PDA

View Full Version : Skirmishing Damage Boosts

bungo_underhill
2012-05-22, 06:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm toying with a Scout X/... with an aim to get the most skirmish damage possible. I was hoping to find some PRCs that allowed me to "Fast track" the skirmish damage - so far I have come up with...

Dragon Devotee
Hand of the Winged Masters
Unseen Seer
Peregrine Runner

Other things:
Halfling Monk substitution level

Ranger with Swift Hunter - allows it to work on favoured enimies normally immune: Undead + Constructs

Skirmishers Boots

Have I missed any?

RMS Oceanic
2012-05-22, 06:47 AM
You missed the Improved Skirmish feat - Move 20 foot instead of 10 to get another 2d6 skirmish damage and +2 to your AC.

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-22, 09:43 AM
One build I like is Paladin 4/Scout 2/Dragon Devotee 4/Unseen Seer 10. Dragon Devotee and Unseen Seer advance Skirmish damage faster than Scout, because they add to damage, not to the Skirmish progression. You lose out on the Skirmish AC bonus, but damage > AC most of the time, anyway.
Paladin is there for CHA synergy (Dragon Devotee grants you sorcerer casting) and turn undead to fuel Travel Devotion.

Darrin
2012-05-22, 12:42 PM
Have I missed any?

Highland Stalker.

With Improved Skirmish, you can get up to 10d6 Skirmish damage with:

Scout 4/Ranger 5/Dragon Devotee 4/Unseen Seer 4/Highland Stalker 2/Spellsword 1

If you start with Halfling Monk 1/Scout 4/Ranger 5, you can get up to 11d6 Skirmish damage, but only on unarmed strikes.

Also:

Rogue's Vest (18000 GP, MIC) can add another +1d6 Skirmish damage. Gloves of Agile Striking (2200 GP, MIC) can add +2d6, but only 2/day.

Indigo Strike feat (Magic of Incarnum) can also give you a +2/essentia insight bonus on Skirmish damage.