
HP A - [roll0]
HP B - [roll1]
HP C - [roll2]
HP D - [roll3]
HP E - [roll4]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-08, 02:59 AM
The hedgehog pie that woke at the sound of footsteps, immediately assaulted Alastor, producing a large ball of fire energy from its mouth.

Surprise Round
Spellcasting check [roll0]
Fire damage [roll1]
Spent one additional mako point to increase damage

Princess Tracy
2012-06-08, 04:35 AM
Perception check to detect sound of explosion (I'd eyeball it at DC10 at my range and with my cover)
[roll0]

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-08, 04:46 AM
Danica mentally facepalmed as the Hedhehog Pies woke up. Not because BLUE or Alastor could have done much about it, but because she hated the little buggers. But, if they were going to pick a fight, she was going to end it.

(Nope, apparently not. I currently go fourth in the initiative order. On the plus side, their spellcasting skill appears to be low, so her low Magic Defense won't be too much a liability here.)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-08, 07:12 AM
Blue
As you head into Wall Market, you hear a large explosion like a gun shot.

Tyr was furious as the beasts woke up. Having wanting to redeem himself after his failure at the gate situation, he raises his sword ready to strike.

Initiative Roll [roll0]

Princess Tracy
2012-06-08, 10:51 AM
BLUE stops in her tracks, backing up and peering around the corner. Oh, this IS going to be a long night, she remarks as she looks over at the ensuing battle. She unveils her gun-hand once more, and aims.

I don't get to act in the surprise round. Don't suppose I can get the drop on the Hedgehog pies?
Initiative [roll0]

Stealth roll to keep hiden behind cover and out of the fight until my turn comes around [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-08, 11:16 AM
Blue
Blue hides behind the large cat slide, waiting for the right time to act.

Initiative order
HP E
HP B
Alastor
HP C
Danica
HP A
Blue
Tyr
HP D

Princess Tracy
2012-06-08, 02:03 PM
On her turn, BLUE swings up atop the cat slide, shoots Hedgehog Pie B in the face with her handgunhand, and ducks back down again.
Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
I don't knwo if Point-Blank Shot applies or not. If so, +1 attack and damage.

RdMarquis
2012-06-08, 02:35 PM
Although he doesn't notice the Hedgehog Pie, the fireball is more than obvious to Alastor. He drops to one knee, ducking away from the blast. "Vermin. As if we didn't have enough problems."

Reflex: [roll0]

Princess Tracy
2012-06-08, 03:17 PM
OOC: That's not how reflex works. You don't roll for it, and I think that was against your magic defence anyway. The silly thing rolled a 9, so you're probably safe. Though, you should roll initiative

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-08, 04:02 PM
The Hedgehog Pie at the back of the group bounces towards Danica and releases a ball of fire from its mouth.

Fire damage [roll1]
Spends two additional mako points to increase damage.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-08, 04:10 PM
The pink beast next to its leader turns to face Danica as well and breathes a ball of fire in her directon.

Fire damage [roll1]

Princess Tracy
2012-06-09, 06:30 PM
Okay, so ignoring last idea, take this as what i do on my turn.

Blue moves towards the fray, though trying to keep out of range of enemy attacks. She spends her action moving towards the weird pink things (the ones that aren't the humans) to get within maximum effective range of her pistol.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-10, 04:26 AM
Danica easily avoided one fire spell, but in her haste she ended up dodging right into a second. 'Ugh, those jerks. This is why I hate these things.'

Noting that she was too close to one for her liking, she threw her shuriken before backing away,

This is hard to do without a grid, but I don't have enough information to make an accurate one... Anyway, she's attacking Hedge Pie B and then moving 6 squares in whichever direction will put the most distance between her and the Hedge Pies.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-10, 04:35 AM
Danica's prey felt the full wrath of her shuriken as it bounced backwards, hitting the gate in the process.

give me a few hours anda grid will be up.

The hedgehog pie closest to the gate bounced towards Tyr and hits him with a bodyblow

Hedgehog Pie A attacks Tyr [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-10, 11:40 AM
Easily Tyr dodges the attack against him. Seeing the severity of the hog pies fire attacks he wants to finish this quick. He starts swinging his sword over his head and with loud shout he unleashes energy out in all directions targeting the hog pies.

Apocalypse!!!! All enemies withing 8 squares, if there is one 9 squares away Try will take a 5ft step.

Spell-casting: [roll0]
edit: awes yeah :smallamused:

Princess Tracy
2012-06-10, 12:26 PM
Blue makes to poke her head out form cover, but is shocked by the intensity from teh sudden explosion. She waits a split second for teh dust to clear, only hoping that the enemies - and only the enemies - were all dead after that. That sort of attack would rip ME in half...

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-10, 12:32 PM
As the the dust cleared, only our heroes stood, victorious, in their glorious defeat of those annoying pests.

What do our heroes do now?

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-10, 01:06 PM
Danica caught her shuriken just as Tyr's explosion went off, managing to shield her eyes from the flash just in time. She blinked a few times to clear the after-image from her eyes, and was greeted by the sight of dead Hedgehog Pies and one triumphant SOLDIER. Quite unlike her usual self, she giggled for a few seconds, then stopped abruptly. 'Excuse me, body, but what the hell was that?' she scolded herself, 'I laugh, I don't giggle. Giggling is for schoolgirls.'

"I guess that's that, then..." she said out loud, "If BLUE's heading for her contact, I'm going to go... I'd offer to go try tracking down Sykes, but that's not really something I'm any good at... Unless... If he went straight to Fat Bastard's mansion with the girl, I can get in, no problem. The only sticking point is that she may not be a potential 'bride', so she may not be waiting in the usual spot, and knowing how that place works... I wouldn't be allowed to come out for a while if that's the case."

She mulled it over a bit, but stayed silent. It was the best chance of getting the girl back quickly, but also the one that posed the biggest danger, for both her and the girl. And there was no guarantee that she'd be able to contact them if something went wrong, nor any guarantee she'd be able to make it out without one of them dying in the process. Sure, she could tell the girl to run, but this was Wall Market, and the Don had lackeys everywhere, and she would probably be caught again in minutes if Tyr and the others weren't there to protect her. It didn't look like a good situation unless she looked at it from a totally reckless standpoint. '... Crap.'

Princess Tracy
2012-06-10, 01:09 PM
Blue does a little dance, twirling her whole body as she puts away her weapons, giving a final flair with a jab of her hip and a peace sign. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk) She then feels somewhat silly, having not actually done anything.

S-SOLDIERSs are amazing. Even if those things weren't that strong... no, that he can just GO OFF like that... such a terrifying man. She pokes her head out from her cover. A-Ah, masters you seem to have not needed my assistance. Um... I'll go run that errand then! With taht, she runs off to find Max as fast as her feet will take her, lest a wasp should descend upon them and Tyr respond with a tactical nuclear strike.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-11, 10:45 AM
Breathing heavily he sheaths his sword with no victory dance, that attack always takes a lot out of him. "Again with the 'masters' huh? You know I'm gonna start calling you toaster." He lets out a laugh followed by a look of concern, She's not going to take offense to that I hope.

Addressing Danica's idea shaking his head... "I don't like it. I'd rather bust in there together then send you in alone. Lets ask around and make sure the mansion is in fact where Sykes took the girl until BLUE gets back from her contact. If she's in there we'll get her out, but without backing you into a corner."

Princess Tracy
2012-06-11, 04:32 PM
Blue grinds to a half in front of Max's shack. She bangs on the door. "Open up, stupid! I need a change of clothes. And possibly advice. Either way, I'm not going into Corneo's mansion butt-naked."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-11, 04:39 PM
The door creeked open slowly and a head peeped around the corner. Max's face was thin with unkept hair. He looked like he could throw daggers.

"Who ya callin' stu-" he stopped in his speech, "Blue? It's bin a while. What ya doin' botherin me this time?"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-11, 05:23 PM
OOC: I forgot to mention, Max talks in cockey. Sorry, I know that's an annoying thing to remember, you don't need to do it. Also, he knows Blue's name.

Blue fiddles with her speech emitter to talk at double her average speed, spewing out her world much like water from a geyser. "Company business. Kind of. I need a few things from you. One, I need a change of clothes - anything you've got. You better not have pawned off the spare coat I left here to buy parts again! Two, if you know how to get into Corneo's mansion and retrieve one of his wives, speak up. And three, do you know what a Cetra is? I hope YOU'RE not one, because I've been ordered to kill you otherwise. I'd love to hang around and think about how to midify myself to dirnk tea, but I'm on the clock."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-11, 05:36 PM
Max looked at her with a puzzled look.

"Ok, now ya just lost me" he said, opening the door wider to allow Blue in, "Start from the top and don't mix ya words up".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-11, 05:40 PM
Blue entered, angrily shaking for a moment before resigning herself to taking more than a minute in this task.

"Okay, a lot has happened tonight. Someone found my body and ordered me to kill a Cetra, but I don't know what that is. While investigating some Shinra agents who were themselves investigating the Cetra, I ended up in a barfight and tore my clothes. AND a girl got kidnapped by the Don's goons and we've decided to help her. So, can you help at all? if not, can you at least give me something to wear over ttiis hideous old metallic shell and tell me anything you know about the Cetra?"

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-11, 05:51 PM
"Wow" said Max; his eyebrows raised in shock, "You do know how to keep yourself busy".

He thought for a moment, "The Cetra ya say? Nah, no nuttin' bout 'em mate. If ya need clothes, go look in me ex-wife's wardrobe, and ya know what i mean when i say ex-wife".

He gave a small wink to Blue.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-11, 06:01 PM
Blue sighed. Yeah, I ge you She made her way over to the wardrobe, diging around nonetheless. Sorry, like I said, a lot has happened, and I'm in a foul mood. You're pretty much on the same wavelength as the Don, so I don't suppose you have any ideas of how to extract on of HIS brides, do you? A secret passage? A contact in his mob? A favour to call in? A... She paused, her thoughts completely unreadable as her body simply stopped altogether. A disguise to sneak in? The idea held an odd sway with her...

Princess Tracy
2012-06-11, 06:36 PM
Blue starts rifling through the possessions of Max's 'ex-wife', gathering up anything that looked vaguely useful. Yes, yes... Max, what does a raging womaniser look for in a... partner? I'm gonna try sneaking in. I may need a mask or something, I wonder if there's one in town... How's this? i don't have olfactory senses. She sprays random perfume. Yes, disguise... look pretty for once...

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-12, 01:41 PM
Max was at his computer while Blue was moseying through the wardrobe.

Use Computer check to hack in Don Corneo's Mansion's security systems [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-12, 01:46 PM
"According to this" Max said, nodding towards his computer, "The windows and doors are not alarmed up. However, seein' as the don is infamous around these parts, it would be very surprising to not have the doors and hallways patrolled, 'specially after what happen'd 'bout half hour ago".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-12, 03:13 PM
Hmm? What happened, like? Anything I could exploit? BLUE finishes pulling on whatever she could get her hands on, making a note to improvise a mask of some sort. That done, she turns to Max, now wearing an overlarge straw sunhat she couldn't imagine anyone in the city getting use out of (but whose overhang did well to hide her face), a knee-length sky blue dress over a long sleeved top, thick gloves, high heels (that she immediately regrets putting on as she simply can't balance her immense weight on them even when standing still) and long leg warmers - complete with a scarf wrapped around the lower half of her face. Cheap perfume covers the scent of her motor oil well enough, but it's clear she never had tiem to sit down and study the complexities of fashion. Rather, her intention seemed to be to hide every inch of robotic flesh one could be expected to reveal in polite conversation, save for her face. How do I look? she asks.
Deception check to see how well I disguised myself as a regular girl - I won't look, just tell me how well Blue THINKS she did. If we have time, I could do teh silly Cloud thing where I go around town completing goofy and weird-undertone tasks to find supplies for my disguise, in particular soem sort of mask. Right now she hasn't even applies makeup, though it probably wouldn't stick to her metal face anyway.
[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-12, 03:40 PM
"Some div dressed up as a bird and snuck in the mansion", Max looked around at Blue, "and you look like a wet dog".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-12, 03:55 PM
BLUE shakes angrily. Well... you look like **** yourself! And with that she makes to storm out of the house, stopping at the door. Shinra's around here, keep your head down, she says more dutifully.

She turns back to face him, speaking next both to take cheap jabs (which would come across as friendly teasing were she in a better mood) and to grudgingly elicit assitance. You're pretty femmy yourself, when you don't let yourself go, with the excuse of 'blending in'. How would YOU improve my disguise? Do squat thrusts with the wrestlers so they give me a blond wig?
lol, reference

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-12, 04:09 PM
"Nah" said Max, not looking up from his computer (now searching for porn), "Just don't dress up as woman, as security will now involve heavy body searchin'".

He started laughing at something he found on the World Wide Network before turning around to Blue.

"But i'm bein' serious now, look after yerself".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-12, 04:35 PM
What? I think this is nice.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-12, 04:44 PM
"I didn't say that, i jus' said if you want to get into the don's house, don't bother with a disguise".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-12, 05:49 PM
Hmph. Maybe I just want to look pretty. You must really not get girls. With that, she attempted to strut out the door dismissively, only to slightly overbalance her highly concentrated mass, her high heel to break, and her face implanted upon the ground. Ow. I meant to do that.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-13, 11:34 AM
Hey, I'll give you a hundred gil if you can make something that allows me to taste alcohol, Blue seems to bet with Max as she leaves. That, or we'll go drinking together, your treat..

BLUE goes looking for the other Shinra agents, now looking somewhat ridiculous in a mismatches getup of hats, dresses, shirts and indeed broken high heels, only her eyes not hidden by a scarf (and some of the rest of her body uinder the dress if someone caught her walking up some stairs, since she just assumed no one would look). Hello, masters? I may have a plan... she mutters, feeling fairly unsure of herself on this seedy, old street even in her conservative yet colourful getup. Maybe we could buy some explosives around here... no, we might kill the girl if I co allout demolishing teh building. Perhaps tactical noise diversion by way of small scale explosives. Perhaps teh don is a reasonable enough man to bargain? Max said I'd be searched, and there's really know way of hiding the fact that I am an android. Unless I got VERY sneaky. or bribed them. What's the standard bribe, again... she thinks, trying to distract herself until she finds the group again.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-13, 11:59 AM
"Yur on, come back a bit later and i'll 'ave summit"

RdMarquis
2012-06-13, 09:20 PM
"All set, there?" For politeness' sake, Alastor decided against passing comment on BLUE's outfit. "Now..." He watched the sector's people pass by as he voiced his thoughts out loud. "Infiltrating the estate is probably our best bet. Have a look around and case the joint. Those of us not...properly equipped to have the interest of the Don can get in through the least secure entrance." He tugged at a glove. "A frontal assault would be too noisy and dangerous. Leaves too many loose ends, as well. Not to mention, we're technically not following orders here. If news got out that we forgot the mission and attacked a crime lord, we'd be in trouble." The Turk moved his eyes from the parade of humanity to his companions. "Your thoughts?"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-14, 04:02 AM
Blue shook her head. Sorry, master, but according to my contact a recent infiltration by way of appealing to the Don's tastes has caused them to up the security - even the girls will be checked. So perhaps one of you could slip in, but I, with my mechanical body, no matter how good my disguise, would be found out as soon as someone pressed against me hard enough. Unless... I don't think that girl that was kidnapped was searched, do you? One of us could pretend to be captured - we'd end up in the same place as that girl with any luck. if we found Sykes again... with my hidden weapons in my body, I would be the ideal candidate to be 'captured', but they would notice, surely, that I'm not human. WAIT, I have it. Masters, if you could pretend to be the Don's henchmen, you could pass me or another candidate off as a perfectly normal victim and smuggle me (or them, or both) into the mansion! She stops a second, suddenly aware of how excited she had become at her own idea. But, perhaps that is too risky... we would have to gather disguises, probably knock out a few guards ourselves to replace... I'm sorry, it's a silly idea... Masters. The last word seems oddly strained.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-14, 10:17 AM
"I think it would be wise to infiltrate, but not as his subordinates. I will take Danica as my prisoner for sale, and Alastor you take the Toaster as yours. We go in separately demanding payment before letting the ladies leave our sight. Once we're all in, we wreck havoc until we get the girl and hopefully some answers. And then I'm gonna smash his teeth in. Danica, I can hold on to your weapons until we're in." Looking anxious on getting a move on, he waits impatiently for their response.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-14, 11:06 AM
Toaster? BLUE looks at the ground, her over-large brimmed straw hat almost slipping clean off her head. I'm a toaster now? It is perhaps more respectful than my Grand Master's address to me ('Babe'). She perks up again. I'm ready to go when you are, though you may need to use bindings to at least hide my head, my lack of hair or a face a giveaway, unless the Don wishes for a robot 'bride'. As long as the motor in front of the gun-barrel is not impeded, I can escape easily enough no matter what position I am in. BLUE7 idly starts pacing over to the mansion. How shall we do this then? In what condition need we be to be convincing captives? Is there a screening process? Perhaps one of the men had best scout it out, by claiming he has a woman to offer and seeing what they say. I could set explosives to cover our escape, hough I'll need supplies.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-14, 11:30 AM
Tyr laughs, "As long as you keep addressing me as master, I'm calling you toaster!" He thinks for a moment, "Maybe we should just go with the "love robot" thing. Might be hard passing you as a normal human. So I could go in with Danica as my prisoner, and Alaster could be a sales rep for... well, you. Wouldn't need to be tied up either, just compliant."

Princess Tracy
2012-06-14, 11:45 AM
I can do that, Master, Blue nods.

Tell them I'm a 'love droid' you hacked - data indicates that captured and reprogrammed luxury devices like that from the Shinra company fetch a fair price on the black market. Shall we, then? BLUE makes to head over there, walking slowly to see if she is followed.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-14, 12:44 PM
Tyr gladly follows, smirking as she calls him master yet again Toaster...

Princess Tracy
2012-06-14, 03:34 PM
Come, come, Blue beckons to her masters, skipping forward in a sudden childishness as she heads straight for the mansion, keeping her eyes open for supplies to break in.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-14, 10:47 PM
Danica just listened to the conversation, highly amused at both BLUE's excitement and Tyr calling BLUE 'Toaster'. She didn't say anything, though, until the plan was decided. "Let's go, then." she said bluntly, walking next to Tyr, still amused at BLUE's attitude, "I only have this shuriken, and I'm not very good in close-quarters combat, so get it back to me quickly if we hit trouble." She passed her shuriken to him, somehow feeling somewhat naked without it, and the thought made a realisation hit her, and she immediately stopped walking.

"Wait. We can't carry out the plan as-is, we're still in uniform. Even if Horny Bastard is somewhat connected to Shinra, there's no way he'd be dumb enough to believe a member of SOLDIER is selling other Shinra employees, much less a Turk selling 'love droids'. We need to change into regular clothes..." Her voice trailed off at the end. 'This... Seems like a bad idea...'

Princess Tracy
2012-06-15, 04:46 AM
'Regular clothes', Master? I can handle that, Blue declares before dashing off in her multicolour ensemble before anyone can stop her - being courteous enough to not delay anyone too much.

A couple of minutes pass until she returns, apparently never having stopped running, carrying a 'sexy bee' outfit complete with thorax. I looked around and it seems clothing is pretty sparse, but one of the nice ladies at the Honeybee Inn lent me her uniform. Isn't that great? she innocently asks as she shoves it into Danica's hands. They also said there's a dress shop around here, but someone already used that for their disguise, so they might be expecting it, she evaluates with the strategic know-how of a great general. A very, very stupid great general who knows nothing of what the Honeybee Inn actually is.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-15, 05:20 AM
Oh, and... here. She slowly passes her sword, sheathed, to her masters as they approach the mansion. I'll expect that back. I'm optimally built for its use.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-15, 07:19 AM
As our heroes approach Don Corneo's manion, they can see three thugs guarding the entrance; armed to the teeth with rifles and explosives. They seem to be talking amongst themselves.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-15, 02:47 PM
Tyr approaches slowly yet confidently giving Danaca a little push when they get closer. "I think I have something the Don might be interested in purchasing. I would like to set up an appointment." He keeps walking towards them as close as he can get, stopping right in front of them unless they tell him to stop.

We aren't all going there in one big group, right?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-15, 02:58 PM
The guards looked at the two that stood in front of them. The one in the middle started chuckling before speaking, "The Don is not interested in a bride anytime soon pal" he said confidently, "in fact, he's not even in residence. The Don has taken an extended vacation to the western continent after the embarassing situation that happened earlier".

Alastor and Blue can wait out of view behind a pile of scrap metal if they choose to.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-15, 04:34 PM
What!? Blue whispers harshly. BUT then who was... Sykes... working for? He can't have... what? She makes to unfold her gun-arm. They will pay for their lies!, she declares, though has little intention of acting on those words as she hangs back behind cover.

She stops for a moment, for what would be a deep breath if she had lungs (her speech emitter even simulating such an inhalation). Wait. Does that mean he took the 'bride' with him? Were those men's scurry with me a more violent expression of one gathering their luggage before a big trip? She stomps, throwing up her hands in inspirationyet her voice drops to being quiet and her speech doubles in speed to the point few can understand her - her words clearly for her own benefit. She is either with Sykes, another Don entirely, or in the West continent! Of course! Wait, none of those options are particularly favourable. Well, if the Don isn't in there he'll have brought an entourage and left a housekeeping party, making it easier to break in there in case of the event that she's still being held captive in the mansion. We just need soem way of confirming if he took her or not. Or of tracking Sykes...

She perks up again, addressing Alastor. What's the fastest, safest route a wealthy and morally reprehensible man would take out of this city and to the western continent? She stands tall, proud of her analysis. The reason they were so desperate to capture her quickly is because it was the last window of opportunity they had - flustered, the Don must have searched for a last expression of vile entertainment, as a child might be bought a handheld toy as a parting gift for a trip to keep them amused throughout their journey. There is the possibility the girl is with him, a distinct one at that! Either that or Sykes' abduction orders were invalidates mid-mission and he has taken the girl for himself as consolance for his lost employment!

She gives her little post battle victory twirl as if having conquered the beast taht is mystery before remembering herself and giving a bow. I-I apologise for being excitable, Master. A g-glitch in my emotion circuits surely, quite an early prototype...please don't throw me in a scrap heap...

RdMarquis
2012-06-15, 07:27 PM
Alastor opens his mouth to respond to BLUE. His expression freezes on his face as she launches into a long, loud speech. The Turk winces. "What say we look for some answers to those questions?" He glances at the mansion. "Breaking in, whether by force or stealth, is looking like a much better idea. Of Corneo is gone, the bulk of his security is probably with him. We can, ah, ask if the girl has gone to the Western Continent as well."

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-15, 07:30 PM
"Surely Sykes hasn't left yet. May I speak with him? I'm sure he'd be happy to make the purchase for this one on his boss's behalf. I mean come on... Just look at her!" Tyr eagerly awaits a positive response.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-15, 11:13 PM
"i have to admit" the guard says, staring at Danica pevertedly, "she is a damn goddun. If you know Sykes, then maybe you know what else is going down". The guards step aside to allow Tyr and Danica in.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-16, 12:21 AM
"I am aware, thank you my good sir." As he walks past them, giving Danaca another push for appearances, he calls back at the guards, "He bring the other one in already and was it that pleasure bot he was looking for? Couldn't for the life of me find one! But I got my best guy working on it, and he doesn't mess around. That Don sure has strange tastes, must be nice to be loaded! Am I right fellas?" He lets out a laugh and continues to walk casually into the mansion.

When they out of sight he texts Alastor, Act like Sykes is expecting you. ;)

Princess Tracy
2012-06-16, 08:40 AM
Blue makes a motion as if cracking her neck as humans do, but of course a futile gesture with her body - she just bobs from side to side comically instead with, perhaps a slight screeching of metal. Alright, let's see, poker face, she mutters. Well, I'm a 'hacked droid', so I don't really have to be bound one supposes. She steps forward with Alastor in tow, though makes sure to not drag him when in the guardsmen's line of sight.

She bows deeply at them. I have been purchased for lewd entertainment, she drones in a mindless yet enticing way Hojo had expected and trained of her. I am eager to begin my work under my new master, if you allow me in.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-16, 11:19 AM
The guards looked Blue up and down, their eyes raised in disbelief.

"Sykes didn't tell us anything about this", said the one on the right, "excuse us while we confirm it".

The guard gets his cellphone out and begins dialing a number before putting it up to his ear.

"Sykes, its us outside, did you or Mr. G arrange any sort of entertainment to come in? Yeah she sais its Lewd entertainment, i don't know, she has a funny voice".

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-16, 02:04 PM
Tyr and Danica
As you enter the mansion, you stand in a vast hallway. A grand staircase lies directly ahead of you, leading to the upper floor, which consists of a large door directly at the top of the stairs and two doors along either side of it. The ground floor contains nothing out of the ordinary, except a marble statue of Don Corneo on the right-hand side.

RdMarquis
2012-06-17, 12:34 AM
Alastor didn't have a disguise kit or change of clothes handy. He had settled for hiding his tie, suit jacket, and shoulder holster among his other equipment. At the very least, he wouldn't be announcing his membership in the Turks. Lovett attempts to act casual as the guard calls for confirmation. He texts a reply to Tyr.

He's not buying it. Recommend we back off if this doesn't work. Text every 2 minutes or to call for backup.

The Shinra operative appears to have his attention focused on his phone. But out of the corner of his eye, Alastor is watching the guard intently and listening to his every word. It wouldn't be a disaster if he and BLUE were simply turned away. But they could not afford to allow Sykes to find out their team was sneaking into the mansion. The moment the guard did something hostile, Lovett would move to silence him.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-17, 01:14 AM
Reading Alastor's message Tyr sighs and responds Yeah, that might be a good idea, stay close though... Putting his phone away, "Damn, looks like we're alone. Here take this back. Sykes is gonna know we ain't friendly anyways, might as well be prepared. Might wanna get out of the ridiculous outfit too haha." He gives her back her shuriken and motions towards the grotesque statue to change behind before moving on.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-17, 02:05 PM
Danica played her part, blushing at the right time, and giving the right looks, until they were in the mansion. She gladly took her shuriken back from Tyr, and waited patiently while he changed. "That dimwit doesn't frighten me. I'd have sliced his throat open if he hadn't run like a chicken." Danica said, twirling her shuriken happily, "Those pink balloon monsters at the entrance gave me more trouble than he did." She waited until Tyr was finished changing before removing her dress and donning her armour again. "And if that guy at the entrance looks at me that way again, I'll take his eyes as a souvenir of this little field trip." She sighed and pinned her hair back up. "I guess if we're on our own for the time being, we might as well look around a bit. And be sneaky about it, if you can."

Danica ascended the stairs as quietly as possible, keeping an eye and ear out for any flunkies that might still be in the mansion, before sneaking over to the right-side door and sneaking a peek inside.

She'd stop climbing the stairs to fight (and render the last bit of the paragraph moot) if she hears or sees anyone coming. If she makes it to the door, she'll open it a crack if she has to in order to see inside.

Stealth check to climb the stairs: [roll0]
Perception check to see/hear if anyone's coming: [roll1]
Stealth to cross to the door unheard: [roll2]
Perception check to see/hear what's in the room: [roll3]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-17, 04:04 PM
Danica
You creep up thestairs with no trouble, and seeing nothing in view, in fact, the landing looks completely deserted.

As you peek into the room, you see what looks like a squatter's den, with newspapers and beer cans scattering the floor, and a tv, which shows the Shinra news being broadcasted.

You also see three treasure chests; one along the reer wall, one next to the tv, and one next to door.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-17, 06:58 PM
Blue raises her gloved hand in front of the guard's faces, interrupting their call as she makes an odd gesture and flicks it to the side. You don't need to see our identification. I'm not the droid you're looking for.

Persuasion [roll0]

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-17, 11:04 PM
Danica, not seeing or hearing anything to indicate a person is still in the room, pushes the door all the way open, until she has a full view of the room. The treasure chests were the main things to note, but the room looked recently used, if only because the television was still on. She stepped cautiously into the room, avoiding the cans and trying not to make too much noise. The hair on the back of her neck was prickling a bit, and her eyes were constantly shifting around the room as she tip-toed her way across to the nearest chest. After a double check to make sure there was no one else in the room, she checked the chest for traps and locks.

Stealth check to avoid kicking beer cans around the room: [roll0]
Perception check to spot any movement or potential threat as she moves and checks the treasure chest: [roll1]
Perception check to spot anything that might hinder her safely opening the chest: [roll2]

Note that "anything that might hinder her safely opening the chest" only refers to things like locks, traps noticeable from the outside, or wires running to an alarm or something. She obviously won't notice a trap contained entirely inside the chest. (I only note because while it seems obvious, I've had someone at my D&D table argue that a Search check should cover things that can't actually be searched for, such as things inside the chest they were about to open before they'd opened it. Yes, I have played with some very silly people.)

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-17, 11:50 PM
With stealth being pretty low on his skill set, Tyr lets Danaca do her thing and keeps watch outside the door. He peeks in to see if he can't spot anything from where he's at, but then quickly resumes his watch.
Perception (on watch): [roll0]
Perception (looking in the room): [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-17, 11:56 PM
Blue
The guards began wetting themselves with laughter at what you had said.

"Where did you get that from, a movie or summit?" said the guard in the middle.

The guard on the right continued to speak on the phone, "She's also funny as well, Sykes...yep i'll let her know right now...yep okay sir", the guard puts his phone down, "You may enter miss".

The guards parted to allow blue to enter the mansion without no further problems.

Danica
You enter the room without making a single bit of noise.you open each chest in turn.

*RECEIVED 620 GIL*
*RECEIVED ELIXIR*
*RECEIVED DEMI MATERIA*

Out of the corner of your eye, you see a leflet. Upon further examination, you read the following:

CLOSE PROTECTION AND SECURITY SERVICE
Call Mr. Grey on 050-155-0556
Duties Include:

Personal Bodyguard
Surveillance and round-the-clock home protection
Shadow Following

Tyr
You can see the room littered with newspapers and beer cans. Outside, there is no movement for a short while until the front door suddenly opens and Blue makes her way inside.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-18, 12:18 AM
Danica pockets the items from the chests, but when she reads the leaflet, she felt her stomach turn to lead. 'This... Can't be good.' she thought, 'I've never heard of shadow stalking, but if it's what I think it is...' She turned and made a dash for the door, no longer caring about being sneaky. If this.. Mr. Grey was here, and could do what she thought he could, it didn't matter whether they were quiet or not.

"Tyr, we may in trouble, and need to group up." she said, shoving the pamphlet into his hands as she passed him and headed back to the main floor.

Spyder_Cel
2012-06-18, 12:40 AM
He looks at her with a puzzled look on his face. "What's got you all spooked? Hang on..." He pulls out his phone and texts Alastor, Hey, Danaca is getting worried. If they aren't letting you in, bust in. She wants to group back up ASAP. Putting his phone away he looks at her, this time a little more concerned. "I told them to get in here by any means necessary. Those two guards wouldn't take them very long to get past. I'd say we keep going, back up is just a few steps behind. We'll be fine."

With that he takes the lead to inspect the next door with his sword out.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-18, 10:34 AM
Ah, thank you good sir. BLUE gives a tip of her hat and pushes her way into the mansion, beckoning Alastor to follow. He's my pimp, she explains on a whim, not really knowing what that was except that they're generally in charge of this sort of thing.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-18, 11:05 AM
Blue gives a cursory glance of the inside, looking for her team. Even though she was apparently let in, she won't trust the guards so much to completely ignore them.
Perception [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-18, 11:08 AM
Blue
The guards return to talking amongst themselves without a second glance back at you.

RdMarquis
2012-06-18, 08:49 PM
Considering he didn't know how a peddler of lewd entertainment should conduct himself, Alastor simply tried to look intimidating and in charge. As if he would go through anyone who tried to stop him on his way inside the mansion. Which was basically the truth. When they were safely out of sight of the guards, he dropped the demeanor with a sigh. "Well, that was a regrettable experience," he muttered.

Forgetting his exasperation as well, he tapped BLUE on the shoulder. Alastor began moving on tiptoe around the corner. When it seemed that they were hidden, the Turk sent another text. We're in. Near first floor entrance. Don't know if Sykes is actually expecting us.

[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 05:08 AM
Alastor
You move so quietly that no one could hear you from a great distance.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 05:45 AM
BLUE couldn't exactly feel Alastor's prodding on her chassis, but she did notice her camera-eyes shift slightly when she was touched, and turns to see him. She nods, acknowledging his presence. She stands for a second, wondering how to communicate silently and wishing she had a phone. Next upgrade; be able to send text messages with my brain. Mimicking her accomplice's stealth, she tries to hide herself somewhat, though not seeming particularly married to the idea, owing to her entrance being on friendly terms.

stealth [roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 05:57 AM
Blue
Your heavy footsteps doesn't alarm any unwanted attention, however you are heard by Danica, who is on the next floor above.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 08:32 AM
Blue tries waving at Danica to get her attention. Now, I wonder if we can just ASK someone where the girl is. Wish I'd bought explosives; if we leave this house a burning wreck when we leave it, they'll have better things to do than chase us. I wonder if major, unlicensed demolition might get us in trouble - surely Shinra would be opposed to destruction of key sections of the slums? BLUE steps further into the foyer, making to explore the first floor, looking for a basement where a kidnapped girl might be stored.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll]1d20+7[/toll]

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 10:27 AM
Messed up Perception roll
[roll0]

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-19, 11:14 AM
Danica heard BLUE on the lower level, and turned immediately, relieved to see Alastor with her. "Good, you're in. We may have a problem." she called down to them, "I found a pamphlet for a home security person. I don't know for sure, but it's possible the Don hired him and we're being watched and led into a trap. So be careful. It's been very quiet in here, and we haven't seen or heard anyone else yet, but that only makes me feel more uneasy. Keep looking around, but be careful."

Having relayed her information to everyone, Danica nodded, and turned to look at the other doors on the balcony. 'The big one probably goes to Horny Bastard's room, but the other one...' Still making no attempt to be stealthy, she cross the balcony, still watching and listening for anyone that wasn't them. When she reached the door, she readied her shuriken, then pushed it open, making a loud BANG as the door hit the wall. She then pressed her back to the wall next to the open door, and listened for anyone coming from inside.

Perception check while crossing the balcony: [roll0]
Perception check to hear anything in the room: [roll1]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 11:24 AM
Blue
on the ground floor, all you can see is a grand staircase leading to the upperfloor and a marble statue of Don Corneo to the right of the staircase.

Danica
You walk along the balcony without a single sound being detected. When you reach the door on the left, you can hear faint wimpering and a man trying to calm her down.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-19, 11:55 AM
Danica relaxed a bit. 'Okay, at least she's not being beaten or worse...' She motioned to the others to come over to the door, but put her fingers to her lips to signal to be quiet. She turned to face the doorway, and descended the stairs. About halfway down, she called out, "Hello? Are you okay down there?" Her voice was gentle, but her shuriken was still in her hand. "Are you hurt?"

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 12:19 PM
As Danica approached the bottom, a young man's voice calls out.

"Who's there? Please, don't hurt us, we haven't done anything wrong".

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-19, 12:40 PM
"I won't hurt you without a good reason to." Danica called back, "I came here to save someone who was kidnapped. If you're not hurt or restrained, come to the bottom of the stairs. I have a weapon with me, but it's only in case I need to defend myself. If you don't try to attack me, I have no reason to use it."

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 12:45 PM
The young man darted to the bottom of the stairs. His clothes were badly ripped and stained, and his face was covered in dirt. His unkept hair showed signs of forceful capture.

"Please, can you help us" he said, in a panic tone of voice, "w-w-we, me and the girl, we've been taken capture".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 12:48 PM
BLUE pulls herself from thoughts of casing the statue of Corneo for anything valuable (upgrade parts aren't free you know) and follows Danica's beckons. She keeps in eye on the front door of the mansion as she climbs the steps, and half-unveils her gun as she joins Danica by her side, wary of any guards inside or outside the manor.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 01:17 PM
Blue looks down at the captured man, eyeing him. She turns to Danica, contemplating the situation. She retracts her gun, descending the stairs. Cover me, she instructs. Hey, if there's a girl down there, speak up. Where'd they take you from?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 01:24 PM
Thr girl continued to stay were she was, sobbing and scared of what's happening. The man looked at Blue for a second before speaking.

"I was in sector 7 when a group of rough guys came up to me and carried me here. All i was doing was standing around and admiring the pillar structure".

""

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 01:32 PM
Corneo's men, I presume? Blue enquires. Then again, what would they need of a man... unless the Don or Sykes like to keep their options open. Either way something isn't sitting with me right, she thinks to herself. She heads over to where seh hears the girl crying, excusing herself. Hang on, man. I think oru lady at the top of the stairs is trained in first aid. I'm going to check this one - I'm no doctor, but... She crouches down next to the girl, as close as she can get while still getting some light on herself. She tips her hat back, revealing her robotic face. Hey, do you remember me from the bar? if so, I'm sorry I couldn't save you back then... Do you need help? Are you hurt?

Perception check to see in the dark if it's the same girl or not.
[roll0]

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 01:41 PM
Blue
the girl is the same one from th bar.

The girl raised her sunkened head and looked at Blue. She nodded in silence, still shaken from the whole situation.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 01:42 PM
Blue
the girl is the same one from th bar.

The girl raised her sunkened head and looked at Blue. She nodded in silence, still shaken from the whole situation.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 02:14 PM
Blue outstretches her hand to the girl. By way of apology, how I about I get you out of here. Got a name?

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 02:16 PM
Certainly not posting to get my previous post to show, no sir.

I'll protect you now.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 02:22 PM
The girl raisedba hand to Blue, looking at her with an obvious cry for help.

"Stacey Stenzil, m-m-miss".

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 02:30 PM
Can you walk? Before giving her a chance to answer, Blue takes her hand and uses her leverage to scoop the girl up and cary her like a groom might arry his bride, holding Stacey still in her arms.

She whispers,
My name's Mex. Don't tell these guys.

She heads off towards the stairs. Let's get you two some air, shall we?

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 03:00 PM
Blue climbs the stairs with the girl in her arms, greeting Danica. Hey, we may need medical attemtion. Care to help? It seems safe enough, these two.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 03:06 PM
Stacey looks into Blue's face, and a small smile appeared on her face. She gave Blue a courtesy nod.

Sage of Legaia
2012-06-19, 03:55 PM
Danica nodded at BLUE, and stayed on the stairs to keep watch. Danica was looking over the man when BLUE returned with the girl. "He doesn't seem in too bad of shape. He'll be fine with a bit of rest, actually. Nothing broken, and just a few bruises and scrapes. Let me check the girl." Danica smiled and gently looked over the girl, being. "Nothing seems to be broken... Just bruises again." She nodded reassuringly, before saying, "Let's get them out of here for now. I'll give them a more thorough examination when we're safe.

Just for feces and laughter, I'm going to make a perception check to see if Danica heard the whole conversation between Stacey and BLUE. I don't expect her to hear BLUE's real name unless it's a nat 20, though. Danica also wouldn't mention anything even if she does hear, since she knows the value of an alias.

[roll0]

Er... I promise I didn't rig it in any way...

Princess Tracy
2012-06-19, 04:06 PM
Good. I see no reason to stay any longer. Let's take out the guards by the door - quietly if possible, and head back to sector 7, Blue says with sudden determination. Hey, you down there, come up, we won't bite. Got a name? she asks, addressing the man, wondering what's taking him.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-19, 04:53 PM
The man looked at Blue as she helped Stacey up the stairs. "The name's Kyran", he sais; relief in his voice as he looks on to his saviours.

Kyran follows our heroes up the stairs.