PDA

View Full Version : Random Adventures OOC (D&D 3.5)



Pages : [1] 2 3

inexorabletruth
2012-05-21, 04:41 PM
Okay... here's how we're going to do this. This OOC will serve as the hub for the IC thread(s). I'll assign you an IC thread once roll call is over. If you have any requests to play with a certain player, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to make it work.

General Housekeeping:

Your first post should contain your character's name, race, class and personality trait, so I can sort you out easier.
Please put your character sheet in your signature. If you just don't want to put your character in your signature, then please link to your character sheet in each IC post you make for ease of reference.
When you post in IC, please post in 3rd person and use your name at least once.
When you post in IC, please use the name of the character you're talking to when applicable. Ex: Tom turned to Jerry and whispered, "I'ma getchu stupid mouse."
Please stake your claim on your favorite posting color. As is stated in my signature, mine is dark red.
"Dialog should be in quotes"
"Dialog in a language that isn't Common should be in italics and in quotes."
Inner monolog, if you chose to use it, should be in italics.
Rolls and Translations should have a heading and be spoilered.
Example:
When pressed by the town mayor to explain his actions, the Goliath merely sneered and says, "Elieka kukanath mali kothek, naulae kukanath mali anemakua!"
Translation:
Gol-Kaa phrase: "Fast goats provide drink, slow goats provide food."
Please stay in character in the IC thread and out of character in the OOC thread. Rolls should be kept in the IC thread, but spoilered. If you have a question but don't know how to ask it in character, then drop it in the OOC thread or shoot a PM to the appropriate recipient.


House Rules:

Please shoot me a PM if you think I'm being unfair about something. I'm happy when the players are happy, and I welcome all your feedback. :smallsmile:
If we're in initiative, you have 24 hours to post, or you automatically delay action until the end of the round. If you still don't post on your delayed turn, I'll roll for you.
If you're interacting with something or someone out of initiative and the game can't progress until you've responded, you have 24 hours to post or I'll post for you.
If I post for you, I will shoot you a PM and let you know I've done so.
If I have to post for you too frequently, I will check up on you with a PM one final time. If I don't hear from you within 24 hours of the final PM, I'll write you out of the campaign. You may attempt to rejoin by posting your intent to do so in the OOC, but I chose when or if you get to post next in the IC.
Please post in initiative order. I'll post your INIT before combat starts.
Called Shots: Declare it is a called shot and describe your shot. I will tell you the consequences of a successful called shot, and you may decide from there whether or not you want to pursue it that way. Usually the result is similar to a watered down Power Attack. Post the request in OOC or PM, but post your final choice in IC.
Heal Checks: A successful first aid check heals 1d4 HP. You can heal a patient this way every 4 hours. If the patient receives new damage before the 4 hours are up, you can treat him/her again and roll 1d4 for HP gain.
Paladins: If you roll a Paladin, you may chose any of the variant Paladins available in the WoTC Materials.
Everything in the "world" can be interacted with and used. Explore and interact with the setting and it may pay off.
RPXP will be handed out throughout the campaign. I have no specific rule for this, but if you describe something that helps fill out the story, helps me visualize the combat, or just amuses me, I'll toss you a 10 XP bonus. They pile up quickly.
Combat XP can be given out for winning an encounter; not just for beating all the enemies up. I'll give the same XP for reasoning/intimidating (whatever) with an opponent until they give up as I would for turning it into a blood fountain.
RAW beats all (except the aforementioned house-rules). If you want to dispute a judgment call I've made, give me a RAW reason why I'm wrong and you win. I'm not always going to be right, and I'm cool with being called out.
Please put book/page references or web links to your feats for easy reference in your character sheet.
We have some noobs in this game so I'm posting the golden rule of D&D: This game is supposed to be fun for all of us. Griefers and bullies in the OOC thread will be reported to the mods and booted from the game. On the other side of that coin, what happens in IC stays in IC. It's unreasonable to expect a LG Paladin to get along with a CN Rogue all the time. There will be differences of opinion in content, and that's part of the fun of RP. Please don't take role-playing personally.
I'm okay with roll-play as long as it compliments role-play. If you're like me, you sometimes prefer to roll the dice first, then describe your actions based on your results. (A Bard who nat 1s on a perform check isn't going to have the performance of a lifetime, so I'd be likely to incorporate some missed notes and fudged lyrics in my description in that case.) I'm cool with that. Just don't give me a post with only a roll in it. That's lame.


Current Relevant NPCs:
Jarvis: Merchant Extraordinaire
Percival: Jarvis's assistant coach driver. Acts like a fancy butler.
Ollie: A simple merchant. Generally light-hearted.

Charlie: Ollie's mule and a damn fine one.
Richard: A simple merchant. Gruff and self-important.

Mule: Ollie's mule. Richard doesn't name mules.
Simon: A simple merchant. Struggle's with his mule a lot.

Sophie: Simon's mule. A sensitive and stubborn mule, probably because he has a female name.
Cart Merchant 1: Sticks to his own business. Name and personality unknown.
Cart Merchant 2: Sticks to his own business. Name and personality unknown.
Gnomish Fellow: Smelly, hairy, and steals a lot. But he seems friendly and well intended enough. Percival hates him.
The Orean: A fey known by Feddin. She is believed to be a dark and violent creature, but she may just be misunderstood.

Okay. Now that's out of the way, welcome to the OOC thread! *hands you a cup of coffee and turns on the radio (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/15%20Playin%27%20With%20My%20Friends.mp3).* Let's party!

missmvicious
2012-05-21, 04:47 PM
Gwen
the Human Paladin of Freedom
has Strong Opinions on Morals & Politics
and will use purple to describe her actions and speak in black (to make my life easier.)

Lexin
2012-05-21, 06:16 PM
Felix Lynn
The Fat Halfling Monk
Will speak in Blue

Cloudsmeet
2012-05-21, 06:42 PM
Terlew Fanhathol Whispergleam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=402689)
the female Gnomish Necromancer
who, surprisingly, is very curious.
Is so anti-gnome-wizard-cliche that it's almost a cliche.

Still buying items and working out whether I want any flaws/traits and what the resultant feats might be, but that should be done with shortly.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll be posting in my usual teal!

AshesOfOld
2012-05-21, 07:02 PM
Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle
A gnome paladin played with a will. And neurotically so.
His colour shall be Seagreen!

Question(s): Do we need to colour our entire posts, cause I usually just colour talk and inner voice?

Do we describe our actions in past or present tense?

UpholderSSK
2012-05-21, 07:38 PM
Fanter, the obsequious male half-elf barbarian, will be addressing all you noble and upstanding members of the adventuring persuasion in the color dark orange.

That is, of course, if it's not too bright for your reading comfort.

More character details to come! Still hammering him out. DM, do you mind if PM you a question or two?

Jungian
2012-05-21, 08:56 PM
Oscar, the dandy human wizard, who will be speaking in bolded dark slate gray

Here is his sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=402726)

Still working on finishing it, some fluff/spells/stuff.

Xacerbate
2012-05-21, 11:16 PM
Ulfgar Ungart, the Rude Dwarven Wizard who will be speaking in Dark Blue.

Any changes to sheets will be done tomorrow most likely, unless someone wants to PM me.

Croverus
2012-05-22, 03:34 PM
Gordid Swordbreaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13258764&postcount=5)
The Dwarven Barbarian
Has dark red eyes
Will be speaking in "Bold Dark Red"

AshesOfOld
2012-05-22, 04:51 PM
Hey guys (could have sworn Inex had a post responding to my previous questions??)
Anyway, I've come up with some more, yay! (I know, I'm annoying that way).

Should we try and combine our backstories, to work us out as an adventuring party, or do we just get to know eachother along the way?

I don't know which I prefer, though the first one is usually a lot less boring, without allthe filler before you get to something plot-related (whether sandbox or not).

Do you have a battleplan, Inex, or do we take it to the vote?

inexorabletruth
2012-05-22, 05:45 PM
I did. I just deleted them as a part of thread housekeeping.

Backstories, backstories... :smallconfused:

You know what? I can work with integrated backstories if that's what you want. :smallwink: I'm beginning to think that the two IC threads can have cross-over campaigns from time to time which would be a great opportunity for friends and family members to reunite on-the-job.

The campaign story will be based on the type of characters that get posted between yesterday at 4:41 pm and tomorrow at 4:41 pm.

missmvicious
2012-05-22, 10:20 PM
So I am typically for integrated back stories. But I quite like mine so if they fit together then I am all for it.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-23, 01:31 AM
Here's Fanter, the obsequious half-elf barbarian. He'll be offering his services as a gentleman's not-so-gentle man to the party and serving refreshments at camp on a heavy steel tray that also is handy for bashing people's faces in.

I usually do the background first, but I'm waiting to see what we decide about integrated backgrounds. If one of you is of noble descent or at least from a wealthy background, he could even be a trusted family valet of yours brought along on the adventure. If not, I'll come up with something. :smallsmile:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=402648

Jungian
2012-05-23, 03:31 PM
[roll0]

I've finished spells. Working on his backstory and equipment, which should be finished shortly.

Finished, the low born tailor boy with dreams of nobility

AshesOfOld
2012-05-23, 04:14 PM
Well, my Gnome paladin has recently left his monastery, so it makes sense that he (completely randomly) bumps into some of you guys, and *DETECT EVIL!* decides that adventuring in a group *DETECT EVIL!* is better than alone.
Maybe we've met on the road and found a liking *DETECT EVIL!* (no? ok, you're good) for eachother?

missmvicious
2012-05-23, 04:33 PM
Well, my Gnome paladin has recently left his monastery, so it makes sense that he (completely randomly) bumps into some of you guys, and *DETECT EVIL!* decides that adventuring in a group *DETECT EVIL!* is better than alone.
Maybe we've met on the road and found a liking *DETECT EVIL!* (no? ok, you're good) for eachother?

I think our characters are probably just different enough to really get on each other's nerves.

Lexin
2012-05-23, 05:23 PM
I think our characters are probably just different enough to really get on each other's nerves.

...and it is necessary in every team.

Edit: Ah, and my character would happily team up with everyone, just ... 'Don't! Touch! My! DONUTS!'

Croverus
2012-05-23, 08:01 PM
As long as you aren't a monk, my guy's ok with you.

Lexin
2012-05-23, 08:08 PM
As long as you aren't a monk, my guy's ok with you.

'You little...!' says Felix looking right into Gordid's eyes. (he probably needs to look straight up to do it...)

Croverus
2012-05-23, 08:11 PM
"Bring it on!" Cracks knuckles.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-24, 04:03 AM
I apologize for the wait. After work, I had some surprise company over.

Ok... so a quick roll call here:

Gwen Human Paladin of Freedom
Felix Lynn the Halfling Monk
Terlew Fanthalol Whispergleam the Gnome Wizard Necromancer
Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle the Gnome Paladin
Fanter the Half-Elf Barbarian
Oscar the Human Wizard
Ulfgar the Dwarven Wizard
Gordid Swordbreaker the Dwarven Barbarian


Here's a few thoughts I have:

Just a ragtag bunch of adventurers on the road (all 8 of you in one campaign)
Guilds (not really):
- Team 1: on a divine quest: Felix, Fimble, Gwen, Gordid.
- Team 2: on an kill-the-evil-overlord quest: Terlew, Oscar, Ulfgar, Fanter
"Races of" Quest: (each of you come from a clan/race or clan alliance):
- Team 1: Gwen, Oscar, Fanter, Felix
- Team 2: Terlew, Fimble, Ulfgar, Gordid
Party Balance Quest (self explanatory):
- Team 1: Fimble, Oscar, Fanter, Felix
- Team 2: Gwen, Terlew, Ulfgar, Gordid


Let's have a vote. Majority wins.

Notes on the campaign ideas:

Ragtag Bunch: I've never hosted a campaign that large, but I've got lots of ideas. Therefore, I think I'm going to make this one a sandbox campaign. You guys determine its direction. You'll start in a rather large port city.

Guilds: Team 1, you're all serving as understudies of powerful representatives of your order who are attending the Council of Martivir, which occurs once every ten years, to discuss and orchestrate the continued alliances of all peace-loving races and territories. Team 2, you're what's left of a rebellion troup that is fighting against a powerful usurper and his villainous horde.

"Races of": Team 1, you're a group of traveling friends. Adventure has brought you together. Pretty straightforward. Team 2, a new alliance between Gnomes and Dwarves has brought about amazing opportunities for trade. The Dwarves have asked the Gnomes to join them in a trade conference with Deep Gnomes, in exchange for rare and exotic dwarven weapons and armor.

Party Balance Quest: This will basically be two separate dungeon delver quests. Team 1s "dungeon" will be a forest and team 2's dungeon will be underground.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-24, 06:34 AM
All the options sound pretty good, but I have to say my vote's for either option 2 or option 1. I like the idea of a port city-based sandbox, but I've DMed too many games to want to throw an 8-member party at someone lol

Option 2 sounds like it will be a lot of fun, especially if we have the opportunity for "crossover" or "guest star" appearances from time to time with the other group. This option looks the best to me.

Looking forward to getting rolling with you guys!

AshesOfOld
2012-05-24, 06:44 AM
Nice work, Inex!

I'm not a big fan of sandbox on pbp. I don't how you are as a DM, but these things tend to run out in the, well, sand.

I like option 2, it fits my character a lot, and there is good basis for some rp.

Either that or option 4, I'm in the mood for some old-fashioned dungeon-crawl.

missmvicious
2012-05-24, 05:23 PM
I like option 1 the most. I just worry about the drop off that typically happens when a campaign first hits the IC leaving one group more screwed. I realize there is some redundancy but that I think is going to happen in several of these set ups.
After that I like option four. That is probably the least redundant and I enjoy the idea of one team being all chaos.
Third choice is option three, would work well with my choice of language and all that. I was already considering adding a thing involving traveling with a halfling caravan to my backstory anyway.
Least of all I think is option two.
That is my two cp.

Lexin
2012-05-24, 05:30 PM
Vote for 1, although it is hard to coordinate.

Second option... 4 or 3 (both described briefly, but I prefer that than 2... even though my character is a monk, he isn't very divine...)

Jungian
2012-05-24, 06:07 PM
I cast my vote for 3 or 4. It's hard to coordinate 8 people in a campaign.

Croverus
2012-05-24, 07:26 PM
I'd most enjoy either 1, or if handling all 8 at once is too much, option 4 makes the most sense.

3 is a possible 3rd choice. Don't like 2, my character wouldn't be involved in anything divine.

Cloudsmeet
2012-05-24, 09:31 PM
I'm all for taking down an evil tyrant, but other people don't seem to want to do the peace summit thing, so I don't mind.

I'm also against racial segregation :smalltongue:

So I pick option 4!

inexorabletruth
2012-05-25, 01:06 AM
Here's the tally:

Preferred Choices:
Option 1 has 3 votes
Option 2 has 2 votes
Option 3 has 1 vote
Option 4 has 1 vote

Backup Choices:
Option 1 has 1 vote
Option 4 has 5 votes

Option 4 got the most backup votes, but Option 1 got the most preferred votes. So, in the spirit of this whole thing, let's roll for for it. 1 = Option 1, 2 = Option 4.

[roll0]

Option 1, the sandbox, has it.

Jungian
2012-05-25, 08:40 AM
Any ideas yet on the details of the sandbox world?

Lexin
2012-05-25, 09:33 AM
Any ideas yet on the details of the sandbox world?

We are all ninjas!!... or

We got planar-sucked into another dimension, we are in a jungle and need to survive/ find civilization/ go back to our own world, just after beating an evil tyrant ruling this world (optional)... or

It was a beautiful day and suddenly there was this strange light all over the world which changed everything, now there are monsters everywhere which came from... exactly! Where did they come from? Why some parts of the world have planar traits now?... or

...Faerun Waterdeep+ mercenary guilds/ Amn+ guild wars (Thieves/divine/hooded wizards/Harpers)...

... just pooling ideas (I am not DM)...

Croverus
2012-05-25, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Lexin;13287161]We got planar-sucked into another dimension, we are in a jungle and need to survive/ find civilization/ go back to our own world, just after beating an evil tyrant ruling this world (optional)... QUOTE]

I kinda like this idea of yours.

But obviously it is up to the DM.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-25, 01:21 PM
Sorry for not posting the IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13288263#post13288263) until now. My internet has been a bit spotty for the last 12 hours.

Sorry... for now, no planar rift campaigns. I've done 'em, and they're great fun, but I wouldn't be able to give it the attention it deserves. The last planar campaign I ran was a huge time sink, (I do my research for verisimilitude) and I eventually had to chose between the campaign and my wife and son. I obviously chose family. It remains, to this day, the only campaign I've ever bailed on. We may do some planes jumping when you guys reach higher levels, but for now, let's just be what lvl 1 adventurers are: inexperienced rookies who are just breaking out of the humdrum of NPC life and are finally ready to take on the world.

Now, I'm going to go build an IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13288263#post13288263).

In the meantime, please fluff out your relationship with each other. I'd prefer not to do a meet-up. You guys all know each other at least because you've been on the same boat together for god-knows-how-many weeks. You don't all have to stay together, I can handle split campaigns, but to keep meta knowledge to a minimum, everything that only you know at the moment will be kept in PM. Only the information that the entire group is privy to will be posted in the IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13288263#post13288263).

Ok... it's up. Also, remember this is FR refluffed. The map and the names of cities towns and etc are the same, but much of the inner dynamics have changed. So if you want to know some stuff about the city, opening the FR Campaign Setting won't get you as far as you'd hoped. Still, you guys have a basic knowledge of all metropolises, large cities, and small cities. If there's anything you want to know about Neverwinter in the context of this campaign, just ask.

missmvicious
2012-05-25, 01:37 PM
So that one campaign he dropped out of wasn't even 100% he dropped out. I can be extremely jealous of my honey bunny's time and our son is a year and a half so I am sure you can guess how much time and attention he takes. Fortunately since this is play by post he can react to thing instead of planning out for everything he thinks we might do.

Anyways if anyone wants to be from the rebel movement from my back story we could be bestest best friends IC.

Croverus
2012-05-25, 01:43 PM
Not really sure the best place I can fit in... Mybe me and the dwarf wizard are cousins or something, and I'm meeting up with them to act as some muscle on their endeavours?

UpholderSSK
2012-05-25, 03:06 PM
I have to say it looks to me like Fanter and Oscar Arceneau are designed to be a pair. The up-and-coming wizard who wants to be a gentleman and the been-around-the-block butler who wants to be a gentleman's gentleman. Sure, maybe Fanter's last employer had to let him go because of a slight temper problem. But honestly, the Viscount Dunarth had insulted the family and Fanter wasn't the sort to stand for that kind of thing. And the silverware had only been thrown NEAR the Viscount, not in him. Surely they knew that was on purpose?

*ahem*

In any case, if Oscar doesn't want to have brought his manservant along, I'm sure I can find some other way to integrate into the group. :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2012-05-25, 03:33 PM
Lol! This DM is amused.

Jungian
2012-05-25, 04:15 PM
No, I love the idea of Fanter being Oscar's manservant. His services are at a discount, perhaps, and Oscar views Fanter as a project to be turned into a true gentlemen. Plus Oscar can't be walking around carrying what he needs, 8 strength, and he needs someone meaty to be in front of him.

Oscar will be make Fanter the most dandified butler, and will take him straight to the top of high society with him. Plus, Fanter gets to enjoy the benefits of being a transmutation specialist wizards butler.

PM a link to his backstory and some ideas you have about how they met, the dynamics of their relationship.

Oscar is a tailor, so you will be a sharp looking barbarian.

"Fanter...Please inform me that fearsome howl was NOT you...I just had finished stitching your outfit from when you ran out of salt when making stew yesterday..."

With the difference in their age, Fanter would probably be in more of mentoring position since his experience would be invaluable to oscar.

missmvicious
2012-05-25, 08:24 PM
So anyone want to be an awesome freedom fighter with me?
(I'm looking at you chaotic people)

Croverus
2012-05-25, 10:49 PM
I could work something into my backstory, maybe. My guy ispretty against strict doctrines and codes in general.

missmvicious
2012-05-25, 10:57 PM
So is he an anarchist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZ_9-rbslo)?

AshesOfOld
2012-05-26, 06:11 AM
Lexin, it would kinda make sense that we know eachother, or at least have talked a lot, since we're both from monasteries.

Also just noticed that you have DR100/everything on your sheet. That's pretty impressive! Must be all that lard... I mean thickness of bones! So I definitely want to be in your good graces :smallbiggrin:.

Fimble is not as quick to judge as some paladins, so I don't think he'll have pissed anyone greatly off (only maybe annoyed them with the whole detect evil thing). He could basically be friends with all of you.

Lexin
2012-05-26, 08:54 AM
Nothing against teaming up with gnome paladin (great picture btw).
If you want, Felix could teach Fimble the ways of Rolling Boulder style... "... No! First the salad, then meat and only then add the sauce!... Argh not the red one, it is used with potatoes!..."

They could share their memories from monasteries:
"...You should have seen his face, when he was chosen to pair up with me on the over-arm-throw practice lesson!..."
"...There were a lot of good people in the monastery, maybe even some saints... but I am almost sure that cook was an agent from Nine Hells ... who else would make something like that?..."

And he could help you with getting/selling items:
"...nah it is not a problem, my pops is a merchant, you know?..."

AshesOfOld
2012-05-26, 11:37 AM
Thank you :smallsmile: the paladin or the profile?
Fimble would be all for that!
"...Are you sure this is good? I wouldn't want too many trans fats. Oh, delicious though..."

"...Please don't joke about these things, my dear Felix. I'm paranoid enough about foods as it is. Our librarian actually *was* a succubus. We did wonder why the holy scriptures always sounded like they contained profanity at mass..."

"...Well, my master always told me I shouldn't haggle with prices, but these 'business models' you're referring to sound very interesting...

Lexin
2012-05-26, 02:39 PM
Thank you :smallsmile: the paladin or the profile?


I like both but was thinking about paladin at the time.

Looks like it will be a fun one :smallbiggrin:

missmvicious
2012-05-26, 03:27 PM
Hey home slices, a lot of you are missing your character sheets in your signatures and didn't post them in your post IC.

Lexin
2012-05-26, 03:29 PM
Hey home slices, a lot of you are missing your character sheets in your signatures and didn't post them in your post IC.


...I just checked yours *looking at the picture*... you know... I don't know how to tell you that, but she doesn't look paladinish to me...:smalltongue:

AshesOfOld
2012-05-26, 04:24 PM
Meh, I like it when people differ from the whole "This is how x is 'supposed' to look like.

I also wanna note that I've never been referred to as a home slice by anyone before, so thank you.

missmvicious
2012-05-26, 09:22 PM
@Lexin This is my first character dressed like that. Part of that was just how hard it was to find a girl wielding a trident that isn't a mermaid or a devil. I decided to embrace it though.

@Ashes My pleasure. I am a gangsta
>totally serious :smallcool:

AshesOfOld
2012-05-27, 08:01 AM
@miss That's what I figured. M to the V to the Icious and all. I've never been as street as you, I think, but my milkshake does bring all the boys to the yard.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-28, 12:19 PM
Am I the only one that gets notifications that the IC thread has updated, but when I go to check it, nothing new shows up? I replied chasing down the little scallywag, but it never showed up. It shows up in my list of posts authored by me if you check my profile, though.

Lexin
2012-05-28, 12:26 PM
there are two post that don't show. (at least when I look)

When you click Post Reply you can check all posts. (but the thread still counts as unchecked)

inexorabletruth
2012-05-28, 02:07 PM
The forum has be acting weird lately. Several of my posts have been eaten lately too. I guess GitP is just getting heavy traffic lately.

AshesOfOld
2012-05-28, 02:46 PM
there are two post that don't show. (at least when I look)

When you click Post Reply you can check all posts. (but the thread still counts as unchecked)

This. Worked for me too.

We get these gremlins once in a while, they usually pass in a few days, when they've located the bastards and murdered them.

I keep telling them not to feed them past midnight, but they never listen...

inexorabletruth
2012-05-28, 02:59 PM
Quick poll:
Who is following the child and who is still at the inn?

UpholderSSK
2012-05-28, 03:42 PM
Fanter is chasing the child as per his master's orders, though currently he's letting the others chase while he cuts around a side road to try and get in front of the boy and block off his escape. Running through the streets like common hooligans chasing a small child wouldn't be a very dignified way for the butler of the future House of Arceneau to behave, would it? :smallwink:

AshesOfOld
2012-05-28, 04:48 PM
Still following the child

Croverus
2012-05-28, 09:08 PM
I'm staying at the Inn

Cloudsmeet
2012-05-28, 11:14 PM
I'm with whichever group pulled her along with them, most likely the inn.

AshesOfOld
2012-05-29, 04:38 PM
Wait, I think I turned things around in my head. I can't really ready an action for someone going in the wrong direction, can I? Since I can't edit new rolls into the old post, I'll post a new one and cross over the other.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-29, 05:08 PM
Tallying up some RPXP. Sorry I've been lax on that. Instead of PM'ing it to you, I'm just going to dump it here, so I can do it all in one post. Don't be offended if you didn't get much as much RPXP as others. Your time will come. Some things are built towards certain characters. I try to spread it around as evenly as possible, but those who slipped through the cracks will get theirs later.

RPXP (in alphabetical order):
Fanter 10
Felix 20
Fimble 20
Gwen 10
Oscar 30
Terlew 10

Also, Felix, you stabilized the boy (DC 15). As per the house-rule, please roll 1d4.

And finally, the overrun attempt is a surprise round between the big guy and Fanter. Please roll initiative, all who chose to be in the fight.

Lexin
2012-05-29, 05:12 PM
Also, Felix, you stabilized the boy (DC 15). As per the house-rule, please roll 1d4.


Sorry, forgot about that.

[roll0]


Edit: And he would prefer to stay near the kid, but if the fight would last more than 2 rounds he would join to help.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-29, 05:51 PM
Initiative for Fanter (not sure if you've already rolled for him due to the surprise round, but here it is anyone just in case)

[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-29, 05:56 PM
Derp; I forgot that I said I'd toll the inits. INIT order coming up.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-29, 06:21 PM
Ok... Initiative results are up. It's sloppy, but there was a lot going on.

After Fanter rolls an opposed STR check (go ahead and roll two to speed things up), we'll begin initiative. Fanter if you win the opposed STR check, you may immediately roll an opposed STR check to knock the Big Guy prone. If you fail, you hit the ground like a ton of bricks and Big Guy can keep charging on through.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-29, 07:01 PM
Battle Grid:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/Random%20Adventures/Battle%20Grid.jpg

I find it's best to declare your moves like you're calling out Bingo. For instance, If I were the guard (located at B5) I'd declare a standard, straightforward move to H5.

Debris and terrain rules apply.

My apologies to Fanter. I found a silver haired Half-Elf who looked pissed and made that your character image. I hope it suits the desired impression. If you have a character you would prefer me to use, please post it in OOC or add it to your character sheet.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-29, 08:26 PM
That image is fine enough for my purposes, though I am wishing I hadn't made that second opposed Str roll. :smallannoyed:

Jungian
2012-05-29, 09:14 PM
That was quite a rough roll Upholder, just furthering demonstrating the symbiotic relationship between warrior and wizard.

Also Upholder, is their any particular style of clothing that Fanter would enjoy or desire? I imagine Oscar would enjoy crafting a fine suit for his servant.

I am also going to make a current location list, as courtesy dictates that Oscar engage his companions in polite conversation once his current discussion is completed.

Kid:
Fanter
Felix
Gwen
Fimble

Inn:
Oscar
Terlew
Gordid

MIA:
Ulfgar

I foresee a vigorous academic discussion on the finer applications of magic :smallwink:

How long has it been since Fanter left? I imagine something around 10-15 minutes.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-29, 11:37 PM
@ Fanter:
Not bad, but the Big Guy can auto-succeed on his second opposed strength check. You stop his movement, but do not knock him prone.

AshesOfOld
2012-05-30, 04:46 AM
I declared my action earlier, but I guess I'll move from B6 to J6 to charge the small guy.
Is that wagon in the way, or is it just fluff? If it is in the way, I suppose I can't bypass that guard? (Sorry, I've never used a battle grid before)

inexorabletruth
2012-05-30, 05:08 AM
If you want, we can say that you are where the guard is, I had to slap the battle grid up in a hurry. Since the guard was the last one on the scene, it's fair to say that he is the furthest behind. That would put you at J5 and standing over the now prone cloaked figure, and successfully within range to smite.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-30, 05:23 AM
Fanter, you have an attack now, but you'll have to shift forward in order to attack. You've got flanking. I'll shimmy your results in between Gwen and Fimble's results.

AshesOfOld
2012-05-30, 05:23 AM
Well, since Gwen has just silenced him forever more, I don't think there's much reason to smite his dying body.
Or did you mean that Fimble is in range to smite the big guy? In that case he'll definitely do that.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-30, 05:30 AM
Yup... he totally smote the half-ogre.

AshesOfOld
2012-05-30, 05:39 AM
Yeah, that half-ogre must be one pissed off smitee. I hope he doesn't get smitten.

Btw, Upholder props for shrugging off a bullrush from a half-ogre :smallsmile:.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-30, 07:10 AM
Hey, it's all part of the butler service. :smallwink: I'll be serving tea afterwards.

Wasn't sure if by shimmy my results in you meant I should do it OOC or not, so feel free to strike-through my IC post and add it your own way. :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2012-05-30, 02:16 PM
All I did was edit post 53.

Posting for the guard now.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-30, 02:24 PM
Guys at the inn, sorry. I just got called in to work. I promise I haven't forgotten about you. This is frustrating. Night shift shouldn't have to work days. I'll post when I get home.

missmvicious
2012-05-30, 03:23 PM
I WAS NOT expecting to drop that guy in one hit. I feel a little bad.

Lexin
2012-05-30, 03:25 PM
You know... I thought about what to do with this monk.
What do you guys think, should I multiclass with cleric, psychic warrior or just stay as monk and try to use stunning well?

AshesOfOld
2012-05-30, 03:31 PM
What's your rule on free actions? If I wanna write a post just with Fimble talking, but it's kind of an intimidate (where the rules say it's a standard action) though not to make the opponent shaken, but to influence his actions. Can I break initiative, or should it be part of my next turn?

@mvicious Well, since you did 7 dmg, he should just be bleeding to death right now, so if we have a skilled healer, we should be able to save the evil hooded criminal. You know, if you want.

EDIT:@Lexin A cleric would be nice, but there are other ways to get a healer, and I don't want you to feel obligated to become the party band-aid if that was your thought.
What were your thoughts behind going the psychic warrior route?

Lexin
2012-05-30, 03:45 PM
Intimidate
Action
Varies. Changing anotherís behavior requires 1 minute of interaction. Intimidating an opponent in combat is a standard action.

Edit: Why psychic warrior? system - quite many possibilities how to improve fighting abilities, and I don't loose much thanks to tashalatora feat

true reason... expansion

http://images.wikia.com/romanianaruto/ro/images/9/9b/Choji-2-.jpg

Jungian
2012-05-30, 06:43 PM
Psychic warrior is still one of my favorite classes. Interesting powers, though skills are a little lackluster. See about mantled warrior acf I think it is an online article.

UpholderSSK
2012-05-30, 06:47 PM
Call weaponry is probably one of my favorite early psychic warrior powers, just because in one game the DM would occasionally describe the reaction of the person whose weapon the psychic warrior had summoned when it came back to them covered in blood. :smalltongue:

inexorabletruth
2012-05-31, 01:21 PM
Okay... new round battle grid is up; sorry for the wait. Huge thunderstorm last night + server issues on GitP = wait until the next day:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/Random%20Adventures/BattleGrid.jpg

The guards were summoned to arrive at the end of round 1, but cannot act until their turn on round two.

Initiative for the guards:
Guard 2: [roll0]
Guard 3: [roll1]
Guard 4: [roll2]

The whistle serves as a standard call for backup, so obviously the guards come in aware of danger, therefore get top-of-the-init privileges. Here is the new initiative:

1. Guard 4
2. Guard 2
3. Guard 3
4. Gwen
5. Fimble
6. Fanter
7. Guard NPC
8. Big Guy
9. Felix (due to delayed initiative in round 1)

inexorabletruth
2012-05-31, 02:04 PM
I'll be danged. :smallcool: You stunned the half-ogre. The Big Guy can't act for one round, is flat-footed, and takes a -2 to AC.

Lexin
2012-05-31, 02:30 PM
I'll be danged. :smallcool: You stunned the half-ogre. The Big Guy can't act for one round, is flat-footed, and takes a -2 to AC.

My work here is done. :smallcool:

Jungian
2012-05-31, 02:49 PM
:smallsigh: Oscar's not getting his purse back is he...

Though hopefully Fanter comes back, as I don't believe he has killed anyone (yet).

UpholderSSK
2012-05-31, 03:02 PM
Technically we haven't killed anyone yet, my lord, just mortally wounded one and beat some sense into the other. :smallwink:

Lexin
2012-05-31, 03:36 PM
Yeah... I think Felix has healing in his blood...:smallcool:

I will think about this cleric. :smalltongue:

missmvicious
2012-05-31, 05:48 PM
Rolling to see how much health the little man regains.
[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-06-01, 05:15 AM
:smallsigh: Oscar's not getting his purse back is he...

Though hopefully Fanter comes back, as I don't believe he has killed anyone (yet).

TBH, this was originally a bit of comic relief that just sort of escalated. The kid was built for stealing, but nothing about this was an actual plot hook. Still I call it how I see it. Somebody calls for a guard, the guard arrives in time to see a blood-soaked child in an alleyway and some crazy chick skewering people like hot dogs at a barbecue. Naturally, he does what guards do. Well... I'm amused, anyway. You've been a very surprising group, so far, and you've opened up worlds of plot opportunities that I would never have thought of without the help. :smallbiggrin:

I'm just as on the edge of my seat as you are. He might get it back; he might not. Your guess is as good as mine about what will happen next. But, don't worry Jungian, if Felix can't get his purse back, there are a million ways to make a quick buck in Neverwinter. :smallwink:

However, this is a good time to bring this up.

Surgeon General's Warning on Inexorable Truth's Sandbox Games:
I don't make pseudo-sandboxes (linear plots in a sandbox's clothing). You can seriously do anything... you... want. :smallcool: There are no "true" plot hooks, no railroads, no ECL appropriate encounters. The world is out there for you to explore. Sit down and have a nice cup of tea at A Quiet Knight Inn, or set the building on fire; take the next boat out of town or usurp the city; urinate in the well, or run naked through the streets. It's your story. All I offer is a world to explore and consequences (good or bad) for your actions. I'll throw some stuff at you that is designed to interest you or challenge you, or both... but that has less to do with any story idea than it does with your character concept. I like the work you all put into your characters, and I will make sure to present many opportunities for you to make use of every aspect of them throughout the course of the game, but the fate of your PCs are in your hands, and of course, at the hands of the forum dice roller, to some extent. :smalltongue:

inexorabletruth
2012-06-01, 05:20 AM
Sorry, Miss. Lexin beat you to it. Only one heal check like that per four hours. If you wish to use magic, you're welcome to it.

missmvicious
2012-06-01, 03:01 PM
FYI I kinda would have to put the trident down to heal that guy.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-02, 11:43 AM
@ AshesofOld: You can always assume the basics about all town guards. For the most part they're just doing their job. But very few of them will be any smarter, stronger, or more capable than Warrior class NPCs. Some will be corrupt, some altruistic. Some will fancy themselves as superheroes, while others are basically just thugs with a badge. To know more about the mentality of the guards in Neverwinter, or about a specific guard, you may want to roll a Knowledge check. The rest can be picked up in context.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-02, 12:42 PM
FYI:
The battle was actually pretty short, a little over 6 seconds (a round and a turn, I believe), so no more than 15 minutes has actually passed since the group split up.

AshesOfOld
2012-06-03, 12:15 PM
@missmvicious Are you changing the form of colour for talk and narration on purpose? :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2012-06-03, 02:39 PM
Posting This For My Sanity:
Boy: DarkRed
Percy: Sienna
Graul: Olive
Sergeant: RoyalBlue
Captain: DarkOliveGreen
Officer Smith: Green
Officer Wright: DimGray
Young Officer: SlateGray

Sorry... I got off track, and may have used Slate Gray for Officer Smith's voice. The youngest of the guards is Slate Gray; Smith is not the youngest. He's just the first on the scene; I hope that didn't cause any confusion. Please let me know if I've stolen anyone's color, so I can fix it. I'm going to go edit my posts now to reflect what's stated here.

UpholderSSK
2012-06-03, 04:36 PM
Fanter's actually Dark Orange at the moment, but it's not a big deal for me to change if you want.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-03, 04:59 PM
Fixed. From now on, Percy will speak in Sienna.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-03, 06:42 PM
Terlew is speaking in teal, although she hasn't really got much to say at the moment, otherwise I'd be posting more.

Jungian
2012-06-03, 07:07 PM
Cloud I did have a question, is your skeleton familiar been with you all this time? Unless its something you can create whenever.

missmvicious
2012-06-03, 10:51 PM
@missmvicious Are you changing the form of colour for talk and narration on purpose? :smallsmile:

I didn't realize I changed it....:smalleek:
My narration should be purple and my speech in black. That's how I first ended up doing it and I am sticking with that so I don't get mixed up.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-04, 01:07 AM
Cloud I did have a question, is your skeleton familiar been with you all this time? Unless its something you can create whenever.

At the moment, I have neither a familiar nor a skeletal minion, due to both an agreement with the DM and financial difficulties. They wanted to limit level 1 class options to core only, and I also need 100 gold to be able to summon either
r the skeletal minion. So, expect him to appear the moment I hit level 2 and have a spare day to summon him. I do, however, have summon undead I which will allow me to summon an undead warrior should circumstances require.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-04, 02:03 AM
Terlew is speaking in teal, although she hasn't really got much to say at the moment, otherwise I'd be posting more.

Fixed it. I don't think I'm going to go back and sift through previous posts, but from now on, each of the NPCs you've met will speak in those colors.

And Terlew could respond to the question Grim asked her. Just a thought. :smalltongue:

AshesOfOld
2012-06-04, 03:13 AM
I didn't realize I changed it....:smalleek:
My narration should be purple and my speech in black. That's how I first ended up doing it and I am sticking with that so I don't get mixed up.

No no, I don't think you did. It just confused me, because everyone else narrates in black, but it's cool :smallcool:. As long as you, like you say, are consistent, it's fine by me.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-04, 06:12 AM
Fixed it. I don't think I'm going to go back and sift through previous posts, but from now on, each of the NPCs you've met will speak in those colors.

And Terlew could respond to the question Grim asked her. Just a thought. :smalltongue:

I didn't actually see that question. :smalleek:

I've been sitting down and half-typing out my next response a few times over the weekend but it's been a hard few days, some very personal matters that finished today so I'll sit down and get it done now.

missmvicious
2012-06-04, 07:16 AM
I manage to miss part of Inex's posts all the time. I even had him read the last one aloud to me and I still missed vial information.
Damn the fact that I dumped in Wisdom.

But I am glad the thing that made your weekend hard is over.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-04, 07:30 AM
For some reason I keep thinking that Grim is a dwarf PC that she's having to take over as well, which is not helping my mild confusion. I really need to sit down and read through the entire thread.

The dual storylines in the same thread is not helping, I think next time it might be a good idea to either not split the party, or split it into another thread to keep the storyline flowing.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-04, 11:36 AM
I don't want to over-corral the players. It wouldn't be a sandbox if you guys were forced to do things. No... the failure to keep things organized is my bad. I'll work a bit harder on thread house keeping. Some of the things I do to keep split campaigns nice and neat is by campaigning through PMs, but that would be a lot of work for a group this large. Instead I'll just keep everything spoilers with summary headers while the group is split and not bring it out of spoilers until the gang is all together. You're on your honor to just read what's part of your group.

Grim is the huge old guy behind the counter at the hotel. He asked you if you wanted a room as well.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-04, 11:46 AM
Grim is the huge old guy behind the counter at the hotel. He asked you if you wanted a room as well.

Oh, I know that. Don't worry, I just keep thinking for a second that he's not. I kind of skipped that question with something of that answer since others had already moved to their rooms for the night.

EDIT: Also, you're doing fine it was just a thought to make it easier for us, but since it's more for you to keep track of don't worry.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-04, 12:20 PM
BTW, those of you in the alleyway fight, 300 xp each.

missmvicious
2012-06-04, 03:37 PM
I love XP!

Lexin
2012-06-04, 03:49 PM
I love XP!

Now... we only need to beat 4-5 other random thugs and level up :smalltongue:

inexorabletruth
2012-06-04, 04:57 PM
@ Oscar: sending the guard's response via PM, since you're the only PC in the lobby at the mo'

missmvicious
2012-06-04, 05:55 PM
Now... we only need to beat 4-5 other random thugs and level up :smalltongue:

Without getting caught this time!

Anyways its my turn on the computer but Inex says that shops are still open but couldn't fix the shirt tonight. They'd need to keep it overnight.

Lexin
2012-06-04, 06:13 PM
Without getting caught this time!

Anyways its my turn on the computer but Inex says that shops are still open but couldn't fix the shirt tonight. They'd need to keep it overnight.

I more meant it so they could take measurements and I would pick it up tomorrow. ( just buying new outfit, I just assume they don't have size XXXXXL for Halflings...)

Jungian
2012-06-04, 06:26 PM
You could take it to a shop, or give it to Fanter and Oscar. Both have +5 to craft (tailor). It is also a skill I plan to add points to, Oscar deserves nice things.

UpholderSSK
2012-06-05, 11:10 AM
Indeed, I'm here to sew us all up again if we tear our clothes up being all heroic.

And don't worry, I am going somewhere with this cooking dinner thing, I'm not actually going to just RP all the steps of making roast duck for the fun of it. :smallwink:

inexorabletruth
2012-06-05, 11:36 AM
I don't believe anyone has taken colors from the top row, so I'm going to start claiming those colors for NPC stuff. Okay... new color assignments for known staff a A Quiet Knight Inn:

Sir Durgen Grimshaw: Sienna
Arthur the Doorman: DarkOliveGreen
Grim's Daughter: DarkGreen
Midge the Cook: DarkSlateBlue

UpholderSSK
2012-06-05, 12:24 PM
Come on, don't let my first meal be burned ... :smallwink:

[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-06-05, 01:03 PM
Since Fanter's conversation with Grim's daughter is way out of earshot of the rest of the group, we'll move this to PM.

AshesOfOld
2012-06-07, 06:24 AM
Who are we waiting for?

inexorabletruth
2012-06-07, 10:59 PM
Sorry for the hold up. I had a couple of setbacks. My schedule just changed by 11 hours (I've gone from going to work at 8 pm to going to work at 7 am, so I'm constantly worn out) to fill in for some staff that have gone on vacation. And the Miss is DM'ing a new campaign, which is in the setup phase, so that eats up a lot of computer time...

We've got to get a second computer. And I've got to get a case of Rockstar. Anyway, the hurly burly of campaign setup is over, and I'm just going to push through the sleeplessness. Moving forward!

AshesOfOld
2012-06-08, 04:09 AM
That's quite alright. I'm writing exams at the moment, so I'm desperately looking for better procrastination than "I'll go look in the fridge" and "Oh look, Friends is on".

inexorabletruth
2012-06-09, 06:27 AM
Lol. I've been there.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-10, 01:30 PM
I PM'd Cloudsmeet yesterday at 5:30. By the rules, he has 24 hours to post, or I'll post for him. By my clock, it's 1:30 pm now. If he doesn't drop a line by 5:30 pm, then assume that the guard came down with news that Terlew is asleep and declined to join you.

missmvicious
2012-06-10, 05:22 PM
I PM'd Cloudsmeet yesterday at 5:30. By the rules, he has 24 hours to post, or I'll post for him. By my clock, it's 1:30 pm now. If he doesn't drop a line by 5:30 pm, then assume that the guard came down with news that Terlew is asleep and declined to join you.

Oh wow that is like ten minutes from now! Maybe I should give you the computer...

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-11, 02:44 AM
Sorry guys, I've been in serious exam mode.

This time tomorrow I'll be in holiday mode so maybe Terlew will wake up and rush to join you

AshesOfOld
2012-06-11, 12:45 PM
Looking forward to having you back, mate.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-11, 02:29 PM
*Looks left... looks right*

Anyone seen an obsequious half-elf barbarian lately? I'm going to shoot him a PM and set the clock for 24 hours.

Also... I introduce a lot of characters in any game I run, but Neverwinter is a big city with thousands of NPCs to interact with. Keeping track of dialog colors is going to be a huge pain. So, from now on, I'm claiming dark red for all NPCs except for the following:

Sir Durgen Grimshaw: Sienna
Arthur the Doorman: DarkOliveGreen
Grim's Daughter: DarkGreen

since we're already used to those three speaking in that color. I'll take great care to clarify who is talking, so that none of this gets confusing. However, if you can't tell who's talking, feel free to ask. If it causes too much confusion, I'll switch my dialog layout to script layout.

Jungian
2012-06-11, 03:07 PM
I was holding off answering Giselda question in hopes Fanter would deliver dinner, I'll post sometime tonight if nothing pops up

inexorabletruth
2012-06-12, 12:02 PM
He PM'd me and told me he's waiting for a specific time. So, I suppose we just carry on without him until he pops in with dinner.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-12, 02:03 PM
Well that's just spiffy... :smallmad:

I had a great post set up and my browser crashed just as I was preparing to click submit. FML. Posting attempt number 2 coming up. I'll try to remember what all I typed.

UpholderSSK
2012-06-12, 03:17 PM
I hate that feeling, man. It is never as witty or well-written the second time you try to do it. :smallannoyed:

AshesOfOld
2012-06-12, 05:02 PM
Well that's just spiffy... :smallmad:

I had a great post set up and my browser crashed just as I was preparing to click submit. FML. Posting attempt number 2 coming up. I'll try to remember what all I typed.

Happens to me all the time. The server's very unstable or something. I've gotten into the habit of going [ctrl+a ctrl+c] before posting.
There's simply nothing more annoying than dying without a quicksave.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-12, 05:58 PM
I'm usually pretty good at that. Most of the time, I write out the whole thing in a text file first (unless it's a short post)... but this time I just derped. Besides, it wasn't the forum this time. For once, it was just my browser. Just closed up and said "Nope."

And you're right, Upholder... it just wasn't the same the second time around.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-13, 06:47 AM
Ok. Terlew is back, and rearing for action.

Of course, it might not be the action she was planning.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-13, 09:54 AM
We shall see Cloudsmeet... we shall see... hm, hm, hmmwahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! :smallbiggrin:

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-13, 09:58 AM
*gasp*

Whoever would have suspected that I might get lost!?

EDIT: Hey, I did well on that listen check!

inexorabletruth
2012-06-15, 10:28 AM
Keep me posted on how you feel about the pace of the game. I've been giving everyone some time to feel out their characters and get comfortable with each other. But if you feel like the game needs more Michael Bay and less Sam Mendes, please let me know.

Lexin
2012-06-15, 10:42 AM
The pace is fine for me.

AshesOfOld
2012-06-16, 08:32 AM
This is fun, but I could do with a little walking away from explosions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo).

inexorabletruth
2012-06-16, 05:03 PM
As Fimble walks past a nearby patron who is lighting a pipe, he lets out a tiny Gnomish fart, which catches the spark and lights up in a flash of blue flame.
http://www.myfconline.com/journal/upload/7702_91194_20091007214211.jpg

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-16, 05:29 PM
I thought this was in IC for a little while, I was really confused.

On another note, I'm not posting for a while as I figure Terlew's thingy happened a decent while after the others left, so she's making her way there.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-16, 07:31 PM
Lol! I was tempted to drop that post in IC, but decided it wasn't worth killing the mood of the game. I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything IC today. I haven't been pleased with any ideas I've had yet. I'll drop a post soon. Ideas are starting to cook.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-17, 12:43 PM
@ Cloudsmeet: You assume correctly-ish. You aren't in the heart of it by any means. Just like any city, all streets become a little dangerous when the sun goes down. Few places are good for traveling alone.

@ missmvicious: Even though you blasted your INT check out of the water, untrained Knowledge checks can only give you common knowledge (DC10). So you aren't going to glean much.

@ lexin: Go ahead and roll a Fortitude Save every time you finish a cup. The save DC is on a sliding scale. The more you drink, the higher the DC.

AshesOfOld
2012-06-19, 04:01 AM
As Fimble walks past a nearby patron who is lighting a pipe, he lets out a tiny Gnomish fart, which catches the spark and lights up in a flash of blue flame.
http://www.myfconline.com/journal/upload/7702_91194_20091007214211.jpg

... That was NOT what I meant :smallbiggrin:. Though, in retrospect, could I write this on my sheet as a supernatural ability?

inexorabletruth
2012-06-20, 04:32 PM
Lighting blue angels as a supernatural ability? LMAO. Are you going to trade your standard rations in for baked beans and broccoli stems?

missmvicious
2012-06-20, 11:38 PM
Its time. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1BFYM8Z8tU#t=00m54s)

AshesOfOld
2012-06-21, 05:10 AM
And tons of red cabbage.

But let's make it fair. I'll trade Fimble's ability to make rational thoughts for a +5 to create volatile concoctions with bowels.

And his steel shield for a bicycle pump (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgm2lt6JwW8).

Croverus
2012-06-21, 11:00 PM
Is it still the same night? I think I'll just head to the room I bought and roll that fortitude check to empty the ale...

Jungian
2012-06-22, 11:29 AM
I've think the dinner scene has run its course. Unless Up disagrees, then we can continue on with some dinner conversation.

Though Grim needs to drop his suit off for some alterations. Here is the craft roll, though I assume Fanter will aid another. I'm tempted to use the +10 to rush it, but rather be safe than sorry

Come on Grim needs a properly fitted suit. Typical :smallannoyed:
[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-06-22, 11:53 AM
Is it still the same night? I think I'll just head to the room I bought and roll that fortitude check to empty the ale...

:smallredface: Everyone wanted a night on the town, or friendly conversation over dinner, except Gordid. Sorry, man. You guys choose the path; I just respond to it.


I've think the dinner scene has run its course. Unless Up disagrees, then we can continue on with some dinner conversation.

We can wrap up dinner, I suppose. Grim has an early morning anyway.

@ Cloudsmeet: You can roll a sense motive if you'd like to know what shook him so completely. Though with that inattentive penalty... :smalltongue:

@ Those at the tavern: If Oscar and Fanter are wrapping up their evening, then we may have to wrap up the evening at the tavern soon as well. Otherwise, you'll end up on different timelines. If there was something you wanted to do while there, please go ahead and do it. I'll fast forward the rest.

Cloudsmeet
2012-06-22, 12:17 PM
I do so hope that I can act the next round (i.e. I don't get chloroformed). I have a trick up my sleeve that I really, really want to use.

EDIT: Dawww, I was going to cast Dancing Lights and pretend that I was holding the sleeping guy's soul.

Oh well, that makes it a little easier.

AshesOfOld
2012-06-23, 02:10 PM
:smallredface: Everyone wanted a night on the town, or friendly conversation over dinner, except Gordid. Sorry, man. You guys choose the path; I just respond to it.



We can wrap up dinner, I suppose. Grim has an early morning anyway.

@ Cloudsmeet: You can roll a sense motive if you'd like to know what shook him so completely. Though with that inattentive penalty... :smalltongue:

@ Those at the tavern: If Oscar and Fanter are wrapping up their evening, then we may have to wrap up the evening at the tavern soon as well. Otherwise, you'll end up on different timelines. If there was something you wanted to do while there, please go ahead and do it. I'll fast forward the rest.

Oh sorry, posted in IC before I read this. I don't have anything in particular. Was waiting for the afore-mentioned explosions :smallamused: but we may as well wait for those till we have a full party again.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-25, 08:25 AM
Ok. Fanter and Oscar.

Are you two heading out right now, before getting rest? That's going to require a Fortitude Save vs. Fatigue since it's been a long day and it's way past dark.

To those of you at the Dragon's Lair:
State how many drinks you're having, and roll Fortitude. From here on, I've got to pick up the pace at the Lair.

missmvicious
2012-06-25, 12:52 PM
I think that second zombie hit me.
You know what that means. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS8s452KWro&feature=related#t=00m34s)

Jungian
2012-06-25, 01:00 PM
Nope leaving the morning after a good nights rest and a fortifying breakfast. I think I referenced finding a healer in the morning.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-26, 08:37 AM
Miss... you are now officially smashed. Those zombies are packing some pretty high octane rum, and you just pounded them like a sorority chick.

missmvicious
2012-06-26, 07:51 PM
Party!
Wooo!

inexorabletruth
2012-06-28, 08:18 AM
*Slaps Miss on the wrist.*

You finished your drinks. Now lets not keep dragging the pace down. :smalltongue:

Also, Gwen is drunk: (Treat as Poisoned)
-2 to WIS and DEX
+2 Save vs. Fear
+4 Temporary HP

AshesOfOld
2012-06-29, 09:11 AM
Hey, I'm sorry but I'll be unavailable all weekend + monday, so feel free to wrap the scene up, so we can get back to the others.
*hugs*

Croverus
2012-06-29, 09:23 PM
Oh right, Fort save for that potent drink I bought from the Inn keeper

[roll0]

Assuming I don't make 1 roll for drinking the hole thing, here's 3 more rolls just in case.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: Drunk that first bit like a champ!

inexorabletruth
2012-06-30, 07:28 AM
Well Cloudsmeet... I just re-read your minion's duration and realized I hooked you up with waaaaaayy too much time. Oh well. We'll just let it slide.

missmvicious
2012-07-01, 11:34 AM
Fort save
Lets see how I feel this morning
[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-01, 09:17 PM
Ok... I'm going to house rule some things, because I can't find rules on saving against a hangover. Since Zombies are real drinks, I'm using the point system vs. metabolism rate. Based on how sloshed you got the night before compared to how much rest you got afterwards, I'm saying you wake up with a mild, but manageable, hangover. We'll treat it like half fatigued.

You take a -1 to STR and DEX, and extraneous activity that (like running or charging, fighting) will result in being fatigued, then just follow standard fatigue rules. You'll recover from your hangover in about four hours. You can half that time with a hangover remedy.

AshesOfOld
2012-07-03, 02:14 PM
Is anybody else going on holiday? I'm leaving for france on the 6th and returning the 22nd. And I just got told, contrary to what I thought, that we won't have internet there :smallfrown:. It's usually no biggie, but I'm really enjoying myself with this one.
Anyway, what's your plans for the summer?

missmvicious
2012-07-03, 02:51 PM
I'm going to Michigan in August to visit my dad. I will probably have internet access but I won't post if I am busy enjoying myself.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 06:13 AM
Sorry for the recent inactivity.

I have had a brutal work schedule. I finally cracked and mentioned something to my boss... hopefully we're going to return to more frequent posting from now one. I worked from 7 am July 4th to 3:30 am July 5th to give you an idea of the crap I've been dealing with. I'm very sleepy right now, so I can't promise prose... but I'll put something up to get the game moving forward.

Summer Plans:
Miss: I can probably post for her. Since I'm her husband, I can more or less guess what she wants to do next.

AshesofOld: That's exciting about you going to France! Feel free to post some pics for us when you get back. Of course, that's over 2 weeks out of PbP. I have some options for you:


Would you like to arrange a surrogate poster? Perhaps someone here in this campaign can receive some character notes from you and post in your absence.
You could just be put on an un-posted side mission. Your character had to leave on urgent business, or something. That way when you get back, your character's adventures will be enough to make your PC's level match the groups average level.
I could, but would prefer not to, DMPC your character until you got back.
We could end Fimble's portion of the campaign now, and when you get back, if you wish to rejoin, you can roll up a new character.


Me: I have nothing in particular planned. Mainly, I'm just going to pine for my wife while she's up in Michigan. It sucks when she's away, but I understand her need to visit family. :smallfrown:

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 06:26 AM
You guys are actually doing just fine on your own, right now. There really isn't much for me to add.

AshesOfOld
2012-07-05, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the recent inactivity.

I have had a brutal work schedule. I finally cracked and mentioned something to my boss... hopefully we're going to return to more frequent posting from now one. I worked from 7 am July 4th to 3:30 am July 5th to give you an idea of the crap I've been dealing with. I'm very sleepy right now, so I can't promise prose... but I'll put something up to get the game moving forward.

Summer Plans:
Miss: I can probably post for her. Since I'm her husband, I can more or less guess what she wants to do next.

AshesofOld: That's exciting about you going to France! Feel free to post some pics for us when you get back. Of course, that's over 2 weeks out of PbP. I have some options for you:


Would you like to arrange a surrogate poster? Perhaps someone here in this campaign can receive some character notes from you and post in your absence.
You could just be put on an un-posted side mission. Your character had to leave on urgent business, or something. That way when you get back, your character's adventures will be enough to make your PC's level match the groups average level.
I could, but would prefer not to, DMPC your character until you got back.
We could end Fimble's portion of the campaign now, and when you get back, if you wish to rejoin, you can roll up a new character.


Me: I have nothing in particular planned. Mainly, I'm just going to pine for my wife while she's up in Michigan. It sucks when she's away, but I understand her need to visit family. :smallfrown:

I would heavily prefer option 1 or 2 then. I really like this character, and I will be back with a vengeance after France. I've posted to Lexin in hopes that he will take over. If not, then I hope you will be satisfied sending him on a side mission and conveniently returning him when I'm back.

Everybody have a great few weeks! I'm looking forward to playing with you again already.

Lexin
2012-07-05, 04:55 PM
... I guess I will take over... Any hints on playing paladin?


And on unrelated topic, I was set up to surprise DMing tomorrow... does anyone have ready kobolds NPC around CR 5-7 ? Or know a place where I can look for something like that?

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 09:59 PM
D20 NPCs (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:BrowseData/D20_NPCs&_single)

Monster Finder (http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/results.php?id=2705009956&skip=0)

Quickened Monster Advancer (http://www.monsteradvancer.com/send/monster/quickenedMonsterAdvancer.ma)

D20 NPCs is nice, but has a limited selection.

Monster Finder is great for seeking encounters by any category you want, and giving you source references, but it won't give you stats.

Monster Advancer and Quickened Monster Advancer will level up your monster, breed it (if you'd like), equip it, and prepare spells (if necessary), but sometimes it makes a slightly broken character. Nothing major, but little things like too many skill points, equipment that doesn't mesh well, illegal feats for the ability scores. So you'll need to double check the work, but it's the quickest and easiest way to get any NPC you want.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 10:02 PM
I would heavily prefer option 1 or 2 then. I really like this character, and I will be back with a vengeance after France. I've posted to Lexin in hopes that he will take over. If not, then I hope you will be satisfied sending him on a side mission and conveniently returning him when I'm back.

Everybody have a great few weeks! I'm looking forward to playing with you again already.

We'll miss you! Enjoy your vacation! :smallbiggrin:

Lexin
2012-07-06, 02:32 AM
D20 NPCs (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:BrowseData/D20_NPCs&_single)

Monster Finder (http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/results.php?id=2705009956&skip=0)

Quickened Monster Advancer (http://www.monsteradvancer.com/send/monster/quickenedMonsterAdvancer.ma)

D20 NPCs is nice, but has a limited selection.

Monster Finder is great for seeking encounters by any category you want, and giving you source references, but it won't give you stats.

Monster Advancer and Quickened Monster Advancer will level up your monster, breed it (if you'd like), equip it, and prepare spells (if necessary), but sometimes it makes a slightly broken character. Nothing major, but little things like too many skill points, equipment that doesn't mesh well, illegal feats for the ability scores. So you'll need to double check the work, but it's the quickest and easiest way to get any NPC you want.

Thanks a lot for this :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2012-07-06, 03:12 PM
Thanks a lot for this :smallsmile:

Glad I could help. :smallbiggrin:

BTW, I'm still here. You guys are just doing a lot of character-to-character RP, so there isn't much I can add.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-06, 03:16 PM
Gwen will snap out of her hangover in about 2 hours, you still suffer the penalties you've been given, but you can run, charge and fight without incurring fatigue penalties.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-06, 03:32 PM
BTW, I'm going to allow drunkenness to have the following bennies and penalties:

Buzzed:

+1 to CHA
+2 temp HP
+1 Save vs. Fear
-1 WIS
-1 DEX


Wasted:

+2 Intimidate
+4 Temp HP
+2 Save vs. Fear
-2 Bluff
-2 WIS
-2 DEX


Three Sheets to the Wind:

+6 Temp HP
+3 Save vs. Fear
-2 All Stats except CON
Nauseated (Fort save negates)


Severe Alcohol Poisoning:

Nauseated (Fort Save Negates)
Poisoned (Fort Save stops ongoing Poison damage to STR and CON)
Flaws (as listed in Unearthed Arcana): Feeble, Frail, Noncombatant, Poor Reflexes (character gains no feats from these flaws.)


The flaws aren't permanent. They go away if you recover from the severe alcohol poisoning.

What does everyone think about these rules?

Cloudsmeet
2012-07-09, 09:05 AM
Aah, I'm still here! I was just waiting for the responses from Jungian and Upholder and hadn't had a chance to reply. You didn't need to post for me :smallbiggrin:

inexorabletruth
2012-07-09, 09:08 AM
I'll go delete my post and you can post your own response. They posted a question to you 2 days ago, though and had to keep the game going.

There you go... have at it! :smallsmile:

Lexin
2012-07-09, 09:10 AM
Ehh, trying to post for two characters is strange... even more when they are talking...
...still better than roleplaying RL NPC conversation as DM though...:smalltongue:



What does everyone think about these rules?

Sounds like a good idea. Could you list basic DC to pass (bottle of wine/ jug of beer/ shot of vodka), so we (/our characters) know what kinds of drinks are more or less 'safe'.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-09, 09:30 AM
There don't seem to be any official rules on Fort Saves vs. Drunkenness, which is odd since most campaigns start in the Tavern, and the DMG actually recommends you start a campaign in a Tavern. :smallsigh: But I digress...

Based on what I know of alcohol, irl, a mug of beer, a shot of liquor, and a glass of wine all have about the same amount of alcohol in it, give or take a fraction of a point. Therefore, the DCs will be about the same.

Since your average Joe can pound a beer after work and not feel a thing, I'll say the DC for one drink is 10. However, how fast you drink, how hungry you are when you drink, whether or not your are fatigued or sick when you drink all play a role in affect the next DC. For instance, a glass of wine an hour over three hours... DC10 each time.

Slamming down three shots of tequila right after spending all day fending off a raiding party of Ettin's... DC12, DC14, DC18, probably.

To use last night as an example:
IRL, a Zombie has three kinds of Rum in it and, it's a very sugary drink to boot. One type of Rum in there is 151 proof alcohol or 75.5% ABV, so naturally, the DC on that drink was especially high. Drinking one has a high likelihood of getting you buzzed. Three in rapid succession, and you're doing pretty good not to soil your pants while you stumble out the door. Because it's a very sugary concoction, the hangover would be a nightmare, because it will take much longer to metabolize a high sugar drink than a low sugar drink.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-13, 11:21 AM
Just letting you guys know I'm still here... still watching. Still amused by the RP.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-16, 07:37 AM
Ok... I'm cracking the whip.

It's a sandbox, so you guys have to tell me what you want to do. There's like a dozen potential plot hooks, some of which none of you are even aware of, but none of them involve hanging out in Oscar and Fanter's room.

I'd really rather not railroad the campaign, so let's try to get something going by this time tomorrow, please.

Cloudsmeet
2012-07-16, 08:12 AM
Between me and Lexin in the last two posts I think we covered the three main plot hooks you've thrown at us. At least, that I'm personally aware of.

So I'm just waiting on someone else to post.

Jungian
2012-07-16, 07:32 PM
I'll be posting shortly, was just waiting for Fanter.

Personally, I have no qualms about any potential plot hooks. Though the Forrest would be a nice change, considering in the course of an evening Oscar was robbed and Terlew was nearly abducted.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-19, 06:34 PM
Mkay... I'm struggling to find internet time this week, so I'll give what I can, when I can. It looks like we want:


To go to Luskan
To go to Neverwinter Wood
To go investigate/fight Neverwinter crime.


I guess we'll call a vote. MissM is here with me and says she wants to go to Luskan.

Also:
On Monday, I'll declare a roll call. I think we're missing some players, and I don't want that to bog down the game. Anyone who doesn't post by Monday loves Neverwinter so much, they decide to stick around and become an NPC.

Lexin
2012-07-19, 06:50 PM
Luskan. Connected to both character I am currently running...

About NPC thing? You mean posting wherever or IC? (because I have no idea what to write IC right now...)

Jungian
2012-07-19, 09:54 PM
Investigate the woods to perhaps help the innkeepers wife gets my vote. Yeah up hasn't been on for a while...Oscar may loose his manservant.:smallfrown:

inexorabletruth
2012-07-20, 08:11 PM
I mean... they start living in Neverwinter. They settle down, have a couple kids, put a couple ranks in Commoner, acquire the uncanny ability to know pertinent information about some plot hook you're interested in, but always unwilling travel outside a certain radius of Neverwinter.

Croverus
2012-07-21, 02:43 AM
I'm up for the woods, sounds like the quickest way to some excitement.

AshesOfOld
2012-07-22, 10:27 AM
Hey guys! I'm back from France.

Lexin, thank you so much for taking care of Fimble while I was gone. You did very well. I'm sorry I had to leave before giving you a few pointers, but we got behind schedule with travelling plans.

I'll post tomorrow when the roll call is declared. I also vote for Luskan, like Lexin suggested I would :smallsmile:.

Lexin
2012-07-22, 12:01 PM
Wow, I didn't have to do much. :smalltongue:
It is good that you are back.

AshesOfOld
2012-07-22, 04:32 PM
Never the less, I'm glad you did :smallsmile:. And thanks. It's good to be back.

Though I was kinda getting used to light-blue oceans, mountains with lush forests, clear blue sky, cicadas, great wine, tennis and oh, the pool. Did I mention the pool? Funny how one's need for internet is in exact opposite proportion with size of one's pool :smallcool:.

Aaaanyway, can't wait to get my hands on this new plot, whatever it'll be.

Cloudsmeet
2012-07-23, 02:00 AM
I've been thinking, and I'm kind of torn between what to choose because Terlew would choose ALL of them, at the same time.

So I'll abstain, she'll follow her friends.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-24, 04:38 PM
Ok... so we lost Fanter, mainly.

I'll try to post something tonight. Internet access is still a challenge for me and MissM. Internet sucks here, but I've called in tech support who said he'd be here by Friday at the latest. I'm sorry about all of this.

AshesOfOld
2012-07-25, 04:01 AM
Quite alright. I'm just glad we're still afloat.

@Cloudsmeet: Would you care to explain the joke in your sig? Maybe it's just because english is a second language to me, but I just don't get it.

Jungian
2012-07-25, 06:21 PM
Could Fanter stay in th city, arranging things for the Forrest and finishing the suit? He then could, I don't know he died for mysterious reason or something similar.

The greater question is who will make Oscar's tea in the morning :smallfrown:

Ashes:
English is my first language and I don't understand it. I would also like an explanation.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-27, 11:27 AM
That works for me. We'll say you ordered him to remain behind to tie up your loose ends and when you return to Neverwinter, he will either be able to rejoin the campaign or will have settled down to marry Grim's daughter, who tames his barbarian rage with the soothing power of her love.

AshesOfOld
2012-08-02, 04:50 PM
Turned out to be a lot of fun, introducing you guys :smallbiggrin:.

EDIT: Oh god, I knew I'd forgotten someone. And it had to be you, Lexin, of all people. I'm sorry!

inexorabletruth
2012-08-05, 02:09 PM
Fear not, Croverus. It's a well known fact that all dwarves take beard braiding in dwarf school. It's a required course, and you can't graduate without mastering the skill. If you wished, you could style your beard anyway you want... including like this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_brIyg5OdFyg/SVEAQ_QqsDI/AAAAAAAAD4M/0d2KmwdP74s/s320/worlds_best_whiskers_5sfw.jpg

inexorabletruth
2012-08-05, 03:19 PM
Missmvicious is out of town this week, and won't be able to post. I miss her. :smallfrown:

Anyway. She wanted me to be her surrogate poster for this week, and I'm going to try to update her as often as possible so she can keep me advised on how she wants her character to be played.

AshesOfOld
2012-08-06, 01:51 PM
Aww, me miss her too.

Also:
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~tashbook/spring2010/ise108/_Media/windmill_beard.jpeg

inexorabletruth
2012-08-06, 06:04 PM
And of course, my personal favorite. Oldie but goodie.

Birdcage Beard (http://video.nz.msn.com/watch/video/bird-cage-beard/13wlosk3i?cpkey=281c9212-7f66-44ab-869f-fc94f297dd0e%7C%7C%7C)

inexorabletruth
2012-08-08, 11:11 PM
Before I post, who all is going with Gordid.

Missm says her character wouldn't go with the guild, because it's part of the system (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ).

AshesOfOld
2012-08-09, 02:48 PM
Huh, didn't actually think we'd be able to get into the guild just like that. I think Fimble would like to go with the guild, but is kinda torn since he already started talking to the old woman. Decision, decisions... I guess he'll go with Gordid, be part of the establishment and all that.

Though I'm really sad if this will mean a future break of the group :smallfrown:.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-10, 10:23 PM
I'll be feeding you a meta-game sandwich here, but the guild is pretty easy going if you play by their rules. Ultimately, they just want a cut of the payout. It's really easy to sign up and really easy to get work through them. The hard part is trying to work in their turf without being in the guild.

Successfully haggling with the hag will get you a pittance, and the guild would likely overlook the slight, since it'll only pay chump change. But if you'd scored a major job, like say, a trip to a really dangerous place with a really high likelihood of treasure, and didn't get the gig through the guild... there'd be hell to pay.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-12, 03:35 PM
Mystery Roll:
[roll]1d20+8{/roll]

mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa. :smallamused:

Damn... I'm just not good at suspense.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-12, 03:36 PM
[roll0]

Round two!

AshesOfOld
2012-08-15, 07:17 AM
Wuh, can't wait to get into this trip again! Yeah.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-16, 10:44 AM
Sorry. I'm back. I just didn't have time to post yesterday.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-16, 12:26 PM
You can learn more about each type of quest by letting me know you wish to read about a specific one, or just ask Fnipper in game. You don't have to take any contracts, but remember, if you do, it's a Geas as defined in PHB, pg. 234.

Jungian
2012-08-18, 04:26 PM
Oscar, Wizard Lawyer, at your service.

Of all the days to not prepare detect magic.....

inexorabletruth
2012-08-19, 09:22 AM
As per the rules, I'm giving Missm 24 hours to post or I'll post for her.

We appear to have lost Terlew as well, so he settled down in Neverwinter. He and Fanter play poker together on Wednesday nights.

AshesOfOld
2012-08-19, 02:28 PM
Aww, Terlew too? An he/she didn't even say goodbye. *snif*

inexorabletruth
2012-08-21, 01:28 PM
Missmvicious says she wants to drop out for now. She might rejoin later, but she's feeling a little burnt out and wants to take a break from D&D.

Jungian
2012-08-21, 09:00 PM
I swear that is the last of my large posts.

As for his signature imagine a blend of john hancock and alfred hitchcock signatures.

So which contract should we decide upon.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-22, 10:08 AM
@Jungian:
Thanks for playing along. Yes, it is indeed a zone of truth. And a strong one at that.

Any contracts you wish to know about can be explained by Fnipper, or you can request to read them. If you pick one that you want to read, I'll PM you the contract in full detail. If Fnipper recites it, he'll give you the layman's version of it, but all the key points will be addressed. Don't worry though; the written version isn't painfully "lawyerized." It just depends on your character's personality whether you'd receive the bullet points or sort out ever detail for yourself.

@ Lexin:
Missm thanks you for the cookies. :smallsmile:

Lexin
2012-08-22, 10:47 AM
@ Lexin:
Missm thanks you for the cookies. :smallsmile:

For Felix it would be the first thing to pack for travel :smallbiggrin:


Tell Missm that when she comes back she would get a cake!
(Maybe she would be back sooner this way :smalltongue:)

inexorabletruth
2012-08-23, 11:03 AM
I can't keep up with all the enjoyable RP.

So, rather than send a PM to each of you, 30 RPXP all around.

Also, who all is going to see the exotic mounts?

AshesOfOld
2012-08-23, 02:41 PM
Hrm. Somehow I made 'exotic stable' sound really dirty.
Fimble is, of course, going.

Lexin
2012-08-23, 02:48 PM
Felix is staying. He likes riding but isn't good at it.

Should we list what we buy in IC?
Like clothes, food, bottle of wine, food, some things for the mount, food, food for the mount, food... can you see a pattern? :smalltongue:

Croverus
2012-08-23, 02:52 PM
Felix is staying. He likes riding but isn't good at it.

Should we list what we buy in IC?
Like clothes, food, bottle of wine, food, ale, some things for the mount, beer, food, stout, food for the mount, rum, food... can you see a pattern? :smalltongue:

You were stocking a little light for my taste

AshesOfOld
2012-08-24, 07:06 AM
So. Monday were starting prep. week for the new students, and I'm tutor. That means showing them around, giving them a good time and drinking till we drop. I'll try to post every day, but I can' promise it'll be good. Or intelligeble.
So I guess it'll be as usual, really.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-25, 09:58 AM
@AshesofOld: LOL. Maybe I should have one of them dancing on a pole for you.

Thanks for the heads up. Have fun staving off sobriety next week.

@Lexin: Yes, go ahead and list what you want. The guild has most anything you can find in any WoTC published materials, but some things will cost less than what you could get elsewhere, because the shopkeeper's wages are supplemented by the money the guild makes. If you're looking for custom goods, ask the shopkeeper. He may have to craft it (which will take time) but he's no slouch.

The guild has apothecaries, butchers, bakers, alchemists, casters, tanners, tailors, ship makers, engineers, artificers, pretty much anything. You're mostly limited by your wealth.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-25, 12:47 PM
@ Lexin: I'll give you the new prices for your shopping list later. I have errands to run before work.

Lexin
2012-08-25, 12:51 PM
@ Lexin: I'll give you the new prices for your shopping list later. I have errands to run before work.

Okay, thanks.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-26, 12:46 PM
Lol! I totally forgot that Felix was freakin' rolling in bank.

Anyway, here are the prices you found in a quick shopping spree:
Riding Dog:

80 gp to 150 gp to buy
10 gp to 25 gp per week to rent
Military Saddle:

15 gp to buy
10 gp per week to rent
5 gp per week to rent riding saddle
Pack saddle is included in rent
Feed:

5 cp per day to buy
included in rent
Saddlebags:

4 gp to buy
1 gp per week to rent
Dog Snacks: (gives +10 1x per day to Handle Animal check)

1 cp per day to buy
included in rent

Blanket, Winter: .3 gp
Candle: .01 gp
Case, map or scroll: 1 gp
Crowbar: 2 gp
Flint and Steel: 1 gp
Paper: 2 sp per sheet
Trail Rations: 2 sp per day (you can thank Bait for the low prices on meat)
Tent: 5 gp
Pencil (as Chalk): 1 cp

Pen: 5 cp
Ink Vial: 4 gp

Rates will vary from guild to guild, and also from shipment to shipment within each guild. The guild works hard to keep prices low, but some people, like the blacksmith, drive a hard bargain, so things that come from his forge, often do not come at a discount, and are sometimes more expensive than getting it around town.

missmvicious
2012-08-26, 05:04 PM
Soooo I hear there are dire bunnies in this campaign, so I am returning early from my break. Inex knows I always wanted a dire bunny.
Anyways I'm gonna be doing a side quest dealie and what not so I am not with you guys again yet but I thought I'd let yall know that I have been dran out of hiding.

AshesOfOld
2012-08-27, 03:17 PM
That's wonderful to hear, Miss! Can't wait to meet up with you at the caravan or wherever :smallbiggrin:. Guess you'll earn that cake after all.

Jungian
2012-08-27, 08:17 PM
I will be posting tomorrow, false alarm tropical storm consumed my weekend. I am currently catching up on some work, and will try to post by tomorrow afternoon (most likely the morning).

Welcome back miss.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-28, 03:32 PM
@ Jungian: You must live in Louisiana then. I work, and live, at a hotel in the Dallas area. We're already starting to get calls from evacuees. From a bookkeeper's perspective, I'm very concerned. Most of the FEMA credits were never paid and they trashed the place so hard we had to renovate the entire property when they left. Of course, this was all before I started working here. So, on the upside, my room is shiny and new. Back during the Katrina disaster, I was one of the licensed truck drivers who volunteered for the relief effort, so the desire-to-help in me is in direct conflict with the desire to save my job from the inevitable layoffs or notice to vacate if the refugees tear our property a new one again and they have to make cutbacks.

@ AshesofOld: Roll a Diplomacy check.

AshesOfOld
2012-08-29, 10:02 AM
Diplomacy [roll0]

@Inex: They could totally make a movie about you, man.

Edit: Crap.

Jungian
2012-08-29, 03:32 PM
@Inex

No, I'm the Florida. Mother lives by the West Coast, so I was helping her prepare before it swung West.

Sorry for the delay, I'll try to post tomorrow. If you wish to move it along, Oscar would get a horse, preferably war trained. If it can't be purchased outright, then perhaps rented (depending on the expected travel time, which I can't remember at the moment).

inexorabletruth
2012-08-29, 09:48 PM
@ AshesOfOld: You know; I get told that a lot. I guess it has been kind of a wild ride, but I suppose anyone who had to be a grown up in the early part of the millennium has a heck of a story to tell.

@ Jungian: It's cool. I can't really post daily anymore like I used to anyway, so I'm being way less strict about posting frequency. Renting will be a better call. You can always come back to the guild and purchase or rent an exotic later. There are other Adventurer's Guilds throughout the Realms and all of them will have a stable of one quality or another. As it turns out, this place has top of the line stables. Other places will have exemplary apothecaries, or blacksmiths, training facilities, magic shops, or what-have-you.

Anyway... back to the game.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-31, 12:44 AM
Can I get a tally of how much everyone has spent out of your expense account?

You were given 20 GP a head for expenses, right?
We've got:
Fimble, Felix, Gordid, and Oscar in the group, so that's 80 gp for expense. You can borrow 50% of your pay on credit. So that's up to 25 gp that you can borrow from your pay for this mission.

You've got 105 GP (10.5 PP) to work with as a group, and whatever GP you started with.

Felix, miraculously your character has a small fortune, thanks to who your parents are. Are you paying mostly out of pocket? Because the group expense account can't handle your 213.55 GP shopping list. We need to work out who has spent what out of the joint account, because some of the players are trying to figure out what they can still afford.

Fimble wants to rent the saggy-baggy Krenshar for 80 gp a week. (It's a 10 day trip).
Gordid has an axe to grind for 15 gp.

105-95 = 20 gp for poor Oscar to pick a horse to ride, which won't even be enough to rent a Warpony.

Here's the price list for mounts that a human could ride first x-x is to buy, second x-x is to rent per week, all in GP. Saddle, feed and treats are included in the rental:

Donkey or Mule: 5-8/3-4
Heavy Horse: 180-200/100-120
Light Horse: 50-75/25-60
Pony: 20-30/10-20
Heavy Warhorse: 300-400/150-200
Light Warhorse: 75-150/40-50
Warpony: 70-100/35-50

The rates vary depending on how many of the mounts are left and how well trained they are.

Lexin
2012-08-31, 04:10 AM
-Felix is paying from his own pocket
-he is willing to forgo his part of travel expense (although he would be grumpy about it)
-he is not working for free. So if we are getting 50 for the job he want's 50. If it is 50/4 then he want's his 12,5...

Jungian
2012-08-31, 06:12 AM
Including the remaining 20 gp from the group account Oscar has a total of 86.6 gp. Are we renting a cart? Because Oscar would certainly not mind riding in a cart considering he does not have any ranks in ride anyhow.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-31, 10:34 AM
@ Lexin: It's 50/4, so your part is 12.5. But don't worry. Like all quests, there's always swag to be found along the way.

If the group takes an advance on the 50, then they can borrow up to 25 gp, which means you still get your 12.5, and the rest of the group splits 12.5 amongst the the remaining three. So the remaining share of the group gets 4.16GP each.

Now, if no one digs into the advance, then you all get 12.5 GP each. It's doable.

Felix has generously offered to stock up using his own money. That's good, because now there is 80 GP to work with:

Gordid sharpens his axe: 15 GP
Fimble rents Sugarcane: 24 gp (2 weeks rental with saddle, feed, and treats)
Oscar rents a cart and mule: 15 gp (2 week's rental with harness, feed, and treats)

80-54= 26 gp left on your expense account, which keeps you under budget, yet well equipped.

You don't get to keep the difference of the expense account at the end of your trip, but it's good PR to stay under budget and will help you get larger expense accounts as missions get more dangerous. For instance, if a Guildmaster like Fnipper were to go on a mission, he would get an unlimited expense account, because the guild knows he'll get the right tools for the job and perform his duties with surgical precision. So soon enough, you'll get an expense account large enough to by masterwork or even magic items on an expense account so you're not even dipping into your pay.

inexorabletruth
2012-08-31, 11:04 AM
I'll post in IC tomorrow. Whatever you guys decide on by then will be deducted from your expense account. I don't want to railroad, but I also don't want to get stuck in the guild hall shopping. I couldn't ask for a better group to play with; you guys rock at RP, but this game's been going since May 25th and we still haven't gone on our first adventure. My next post will involve you being in front of the guild, equipment in hand, and ready to leave. So please figure out what you want to do by then.

Also, take 100 RPXP each, because you all really do thoroughly immerse yourself in my world, and I truly am grateful that you care about the RP.

But srsly... let's go kill some bad guys. :smalltongue:

missmvicious
2012-08-31, 11:38 AM
That's wonderful to hear, Miss! Can't wait to meet up with you at the caravan or wherever :smallbiggrin:. Guess you'll earn that cake after all.

Mmmm cake:smallbiggrin:

inexorabletruth
2012-09-01, 10:17 AM
All aboard the DM Express! Toot toot! A-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga...

Here's what you did:

Gordid sharpens his axe: 15 GP
Fimble rents Sugarcane: 24 gp (2 weeks rental with saddle, feed, and treats)
Oscar rents a cart and mule: 15 gp (2 week's rental with harness, feed, and treats)

80-54= 26 gp left on your expense account, which keeps you under budget, yet well equipped.


Gordid, your axe now has a keen effect for 4 rounds.
Fimble, Sugarcane is trained as a Performance animal. She knows Come, Fetch, Heel, Perform: Dance, and Stay. She is also really cute. You can use 1 treat a day to get +10 on your next Handle Animal skill check.
Oscar, your mule (Maximillian) is trained for Heavy Labor. He knows Come and Work. You can use 1 treat a day to get +10 on your next Handle Animal skill check.


An animal that is untrained to attack will not willingly attack an enemy. If something attacks it first, it will fight until it has either killed the attacker or the attacker runs away, or if your animal has received significant injuries (reduced to half it's HP) at which point, it will flee.

Since both Sugarcane and Max know Stay, you can make them stay even in situations they would normally flee with a Handle Animal Check. In cases where an animal would bolt before taking damage, they will freak out and act really nervous first, giving you time to roll a Handle Animal Check. This is also a great way to find out of unseen enemies are about.

AshesOfOld
2012-09-01, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the post that first described sugarcane. Is it a pony? That's just fine.

Lexin
2012-09-01, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the post that first described sugarcane. Is it a pony? That's just fine.

Here is the description


Felix:
"All of our mounts are well trained but none Alfie is the only dog left in my stables with combat experience. He is a prize companion and an excellent choice, but if it's a gentle ride for a new rider you're looking for, consider our miniature ponies. Meet Sugarcane..."

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/139/cache/miniature-horse-and-bird-a6746e_13961_600x450.jpg

She guides you to a diminutive pony grazing in the grass. "She's well trained and quite calm. She's never seen a battle campaign, but she's trained to carry gnomish and halfling bards, who need a smooth and steady ride to practice their craft during their travels. She knows come, fetch, heel, dance, and stay. Sugarcane, Dance."

The tiny horse looks up to the stablemaster and nickers a bit before prancing around in a circle, and then bowing to you by bending one front leg and extending the other. The stablemaster offers Sugarcane a treat, which Sugarcane eagerly accepts.

"30 gp to purchase... 12 gp per week to rent. We also have other minis for sale starting at 20 gp, but they aren't as well trained as Sugarcane, here."

inexorabletruth
2012-09-02, 03:20 PM
Sugarcane is a miniature pony. OMG! Google them. They are freaking adorable. Basically, they're a Dungeonbred Pony. I really don't have the time to Dungeonbreed a Pony. But I'll give 100 Co-DMXP for anyone who is willing to do it and post the stats.

The Dungeonbred Template can be found in Dungeonscape, pg. 113.

GO!

Lexin
2012-09-02, 03:34 PM
{table]Size/Type:|Small Animal
Hit Dice:|2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative:|+2
Speed:|40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class:|15 (+2 Dex, +2 natural, +1 size), touch 13, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple:|+1/+2
Attack:|Hoof -2 melee (1d3+1)
Full Attack:|2 hooves -2 melee (1d3+1)
Space/Reach:|5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:|ó
Special Qualities:|Low-light vision, scent, Easy maintenance, Hardy
Saves:|Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +0
Abilities:|Str 13, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 4
Skills:|Listen +5, Spot +5, Hide +6
Feats:|Endurance, Improved Natural Attack (hooves)
[/table]

Scent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#scent)

Hardy:
+2 to saves vs disease and poisons

Easy maintenance:
Consumes food and water as tiny creature

inexorabletruth
2012-09-02, 04:19 PM
Good god, Lexin! I'm not even finished getting ready for work, and you've already got that cranked out. :smallcool:

You win the XP!

There's your stat block, AshesofOld. Meet Sugarcane. Your little pony.

Jungian
2012-09-02, 05:06 PM
I'm currently dealing with network issues. Im attempting to fix it myself, it has been going poorly...in any event I'll post by tonight even if I'm typing it up on my phone.

Maximillan is a perfect name for Oscar's mule.

Croverus
2012-09-02, 06:27 PM
Sorry for not posting, I was away all weekedn LARPing. I'm just checking in. I'm going to go crash for a bit, then will post late tonight or in the morning.