PDA

View Full Version : Clue WW (discussion thread)

Internet Flea
2012-05-20, 12:54 PM
Role powers (scries and wolf powers) affect anyone anywhere unless otherwise stated.

Town:

Avery Boddy: Town Power Role scrier (scries target as Boddy/no Boddy)
Otto Boddy: Item scrier (sees what item target player holds)
Bessy Boddy: Room scrier (sees every player in the targeted room)
Hugo "Big" Boddy: Follows targeted player, protects them if attacked. Voided for a night following a successful protection.
Annie, Boddy, Buddy Boddy, Sunny Boddy, Luna Boddy: Masons
No Boddy: villagers

Experts: There would be one expert for every weapon with the exception of the Knife. That player would know when their weapon of expertise is in the same room they are, but not who is holding it.

Wolves

Honey Mustard: Item Devil (sees what item target player holds)
Pearl White: Voider (can void a person or a room; a voided person cannot use powers or items, a voided room will result in all searches in that room failing)
Prunilla Plum: Room Devil (sees every player in the targeted room)
Rich Green: Disguiser (targeted player scries as role of Rich's choice)
Dan Peacock: Role Devil (sees target player's role)
Will Scarlet: Thief/Reverse Thief (can steal an item from a player, or plant an item on a player without their knowledge)

Items

Items can be passed during the night, with no limit on how many a player can hold. (So the wolves can pass all their weapons to one person if they want.) Players are informed if they are given an item, with the exception of a reverse theft.

Weapons (Every wolf starts with one)
Only one weapon can be used during the night. Wolves can vote to decide which one it will be. (This includes any additional items they find to kill).

Candlestick: narrates as "killed with a blunt instrument"
Pipe: narrates as "killed with a blunt instrument"
Wrench: narrates as "killed with a blunt instrument"
Knife: narrates as "killed with a sharp instrument"; scries as a random item decided at game start.
Revolver: Can be used to kill anyone in any room; only two shots; narrates as "killed with the revolver"
Noose: Used as the night begins; target is hanged in the morning and day ends. The noose is passed to a random player once used. Narrates as "hung outside with the noose"

Wolves can either use their weapon on a target, in which case they will follow them (with the exceptions of the Noose and Revolver), or they can use it in a room, in which case they will attack a random person they see in that room (but only if they find someone through a search).

Other Items

Items can be found in rooms by searching for items during the night. They can have a wide range of effects, and the ones listed below are only a partial list.

Helmet: Protects against blunt instruments.
Mirror: Sees which room targeted player enters without having to follow them.
Tacks: Anyone following you in the night is voided and revealed to have been tacked.
Plate: Protects against sharp instruments.
flashlight: Keeps the room lit and voids all other actions happening in it.
Cane: Can be used to fight off the lynch mob (day bane, village only). Can be used to kill a target, narrates as "killed with a blunt instrument"

Players may choose to follow another player instead of choosing a room. They will end up in the same room as the player they are following, but will not be informed which room it is but will only be informed which room it is if their target knowingly picks one (not following someone else, not being misdirected). Additionally, they will automatically search the room for people, only finding the person they followed (or the secret passage that person used.) If the target used a secret passage, the follower will only follow them if they already knew of that secret passage; if they do not, they will find it in the night (but they still won't know which room it's in :smallamused:)

(Players targeting other players with room-specific actions will automatically follow them unless they specify otherwise.)

Rooms:
There are nine five rooms to choose from.
Kitchen
Ballroom
Conservatory
Dining Room
Billiard Room
Library
Lounge
Hall
Study

There may or may not be a tenth sixth room, that may or may not contain a rocket launcher.

(Probably not.)

During the night, players can choose to enter a room; once inside, they can search it for either items, secret passages or other people. This is in addition to any item or power use for the night (but following negates the ability to search; the follower will either see the person he was following, or if the target used a secret passage the follower did not know about, the secret passage they used to elude him).

Secret Passages
Secret passages will take you to another room, but they must have been found on a prior night. Finding a secret passage will grant access to it from either side (so you could find one in the Lounge that connects to the Billiards Room and use it to get from the Billiards Room to the Lounge.) Followers will only follow someone through a secret passage if the follower had previously discovered that secret passage as well.

Some rooms may not have secret passages, and many have more than one. Secret passages can be blocked by certain items during the night, trapping people in their rooms.

Narrator List: Internet Flea, C'nor

Player List: 15/15

usourselves&we
Ramsus
Ceresian Memento Lynched Day 2
Matthias2207 Killed Night 1
Gray Mage Killed Night 4
Penguinator
ThePhantom Lynched Day 3
Szilard Lynched Day 1
cd4
Count Dingdong
The Grimmace
BourgeoisJerry
Vesth Lynched Day 5
Grue Bait
bladescape killed Night 3/Day 4

Penguinator
2012-05-23, 09:08 PM
It all sounds very complicated.

Internet Flea
2012-05-23, 09:28 PM
Does it?

...Dang.

Penguinator
2012-05-23, 09:34 PM
To be fair, I haven't sat down and tried to absorb the rules, I've just looked them over.

usourselves&we
2012-05-24, 12:15 AM
Sure it sounds crazy but we say, IN!

CeresianMemento
2012-05-24, 12:24 AM
It's an interesting idea, although it does look a touch complex. I think that I'll have to think about joining this one. When does recruitment for this end?

Internet Flea
2012-05-24, 12:37 AM
I'm going to say... 30 players?

And a narrator or two?

Ramsus
2012-05-24, 12:53 AM
Well, pretty sure you already know I'm in.

CeresianMemento
2012-05-24, 04:57 AM
I guess I'm in, since you never know when you can be lynched in a game. Although thirty players does seem like a pretty tall order. Maybe you should alter it in expectance of twenty-five? I'm not entirely sure that you could get the player count up high enough to accommadate for so many.

Nevertheless, consider me in.

Matthias2207
2012-05-24, 09:42 AM
It sounds a little complicated, shady, and familiar, but above all:
exciting!
In, Inner, Innest, Innerer.

Gray Mage
2012-05-24, 12:55 PM
Clue really does bring back some good memories (although the names seem diffrent >.>). :smallbiggrin:

In.

Penguinator
2012-05-24, 02:09 PM
Although thirty players does seem like a pretty tall order.

Pffft. I've done it thrice.

I'm in, but we really ought to find a narrator first.

ThePhantom
2012-05-24, 02:46 PM
I'm in, this should be fun.

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-24, 03:10 PM
Narrator List: Internet Flea

I find it amusing that after I said that, while I'd been joking before, I would be willing to help narrate this, my name was removed from the list of narrators. :smalltongue:

But in that case, I suppose I'll be a player.

Szilard
2012-05-24, 05:50 PM
Innnnnnnnn.

Internet Flea
2012-05-24, 08:25 PM
I find it amusing that after I said that, while I'd been joking before, I would be willing to help narrate this, my name was removed from the list of narrators. :smalltongue:

But in that case, I suppose I'll be a player.

You can narrate if you want, but you sounded reluctant. I'm not trying to rope you in to it.

Internet Flea
2012-05-24, 08:28 PM
(although the names seem different >.>). :smallbiggrin:

In.

Yeah, basically the backstory is the Boddys couldn't figure out the first murder so they just lynched everybody, and now all the family members are seeking revenge. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-24, 08:41 PM
You can narrate if you want, but you sounded reluctant. I'm not trying to rope you in to it.

I just hadn't realized that you would take me seriously. I'm fine with narrating. (Especially if you'll give me some help in Fae II... That one's going to be a nightmare to coordinate without a co-narrator.)

Internet Flea
2012-05-24, 09:04 PM
I just hadn't realized that you would take me seriously. I'm fine with narrating. (Especially if you'll give me some help in Fae II... That one's going to be a nightmare to coordinate without a co-narrator.)

In that case, welcome back to the Narrator box.

Internet Flea
2012-05-24, 09:19 PM
In that case, welcome back to the Narrator box.

...Once you have room in your inbox for the QT.

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-24, 09:35 PM
Space has been made.

cd4
2012-05-25, 10:06 AM
I think I will join this game.

Though maybe you could add in the accusations, my suggestion would be that it needs to be in the format (alive player) attacked (player) with (weapon) in (room). If they get it right their vote counts as 2 if they get it wrong their vote counts as 0. The thing is they only have 2 accusations per game so that is the limiting factor.

Also if you search for secret passages in a room with more than one do you find all of them or just one? If you only find one and search again do you find a different one?

What is revealed on death?

Internet Flea
2012-05-25, 10:27 AM
I think I will join this game.

Though maybe you could add in the accusations, my suggestion would be that it needs to be in the format (alive player) attacked (player) with (weapon) in (room). If they get it right their vote counts as 2 if they get it wrong their vote counts as 0. The thing is they only have 2 accusations per game so that is the limiting factor.

Also if you search for secret passages in a room with more than one do you find all of them or just one? If you only find one and search again do you find a different one?

What is revealed on death?
I'm debating making accusations a ghost mechanic; they probably won't be in the game for living players.

If there is more than one secret passage, you will only find one. If you search again the next night, you can find another one. Same with items; you'll only find one.

Death narrations read "[Player Name] was killed in the [Room] by a blunt instrument/sharp instrument/the revolver (whichever one applies). He was [Role]."

Count Dingdong
2012-05-25, 03:20 PM
Sounds interesting! In.

Zjoot
2012-05-25, 05:16 PM
In like a garbage bin.

bladescape
2012-05-26, 12:30 AM
In, with Da Goof's Golden Fiddle.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-05-29, 01:50 AM
In. The only question is whether I should role play as Earl Gray or Bernadette Sienna. Eh, I'll decide if I want to be a boy or girl later.

Vesth
2012-05-29, 02:21 AM
In, while I slowly try to decipher the rules...

Internet Flea
2012-05-31, 03:35 PM
Well, this looks like it, so I guess the game will start on Monday.

Experts will probably be combined into fewer roles, and I'll probably close off some rooms so they don't all end up with one or two people every night.

Penguinator
2012-05-31, 04:59 PM
Where's Rune? He likes complexity.

Grue Bait
2012-05-31, 07:00 PM
I'll join, if it's not too late.

Internet Flea
2012-05-31, 07:56 PM
It's not too late; recruitment is still open until Sunday night.

Internet Flea
2012-06-04, 11:51 PM
I guess this can wait until Saturday when Penguinator gets back.

((Definitely not using that as an excuse to be lazy.))

bladescape
2012-06-09, 04:02 AM
Sorry, but I'm withdrawing. :smallfrown:

Penguinator
2012-06-09, 09:53 PM
And I'm back.

bladescape
2012-06-10, 01:05 AM
Oh, to hell with it. I can't resist. I will MAKE TIME.:smallbiggrin:

Back in.

Internet Flea
2012-06-10, 11:44 AM
Okay, role PMs have been sent out. Let me know if you didn't get your role PM.

We have two Masons, one Expert (recognizes the Candlestick, Lead Pipe, Wrench, Revolver and Noose), three suspects and five rooms; the Billiards Room, Dining Room, Hall, Kitchen, and Study.

Game will begin once the narration gets written put up.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-10, 04:10 PM
I don't have a role PM in my inbox.

Internet Flea
2012-06-10, 04:51 PM
You should have one now.

All of the role descriptions are through Quicktopics, so if anyone can't access them let me know.

Internet Flea
2012-06-10, 05:22 PM
A solemn mood descended on the crowd as the first speaker took the stage.

“Today, we celebrate the life of Dade Boddy.” The man paused, allowing a moment of silence before continuing. “I know that many of you didn’t know him all that well; in fact most of you probably didn’t even know his first name.” There was a hearty laugh from several of the Boddys, and awkward chuckles from the various guests who hadn’t known Dade’s first name. “But all of you have been impacted by his life, and all of you, I know, are feeling the effects of his death.”

“Some called him eccentric, but-”

A shot rang out, halting the man’s speech. The crowd gasped as the speaker fell, clutching his stomach. In seconds the guests were on the move, some running for their cars and some running to the speaker’s side. In the distance, the gunman smirked, and turned to his fellow members of the League of Murderous Intent.
“Five Boddys left, and a bullet for each of them.”
“What, only five bullets? There are still six Boddys. Don’t forget Avery.”
“I just shot Avery.”
“That was not Avery.”
“Then who was it?”

“The gates are locked! There’s no way out!”

Screams from the courtyard drew the LMI’s attention right back. The speaker was back on his feet. He was also covered in hair and snarling like a rabid dog. “It will take more than a bullet to stop me, fool! Even if it is a silver one!” Then he charged.
Three more shots rang out, and the speaker dropped once more.

“what the hell was that?”
“That was a werewolf, I believe.”
“I told you it wasn’t Avery.”
"Are those really silver bullets?"
"Of course, what else would they be?"
“So now there are two bullets for six Boddys?”
“And you said we wouldn't need the candlestick.”

In the courtyard, a few Boddys gathered.
"Well, Harry's dead now."
"What should we do, do you think?"
"The same thing we did last time; lynch everyone and call it a day. It's the Boddy way!"

Internet Flea was killed, in the Courtyard, with the Revolver. Multiple times. He was Harry Boddy, a game-breaking Neutral Narrator, turned Werewolf, turned Narrator.

C'nor was killed by someone, somewhere, with some kind of weapon. He was Dade Boddy, a Narrator.

Day 1 begins now and ends in 72 hours.

Ramsus
2012-06-10, 08:08 PM
Szilard because I'm copycatting Penguinator.
Just in the wrong game.

Vesth
2012-06-10, 08:12 PM
cd4 for day 1 random!

EDIT: cd4 claimed mason, do that means...Szilard.

Szilard
2012-06-10, 09:47 PM
cd4 for a wagon that doesn't involve me. :smalltongue:

Count Dingdong
2012-06-10, 09:53 PM
cd4 for now, though it may change. How many needed for a lynch?

Internet Flea
2012-06-10, 10:23 PM
cd4 for now, though it may change. How many needed for a lynch?

No minimum. Whoever has the most votes at end of Day gets lynched.

I might end a Day early if it gets to 75% on one bandwagon.

Internet Flea
2012-06-10, 11:12 PM
A few people have asked me which room they're in.

During the Day, everyone is outside in the Courtyard.

ThePhantom
2012-06-10, 11:27 PM
Mavi Boddy shakes his head. Why is it whenever the Boddies meet up it always ends with a Body count? Oh well, it seems like d4 is going to be on the floor soon, so might as well get this over with.

Grue Bait
2012-06-10, 11:48 PM
I told The Grimmace I'd vote for him.

Matthias2207
2012-06-11, 01:56 AM
Why do we have a bandwagon on cd4, Szilard?

Count Dingdong
2012-06-11, 06:34 AM
A heads up: I have a stayaway camp the week of the 24th. I will be w/o internet access then, so I won't be around.

CeresianMemento
2012-06-11, 07:51 AM
I have no idea who to vote for, so I'll just opt to jump on the bandwagon for cd4 [VOTE WITHDRAWN]. Nothing personal, just joining the Day 1 Lynch Conga Line.

...I'm left with an absurd mental image. :smalltongue:

cd4
2012-06-11, 10:53 AM
This wagon has blown up extremely fast. Now to stop it. I am a Mason!
Now of those on the wagon I think The Phantom and Ceresian Memento are both suspicous in when they joined the wagon. However due to the fact that Szilard has more votes than those two put together I will vote for him.

Zjoot
2012-06-11, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that cd4 wagon is shady business. I'm gonna just vote for Grue Bait because it's easy.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-11, 01:34 PM
Bernadette is happy, excited even, though she tries to hide it. "Alas! Poor, creepy Harry. I barely knew thee, and yet, I felt as though there were some inescapable bond that held us together. Almost as if you were stalking me. But now you're dead and I am still here. Rest assured (and forever) my acquaintance, you will never be forgotten, however hard I may try."

Bernadette rummages through her purse and produces a bottle of perfume, which she promptly sprays on Harry's soon-to-be rotting corpse. While she's in her purse anyway she decides to take this moment touch up her makeup. Half-way through doing her eyeshadow a sudden realization dawns on her.

"Wait, did somebody say the gates were locked? You mean I'm locked in here with Harry's corpse and the rest of his freak show of a family!? And murderers besides!?"

Bernadette's mood changes from one flavor of excitement to another as she tries everything she can think of to escape this house. Spending an hour with the Boddy family is bad enough, but to be locked in with them? Nothing in the world could prepare her to face such a horror.

Vesth
2012-06-11, 06:47 PM
Hey, are we allowed to edit in this game?

Internet Flea
2012-06-11, 08:21 PM
Hey, are we allowed to edit in this game?

Yes, you can edit to your heart's content.

Gray Mage
2012-06-11, 09:58 PM
(I'm totally stealing Earl Gray from BourgeoisJerry if he doesn't mind. :smallwink:)

RP will follow soon (if Bourgeois has plans for it I'll figure out other gray related punny/clever name :smalltongue:). For now, let's try and not kill a potential mason on day 1, shall we? (cd4 just claimed) Szilard

Szilard
2012-06-12, 12:24 AM
Now of those on the wagon I think The Phantom and Ceresian Memento are both suspicous in when they joined the wagon. However due to the fact that Szilard has more votes than those two put together I will vote for him.

In light of this claim, I change my vote to ThePhantom.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-12, 01:21 AM
I don't mind you using the name, but I should point out that the British spelling of the word is Grey. There isn't any real problem with using the American spelling, but the British spelling seems more appropriate seeing as Earl Grey is a British tea that gets its name from former British prime minister Charles Grey.

Count Dingdong
2012-06-12, 06:54 AM
Szilard to join another bandwagon.

CeresianMemento
2012-06-12, 07:15 AM

In light of your claim, I'll make another: I'm just a No Boddy, i.e. a villager, or A. Villager, as my character shall now be called. :smalltongue: (A. Minor Villager, if you want his name in full. :smalltongue: A prize, composed entirely out of recognition, goes to the person who can come up with the best first name starting with "A".) :smallwink: I invite the player who is Bessy Boddy, better known as the Room Seer, to scry me whenever they want. I have nothing to hide.

I'll respect your claim by changing my vote to Szilard. However, please understand that there were simply two bandwagons going and I picked yours at random. No offence or foul intent was planned.

Matthias2207
2012-06-12, 07:33 AM
"Oh, hello Alexander. Achilles? Albert? Aphrodite? Adolf? Alfred? Ahab? Abdul? Abu? Abe? Abraham? Sorry, I'm not good with names. What was it again?" Ano Thervill Ager scratched his old greying head while trying to remember the name of this young... man? woman? Those kids these days, all wearing pants, no respect for tradition at all.

CeresianMemento
2012-06-12, 07:51 AM
"Just call me Al."

(Congrats Matthias. You win a cookie.)

Gray Mage
2012-06-12, 09:41 PM
The Earl yawns as he's awaken by the commotion, the presence of a Boddy's dead body doesn't seem to disturb him at all. Absentmindedly taking his golden watch from his pocket to check the time, he pokes a passing Boddy with his cane, asking:

"Say old chap, when will the tea be served?"

bladescape
2012-06-13, 11:03 AM
Matthias, because I felt like it.

RP maybe later.

Internet Flea
2012-06-13, 09:48 PM
The crowd waited impatiently as the sky grew dark.

"I found some rope."
"Wonderful! Now we can get started. Who should go first?"

The crowd swiveled uniformly to point at a figure in the back. Quickly the fellow was ushered forward, the noose placed around their neck and tightened.

"...haven't I seen you before?"
"Any last words?"

The fellow looked out indignantly at the faces in the crowd. "Well, this is certainly the last Boddy party I'm planning on attending."

"That's a bit of a given. Anything else?"

"Whoever made the bean dip, it was fantastic. Can I get the recipe for it?"
"I'm afraid not. Old family secret and all."
"But I am-" The words were cut off as the rope caught.

"Oh, now I remember! The Colonel's pool party five years ago! You're Bessica, right?"

"...it... does look a bit..."
"Do you really think..."
"...so who do we lynch for this?"
"I think... we can worry about that in the morning."

Szilard was lynched. He was Bessy Boddy.

Night 1 begins now and ends in 48 hours.
Please post room choices, search preferences and night actions in your quicktopics in bold.

Szilard
2012-06-13, 11:34 PM
I hope all of you are happy... :smalltongue:

Ramsus
2012-06-14, 12:32 AM
I hope all of you are happy... :smalltongue:

Sorry. :vaarsuvius:

Internet Flea
2012-06-16, 04:00 AM
The old man turned to face the one behind him, leaving the cabinet hanging open.

"Oh, hello Orin."
"It's Orange."
"Oh, yes of course. Sorry, I'm not good with names."
"Don't worry about it."
"I see you've got something there. Found that in here, did you?"

The young man looked at the blunt instrument in his hand, then back to the old man.

"Actually, I brought this with me."
"Oh. Well, now I feel better anyway. I've been looking for the famed Boddy fortune and haven't found a thing."
"Not even that thing in the cabinet?"
"What?" The old man wheeled back around, searching the cabinet's gloomy interior.

There was a loud crack as the weapon connected, followed by a thud as the old man's body hit the floor.

Matthias2207 was killed, in the Study, with a blunt instrument. He was Ano Thervill Ager, and No Boddy.

Day 2 begins now and ends in 96 hours.

Matthias2207
2012-06-16, 05:00 AM
:smalleek::smallannoyed::smallfrown:
Darn.

Gray Mage
2012-06-17, 07:53 AM
I think I'll go with CM for now.

Ramsus
2012-06-17, 12:43 PM
You mean Ceresian Memento right? *Didn't check the list for other possible CM's*

CeresianMemento
2012-06-17, 05:58 PM
I think I'll go with CM for now.

I'm afraid that lynching me won't result in a dead wolf, Gray Mage. I am, as I have already declared, just a No Boddy.

Zjoot
2012-06-17, 07:13 PM
Yes, but the way you said it was quite suspicious...

That being said, I'm going to vote for BourgeoisJerry, though this is largely a gut feeling on my part.

ThePhantom
2012-06-17, 09:50 PM
(BourgeoisJerry)

Mavi goes to see if he can find someplace to properly lay the bodies to rest. After all, just having the corpses lying around is asking for everyone to become ill and die.

Count Dingdong
2012-06-17, 10:57 PM
A 3-way tie. With Gray Mage now. That Earl who keeps everything to a T.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-17, 11:47 PM
"No! You are not blaming all of this on me you freaks! There is no way in Cleveland I would ever lock myself in here with these nut jobs. Not a chance! If I had my way, I'd never see another Boddy ever again!"

There is an awkward pause as Bernadette realizes how bad that sounded.

"...Not that I would ever consider murdering you los––er, people. I wouldn't ever actually kill any of you (unless I could get the recipe for the bean dip out of it.) I just wouldn't shed any tears if a flaming toilet seat from outer space landed on your head and sent you on a one way trip to the netherworld, that's all."

((CeresianMemento for self-preservation's sake.))

Zjoot
2012-06-18, 12:23 AM
I think BourgeoisJerry has earned me taking my point off of him on account of his posts always being a pleasure to read and the fact that I get the reference.

I will instead be waiting it out to see what becomes of this almost-tie.

Vesth
2012-06-18, 12:27 AM
....and BourgeoisJerry to complete the tie.

CeresianMemento
2012-06-18, 04:56 AM
Changing to BourgeoisJerry for the sake of survival.

"Yes, the bean dip was superb. Shame only Boddy family members can get the recipe*, Mrs. Villager would have liked that. Although I'm actually glad that she couldn't come now. Visiting her poorly aunt in Norfolk, don't you know. Taken ill, ate a funny haddock."

*The Villagers are cousins of the Boddy family. Opinions on them are divided amongst the Boddys, up to the point where they can be invited to various family parties and outings, but are yet to earn the right to learn the recipe used to make a decent bean dip.

Lady Serpentine
2012-06-18, 07:34 AM
....and BourgeoisJelly to complete the tie.

Changing to BourgeoisJelly for the sake of survival.

"Yes, the bean dip was superb. Shame only Boddy family members can get the recipe, Mrs. Villager would have liked that. Although I'm actually glad that she couldn't come now. Visiting her poorly aunt in Norfolk, don't you know. Taken ill, ate a funny haddock."

...You do realize that BourgeoisJelly isn't actually their name, right?

CeresianMemento
2012-06-18, 07:57 AM
...You do realize that BourgeoisJelly isn't actually their name, right?

Whoops. Error corrected. Please notify me if I make another spelling mistake.

cd4
2012-06-18, 10:19 AM
@The Grimmace you haven't crossed out your previous point so it still stands. Out of the two wagons I am slightly more suspicious of Ceresian Memento but do not know for certain.

Penguinator
2012-06-18, 12:19 PM
I'm getting an odd vibe from ThePhantom. I don't know about Jerry, it's been a while.

usourselves&we
2012-06-18, 02:42 PM
Going to have to read the first day at some point but for the moment, cd4.

Penguinator
2012-06-18, 03:49 PM
Also, it doesn't mean he's a wolf, but I did follow bladescape into the Study last night, where Matthias was killed.

Anybody else follow someone into the study?

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-18, 04:40 PM
How did you know you were in the study?

Ramsus
2012-06-18, 04:59 PM
Anybody else follow someone into the study?
Nope. I guess you're a power role then?

Penguinator
2012-06-18, 04:59 PM
"They will end up in the same room as the player they are following, but will not be informed which room it is."

That's... uh... I'll ask Flea...

But I was told I followed him into the Study.

Count Dingdong
2012-06-18, 05:02 PM
Changing vote to Ceresian Memento. For now. What's current vote count? (Too lazy to check)

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-18, 05:29 PM
It's 5-3 in favor of lynching CeresianMemento, with one vote on ThePhantom.

Internet Flea
2012-06-18, 08:31 PM
Updated.

Players may choose to follow another player instead of choosing a room. They will end up in the same room as the player they are following, but will not be informed which room it is but will only be informed which room it is if their target knowingly picks one (not following someone else, not being misdirected).

(I already told this to everyone that asked last night.)

Internet Flea
2012-06-19, 09:19 PM
"It's that time again."
"Splendid! Who will it be?"

"We should hang him! I saw him point at Bessica yesterday!"
"Oh, yes, it should definitely be him."

"Wait just a minute. I'm not a killer, I'm A. Minor Villager! Surely you recognize me?"

"You made that up."
"No, I recognize him. He was Dade's old accountant."
"He was not; he was that understudy of Professor Plum. I remember he carried the beakers."
"You're dead wrong. He was Avery's old college roommate."
"Actually, isn't he Luna's husband's brother?"
"I thought he was the serving boy."
"How DO you know the Boddies, anyway?"
"Ladies and gentlemen, there's an easy way to settle this."

Without further ado, the noose was slipped over the fellow's neck and tightened.

"You see? Now it doesn't matter."

CeresianMemento was lynched. He was Allison Minor Villager, and No Boddy.

Night 2 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

Count Dingdong
2012-06-19, 09:52 PM
It's 5-3 in favor of lynching CeresianMemento, with one vote on ThePhantom.

Thought I had time to change and create tie for now. Apparently not. What would a tie have done?

Internet Flea
2012-06-19, 09:58 PM
First to the tie dies. So if two more votes had gone to BourgeoisJerry it would have still killed CeresianMemento.

CeresianMemento
2012-06-19, 10:15 PM
Well, looks like that's it for me. Guess I was kind of asking for it with a name like that. Now what will the Boddys tell poor Ai Nother Villager, his darling wife?

(And the "A" stood for "Al", which was supposed to be short for "Albert", Internet Flea, although I didn't mention the Albert bit before. Not that it actually matters.)

Good luck guys.

Internet Flea
2012-06-19, 10:26 PM
(And the "A" stood for "Al", which was supposed to be short for "Albert", Internet Flea, although I didn't mention the Albert bit before. Not that it actually matters.)

You definitely should have mentioned it. I saw "call me Al" and picked a name that fit. :smalltongue:

Let this be a warning to the rest of you. :smallwink:

Count Dingdong
2012-06-21, 09:05 AM
Leaving for stayaway camp in a few days. Packing, work, sleep, etc. could make me more AFK than normal. May I send early decisions? Including for when I'm at camp?

Internet Flea
2012-06-21, 10:00 PM
"There he is!"
"Don't mess this up."
"How coudl I ever mess this up?"
"I don't know, but don't."

The figure bumbled happily through the dining room, head bobbing to and fro.

"Not too close."
"Stop worrying! He hasn't even noticed us."
"Steady now."

The figure stopped by the edge of the table, stooping low to check under the rim.

"Now, now!"
"Blunt Object, AWAY!"

There was a massive CLANG as the instrument met the fellow's head, and a stunned moment as he slowly turned around to face them.

"He's a werewolf!"
"I doubt that."
"Run now, argue later!"

The figure peered after them, rubbing his head.

Grue Bait was attacked in the Dining Room by a blunt instrument, but he survived.

Day 3 begins now and ends in 96 hours.

bladescape
2012-06-23, 04:22 AM
Has no one posted after the new day starts yet?

Very well, I think we can say that Grue Bait is clear for now. Other then that, let us start debate by Pointing at Ramsus. With the question following:

What do you make of everything so far?

Ramsus
2012-06-23, 05:00 AM
Whoah, oops.

Am I the only one who actually ever intended to honor the non-agression pact we made Bladescape? :smallannoyed:

Well...hmm. Grue Bait is most probably town unless the wolves got hold of a helmet or something and decided to make themselves look townish instead of just killing someone. Still probably the former.

As for the kills...we only have Matthias to work with and that doesn't tell me anything. *shrug* I'm just happy they haven't gone after me yet.

Gray Mage
2012-06-23, 09:24 AM
@Ramsus: I'm just wondering, why did you follow me the previous day and voted for CM too? :smallconfused:

The Grimmace has been awfully quiet, so I'd like him to talk more.

bladescape
2012-06-23, 09:54 AM
ThePhantom to poke.

And no, Ramsus, that wasn't ever a intention of aggression. :smallsigh:

ThePhantom
2012-06-23, 11:13 AM
Mavi Boddy get up and shakes his head, trying to shake off the sleepyness.

"Oh good. No one died."
(cd4)

Vesth
2012-06-23, 11:59 AM
Ehh...do we have any leads?

Gray Mage for now.

Ramsus
2012-06-23, 12:19 PM
@Gray Mage: Because I could make a bit of a joke out of it and had no better ideas. And...now I'll do it again and vote for the Grimmace (for the reason you mentioned and for another meta reason).

Matthias2207
2012-06-23, 12:43 PM
@Gray Mage: Because I could make a bit of a joke out of it and had no better ideas. And...now I'll do it again and vote for the Grimmace (for the reason you mentioned and for another meta reason).

Gaah... Meta! Grimmace, what have you done to anger Ramsus? Quick! Post in the D&D game or feel his wrath!

BourgeoisJerry
2012-06-23, 01:53 PM
Bernadette has been busy building a lofty tower of furniture all morning, and is nearly done. Just one more chair on top and she'll be able to climb over the wall and escape. Unfortunately, as soon as she climbs onto the table that acts as the tower's foundation, the legs beneath the table break and the tower falls down on top of Bernadette.

"I. HATE. THIS. HOUSE! Which one of you freaks is trying to kill me?"

Bernadette glares angrily at ThePhantom, who had tried to get her killed on the previous day.

"When I find out who sawed the legs of my table, I am going to kill them! In the courtyard! With the candlestick!"

Bernadette struggles under the rubble for a few moments, before calling out again.

"Hey! Is somebody going to help me, or what?"

bladescape
2012-06-23, 10:49 PM
Mavi Boddy get up and shakes his head, trying to shake off the sleepyness.

"Oh good. No one died."
(cd4)

*Cough* I've no idea why you're pointing at the claimed Mason....

Penguinator
2012-06-23, 10:56 PM
I was getting an odd vibe from ThePhantom, but having pointed at the mason secures my point on him.

Zjoot
2012-06-23, 11:56 PM
The Grimmace's Wolfdar:

The Phantom is pinging for the point at the mason, but I believe wolves are usually more careful and attentive than that.

Ramsus seems just a bit off as well, though I can't pinpoint it. Plus I don't like voting for people who are voting for me without good evidence. What room were you in last night, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm also not sure I trust Count Ding Dong. He actually seems the most wolfish to me, but I think he's a new player, so I can't be sure with that, and he's away so it's not like I would vote for him anyways as that's just bad form.

And...actually that's about it. I'm not really getting much in the ways of suspicions. It's been a pretty quiet game. As a result, I'll vote for usourselves&we. His lack of posting seems out of character...I'd like him to answer for that if he is here.

ThePhantom
2012-06-24, 12:28 AM
Wait, cd4 is a mason? Oh, that's on the second page.
My bad, changing my point, sorry The Grimmace, but you have the most points other than me. Besides, no roleplay out of you.

Mavi shakes his head at Bernadette, then goes to help the rubble off of him.

"Honestly, threatening to kill people isn't going to help us."

Grue Bait
2012-06-24, 12:39 AM
The Grimmace

usourselves&we
2012-06-24, 01:50 AM
Time is . . . fractured at the moment Grimmace, and the site is not working half the points that we may access it.
No idea on a point today, we have not given a vote yet right?
It is quite funny that no one said anything about our point at cd4 (the mason) from the last day. note: always say that you have not read the thread yet when pointing at high priority targets.

Gray Mage
2012-06-24, 01:39 PM
Well, Grimm is begining to talk more, so there's that. On the other hand, I have a bad feeling on Penguinator right now.

cd4
2012-06-25, 10:41 AM
@Usourselves&we: that tactic only works if you haven't posted before then.

I am now extremely suspicious of The Phantom with that point today.

Ramsus
2012-06-25, 01:06 PM
*is confused* Ok, I get that pointing at a mason would be suspicious....if you hadn't claimed. But, why the heck would a wolf point at a claimed mason? That'd be kinda suicidal wouldn't it? That actually makes me less suspicious of the Phantom, more suspicious of Penguinator, and just puzzled by cd4.

Internet Flea
2012-06-25, 10:22 PM
"So who's it going to be today?"
"Oh, probably him."
"What? No, wait, I'm Mavi Boddy! Don't you recognize me?"
"Oh, of course. Sorry Mavi, can't say that I did."
"Anyway, get up here."
"But..."
"I can tell my Aunt Mavi apart from a man in a clown cloak, mister."

The man in the multicolored coat flushed slightly, then suddenly shoved his hands into his coat pockets. "Don't think you'll take me down so easily, buddy."
"I'm Sunny."
"Yeah, I'm Buddy."
"And I'm Luna."
"And I'm Avery."
"And I'm Will Scarlet."
"Wait, who said that?"
"QUIET!"

The multicolored coat parted to reveal a green object. "I found this in the arsenal, buddy. Recognize it?"
"Of course I do; it's the novelty pineapple I made for fifth grade show and tell."
"That's r... what?"
"And I'd like it back."
"...well... that's the plan!"

The man in the multicolored coat pulled the pin and threw the green object, which sailed through the air to land at Buddy's feet. He unconcernedly bent down and pocketed it. "Thank you. Now if you don't mind, it's getting late."

The man in the multicolored coat stared forward, dejectedly. Then, suddenly, he detonated.

"Oh yes, and that was that explosive pin I made for ninth grade English! I always wondered where it ended up."
"I needed it to make the pineapple look right. I was sure I'd mentioned it. Anyway, we should get on with this lynch."
"Should we? It's getting pretty late now."
"Hm. Perhaps you're right. We'll try again in the morning."

ThePhantom was lynched exploded. He was Dan Peacock.

Night 3 begins now and ends in 48 hours.

ThePhantom
2012-06-25, 10:28 PM
(You got me. Shame no one got the hint: Mavi means blue in another language.)

bladescape
2012-06-25, 10:33 PM
*Cough* 'A Wolf wouldn't do something silly like point at the claimed Mason' *Cough*

Ramsus
2012-06-26, 02:22 AM
Uh....wow, what? That doesn't even.... huh? :smallconfused:

Internet Flea
2012-06-27, 10:20 PM
Night's delayed another 12 hours due to narrator not being up to ending it.

(Those of you who haven't posted any night actions should take advantage of this.)

Internet Flea
2012-06-28, 08:50 PM
"Wait, why are you here?"
"We agreed I was coming here and you were going to the Lounge."
"No, we agreed I was going to the Kitchen and you were going to the Conservatory."
"If we agreed you were going to the Kitchen then why are you here?"
"I'm not about to follow plans, it's what they're expecting."
"It's what they're expecting because it's the smartest thing to do."
"Yeah? How'd that work out for you?"
"Oh forget it. I'm going to bed."

The night was peaceful.

Day 4 begins now and ends

"Sunny, what are you doing out here so early?"

The crowd gathered to find the Boddy hanging from a noose.

"Oh dread. I'd had a good feeling about him too."
"Yes, he wasn't very likely to have been our killer."
"Except for all the people he lynched, of course."
"Well, yes, but they hardly count."
"Are we still hanging somebody?"
"I don't think we can; our rope puller is gone. I'll have to make a few calls, and hopefully we'll have this sorted by tomorrow."

Bladescape was killed in the Courtyard with the Noose. He was Sunny Boddy.

Night 4 begins now and ends in 48 hours.

bladescape
2012-06-28, 09:27 PM
AND Daerth dost hold sway tonight~
So weary, and forgotten plight~

The demon's hand did come to take~
The Mastermind's one and only mistake~

Ramsus
2012-06-29, 01:57 PM
"Yeah me too! That wily bugger Ramsus is....wait a second!" Well, hmm. Bladescape dying sucks. Plus his being a mason. I stand by what I said about the Phantom's point making no sense at all for a wolf (even though he turned out the be a wolf). I'm a little suspicious of &we since he didn't even vote yesterday and doesn't seem to be saying much (and like he said he also pointed at cd4 previously). (Also I don't trust the "look, I did suspicious things, don't be suspicious of me because I pointed them out myself" thing.)

Internet Flea
2012-06-29, 02:12 PM
I'd like ta hear more from Ramsus."

I'm a little suspicious of &we .

It's night again, folks. You can talk if you want, but voting isn't going to work.

Penguinator
2012-06-29, 02:18 PM
Why the hell did we skip a day phase? That's incredibly anti-town.

Edit: And I see nothing in the rules about it.

Internet Flea
2012-06-29, 02:26 PM
Edit: And I see nothing in the rules about it.

It's in the Weapons section.

Noose: Used as the night begins; target is hanged in the morning and day ends.

Ramsus
2012-06-29, 03:20 PM
Oh. Well that's an interesting mechanic. Do we have to worry about it possibly happening again? :smalleek:

Penguinator
2012-06-29, 03:49 PM
Oh. Well that's an interesting mechanic. Do we have to worry about it possibly happening again? :smalleek:

Says it's passed to a random player, so hypothetically, yes. :smallannoyed:

Ramsus
2012-06-29, 04:16 PM
Hmmm. Is it just me or would it be pretty hilarious to see crazy luck happen and end up with "and then there was a rampant string of hangings, the end." ? (I'm pretty sure the chance of that happening are rather low but, I'd be amused.)

Internet Flea
2012-06-30, 08:18 PM
...Whoops.

Internet Flea
2012-06-30, 08:30 PM
Take 2: now with less Narrator incompetence!

"They'll never find me in here!"
"Who won't find you?"
"Anybody! Who would think to spend the night in some dusty old hall?"
"Apart from you? And me?"
"Well, yes, of course. And dear old Bessy would have too if she could, I suppose."
"I hate to say it, but I don't think it'll work."
"Don't be daft! They wouldn't ever-"

The small man stabbed the big man quickly, then disappeared back into the shadows.

Gray Mage was killed, in the Hall, with a sharp instrument. He was Hugo Boddy.

Day 5 begins now and ends in 96 hours.

For real.

Gray Mage
2012-06-30, 08:48 PM
Oh man. And I thought I had made it through the night. :smallfrown:

GG, and good luck to the town. :smallwink:

Ramsus
2012-06-30, 09:09 PM
A mason followed by the Baner? Ouch.

Well it's actually day now so &we.

Vesth
2012-06-30, 09:33 PM
Mannn...I haven't been keeping track. What's our suspects at the moment?

Zjoot
2012-06-30, 09:42 PM
Ramsus is the biggest suspect at the moment actually, in my opinion.

usourselves&we
2012-06-30, 10:31 PM
Ramsus is indeed suspicious, having slightly defended ThePhantom the day of his lynch. And having put words in our mouth, we were perplexed as to why there had not been suspicion on us, not saying that you should not suspect us.

From this eye doubt can also be cast on Grue Bait, who had voted Grmm the post after Phantom pointed at him, witch was the post after Grimm gave his thoughts of the game.

At this time, it can be seen that cd4 and likely Jerry are town. Phantom voted for Jerry the day CM(town) was lynched when it could have easily changed to Jerry. So it would be nice to hear from them today. Hey if you don't think Jerry is innocent it would still be informative to hear from him.

Ramsus
2012-06-30, 10:31 PM
Huh? For what? The Phantom thing? Are you honestly saying as a wolf that's what you would have done/not prevented a teammate from doing? :smallconfused:

If there's some other reason I'd like to hear it.
Edit: lol, ninja'd by &we giving a reason (not a great one though).

Edit 2: Uh...isn't cd4 a claimed mason? Why BJ though?
Anyway, I hadn't meant to put words in your mouth. It's just that what you said struck me as kinda off (and decided to explore why as opposed to just saying "feels off").

Zjoot
2012-06-30, 10:38 PM
No, I actually agreed with you on the Phantom thing. His vote made no sense at all. It's still mostly gut, however, you did fail to answer me when I asked what room you were in, which is something.

usourselves&we
2012-06-30, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it isn't all that good of a reason, but we think highly of you, and rarely vote for people we like unless something feels off, or if it is the end game in a somewhat free for all, or if it would make a good random joke vote.

Edit: did he not claim day one?
Edit 2: wait that was mostly what you were saying, but are you saying mason is not town. what we wanted to clearly say there was cd4 was not counter claimed, and so truth full in what he said.

Vesth
2012-06-30, 10:48 PM
Grue Bait, you were saying, Usourselves&we? I don't know, but the way Ramsus has been acting to me seems town-ish...

usourselves&we
2012-06-30, 11:06 PM
Well Vesth, it may be odd that you say that as the lack of informative post from you is about null, you are a mystery we can not read you one way or the other at this moment. (Read "informative" as character defining.) That would have been white text but it may have been too short to see.

Vesth
2012-06-30, 11:37 PM
I'm the Mysterious! Or am I? :smallwink:
(oh wait, wrong game)

Ramsus
2012-06-30, 11:44 PM
@Grimmace: Sorry. I was pretty sick (allergies actually) for a few days there and must have missed it. What day was that? Also, why did you only ask me? :smallconfused:

@&we: No, what I meant was calling a mason "townish" is pretty silly. It doesn't need to be pointed out that a mason is probably town.

usourselves&we
2012-07-01, 12:05 AM
Was not calling cd4 townish, was marking him as 'town' there is a diffidence, The probably part was to say that Jerry is likely not wolf by way of Phantom voting for him when the count could have gone either way.

To get back on topic it would still be nice to hear from them about the game so far, that is all that was meant to be said.

To reword the sentence (changes is bold):
At this time, it can be seen that cd4 (and likely Jerry) is town, let us hear what they have to say.
Unaltered sentence:

At this time, it can be seen that cd4 and likely Jerry are town.

Zjoot
2012-07-01, 12:42 AM
@Grimmace: Sorry. I was pretty sick (allergies actually) for a few days there and must have missed it. What day was that? Also, why did you only ask me? :smallconfused:

I thought you might have, but still...It was after Grue Bait was targeted. And I asked you because out of my suspects that day, one was MIA, and the other was The Phantom who I really didn't suspect all that much.

Vesth
2012-07-01, 12:50 AM
Well Vesth, it may be odd that you say that as the lack of informative post from you is about null, you are a mystery we can not read you one way or the other at this moment. (Read "informative" as character defining.) That would have been white text but it may have been too short to see.

Anyway, to clarify, I think Ramsus's town because the noose was used by the wolves, right? They would know what the noose does (the day end early thing). And Ramsus acted like he didn't know. That's my thought, anyway.

Unless it's a bluff. Or a double bluff. Or a triple bluff

BourgeoisJerry
2012-07-01, 02:19 AM
"At this time, it can be seen that Luna and likely Bernadette are innocent. Mavi voted for Bernadette the day Al was lynched when it could have easily changed to Bernadette. So it would be nice to hear from them today."

"Well if you want to know what I think, I think that Orange fellow's definitely on the shady side. All that 'oh so sad, we lost another Boddy' stuff sounds really fake. Who the heck would mourn a Boddy? The way he pretended to be all confused when Mavi turned out to be Dan was also pretty funny. He just really sounds like somebody trying too hard to look innocent."

"There's also a few people who've been suspiciously quiet. You didn't really do anything until Orange started accusing you, and him accusing you could be a ploy to make you look good. Mr. E also looks pretty suspect, and I still haven't forgiven him for trying to get me and Al killed on the same day. And seriously, what kind of name is Mr. E?"

"Blagun White was one of the first to join me and Sunny in going after Mavi, so I think he's pretty okay, (even if he does have a girl's name.) I've still got my eye on him, but I think he's safe."

"As for Alon N. Dark... well, he did get beat over the head with a blunt object, so he's probably not a murderer."

Grue Bait
2012-07-01, 02:46 AM
Grue Bait, you were saying, Usourselves&we? I don't know, but the way Ramsus has been acting to me seems town-ish...

Hey, remember that time I was almost killed? I admit I'm a bit fuzzy on it due to the friggin' concussion I got by being dashed about the head and shoulders from a blunt instrument, but I thought that cleared me, Vesth.

usourselves&we
2012-07-01, 02:59 AM
"Dearest Bernadette, what would be the point of such a ploy It would only suffer to extend the stay in this . . . 'most lovely' . . . bleh . . . 'Mansion'. Gods, hate having to call this . . . fly pit, a mansion. However Alon's little mishap had been forgotten, he probably did not thunk himself on the head you are right about that. Are you able to see a world in which Mister E and Orange worked with Mavi. Do you see a different world then I, which of these miscreants in this . . . place would you think I'd work with?"

Ramsus
2012-07-01, 03:43 AM
Uh....not exactly. You could still be a wolf and just have had a helmet or something. Unless you're gonna have the deceased baner tell us he baned you all we know is that you have protection of some kind. Sure, it's less likely you're a wolf. Doesn't mean you can't be one. (Not that I'm saying I'd vote for you at this point though.)

Grue Bait
2012-07-01, 03:58 AM
Uh....not exactly. You could still be a wolf and just have had a helmet or something. Unless you're gonna have the deceased baner tell us he baned you all we know is that you have protection of some kind. Sure, it's less likely you're a wolf. Doesn't mean you can't be one. (Not that I'm saying I'd vote for you at this point though.)

I got a helmet the night I was attacked. And you're telling me that the wolves would waste a nightkill just to have one of them gain a teensy bit of favor? That doesn't seem like the best course of action.

Note: I'm doing this to convince Vesth more than you. You seem sorta towny.

Vesth
2012-07-01, 04:13 AM
I got a helmet the night I was attacked. And you're telling me that the wolves would waste a nightkill just to have one of them gain a teensy bit of favor? That doesn't seem like the best course of action.

Note: I'm doing this to convince Vesth more than you. You seem sorta towny.

Ah, crap. I completely forgot that you were attacked. My bad!

I only picked you because Usourselves&we suggested it. Any other suspects then?

Ramsus
2012-07-01, 04:16 AM
Teensy? It's pretty rarely I've seen a successfully baned person get lynched, even when there was a possibility they were a wolf. Basically for the reason I'm not inclined to think you're a wolf. It requires a particularly fortunate set of circumstances and requires the wolves decide the gambit is worth not killing someone that night (and the risk that something could come along and screw things up and they they've accidentally killed one of their own).

usourselves&we
2012-07-01, 05:22 AM
It is probably best to get everyone's take on the game as it is this moment, but Grue Bait being a survivor of an attack who do you think your would be killers are? And Ramsus who would you see as our companion, if we were a wolf?

Other thoughts that are not overly preposterous:

Grimmace and Count Dingdong could be wolves, they are both quiet (Dingdong being away and such). Not very conclusive.

Vesth and Dingdong, but would not understand Vesth defending Ramsus in that scenario.

Grimmace and Vesth, but still has the problem of Vesth defending Ramsus, it is not a logical action the way the game stands right now.

List of live player and how we see them:
usourselves&we: So not evil, youse guys don't know how not evil we are :smalltongue:
Ramsus: Possible wolf working with Vesth, if not Vesth then don't know the partner. factional chance of being town.
Penguinator: Do not see as wolf, could not place a partner if he was.
cd4: Mason.
Count Dingdong: Gone most of the game no information.
The Grimmace: Quiet, chance of being a wolf.
BourgeoisJerry: Town, very low likelihood of being wolf
Vesth: Most probability of being a wolf with Ramsus, otherwise town.
Grue Bait: Attacked, likely town.
This list is clearly not bias.

Ramsus
2012-07-01, 05:48 AM
Well, I'd say the Grimmace based pretty much on the same logic you just stated. Though, as usual, I'm generally suspicious of anybody I don't have a really good reason not to be. So for me the only "unlikely" suspects are cd4 and Grue Bait.

usourselves&we
2012-07-01, 06:27 AM
Yes, we would see Grimm as a partner of ours if we were looking in from the outside, but it is a small factor and wolves rarely win from not being active.

alright yeah, crazy thought time (the body has been awake way too long so crazy thought comes easily), finally see a way that as a wolf it might seem a good idea to campaign a non wolf as a looking townish, to look townish to the person you are defending and to make them look wolfish when you inevitably die or to make yourself look townish when you kill them or they are lynched later. not the best thought a wolf team could have, but it is a thought that a team could have. we don't think that it at all would work to their advantage though. not character dialog.

Ramsus
2012-07-01, 12:31 PM
Ok so...a lot of people haven't voted and I'm beginning to get a little uncomfortable here being the person with the most votes on them. Especially considering I'm not 100% sure how IF is doing the lynches. If it's simply "most votes at the end of the day"...well, seriously, it's never fun to be lynched off of two conversation starter votes. Could we perhaps explore other options? I'm certainly less suspicious of &we due to him showing actual logic. I'll switch to the Grimmace for now since he's on both our suspect lists.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-07-01, 05:34 PM
"I'm with Alon on this one. Mr. E had no good reason to believe that me and Al were the culprits, but he still tried to kill both of us on the same day. I know this house is full of idiots, but do you really think an innocent victim would want to help the murderers thin our ranks?"

(Vesth)

Ramsus
2012-07-01, 10:44 PM
BJ....what? Not only was there no logic with that point, you didn't even provide a reason at all. And...where's everyone else? C'mon, I don't want to get lynched because nobody could be bothered to pay attention.

bladescape
2012-07-01, 10:56 PM
I'd pay attention! AND provide reasoning! :smalltongue: So anyone got a reviving stone?

BourgeoisJerry
2012-07-01, 11:25 PM
I did give a reason, though upon rereading the log I realized that I had mixed up Vesth with Count Dingdong.

....and BourgeoisJerry to complete the tie.

Thought I had time to change and create tie for now. Apparently not. What would a tie have done?

So apparently it was Count Dingdong who wanted to end the day in a tie with what looked like intent to cause a double-lynch. Vesth was trying to tie me with CeresianMemento... for no given reason. What I have made no mistake on is the fact that he's spent most of the game just following bandwagons or pointing at random. I considered pointing at you, but I figure the village benefits from killing either of you if you're both wolves, but we don't really suffer from losing Vesth if he's innocent.

Also, killing Vesth will give us more to work with in determining your innocence, which can't very well be said for Grimmace or Count Dingdong. Grimmace also doesn't look as bad as Vesth to me, and Count Dingdong has no votes against him. Maybe I should just go with my first thought and lynch you...

usourselves&we
2012-07-01, 11:43 PM
I'd pay attention! AND provide reasoning! :smalltongue: So anyone got a reviving stone?
That is one of those too useful to use items, what if we need it during the final boss fight? We can't use it now.

Offing Vesth might give the most information right now, but in the off chance of silent wolves our vote will go to The Grimmace, however this is now a tie, is it not? A problem may come if wolves get hold of the noose once more, and keep control of it.

cd4
2012-07-02, 10:02 AM
Well, now that I can get back on the Forums I can see that things are not going the town's way anymore. With what the network of power roles knows I think the better choice to lynch out of The Grimmace and Vesth is Vesth

Vesth
2012-07-02, 11:48 AM
Uhh...self survival kicking in! Grimmace!

Seriously though, why do you guys want to lynch me? Looking back, I only touched Grue (not that touch...) Grue only because 1)Usourselves&we suggested he might be a valid target and 2)I've forgotten.

And Grue Bait pointed at me...to convince/remind me. Now that I retracted my vote from him, why does he persist to point his grubby fingers at me? :smallconfused:

Shouldn't we go after people like, I dunno, Count Dingdong or something?

Zjoot
2012-07-02, 12:47 PM
Actually, I'd rather go for usourselves&we or Ramsus, but I think necessity dictates I vote for you. Vesth

Count Dingdong
2012-07-02, 01:24 PM
So apparently it was Count Dingdong who wanted to end the day in a tie with what looked like intent to cause a double-lynch.
My understanding was tie = no majority = no kill. Testing things. Obviously wrong. But back now using friend's comp so ask what you will. I'll try being punctual.

EDIT: Finally caught up and voting Vesth.

Internet Flea
2012-07-05, 09:08 PM
"So who shall it be?"

The crowd quickly turned on two members, grabbing them by the coats and tossing them forward. Soon members of the other groups were dashing across and pushing the the candidates backward, intent on getting their chosen target to the front first. After a few furious minutes, they pushed forward the man in red, who sullenly walked the steps to the rope.

"Lovely. Well, now that we've found a new rope-puller, who should be on the other end?"

Without hesitation, the crowd shoved forth the man in green, who uttered a stunned "What?"

"Come on now. Why must people always drag this out?"
"It can't be me. What about... um..."

Then he took off running. He leaped surprisingly high, grasping the edge of the wall. Then he blew backward as the electricity surged through him.

"Great. Let's get him up here, the daylight's almost gone."
"You mean her."
"Whatever."

Vesth was lynched. He was Pearl White.

Night 5 begins now and ends in 48 hours.

Internet Flea
2012-07-07, 10:51 PM
The figure crept up behind the Boddy, careful to avoid detection.

"There you are."
"You saw me, then?"
"Of course I saw you, I followed you here."
"What? No, I followed you here."
"Really? What a coincidence!"
"Where are we, anyway?"
"I don't see how that matters. So what were you following me for?"

The figure looked at the candlestick in his hand, then shrugged.

"To kill you."
"Really? What a coincidence!"

The knife darted out of Luna Boddy's coat, planting itself in the figure's chest. Will Scarlet dropped the candlestick, collapsing in a heap.

"My, that was easy. I should have thought of that a long time ago. It's so much faster than trying to jerry-rig that hanging rope."
"I think that's probably the last of them."
"Avery! You were here the whole time?"
"Of course, I followed him here. I was planning to kill him."
"What a coincidence!"
"Sure. Anyway, I'll tell everybody they're free to leave now."
"I'm kind of curious what you were planning to do."
"Oh, I was going to blow him up with this potato."
"...really."
"Yes."
"That seems ineffective."
"Well, we'll never know now."

Ramsus was killed, in the Study, with the knife. He was Will Scarlet, the last member of the League of Murderous Intent.

Game End! Town is victorious!

Player List:
Count Dingdong was Avery Boddy, survived and won.
The Grimmace was Otto Boddy, survived and won.
BourgeoisJerry was the weapon expert (all weapons), survived and won.
cd4 was Luna Boddy, survived and won.(by the skin of his teeth).
usourselves&we was No Boddy, survived and won.
Grue Bait was No Boddy, survived, and won.
Penguinator was No Boddy, survived and won.

Szilard was Bessy Boddy and died, but won.
Gray Mage was Hugo Boddy and died, but won.
bladescape was Sunny Boddy and died, but won.
Matthias 2207 was No Boddy and died, but won.
CeresianMemento was No Boddy and died, but won.

Vesth was Pearl White, died and lost.
ThePhantom was Dan Peacock, died and lost.
Ramsus was Will Scarlet, died and lost.
So, to wrap up:

1. Did you have fun?

2. Was the time between phases too high, too low, just right?

3. Was there anything in the game that you thought was an unfair advantage for one team or the other (I can think of several)?

4. Was there anything in the game that you thought was an unfair disadvantage for one team or the other (I can think of a few)?

5. Do you have any suggestions for new items, game mechanics, or roles? (Especially items as I'm terrible at coming up with useful ones.)

6. Would you want to see another Clue game?

7. Would you mind if I shared your quicktopic?

Internet Flea
2012-07-07, 11:09 PM
I might as well start.

There should have been two weapon experts with half the weapons, I think; having one with everything basically gave town another scry. This was compounded by the fact that weapons had to be traded at night, with the wolves doing the trading in the same room; what ended up happening was they all gathered in one room, the Expert went to a different one, several people in the Expert's room found each other and town had a sizable network overnight.

I'm thinking next game wolf weapons will be freely exchangable, and/or I may very well stick several in random rooms to begin with that people will have to find, just so they'll set off Experts even when the wolves aren't in the room.

Secret passages were pretty useless overall, especially since the wolves never followed anyone until the last night (and then were prevented from doing anything by other forces). Probably won't bother with those next time, or only have one or two that do something special (like this game's passage to the Wine Cellar, that was found once and never used.)

Following was too weak and random kills were too strong; I had two items that prevented follow actions (Tacks and Rolling Pin), and none to prevent random room targeting, which the wolves did every night. The only people who followed anyone were Gray Mage (protecting cd4) and Penguinator (...I don't know.)

Wine Cellar was useless; dead players could talk to anyone that made it to the Cellar, but had no way to gather any information to pass on (they only got to pass one message, which was utter randomness because of the lack of useful info.) I'll probably try to turn the accusation ability into some kind of semi-scry so they can actually do something.

Searches resolve after actions from now on; town had four scriers, they really didn't need Grue's helmet to work the night it was found. (On the other hand, wolves had the chance to avoid a weapon scry on night 3 by passing/using everything before the scry resolved; but it's still greatly in town's favor.)

Narrations were pretty bad. I have no intention of fixing this.

EDIT: Oh, right; the Weapon Priority system meant wolves lost the kill if enough of them died, which is stupid and horrible. I'm splitting that so town gets one kill and wolves get one kill, regardless of how many weapons (over zero) they have.

Ramsus
2012-07-07, 11:22 PM
1. Did you have fun?
Yeah, though it was slightly undermined by both of my allies doing things they really shouldn't have done which more or less meant I wouldn't even have had a chance if the next day had come anyway.

About right I'd say.

3. Was there anything in the game that you thought was an unfair advantage for one team or the other (I can think of several)?
Well, if the Noose had passed back to us....

Also, I have no idea if the room voider helped us at all or not. Would have been nice to have the full complement of wolf roles.

4. Was there anything in the game that you thought was an unfair disadvantage for one team or the other (I can think of a few)?

Well, it was a problem that I was the only one who had to follow people in order to use my power. It made it so I could never search, ever. There was basically no reason for us to not random target our kills as it would prevent us from searching as well.

5. Do you have any suggestions for new items, game mechanics, or roles? (Especially items as I'm terrible at coming up with useful ones.)
Make the thief able to steal from people who are in the room with him at the start/end of the night so that he doesn't have to give up his search every night.

Trading items shouldn't be as hard for people who are mechanically confirmed on the same side. Or at the very least you should give the wolves a choice about who is holding what weapons at the start of the game as the first night was a complicated mess of us adjusting who had what.

Yup.

Kinda...yeah. Also, don't think there's really anything of great value for anyone to see as it more or less boiled down to us changing our minds about what to do three times a night and it more or less coming down to "ok, YOU do the random kill because of X reason".

Internet Flea
2012-07-07, 11:24 PM
Kinda...yeah.

...Is that a "yes, share it" or a "yes I mind, don't share it"?

Ramsus
2012-07-07, 11:29 PM
I would prefer not sharing it. (As always it's my desire to learn about other players and them learn about me by experience, not seeing what was said behind the scenes. I really only like QT sharing when there's something amusing/interesting in it.)

Grue Bait
2012-07-07, 11:49 PM
According to your end post, IF, I wasn't in the game. How will I know if I won or not? :smalltongue:

Internet Flea
2012-07-07, 11:56 PM
According to your end post, IF, I wasn't in the game. How will I know if I won or not? :smalltongue:

Who are you again? :smallconfused:

Ramsus
2012-07-07, 11:58 PM

Who are you talking to? :smallconfused:

Grue Bait
2012-07-08, 12:16 AM

No Boddy important, apparently.

BourgeoisJerry
2012-07-08, 12:26 AM
When i saw the Sienna text I thought it was me talking at first. Anyway, I'm happy that we succeeded in preventing tonight's murder. Too bad the potato never went off.

1. Did you have fun?

Yup. I wouldn't have minded the game being a bit more challenging for us, but it was fun regardless.

I think the phases were timed pretty well.

Networking came way too easy to us, though it wouldn't be so much of a problem if there were more players and you hadn't compressed all of the experts into one. Having a full team of wolves would have also made me more paranoid about the knife on night 1, potentially slowing things down even if I was the expert in everything.

The inability to pass items during the day between allies seems to have hurt the wolves quite a bit.

Inspector Brown - Other players can send the inspector anonymous tips, but wolves can send anonymous messages of their own to lead him astray. This might be too powerful if the wolves don't do a good job of feeding him false information.

Portable Polygraph - Used at night to ask another player a yes/no question related to the game. The narrator will inform that player what question they were asked and give the player who used the item the correct answer. (I'm kind of iffy on this one)

Red Magnifying Glass - On the morning after this item is used, the player who used it will be told which role performed the night's murder, exactly which weapon they used, and what room the murder took place in (not that that part's any mystery.)

Yes, though hopefully with more players.

7. Would you mind if I shared your quicktopic?[/QUOTE]

Eh... I guess I'll let our QT be a secret as well unless another player particularly wants to see it.

Internet Flea
2012-07-08, 12:26 AM
No Boddy important, apparently.

Well, since you found your way to this game, maybe you'd like to give your impression of how it went?

And welcome to Structured Games, I suppose. Whoever you are.

:smalltongue:

bladescape
2012-07-08, 12:37 AM
1. Did you have fun?

Yes, yes I did. Especially the whole double bluff thing with the network. I know it wasn't strictly necessary, considering the extremely low chance of one of them being a wolf, but I still was being doubly cautious.

Just about right I'd say.

The Expert, for one. There being only one expert was VERY overpowered for town.

The noose, if the wolves got it again and again, would make it a virtual steamroll.

Town's PR number. The size of the game, and the number of PRs there were meant we had a good chance of a network.

Wolves, I heard, having to give up searching. Other than that, only town staring on as the Noose slaughtered them.

Not right now, though I'm sure I could throw a few random ones at you should I find some spare time.

Yes. I love Clue, and playing Clue WW is fun. :3

Sure, go ahead. All three of them. :smalltongue:

8. Interesting notes?

Yes. I laughed quite heartily when the small town network got a Warm Potato. And even louder when they decided to give it to AVERY BODDY. :smallbiggrin: Which was, incidently, just before my untimely demise.

Grue Bait
2012-07-08, 12:38 AM
1. Did you have fun?
Indeed. I don't usually enjoy playing a villager, but this one went pretty well.
Pretty perfect, Goldilocks. :smalltongue:
Yeah... I'm no good at this sort of thing...
See 3.
Probably not.
Definitely.
I don't mind.

Note: This is all through watching, as I clearly wasn't in it. :smallwink:

Internet Flea
2012-07-08, 12:43 AM
Anyway, I'm happy that we succeeded in preventing tonight's murder. Too bad the potato never went off.

Oh, but it did; Ramsus got handed a Fiery Potato, which caused him to drop all his items (i.e. the candlestick). Then cd4 stabbed him.

Inspector Brown - Other players can send the inspector anonymous tips, but wolves can send anonymous messages of their own to lead him astray. This might be too powerful if the wolves don't do a good job of feeding him false information.

Portable Polygraph - Used at night to ask another player a yes/no question related to the game. The narrator will inform that player what question they were asked and give the player who used the item the correct answer. (I'm kind of iffy on this one)

Red Magnifying Glass - On the morning after this item is used, the player who used it will be told which role performed the night's murder, exactly which weapon they used, and what room the murder took place in (not that that part's any mystery.)

Your idea for Inspector Brown was exactly what the Wine Cellar was supposed to do; every dead player got one word to pass on, and town was supposed to try to form a cohesive sentence with wolves trying to throw random words in to mess things up. Didn't work due to the above-mentioned lack of dead player info, which will hopefully be fixed next time.

Polygraph seems overpowered for town, as I can't see any question other than "are you a wolf" being asked and the wolves don't get as much from it. I do already have Coats that reveal the role of one specific player when used on that player. Not sure if I should make them more powerful; nobody ever found one (everyone avoided the Hall; the only person to go there willingly was Vesth, and the only reason anyone died night 4 was because townies got redirected to the Hall because the Dining Room was blocked. It's a room for a reason, people!).

Magnifying Glass seems more useful as a role than an item, I think. As it was, there was barely any benefit to obscuring the weapon anyway, so an item to unobscure it would be pretty much wasted (especially for the wolves).

Internet Flea
2012-07-08, 12:48 AM
Other than that, only town staring on as the Noose slaughtered them.

8. Interesting notes?

Yes. I laughed quite heartily when the small town network got a Warm Potato. And even louder when they decided to give it to AVERY BODDY. :smallbiggrin: Which was, incidently, just before my untimely demise.

I'll probably destroy the Noose when used in the next game; it's not a huge issue, but it wasn't meant to be re-used (heck, it was meant to only be used once in a 30-player game!)

I was laughing even harder at the potato since they got it FROM Avery Boddy! :smallbiggrin:

Ramsus
2012-07-08, 01:25 AM
I guess there were hidden items...and a network? Yeah, wolves had no way of knowing any of this info. It seems amazingly backwards to me that the team in the dark about stuff was the wolves.

Internet Flea
2012-07-08, 01:26 AM
I guess there were hidden items...and a network?

No hidden items; I just didn't do the last day's item activities because the game was ending.

EDIT: Well the Rocket Launcher was sort of hidden, but I did mention it. :smallwink:

Vesth
2012-07-08, 01:30 AM
No hidden items; I just didn't do the last day's item activities because the game was ending.

EDIT: Well the Rocket Launcher was sort of hidden, but I did mention it. :smallwink:

Wait, there was a rocket launcher?!

Internet Flea
2012-07-08, 01:33 AM
Wait, there was a rocket launcher?!

Yes; if anyone had taken the Secret Passage from the Kitchen to the Wine Cellar, they could have searched for Items and found the Rocket Launcher. With no rockets. Which acted as a self-bane against all weapons. (Because you'd be nuts to attack somebody pointing a rocket launcher at you.)

Or probably an unblockable blunt instrument if the wolves got hold of it.

Zjoot
2012-07-08, 01:38 AM
That is awesome.

Anyways, I'm not one for surveys, but I'll just say that I enjoyed the game, except it was a bit too easy with village being sort of overpowered, so the win doesn't feel all that significant.

I also want to compliment Ramsus on pretty good play as far as not getting caught, because I think without the pure luck of the scries we probably wouldn't have. Most of the things I noticed were only in retrospect, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have picked up on them otherwise. Even when we had scried you and were trying to draw out the other wolves by accusing you, it was very hard to find good excuses without just stating we had scried you.

Internet Flea
2012-07-08, 02:06 AM
Oh right, another question for everyone; I was trying to have a sort of "Queen for three pieces" mentality about the scriers; instead of an ordinary Seer, there was a Power Scrier that couldn't find wolves, an Item scrier that could only find wolves if they were holding wolf-specific weapons, and a room scrier that would... well I still don't know exactly what they would do because they got killed without doing anything.

Do people think the three scriers are more powerful, less powerful, or as powerful as an ordinary role scrier?

And if they're more or less powerful, can you see a way of balancing them back out?

Ramsus
2012-07-08, 02:52 AM
I actually really like the scrier setup, aside from....yeah, not just 1 expert but, we've covered that. The room scrier would have been useful if say...I had ever answered the Grimmace's question and that person had scried that room. If I'd lied about where I was then that'd be a pretty definite wolf tell to them and if not I'd still be a suspect. In fact, the reason I never answered that question (aside from being sick and missing it the first time) was because I was worried someone had decided to follow me around and knew I'd been in the room.

Zjoot
2012-07-08, 02:56 AM
That was the reason I asked it. I ended up just letting it go because we were pretty sure it was Vesth at that point.

Ramsus
2012-07-08, 04:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it was me though. :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2012-07-08, 08:16 PM
1. Did you have fun?
While I was here, yes.
Third bowl of porridge.
There were less wolves than I anticipated. Didn't think I would see a game end while I was gone.
I hated the noose.
Not at present, I'm leaving in a minute.
Indeed.
By all means. The world should see Uncle Stan's inanity!

But boy, Gray Mage was all over my radar. :smallsigh: Ramsus was second on my list, though.

Gray Mage
2012-07-08, 08:30 PM
I'll comment more later, but I wouldn't mind sharing my QT. It's not very interesting, though. It's mostly me stalking cd4, with some bad english/broken sentences that I just now noticed. :smallredface:

Count Dingdong
2012-07-09, 05:28 AM
1. Did you have fun?
Yes. For first finished game on site, I'm pretty happy with how it went!

Just right.

In this case, ability for town to find other town. I.e. all-weapons expert, and cd4 claiming mason right away. Avery obviously scries the claimed mason and enters their group. And if lie, that's one wolf found. Unless the role disguiser was in play, something I only realized later in the game...

Noose being a re-usable tool that killed town's lynch.

Not all wolf roles being in play while all town roles were.

In Clue fashion, have passageways b/w rooms be a part of the game. In night phase, return to room you were last in and can move to an adjacent room. Or use secret passageway. Not sure how following works then, though. Maybe only able to follow someone in an adjacent room?

Yes.

Please don't. At least for now.

8. Interesting notes? Loved hot potato game, but sadly no explosion as anticipated. Noted uselessness of room search pretty early. If you can pick rooms any day and follow people, that seems a useless mechanism.

Internet Flea
2012-07-09, 10:14 PM
I think next game will mainly have passages that take you to places you can't normally get (so if Hall, Study, Billiards Room, Dining Room and Kitchen were the rooms again, there would be secret passages in them to get to the Lounge, Library, and Conservatory.) I don't really want to have "you can't get there from here" mechanics (I prefer just hiding the mechanics for the same effect. :smalltongue:).

Grue Bait's QT (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/d5dg2c2tCeR).
The Grimmace's QT (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/QksnpAue5uqd) (since he didn't object).
Gray Mage's QT (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/jxrcyhatkHd). (Which reminds me, if the Baner can't succeed twice in a row, should he be able to bane himself?)
Penguinator's QT (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/NB8fJi5WqYE3Q).
The Wine Cellar (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/tYrYnApfCUu).

Waiting to post others until the people in them give the go-ahead.

Szilard
2012-07-09, 11:09 PM
And here's my record-breakingly short QT. (http://quicktopic.com/47/H/mpZXxXGY8edi5)

usourselves&we
2012-07-09, 11:21 PM
Our QT (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/VsxtaAZCEQSXU) nothing amazing.
don't have time to answer the questions but it was a fun game

BourgeoisJerry
2012-07-10, 12:15 AM
Ah, so that's where Grue Bait's 'Wolf...' '...Beware...' 'Leader...' '...Library.' message came from. And yeah, I'm not surprised that Gray Mage didn't trust me. I'm actually more surprised that The Grimmace did trust me enough to reveal his role.

Matthias2207
2012-07-10, 07:34 AM
And here's my record-breakingly short QT. (http://quicktopic.com/47/H/mpZXxXGY8edi5)

It's even shorter than mine (http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/ekLJ84CMhDSzQ)! Didn't expect that.