PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a Sorcerer into Walker In The Waste?

LordotheMorning
2012-05-21, 11:36 AM
I want to combine the Draconic Claws (RotD, swift action attack after casting a spell) feat with the Desiccating Touch class feature offered by Walker In The Waste (from Sandstorm), but unfortunately it requires the ability to cast at least three spells of the Sand or Thirst domain as divine spells. Problem is, I'm a level 2 Sorcerer already. How can I get access to this PrC losing as few caster levels as possible?

Alternatively, are they any other classes that offer this sort of permanent, lich-like touch attack that I can stack onto my natural attacks?

LordBlades
2012-05-21, 11:45 AM
Arcane Disciple:Sand or Thirst to gain access to the necessary spells, then Alternate Spell Source or Southern Magician to cast them as divine should work i think.

Demidos
2012-05-21, 11:47 AM
Sorcerer 6/4 Levels in ur-priest/Dry lich 10?
Im not sure on the skill reqs because I dont know much about getting skills as class skills, and you need 8 ranks in knowledge religion. But that should work.

LordotheMorning
2012-05-21, 01:16 PM
I don't have nearly enough skill points for Ur Priest. I don't see the point either. I'd miss out of on 4 levels of sorcerer casting.

Does Alternative Source Spell work for Sorcerers? The description says you prepare one as the other. I'd also need a level in cleric for this wouldn't I?

Flickerdart
2012-05-21, 01:41 PM
Arcane Preparation (CArc) lets you prepare spells like a Wizard or Cleric would.

LordotheMorning
2012-05-21, 02:56 PM
So the best way we have so far is:

Clr 1- Alternate Source Spell and Arcane Preparation

or

Clr 3

Three levels or a level and two feats. Either way, it looks like this would hurt my caster level quite a bit. I'd be two caster levels behind at minimum. Three, if I want to take Sandshaper to get those spells on my list. Doesn't really seem viable at that point, does it?

I guess maybe as a gestalt it would work. =/