PDA

View Full Version : The Burning Plague

Pages : [1] 2

azza1988
2012-05-20, 09:47 AM
As the sun reaches it highest point in the sky a group of adventurer's make their way down an old worn road. Hoping to find an Inn to rest their aching limbs at the small town of Duvik's Pass, they approach the last hill in their way before descending to the village.

Upon reaching the top of the hill the adventurer's are greated by the sight of the gates of Duvik's Pass.

But the smoke rising from beyond its walls does not promise a warm welcoming....

A brief history of Duvik's Pass

Duvik's Pass is a small town that has long been a waystop for travelersa and adventurer's. Recently the town has gained attention as a potential power in the areas commerce, due to a discovery of substantial silver deposits buried in the mountains near by. Many people have come from surrounding villages in hope of lending their strength within the mines to garner some share of the prize.

Character Sheets

Eldek
http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=10275

Stodir
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=402035

Jamben
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411634

Karim
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=402121

Volke
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=401884

OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13265685#post13265685

Map
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/burningplague_map.jpg

Jessica1990
2012-05-20, 10:16 AM
Congratulations:smalltongue:

Corsair420
2012-05-20, 10:48 AM
Eldek: "That can't be good, we should be prepared for anything once we reach the gates..."

Saage
2012-05-20, 10:55 AM
Stodir: "I tend to agree. However, it might be even more prudent to send someone ahead for reconnaissance. It is not guaranteed that we can handle whatever danger we might be facing on our own. I suggest that should be Volke, as he is the most fit for such activities."

Linguz
2012-05-20, 11:43 AM
Volke nodded but didn't mutter a reply. He began to make his way to the gates, using whatever cover he could find and trying to be silent. If he doesn't spot anything and nothing stops him from reaching the gates, he looks past them to see if he can see what's going on.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silent: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Mentol
2012-05-20, 11:47 AM
Karim: That is a good idea, Stodir. We need to find out what is going on. I could go with him, in case he needs support.

After finishing his speech, he turns around just to realize that Volke is already on his way. He sights, and says sotfly: "I hope he will be fine"

Corsair420
2012-05-20, 11:54 AM
OOC: Could we get a character sheet list in the first post please? I keep having to refer back to the other thread

Eldek: Do it, but be careful, we don't know what's down there

azza1988
2012-05-20, 01:29 PM
Volke nodded but didn't mutter a reply. He began to make his way to the gates, using whatever cover he could find and trying to be silent. If he doesn't spot anything and nothing stops him from reaching the gates, he looks past them to see if he can see what's going on.

Moving towards the village you remain unseen to anybody that may be keeping a look out, but after a good scan of the area you dont see anyone. Aproaching the gates you notice they are in a poor state of repair and can easily be pushed aside.

OOC: I've put links to the character sheets in the 2nd spoiler tag

Linguz
2012-05-20, 02:04 PM
Volke stands against one of the gates and takes the spiked chain from his waist. He carefully pushes the door ajar and looks inside.

azza1988
2012-05-20, 02:34 PM
On first glance you dont see anything out of place in the village, the buildings seem to be in better condition than the gate and some even show signs of people living in them. Looking further afield and notice what looks to be the remains of a giant funeral pyre.

Linguz
2012-05-20, 02:58 PM
Volke debated between figuring out what was going on and returning to the group. He decided to return and put the chain again around his waist. He jogged back to the group and said, "Funeral pyre in the town, seems some people are still living in there also. Want me to see more?"

Corsair420
2012-05-20, 03:00 PM
Eldek: "No, if it's a pyre it shouldn't cause any problems. Let's head into town and see whats going on and get some food, I'm starving."

And then I will start walking down the path to the town

Saage
2012-05-20, 03:08 PM
Stodir: "Pyre would mean that whatever disaster happened at this town, it is already over, and the survivors managed to recover, to certain extent. As such, it should be safe for us to enter. I can not stop wonder about the pyre, though. It could mean that either there were too many corpses to bury them properly, or..."
Stodir stops mid-sentence and starts walking towards the gates, making strange gestures with his right hand, as if practicing something.

Mentol
2012-05-20, 04:55 PM
Karim: A pyre can only mean bad news. We should go there and try to help in whatever we can.

Then he walks down the road with a worried expression on his face.

Linguz
2012-05-20, 06:09 PM
Volke followed the group. His mind wandered, considering that the people might not have been the citizens. He stayed at the back of the group as they went to the gates.

Eonas
2012-05-20, 06:13 PM
Jaheel: Indeed. I worry about the inhabitants of this poor town. Let us see what we may do to aid these poor souls.

And with that, Jaheel walks towards the town.

azza1988
2012-05-21, 09:23 AM
Upon entering the town you notice that the funeral pyre consists mosly of human remains, though with how burnt the bodies are you cant decide wether some of them are halfling's or children.

As you move further through the town you see that the well has been boarded up. In the distance you can see a small group of villagers building what looks to be another funeral pyre.

Corsair420
2012-05-21, 10:24 AM
I will approach the group of villagers.

Eldek:"Hail, my companions and I have just arrived in town, we noticed the smoke from a distance, could you tell us what's been going on here in town?"

Saage
2012-05-21, 10:33 AM
Stodir says gloomily: "Exactly what I had feared. Judging by the boarded well, the water in this village has been poisoned. It also appears that the poison has lethal effect."
Pausing for a minute, he continues:
"It could mean the gravest consequences for us. First, if any of us took water from nearby sources, I suggest to empty your waterskins. Second, the villagers may be in need of not poisonous supplies, which on one hand means that they need our help, and on the other hand may mean that they have a motive to attack us in order to get our food supplies. In other words, we should stay alert."

Linguz
2012-05-21, 10:46 AM
Being at the back of the group and a rogue, Volke slows his steps until the group is plenty ahead of him, at which point he moves towards one of the buildings that looked used and tried the door. While doing so, he also racks his brain trying to find out anything extra about this area.

Move Silent: [roll0] (If anyone in the party wants to hear him, this is the DC. *Shrug*)
Local Knowledge: [roll1]
Nature Knowledge: [roll2]
(Both of the knowledge tests are trained.)

azza1988
2012-05-21, 12:09 PM
Being at the back of the group and a rogue, Volke slows his steps until the group is plenty ahead of him, at which point he moves towards one of the buildings that looked used and tried the door. While doing so, he also racks his brain trying to find out anything extra about this area.

You remember hearing whisperings of the recent discovery of Silver in the mountains near by and that a successful mining operation has been operating since.

As you reach for the handle of the door you hear somebody aproaching.

"I wouldn't if I was you. Dont want to go throwing away your health to satisfy your curiosity now do you?"

Aproaching you is a male Half-Elf. Dressed in faded blue trousers and a dirty white vest and sporting shoulder length white hair.

"Welcome to Duvik's Pass, though I'm afraid theres not much left of it."

The man looks to your companions.

"Should you not be catching upto your friends? It'd also be best to warn them not to get too close to the pyres."

I will approach the group of villagers.

Eldek:"Hail, my companions and I have just arrived in town, we noticed the smoke from a distance, could you tell us what's been going on here in town?"

One of the villagers, a woman you place roughly around 50 years old, dressed in a dirty brown dress looks up at you.

"Ah greetings. That'll be the smoke from the pyres you noticed. I'm afraid we've been foresaken."

Linguz
2012-05-21, 12:27 PM
Volke looked back at his group and then at the man. "They probably already know, seeing as one of them already guessed there's a poison." He cracked his neck and took a step away from the door. "Instead of just running back to them, how about you tell me what's happened since you guys discovered the silver?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Corsair420
2012-05-21, 12:35 PM
Eldek:Forsaken? How do you mean? Is it a disease? A plague? I can guess it came from the well back there since its covered *I motion back to the well I mention* that it probably comes from the water supply. Is there anything we can do to help you and your village out?"

Eonas
2012-05-21, 01:15 PM
Jaheel: I suspect funny business.

Jaheel slits his eyes in concentration.

OOC:
Jaheel casts Detect Magic.

azza1988
2012-05-21, 01:35 PM
Volke looked back at his group and then at the man. "They probably already know, seeing as one of them already guessed there's a poison." He cracked his neck and took a step away from the door. "Instead of just running back to them, how about you tell me what's happened since you guys discovered the silver?"

Hmph, lets catch up with your friends, there's not enough time in the day to stand around repeating myself.

With this the man starts walking towards the rest of the group.

Eldek:Forsaken? How do you mean? Is it a disease? A plague? I can guess it came from the well back there since its covered *I motion back to the well I mention* that it probably comes from the water supply. Is there anything we can do to help you and your village out?"

The woman begins to mumble something but then notices the man aproaching.

Samual!! He'll have the answers you need.

Samual reaches the party.
Evening. I take it your the men Stefan sent?

Corsair420
2012-05-21, 01:41 PM
OOC: Are we? you never mentioned that someone sent us.

Saage
2012-05-21, 01:47 PM
Stodir: "I'm afraid we don't know a man named Stefan. We are simply travellers, who hoped to find a good night rest here, but seemingly this is not an option. Also, I find it fitting to express compassion for your sufferings. I find it admirable that you are giving us a warm welcome."

Eonas
2012-05-21, 01:59 PM
OOC: Do we have an OOC thread so posts like this don't clutter up the IC thread? Also, what do I discover as I detect magic?

azza1988
2012-05-21, 02:18 PM
OOC: No, Samual's just assuming you are :) and i'll make an OOC thread now.

"Figures he wouldn't of sent anyone else.

Samual looks out towards the newly built funeral pyre.

"Well i suppose i best fill you in on whats been going on. It all started about a week ago. People started coming down with some sort of illness. It was nothing at first, a bit of a temperature and fatigue. Then it started getting worse, before we knew it people started choking to death. With me being the village healer i was charged with finding out how to cure it. But i dont know any cure to stop people from choking on their blood."

Samual breaths in heavily "Days are dark when a father has to bury his son."

Jaheel: I suspect funny business.

Jaheel slits his eyes in concentration.

You dont detect any magic in the imediate area, but you do feel something coming from the well.

Mentol
2012-05-21, 02:21 PM
Karim stays silent as the conversation goes on around him, trying to grasp the magnitude of the tragedy.

Corsair420
2012-05-21, 02:26 PM
Eldek:"I know you recently discovered the silver in the mountains, has there been anything happening outside the norm there or in town?"

and then I'll take a look around the area I can see where I'm standing, see if anything stands out as different from what we already know

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-05-21, 02:27 PM
Volke followed the man when he had left. "And when did you discover the silver in relation to the disease?"

azza1988
2012-05-21, 02:42 PM
We found it about 2 month beforehand, we all thought finding that silver was a blessing.

The old woman looks at samual and shouts How could any of this be a blessing? Half the village is dead and the rest of us are soon to follow if we dont fix things. The gods have forsaken us Samual!

"Dont mind her, she's been throwing around this god talk since the first person died."

Eldek:"I know you recently discovered the silver in the mountains, has there been anything happening outside the norm there or in town?"

and then I'll take a look around the area I can see where I'm standing, see if anything stands out as different from what we already know

You dont notice anything unusual.

Mentol
2012-05-21, 02:48 PM
After staring at the well for a while, Karim says loudly, to nobody in particular:

"How did you know that the illness is related to the water?"

azza1988
2012-05-22, 07:16 AM
"We just presumed it was something caught from a worker in one of the mines at first, but when the children started showing signs of illness we suspected it must come from the water. Being the village healer i tested some samples and found the water has been soured by some disease.

A few days back we sent a group of men from the village to see if the mine had any connection to the well underground. But as of yet we haven't heard anything from them yet, we're all expecting the worst."

Linguz
2012-05-22, 08:06 AM
Volke sighed. "So how about it, men? Want to see if we can help these poor folk out? I have a feeling it's not just a natural disease. I don't recall ever hearing about anyone choking on their blood due to one."

Corsair420
2012-05-22, 09:35 AM
Eldek:"All right, I guess the first place to start is the mines, we should see about the group that was sent ahead before us."

And then I will look to my companions for there assent to the plan.

OOC: I will say I am railroading us a bit with my actions, so if there is something you guys want to do before we get somewhere please say so and we can do that first, I'm just anxious for some action

Eonas
2012-05-22, 12:01 PM
Jaheel: Silence! Disrupt not the delicate ways of magic!

OOC: Hold your horses, Corsair. I'm doing some investigations.

Mentol
2012-05-22, 02:26 PM
Karim: I agree, we should help this people. We should head to the mines as soon as Jaheel is finished

Saage
2012-05-22, 05:35 PM
After some period of silence Stodir says quietly, so that Samual doesn't hear: "I find it amusing how we all are agreeing that we should help this village. It is almost as if we were under effect of some enchantment. On the other hand, our journey now has at least some purpose, and is a bit less absolute waste of our time, which is something I missed quite a lot."
Continuing in his normal voice: "It seems that poisoned well and silver mine do have certain connection to this disease, and are good start for our investigation. I also have a question of mine: who is the man, who you thought sent us? Stefan, I mean."

Corsair420
2012-05-23, 06:06 PM
While he does his magicking, I'll go over and take a look around the well, and if I can I'll lift the top and take a gander down

azza1988
2012-05-24, 11:48 AM
After some period of silence Stodir says quietly, so that Samual doesn't hear: "I find it amusing how we all are agreeing that we should help this village. It is almost as if we were under effect of some enchantment. On the other hand, our journey now has at least some purpose, and is a bit less absolute waste of our time, which is something I missed quite a lot."
Continuing in his normal voice: "It seems that poisoned well and silver mine do have certain connection to this disease, and are good start for our investigation. I also have a question of mine: who is the man, who you thought sent us? Stefan, I mean."

"Stefan is the main investor in the mine. When the silver deposits where discovered he put foreward the majority of the gold to fun the mining operation. He sent word that he'd send a group of men into the mine to examine it, but that was the last we heard from him. It seems like everyones given up on us."

While he does his magicking, I'll go over and take a look around the well, and if I can I'll lift the top and take a gander down

Moving the cover off the well all you can see is a deep black pit.

Corsair420
2012-05-24, 11:52 AM
Eldek: Giving up is for quitters... Anybody got a light so we can see if there is anything down this well?"

and I'll try squinting, see if that lets me see any further down

Saage
2012-05-24, 02:25 PM
Stodir: "Is the mine working at the moment? Or it has been closed for one reason or another? And is there a possibility that the Stefan's group started its investigation without contacting anyone?"

azza1988
2012-05-24, 06:46 PM
Eldek: Giving up is for quitters... Anybody got a light so we can see if there is anything down this well?"

and I'll try squinting, see if that lets me see any further down

OOC: Do me a spot roll please

Stodir: "Is the mine working at the moment? Or it has been closed for one reason or another? And is there a possibility that the Stefan's group started its investigation without contacting anyone?"

"Aye i suppose if they were going to report to anyone it would be straight to him, but surely he'd of let us know by now. And as far as i know the mine is still open."

Corsair420
2012-05-24, 06:53 PM
[roll0]

Appretnyl just rolling is too short

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-05-24, 06:54 PM
Volke turns to those that are not talking to the man. "So, when shall we depart from this town and see the mine?"

Corsair420
2012-05-24, 06:56 PM
"When Jaheel is done with his magicking I assume"

Mentol
2012-05-25, 04:07 AM
Volke turns to those that are not talking to the man. "So, when shall we depart from this town and see the mine?"

Karim: I am ready to face whatever we can find in that mine!

Eonas
2012-05-25, 08:42 AM
Jaheel lifts his head. "I have finished my divinations. But we must be careful: whatever caused the plague is very, very powerful. We may be in over our heads." He looks worried.

Saage
2012-05-25, 01:16 PM
Stodir: "Elaborate, Jaheel. Did you sense an evil magic aura of some sort coming from the well?"

Eonas
2012-05-25, 03:15 PM
Jaheel: I didn't sense evil, exactly. I only detected a powerful magic aura. However, the perpetrator of this would have to be evil to do such a horrid thing, unless I'm very wrong...

The cleric falls silent, musing.

Saage
2012-05-25, 03:23 PM
Thinking for a moment, Stodir says: "We could vote. Since we don't have a leader, everyone has equal an say. The majority would decide on whether we should investigate this mine."

Mentol
2012-05-25, 03:48 PM
Karim starts to speak loud and fast:
I vote for going down there! Look at this people! We can not just leave them to die. I don't know about you, but I would not be able to rest easy this night knowing that I just walked away because I was too scared to do what was right! I became and adventurer to try to make the world a better place, and this is a good opportunity to start!

After his speech, Karim looks away and stays silent, with a serious look on his face.

Linguz
2012-05-25, 03:52 PM
"I'm in for going down, though, I don't fully expect to do it freely. This is a dangerous job, with a heavy chance of death due to disease, so I'm not going to just go around doing it for free." He turned to the man. "You've got a disease going on, but that shouldn't have affected your treasury in any way, is that not so? We can cover the finer details at a later date, I just want an answer right now. Will you pay us for finding and removing the source?"

Mentol
2012-05-25, 04:01 PM
"I'm in for going down, though, I don't fully expect to do it freely. This is a dangerous job, with a heavy chance of death due to disease, so I'm not going to just go around doing it for free." He turned to the man. "You've got a disease going on, but that shouldn't have affected your treasury in any way, is that not so? We can cover the finer details at a later date, I just want an answer right now. Will you pay us for finding and removing the source?"

Volke, look at this people! They just buried their own children, and you are bargaining for MONEY?!?!

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:15 PM
Volke, look at this people! They just buried their own children, and you are bargaining for MONEY?!?!

"Very much so. Cleansing a disease like this isn't going to be easy, or cheap, most likely." His voice stayed unemotional as he spoke. "If I'm going to risk my life, I'm going to see if I can rustle up something more than just that tingling feeling of helping. Though, the final price will depend on how able they are to reward us, so nothing that would put them in a really bad situation, how much loot we find ourselves, and how difficult it was for us."

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:17 PM
Eldek:"If you are good at something never do it for free...and regardless of a persons position, if you want something gone then you want something gone and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done."

Mentol
2012-05-25, 04:28 PM
What you are describing sounds pretty much like blackmail to me, but it looks like I am a minority here, so finish your "negociations" (he says that with a huge ironic tone), and let's go.

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:30 PM
"The negotiations are that he agrees to pay, then we're off. Numbers and the like come after the job is finished."

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:33 PM
Eldek: Blackmail implies we are making threats, we are offering to perform a service in exchange for compensation thats called working"

Eonas
2012-05-25, 04:36 PM
Jaheel observes his comrades discuss, then quietly says "I don't believe you understand the magnitude of the power our foe has. When I say that he could destroy all of us within two minutes without difficulty, I mean it. To help these people is to embark on a quest that we will surely fail, outright suicide. Yet if I turn away from these poor people, I will live the rest of my life knowing that I suffered innocents to die without attempting to remedy their condition: I accept. Money is no object; if we were after material ends, we would fear for our very lives and run from this place. We must do this from the goodness of our very heart or not at all."

azza1988
2012-05-25, 05:50 PM
"We have very little to give, the money we do have is tied up in retrieving fresh supplies for the village. I'm sure we could scrape together to offer you some kind of reward though."

Linguz
2012-05-25, 06:55 PM
"We'll see about helping you out on food after, then. Like I said, I won't take if you can't give." Volke dropped his hand to his waist, to rest on the chain. "Now, where's that mine?"

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 07:06 PM
Right, i'll give up my look into the well.

Eldek:"Well lets at least go investigate the mine, thers not much else we can do in town at the moment... Which was is it to the mine?"

azza1988
2012-05-26, 05:33 AM
Right, i'll give up my look into the well.

Eldek:"Well lets at least go investigate the mine, thers not much else we can do in town at the moment... Which was is it to the mine?"

OOC: Sorry, i was in a rush yesterday and forgot about the well >.<

"The mine is roughly 3 miles east from here." Samual looks around the village, "Hopefully we can have this place looking a bit more like home when you get back."

Saage
2012-05-26, 06:38 AM
Stodir silently observes the discussion for a while. As the discussion goes, and more of his comrades decide to go to the mine, his face becomes more and more gloomy. Finally, he starts speaking up, looking at the ground:
"My vote is... against going to the mine. It is simple, just as Jaheel said, it can destroy us in two minutes, which means one of us will be dead in twelve seconds after he first saw it. I am naturally led to conclusion that chances of us defeating this evil are zero, and chances of us surviving the encounter are low. If we will go there, we will die a pointless death. No soul in the world will benefit from that. I am somehow sure that the group sent by Stefan is already dead, gone in history without a trace, and we are about to meet the same fate."
Sighing, he continues: "That said, I will keep my word and follow you to the end, will it be end of our lives, or you seeing that we cannot handle this."
Saying that he starts walking towards the mine, following the direction Samual gave.

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 10:12 AM
Eldek: "We have it in our power to help, if you are afraid of a little thing like death no one is forcing you to go along, we'll split your share between the people that WANT to help."

And I'll start heading towards the mine as well

Mentol
2012-05-26, 10:39 AM
Eldek: "We have it in our power to help, if you are afraid of a little thing like death no one is forcing you to go along, we'll split your share between the people that WANT to help."

And I'll start heading towards the mine as well

Well said! Now, let's move! The sooner we enter this mine, the sooner we'll find the solution to this mistery.

Then, he follows the other to the mine

Saage
2012-05-26, 10:44 AM
Stodir speaks in a clearly irritated tone, looking ahead, as he walks towards the mine: "I prefer to avoid death, Eldek, and I've been good at it for fifty-eight years now. If you think I lived for this long because I'm a coward, then worry not, I'll be sure to visit your grave in thirty-six years. And lets get on with this job, I do not want to discuss this anymore."

Linguz
2012-05-26, 11:09 AM
Volke followed them.

(Can't really think of much else. :/)

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 11:31 AM
as I walk and overhear Stodir's comment I reply

Eldek:"I'm twice your age sonny boy, you're barely more then a pup. No one lives forever, you should enjoy life while you can, me I enjoy a good fight, and I think that's what we'll have in these mines when we discover whats wrong, so that's why I'm going, if I die, than that is what was meant to be and I'll be by Moradin's side in the afterlife."

Eonas
2012-05-26, 11:46 AM
Jaheel interposes himself between Stodir and Eldek. "Both of you, stop it, now. If we give in to petty disputes before our adventure even starts, imagine what chances we will have of surviving! Now, whoever wishes to follow me into these mines can do so." He resolutely walks in the direction of the mines.

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 12:27 PM
Eldek:"Nothing about a dispute between dwarves is petty, and I am in perfect control of my emotions, maybe you should be worrying about that temper you appear to have, getting all flustered about two dwarves having a discussion. And as you can see we're already on our way the mines, us dwarves have the unique ability to be able to talk AND move all at the same time."

Saage
2012-05-26, 12:43 PM
Stodir lets out a laugh.
"Indeed, we dwarves are wondrous creatures. Worry not, despite all this talk I am willing to risk my life for Eldek and everyone else here."

Linguz
2012-05-26, 01:09 PM
Volke grinned. "Noted. So, instead of arguing or discussing or anything about going to the mine, let's decide how we'll be going in and other such things. Who has a strong lantern or sunrod?"

Mentol
2012-05-26, 01:16 PM
There is no need to worry about that. I am sure that Samual can provide us with some lamps, or torches in the worst case

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 01:28 PM
Eldek:"Well I have no issues seeing in the dark, and I'm capable of taking a good amount of punishment, so unless one of you wants to go first looking for traps when we get there I can take point."

Linguz
2012-05-26, 02:04 PM
"Searching for traps. Something that I would say is my domain. One of you dwarves, I'll want one close with your knowledge of stonework helping me. I'm sure I might miss something, so that's just a precausion. And if we find any enemy, I can hop behind and assist with my chain."

azza1988
2012-05-27, 07:54 AM
"I'm sure we'll have some spare lamps laying around somewhere." Samual disapears for a few minutes and returns with 3 lamps. "Heres all i could find," Samual looks around the village, "i cant express how much we appreciate your help. I hope for all our sakes your more successfull than the others."

Corsair420
2012-05-27, 10:09 AM
and with that we are off to the mines

azza1988
2012-05-28, 04:50 PM
OOC: Sorry for the long wait, i couldnt get on here last night.

Aproaching the mines you feel a cool breeze flowing from inside. The ground is littered with various tools, pick axes, shovels and spades etc. A dark shaft leads the way underground with hints of silver glitters spread throughout, apart from the wind the area is basked in complete silence.

Linguz
2012-05-28, 05:22 PM
Volke went to the front of the party and looked into the cavern. He looked behind him and asked, "Which of you will carry the light source?"

Mentol
2012-05-28, 05:52 PM
I will carry one of them. Said that, he starts to light the lamps.

Corsair420
2012-05-28, 05:59 PM
I unsling my shield and draw my axe

Eldek:"You taking lead or you want me there til I need you? I'm partial to being in front for now as a precaution"

Eonas
2012-05-28, 07:45 PM
Jaheel: "I will act as rearguard, for to be beset unknowingly from behind would be a terrible fate indeed."

Linguz
2012-05-28, 08:38 PM
Volke nods and enters the cave, the rest following behind and the lamp shining the cave. As they walked, he searched around, making sure that they didn't fall into any traps or the like. One couldn't be too careful, after all. Well, traps or secret passages and the like.

Search: [roll0]

azza1988
2012-05-29, 01:17 PM
Volke nods and enters the cave, the rest following behind and the lamp shining the cave. As they walked, he searched around, making sure that they didn't fall into any traps or the like. One couldn't be too careful, after all. Well, traps or secret passages and the like.

Upon searching you dont see any traps, although when the light settles and your eyes adjust you notice that some of the wooden supports are chipped and stained with blood.

Moving further into the mine the ground starts to slope and eventually gives way to a small tunnel that leads into a small rectangular chamber. Scattered chunks of silver ore surround an overturned pair of wooden carts. What apears to be the lower half of a human torso sticks out from under one cart and dried blood is smeared across the northern wall in several places. There are two exits, one east and one west.

Mentol
2012-05-29, 03:26 PM
Karim aproaches the carts, and points the light at them, looking for anything that could be a clue about what happened.

Then he turns to his companions and says: Somebody helps me turn over this things. Let's see if we find out what happened to this poor fellow.

Linguz
2012-05-29, 04:25 PM
Volke sighed when he saw the corpse. Is that supposed to scare me? Being who he was, the corpse didn't freighten him at all. In fact, he was glad it was there, that told them something really did happen here. "Can someone see if there's any aura or the like from either of the paths while I do this? Or really, do whatever you can to know more than left and right passages." He went up to the carts and began to look through them.

(Something tells me that's an undead...)

Saage
2012-05-29, 05:39 PM
As the party descends into the mine, Stodir looks more and more worried. He stares into the darkness ahead, trying to catch even slightest movements of what could be an ambush.
When the light illuminates the small chamber and its contents, he becomes noticably pale.
"I-its blood..." he says quietly in a bit shaky manner. In a couple of moments, though, he seems to regain composure: "Is he alive?".
Then, in a minute, he speaks again: "I have...", but stops mid-sentence, waiting for his comrades to search the chamber.

Eonas
2012-05-29, 07:28 PM
Jaheel: "Poor creature."

He steps forward to bless the corpse.

Corsair420
2012-05-29, 10:06 PM
My eyes are immediately drawn to the chunks of ore on the ground, after taking a look around the chamber to make sure theres no immediate danger, I'll make my way to examine those ore chunks, and I'll take the 2 worth the most and stick them into my bag

Appraisal: [roll0]
Appraisal: [roll1]
Appraisal: [roll2]

After pocketing the ore, I'll head over and help Karim move the cart and examine the remains(I'll also rifle through whats left of his pockets, no sense letting good loot go to waste, he won't be needing it)

Strength check:[roll3]

Mentol
2012-05-30, 08:40 AM
Strength check to move the cart:

[roll0]

azza1988
2012-05-30, 11:32 AM
My eyes are immediately drawn to the chunks of ore on the ground, after taking a look around the chamber to make sure theres no immediate danger, I'll make my way to examine those ore chunks, and I'll take the 2 worth the most and stick them into my bag

You value two of the chunks of ore at 200 gold pieces each. But the 3rd is mostly rock with only the smallest hints of silver.

As Karim, Volke and Jaheel attempt to lift the cart they hear the snap of a line and a loud crash as a thunder stone hits the floor.

OOC: Can you three make me a fortitude roll

Linguz
2012-05-30, 12:09 PM
(Linguz: "Fortitude, my worst save!")

Volke raises his hands to his ears and tries to block out the sound.

Fort Save: [roll0]

(Wow. Worst save, natural 20. :smallbiggrin:)

Mentol
2012-05-30, 12:51 PM

Karim releases the cart, and moves the hand to his axe, trying to figure out what is going on.

Eonas
2012-06-01, 11:00 AM
Uh oh. [roll0]

azza1988
2012-06-02, 10:41 AM
As the Thunderstone smashes on the floor the chambers filled with a loud bang that rattles you and leaves a ringing sound in your ears that soon fades.

Saage
2012-06-02, 04:29 PM
Stodir: "In the name of Gods, what was that? Are you three alright?"

Linguz
2012-06-02, 05:03 PM
Volke nodded his head as he stood back up at his full height. "I'm fine. Keep an eye out for danger. A trap like that doesn't bring pain itself, so I'm guessing there's something else out there that should have come, to deal with the deafened enemies." He looked down both pathways again and points to the eastward one. "I'll go down that way first and see what's coming up." He pulls out his bullseye lantern and puts a pint of oil inside it. He quickly strikes a fire inside it with his flint and steel and picks it back up. The lantern lights a 60 foot cone in front of him brightly and a 120 foot cone has shadowy illumination as he begins to go down the tunnel. The lantern would burn for 6 hours.

Although the source of light was evident, he sneaked forward. The lantern provided illumination in front of him, not at him, after all. If any other source of light appeared in front of him or any other thing that could notice him appeared, he would shut the lantern's opening, effectively turning off the light without making the fire go out, and go to the side, where he would try to be hidden.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silent: [roll1]

Linguz
2012-06-02, 05:04 PM
(Forgot Listen and Spot:)

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Corsair420
2012-06-02, 06:23 PM
Eldek:"Aye that's not a bad Idea, I'll stand by the other tunnel til you get back"

I walk over to the entrance to the other tunnel in case anything comes from that direction(dark vision 60ft i dont need light).

azza1988
2012-06-03, 10:54 AM
Volke nodded his head as he stood back up at his full height. "I'm fine. Keep an eye out for danger. A trap like that doesn't bring pain itself, so I'm guessing there's something else out there that should have come, to deal with the deafened enemies." He looked down both pathways again and points to the eastward one. "I'll go down that way first and see what's coming up." He pulls out his bullseye lantern and puts a pint of oil inside it. He quickly strikes a fire inside it with his flint and steel and picks it back up. The lantern lights a 60 foot cone in front of him brightly and a 120 foot cone has shadowy illumination as he begins to go down the tunnel. The lantern would burn for 6 hours.

Although the source of light was evident, he sneaked forward. The lantern provided illumination in front of him, not at him, after all. If any other source of light appeared in front of him or any other thing that could notice him appeared, he would shut the lantern's opening, effectively turning off the light without making the fire go out, and go to the side, where he would try to be hidden.

Moving down the passage you notice that the ground infront starts declinging steadily, off in the distance you notice a soft blue luminescence glow. Moving further down you remain bathed in the shadows but knock a collection of stones that go tumbling down the path. You listen carefully for any signs that the noise has alerted anything but cant pick out anything discernable. After taking a few steps you feel a change on the ground below and notice the path starts feeling steeper.

OOC: Reflex save please

Eldek:"Aye that's not a bad Idea, I'll stand by the other tunnel til you get back"

I walk over to the entrance to the other tunnel in case anything comes from that direction(dark vision 60ft i dont need light).

Looking down the tunnel you notice that the tunnel is only about 30 ft long and can see a closed wooden door at the end. You watch the door, waiting for something or someone coming through it, but a few minutes go by with nothing happening.

Linguz
2012-06-03, 10:59 AM
Reflex Save: [roll0] (Well, that's a natural 1. :smallannoyed:)

Volke tries to keep his balance or whatever he needs to do.

Corsair420
2012-06-03, 11:00 AM
Eldek:"I got a door down this way, no activity yet, can any one still see Volke?"

Mentol
2012-06-03, 11:24 AM
Karim, looking down the corridor that Volke followed: "I don't see him, nor his light" (I don't, do I?)

He waits a few minutes, and if he hears or sees nothing, he says: "I'm going after him, he may be in trouble!"

Move Silenty: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

(With the lamp, I dont bother to do a hide check)

azza1988
2012-06-03, 02:11 PM
Feeling the ground move beneath your feet you stumble and try to regain your balance but cant move fast enough. You fall to the bottom of a pit, suffering no real damage, wich you estimate at roughly 20 feet deep.

Karim, looking down the corridor that Volke followed: "I don't see him, nor his light" (I don't, do I?)

He waits a few minutes, and if he hears or sees nothing, he says: "I'm going after him, he may be in trouble!"

Move Silenty: [roll0]
Listen: [roll2]

(With the lamp, I dont bother to do a hide check)

Moving down the passageway you notice a wide pit the floor and can hear someone groaning from below.

Mentol
2012-06-03, 02:25 PM
Karim points the lamp at the pit and looks down. Then he says: "Volke, is that you? Are you ok??".

If he gets a positive answer, he gets out a rope from his backpack and looks around for something where he can tie it and help Volke to climb the pit.

Linguz
2012-06-03, 02:49 PM
Volke picks himself up and looks around the pit with the lantern. "Yea, I'm fine. Found a pit, though. Seems rather deep. Twenty feet, I'd say." He picks up anything of his that might have fallen and waits for the rope to come. That is, if there was nothing around the walls of the pit.

Saage
2012-06-04, 05:04 AM
Meanwhile Stodir carefully approaches the corpse lying in the center of their room and examines it for anything unusual, that might give him a hint of what happened: types of wounds on his body, time he's been dead for, etc.

azza1988
2012-06-04, 06:16 AM
Meanwhile Stodir carefully approaches the corpse lying in the center of their room and examines it for anything unusual, that might give him a hint of what happened: types of wounds on his body, time he's been dead for, etc.

Examining the body you assume he must of been of some importance in the mine judging by his uniform. You also find puncture holes throughout his body and crude broken crossbow bolts littered around him. Judging by the look of his corpse it seems he had some sort of illness when he died.

Corsair420
2012-06-04, 09:17 AM
I grow tired of standing watch, I'm gonna walk cautiously down the hallway and take a test of the door see if its unlocked, if it is I'll open it

azza1988
2012-06-05, 07:10 AM
Opening the door you see the room has a few overturned tables, and a pot of stew that is still cooking. The smell of the stew drifts over from the pot and fills the room with a rancid stench. After barely setting foot in the room you hear the sound of a twang as a crossbow bolt flys from behind one of the tables.

[roll0]
[roll1] (Obviously only count this if the attack hits)

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 10:24 AM
I put my shield up and move back behind the door, to use it as cover.

"Hey watch your fire, we aren't enemies"

and then I'll wait for a response

Linguz
2012-06-05, 11:37 AM
Tired of waiting for the rope, Volke begins to go up himself.

Climb Checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Is the DC 15 or 20?

Mentol
2012-06-05, 02:23 PM
OOC: Can't we assume that the rope reached you?

Tired of waiting for the rope, Volke begins to go up himself.

Climb Checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Is the DC 15 or 20?

Linguz
2012-06-05, 02:26 PM
If he gets a positive answer, he gets out a rope from his backpack and looks around for something where he can tie it and help Volke to climb the pit.

(Not really. The DM never said that you found somewhere to tie it down. Either way, if the rope was dropped, the DC is 15, so he only got up 7.5 feet up the wall.)
(Also: The clipped the lantern to his belt.)

Saage
2012-06-05, 02:28 PM
Hearing the sounds coming from the door, Stodir shouts: "Take cover, Eldek, they have already killed one man, and you are next on the list!" Then he continues even louder: "Hey you, out there! We are not infected! Stop your shooting at once!". He then takes out his crossbow and loads it, approaching (if possible) the door so, that he cannot be possibly shot from there.
OOC:
How wide/long is the hallway to the door?

azza1988
2012-06-05, 06:00 PM
I put my shield up and move back behind the door, to use it as cover.

"Hey watch your fire, we aren't enemies"

and then I'll wait for a response

Listening for a response all you can make out is what sounds like a group of yapping dogs.

Hearing the sounds coming from the door, Stodir shouts: "Take cover, Eldek, they have already killed one man, and you are next on the list!" Then he continues even louder: "Hey you, out there! We are not infected! Stop your shooting at once!". He then takes out his crossbow and loads it, approaching (if possible) the door so, that he cannot be possibly shot from there.

You hear a gorup of loud gutteral shouts in respsonse.

OOC: The hallway is roughly 15 ft wide.

(Not really. The DM never said that you found somewhere to tie it down. Either way, if the rope was dropped, the DC is 15, so he only got up 7.5 feet up the wall.)
(Also: The clipped the lantern to his belt.)

OOC: Sorry about that i must of overlooked it >.<

Linguz
2012-06-05, 06:13 PM
Volke kept trying to climb the wall.

What's the DC?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

azza1988
2012-06-05, 06:47 PM
Climbing out of the pit you see Karim waiting at the top for you.

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 07:28 PM
Eldek: "I don't think these are friendlies, Go gather the others I'll keep em busy" I yell back to Stodir

And then I'll close the door, move to the side where the handle is, hold up my shield and ready an action, if the door opens I'm swinging at whatever enemy I see

Saage
2012-06-06, 06:15 PM
Stodir rushes back and yells "An enemy! Get your weapons and watch out -- they have crossbows! Hurry!"

Mentol
2012-06-07, 01:22 PM
Karim helps Voke to get out of the pit, and in case he can hear the conmotion, he runs throught the tunnel to the first chamber, stopping just to pick up the lamp.

In case he can not hear anything, he takes his time to put the rope back in his backpack, and then asks Volke: "What do you think, do we explore further or do we go back with the others?"

Listen check: [roll0]

Linguz
2012-06-07, 01:39 PM
Right after Karim spoke, Stodir came up shouting (guessing this). "Guess we go back. Let's see what's going on." He pulled the chain from his waist and made his way back, the bullseye lantern still lit at his belt.

Corsair420
2012-06-07, 02:39 PM
I'll try words again before I resort to my type of Dwarven Diplomacy(hit it with an axe til it stops moving and making noises)

DM and anyone who was still near the hallway which I don't think is anyone at the moment:
Eldek:"OK, whoever is in there, come out with your hands up and you won't be harmed, we are just looking for information about what happened in here

azza1988
2012-06-07, 06:09 PM
I'll try words again before I resort to my type of Dwarven Diplomacy(hit it with an axe til it stops moving and making noises)

DM and anyone who was still near the hallway which I don't think is anyone at the moment:
Eldek:"OK, whoever is in there, come out with your hands up and you won't be harmed, we are just looking for information about what happened in here

All you get in response is the sound of some growls followed by the sounds of crossbow bolts hitting the door.

Karim helps Voke to get out of the pit, and in case he can hear the conmotion, he runs throught the tunnel to the first chamber, stopping just to pick up the lamp.

In case he can not hear anything, he takes his time to put the rope back in his backpack, and then asks Volke: "What do you think, do we explore further or do we go back with the others?"

Right after Karim spoke, Stodir came up shouting (guessing this). "Guess we go back. Let's see what's going on." He pulled the chain from his waist and made his way back, the bullseye lantern still lit at his belt.

Making your way back down the passage you hear Eldek shouting in the next passage.

Linguz
2012-06-07, 06:27 PM
Volke went up to the door and kicked it in the middle, trying to get the attention of whoever was behind it. "Hey, whoever is in there, shut up and drop the crossbows before my dwarf friend here decides to act rashly. Instead, let us help you."

Corsair420
2012-06-07, 06:38 PM
right well time for killing, so i'll open the door without stepping inf ont to get shot, wait a second to see if anyone shoots, then rush in and bull rush the table I know they were hiding behind

str check:[roll0] (+2 from charge)

azza1988
2012-06-08, 08:21 PM
Volke went up to the door and kicked it in the middle, trying to get the attention of whoever was behind it. "Hey, whoever is in there, shut up and drop the crossbows before my dwarf friend here decides to act rashly. Instead, let us help you."

Again all you get back in reply are a series of shrieks and growls.

Linguz
2012-06-08, 08:57 PM
Volke stepped to the other side of the door. "So be it."

azza1988
2012-06-09, 06:24 AM
right well time for killing, so i'll open the door without stepping inf ont to get shot, wait a second to see if anyone shoots, then rush in and bull rush the table I know they were hiding behind

str check:[roll0] (+2 from charge)

OOC: Sorry for the short last post, i tried posting from my phone and it started playing up.

Standing to the side of the open door two crossbow bolts fire wildly without causing any damage to anyone nearby. Bullrushing into the table closest to you with the 2 Kobolds hiding behind you successfully push the table back.

The two kobolds each retaliate with an attack of opportunity.

The first Kobold thrusts towards you with his half spear three times.

Attack roll
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage(if applicable)

For some reason the damage rolls arent displaying results. So I've rolled 3 d6's and deducted the modifiers.

Roll 1: 2
Roll 2: 4
Roll 3: 5

The second Kobold steps back and fires his crossbow at you.

Attack Roll
[roll3]

Damage(if applicable)
[roll4]

OOC: Roll a fortitude save please

Saage
2012-06-09, 09:42 AM
Stodir
OOC:If he is close to the door, and if Color Spray will reach enemies only, he casts Color Spray
IC: quickly grabs a pinch of colorful sand, and throws it in the air in front of him. He then thrusts his hand forward and shouts something in an unknown language. Every grain of sand emits a small beam towards the enemy, covering them entirely.
OOC: If he is close to the door, and Color Spray will obviously hurt any of his allies, he discharges his crossbow at the easiest enemy to hit.
[roll0]
If it hits, it would deal
[roll1] damage.
OOC: If he isn't close enough to get to the enemy this round, he runs towards the door as fast as he can.

Mentol
2012-06-09, 10:23 AM
Karim

Karim follows Eldek into the room with his axe ready to strike. He stops at the doorstep for a fraction of a second to take a look at the room. Then he advances to the kobold holding the crossbow. If he reaches him, he strikes him with his battle axe.

attack roll: [roll0]
damage roll (if hit): [roll1]

Corsair420
2012-06-09, 10:26 AM
OOC: damn I was hoping to pin them behind the table or something to throw them off at least.

Fort save: [roll0] (+2 vs poisons)

And if I'm able to act(after everyone else turn of course) I'll take a swing at the nearest kobold

Attack: [roll1]
Crit(if needed): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

*edit* god I hope that that poison doesn't knock me out... max damage on a crit

Linguz
2012-06-09, 10:53 AM
Volke passes through the door, making sure to keep the kobold behind an ally to prevent him from being shot. When he gets behind Eldek, he will lash out at the kobolds with his spiked chain.

Attack: [roll0]
Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Edit: Well, seems that he missed.

azza1988
2012-06-10, 09:22 AM
Stodir
OOC:If he is close to the door, and if Color Spray will reach enemies only, he casts Color Spray
IC: quickly grabs a pinch of colorful sand, and throws it in the air in front of him. He then thrusts his hand forward and shouts something in an unknown language. Every grain of sand emits a small beam towards the enemy, covering them entirely.
OOC: If he is close to the door, and Color Spray will obviously hurt any of his allies, he discharges his crossbow at the easiest enemy to hit.
[roll0]
If it hits, it would deal
[roll1] damage.
OOC: If he isn't close enough to get to the enemy this round, he runs towards the door as fast as he can.

Firing your corssbow at the Kobold closest to you but your shot goes wide and misses your target.

Karim follows Eldek into the room with his axe ready to strike. He stops at the doorstep for a fraction of a second to take a look at the room. Then he advances to the kobold holding the crossbow. If he reaches him, he strikes him with his battle axe.

Advancing on the ranged Kobold you swing at him with your battle axe but your attack misses its target.

OOC: Can you make me fort save please

Fort save: [roll0] (+2 vs poisons)

And if I'm able to act(after everyone else turn of course) I'll take a swing at the nearest kobold

Crit(if needed): [roll2]

Your not affected by the burning plague.

Swinging your War Axe at the Kobold with the half spear you cleave his head straight from his body.

Volke passes through the door, making sure to keep the kobold behind an ally to prevent him from being shot. When he gets behind Eldek, he will lash out at the kobolds with his spiked chain

Lashing out at the Kobold with the crossbow your attack falls short and the Kobold is left unharmed.

With its defender slain the Kobold with the crossbow takes aim and fires at Eldek, while letting out a loud screech.

Attack roll
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

From behind the other overturned table two more Kobolds arise, one wielding a sling and the other a crossbow.

The kobold with the sling fires at Volke hoping to distract him.

Attack roll
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

The second Kobold with the crossbow fires at Karim.

Attack roll
[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Corsair420
2012-06-10, 10:31 AM
My next turn(after they act) I'll step forward and swing at the ****er who shot me...

Attack:[roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage[roll2]

And I'll also yell back at him, just a yell, no words

Mentol
2012-06-10, 10:48 AM
Fortitude save:

Karim screams aloud as the bolt hits him, half out of pain, half out of rage. Then he shout: "I am going to kill you, filthy beasts!", while swinging another blow to the kobold holding the crossbow.

Attack roll: [roll]1d2+3
Damage roll: 1d20+2

Mentol
2012-06-10, 10:52 AM
OOC: Somehow I screwed the rolls on the other post, and I dont know how to fix it, so I post it again (sorry)

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Linguz
2012-06-10, 01:38 PM
(Azza, you missed my post. Well, I'm guessing the room's infected with stuff, so here's a fort save: [roll0])

Volke advances on the kobold that Eldek attacked, attacking from behind Eldek with his chain.

Check: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]

azza1988
2012-06-11, 06:36 AM
OOC: I'm just waiting on Stodir to post then ill post replys to the combat round.

Saage
2012-06-11, 05:35 PM
Stodir reloads the crossbow and does the same thing again: fires it to the kobold he could hit the easiest.
[roll0]
[roll1]

azza1988
2012-06-12, 05:41 AM
(Azza, you missed my post. Well, I'm guessing the room's infected with stuff, so here's a fort save: [roll0])

Volke advances on the kobold that Eldek attacked, attacking from behind Eldek with his chain.

Check: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]

i didn't i posted a reply to it.

Quote:
Volke passes through the door, making sure to keep the kobold behind an ally to prevent him from being shot. When he gets behind Eldek, he will lash out at the kobolds with his spiked chain
Lashing out at the Kobold with the crossbow your attack falls short and the Kobold is left unharmed.

With its defender slain the Kobold with the crossbow takes aim and fires at Eldek, while letting out a loud screech.

Karim screams aloud as the bolt hits him, half out of pain, half out of rage. Then he shout: "I am going to kill you, filthy beasts!", while swinging another blow to the kobold holding the crossbow.

Your unnaffected by the burning plague.
Swinging wildly at the Kobold your attack misses again.

My next turn(after they act) I'll step forward and swing at the ****er who shot me...

And I'll also yell back at him, just a yell, no words

Stepping towards your attacker your retaliate but your attack misses it's target.

Stodir reloads the crossbow and does the same thing again: fires it to the kobold he could hit the easiest.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Firing at the easiest target your shot goes wide and misses its mark.

The first Kobold with a crossbow (from now on KC1) reloads and fires at Eldek again.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The second Kobold with a cross (KC2) reloads after hitting his target and fires again at Karim.

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

And the Kobold with a sling (KS) notices a wounded opponent and takes aim at Karim.

Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Corsair420
2012-06-12, 11:14 AM
Attack of Opprtunity: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]

And then for my normal action when its my turn I'll swing again

Attack: [roll3]
Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

(ooc) we need to start hitting these guys :-p

Linguz
2012-06-12, 11:21 AM
Volke moves over next to the kobold with the sling (KS) and attacks him directly. Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll3]

And when it reloads or moves out of his range, he'll attack the same kobold again (AoO). Attack: [roll4]
Check: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

Saage
2012-06-12, 12:58 PM
"Oh for God's sake!"
says Stodir in frustration after missing twice. He reloads and fires his crossbow yet again.
Damage: [roll1]
Crit?: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Mentol
2012-06-13, 05:59 AM
While his opponent takes his time to aim at Eldek, Karim finds a gap in his defenses, and takes advantage of it to land a rapid strike

OOC: That counts for the turn that just ended
crit. roll: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

On the next round Karim strikes again his opponent, (unless he is already dead, then he moves to the closest kobold alive and attacks him).

attack roll: [roll3]
crit. roll: [roll4]
damage: [roll5]

Mentol
2012-06-13, 06:02 AM
OOC. Wrong dices for damages. Reroll :smallmad:

Attack of opportunity: [roll0]

Normal attack: [roll1]

azza1988
2012-06-13, 09:16 AM
While his opponent takes his time to aim at Eldek, Karim finds a gap in his defenses, and takes advantage of it to land a rapid strike

On the next round Karim strikes again his opponent, (unless he is already dead, then he moves to the closest kobold alive and attacks him).

Swinging your battle axe at your opponent before he has time to fire you wound your opponent by cleaving his left arm off and his shrieks of pain fill the room as he falls to the floor and starts bleeding out.

Turning your attention to the second Kobold with a crossbow who's attack had just missed you you charge at him with your axe and bury it straight into his head.

Attack of Opprtunity: (1d20+5)[7]
Confirm: (1d20+5)[19]
Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

And then for my normal action when its my turn I'll swing again

Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
Confirm: (1d20+5)[13]
Damage: (1d10+4)[11]

"Oh for God's sake!"
says Stodir in frustration after missing twice. He reloads and fires his crossbow yet again.
Attack: (1d20+2)[11]
Damage: (1d8)[8]
Crit?: (1d20+2)[12]
Crit damage: (1d8)[5]

Both of your attacks miss their mark.

Volke moves over next to the kobold with the sling (KS) and attacks him directly.

Striking at him with your spiked chain it wraps itself around the Kobolds neck, pulling your chain back you successfully rip out the Kobolds throat.

With all your opponents slain you take a look around the room, you notice another exit from the room but the door looks sturdy and you assume that such a door would require a key.

Corsair420
2012-06-13, 02:08 PM
"Right, that could have gone better, we need to work on that next time, everyone ok?"

I'll tend to my wound the best I can before looting the bodies or anything of value, I want to take inventory of all they had and anything they may have been hiding in the room

Linguz
2012-06-13, 02:13 PM
Volke puts away his chain and begins to loot the kobolds, putting everything that he finds on a table in the room. "I'm fine."

Mentol
2012-06-13, 02:52 PM
Karim stops and takes a deep breath. Then he drops his axe and touches himself under the left arm, where the bolt hit him. He looks at his fingers, stained with his own blood and says to his companions:
"This little bastard got me. It will not kill me, but I could use some healing. Is anybody else injured?"

Corsair420
2012-06-13, 05:32 PM
"I took a hit, but I think i'm ok"

Saage
2012-06-13, 06:34 PM
Stodir shakes his head.
"I am not injured."
He then moves towards corpses of kobolds to search them for crossbow bolts (if they have any) and examines their weapons for traces of poison.

azza1988
2012-06-14, 02:18 PM
"Right, that could have gone better, we need to work on that next time, everyone ok?"

I'll tend to my wound the best I can before looting the bodies or anything of value, I want to take inventory of all they had and anything they may have been hiding in the room

Volke puts away his chain and begins to loot the kobolds, putting everything that he finds on a table in the room. "I'm fine."

Searching the Kobolds you find a total 44 gold pieces, an oval shaped
amethyst and a small iron key.

Stodir shakes his head.
"I am not injured."
He then moves towards corpses of kobolds to search them for crossbow bolts (if they have any) and examines their weapons for traces of poison.

After searching through the 3 Kobolds armed with crossbows you manage to retrieve 10 crossbow bolts.

Linguz
2012-06-14, 02:37 PM
Volke sits down at the table and tries to determine the value of the gem, since some of the people were injured and he expected to have to wait for a bit. He also takes the key and puts it in his pouch, for later, and tells everyone, "We got some gold already. They had 44 pieces."

Appraise: [roll0]

(Fixed xD)

Corsair420
2012-06-14, 04:49 PM
I'll also try to appraise the AMYTHEST(not a coin :-p) and keep everything we acquire together and we'll split it all evenly once we get back

Appraisel: [roll0]

azza1988
2012-06-15, 08:48 AM
You both value the gem at 150 gold pieces.

Mentol
2012-06-16, 10:47 AM
After examining his injures, Karim walks slowly to the door. He stands next to it and listens carefully, trying to figure out what at the other side. Then he tourns around and says:
"This thing looks closed. Any idea about how to open it?? Or we could just explore the other tunnel, the one with the pit."

Listen Check: [roll0]

Corsair420
2012-06-16, 06:40 PM
"There was a key, see if it fits? If not, they don't call dwarves hard headed for nothing"

Linguz
2012-06-16, 06:42 PM
"And it's not like we don't have people who can open locked doors either." Either way, Volke pulls the key out of his pouch and passes it to whoever's at the door.

Saage
2012-06-17, 11:29 AM
"I have an idea" Stodir says. He walks back to the corpse near the cart and thoroughly searches him again.

azza1988
2012-06-17, 11:46 AM
After examining his injures, Karim walks slowly to the door. He stands next to it and listens carefully, trying to figure out what at the other side. Then he tourns around and says:
"This thing looks closed. Any idea about how to open it?? Or we could just explore the other tunnel, the one with the pit."

Listen Check: [roll0]

Listening close to the door you hear shuffling and hushed snarls and barks.
Recieving the key from volke you unlock the door and wait a few short moments to see if anyone emerges.

Saage
2012-06-18, 04:36 PM
Hearing the door unlocking, Stodir returns to the room and loads his crossbow, waiting for mor enemies
"Be alert. There should be more of them. And they are the source of the plague."

Mentol
2012-06-19, 04:02 AM
I agree. Whatever it is at the other side, does not sound friendly

Then he makes sure that everybody is prepared and opens the door and enters the room quickly, trying to surprise whoever is inside.

azza1988
2012-06-19, 06:32 AM
I agree. Whatever it is at the other side, does not sound friendly

Then he makes sure that everybody is prepared and opens the door and enters the room quickly, trying to surprise whoever is inside.

Entering the room quickly you spot 5 Kobolds hidden behind a collection of barrels in the corner of the room, 4 of them have there crossbows aimed at you and let off a shot each and the 5th one has his hand on a rip cord. Pulling the cors he releases a bag of flour that films the doorway with a flour cloud reducing visibility.

KC1
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

KC2
Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

KC3
Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

KC4
Attack
[roll6]
Damage
[roll7]

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 10:12 AM
I'll step forward with my shield up and drag Karim back out of the line of fire then prepare for another fight... even though SOMEONE didn't wait for the cleric to heal anyone...

Electrobolt
2012-06-21, 08:44 PM
Jamben walks up to Karim, healing him with a Cure Light Wounds spell. He remained silent, although he mentally sighed at Karim's impatientness to get healed up.

Cure Light Wound: [roll0]

Corsair420
2012-06-24, 10:36 AM
I'll try to close the door without getting shot and locking it back and taking the key and pocketing it.

"Right we should probably prepare a bit if we want to fight those guys, and come up with a plan. I may have one forming but let's see what everyone else wants to do first"

Mentol
2012-06-24, 04:24 PM
After getting the healing Karim stands up shaking his head, still confused.

Saage
2012-06-24, 04:30 PM
"We need to make a plan."
says Stodir. He then comes to the party fighter Eldek and makes several complicated jestures upon his armor, mumbling something. The armor now glows in a silvery light.
"This will make your armor tougher for a while."
OOC:
Stodir casts Mage Armor

azza1988
2012-06-26, 06:43 AM
While your preparing yourselfs for your next attack you hear the Kobolds reloading there crossbows and changing position.

Corsair420
2012-06-26, 10:09 AM
"All right is no one else has an idea, we'll do it my way... Jamben, a healing spell on me if you please?"

And after getting some healing, I'll open the door with my shield up ready for a fight(new AC is 23). I'll take a survey of the room to figure where the enemies are then charge the closest one

Charge: [roll0]

Electrobolt
2012-06-26, 10:50 AM
Jamben nodded as he walked over to Eldek and spontaneously casted Cure Light Wounds on him.

[roll0]

azza1988
2012-06-26, 11:35 AM
"All right is no one else has an idea, we'll do it my way... Jamben, a healing spell on me if you please?"

And after getting some healing, I'll open the door with my shield up ready for a fight(new AC is 23). I'll take a survey of the room to figure where the enemies are then charge the closest one

Charge: [roll0]

Entering the room and taking note of your opponents you seethat 2 remain behind the barrells with there crossbows aimed at the entrance and 2 have moved to the left and right side of the entrance (1 each side) each wielding a half spear.

Deciding to charge to the left you reach your opponent before he has time to react and cleave a huge chunk out of his side with your war axe fatally wounding him.

OOC: Also from now on anyone that comes into contact with an opponent (i.e striking distance) can you roll me a fortitude save.

Corsair420
2012-06-26, 11:48 AM
(ooc: fort saves that often... oh crap)

Fort: [roll0](add 2 if this is a poison effect)

Mentol
2012-06-26, 05:16 PM
With his head clear again, Karim enters the room behind Eldek and makes his way towards the Kobold at the other side of the door, landing a strike as soon as he reaches him.

damage [roll1]

fortitude save: [roll2]

Electrobolt
2012-06-26, 08:52 PM
Jamben pulled out his crossbow as he then loaded a bolt into the weapon. He would stay back whenever possible, only moving towards his allies if they needed to be healed up.

azza1988
2012-06-28, 03:39 PM
With his head clear again, Karim enters the room behind Eldek and makes his way towards the Kobold at the other side of the door, landing a strike as soon as he reaches him.

damage [roll1]

fortitude save: [roll2]

Your attack misses its mark and the Kobold retalliated immediatley with three thrusts of his spear.

Attack Roll
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Coming into such close proximity of the creature you notice a foul aroma pouring from the creature. Almost instantly you start to feel a slight bit of pressure within your head (e.g a small headache, nothing too serious).

(ooc: fort saves that often... oh crap)

Fort: [roll0](add 2 if this is a poison effect)

You are unnaffected by the burning plague.

OOC: I'll wait until Stodir takes his round before i carry out the other 2 Kobolds attacks.

Saage
2012-07-01, 04:33 PM
Stodir moves in the room along with his allies, and casts Color Spray on the crossbow kobolds so that he does not hit his comrades. If impossible, fires the crossbow at the enemy he could hit.
ATK [roll0]
DMG [roll1]

Saage
2012-07-01, 04:34 PM
for some reason "preview" screws rolls up
[roll0]
[roll1]

azza1988
2012-07-02, 05:49 PM
The cone shaped burst foreward towards the 2 Kobolds overpowering them both and rendering both of them unconscious.

Corsair420
2012-07-02, 08:42 PM
(ooc: all right if my braining is correct that leaves one kobold left concious)

I will move to the last kobold and i'm cut him good

Crit:[roll2]

azza1988
2012-07-03, 05:39 AM
(ooc: all right if my braining is correct that leaves one kobold left concious)

I will move to the last kobold and i'm cut him good

Crit:[roll2]

Moving towards your last remaining (conscious) opponent you cleave him with a fatal wound and he falls dead to the floor.

The 2 remaining (unconscious) Kobolds remain so behind the barrels.

Corsair420
2012-07-03, 10:32 AM
since the immediate danger is passed I'll walk up to each and coup de grace them both

(2 attack rolls just in case of natural 1)

Atk 1: [roll0]
Atk 2: [roll1]

azza1988
2012-07-03, 06:25 PM
Moving over to your unconscious opponents you lean down and swiftly slit each of their throats leaving them to bleed out on the floor.

Finally getting chance to take a good look around the room you notice no other exit from the room. Apart from the barrels (of wich there are 5) you also notice shelves along some of the walls ladened with basic food supplies and a collection of sacks piled into a corner some of wich have been opened.

Linguz
2012-07-03, 06:30 PM
Volke finally entered the room, having decided to sit this fight out. He looks the room over before he searches it.

Electrobolt
2012-07-03, 06:55 PM
After the goblin threat had been dealt with, Jamben returned his crossbow and bolt to their previous resting places. After stowing them away, he joined Volke in searching the room.

Corsair420
2012-07-03, 08:05 PM
I'll start my search with the pile of sacks first thing opening them to see whats inside, if i find nothing then i'll move to see if theres anything underneath then to the shelves

[roll0]

"Good thinking with that spell, saved us some injury I think."

Mentol
2012-07-04, 06:10 AM
Karim puts his hand on Eldeks shoulder and says with respect:
"At the door you risked your life to save mine, I won't forget that. Thank You"

Corsair420
2012-07-04, 09:49 AM
"It was the right thing to do, think nothing of it. Now come on, we gotta figure out whats going on here."

azza1988
2012-07-04, 05:47 PM
I'll start my search with the pile of sacks first thing opening them to see whats inside, if i find nothing then i'll move to see if theres anything underneath then to the shelves

[roll0]

"Good thinking with that spell, saved us some injury I think."

Searching through the sacks you see that they mostly contain produce such as potatoes, carrots and a few bags of rice, though they dont smell to healthy and have a really unapealing look. While searching through the bags you hear a russle coming from the far back.

Other searches of the room return slim findings of rotten food on the shelves and that the barrels look like they can be opened.

Corsair420
2012-07-04, 06:06 PM
what kind of rustling? the someone trying to hide kind? the something is gonna jump out at my face kind? etc? Either way I shall approach and investigate cautiously

azza1988
2012-07-06, 03:30 PM
Investigating the rustling noise you move a bag aside only to be set upon by a Dire Weasel who immediatly lunges foreward and tries to bite you.

Attack
[roll0]
Dammage
[roll1]

Corsair420
2012-07-06, 03:38 PM
"Holy crap!! GET IT OFF ME!!"

Linguz
2012-07-06, 03:58 PM
Volke draws his spiked chain and takes a step towards the badger, to get it close enough, before swiping away at it.

Attack: [roll1] - Check: [roll0]
Sneak Attack: [roll3] (If viable)

azza1988
2012-07-07, 07:28 AM
Volke draws his spiked chain and takes a step towards the badger, to get it close enough, before swiping away at it.

Attack: [roll1] - Check: [roll0]
Sneak Attack: [roll3] (If viable)

Your chain wraps around the dire weasel impaling it, and as you pull it away it badly wounds the dire weasel, releasing its hold Eldek.

Corsair420
2012-07-07, 01:02 PM
free of the weasel ill attack him myself and end his misery.

Confirm:[roll1]

azza1988
2012-07-08, 09:28 AM
Your attacks misses the Dire Weasel and he retalliates by biting towards your arm.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-08, 11:44 AM
Volke moves to flank the weasel and attacks it.

Bonus: [roll3]

azza1988
2012-07-10, 03:43 PM
Volke moves to flank the weasel and attacks it.

Bonus: [roll3]

Your attack lands cleanly on the Dire Weasel finishing him off. After the battle a quick search of the Kobold Corpses yields 55 GP. With the room being fully cleared your party plans out its next step of action towards solving the problem of the Burning Plague.

Award yourselves 660xp for this encounter and the previous room encounter.

Mentol
2012-07-13, 06:34 AM
Karim puts his axe away and turns to his companions, saying:

"Something is rotten in this mine. We should explore the other corridor"

Corsair420
2012-07-13, 09:37 AM
"My gut makes me think there is still something more in this room, lets finish our search before we move on."

I'll brush myself off and continue you my search of the room

Search: [roll0] (+2 from stonecunning if its stonework)

Electrobolt
2012-07-13, 11:10 AM
Jamben nods as he began to search the room once again, in case there is something else in this room like mentioned earlier.

azza1988
2012-07-13, 01:59 PM
"My gut makes me think there is still something more in this room, lets finish our search before we move on."

I'll brush myself off and continue you my search of the room

Searching the shelves all you find is rotten food supplies.

Jamben nods as he began to search the room once again, in case there is something else in this room like mentioned earlier.

Searching through the barrels you find pieces of rotten food, a cask of high quality wine wich is mostly full, and a small cloth bag containing a moon stone , a gold brooch with a jade inlay three pieces of moss agate and 24 gp.

Linguz
2012-07-13, 04:53 PM
Volke goes around searching with others.

Search: [roll0] (In case of anything else. *Shrug*)

azza1988
2012-07-13, 05:05 PM
Volke goes around searching with others.

Search: [roll0] (In case of anything else. *Shrug*)

You find nothing of further interest

Corsair420
2012-07-16, 09:40 AM
all right after resting up for a few minutes, I'll stand back up and get ready to move out

"All right folks lets get this show back on the road, I think its safe to assume we can expect more fighting so lets do this by the numbers, weapons out and shields up, I'll take point, whats the rest of the marching order gonna be?"

AFTER we have any discussions that people might want to have we'll move out towards the other hallway ((saying that here to hopefully speed things up a bit))

Linguz
2012-07-16, 09:41 AM
"I'll be behind you, or in front if we want to be careful about traps."

Mentol
2012-07-16, 10:34 AM
"I think that it's safer if Volke goes in front searching for traps. I can stay behind and watch our back"

Electrobolt
2012-07-16, 12:25 PM
After taking the items, Jamben walked over to the group and showed the coins, brooch, and moon stone he found to them. He also told them about the wine he had found with these items. In response to who should go first into the new room, he replied, "I agree, it might be better if Volke went first."

azza1988
2012-07-17, 03:18 PM
After traveling back through the cavern and carefully navigating around the previously exposed pit trap you find yourselves in an enormous cavern. The enormous cavern extends upwards for atleast 100 feet. Glowing blue lichens creep across the rough walls and man sized stalagmites protruding from the ground in this area, their faint light glowing and diminishing every few seconds.

The illumination occasionally highlights small flecks of silver, wich glitter in the face of the great western wall of the cave. Several cables hang down from the edge of a wide hollow within that wall. The hollow penetrates deep into the west face of the cavern and begins about 20 feet above where you stand. The air here feels cool and damp.

Corsair420
2012-07-17, 04:43 PM
"So... Much... Silver..."

I go wide eyed and stare at the walls

Linguz
2012-07-17, 08:49 PM
Volke does his best to ignore the temptations of valuable minerals, unlike his friend, and goes to the west wall. He points upwards and says, "I'm going to check out what's up there." With that, unless someone stops him, he begins to climb.

20 feet to go. 7.5 feet per successful climb check.
{table=header]Rolls|DC10|DC15|DC20|DC25
[roll0]|7.5|7.5|7.5|0.0
[roll1]|15.0|15.0|15.0|0.0
[roll2]|20.0|20.0|15.0|0.0
[roll3]|20.0|20.0|0.0|0.0
[roll4]|20.0|20.0|7.5|0.0
[roll5]|20.0|20.0|0.0|0.0[/table]
So if it's a "surface with adequate handholds and footholds (natural or artificial), such as a very rough natural rock surface" (DC15) or easier to climb, he's up it.
If it's "[a]n uneven surface with some narrow handholds and footholds, such as a typical wall in a dungeon or ruins" (DC20) then he takes 1d6 damage.
Anything harder, he did nothing.

azza1988
2012-07-18, 06:01 AM
Managing to climb to the top of the hollow you come to a wide open area, you can see a feint glow of fire from around the corner and can hear the sound of what sounds like more Kobolds, though they dont sound as active as the previous partys.

Linguz
2012-07-18, 08:53 AM
Volke moves carefully around the area, trying to find out where the sound is coming from.

Search: [roll2]

Electrobolt
2012-07-18, 11:24 AM
As Volke went off to check on whatever up higher, Jamben decided to look around the current area and see if he could spot or hear anything in this room.

Listen: [roll0]

azza1988
2012-07-20, 06:12 AM
Volke moves carefully around the area, trying to find out where the sound is coming from.

Search: [roll2]

Moving closer towards the camp you spot 5 Kobolds hustling backwards and forewards between a tunnel and the main encampment. The Kobolds looks like they have been ravaged by the Burning Plague.

Amongst them is a more senior looking kobold who you take as the war chief.

As Volke went off to check on whatever up higher, Jamben decided to look around the current area and see if he could spot or hear anything in this room.

You see a dark tunnel towards the end of the cavern and also pick up sounds from around the Kobold camp area.

Linguz
2012-07-20, 07:39 AM
(Just to be sure, in terms of the map, where is Volke headed?)

azza1988
2012-07-20, 09:48 AM
OOC: Volke would be headed towards area 6

Linguz
2012-07-20, 09:48 AM
Well, I kinda meant to go to the northern area. 5a, I believe. There's a cliff to get to that general area, no?

azza1988
2012-07-21, 07:27 AM
Ah sorry i was thinking of the wrong character, if you were moving to 5a youd have to go past the kobolds.

Corsair420
2012-07-21, 10:55 AM
Right, after regaining my composure I'll take a cautious walk around the room, see if there is anything of importance or of value to take or see

azza1988
2012-07-22, 12:31 PM
Looking around the cavern you dont see anything of striking importance.

Linguz
2012-07-22, 12:40 PM
If its dark near the kobolds, Volke attempts to move past them silently.

Hide: Take 10: 16
Move Silently: Take 10: 16

Corsair420
2012-07-22, 04:04 PM
all right I'm just gonna keep my eyes peeled til volke comes back

azza1988
2012-07-24, 01:48 PM
If its dark near the kobolds, Volke attempts to move past them silently.

Hide: Take 10: 16
Move Silently: Take 10: 16

Attempting to sneak past the Kobolds you knock an empty bucket over alerting the Kobolds to your presence. The chieften points a torch in your direction and seeing that your by yourself orders the other 5 to attack.

Only one Kobold is present, as the others are at the other end of the tunnels hurrying back. He fires a crossbow bolt towards you.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-24, 01:53 PM
After taking the bolt, Volke keeps an eye on the enemies and moves away from them, withdrawing.

Withdraw action: the first square I leave has no AoO at all. Other than that, it's a normal double move. Full-round action. In case you don't know.

azza1988
2012-07-25, 02:09 PM
You hastily withdraw from the battle, noticing that the Kobolds dont seem to be persuing.

Linguz
2012-07-25, 03:48 PM
Volke goes up to his friends and catches his breath. When he's done with that, he speaks, "Goblins. Saw me. Damn things." He points in the direction that he had seen them, towards (5a).

Corsair420
2012-07-26, 11:21 AM
I draw my axe and shield and ready for a fight

"It seems more want to taste my steel today... let's make ready, nothing silly like with those last kobolds"

Electrobolt
2012-07-26, 02:07 PM
Jamben nodded before approaching Volke, seeing as he was wounded. Lifting a hand up to Volke's wound, he spontaneously casted a Cure Light Wounds spell. After that, he pulled his light crossbow out again.

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]
(Linguz, you were lucky that you escaped with 1 HP... Be more careful, though!)

Linguz
2012-07-26, 02:20 PM
"Thank you." Volke turned around and drew his chain out.

Mentol
2012-07-29, 07:00 AM
Karim just readies his axe and prepares for the fight.

azza1988
2012-07-29, 11:42 AM
Karim: You start feeling your body ache and your headache gets slightly worse.

Using the cables to climb up the ledge you travel to where Volke encountered the Kobolds. Upon arriving you see the Chieften and 3 other Kobolds. Immediatley the chieften launches a charge at Eldak.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The remaining 2 Kobolds fire their crossbows at the party. Aiming their shots at Karim & Jamben.

Karim

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Jamben

Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Can you all roll fortitude saves aswell please.

Corsair420
2012-07-29, 02:18 PM

and for my action I'll swing at this chieftain

Attack:[roll1]
confirm: [roll2]

Linguz
2012-07-29, 02:23 PM
Volke will run towards the crossbowmen, avoiding AoO if possible, and get them both threatened. If possible, he'll also attack.

Fort: [roll0]

AoO: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Electrobolt
2012-07-29, 02:32 PM
Fort: [roll0]

Jamben pulls a bolt out and loads his crossbow with it, before aiming at one of the other crossbowmen. Once his aim was set, he let the bolt soar.

Damage [roll2]

Mentol
2012-07-30, 06:03 AM
Karim advances torward the kobold who shot him, and if possible, tries to hit him with his axe.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

fortitude: [roll2]

OOC: I'm assuming that the illness does not affect my capabilites.

Mentol
2012-07-30, 06:04 AM
OOC: Wrong dice again for damage, sorry. I should pay more attention to what I do! :smallmad:

Damage: [roll0]

azza1988
2012-07-31, 05:56 AM
and for my action I'll swing at this chieftain

You swing your War-axe at the chieften and deal a fatal blow by cleaving his head in two.

Volke will run towards the crossbowmen, avoiding AoO if possible, and get them both threatened. If possible, he'll also attack.

OOC: I assume by AoO you mean AoE?? I'm also assuming your attackinig both of them??

Swinging your spike chain you deal both Kobolds fatal wounds and they fall to the floor defeated. Standing over both corpses you suddenly feel a pounding headache coming over you.

Jamben & Eldak are unnefected by the burning plague.

Karim manages to compose himself and feels no worse.

After the battle you notice that the passage way is unguarded and that the Kobolds have stopped moving from out of it.

Corsair420
2012-07-31, 10:27 AM
I think its time to climb up there and check out that alcove, I'm gonna start climbing up there.

Climb: [roll0]
Climb: [roll1]

Dunno how many rolls I need to make it up

Linguz
2012-07-31, 12:41 PM
Volke checks the corpses for anything they might have.

Search to find hidden stuff: [roll0]

azza1988
2012-07-31, 05:39 PM
I think its time to climb up there and check out that alcove, I'm gonna start climbing up there.

Climb: [roll0]
Climb: [roll1]

Dunno how many rolls I need to make it up

OOC: Theres no climbing needed its just a straight passage way.

Slowly approaching the passage way you peer into it to see the remaining 3 Kobolds guarding what appears to be a nursery, you notice what seems to be sever female Kobolds huddled in the corner with small child like Kobolds huddled in there arms.

Volke checks the corpses for anything they might have.

You find a total of 50 gold pieces among the corpses.

Corsair420
2012-08-01, 09:54 AM
well I'm not an evil character so no slaughtering children so I'll take my leave before I'm noticed and attacked and head back to the group

Once back I'll tell them what I saw; "Looks like a small tribe of kobolds up there... women and children, a few remaining guards, we should probably just move on."

Linguz
2012-08-01, 12:28 PM
Volke takes the gold and puts it into his pouch, knowing he has none in reality yet. "Agreed."

Mentol
2012-08-02, 06:56 AM
"You are right. We still need to find out what is going on here. And I think this damned place is starting to affect me, I got a horrible headache!".

He says the last while holding his head. Then shakes it, spits on the floor and starts moving.

"Let's go!"

azza1988
2012-08-05, 12:07 PM
Retracing your steps your party maneuvers their way down the ledge and makes its way towards the southern side of the cavern (area 6). Aproaching the area you feel an immense wave of heat coming from it, moving closer the heat grows more and more intense.

The heat from the room almost makes it difficult to breath. Thesmall bowl shaped cavern floor is littered with humanoid corpses. Rats skitter along the floor only pausing long enough to nibble at choice morsels of remains. Groups of rats can also be seen laid upon their backs, still twitching with feint signs of life.

A tunnels opening is visible in the eastern wall of the chamber, and in the distance you can hear the sound of rushing water.