PDA

View Full Version : Burning Plague OOC

azza1988
2012-05-21, 02:19 PM
Hey guys, put any questions or anything not IC in here :)

Mentol
2012-05-21, 02:26 PM
First question:
Should we fill some kind of background story for the characters?

Eonas
2012-05-21, 02:42 PM
How strong is the aura? Also, I make a Spellcraft check to find out what school of magic it is:

[roll0]

(In case you're a little foggy on aspects of the Detect Magic spell, here's the link: Detect Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm).)

azza1988
2012-05-22, 06:59 AM
It's quite feint at this point, but you suspect it'll get stronger the further underground you go.

And mentol you can fill one out if you like =)

Eonas
2012-05-22, 11:35 AM
Wait, but rules-as-written the strength of an aura depends not on distance but rather on spell level. So unless you're house-ruling this, it either is faint or isn't. You're the DM, of course, it's your call how you rule this, but if you've got house-rules in place regarding Detect Magic it would be nice to know about them.

Assuming the spell level for the well is 6 or lower, I'd have succeeded the Spellcraft check with my 21 (DC 15+spell level, so the lowest spell level that could have made me fail is 7). If this is the case, what school of magic is the spell at the bottom of the well?

Sorry if I sound pushy, but I do want to get as much mileage out of my Detect Magic as possible, so hence these questions. :smallsmile:

azza1988
2012-05-22, 06:13 PM
Ah dont worry about it, I should have thought it out a bit more. The spell school is arcane, and you can detect the one aura. If I'm missing out anything else you need to know let me know, sorry >.<

Eonas
2012-05-22, 06:37 PM
No problem. You're doing considerably better than I did on my first attempt at DM'ing.

Is the spell still faint, or is it stronger than that? Also, I believe "school of magic" refers to Abjuration, Divination, Conjuration, or things like that (this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#schoolSubschool) is where I got the info). I might be wrong on this, or you might have a house-rule declaring otherwise (you're the DM, after all)... I merely state my interpretation of the RAW. If the spell level is 7 or higher (aura strength "Strong"), I wouldn't know (DC 22 versus my 21), so don't feel bad about giving me a straight "You don't know" if this is the case.

Hopefully this'll get straightened out soon so we can get the game underway again.

Linguz
2012-05-22, 06:42 PM
No problem. You're doing considerably better than I did on my first attempt at DM'ing.

Is the spell still faint, or is it stronger than that? Also, I believe "school of magic" refers to Abjuration, Divination, Conjuration, or things like that (this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#schoolSubschool) is where I got the info). I might be wrong on this, or you might have a house-rule declaring otherwise (you're the DM, after all)... I merely state my interpretation of the RAW. If the spell level is 7 or higher (aura strength "Strong"), I wouldn't know (DC 22 versus my 21), so don't feel bad about giving me a straight "You don't know" if this is the case.

Hopefully this'll get straightened out soon so we can get the game underway again.

It does give you a school of magic, not just arcane or divine. So if it's a spell effect, spell level of 6 or under, he should know the spell's school. And if the spell level is 1 or under, he should know the spell.

If it's not a spell effect, then it depends on the caster level of the, well, caster. If his/her caster level is 13 or below, he should know the school. (15+ 1/2 of caster level = DC for auras with no spell effect. And you always round down fractions in D&D, by the rules.)

azza1988
2012-05-23, 05:34 AM
Ok, the spell schools evocation. And lets say you can feel the aura strongly as if its continuosly being cast. Is that any better? :)

Eonas
2012-05-23, 11:35 PM
Okay, that helps. But um, what? It's a strong aura? That's spell-level 7 or above, in which case I'd have failed the Spellcraft check and hence wouldn't know the school of magic. What gives?

Linguz
2012-05-23, 11:38 PM
Ok, the spell schools evocation. And lets say you can feel the aura strongly as if its continuosly being cast. Is that any better? :)

From this, what I can get is this:

> You know it's an evocation.
> It feels as if it's being continuously cast. (This part is the DM's decision to give you more information.)
> It's a moderate aura.

So a decent level evocation spell is being channeled into the water.

azza1988
2012-05-25, 04:05 AM
From this, what I can get is this:

> You know it's an evocation.
> It feels as if it's being continuously cast. (This part is the DM's decision to give you more information.)
> It's a moderate aura.

So a decent level evocation spell is being channeled into the water.

What he said, iv not really played a character that deals with magice before so im just learning as i go along.

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 01:50 PM
I just now noticed this thread when I went back to look at character sheets.

And just to make things clear, you can only detect the school if you have LoS on the creature or object that is giving off the aura and waht you know depends on how long you study it

1 round: you know if there is magic
2 round: How many auras there are and the power of the STRONGEST aura(faint, moderate, strong or overwhelming)
3 round: the strength and location of each aura(in this case the well obviously)
If the item or creature bearing the aura is in LoS the caster can make a spellcraft check (DC = 15+ spell level, or 15+ half caster level(the thing that created the auras CL not the caster of the detect magic) for non spell effect (like a creatures special ability) to determine the spells school(conjur, evoc, etc) so if he can't see it he can't know what school it is

If the aura is strong enough it MAY hide weaker auras

For the purposes of aura strength, a 0-3rd level spell is faint, 4-6 is moderate, 7-9th is strong and 10+(such as deity powers) are overwhelming.

And don't forget that certain amounts of objects will block it so unless he is actually looking down the well he probably will not detect much more then a "faint aura of magic from the bottom of the well" depending on how deep the well actually is.

So, from what I can gather, Eonas, all you know, is you sense a strong magical prescence from the well, and that is all you know. if the spells duration was over you would detect a dim lingering aura, you wouldn't be able to know if it was being continually cast, you'd just know that it is THERE if its strong, its in effect, if its dim its just the lingering aura

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:00 PM
I am waiting to see if I see anything looking down teh well before I respond regarding going to the mine which is why I hadn't responded yet

Mentol
2012-05-25, 04:30 PM
And now how can I claim my part of the loot without looking veeery hypocrite? :smallredface:

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:33 PM
In my eyes, quite easily. Just gotta wait until Volke forces it upon you and then grudgingly accept. :3

Oooor, you can hope that the villager gives it to you directly, thanking you for your hard work and telling you that you earned it. :smalltongue:

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:35 PM
or you can read what I just posted and change your opinion, common sense is a wonderful thing

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:35 PM
Or we can take all the reward for ourselves, 'cause we two actually want it. :smallbiggrin:

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:40 PM
ooh or theres my personal favorite... turn evil enslave the town and make them work the mine for us and take ALL the silver and makes tons of money

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:41 PM
But how many slaves would we get?

Mentol
2012-05-25, 04:43 PM
The more I read, the more I like the ideas!. Its a pity that Karim is so stubborn.. :smallbiggrin:

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:44 PM
well, how many people are in the village and hte mine? thats how many, plus we can make them breed or bring in more later if we need to

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:46 PM
Breeding takes too long, since some of us are human.

There are hardly any people capable of working at all, due to the disease.

Bringing in people to work with sick people will get sick.

It'd be a better idea to abandon this town and take a different one.

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:50 PM
well I meant enslave them AFTER we stop the plague

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:51 PM
Ah, but then we would have already been paid and Volke would have no further need for them after making sure they wouldn't die. Plus, we can take on stronger places.

Corsair420
2012-05-25, 04:53 PM
yea but this is a fairly new mine which means there is a lot of silver to be mined which could be ours

Eonas
2012-05-25, 05:46 PM
I've got two ideas:

1. We can cross our bridges when we get there.
2. See 1.

Mentol
2012-05-25, 05:51 PM
can somebody explain this last thing to the poor, dumb spanish? I dont get it :smallredface:

Mentol
2012-05-26, 08:38 AM
I dont want to be picky, but Stodir is wrong. If it can kill all of us in 2 minutes, the first one would stand.. 24 seconds!!! (says someone who couldnt manage to do (6+1-1)x4 to calculate his own skill points..) :smallbiggrin:

Eonas
2012-05-26, 09:09 AM
"Two minutes" was an arbitrary number. For all I know, the spellcaster might be capable of one-rounding us. Since a moderate aura is minimum a level 4 spell, that would indicate that it was cast by a level 7 caster, which is, as you can imagine, way over our heads. We might even be one-rounded. If it's a magic item causing the aura, it would have to be a minimum 6th level spell. Minimum caster level for a level 6th spell is 11, so if it's a single spell completion spell (which I doubt, or it would probably have run out by now, but I'm just giving all the minimum numbers here), RAW that's 6*11*25=1650 GP. Of course, it's probably continuous, in which case it would cost 6*11*2000=132000 GP. That's if the spell and caster level is as low as it could conceivably be. If this is the case, whoever put the magic item there is either insanely lucky, insanely rich, or insanely powerful (to give you an idea, WBL says a level 13 character starts with 110000 GP).

See the picture?

Mentol
2012-05-26, 09:21 AM
Please dont take this the wrong way, but.. You think too much! :smalltongue:

I say we go down there and kick his/her/its mid-to-high-level ass!!!! :smallcool:

Eonas
2012-05-26, 09:44 AM
No, I'm just stating that as long as the DM is following the Rules As Written, we're up for a challenge. I can only hope that the villain is some mastermind somewhere far from the village, so that we can gain some levels before confronting him.

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 10:05 AM
you are either not mentioning or forgetting the single most important part...

We are a level 1 party, unless the DM is a **** we don't face whatever it is until we are at least close to being strong enough to face it...

HOORAY OOC threads!

Saage
2012-05-26, 11:12 AM
Yeah, all true, but ICly speaking, we could as well be facing a lich or a balor out there, so being concerned about survival is more than natural =)

Linguz
2012-05-26, 11:13 AM
Damn it! Why don't we have a bard that can tell us how things are going to go down?

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 11:33 AM
remember dwarves reach adulthood at 40, so at 58 you probably aren't even 20 yet by humans standards Saage

Eonas
2012-05-26, 11:40 AM
you are either not mentioning or forgetting the single most important part...

We are a level 1 party, unless the DM is a **** we don't face whatever it is until we are at least close to being strong enough to face it...

HOORAY OOC threads!

That's the sort of assumption that will get the whole party killed. The DM isn't obligated to throw all balanced encounters at us. If we come across a Great Wyrm, that doesn't mean that we can kill it it. Part of strategy is to know when to fight and when to run. Of course, a DM generally ought to allow smart players a chance to survive unless they made some pretty major mistakes, but if we knowingly walk into an impossible encounter and die, that's our fault for being dumb, not the DM's for being unfair.

Linguz
2012-05-26, 11:44 AM
But we don't know that there's a lich or something there. For all we know, a magic thingy could have fallen into the well's water source by accident and nobody is there to look at it.

Saage
2012-05-26, 11:58 AM
remember dwarves reach adulthood at 40, so at 58 you probably aren't even 20 yet by humans standards Saage
I looked up Eldek's character sheet for his age. It was 22 then (now its 114), which was maybe player's age. So what Stodir tried to say was "I don't think you will live to my current age." Now as Eldek is 114 years old his words make no sense, naturally =).

Corsair420
2012-05-26, 12:22 PM
yea sorry for that, the sheet I used was one I had used to start a human rogue, that I then cleared and re used for this character, I forgot to change teh age when I made him, so that was my fault, so lets just say poof that part of the conversation never happened?

*EDIT* wow my character is turning into a bit of a **** :-) things will get better once we get to the part where I can hit things with my axe though

Saage
2012-05-26, 12:37 PM
yea sorry for that, the sheet I used was one I had used to start a human rogue, that I then cleared and re used for this character, I forgot to change teh age when I made him, so that was my fault, so lets just say poof that part of the conversation never happened?

Alright =)

Eonas
2012-05-26, 12:40 PM
But we don't know that there's a lich or something there. For all we know, a magic thingy could have fallen into the well's water source by accident and nobody is there to look at it.

Hopefully it's something as benign as this. Still, one can't be too careful. The magic item would have had to be made by someone, and someone would have carried it there. Someone who carries around magic items that curse water. Wouldn't seem like a pleasant fellow. Honestly, though, I doubt that it was an accident.

Corsair420
2012-05-27, 10:10 AM
for some reason I seem to not always be getting thread updates for my subscribed threads, I never got an update that said azza responded in the IC thread

Linguz
2012-05-27, 12:47 PM
Did... did we dance to the mine?

Corsair420
2012-05-28, 12:54 PM
I'm a dwarf, dwarves don't dance... unless they are REALLY drunk, so no I'm not dancing.

Also I switched my character sheet over to myth weavers so that it actually keeps track of everything, heres the new link
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405451

azza1988
2012-05-28, 05:56 PM
Guys guys guys!! Stop worrying about the caster level :P i think your forgetting this is a level 1 adventure :P I know iv made some mistakes during this game ( with it being my first time and all) but im sure all will play out fine in the end :P although be prepared to make some fortitude saves ;)

Also, if anyone has any contrsuctive criticism to pass my way, feel free to pass it on to my inbox, its more than welcome :)

Corsair420
2012-05-30, 06:32 PM
thats what I said earlier, you wouldn't throw something at us we cant beat this early unless it was for plot reasons and even then we won't die

Linguz
2012-05-30, 06:34 PM
Volke succeeded in blocking out the noise.

That is all. :smallwink:

Eonas
2012-06-01, 02:35 PM
thats what I said earlier, you wouldn't throw something at us we cant beat this early unless it was for plot reasons and even then we won't die

No, no, and no. The DM can't _force_ us into an encounter we can't beat, that would be unfair. But a DM can feel fully justified in presenting the players with an encounter fully above their level, if he or she gives them the opportunity to discover that the encounter is far above their level. As I said, part of the strategy in D&D is knowing when you're in above your head.

The trap you're falling into is the 4e/MMO mindset that all encounters are supposed to be reasonably balanced, that if the players see an encounter, that encounter is supposed to be beatable for them. That's not the case.

That said, however, the only plot hook the DM dangled at us was this one, so we didn't really have that much of a choice in the matter. So in this case, the DM was sort of forcing us into the adventure, and it would be only fair for him/her to make the adventure at least reasonably survivable.

Corsair420
2012-06-01, 02:39 PM
well I've never played 4e and I never plan do, and there have been PLENTY of times in mmos that i've gone in over my head, I just know what I my characters can handle and I am willing to do the insane stunt to make my victory happen, I once rolled a nat 20 to save my friends life by shooting him through the gut with an arrow with a rope tied to it so he didn't fall into a pit of lava, I sacrificed our freedom to do it, but I got the job done and overcame that encounter. D&D isn't always about winning, its about overcoming the encounter, whether I do that by running away, surrendering or what have you, if I don't die, it's a victory, even if I come out horribly maimed

Mentol
2012-06-03, 11:27 AM
Anybody else is starting to think about this horror movies where the protagonists always split, even when everybody knows that that's the worst thing to do, or it's just me? :smallbiggrin:

Linguz
2012-06-03, 11:29 AM
Anybody else is starting to think about this horror movies where the protagonists always split, even when everybody knows that that's the worst thing to do, or it's just me? :smallbiggrin:

I don't watch horror movies.

Mentol
2012-06-03, 11:31 AM
never? May I ask.. why?

Linguz
2012-06-03, 11:34 AM
never? May I ask.. why?

Being frightened just doesn't appeal to me. Plus, there are never any catchy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8) villain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw) songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmn9iH6bHJc) in them.

Corsair420
2012-06-03, 11:35 AM
I'm always confident my abilities will see me through encounters, and if they don't then it usually makes for an amusing story to tell people

Corsair420
2012-06-03, 11:36 AM
Being frightened just doesn't appeal to me. Plus, there are never any catchy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8) villain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw) songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmn9iH6bHJc) in them.

my friend has been singing those songs for the last month almost non stop... the only one you are missing is the one scar sings from lion king

Linguz
2012-06-03, 11:37 AM
my friend has been singing those songs for the last month almost non stop... the only one you are missing is the one scar sings from lion king

I would have included it, but catchy villain songs only has 3 words.

Mentol
2012-06-03, 11:38 AM
I was about to mention Scar's song! xDD

Mentol
2012-06-04, 09:32 AM
As I said at the beginning, this is the first time I do PbP, so maybe this can not be done, or it slows the game to much or ist just stupid, I dont know.. .

But.. what would happend if we handled the things separately when the characters are separate, with PM or just the spoiler tool?.

I mean, for example: If in this last scene I didnt know already that Volke had fallen in a pit, and just knew that he was not coming back, everything would have been a bit more.. misterious (and if I had fallen in the pit myself, that would have been hilarious :smallbiggrin:)

Anyways, I dont know if that would be too confuse or would need too much work from the DM. What do you think?

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 02:43 PM
he said the hallway was 30 feet long and since its a mine i'm assuming its about 10 feet wide with a normal 5 foot door

Eonas
2012-06-05, 04:03 PM
Hey all,

I'm going through some real life issues right now, and for the moment I have no idea whatsoever what impact this will have on my availability to play/DM games on here. It's perfectly possible that I'll keep on playing soon as if nothing happened, but it's equally possible that I'll have to stop outright. I might post normally for a week, then not at all for another week, then spotty the next. I don't know. I'm truly sorry about this inconvenience.

If somebody wants to take over my character, or replace his/hers with Jaheel, I'm totally fine with that.

-Eonas

Linguz
2012-06-05, 06:48 PM
Can Volke hear anything from the other side? With the crossbow and the like.

Mentol
2012-06-07, 03:38 PM
I have a noob question for you, guys:

It is worth going dual wield before I even get the feat, or am I going to hit myself more often than de enemy if I do so?

Thaankss

Corsair420
2012-06-07, 05:53 PM
you are looking at a -6/-10 to your attack dual wielding, -4/-8 if the off hand is light, so you are better off waiting til you get the feat

Linguz
2012-06-07, 06:20 PM
Don't know if Volke could hear the bolts hit the door or not, so I'm rolling and just tell me if yes or no.

Listen: [roll0]

Linguz
2012-06-07, 06:53 PM
Uh... Corsair, Volke is standing in front of the door right now. :smallannoyed:

Corsair420
2012-06-07, 06:55 PM
ewll, either move out the way or how the hell did you get more then 30 feet in 1 round since speaking is a free action

Linguz
2012-06-07, 06:56 PM
Rogue secret.

Saage
2012-06-09, 10:40 AM
Corsair, are you even alive now? You've been hit really bad by those kobolds.
Also, any suggestions about the cleric? It seems Eonas has left us for good. Should we look for replacement on forums?

Corsair420
2012-06-09, 10:44 AM
I was only hit once my AC is 19, but i did jsut notice the xbow bolt was a crit so there is a good chance of that

Linguz
2012-06-09, 10:56 AM
You've got 14 health. At most, it'll send you into unconsciousness and dying. And then we just have to keep trying First Aid checks. Hopefully we don't fail.

---

Though, now I'm wondering how it got a +2 modifier. I understand a +1, but not a +2.

Corsair420
2012-06-09, 10:58 AM
well he hasn't crit yet if he rolls under my AC its just 9 damage and i'm fine

Linguz
2012-06-09, 11:00 AM
And even if it crits, it'll do 19 damage at max, with 12 damage minimum. Meaning at worst, we'll have 5 turns to take them out and heal you.

Also, any suggestions about the cleric? It seems Eonas has left us for good. Should we look for replacement on forums?

I can get a replacement quickly. I always talk with a friend on these forums and he might be willing to join.

Corsair420
2012-06-10, 11:28 AM
you can't edit rolls once they've been posted, its to prevent tampering, you have to reroll in a new post, its irritating but necessary

Corsair420
2012-06-11, 11:05 AM
so, now that I'm thinking about it, Azza, how are you doing critical damage? my group that I learned with always just doubled the damage rolled(for x2) but others roll twice

Mentol
2012-06-12, 06:44 AM
I have a question, which will show how deep my lack of knowledge of the rules is: :smallredface:

Shoudn't the action of firing a ranged weapon provoke an attack of opportunity? I am talking about the kobold with the crossbow, whom I am attacking...

Linguz
2012-06-12, 11:14 AM
Unless it took a step back, yea. The reloading piece also, but you only get 1 AoO per turn. Also, if any of them reload or fire within 10 feet of Volke, that's an AoO for him.

Corsair420
2012-06-12, 11:16 AM
aye both firing a ranged weapon and reloading a crossbow provoke AoOs, so I'm going to take mine before he fires at me

Linguz
2012-06-12, 11:19 AM
And Volke is going right up to them. If they reload or attack, AoO. If they move back and then reload or attack, AoO. If they move out of his range, AoO. The only thing they can do to not provoke one is to attack with a melee weapon.

Corsair420
2012-06-12, 11:36 AM
Reach weapons are fun especially when you can attack adjacent and at range targets

Corsair420
2012-06-13, 06:42 PM
crap, unless someone takes over we have no bandaid since eonas had real life issues

Linguz
2012-06-13, 08:50 PM
I can get a replacement quickly. I always talk with a friend on these forums and he might be willing to join.

Nobody responded to this...

Mentol
2012-06-14, 10:01 AM
I agree with you telling your friend, since Eonas said he was ok with it...
(maybe the fact that Karim is bleeding helps) :smallbiggrin:

Corsair420
2012-06-14, 10:10 AM
I lost 2/3 of my hp... you aren't the only one

Mentol
2012-06-14, 10:30 AM
I know, I know.. join me then, in the request for a healer!! :smallwink:

Electrobolt
2012-06-14, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm the friend that Linguz was referring to. Anyways, gold and stat roll time

Gold: [roll0] x10

Stats:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Well, here's Jamben (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411634)... Had a field day trying to figure out how to keep him under light load, but I managed... With .2 lbs to spare x_x

Mentol
2012-06-15, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the game!

Electrobolt
2012-06-15, 11:03 PM
So... How should I enter the campaign now? Any ideas?

Corsair420
2012-06-16, 09:47 AM
well, I think given the circumstances, you should just replace eonas' character, ie he is now you, you know everything that happened and were in the battle we just had, 100% replacement in the story

Mentol
2012-06-16, 10:42 AM
well, I think given the circumstances, you should just replace eonas' character, ie he is now you, you know everything that happened and were in the battle we just had, 100% replacement in the story

yeah, I think that's the best idea

Corsair420
2012-06-16, 06:42 PM
we shoudl wait to see what Azza says too

Mentol
2012-06-19, 10:09 AM
well.. unless this flour made it harder for them to hit me, I'm down...

Mentol
2012-06-21, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I know I should have waited.. But since the DM didnt say anything regarding Electrobolt and he writed that I had already unlocked the door, I thought he wanted me to open the door..

(I know, it was a bad idea) Thanks for the aid, anyway...

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 11:19 AM
also i looked, you have AC 16 only one of those attacks hit you and for 3 damage, how much hp did oyu have?

Mentol
2012-06-21, 12:53 PM
Normaly 9, but the other one hit me for 7, so I was at 2.

The point is that this guy hit me with a 16, so maybe if the flour had any effect whatsoever, I may be still on my feet..

We`ll have to wait for the DM to say.

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 01:10 PM
Well if you are done my action saves you from being more down hopefully, if not i'd say get out of the way so i can be a short wall :-p hopefully we'll get word about electrobolt and be able to get some heals, cause i'm not exactly in peak condition either

Linguz
2012-06-21, 01:14 PM
Also, you're flatfooted in that attack. Don't forget that.

Electrobolt
2012-06-21, 01:39 PM
Well if you are done my action saves you from being more down hopefully, if not i'd say get out of the way so i can be a short wall :-p hopefully we'll get word about electrobolt and be able to get some heals, cause i'm not exactly in peak condition either

I sent a PM, and am awaiting word on this...

Mentol
2012-06-21, 05:03 PM
Why am I flatfooted?

I mean: it's not like they got me by surprise.. I stopped and listened before opening, just to know if there were anybody at the other side and I had confirmed that there WAS somebody at the other side..

Linguz
2012-06-21, 05:04 PM
Simple D&D rules. Your round hadn't come yet.

Mentol
2012-06-21, 05:06 PM
Then I'll shut up and go to my corner to die..

xDD

(although, just curious: wouldn't be considered the action of opening the door as a part of the combat?)
(I said it at the beginning, my grasp on the rules is... "not complete" to say the last)

Linguz
2012-06-21, 05:12 PM
The rules themselves don't really make all that much sense. Both sides could be ready to fight, but the first one to go will find the other flat-footed.

Mentol
2012-06-21, 05:17 PM
hmm.. in that case the first one also hit me, and for the wonderful amount of 9 points of damage.

Now I have to rely on this stupid flour not just to stay on my feet, but to stay alive.
Damn me and my impulsive instincts!! :smallannoyed:

Linguz
2012-06-21, 05:20 PM
Don't worry, we'll bring a healer to you eventually.

@Azza: I just got a way to get Electro in. Volke goes out to find a cleric and returns with him. Yes, no?

azza1988
2012-06-21, 05:41 PM
so, now that I'm thinking about it, Azza, how are you doing critical damage? my group that I learned with always just doubled the damage rolled(for x2) but others roll twice

Yeh i think it'd be easier if we just just doubled the damage rolls for crits.

Shoudn't the action of firing a ranged weapon provoke an attack of opportunity? I am talking about the kobold with the crossbow, whom I am attacking

If you were in close proximity to them and tehy had to reload before they fired then you'd get ann AoO, but because they were waiting in ambush cocked and loaded they got their attacks in first.

hmm.. in that case the first one also hit me, and for the wonderful amount of 9 points of damage.

Now I have to rely on this stupid flour not just to stay on my feet, but to stay alive.
Damn me and my impulsive instincts!!

Dont worry the flour doesnt deal any damage, all it does is reduce chances to hit on boths side, its still only a 10% reduction though.

Also if Electro would still like to join i think it'd be easier if he just straight up relaced Eonas character, as if he was with us all along. Just it wouldnt make much sense story wise to go out and find a healer all the while being chased by Kobolds. So if he'd still like to join his more than welcome.

Linguz
2012-06-21, 05:43 PM
Also if Electro would still like to join i think it'd be easier if he just straight up relaced Eonas character, as if he was with us all along. Just it wouldnt make much sense story wise to go out and find a healer all the while being chased by Kobolds. So if he'd still like to join his more than welcome.

With his own character, correct?

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 06:40 PM
just like I said, Eonas is now electro, the end.. when he gets his char made he can just start healing... cause we need it

Linguz
2012-06-21, 06:41 PM
He does have his character made.

Electrobolt
2012-06-21, 07:23 PM
Ok, before I post, having Jamben heal you guys up, tell me: Who all is injured, and how much damage was taken?

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 08:21 PM
Karim(mentol) has taken like... 9 hes bleeding out. I have taken 9 but have 5 hp left and I am standing in the doorway where kobolds dwell

Electrobolt
2012-06-21, 08:28 PM
Alright, so Karim takes first priority, being that he's in the red... Got it, thanks for the heads up

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 09:09 PM
I'm capable of standing on my won until you can heal me, the guy choking on his own blood is definitely more important :-p

Mentol
2012-06-22, 05:01 AM
I could not agree more!!! :smallbiggrin:

azza1988
2012-06-22, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, just checking but would anyone be interested in carrying on the campaign after this adventure because i've got a great idea for a new story, wich im planning on turning into a larger scale story as it goes on.

Linguz
2012-06-22, 02:37 PM
Yea, but I'm a bit confused. What do you mean?

Mentol
2012-06-22, 02:41 PM
As long as I survive this damn kobolds, I'm in!! :smallbiggrin:

Corsair420
2012-06-22, 03:08 PM
i'm alwys in, if the game gets boring i'm the kind of player who will force the DM to do things... like changing the entire lore of his world because i burned the 2nd largest city in the world to the ground all because he didn't have any planned for us on game day

Linguz
2012-06-22, 03:15 PM
i'm alwys in, if the game gets boring i'm the kind of player who will force the DM to do things... like changing the entire lore of his world because i burned the 2nd largest city in the world to the ground all because he didn't have any planned for us on game day

That DM's silly. He has to learn to improvise.

Mentol
2012-06-22, 03:15 PM
I write down this excuse for the next time I open a door before the healing is done! xDD

Corsair420
2012-06-22, 06:48 PM
thats what i'm saying I forced him to improvise, he wasn't ready so i forcced him to change teh lore of his entire world... he soon after made us stop the evil campaign and started a good campaign so we could go stop ourselves from our evilness

Linguz
2012-06-22, 06:51 PM
Well, that's not so much improv as forcing him to remake the world. Which is a **** move.

Corsair420
2012-06-22, 07:30 PM
well he had to do it on the fly cause we kept going after the battle, and hes the DM he coulda said no you aren't allowed to do that... but he let it happen

Linguz
2012-06-22, 07:34 PM
But a DM really can't stop you. He's supposed to give you a setting, a plot, and a few other things, not dictate what you can and can't do.

Corsair420
2012-06-22, 09:13 PM
when it comes to effecting something as big as one of the largest cities in the world i might make an exception

azza1988
2012-06-24, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, just wondering what the hold up with the campaign is?

Corsair420
2012-06-24, 10:30 AM
I thought we were waiting for you to tell us things... if we aren't I'll go look at the IC thread and figure out what we want to do next.

I'm assuming you left the key in the door mentol? after you opened it and got pin cushioned? :-p

azza1988
2012-06-24, 10:32 AM
Ah right i was waiting for everyone else to take there turns so i could reply to everyone at once =P

Electrobolt
2012-06-26, 10:52 AM
Oh wow, Jamben healed up Eldek rather nicely :P

Linguz
2012-06-26, 11:42 AM
Is there any possibility of getting a map?

Corsair420
2012-06-26, 11:45 AM
awesome, I was worried about a low hp heal

Mentol
2012-06-26, 05:11 PM
I wonder why your prepared, magic-aided, full-healed attack was more succesfull than mine... xD

(I guess I should go there and try to help?)

Corsair420
2012-06-28, 05:21 PM
I was gonna say something here but I forgot what it was, so i'll just fill this with nonsense a bit...

also an 8 on a fort save doesn't get someone infected with this plague? unless it is poison in which case its a 10 thats a really low infection rate...

but then again unlike some, we are being forced to roll every time we get exposed to it...it could spread quickly

Mentol
2012-06-28, 05:28 PM
I'm confused... The rolls you and I made are quite different to the rolls that azza quoted. What's happening? Which ones are valid?
For example, your fortitude roll appears to me as a 20, but azza's quote is an 8..

Corsair420
2012-06-28, 05:39 PM
huh... I have no idea... that is really weird...

Linguz
2012-06-28, 05:55 PM
I'm confused... The rolls you and I made are quite different to the rolls that azza quoted. What's happening? Which ones are valid?
For example, your fortitude roll appears to me as a 20, but azza's quote is an 8..

Simple. Example:

I put [roll0] here: [roll0]

And then rolled here: [roll0]

See what happened?

Also, any chance of a map? (Asking again)

Corsair420
2012-06-28, 05:58 PM
I have no clue what you just did linguz

Linguz
2012-06-28, 06:25 PM
Simple. Example:

I put [roll0] here: [roll0]

And then rolled here: [roll0]

See what happened?

Also, any chance of a map? (Asking again)

Okay, now let me explain then. Look above, do you see how the two rolls are in [roll0] instead of an actual roll?

When you roll, it saves the actual roll to your entire post as [roll#]. So if you quote a post with a roll AND roll in the same thread, the quoted roll changes from [roll0] to the actual roll.

Corsair420
2012-06-28, 06:39 PM
ok I see... think thered be a way around that... oh well

azza1988
2012-06-29, 06:06 AM

Hmm, im not quite sure whats happened there =\ and incase it happens again I'll be going with the rolls in the players original post.

Is there any possibility of getting a map?

I can try draft one up must im not sure how i'd go around uploading it, bare with me and I'll try figure it out.

Corsair420
2012-07-13, 05:17 PM
ok we've looted this room of what we're gonna find for now I think, what are our options to go to next? I kinda forgot the lay out of everything

Corsair420
2012-07-15, 10:05 PM
*bump* don't want this to die

Linguz
2012-07-15, 10:06 PM
*Hump*
*Extra characters*

azza1988
2012-07-16, 06:01 AM
The next option is to go down the other hall way (the one with the pit wich you can easily bypass now its been sprung) and carry on further into the mine

Mentol
2012-07-16, 07:10 AM
so, let's do it!

Linguz
2012-07-16, 07:20 AM
*Cheers* Let's go erryone!

azza1988
2012-07-17, 03:09 PM
Hey guys i've uploaded a map to the first page of the game thread, were now into area 5. Areas 3 & 4 are the areas we've just cleared.

azza1988
2012-07-28, 03:25 PM
Im just waiting on mentol to make a post and we'll carry on.

Mentol
2012-07-29, 06:58 AM
Sorry guys!! I had some friends visiting this last days and I was quite busy... I should have told you. : (

azza1988
2012-07-29, 08:31 AM
No worries man :)

Mentol
2012-08-09, 06:54 AM
I dont know why, but the forum is not telling me anymore when somebody replies the thread...

azza1988
2012-09-01, 12:18 PM
Hey guys is there a reason the games come to a stand still?

Corsair420
2012-09-01, 12:41 PM
I thought we were watinig for someone to post I haven't got a topic update email in awhile, I'll go look at the IC thread now

Mentol
2012-09-01, 12:43 PM
Yeah, me too..
I was waiting for the combat to "start"
Should we just roll iniciative, or post the combat actions?

Corsair420
2012-09-01, 12:45 PM
so far we've kinda just been going whoever posts first is first in intiative order and tis worked well, i've been waiting til azza says eveyrone has posted or tells me its my turn again with combat, if we want to start rolling init thats cool too

Mentol
2012-09-01, 12:51 PM
So let's just get this party started!! (or continued, in this case) :smallbiggrin:

Corsair420
2012-09-01, 12:57 PM
you missed :-p also

LETS ROCK AND ROLL BITCHES WOOOOOOOO!!!

Mentol
2012-09-01, 12:58 PM
you missed :-p also

LETS ROCK AND ROLL BITCHES WOOOOOOOO!!!

i know. Let's just face it: I SUUCK!!! :smallredface:

Corsair420
2012-09-01, 01:02 PM
its not everyone is cut out to be a damage dealing meat shield like me

Mentol
2012-09-01, 01:04 PM
its not everyone is cut out to be a damage dealing meat shield like me

I know, I am more of the "no damage dealing weak meat shield" type... What can I say.. it just matches my personality.. xDDD

azza1988
2012-09-01, 04:41 PM
Sorry guys didnt realise people still werent getting updates, ill send you guys a message each time i post. I wont be able to post in the IC thread tonight as iv only got access to my phone and its a hell of a hassle to make dice rolls from it.

Corsair420
2012-09-01, 05:42 PM
I don't think you need to do that, I just think we need to check the thread ourselves if there hasn't been a psot in awhile

Corsair420
2012-09-04, 09:23 AM
I'm waiting for a response to my question before I do anything, not sure about the others besides karim

Linguz
2012-09-04, 09:32 AM
Volke won't be charging in first.

Mentol
2012-09-29, 11:11 AM
I have to admit I had lost the pace... I was waiting because I was not sure if we were on a new round, since the last post was only about one zombi..