PDA

View Full Version : Random Adventures OOC (D&D 3.5)



Pages : 1 [2] 3

Lexin
2012-09-02, 06:30 PM
Good god, Lexin! I'm not even finished getting ready for work, and you've already got that cranked out. :smallcool:

You win the XP!

There's your stat block, AshesofOld. Meet Sugarcane. Your little pony.

Yay! Closer and closer to level up!

(And I don't have even slightest idea what to do then):smalltongue:

Croverus
2012-09-02, 07:36 PM
I like that I'm as fast as the pony.

Jungian
2012-09-02, 09:36 PM
A life where a donkey is not able to embarrass you, is a life not truly lived.

Obviously Oscar was a fan of adventure novels as a child.

missmvicious
2012-09-02, 11:20 PM
Okay so I seriously need to catch up some on that RPXP so descriptive skills don't fail me now!


Edit
So I even researched a specific type of smile in order to properly do it justice. Fyi you all totally feel more positive after seeing that smile, cos thats the effect that it has.
It is real life magic. :smallcool:

AshesOfOld
2012-09-03, 04:00 AM
Wow, thanks Lexin! Nice job.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-05, 11:26 AM
Felix shows off his poker face.
http://stylewithanna.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lady-gaga-poker-face-outfit.jpg

No one can read it.

Lexin
2012-09-05, 11:35 AM
... no comments...


http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_482/1267215401sF7x4e.jpg

missmvicious
2012-09-05, 02:20 PM
You all are quite silly.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-07, 12:07 PM
Alright, folks. Here's what I could slap together before the laptop battery died:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/Random%20Adventures/NWBattleFormation.jpg

The two covered wagons in front represent your client.
The two carts behind that represent two separate merchants.
Each mule and commoner combo represents another merchant.

In total, there are six groups traveling with you. I know the battle grid is on its side, I struggled with mapmaking today.

Anyway, please feel free to make any corrections to marching order/battle formation now. Here were my thoughts:

Gwen and Oscar are in the back:
Gwen: G2
Oscar: E2

Since Oscar is your only ranged damage dealer, but may need a meat shield in case of a rear assault.

Felix and Fimble are in flank:
Felix: E13
Fimble: K13

Since you are mounted and can therefore maneuver from front to rear as needed.

Gordid takes the advance:
He's got no ranks in Spot or Listen, but he's a heavy damage dealer with good HP, and bonus to attack or defend against many of the common monstrous races in the region. I figure even if he doesn't see them coming, at least he'll make for a good intruder alarm when he screams in rage and pain.

If you didn't have a character image, I just used your GitP avatar. Jungian, yours is really hard to see on this map. If you (or any of the rest of you) have a different image in mind that you'd like me to use, please post it here in the OOC. My advice is not to let it be too busy of an image. Something like a face shot or a clip art seems to work best. Best to search for square shaped images with white, or high contrast backgrounds.

Example:
http://www.imarvintpa.com/Mapping/Tokens/Good%20humanoids/dwarf2.png

Lexin
2012-09-07, 12:14 PM
Umm, I have a one that could fit to a mage... I think it is a gnome though...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/Priestess_Riona/gnome-top-hat.jpg

missmvicious
2012-09-07, 07:50 PM
Umm, I have a one that could fit to a mage... I think it is a gnome though...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/Priestess_Riona/gnome-top-hat.jpg

That is a sweet pic.

Also everyone Inex spent like 4 hours making that map so show him much love.

Jungian
2012-09-07, 09:23 PM
I agree that is a fabulous pic. For the moment that I gladly will use that as an avatar for Oscar. In fact it will probably end up as the final image. If only his beard came to a single point, and he was a bit taller.

I need to actually update my spells prepared.

Inex the map is actually quite good. The covered wagons seem really familiar but I can't recall from where.

Poor Oscar, downwind from so many pack animals.

Croverus
2012-09-08, 01:02 PM
Gordid probably wouldn't have it any other way. Even a lucky enemy crit has a low chance of bringing him down and he keeps his axe on his shoulder so when combat start he can rage and dive right in.

I'm imagining Gordid being the first to be dropped below 0, just because my characters in every game I've joined seem to have a habbit of going down first. (It could be because I play melee fighters that wade into combat.)

inexorabletruth
2012-09-08, 01:37 PM
It mainly took so long, because I was juggling our son and computer time, and I am awful with GIMP.

I worked with Adobe, and only Adobe, for so long that it's nearly impossible to use anything else. But thanks for the props.

Anyway, I'll use a cropped version of that image from now on.

missmvicious
2012-09-09, 02:28 AM
I almost never go down IC. Maybe because some of the characters I've had a lot of combats with weren't front line fighters and the front line fighters I've used were in ... 4th edition! *bom bom bom* and you know those guys are like just fountains of health.

Summery of my 4th edition characters
-I'm gonna magically appear above this person wielding a scythe like a badass specter of death.
-I'm gonna break down this effing wall with my giant hammer and crush the blood out of my foes...and sleep with NPCs.

At least it makes me feel boss.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-09, 04:31 AM
Felix and Fimble are in flank:
Felix: E13
Fimble: K13


Nice map, man! Seems you've got Fimble and Felix mixed up, though. Fimble is the gnome paladin and Felix is the healthy halfling.

Lexin
2012-09-09, 05:42 AM
Nice map, man! Seems you've got Fimble and Felix mixed up, though. Fimble is the gnome paladin and Felix is the healthy halfling.

And here I thought the diet finally worked!!
(only 2 chickens for breakfast)
Aww.


Awesome map by the way...:smallbiggrin:

inexorabletruth
2012-09-09, 03:22 PM
Sorry about that. :smalleek: The names are so similar, I sometimes trip myself up on that, especially if I'm distracted while posting.

Ok everyone:
Go ahead and give me standard adventuring rolls:
Spot, Listen, Fort vs. Cold.

If you are moving stealthily, feel free to throw in some Move Silently and Hide Checks.

The Fort vs. Cold isn't for right now, but it's going to get cold later. I don't feel like that's meta-knowledge. It would be common surface-dweller knowledge that it's cold up north. Don't forget your bonuses if you bought winter blankets, winter clothes, or anything else that would give you circumstance bonuses. You'll be able to break camp before dark, which is when it's really gonna get chilly, so add sleeping gear bonuses as well.

According to FR Wiki (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Port_Llast), it's about 35 miles to Port Llast. At 12 miles/day (carriage speed) it's going to take three days to get there.

Lexin
2012-09-09, 03:29 PM
Umm, there are no listed bonuses for blankets/bedrolls/tents (unless I just missed them)

There is +5 bonus for clothes Cold Weather Outfit though.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

vs Cold [roll2]

AshesOfOld
2012-09-09, 03:51 PM
No worries. The DM from the other campaign I'm in consistently misspells my character's name, even though I've pointed it out to him :smalleek:. Ahh, well. The dangers of D&D I guess. I can't remember half the names of his NPCs anyway.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

I couldn't find any listing of those bonuses either, but Fimble does have both a traveler's outfit, a bedroll and a winter blanket.

vs Cold [roll2]

EDIT: Right, so minus 5 = 14

Lexin
2012-09-09, 03:54 PM
No worries. The DM from the other campaign I'm in consistently misspells my character's name, even though I've pointed it out to him :smalleek:. Ahh, well. The dangers of D&D I guess. I can't remember half the names of his NPCs anyway.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

I couldn't find any listing of those bonuses either, but Fimble does have both a traveler's outfit, a bedroll and a winter blanket.

vs Cold [roll2]

Umm, I am afraid the +5 is from cold weather clothes. Not just any kind...

missmvicious
2012-09-09, 11:05 PM
So guess which super hot paladin is totally not prepared one bit for the cold.
HINT >Gwen
So yeah I am gonna be freezing my butt off I know.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Fort [roll2]
Well at least I rocked that.
Move Silently (not sure how often I'd be doing that...) [roll3]
Hide (you know just in case or what eves) [roll4]

and how bout Diplomacy to make some friends amongst the merchants (preferable someone with like a stock of winter blankets :smallwink:)
[roll5]

Oh and maybe we'll like level up before I freeze, upping that Fort save some.

Jungian
2012-09-10, 07:54 AM
Having difficulty accessing my sheet at the moment, here are my rolls and I'll add my modifiers later today (unless inex has them)

Fortitude [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

Diplomacy [roll3]

Knowledge Nature for general beasties [roll4]
Untrained Knowledge (not sure if we are allowing this) [roll5]

inexorabletruth
2012-09-10, 12:35 PM
@ AshesofOld: The PHB left a lot of things to the DMs discretion on that. I try to be reasonable, and base it on its IRL purpose, and filter that through the DMG, so it doesn't overlap the bennies of some other item.

Here's what I'd say each the items you listed can do:


Traveler's Outfit: Provides pockets for small item carriage and comfortable travel in normal weather conditions. We'll say from about 40◦ Fahrenheit to 84◦ Fahrenheit. It will protect (no Fort vs. Fatigue required) against Light and Moderate wind as listed on DMG page 95. It will also protect against some precipitation: light rain, thin sleet, and a light flurry of snow. Without clothes, you would be completely exposed to the elements and would basically roll a Fort Save vs. Something every hour.

Bedroll: Protects against Fatigue in normal weather conditions. Sleeping on bare rock will make you toss and turn all night, and it's unlikely that you'd be able to get 8 hours of sleep unless you were just totally exhausted. A bedroll helps you get that beauty rest you need.

Winter Blanket: Here's the crazy part. PHB pg 126-

"... made to keep you warm in cold weather."
Sounds innocuous enough. Warm, by DMG standards, is between 60◦ and 85◦ F. Which means you don't need to roll Fort vs. Cold while using a Winter Blanket. I'll also rule that they can protect somewhat against rain and sleet. However, if a Winter Blanket gets completely soaked, it will lose its resistance against cold until it's dry again.

But here's what I know about winter blankets IRL: they're heavy and bulky. Walking with a winter blanket would require both your hands, so you would have to drop it to do anything involving your hands. They catch the wind, so toppling conditions would be raises one step higher, so a Small characters could be Knocked Down in strong winds (21-30 mph) and in Medium characters could be Checked in strong winds unless they let go of the blanket.

Incidentally, a Tent will protect against Rain (but not a flood), Snow (but not Heavy Snow), Sleet, and Hail (to a certain extent. See below). It will also protect against Storms, but not Powerful Storms, as defined in DMG pg. 94. It isn't much help against cold, but it will provide some shade against heat. There's no hard rule on how much help shade provides against heat, so I did some online research at some meteorological websites and learned what I already knew... no hard rule. The effects of shade against heat can vary depending on a seemingly never-ending list of variables. But this is a fantasy setting that is based on percentages and tables, so I'll rule that it can reduce the temperate by about 20% on temperatures above moderate (40-60 in the daytime). So, if it's 100 out there, it's 80 in the tent. If it's 80 out there, it's 64 in the tent. If it's 60 out there... it's 60 in the tent. That seems to be about as close to accurate as I can get without getting stupid about it.


If you, or anyone else, has any questions about their gear that doesn't have a clearly stated stat in the PHB, please ask. It's only fair that you know how the mechanics in the world your characters exist in works. Also, if you have a suggestion for how something should work, let me know.

**Severe Hail does 1 point of lethal damage per storm. That sounds a bit weak, but that's RAW. If you're under a tent at the time, the tent takes the damage. Once the tent runs out of HP, the tent tears/breaks/collapses and becomes useless.

@ Miss: If ever RP could effect a roll, it would be on a Dip check. Bad PC *squirts you with water*... no RPXP for you. Roll-play is only acceptable if it is complimented by role-play. Add some awkward dialog to that 9 Dip and you might've at least gotten an RPXP bump for your trouble. And look what you did. You've got Jungian doing it too. :smallyuk:

@ Jungian: I do. But I accidentally opened your Eustace Burbeard character and was confused at first. How's the Sky Pirates campaign going, btw? Anyway, here's your bonuses:
Fort: +2 (no help from equipment)
Spot: +2
Listen: +2
Diplomacy: +2 (no penalty while talking to Jarvis due to Courtier's clothes)
Knowledge Nature: +8
General INT: +4

By RAW, untrained Knowledge checks are DC 10 and cannot give you more than a DC 10 level of information (Common Knowledge). Since you knocked that out of the park, I'm going to say you're the first to have common knowledge about something.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-10, 03:10 PM
@ Inex: TBH I've never played a game where we really bothered with weather conditions, unless they were extreme (and oftenso coherent with the plot). It just seemed to be too much of a hassle, without contributing terribly to the whole experience. I do get it, though! The whole submersive thing. So if it floats your (and the others) boat, I'll do my best to play along.
I also think all you 'mericans should start using celsius, it just makes a whole lot more sense in my eyes :smalltongue:. And throw in the metric system too, while you're at it.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-10, 03:44 PM
Immersive is great, imho. That's what I like about 3.5 over 4E.

In 4E, we don't bother with rations, torches, backpacks, bedrolls, water, etc. We save all our money for the magical swag and dive from dungeon to dungeon because there are almost no penalties/bennies for having standard travel crap.

In 3.5 though, everything has a stat, and I try to make sure our players benefit from that. That way, the PC who stocks up on traveler gear is being rewarded for suspending disbelief and getting involved in the world. I often will take that to even another level.

In one of my campaigns, a Druid did some research to enhance his Knowledge: Nature checks. He found that the fibers from a plant seed indigenous to a tropical setting could be wrapped around arrows to improve their accuracy. He showed me the links and asked if his Druid would know that and if it would have an impact on the game. I told him to roll a Nature check. He rolled well, so I set a Craft DC and told him that any arrow he wrapped that fiber to would have a +1 to attack. So, by rolling Survival checks and Craft checks each night, he was basically able to equip all the ranged combatants with low-budget MW arrows, since it didn't cost anything to forage for fibers and they already owned the arrows. It was a neat little trick for a resourceful level 1 Druid to play.

And, about the Fahrenheit... I'm with you. Celsius is totally easier to work with, but D&D uses Farenheit and good old SAE measurements. So... :smalltongue:

inexorabletruth
2012-09-11, 12:40 AM
Rolling for Gordid:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Fort v Cold: [roll2]

Add 2 to that WIS check.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-11, 06:53 AM
That's cool. I've never played 4e myself, but i guess it just comes down to what playstyle you grew up with. But I see your point, and I'll definitely play along :smallsmile:.

Lexin
2012-09-11, 08:49 AM
So much more to think about.

... but it does sound fun...

Lexin
2012-09-11, 08:58 AM
Sorry for double posting... but I want to try to confirm critical, just in case they attack us...

[roll0]
[roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-09-11, 11:46 AM
Ugh. I forgot that Oscar's in a cart.

However!

I found a nice gentlemanly old-timey photo of a man in a cart, that we're using as you when your saddled up for adventure. I even think I managed to preserve your character's dignity! There are many photos and drawings of aristocrats on carts... nearly all of which are meant to look hilarious.

Lexin
2012-09-11, 12:24 PM
Oh, sorry about rolling init, I forgot about it...

Does my action work, or do I need to roll again (probably no critical hit this time...)

inexorabletruth
2012-09-11, 12:30 PM
@ Lexin:
This was a prepared ambush, so Bandits 2 and 1 also had prepared attacks once your caravan reached a certain point.

The only way to resolve it, then (as far as I know) was through INIT rolls. So, I'm theorizing that they were just quicker on the draw. You can still use your Crit, just declare your enemy.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-11, 03:29 PM
@Inex :
Fimble: (1d20+2)[8] (from riding dog)

Fimble is still the paladin, riding Sugarcane.
No worries, mate :smallamused:. I do it myself all the time. And nobody ever gets my real life name wrong, for some reason...

I can't recall, do we post in init order, or just what we aim to do for the round?

inexorabletruth
2012-09-12, 08:34 AM
Slaps self on forehead. I did it again?

You can use Sugarcanes init bonus (which I think is only +1) or yours. Whichever is higher, since you both move together.

Please post in initiative order. It makes for better combat strategy that way, and it helps me make sense of the action. If someone doesn't post in their turn within 24 hours of the last player's post, they delay action until the end of the round and the next player in line gets to go. If that person who delayed action doesn't post their action within 24 hours of the last poster in the round, they skip their turn for that round.

If you know you won't be able to keep up the pace because of internet or scheduling issues, just PM me with basic combat instructions, like "just have my character guard the caravan" or just have my character attack anything that is closest to me and within range of my [insert specific weapon here]" and I'll carry those orders out.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-12, 01:02 PM
Right. Guess that has me at 7 init, along with Gwen and bandit 4.

Jungian
2012-09-12, 01:12 PM
So we are still in surprise round correct? Could I adjust my spell list at this point. Lots of exams this week that I just finished today. Freedom for 4 days.

missmvicious
2012-09-12, 02:49 PM
Thumb twiddling ho! Wait can I still talk during a surprise round?

inexorabletruth
2012-09-13, 12:56 AM
@ Jungian: Yes. We're patiently waiting for Gordid. I PM'd Croverus. He has until noon tomorrow. So, go ahead and re-work your spells.

@ Miss M. Vicious: Yes, but please be reasonable about it. Talking is a free action and doesn't really count as part of a turn, but a text wall, mid-combat, would be out of place and would not suspend disbelief.

Each round lasts about six seconds, with everything happening at once. So basically, if you wanted to convey a message to someone verbally, you'd have six seconds to say it. If you wanted them to actually be able to absorb the message and react to it this round, you'd want to restrict your message to 3 seconds or less.

There's a reason why, in combat, battle commands sound like this:
"Attack!"
"Retreat!"
"Right flank! Right flank!"
"Formations!"
etc.

I'm not going to be a nazi about this, but I'd like to see us stay in the spirit of battle if at all possible.

missmvicious
2012-09-13, 04:03 PM
Grumble grumble, takes improved init, rolls nat 1s on init check.

Jungian
2012-09-14, 05:56 PM
I'll be posting later tonight, before 11 pm eastern time. One question I have is the general direction of the cave, how far is it from Oscar and gwens position? Also the width of the cave as well.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-15, 10:14 AM
Sorry for not posting yesterday, we had IRL issues to deal with.

Foulmouth Cave is located on the battle map: M5 to O5.

All the terrain on the battle map is interactive, and to scale. For example:


White areas are at least partially covered in frost or snow. I won't make this effect normal movement, but I may ask you to do some balance checks, reflex saves, or tumble checks if you wish to do something incredibly acrobatic.
The pit from R8:S9 is a functioning pit. Stepping in a cell that is partially occupied by the pit is a slip hazard. Roll a balance check or slip into the pit. Any cells with thick brush can be used as cover or concealment as appropriate.

missmvicious
2012-09-16, 02:00 AM
Sorry for not posting yesterday, we had IRL issues to deal with.

Foulmouth Cave is located on the battle map: M5 to O5.

All the terrain on the battle map is interactive, and to scale. For example:


White areas are at least partially covered in frost or snow. I won't make this effect normal movement, but I may ask you to do some balance checks, reflex saves, or tumble checks if you wish to do something incredibly acrobatic.
The pit from R8:S9 is a functioning pit. Stepping in a cell that is partially occupied by the pit is a slip hazard. Roll a balance check or slip into the pit. Any cells with thick brush can be used as cover or concealment as appropriate.


IRL issues, aka our baby's birthday! He is two. Also there is a very real chance Inex won't be posting the 18th (tuesday) because I have an action packed birthday celebration planned for that day. (also boarderlands two is coming out that day and I pre ordered not one, but two copies of that for us)

Anyways just four more people's turns before its my turn :D

Lexin
2012-09-16, 06:32 AM
About Inex and MissM: ... You are epic...





About game: I have almost no internet till 20th, so sorry if I miss my turn/ post with long delay...

inexorabletruth
2012-09-16, 01:14 PM
Thanks, though I'm not sure what we did to earn epic status. :smallsmile:

Anyway Lexin, if you'd like, you can do what I do when I know I'll be AFK for a while.

Just set up a list of prepared actions. I'm a PC in a game right now where the DM's posting frequency is very erratic, and if we're in battle I don't want to be the reason we have to slow down and wait, so I'll list some if/and/or instructions about my character's next action. It clutters the board if everyone does that, but if you know that you can't be online frequently then just posting your character's next intended action goes a long way to streamlining the game.

Be sure to include all relevant rolls with your options though. For instance:

Grummelbuffin, the mighty Gnome Barbarian, peers down the alleyway in the direction of the faint shuffling heard by his keen ears:
Spot: [roll0]

If he can see the source of the sound, and determines it to be the assassin who killed his brother:
then he's going to charge in with a furious roar, Gnome Hooked Hammer sweeping in for the groin... there is a price to pay for killing a member of the savage, and often misunderstood, Tealeaf Clan.

"GRRAAAAAGH," he shrieks wildly!
Move: Charge (AC reduced to 98)
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If he can see the source of the sound, but it's not the assassin:
then he's going to charge the guy, slam him against the wall and roar, "Which way did he go?! WHICH WAY?!"

Move: Charge
Attack (Grapple):

AoO vs. AC 98 (-2 for Charging)
Melee Touch Attack: [roll3]
Hold: [roll4]
Maintain: AoO vs. AC 98


If he can't see anything:
then he's going to pull out his sunrod, clang it against his mighty Gnome Hooked Hammer to light it and tosses it in the direction of the sound.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are."

(Obviously all the stats are made up. But now I want to create Grummelbuffin Tealeaf... Gnome Barbarian.)

I'm not sure what's up with Croverus, but if he doesn't post within 24 hours of Lexin's post (which would be 3:30 by my clock) then the wagons and carts don't move unless attacked or ordered to move, so they will work as cover. Which means Fimble and Gwen go next.

missmvicious
2012-09-16, 04:40 PM
We are pretty epic. (also don't know why though)

It appears that Croverus has not posted which makes it Fimble's turn.
So close to my turn, so close.

missmvicious
2012-09-17, 01:02 PM
I finally got to go and all I did was pull my weapon out.

missmvicious
2012-09-17, 02:48 PM
Hey Ashes, how much healing do you think your character is gonna be doing? I know between the two of us next level we will be able to heal a whopping 10 points of damage (the better half of that coming from you).
I'm trying to figure out where I am gonna go with Gwen and I'm trying to figure out if I should be focusing on more of the healing.

I was also thinking about taking the Spiritual Counter feat out of Complete Champion also since turn undead doesn't come up often enough.

Which direction are you gonna go with yours?

Also if other peeps here have any advice on the paladin builds I'm all ears. I never played a paladin before (I couldn't muster the lawful good).

AshesOfOld
2012-09-17, 02:54 PM
I haven't really thought about it. It's also my first time, unless you count being a blackguard, which I guess you really... don't.

I'm gonna focus all my effort on him being badass at riding and being kind to animals.
I guess maybe we could invest in some wands later on. Combat healing was never really economically viable anyway. But we do need someone to stabilize and heal people post-combat.
Provided we don't get wiped out in the coming battle.

missmvicious
2012-09-17, 02:58 PM
There is some info on retraining feats in PHBII, though I haven't looked over it yet so if I take feats to boost that early on I could switch some out later. I was considering Battle Blessing which allows you cast divine spells faster as my first divine feat opening up the Spiritual counter. It would make it so I could attack move and heal all in one turn which could be nice.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-17, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

Before we started this campaign, I intended to impose a house rule that I forgot to add. Since we're mid-campaign, I don't want to add it without a majority vote, since some benefit from it and others don't, and it was originally meant to help the extremely under-opped low-tier race-class combos that were originally in the game. Since everyone is pretty much playing a low-tier class right now except Jungian, this may not even be relevant, but I thought I'd bring it up.


The Tier-Handicap XP Bonus:
To help lower-tier classes contribute at higher levels by helping them level up faster, thereby gaining class abilities sooner than their high tier counterparts.

Tier 5: +50% Bonus to XP
Tier 4: +40% Bonus to XP
Tier 3: +30% Bonus to XP
Tier 2: +20% Bonus to XP

When Multi-Classing, character takes the XP bonus appropriate for their highest tier class.

Effectively, when a Level 10 Wizard has access to spells like Teleport, a Monk can use Abundant Step; when a Wizard can cast Cloudkill, a Monk will have 4 attacks on his Flurry with +9x3/+4 BAB... not exactly an even trade, but at least it starts to reflect a more similar level of elite capabilities.

Most of the characters in this game are Tier 5, except Oscar (Tier 1) and Gordid (Tier 4). Due to Croverus's absence, I'm not sure how long we're going to have a barbarian in our group. So this basically helps everyone except Oscar. Since it singles one player out, it doesn't work towards balancing the game as much as it would if there were a bunch of tiers playing. Still, it might pay off for the group if we make it to mid-levels, so that Jungian isn't forced to gimp his character just so he doesn't feel like the game breaker.

That said, this house-rule was never fully play-tested. How well it balances the game is hard to say, because most games I DM are low-tier, low-op. From a mathematic perspective, it seems to smooth out the wrinkles in Core imbalance a little bit without creating an overcomplicated home-brew system.

What do you guys say? I won't bring in this house rule unless it's unanimously agreed upon. PM the vote, please. That way, there's no pressure to vote with the bandwagon, in case that happens. However, if you have questions about the house-rule, please post them here because others might have the same question.

Lexin
2012-09-18, 07:19 AM
Sorry about all the trouble Inex. I feel bad about not giving you all the needed information.
To my defense, the only time I could post anything last week was around 4 am.


... and, because I have no idea when would be the next time...

Felix is 3 squares from the closest bandit, if he can Move Silently and attack him, he would do so.
(If not, charge!)

Move Silently: [roll0]
(to J8)
Attack: [roll1] +2 if charge
Damage: [roll2]
Stunning Fist (fort DC 15)

Jungian
2012-09-18, 08:15 PM
I posted my action. It hits( I believe) but for -2 which is ok.

I believe the pit will keep me safe from anything but arrows. If I happen to take an arrow to the knee, or chest, someone just remember to stabilize me when the ruffians are defeated. If by chance Oscar dies, you better bury him somewhere pleasant.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-19, 12:33 PM
So... I guess dumping your carcass into the pit at the entrance of Foulmouth Cave is out of the question? :smalltongue:

inexorabletruth
2012-09-19, 12:39 PM
Wow... that was a text wall.

I'm tempted to switch to more BB and min-boss battles and less minion blasting for future encounters. That is a lot to keep up with on PbP.

missmvicious
2012-09-19, 03:06 PM
So I am guessing no one up front heard about the potential trap up ahead....

missmvicious
2012-09-19, 05:16 PM
Hey Ashes inex is working but he'd like you to post an intimidate check

inexorabletruth
2012-09-19, 09:30 PM
@ Everyone: Okay, polls are in. The house rule is out. I was kind of on the fence with it myself, so it's cool. However, I'll probably use that in all my future campaigns.

Also, the merchant that is in between squares right now is actually in Q10.

@ AshesofOld: I'm cool with RAW, regarding movement.

PHB, pg. 147-148: MOVING THROUGH A SQUARE
Friend: You can move through a square occupied by a friendly character, unless you are charging (page 154). When you move through a square occupied by a friendly character, that character doesn't provide you with cover (see page 150).
Opponent: You can't move through a square occupied by an opponent, unless the opponent is helpless (dead, unconscious, paralyzed, bound, or the like). You can move through a square occupied by a helpless opponent without penalty. (The DM may rule that some creatures, such as an enormous dragon, present an obstacle even when helpless. In such cases, each square you move through counts as 2 squares.)

On that note, an animal that has completely lost its cool (the merchant mules are getting there) may attempt to bolt. If it does, it will try to run through a square occupied by a PC or NPC, if that is what it views as the path of least resistance (I play by RP, not by optimized combat strategy). If you wish to stop it from getting away, you may try to roll a Handle Animal check or simply try to hold against an Overrun attempt. If you win either or both, you stop the animal from progressing past 5' in front of you. Of course, unless you can calm that animal before it's next action, it will view you as an enemy and could attack you.

Also, SLAs don't require components. So, keep that wool on... it's cold out there.

missmvicious
2012-09-20, 09:02 AM
Could it be, something went my way?
Crit Confirm
[roll0]

missmvicious
2012-09-20, 09:24 AM
:smallredface:

Hurr durr forgot that I needed to roll damage. I guess to be fair to myself I am NyQuil right now. Our son gave me his cold and now he feels fine and I still don't want to get out of bed.

Regular Damage
[roll0]
Possible crit damage
[roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-09-20, 12:46 PM
She's not the only one who isn't feeling top shelf at the mo.

I'm wrecked. I'll try to post tonight, but if I don't, the Cave Bandit she shot is dying.

missmvicious
2012-09-20, 02:13 PM
Emotions so jumbled. Want to be thrilled I totally made a guy dying but also feel bad for giving Inex my cold. :?

AshesOfOld
2012-09-20, 03:04 PM
Hey Ashes inex is working but he'd like you to post an intimidate check

Oh, he rolled for me. Good thing, I see :smallbiggrin:. Inex, you roll like a Baws.

@Inex: Right right, sorry, I never bothered reading through the combat rules chapter past the very basics. We usually just winged it in my old group. Only had two rules: What sounds credible and what would look awesome.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-21, 01:23 PM
Thanks AshesofOld!

And no worries about the rules. I'm glad to help with any rules questions you may have.

I've got to go. My son is throwing animal crackers everywhere.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-21, 01:55 PM
Back for a sec, then it's off to work for me.

I've PM'd Croverus. If he doesn't post this round, then I've got to write him out so the game play stays smooth.

I'll try to figure out a way to make it believable IC.

missmvicious
2012-09-21, 02:29 PM
I killed a bandit do do do do do

inexorabletruth
2012-09-22, 09:56 AM
*eyeroll*

Roll a random race/class combo and my wife still manages to come up with a sociopathic "chaotic good" character.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-22, 05:45 PM
Okay... it's way past Croverus's turn, so that makes it Oscar's turn, since Bandit 2 fires a shot at Felix and misses.

Next time a bandit or Gordid gets a turn, I'll have something happen.

missmvicious
2012-09-22, 07:15 PM
*eyeroll*

Roll a random race/class combo and my wife still manages to come up with a sociopathic "chaotic good" character.

The fates saw fit that I would play, MYSELF. Mwahahahaahahahaahaha!
lolz I'm always chaotic "good" and everything is a blood fountain of XP.

Jungian
2012-09-22, 09:35 PM
Every creature is meat bag of xp to the wandering adventurer. Meanwhile Oscar spectacularly misses his target.

missmvicious
2012-09-22, 10:58 PM
Every creature is meat bag of xp to the wandering adventurer. Meanwhile Oscar spectacularly misses his target.

You should hit things more often.:smallsmile:

AshesOfOld
2012-09-23, 04:19 PM
@Inex: I think Fimble is supposed to be at N12.

Me:

Can Fimble move past the merchant at M13? If so, he moves to N12. If not, Fimble moves around the cart to I11.

And Yay, Ashes uses ghost sound. It's super effective!

inexorabletruth
2012-09-24, 01:37 AM
@ AshesofOld: I'll take care of that for you.

@ Lexin: I was going for gaining temporary compliance. I can't make you shaken unless you're in melee. But I can make you want to cooperate with my bandit for a little bit. I'm not going to control how your character chooses to cooperate, but just act the way any responsible person would act in a hostage situation, and I think we're good.

Don't count on Gordid's help at this point. I've got a plan for him. I'm sorry that your first encounter was so rough; I was trying to set up a good first encounter (for some anyway) with a huge XP boost to start the journey off. Still, you guys are doing really great! Don't give up, and remember the Heal Check house-rule variant in case things get too rough.

Croverus
2012-09-25, 12:18 AM
Sorry guys, I kind of losy any ability to get on here for a while and could check stuff from my phone, but it can't post or reply to messages. Cause blackberry's suck. I am fine with being removed fromt eh game. Not being able to get on and post led to me getting started on some side projects that will keep me too busy as it is. It was fun while it lasted, wish you guys luck and hope you had fun with Gordid for the brief time he was with you guys.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-25, 11:23 AM
Thanks for playing, Croverus! If you ever wish to come back, PM me.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-25, 11:34 AM
@ Miss: Strictly speaking, that's an illegal move, since you can't share a space that is occupied by someone else. But since there are things you can technically be on top of (cart, horses), I'll allow it, but you can't move that many spaces, so I'm stopping you at L11.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-27, 01:44 PM
Could we possible get a screen of what image macro belongs to which person/animal/vehicle?
I hope its not too much to ask for, but I'm getting really confused :smalleek:.

missmvicious
2012-09-27, 01:59 PM
I didn't think it was occupying that square but its cool either way. Can I see what Felix is up to? It looks an awful lot like we are thinking the same thing.

Lexin
2012-09-27, 02:23 PM
He was hired to protect the merchant and his cargo... and he is about to do just that.
If Jarvis is not currently threatened (and it seems he is not, as he tries to help with the wagon) Felix would try to (sneak) attack one of the bandits.

If not, he will probably try to heal himself first... 1st level characters are squishy...

missmvicious
2012-09-27, 08:17 PM
Gwen is going after the bandits. As far as she is concerned their is no point in saving a wagon just to have the bandits steal it.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-28, 11:26 AM
@ Ashes of Old
I understand your confusion. There's a lot to sort out. Here are the coordinates for each character as it stands right now.

In Initiative Order:

Bandit 2: C11
Merchant 1: N11
Merchant 2: T13
Merchant 3: Q9
Bandit 1: E8
Mule 1: O10:P11
Mule 2: R13:S14
Mule 3: Q10:R11
Felix: G9
Wagon 1 (with Jarvis in it): C9:F10
Wagon 2: C12:F13
Wagon 2 (Coachman): D11
Fimble: B11
Cart 1: J9:M10
Cart 2: J11:M12
Gwen: L11
Bandit 4: D8
Cave Bandit 1 (Stabilized): N6
Cave Bandit 4: N5
Oscar: U9
Oscar's Cart: S11:V12



Finding those images on google again is going to take way too long, and I won't have time to post before I have to shoot off to work. So here's a brief description:


Bandits that came from the cave have a hood on them. Two of them can be seen at the entrance to Foulmouth.
The Bandits that were on top of the cliff's edge, but are now holding Jarvis hostage are holding bows and arrows and have a red circle around them.
The Coachman for Jarvis's second wagon is the esteemed looking gent
The Cart Merchant who is helping unhinge the horse from the wagon is the... rotund fellow in black.
For all the heros, I've used your character image as your game avatar.

Lexin
2012-09-29, 01:41 PM
Umm... Fimble, Gwen... and Fimble?

If I missed my turn, I would post action here, so the next round Felix would do something...

He would try to get closer to the bandits, sneaking under the wagon, if possible. He would try to sneak close enough to full-attack the two bandit duo... and as it would be the most probable thing to do for him... disarm both of them!!

Disarm opposite attack rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
10 and 13 actually... I forgot that Felix is small, no matter how much he eats...

AshesOfOld
2012-09-29, 05:10 PM
@Inex: Thank you! I think I get it now. And you mean its Felix' turn, right?

inexorabletruth
2012-09-29, 05:23 PM
Oh crap! I messed up on the init.

After Gwen, it's Bandit 4 and 3, then Cave Bandit 1 and 4, then Oscar. I somehow skipped like half a round. :smalleek:

Croverus
2012-09-30, 10:59 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

This is for a new character I am seeing if I roll a race/class combo I'll want to play.

Edit: ANOTHER monk? Yeah, no. Can I try this one more time?

inexorabletruth
2012-09-30, 11:29 AM
There... fixed it.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-30, 12:03 PM
A Rude Half-Elf Monk?

I don't see the issue. The last character you played was a Dwarf Barbarian. Why not mix it up? Felix is a mercantile themed monk, kind of a "fat friar" type... you could always play up the divine side to differentiate yourself. OR... Head over to the Magic of Incarnum book and build an Incarnum themed monk! If I recall, all official feats were allowed in the initial build as long as they were legal feats. A lot of the feats in MoI are very "monk" themed and would make a cool addition to the group. I could see a soulmelder being kind of a douche anyway, since they use a mysterious and rare kind of power.

Here are some nifty monk-themed feats I found while quickly perusing the book:

Azure Toughness
Cerulean Fortitude
Cerulean Reflexes
Cerulean Will
Cobalt Charge
Cobalt Critical
Cobalt Expertise
Cobalt Power
Cobalt Precision
Healing Soul
Incarnum-Fortified Body
Midnight Dodge
Sapphire Fist
Sapphire Sprint
Shape Soulmeld
Soulsight


I didn't allow anyone to re-roll during the initial character build process. I don't think it would be fair to any of the current players to allow one now. And don't worry about redundancy. I'm running another campaign with only monks. Each player plays their monk differently and fits into their own little niche. I believe that monks are more versatile than people give credit, and the combat RP can be really fun to read. You can do it, Croverus. :smallsmile:

Croverus
2012-09-30, 01:01 PM
Well is that stuff avialable on the SRD? Cause if isn't on the sRD I don't have access to it, and thus can't look it up. I was under the assumption we had to use the base class more or less as is, but if you let me use some of the alt class features for monks I can make it work.

missmvicious
2012-09-30, 01:14 PM
Well is that stuff avialable on the SRD? Cause if isn't on the sRD I don't have access to it, and thus can't look it up. I was under the assumption we had to use the base class more or less as is, but if you let me use some of the alt class features for monks I can make it work.

Also if it turns out you can't stand monks then you could always multiclass. You'll already have furry of blows. :smallwink: Oh but Inex does enforce multiclass penalties.

inexorabletruth
2012-09-30, 02:05 PM
The only thing I allowed a variant on was the Paladin, because they are restricted to one alignment type. Lexin, do you remember what options I gave the monks?

I can't remember if I allowed the Variant Fighting Styles in Arcana Unearthed or not. Everything I listed in the previous post is a feat, not a class variant. I did allow traits and flaws so you could tweak your character as needed.

Lexin
2012-09-30, 02:11 PM
The only thing I allowed a variant on was the Paladin, because they are restricted to one alignment type. Lexin, do you remember what options I gave the monks?

I can't remember if I allowed the Variant Fighting Styles in Arcana Unearthed or not. Everything I listed in the previous post is a feat, not a class variant. I did allow traits and flaws so you could tweak your character as needed.

Sorry, I think I didn't even ask if there are any variants allowed...
There are some feats that allow easy multiclassing between monk and other classes, like rogue or sorcerer Ascetic + Something (the name of the feats)

I took the will-be-psionic character route, I guess I will be taking levels in Psychic Warrior and Monk for my character for combat power. And keep the merchant like behavior for fluff.
(Although I might change my mind again... especially if Inex would allow Psychic Rogue working off Wisdom... :smalltongue:)

inexorabletruth
2012-10-01, 12:53 PM
New Coordinates In Initiative Order:

Bandit 2: B13
Merchant 1: M8
Merchant 2: T13
Merchant 3: Q9
Bandit 1: E8
Mule 1: N7:O8
Mule 2: R13:S14
Mule 3: Q10:R11
Felix: G9
Wagon 1 (with Jarvis in it): C9:F10
Wagon 2: C12:F13
Wagon 2 (Coachman): D11
Fimble: B11
Cart 1: J9:M10
Cart 2: J11:M12
Gwen: L11
Bandit 4: D8
Cave Bandit 1 (Stabilized): N6
Cave Bandit 4: N5
Oscar: U9
Oscar's Cart: S11:V12

Lexin
2012-10-01, 12:59 PM
I think I kind of forgot about Felix's riding dog and his combat potential...
I will need to remember about him the next time...

missmvicious
2012-10-01, 05:02 PM
Honey you didn't move me after my last turn.

Jungian
2012-10-02, 10:01 AM
I have returned from the land of academia, with most of my sanity I might add. I have an idea for something to help with this situation. Illl write up my turn now (as I am completely confused as to who turn it is or not).

Well that diplomacy roll is unfortunate, a natural 1 for diplomacy and a 19 for bluff.....fabulous.

Also apparently everyone likes to speak halfling except Oscar....I almost wish I was a psion instead of wizard, damn prepared spells. I have an idea that could night work.

Croverus
2012-10-02, 12:26 PM
Checking starting gold for the new guy.

[roll0]x10

Mostly finished, just need a name and some fluff and he's ready.

half elf monk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451189)

inexorabletruth
2012-10-02, 04:09 PM
@ Lexin:
The fault may actually be mine. I might change your image while mounted on the riding dog to an image with a husky and a halfling or something, to symbolize that you are occupying the same square.

I tried to find some... came up with a bad hand. If you wish to find, draw, or commission your own image, I'm willing to use that instead.

Here's what I got when I pit Bing against Google... google plowed bing, btw.

WoTC Themed, but not a Husky:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/cw_ag/75411.jpg

Similar, but still not a Husky:
http://www.alexisalvarez.org/RPG/sofaux/Images/Wee%20Folk/halflings%20riding%20dog.jpg

Less Serious, but at least it's a Husky:
http://kimhunter.ca/thumbnails/churchill_husky_painting.jpg

Humourous, but a real live Husky:
http://www.colourbox.com/preview/3925709-141134-child-with-puppy-husky.jpg

I'm a fan of this one; I really am:
http://www.lnt.com/photos/701794/product/standard/3769.jpg

My favorite... for reals:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/Rat1fink/falcor1.jpg

@ missmvicious:
Fixed

@ Jungian:
Welcome back, Jungian! We missed you. I wouldn't mind knowing the idea, so I'd know which checks to request. You can PM them to me if you wish. If you'd prefer to keep it a complete surprise, then I'll request the checks after the fact, and we'll figure it out.

@ Corverus:
While figuring out equipment, don't forget the Arms & Equipment Guide. It's a great resource for Monks, since it expands your weapons list. Here are the new weapons:
Butterfly Sword, Sai (alt), Tiger Claw, Tonfa, Three-Section Staff, War Fan.

There's lots of other cool stuff in there as well. It's like the Mall of America for adventurers. It's got freaking everything you'd ever want to spend money on.

Lexin
2012-10-02, 04:24 PM
@ Lexin:
The fault may actually be mine. I might change your image while mounted on the riding dog to an image with a husky and a halfling or something, to symbolize that you are occupying the same square.

I tried to find some... came up with a bad hand. If you wish to find, draw, or commission your own image, I'm willing to use that instead.

Here's what I got when I pit Bing against Google... google plowed bing, btw.


I'm a fan of this one; I really am:
http://www.lnt.com/photos/701794/product/standard/3769.jpg



Nah, I am the one who should remember about all of this...
But it would be easier to remember if Alfie was on the map... and I really like this picture :smallbiggrin:
(I know it isn't husky, but as a symbol it works)

Could we assume that Alfie is in 'defense' mode? (Defend trick, he should attack back if someone attacks Felix without specific order)

inexorabletruth
2012-10-02, 05:19 PM
Consider it done.

I'll drop an image of a Husky near Oscar for some added protection. We'll assume he's just been hanging around the animal bones.

Hey guys, we need to postpone action for 24 hours to revise something.

Lexin
2012-10-02, 05:32 PM
Edited:

Ride (DC 5) [roll0]
Felix Attack [roll1] (+2 if charging is possible)
Felix Damage [roll2]

Don't know if attack on charge needs a handle animal roll (it could just be part of training )
If I understand it correctly it is DC 10, free action riding check ... so [roll3]
Alfie attack [roll4] +2 if charge is possible
Alfie damage [roll5]
If bite hits, then trip attempt (opposite roll) [roll6]


Edit... Felix would never try to fight Alfie...

Inex: Would Felix be allowed to take Wild Cohort feat and link it to Alfie? ... assuming that he would live long enough of course...

inexorabletruth
2012-10-02, 06:26 PM
Do you own Alfie, or did you just rent him?

I wouldn't think a rental dog could be linked with. But yes, I'm going to allow Wild Cohort feat. I used to think it was cheesy, but after further research on a character I was building, I realized it's actually more fluffy than cheesy... in fact, it's not really cheesy at all. Some would call it a low op, RP themed feat.

Jungian
2012-10-02, 09:30 PM
Diplomacy and bluff checks are in my post. Here is a knowledge nature roll for what was previously discussed via pm.

[roll]1d20+8[\roll] In case my slash is wrong [roll0]

My general plan was to approach the wagon and miss Gwen under the ruse of casting a spell to make the wagon lighter. While in fact I would be casting enlarge person on Gwen, with her trident. I was going to discreetly, in gnome, tell the companions to ready themselves for attack.

Unfortunately one person speaks gnome, and I would have to convey my message via a bluff. Also for some reason a trident is not a range weapon :smallconfused:

So plan B is I have a thermal detonater...with rocks

Croverus
2012-10-02, 10:57 PM
Yea, I fixed the skill points issue. My mistake I wrote down the wrong feat in my feat list, fixed that now so the stats make sense.

I'm good with just shurikens and my bare fists for now. I'll take a look at other weapons later on. My monk taught himself by isolating himself in a cave, only featuring out to the city to trade a bit, usually making money putting on a show with various feats of tumbling, or challenging people to tie him up and betting he could escape. He often does so in taverns so he can trade insults with the drunks who will take his mocking as a challenge.

Think I'll name him Feddin Silent-Tree.

So he's ready to be thrown in whenever you need him to be.

Lexin
2012-10-06, 05:21 AM
Do you own Alfie, or did you just rent him?

I wouldn't think a rental dog could be linked with. But yes, I'm going to allow Wild Cohort feat. I used to think it was cheesy, but after further research on a character I was building, I realized it's actually more fluffy than cheesy... in fact, it's not really cheesy at all. Some would call it a low op, RP themed feat.

Paid in full. So yes, I guess I own Alfie...

Maybe it is low-op... but I still think it is a fun one.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-06, 10:02 AM
Ok! Server is back up!

Let's get a roll call before we go any further. I'll put 48 hours on the clock to see if anyone is left, and then we'll play.

Lexin, since you already posted OOC, I'll count that has you reporting for duty. Who else is still in the game?

AshesOfOld
2012-10-06, 11:55 AM
Wuh! We're back, baby!

And cool character, Cro. Will look forward to meeting him.

Croverus
2012-10-06, 03:23 PM
Gonna actually be around this time.

missmvicious
2012-10-06, 06:50 PM
Sweet glad the game has survived the down time.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-07, 03:40 AM
So we're still missing Jungian.

We'll hold out until Monday at 10 am. If he doesn't show up by then, I'll control Oscar and carry out Jungian's last plans. Once the battle is over, if he still hasn't come to take over his character, then we'll take Oscar out of the story.

Jungian
2012-10-08, 09:59 AM
Present. Sorry for the delay, been checking daily until spotty internet service took me down. Ill be checking the IC thread to see if it is my turn or not.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-08, 05:57 PM
The wife and I just got back from the thrift shop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes) to find that I have internet access again. So let's get to it!

inexorabletruth
2012-10-08, 06:56 PM
Pop quiz Fimble... battle has started up again, the wagon is still perched precariously over the ledge, one of your friends is dead, and bandit reinforcements are on the way. What do you do?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/18789/_1275171740.jpg

Croverus
2012-10-09, 03:06 AM
Hoping for some good rolls here to see if my character can pull off an awesome dynamic entry.

Jump Checks
Negate 10ft drop [roll0]
Jump 5ft out [roll1]
Negate 10ft and take only 10ft subdual[roll2]
Jump 15ft out [roll3]

Attack Roll
[roll4] vs his Flat footed AC
[roll5] damage

Reflex save
[roll6]

Edit: Seriously? That's 3 good rolls basically. It's like I have a ton of above average rolls somewhere than need to be balanced out now :smallannoyed:

Edit: I forgot to add STR bonus to my attack roll, so that should be a 15.

AshesOfOld
2012-10-09, 04:08 PM
@Inex: Can I call a friend?

Jungian
2012-10-09, 10:30 PM
Your a paladin, call on the almighty divine holy wrath to smite these bandits...

inexorabletruth
2012-10-09, 10:36 PM
It depends on what you wanna call 'em.
http://www.best-books-for-kids.com/images/groucho-marx-on-reading-21664922.jpg

inexorabletruth
2012-10-10, 12:53 AM
Please note I updated the initiative post in post #351. I forgot that Oscar's initiative had been delayed until the end of the round.

As you can tell, in order to streamline my posts, I'm rolling outside the forum and posting the results. I promise, I'm not fudging the rolls for cinematic effect. I'm just going by what the dice tell me.

AshesOfOld
2012-10-10, 03:02 AM
I believe you.

Fimble detect evil concentration rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

missmvicious
2012-10-10, 04:19 AM
Everyone laughs at my fantasy armor but guess what holy hottie hasn't taken any damage.:smallamused:

Croverus
2012-10-10, 04:57 AM
Female Fantasy armor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8)

Lexin
2012-10-10, 10:21 AM
Female Fantasy Armor (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Chain_Bikini_Chick_(3.5e_Feat))

inexorabletruth
2012-10-11, 11:20 AM
@ Corverus: Lol. It pinched her. Lol again. Even her "practical armor" was still basically fantasy armor. :smallamused:

@ Lexin: I am thoroughly amused by this. I've heard of a D&D releasing a gag book of monsters, classes, feats and equipment every April 1st. I've never seen the book before though. I'm going to have to check one of those out one day.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-11, 12:16 PM
I'm running out of time before I have to go to work. I'm sorry for not posting IC today, but I will try to post tonight after work. If all else fails, I will definitely post by tomorrow.

I had company over last night, and he stayed really, really late. I'm afraid I may have overslept a bit.

Again... my apologies.

AshesOfOld
2012-10-11, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna be ridiculously busy this weekend, so please excuse me if my posting is infrequent/non-existent.
If my turn comes up, just make Fimble smack the bandit next to him some more.
Unless someone's in trouble, then he'll rush to their aid.
Hugs and have a good weekend all around :smallsmile:!

missmvicious
2012-10-12, 12:55 AM
Yeah kicking the butts of these bandits now. :smallcool:

inexorabletruth
2012-10-13, 12:42 PM
@Lexin: You can attack into a grapple. Melee attacks incur no penalties, and your opponent is denied its DEX bonus to AC. If you attack with a ranged weapon, there is a random chance that you hit the wrong target. There is no specific rule on what the percentages are of hitting the wrong person in a grapple, but I would assume that with two opponents of the same size, I'd roll a d2, 1 = intended target, 2 = unintended target, and I would scale those odds accordingly if the players were of different size categories, or if other unforeseen conditions existed.

Lexin
2012-10-13, 12:45 PM
Oh, thanks. Good to know.

So I guess melee works as normal and can stay as it is. :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2012-10-13, 01:10 PM
Absolutely! Good job tearing into thugs. Another notch in Justice's belt, my friend. :smallwink: He is now the most messed up bandit on the board right now.

Croverus
2012-10-14, 11:16 PM
Sorry if I needed to post, I was LARPing this weekend. I'm back now and will be checking daily for when I need to post.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-15, 03:09 AM
Sorry Croverus... it's now my fault we're waiting. Missmvicious's init has been delayed until the end of the round. After that, I've got a text wall of NPCs to post for, then I believe you're up.

Lexin
2012-10-15, 07:25 AM
Hmm, was Gwen after Felix? Not Fimble?

inexorabletruth
2012-10-15, 01:21 PM
Rassafrassin' golldangin'...

You are correct sir! And Fimble already expressed his action OOC, so I'll address that soon. I'm struggling with internet right now, so posting is erratic. I'll have the new IC post up in a few hours.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-15, 04:03 PM
Hey guys. An old buddy of mine, the guy who taught me how to play D&D, wants to get a game going. This is actually kind of an honor for me, since he wants me to be the DM and introduce him to the world of PbP. Normally I have a rule: I don't DM more than 2 games at a time, but for this special circumstance, I'm making an exception.

If any of you are interested in joining, I'd love to have you aboard. I'm not opening an official recruitment thread, because I'd rather work with players whom I already know and who already knows my DM style. I'm using this opportunity to playtest my XP Handicap house-rule and try out Eberron Campaign Setting.

If interested, shoot me a PM, and I'll send you a Big 16.

missmvicious
2012-10-15, 07:29 PM
Hey I'd like to do a called shot at the bandit with the bow on that ledge thingy. I would like to hit him in the shoulder, rendering his ability to use his bow useless!

inexorabletruth
2012-10-15, 07:44 PM
Treat it as the Ranged Disarm Feat (Complete Warrior, pg. 103) but with a -4 penalty to the attack roll and a 20% miss chance.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-15, 08:50 PM
As some of you (if not all) have already figured out, I've been posting a health meter in white text next to each NPC who has taken damage.

I've decided not to bother with the white text formatting anymore, since it helps give a visual for how banged up an enemy looks.

IRL, even an untrained fighter would be able to tell when an opponent is about to drop. Tracking the HP will help emulate that intuitive vibe.

Jungian
2012-10-18, 12:18 AM
I seem to always miss the updates, sorry for the delay. I'll be switching to email notifications to prevent any further delays.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-18, 12:43 PM
Everyone keep and log your RPXP. I had to clear out my messages to finish sending, so I don't have any backup copies of what I sent.

Lexin
2012-10-18, 12:58 PM
I am adding it to the sheet every time.

Felix would also heal himself, as I just noticed he took some damage.
... it was d4 / 4 hours?

[roll0]

missmvicious
2012-10-18, 02:42 PM
Good thing you don't need help Lexin, I only have a +2 to my heal checks. Oh but you forgot to make a heal check. You get to heal 1d4 after a successful heal check. I think the DC was 15.

Lexin
2012-10-18, 02:47 PM
Hmm and was it one that cannot be repeated? If not he could just try till succeeded ... wouldn't work with stabilize though...

... if not... I don't have a much better Heal bonus...
[roll0]
...and fail...

missmvicious
2012-10-18, 03:32 PM
Hmm and was it one that cannot be repeated? If not he could just try till succeeded ... wouldn't work with stabilize though...

... if not... I don't have a much better Heal bonus...
[roll0]
...and fail...

I'll give it a go then.
HEAL CHECK GO!
[roll0]
All caps totally helped that check.
:smallcool:

Lexin
2012-10-18, 03:36 PM
I will remember for the next time.

And thanks :smallbiggrin:

missmvicious
2012-10-18, 03:40 PM
To bad my heal check was only worth 1 hp.

Lexin
2012-10-18, 03:42 PM
Better than nothing (yes I mean when I tried...)

Croverus
2012-10-18, 04:02 PM
Wanted to clarify something with you Inex. The rules for flurry of blows mentions shurikens as a weapon I can flurry with, but the entry for shurikens specifically says you cannot use one in melee. Can we assume this means that I can use a full round action to flurry of blows to let me throw two shurikens at the -2/-2 penalty?

AshesOfOld
2012-10-18, 05:01 PM
I'll give it a go as well in a while.
I actually just wanted to say *DING!*

EDIT: gonna take average on my hp. Like a baws.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-19, 12:44 PM
Hey Croverus, could I trouble you to put your elf monk in your sig? I can't remember your character's name. name.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-19, 01:10 PM
@Miss and Lexin:
Don't forget, there's always Aid Another. Your characters have known each other long enough to know who has the better Heal check. We won't re-write history. After all, the wound got treated, but I just thought I'd throw that out there for future reference. With a heal check, you can only be successful once.

@Croverus:
Good question. As far as I know, there is nothing in RAW stating that you have to make a melee attack to use FoB. You just have to use an Unarmed Strike or Monk weapons. You can make a flurry of ranged attacks with shurikens if you'd like, though you'd provoke attack of opportunities against anyone in melee while doing so.

Croverus
2012-10-19, 06:43 PM
That sounds fine for me, since if they are in melee then I can still make unarmed attacks even while holding shurikens (hello knee, foot, and elbow blows). I'll have the signature hold the character in a sec.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-21, 04:28 AM
@Lexin:
Unfortunately, a short bow in 3.5 is just an oversized short bow for Felix. You take a -2 penalty to attack with it, along with (I believe) any non-proficiency penalties you may suffer stack with that. But yes... 20 arrows would be easy enough to scrounge up.

Lexin
2012-10-21, 04:43 AM
@Lexin:
Unfortunately, a short bow in 3.5 is just an oversized short bow for Felix. You take a -2 penalty to attack with it, along with (I believe) any non-proficiency penalties you may suffer stack with that. But yes... 20 arrows would be easy enough to scrounge up.

Aww, would be more fun if it was just a longbow :smalltongue:
Okay, thanks for information.

Edit: And I just checked that bow has only 10ft better range than sling...
Kay, so the only reason to keep it is faster reloading, unless there is a Quick Sling Reaload feat somewhere...

inexorabletruth
2012-10-21, 05:02 AM
Rather than burn a feat to get better at slingin' try re-equipping at Luskan. Options to consider:

Acid Bullet (AEG, pg. 33)
Flame Bullet (AEG, pg. 33)
Priest's Bullet (AEG, pg. 33)
Halfling Skiprock (AEG, pg. 9)


Also, I believe you can launch most anything from a sling, as long as it's relatively similar in size and shape to a sling bullet, if you're willing to take an attack penalty for using improvised ammo.Thunderstones, Alchemist Fire, Acid Flasks, Marbles, Egg Grenades... all sorts of stuff.

I hope I'm not crossing the line by making these suggestions. I just wanted us all to know that options like these are on the menu.

Lexin
2012-10-21, 05:13 AM
Acid / flame bullets sounds fun and I will think about it.

The skiprock... a bit less, it is fun, but I would need an Exotic Weapon Proficiency Feat... and it has range of 10 ft... from this distance Felix could just charge + punch somebody...

I have already two feat trees (mounted combat and stunning strike) in mind for my character and already have trouble deciding the order, so I won't add a new one to the mix.


I hope I'm not crossing the line by making these suggestions. I just wanted us all to know that options like these are on the menu.

It is great that you do that.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-21, 05:35 AM
I don't think you have to take EWF to gain proficiency with a halfling weapon, because your character is a halfling. That's the only reason I threw it out there.

Pun not intended.

Anyway, it grants you a free second attack (with a -2 penalty to the attack, but still).

Lexin
2012-10-21, 05:41 AM
Unfortunately the "Halfling's" part of the name, doesn't mean halflings know how to use it... it only helps with this feat (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Improved_Weapon_Familiarity).

inexorabletruth
2012-10-21, 01:53 PM
Well ain't that a kick in the head. It's true. Nothing in the PHB or AEG implies that Halflings can use it sans penalties without at EWP feat.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-22, 02:44 PM
If we're done here, we can move on. The bandits are beaten at this juncture, and won't try anything fresh unless provoked to do so.

Lexin
2012-10-22, 06:46 PM
Hope my translation skills didn't fail me here. :smalltongue:

Croverus
2012-10-22, 09:22 PM
Nice speech, I'll post how my guy reacts in a bit, he obviously didn't know Gordid, and I think I'm going to keep playing up his Rude trait.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-22, 09:55 PM
Hope my translation skills didn't fail me here. :smalltongue:

Translation skills?

Is english not your first language? If not, my hat is off to you, because I never would've noticed.

Lexin
2012-10-23, 04:51 AM
Translation skills?

Is english not your first language? If not, my hat is off to you, because I never would've noticed.

Wow, thanks.:smallbiggrin:

I guess, I don't have to worry to much about it then.:smalltongue:

missmvicious
2012-10-24, 02:43 PM
Wow, thanks.:smallbiggrin:

I guess, I don't have to worry to much about it then.:smalltongue:

I had a suspicion that english wasn't your first language but it was from reading your backstory in a different campaign, not your speech. Which was very good btw.

Jungian
2012-10-25, 06:06 PM
Oscar is a buzz kill :smallfrown:.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-27, 11:18 AM
If we have any IRL vegetarians or vegans in the group, please PM me and let me know. The images I use are designed to give the descriptions a certain degree of palpability, but if you find them revolting because of your dietary needs or political association, I'll bare that in mind next time I pick an image.

Lexin
2012-10-27, 11:56 AM
Suggested watch order:
1. Fimble
2. Gwen
3. Felix
(3,5.) Feddin
4. Oscar

Feddin being elf and all, needs only 4 hour rest as far as I remember, so he could take multiple shifts, if he wants.

If someone disagrees just tell me.

missmvicious
2012-10-27, 08:34 PM
Suggested watch order:
1. Fimble
2. Gwen
3. Felix
(3,5.) Feddin
4. Oscar

Feddin being elf and all, needs only 4 hour rest as far as I remember, so he could take multiple shifts, if he wants.

If someone disagrees just tell me.

Sounds decent to me.

Croverus
2012-10-28, 12:07 AM
I have no issue with the watch order.

inexorabletruth
2012-10-28, 02:43 PM
Please let me know if you had any plans for what you intended to do during your watch that would change the course of your evening:
hunting, exploring, playing with the fauna... what-have-you.

Lexin
2012-10-28, 02:53 PM
Felix would make another Heal check, at the start of his shift.
(And if Gwen helps him it is an auto-pass)
[roll0]
And if needed, for the morning
[roll1]


By the way, is there any way to get Handle Animal skill as class skill?


Edit: ...And if we are still adding usual 1hp/lvl recovery for the night rest, Felix should be at full hp at the beginning of next day.

Jungian
2012-10-28, 08:57 PM
I didn't read the everyone spoiler so here is my fort save
[roll0] fort
[roll1] a knowledge nature check, I seem to remember one could use a knowledge nature check to predict weather
[roll2] know nature for general terrain and problems like quicksand or flooding, etc...

missmvicious
2012-10-31, 01:35 PM
fort save
[roll0]

Croverus
2012-10-31, 01:43 PM
Fort Save, with a +5 bonus from wearing proper clothes
Fort: [roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-11-01, 01:16 PM
@Felix:
Yes, rest recovers HP. Welcome back to full strength!

Handle Animal as a class skill... I'm going to look into it. I seem to remember a feat that allows you to take a cross-class skill and make it a class skill. I also remember something about training for circumstance bonuses. Like... spend a week with someone who has more ranks in Handle Animal than you and you can study from them, gaining bonus ranks from their training. I don't remember exactly how it works, and it was ages ago when I stumbled upon the rule. So give me time to look it up. If not, we'll use the rules for training a skill on DMG pg. 197.

@Everyone:
If you failed your Fort Save, you take 1d6 points of non-lethal damage.

More later. Sorry, my internet is being a pain in the butt, and I don't have any more time to post today.

missmvicious
2012-11-01, 03:52 PM
Failed my fort
[roll0]
Well at least that was good.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-03, 04:07 PM
So hey Inex, what's up?

missmvicious
2012-11-03, 06:45 PM
So hey Inex, what's up?

Sorry we have been ultra busy this week and he got called into work on his day off also. He should have time to post within the next three days. Like if he can't post tomorrow then he has the next two days after that off.

Anyways to ease up his work load some if anyone has any rules related questions I can see about answering them from here on out since RAW does rule.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-04, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the absence, I'm trying to post as frequently as possible.

I don't have as much posting time as I used to, and with the third campaign getting started, I'm sharing what little time I have with more story lines. I'm hoping this is only temporary, and that I'll be able to smooth out the wrinkles in my time management shortly.

I want to give you guys a great campaign in both story lines, so I'm going to make a few requests to help streamline the experience:


If you have a rules question, please go here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243805) It's an excellent resource that requires almost no pre-existing knowledge of the game.

If I missed a skill check, please PM me. I'm reading through the posts a little quicker than usual to get up to speed and keep the game moving (this used to be something I did leisurely over a nice cup of coffee). Your skill checks, especially Knowledge, Spot and Listen effect the game dynamically and I don't want to accidentally miss them, or any other skill checks that require my response. Suffice it to say, If I didn't PM you with an answer to your skill check, or posted a response to it in the IC, I missed it. Even a 1 gets a result on a skill check in my campaigns.

missmvicious isn't a co-dm, but she can filter some time sensitive questions through me that I would be able to answer while I'm at work. She's offered to help a bit and maybe post for me on days that I am unable to keep up the game pace. If this doesn't work as well as I hoped, then I might have to farm out some of the gaming details to a co-dm to keep up.

Please try to be patient. I used to be able to allot 4 hours each day, just to post... some days now I have about 30 minutes. I'm trying to retrain my body to operate on less sleep, and maybe less meal breaks, to free up more time for these campaigns, and I'm trying to finish my work early, so I can post at my job. I'm a bookkeeper, so my job is done when I find and fix all the mistakes made in a day. Sometimes this takes a few hours; sometimes it takes all night. My scheduling issues are only temporary though, so I'm knocking on wood that I can get back on track.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-05, 05:53 AM
You are an amazing DM, Inex. I don't wanna stress you or anything, I just have a basic fear that I'll lose yet another good campaign to the DM disease.
So I guess I'm saying: take it easy, and don't let it wear you out.

Edit: Wow! I just hogged all the best rolls for this encounter.

Lexin
2012-11-05, 03:06 PM
I guess, Felix cannot Sense any Motives around...
rolls: 3 4 2

... but he knows much about bears...:smalltongue:

Jungian
2012-11-06, 12:22 PM
I saw inertial armor and thing I was posting in the wrong thread.

Lexin
2012-11-06, 12:28 PM
Heh sorry about it. It seems I am overusing psionics a bit, but I really like the system.

Jungian
2012-11-06, 08:09 PM
Psionics to me always seemed like a better system. It just not really expanded as much as the classical magic.

Psychic warriors are also one of the best classes imo. Well balanced for gameplay, lots of interesting powers (with a nice tailored list) for both combat and noncombat roles. I think it serves as a fantastic base for a unique character.

Next game I might try making a psychic warrior with chameleon power, claws of the beast, and perhaps energy ray. Play him like the predator aliens.

Jungian
2012-11-13, 09:56 AM
I'll have to check the specifics of silent image, but the idea could work.

The bear doesn't like fire, Oscar will create an image of a fire monster in the cave. Fimble will use his gnome ghost sound to add auditory effects. Hopefully we can scare the bear out of the cave, then bring the wagon to block the entrance.

Think it's plausible?

Croverus
2012-11-13, 11:46 AM
Worth a shot. If it doesn't work, I can try stunning it and we push it hard. But leave it a way to escape, so if it thinks it can run we should let it.

Lexin
2012-11-13, 11:49 AM
Worth a shot. If it doesn't work, I can try stunning it and we push it hard. But leave it a way to escape, so if it thinks it can run we should let it.

I have stun too... and Tripping dog!

AshesOfOld
2012-11-13, 01:04 PM
I love it when a good plan comes together!

Edit: A-team! Anyone? No?

inexorabletruth
2012-11-19, 01:55 AM
Level 1 Quest:
Bear Cubs in Cave

You've trained hard, adventurer. Your skills are unmatched by your peers, and so... seeking greater fame and loftier challenges, you venture out, fearless of the obstacles that await.

Then stopped as surely as if you'd hit a stone wall, you freeze at the gentle mewling of two savage bear cubs. Wobbling to a stand, they lash a furry, padded paw at you, then they topple over, rolling around like tumbleweeds made of fluff.

Perhaps they are trying to play with you. Perhaps... this is a a game of DEATH! Who will survive? Who will say "Dawwwwww." Who will try to cradle them like a baby?!

Dun, dun, DUUUNNNNNN!

To be continued...

inexorabletruth
2012-11-19, 10:44 PM
So, are we leaving the bear cubs at the mouth of the cave and building a new fire deeper into the cave?

Croverus
2012-11-19, 11:32 PM
Sounds like the plan. And someone try using handle animal in case she doesn't want to go away.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-20, 03:36 AM
Lol, yes. We're doing just that. Preferably without the game of death part.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-20, 08:42 PM
Side Quest Time:

Miss has instructed me that her paladin will search as long as it takes until she finds what she's looking for. Therefore, unless your group joins up with her, we're going to have to branch off into a second IC thread for side questing.

I'll PM Miss with the new side IC thread. But if you don't hear from her in IC, that's why.

Croverus
2012-11-20, 09:36 PM
I wish her luck. INC, Feddin is not gonna give up this cave for bear and her cubs.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-21, 11:49 PM
Lol.

I guess Gwen's strong opinions on morals and politics couldn't bear the burden of separating mother from baby.

Of course, Felix isn't going to let her brave the unbearable elements alone.

Oscar seems a bit to high strung to just grin and bear it though.

And Feddin lacks the survival and tracking skills of his elvish forebears.

Fimble seems a little high strung about this. Will he embearass the group for letting Gwen and Felix storm away, or will he embearass himself trying?

Strange, ursally this group gets along quite well.

Ok, that last one was a stretch.

Jungian
2012-11-21, 11:53 PM
*rocks in the corner* The puns man, they were coming out of the trees. This isn't what our forebears had in mind for Aberica.

Not quite the correct thread, but I think it needs to be stated. What has struck me the most in the mad world thread is the reference to backwards hands. It's something almost synonymous with humankind, and other primates. Hands are intricate instruments capable of a plethora of movements and activities, and the mind reflects this with a generous amount of surface area related to the muscle control and sensory processing.

Then you go and make them backwards. It just screams, "We are intelligent beings, but completely alien to your kind." Now whenever I read "backwards hands" , I feel like grabbing the pitchfork and torch.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-22, 06:17 AM
This is a really stupid situation we've got ourselves into, so excuse Fimble if he has a hard time finding his bearings.

A rainstorm in a rocky area - not the best odds for tracking someone... without a ranger.

Why are people just bearing themselves away anyway?
I guess there is nothing left for us to do except start bearding and bear the storm.

Incidentally, does that crayfish come with bearnaise?

missmvicious
2012-11-22, 07:57 AM
So yeah Gwen was quite annoyed by all y'all. I kinda wonder now if the reason I have heard so many stories of warlocks throwing babies at city guards is because there aren't more chicks to go "What the hell do you think you are doing?"

Hopefully Felix and I find a nice new place to camp out.

AshesOfOld
2012-11-22, 12:40 PM
Seemed like a reasonable thing to do really. The cubs are still inside the cave, and the mother will most likely be back sooner or later. If not, there's nothing we can do for them anyway, except take them in and raise them as circus bears...

Croverus
2012-11-22, 07:29 PM
Feddin used to be an acrobat in a circus :smalltongue:

inexorabletruth
2012-11-24, 01:23 PM
So what's the plan, gentlemen? Wait for the return of Gwen and Felix? Head out to find her? Explore the rest of the cavern? Teach the bear cubs circus tricks? It's your sandbox... the list of options goes on and on.

inexorabletruth
2012-11-25, 01:54 AM
Decisions, decisions... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ)

Whatever will you do? MWAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaa

AshesOfOld
2012-11-26, 06:34 AM
I think we're agreed on staying. Don't wanna speak on anyone's behalf, of course.

Jungian
2012-11-26, 07:42 AM
I believe we are staying in the cave for now.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-16, 03:27 PM
Okay, everyone.

Get whatever RP in you want done, then set up a watch order. I'll move the story forward tomorrow.

missmvicious
2012-12-16, 10:40 PM
Anyone making a fire?

missmvicious
2012-12-17, 04:41 PM
Handle animal check!
[roll0]!

inexorabletruth
2012-12-17, 07:56 PM
Oh, Hoggle. How long have I desired to put you in a campaign...

inexorabletruth
2012-12-22, 03:03 PM
Sorry for the absence. A big thunderstorm rocked out neighborhood and blew out the routers. We're back online and I'm going to try to catch up.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-26, 02:20 PM
Sorry, Croverus, I know that's not much to build on. I'll post more tomorrow, but I've got to get ready for work.

inexorabletruth
2012-12-30, 04:04 AM
I had to roll some Sense Motives for you Croverus. The ones you did well on gave you intimate details about what she's trying to convey. The ones you roll badly on resulted in vague insinuations. None of this is magic. She's just using body language at the moment, since you two do not speak the same language at all.

Croverus
2012-12-30, 06:45 AM
Fair enough, I'll come up with a reply when I get home from work.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-04, 12:41 AM
@ Croverus:
I'm putting 24 hours on the clock.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-07, 03:25 AM
I swear I'll post IC soon. I'm starting to feel a lot better. My biggest setback is a splitting headache that makes it impossible to think. The only solution so far is mind numbing pain killers that also make it impossible to think. I hope to post IC tomorrow, with or without a headache.

Croverus
2013-01-07, 09:45 AM
No worry. I came down with a nasty bug too and can't concentrate very well. Take your time.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-08, 12:38 AM
I've posted in a few campaigns and I think that's about all I can do right now. I'll see if I can come back to this campaign later tonight after I've had some rest.

missmvicious
2013-01-10, 03:46 PM
What is the penalty on our listen check?

Lexin
2013-01-10, 04:00 PM
... -6?

If yes - [roll0]

missmvicious
2013-01-11, 11:58 PM
Listen check!
[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2013-01-12, 12:01 AM
DC is 15. Everyone except Oscar has heard this conversation by now.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-14, 12:25 AM
Do we want to cut this nightwatch short?

I'm worried that this game is just becomming about 1 player. Everyone is technically awake except Oscar, but still... the game is dragging.

I wanted to add a mysterious moment with fey, maybe get a little romantic subtext in there, but I'm beginning to realize I don't do romance well. I'm worried that I bit off more than I could chew and the game is suffering because of it.

missmvicious
2013-01-14, 02:59 AM
I'm okay with posting if you want me to or skipping ahead just let me know.

Jungian
2013-01-14, 09:56 AM
Either is fine with me. Nothing will wake Oscar from his slumber.

Croverus
2013-01-14, 08:02 PM
Sorry I disappeared for the weekend for LARPing and couldn't get online the night before thanks to a crashing internet. I'm fine with the conversation cutting short and we getting this adventure moving.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-14, 09:48 PM
Ok, so that's 2 "whatevers" and a "skip it".

In the meantime, RA hasn't seen action since the 10th, so I'm moving the game forward as soon as I get some IC posting time for a little fast forward storytelling.

inexorabletruth
2013-01-19, 09:35 AM
When you're not stabbing Lemure's don't forget to swing on by Random Adventurers. It's been three days without activity. :smallfrown:

inexorabletruth
2013-01-21, 04:42 AM
Roll call.

It's time to find out who all is posting in the RA thread.

Lexin
2013-01-21, 05:36 AM
Still here, sorry for not posting for last few days, been busy in RL and after that felt too lazy/tired to catch up with IC...

Jungian
2013-01-21, 10:22 AM
Present, I'll be posting more often in RA from this point.

Croverus
2013-01-21, 05:51 PM
Yea, I'm here

inexorabletruth
2013-01-26, 11:33 AM
That dip check. *sexy whistle*

Oscar just made himself a friend. A greasy haired, yellow skinned, clearly unwashed friend. But still...

Jungian
2013-01-26, 03:21 PM
My money was on Druid but a chain shirt, hmm.

I'm glad my diplomacy check was adequate. Someone is getting prestidigationed clean when he sleeps.

Lexin
2013-01-26, 03:30 PM
My money was on Druid but a chain shirt, hmm.

I'm glad my diplomacy check was adequate. Someone is getting prestidigationed clean when he sleeps.

How could you be so cruel!?

inexorabletruth
2013-01-26, 05:20 PM
I'm glad I can introduce a puzzling new creature to you. :smallsmile:

When I first read about this guy, I couldn't wait to squeeze him into a campaign. The fluff on these creatures is actually pretty complex and requires a group who doesn't just kill, collect XP, loot and move on, in order to get a feel for what the monster creator had in mind.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-02, 02:54 PM
Okay. I'm putting 24 hours on the clock, everyone. This is last call. If no one posts IC within 24 hours, I'm killing the campaign. We've had one week without activity.

For those of you who have lost interest in the game, please don't post IC. I'd rather a campaign burn out than fade away. If you really want to game to keep going, I'll keep it running, but I'm fully enforcing the 24 hour rule from here on out.

In the meantime, here's some suitably appropriate waiting music for you while I keep an eye on the clock. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg)

I'll see you tomorrow, either to kill the game or post more content.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-03, 01:29 PM
Very well then. It looks like we'll carry on. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWgsQhbaqU)

inexorabletruth
2013-02-04, 02:31 AM
Ok. The night in the cave was meant to be a bit of a CHA themed skill challenge encounter, or possibly gritty one-on-one death match against two very hard-to-beat fey.

Either way, since I had to fast-forward the encounter with the Orean, I'll only give you XP for the gnomish looking creature.

225 XP Each.

Jungian
2013-02-04, 07:31 AM
I think Oscar just dinged to level 2. I'll update his sheet this evening.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-04, 01:19 PM
A Ding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yWU0lFghxU), you say? This calls for a celebration song!

Croverus
2013-02-04, 05:35 PM
Fast forward? I count at least 4 posts I made with that conversation. Not even partial? :|

Fine, w/e

inexorabletruth
2013-02-04, 05:44 PM
True, true. After reviewing the posts, I can see that you soldiered through the awkward bilingual dramatic scene and did a better job than I did at it.

I'll PM your RPXP in a minute.

Croverus
2013-02-04, 05:48 PM
Thanks, sorry about complaining I've not had a great weekend. It was an awesome RP scene.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-07, 01:11 PM
I can't remember the name of Jarvis's assistant driver, and I can't find a record of it in the IC thread. So, for all practical purposes, his name is now Percival.

If someone happens to know his name, I'll retcon the change. In the meantime, the other driver is Percival, or Percy for short, though don't expect him to answer to "Percy" unless your name is Jarvis.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-10, 03:20 AM
Best I can tell, we're waiting on Croverus and Miss to say things.

If Feddin and Gwen don't say anything by the time I post tomorrow, 2/10/13, I'll move the campaign along.

Croverus
2013-02-11, 02:35 PM
My laptop was stolen Friday morning. I won't be posting as frequently until I get a replacement.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-11, 03:29 PM
Dude that sucks. If we have an encounter, would you like to have a designated player play your character?

inexorabletruth
2013-02-11, 03:41 PM
Hey guys: I rolled your Sense Motives for you in order to keep gameplay moving forward.

Jungian
2013-02-11, 08:11 PM
A knowledge check for Goblin habitation in caves, particularly focused on the average number of goblin inhabitants.

[roll0] Knowledge. Do goblins fall into a category of knowledge nature?

If so +5 to the check

inexorabletruth
2013-02-15, 03:13 PM
If you're like me, you're probably struggling to keep up with all the relevant NPCs on your current quest. Therefore, I've put a roster of relevant NPCSs on post 1 of the OOC thread. I hope that helps.

Croverus
2013-02-15, 09:26 PM
Don't forget Feddin's potential love interest. :smallwink:

inexorabletruth
2013-02-16, 04:01 AM
Right you are. The Orean no doubt belongs there. Though maintaining a long distance bi-lingual relationship in this campaign is going to be an exercise in the purest form of optimism I can think of.