PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Dictators

t209
2012-05-21, 06:11 PM
Who do you think is your favorite dictators in fictional media?
1. Admiral General Aladeen (played by Sacha Baron Cohen)
Dictator of Wadiya. The only thing that changes is his preference of round headed rockets, his wife (still alive with him even he ordered her to be killed) and his title to "Prime Minister President".
2. General Alcazar (Tin Tin)
Current dictator of San Theodoras and former rebel leader of Picaros. Like The Dictator ending, except the only change he made was police uniform and political signboard.
3. The Governor (Walking Dead)
The iron fisted leader of the Woodbury, Georgia and formerly named as Brian Blake (changed to Philip). He attacked Rick Grimes group before he was killed by his lackey.
4.Lotso- He's like the Teddy Bear version of the Governor (Evil, Tyrannic and a bastard). Tortured the toys and silence his enemies. Except his head didn't blown off with a shotgun (but stuck on the truck.
5. Tarquin
The real power behind the blood empire's throne and much more genre savvy than Elan. He is currently battling OOTS and probably put a bad guys wins ending like War and XPs arc (along with Azurite Resistance crushed ending).
My pick is Admiral General Aladeen.

ArlEammon
2012-05-21, 06:43 PM
Emperor Mateus Palamecia (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_Mateus)

An Uber villain . . . of the Uberest sort. The things he does in FF II are numerous.

Wardog
2012-05-24, 05:48 PM
It's got to be a toss-up between Lord Vetinari and Baron Wulfenbach.

Lothston
2012-05-25, 04:56 AM
Emperor Palpatine.

/thread

Killer Angel
2012-05-25, 05:00 AM
*cough* Tywin Lannister *cough*

Edit: wait.... are we limited to the ones in the OP?

Icewalker
2012-05-25, 05:06 AM
Oh, Baron Wulfenbach, good call. Definitely him.

SlyGuyMcFly
2012-05-25, 05:16 AM
Havelock Vetinari, of course.

Honourable mentions go to Tarqin and Wulfenbach.

INDYSTAR188
2012-05-25, 06:59 AM
I just wanted to share that I find the title of Admiral General is super funny! Being in the Navy myself that is so ridiculous that it makes me smile.

t209
2012-05-25, 07:22 AM
I just wanted to share that I find the title of Admiral General is super funny! Being in the Navy myself that is so ridiculous that it makes me smile.
You watched the dictator too? Which alignment would Aladeen fall into? Probably Chaotic Evil (Unpredictable Caligula).

HandofShadows
2012-05-25, 08:55 AM
Oh, Baron Wulfenbach, good call. Definitely him.

Not sure if the Baron really qualifies as being a dictator in many ways. His rules for the most part consist of "Don't make me Come Over There" and turn anything from the Other over to me. That's not really that dictorial if you think about it.

But if he is on the list, it's a good call. :smallbiggrin:

INDYSTAR188
2012-05-25, 11:04 AM
You watched the dictator too? Which alignment would Aladeen fall into? Probably Chaotic Evil (Unpredictable Caligula).

I didn't see it. I plan on netflixing/red boxing it when it's available. I think it looks pretty funny tho.

Giegue
2012-05-25, 02:43 PM
I second Palpatine and Mateus, those two where both scary and very effective in their own ways. Here are some others that I think are all awesome and have yet to been mentioned...

Porky Minch (Mother 3)
Charles di Britannia (Code Geass)
Rufus Shinra(When the CEO of Shinra) (FFVII)
Gihren Zabi (Gundam)
Lucemon (digimon frontier)
Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
Orochimaru(when head of the sound village) (Naruto)
Sauron (LOTR)
Yawgmoth (MTG)

and there are probably others that I will post up when I think of them.

SlyGuyMcFly
2012-05-25, 04:13 PM
Not sure if the Baron really qualifies as being a dictator in many ways. His rules for the most part consist of "Don't make me Come Over There" and turn anything from the Other over to me. That's not really that dictorial if you think about it.

But if he is on the list, it's a good call. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, Wulfenbach is a dictator, and no mistake. He assumed power by force, and he stays in power by crushing anyone insane enough to oppose him. He's fairly laissez-faire, "do as you will as long as you play nice" is basically his motto for governing Europa. But he lacks the hereditary right of rule, the nobles didn't choose him either and the common people definitely had no say in the matter either. He's a dictator all right. One of the fairly nice ones that make you wonder whether democracy is really that great.

t209
2012-05-25, 07:45 PM
How would Carbombya's Fakkadi fare against Wadiya's Aladeen (not battle since Aladeen could shoot Fakkadi)?Aladeen is kinda Chaotic Evil
Execute people (and animals) for little to no reason (Not making triangle headed rocket, Blocking his passage, getting cereal toys, and being a cow).
P.S- I want the dictators evil and ridiculous behavior.