PDA

View Full Version : Where to start: Warhammer 40k

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-21, 05:10 AM
I've been looking, as the title says, to get into WH40K, and I know full well the time and financial investment that it is.
Further I've wandered around and done some google searching about the various codicies and I want to know what's a good way to start.

I've found a great guide to build a good wargaming table, and I was thinking of starting on the 5e Assault on Blackreach as a good starting point.
Does anyone know of good guides for building structures, terrain, etc. Or, possibly A good place to buy some.

Also, are the Necrons a good army to use for new players? My brother was first interested with Tau but unfortunately, 5e didn't have Tau written I'n, and he likes Necrons as a concept. I'm playing it simpler with Tyranids and Space Marines generally.

What is some of your advice on painting mini's, good paint and glue for WH40K I'n general, and the cheapest place to buy all of these.

Any experiences, stories, words of wisdom, and general advice about gameplay, would also be nice to here.

Cheesegear
2012-05-21, 05:15 AM
Here's something the Playground prepared earlier. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232277)