PDA

View Full Version : Goblins: A Pathfinder Adventure (Chapter I)

desertwalker
2012-05-22, 01:35 PM
Goblins: A Pathfinder Adventure

Chapter I - “Big Things Have Small Beginnings”

It is dark inside the Elder’s Cabin, and smoky. You’re still not sure why you were roused from your mats at such an early hour, and the collection of gnarly old faces staring across the den at you don’t even seem slightly pleased to be looking in your direction either, but at least you’re not alone in your perplexed and sleepy discomfort as six fellow Goblins from the village have been summoned as well and kneel beside you.

It is early spring in your village of Elmsrot. Some small patches of snow still dot the landscape, but bright green life is erupting all about and swallowing your memories of the hard Winter. Soon, scores of harvesters will retreat to the nearby woods, preparing mushroom and onion patches, marking berry and nut reserves, scouting for easy timber. Hunters and fishers will start making rounds, setting snares, lures and nets and tending to ancient wild shelters. Crafters will walk the village to make repairs to huts and fences and to see if new huts are needed from winter births. Sentries will set up watches, traps, and ambushes to dissuade any bandits or over-ambitious wildlife from attacking. The village will begin a new year of activity, same as the year before and the year before. Or, at least, you thought it would be the same as the year before. The faces of your Elders seem to tell a different tale.

The awkward silence breaks when a pair of Elders, Chieftain Dogbiter Moonrunner and his wife, step forward to speak. “You! We have a new mission for you, straight from the Oracle.”

This catches your attention: The Oracle. The Oracle. Who led your tribe to this valley that let your people live in peace for nearly a century. Who predicts the gravest floods and storms, giving time to prepare and save dozens, hundreds of lives. Who foresaw the Orcish raid 20 years ago that could have wiped your Village from the land if you hadn’t been waiting for them. Who has lived longer than any 2 Goblins you know of, who lives alone in her cave, and speaks only when the direst of dreams come to her mind.

Chieftain Moonrunner continues. “The Oracle senses a coming darkness, a kind she does not recognize but that she fears down to her bones. It will sweep over the land, empty villages, towns, cities of all life. Not just our small village; this darkness will doom all, the whole Kingdom of Tapezkine and beyond, says she. It is a merciless dark, and it will not be stopped unless we interfere.” The Chieftain raises a gnobbly hand and points his walking stick at the seven of you. “The Oracle has chosen you to go and stop this darkness. Why, I know not. Where, I know less. How, that is for you to discover. But you must set out today. Make for Green Valley City, in the plain across the mountain. There, you will find your path. More than this, she could not say. But if you fail or fall, then the world is like to fall with you. This is your task. You may ask of us what you will, but do not expect answers that we do not have.”

[You are free to post!]

stack
2012-05-22, 02:42 PM
Unk's mind wanders as he sits in the hut, roving over the hills and through the trees, rejoicing in the return of spring and the resurgence of all the life that comes with it. He daydreams about swing from the trees on Ook's back until a word draws him back to the present.

Oracle? What? A coming darkness? But I've felt nothing, how...the oracle is indeed strong, even in her age. Well, the village will not find Unk unable to meet the challenge! I will bring fire down one whatever caused this distress while Ook tears it limb from limb!

His voice grinds like gravel. "Chief, I will not fail. I will lead these chosen warrior through forest and over hill to our destiny. Gozreh will open a path through the wild for us. The village will be safe."

Man on Fire
2012-05-22, 03:11 PM
Kremlin, who was of course listening carefully, cannot hold himself, being overtook by gratefulness.

"Thank you, our great and wise elders. it is a honor for an outsider like me to be choosen for mission of such importance. Honor and responsibility. I swear to not let down your hopes or eat my hat." Everybody knew that "eat my hat" was his way to motivate himself - he loved that red berret and always threatened himself to eat it, would break a promise."before I'll go prepare my armor and Julius Tolemeus for the journey, please pardon me, but I must ask, haven't the wise Oracle, give her my tanks for granting me honor of participating in this mission, said anything more? Any kind of clues about upcoming threat?"

desertwalker
2012-05-22, 03:39 PM
The Chieftan turned to Kremlen and shook his head, "A Darkness that will devour cities and then the world. That is all she saw, that is all she said." He shrugged his old shoulders and continued, "I have known the Oracle long. She is not one for flowery words and half truths. She usually means just as she says. You are searching for a 'Darkness'." He pauses, and his gravelly voice is quieter as he says, "She was... very scared. I have not seen her this scared before."

Man on Fire
2012-05-22, 04:18 PM
"Thank you again. I'll shall prepare without futher delay." He says, bowing to the chieftan. He took his words very deeply into his heart. The hthreat they will face is clearly a dangerous one, he needs to work as hard as he can and give everything he has."My friends, I sinicerly ask you to wait for me, before you head out, I need to prepare my dear wolf and armor." He says to others, once chief dismiss them.

Chained Birds
2012-05-22, 04:58 PM
Glory

The Goblin in red perks up at the mention of the Oracle, She who had predicted my death has also predicted my way of attaining Greatness. He think to himself, before joining in on the conversation with a hymn in his voice.

"The Great Oracle (GO) has predicted I, Glorious Death (Glory), to embark on a grand adventure. I have waited for this moment ever since I learned of my fate at such a young age. Let us prepare for the Dangerous Darkness (DD), and cast it away with our Mighty Goblin Spirit (MGS)."

He then twirls around and spins out the door, likely on his way to prepare for the journey ahead.

OOC: Glory has a quirk of simplifying names and placing Acronyms on phases and descriptions. Note that the Acronyms are what he is actually saying.

ninthbit
2012-05-22, 07:53 PM
Mepoo]

Cradling his head as it throbs from the last nights drinking, Mepoo thinks to himself Oh, this had better be f###'n important. I had no plans to wake until at least noon.

As the chief is discussing their task, Mepoo starts mixing a few herbs in a vial, gives it a quick shake and then downs the concoction. Giving a sigh of relief, oh thank the gods, that should hold me till I can get back to my stash."

Gaining his senses, he subtly taps the goblin to his left and quietly asks, OK, what is going on? I only caught something about a darkness that will devour the world."

Stealth to hide the side bar from the chief [roll0]

Omeganaut
2012-05-22, 09:32 PM
Kavak can't help but think back to the last time an Oracle prophesied about him. That ended with him being driven from his home. Now the prophecy is about the entire world. He discounts death as too obvious, and then a strange curiousity comes over him. "Why did she dream of me? Surely a wanderer and vagabond like myself has no place in the visions of the oracle of the tribe. Or am I just being sent for other reasons? Because if you want me to leave, I'll leave!" Kavak caught himself before he found himself in another pitfall.

Man on Fire
2012-05-22, 09:57 PM
"My dearest Kavak. It terribly pains me to, but I must reprimed you, you are not behaving very polite. Politeness, my brother. That's the key to happiness.

Katasi
2012-05-22, 10:12 PM
Cloud Watcher sits toward the back, remaining silent. Darkness... he thinks that can't be good. But I guess this is my chance to see the world. "I'm in." He says "I'm one of the best warriors in the tribe, I'll see us victorious."

ninthbit
2012-05-22, 10:23 PM
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... ... ... brrip. Mepoo lets loose a most disagreeable and caustic smelling emission "Kavik, does it not occur to you that the same strand of fate that landed you in you current situation is yet the same you're about to journey on?"

desertwalker
2012-05-23, 10:58 AM
The Chieftain seemed to bristle slightly at Kavak's accusation, "Kavak, you question the fates when it is not your place. The Oracle does not bend her words, she speaks plain truth and we must follow or be blind to what will come." As the collected adventures begin to collect their things and ready to leave, the Chieftain looks around to you once more, "I know not why fate has chosen you to leave. As Chieftain, I say you are needed here in the Village for the Spring and Summer. As a friend of the Oracle, I say you are needed in the World, so we have a Spring and Summer in the Village. As you go, I say but one more thing: Remember who you are, remember where you came from."

With that said, the Chieftain, his wife, and most of the Elders all stand to go. The Chieftain's son approaches you from the side of the room, whispering quickly, "Swing by the larder before you leave; take enough trail food with you to stay fed to the City, but only take what you need. Many here are still hungry, and will be until the game fattens and the onions grow. Gods watch over you."

[Let me know if you're ready to hit the road or if you wanna talk/plan/gather supplies first.]

stack
2012-05-23, 12:00 PM
Unk bows and exits. The chief's con's advise sparks a thought, Unk and Ook can forage, but forage would slow travel. Let's see, nuts, dried berries, salted grubs...need to get food for both Unk and Ook. Hmm, poeple owe favors, I find food, bless crops. Time to collect payment.

Outside, he approaches the shaggy orange mass that is dutifully standing there, inspecting itself for tasty parasites. "Ook, we have a great mission of the the utmost importance. It is up to us to save the village. With the help of the others. Try not to hurt them." He scrambles up and secures himself in the make-shift saddle as ook lumbers off to the larder, a well known favorite location, moving with the appearance of a rubber sack filled with water on lanky, surprisingly powerful limbs.

going to get trail rations and animal feed

Orangutan descriptions shamelessly ripped of Terry Pratchet, though not nearly as funny.

Chained Birds
2012-05-23, 12:25 PM
Glory

The flashy Goblin spins straight home and cants to his senior brothers and younger siblings. Glorious Death has 2 older brothers, 1 older sister, and 3 younger brothers. His parents are gone (Died in a Rockslide while harvesting) and the Eldest siblings tend to most of the family's affairs.

"My family! The Day of My Parting (DoMP) has finally arrived. The word 'Glory' soon will be indicative of yours truly, and everyone will soon Celebrate My Name (CMN)!"

He grabs his scimitar from an overhanging hanger and locks it into place on his belt.

"If I should return, be certain that I will bare Gifts and Treasure (GaT) to all."

He then leaves as quickly and as loudly as he came in. After a bit of silence, the family members shrug off the incident and continue with what they were doing.

Man on Fire
2012-05-23, 12:42 PM
Once Kremlin heads out, he bows and thanks to everybody, promising to not fail their exceptations over and over.

He runs to his home and quickly packs his things. He says many thanks and goodbyes to the family, that took him in and tries to persuade them not to giving him what little they have from their supplies, until finally compromising and taking only bare minimum he and Julius Tolemeus will need. Once he is ready, he heads out to stable, where his loyal mouth has his home.

"Hows the best wolf in the world? Hey! Julius, what I told you about jumping at me and licking like that?" These words can be heard from there in a moment. "C'mon friend. We're going on a long journey. Don't jump like that, it's important and serious matter. We have been politely asked to save the world, we ust approach the matter with all our wisdom and gentlness. We need to find great evil and politely ask it to give up. And if it won't, we need to fight will all our might, like my daddy would. You understand me? Good, then where's your saddle...oh stop running around!" Soon follows, accompanied by many loud barks. After few moments, a goblin in elegant, beautiful armor, riding on large, terrifing wolf that looks like it could bite off head of an Orc in one jaws snap. They say goodbyes to their landrods and heads out to join the others.

ninthbit
2012-05-23, 03:18 PM
Just sitting there for a minute as everyone excitedly leaves to pack, Mepoo morns his situation. uhh... I'm going to have to pack a lot of drink for this. Well, better get packed up before these idiots go run off and die without me. Slowly, Mepoo rises and returns to his still. "Crap... I can't pack this whole damn thing!" With his headache starting to return, ohh ya, need to mix up that elixer. Mepoo gets a dirty flask out, dumps its contents and gives it a quick rinse. Then he adds a small pinch of a salt like power, adds a little water and downs the drink. "Ahhhh... Well, lets see... I need this... this... defininetly need that. He goes on for a few minutes dismantleing his lab so he would have the essentials.

After a while he's all packed and starts to walk away. "F#$%... Almost forgot the most important thing." He quickly runs back, grabs his chair, folds it flat and straps it to his pack.

"Ok... Lets get out of here and blow some $#@t up."

It its not obvious, Mepoo will often talk to himself outloud. He's crass and more than a bit disgusting... even for a goblin.

desertwalker
2012-05-23, 03:50 PM
[Moving forward; if there was anything else you wanted to do first, lemmie know.]

There is little fanfare as your group of adventures meets up to set on their unexpected journey. You can see the Chieftain and his wife watching from their hut, but otherwise no one seems to notice your imminent departure as the bustle of the Spring preparations continue in full stride.

It's a couple hours to high noon, and with a little bit of luck you'll be in Green Valley City in time to eat dinner tomorrow evening. You take a breath, tighten your belts, and take the first step on the path out of your village and towards the wilderness and road beyond.

[You're on your way (yay), so I'll take a marching order and any other information that may be pertinent to me. If you want to describe your actions/interactions on the road, have conversations, make checks (ie "Knowledge (Nature)" to figure out if there are any potential threats in these here woods, or "Knowledge (History/Local/Whatever)" to learn more about your destination/the Kingdom/etc), now would be a great time to do so. I'll butt back in soon to advance the plot.]

Chained Birds
2012-05-23, 04:58 PM
Glory

Glory if far too distracted in his own humming to care about his surroundings. He is completely ecstatic over the prospects of completing such a dire mission and potentially dieing in an awesome way. Though does still fear death, he just feels like he'll know when his final hours will come.

"Want to hear something I've Been Working On (IBWO)? It is a little tune about What We Might Expect (WWME) along the way."

Knowledge (Local): [roll0]
- About what they might expect in the City
Perception: [roll1]
- To sense if anything is amiss in the area (Though he is probably to distracted with himself to care).

Man on Fire
2012-05-23, 05:18 PM
"Of ourse, my dear Glorious Death, nothing makes travel more enjoyable than a sign of beautiful song."

ninthbit
2012-05-23, 05:31 PM
%$$% monsters and hungry animals will have no problem finding us with this noise Mepoo mumbles under his breath.

Man on Fire
2012-05-23, 05:49 PM
"That wasn't very nice thing to say, dear Mepoo. You should apologze. Remember - be gentle, that's the basics of happiness."

desertwalker
2012-05-23, 06:31 PM
Glory plays a catchy little tune for the party, taking his full attention from the road as he composes lyrics about the journey ahead. You all suspect that the tune is not precisely applicable to your current situation, though, as it focuses more on fighting and being killed by Dragons and Glory's various attempts to seduce the Blacksmith's daughter than on any kind of forest expedition. Still, it's rather catchy.

ninthbit
2012-05-23, 06:40 PM
HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Oh wait.... are you serious? By the gods, that is so much funnier. Personally, I find that the distilled spirits of fermented sugar beets is the clearest path to happiness.

Man on Fire
2012-05-23, 07:11 PM
"I for one, enjoyed it very much. Such epic ballads are delightfull and Julius loves them even more than me, right you big, furry musical critic?" Kremlin says, scratching Julius behind his ear. "If I can offer a tiny bit of criticism, I think that our brave protagonist should be be much more polite when he tried to win the heart of his beloved. that would be much more appriorate."

stack
2012-05-23, 07:28 PM
"Bah, forests safe this time of year. Perfect day for a walk. Have you ever left the village? Unk knows the wild." He boasts shallowly from his perch. Silly song will scare the wildlife...though Ook seems to enjoy it.

Indeed, the apes lips were curled back in a terrifying, or comical (its hard to say) grin.

Omeganaut
2012-05-23, 08:36 PM
Kavak is startled as the group begins to turn on him. He steps back and tries to blend into the wall. He is, however, summarily dismissed, and so leaves. He grabs rations from the larder, as you can never have to much extra food (learned that the hard way), and moves on. As his curse still seems to be upon him, Kavak has forsaken speaking under his own initiative, only answering direct questions with short answers, and straying away from the group.

Although he is tempted to comment on the tale, he refrains from fear of another reprisal. Instead, he focuses on the way ahead, as his fellow scout seems to be more enamored by the music than the path ahead. Kavak begins to wander further ahead, although he makes sure not to be more than ten goblin-lengths from the rest of the group. He studies the wild as they pass, trying to note whatever he can about these woods.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ninthbit
2012-05-23, 08:48 PM
Directing his rebuttal at Unk, OK tree hummper, In addition to the environmental hazards inherent with spring; you know deceptive mud pits, rushing rivers from snowmelt, rotting falling trees, broken roads, etc, the wildlife in the area can be particularly nasty since any predatory species are like to be coming off a lean Winter, and therefore hungry, desperate, and more likely to take stupid risks when presented with potential prey. That being US. Our own hunters have spotted everything from Foxes and Wolves to Dire Bears and Dinosaurs. And that's not even counting the other Tribes in the area, some of which are less than hospitable to our kind ... f%#* i need a drink. Damn oracle had to pick me.

Chained Birds
2012-05-23, 09:30 PM
Glory

"So, watch out for Deceptive Mud Pits (DMP), Rushing Rivers (RR) from snowmelt, Rotting Falling Trees (RFT), Broken Roads (BB), and anything else that looks dangerous? Sounds good."

OOC: What Glory sounded like:
"So, watch out for DMP, RR from snowmelt, RFT, BB, and anything else that looks dangerous? Sounds good."

Man on Fire
2012-05-24, 07:08 AM
"Beasts and predators shouldn't be a problem. If they try to eat us, it is only fair for us to kill and eat them. Julius Tolemeus loves dinosaur meat, it's a delicacy." Kremlin says, patting his wolf on the head. "As for other tribes, should they approach us, we shall politely ask them to let us go. Should they refuse, we will equally politely fight our way through them." He says, without a shadow of irony in his voice.

stack
2012-05-24, 07:14 AM
Unk sticks his chin (or what passes for one) into the air. "Well, those things might be problems for neophytes like you. Of course they they wouldn't even register as a challenge for me." Bah, why does he have to be right and make me look stupid. Watch that one. Dangerous.

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 08:04 AM
Meepo begins quietly mumbling under his breath again. "and they say I'm the crazy one. Maybe I drink so much to forget how stupid people are." He uncorks a flask and takes a swig of a orange tinted drink*. Then with a much louder and ironic exuberance... "F#$* it, let’s do this thing buddy ol pal" and with all the passion of a drunken sailor who just made port, he begins to join Glory in the singing.

When Meepo is mumbling under his breath, it's likely a DC 15 Listen check (hear whispers). He isn't trying to hide it, but he also isn’t making much noise or directing it at anyone.

*While he has a water skin, he rarely drinks directly from it. Meepo mixes up a sweetened electrolytic type drink (his version of Gatorade). Most people naturally suspect it to be some other kind of intoxicant. It's usually made from purified water, beet sugar, and a few herbal extracts.

Chained Birds
2012-05-24, 09:24 AM
Glory

Part of the theme song.

"For the Travelers,
For the Travelers,
Wandering through the creeping dark,
Whether dimly lit or stark.
For the Travelers,
For the Travelers,
Who likely won't remain,
Even after gaining fame."

Glory sings this in a joyful way, emphasizing "Travelers."

desertwalker
2012-05-24, 10:23 AM
Working on something for the group; if you haven't already given me a Perception check, feel free to do so.

stack
2012-05-24, 10:40 AM
Unk caries a sour expression as he furtively watches the trees, more afraid of embarrassment than wildlife.perception Unk: [roll0]
ook [roll1]

Man on Fire
2012-05-24, 11:51 AM
"Now, now, friends, and especially brothers in arms, shouldn't argue like that." Kremlin ries o calm down Meepo and Unk, when he notices that Julius is quite nervous and waching the trees, so he tries to see wha his wolf is looking at.

Kremlin's Perception [roll0]
Julius' Perception [roll1]

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 12:46 PM
Preception check to see if Meepo can even hear Kremlin over his own loud singing. [roll0] Guessing about a DC15?

Meepo, unable to hear Kremlin over his own boisterous singing, just carries on with the tune.

desertwalker
2012-05-24, 01:55 PM
Your party proceeds deeper and deeper into the woods along the well-trodden road, gently bantering amongst eachother as Glory sings and everyone keeps an eye on your surroundings for anything out of the ordinary.

Its been several hours into your journey, stopping once or twice for quick meals and rests but keeping up a good steady pace. The sun has moved from high noon to perch just over the tops of the trees on a slow descent to evening, and Glory is drinking from a waterskin and preparing another verse for the song. It is then that movement catches some of your eyes and your animals instantly grow tenser. Those who caught the flash glance over and scan the distant cover, seeing the movement quickly form into legs and torsos. Soft growling meets your ears, and a half dozen pairs of feral canine eyes look out at you with hunger...

[Alllllllllright, consider this the combat test-run; feedback and suggestions for improvement are more than welcomed. When you're reposting your actions, please add your relevant Defensive Stats/your Animal Companion's stats to the grid below. If you have any questions/can't see the map/etc, let me know and I'll try to fix things.]

Initiative:
Up - All PCs/Animal Companions who got a Perception Roll of 10+ (DC 15 w/a +5 Bonus from the Knowledge Nature rolls, and don't forget Scent bonuses for the Animals)
Next - The Wolves
On Deck - The PCs

Map (In theory...):
https://docs.google.com/drawings/pub?id=1WPZkrzsZ-_mWSAtb1fbO8ABeg0UejpNHPjr-aZ0cCNI&w=1413&h=894

Stats:
Wolf 1 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 2 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 3 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 4 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 5 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 02:38 PM
as Glory sings
as Glory and Meepo sing :smallcool:

Man on Fire
2012-05-24, 02:42 PM
Julius Tolemeus, having sensed his kin coming from the threes, moves back, to where Meepo and Glorious Death are standing (M15), to be able protect them if any of the wolves that are dangerously close to them try to attack.
"Go behind me, I will protect you!" Kremlin yells, drawing his shield and lance. Julius Tolemeus barks angirly, trying to scare the wolves.

Julius tries to Intimidate the wolves [roll0]

stack
2012-05-24, 02:44 PM
Unk sees the lanky grey shadows beneath the trees. "Forward, Ook! Let us show that we are no easy prey! Roast wolf tonight."

Ook lumbers forward as Unk waves his hands in the air, the foliage springing to life and grasping at the wolves.

move to M15, cast entangle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/entangle)far enough back to catch the 3 wolves but not the other goblins (40' radius spread, so casting it pretty far back into the woods)
reflex 14 or entangled

desertwalker
2012-05-24, 03:32 PM
Initiative:
Up - Meepo
Next - The Wolves
On Deck - The PCs

Map (In theory...):
https://docs.google.com/drawings/pub?id=1WPZkrzsZ-_mWSAtb1fbO8ABeg0UejpNHPjr-aZ0cCNI&w=1413&h=894

Stats:
Wolf 1 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 2 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Shaken
Wolf 3 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled
Wolf 4 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled, Shaken
Wolf 5 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 03:58 PM
HAAAA!!!!! I f%$#ing told you so

Mepoo grabs a flask and small vial... waiting for a clear shot to throw and explosive bomb at the first wolf that gets close.

readied action to light up the first wolf he has a clear line too within 20ft.
+6 touch atk, does 1d6+3, splash dmg 3. Fire

Omeganaut
2012-05-24, 04:02 PM
Kavak quickly pulls out his bow and fires a shot at the orc he sees nearest him. Hearing the growls, he produces one of his own, rather impressive for a mere goblin.
[roll0][roll1] If the tree is in the way of a clear shot at w1, then fire at w2

desertwalker
2012-05-24, 04:44 PM
The Entangled wolves yelp and thrash and gnaw on their bindings, wriggling their way to freedom as they attempt to free themselves: W3 - [roll0], W4 - [roll1], W5 - [roll2].

Barking in pain from Kavak's arrow, the struck wolf barrels forward in a charge at the mounted Goblin: W1 - [roll3], Damage [roll4] plus Trip on a hit.

And the last wolf, though shaken at the sight of Julius' ferocity, charges ahead towards the exposed Glorious Death and into the path of Meepo's thrown grenade: Meepo - Touch [roll5], Damage [roll6]; W2 - [roll7], Damage [roll8] plus Trip on a hit.

Initiative:
Up - The PCs
Next - The Wolves

Map:

Stats:
Meepo - AC 17 (Touch 15, FF 13), HP 8/8, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +0
Kavak - AC 17 (Touch 14, FF 14), HP 12/12, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +2
Unk - AC 20 (Touch 15, FF 16), HP 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +5
Glorious Death - AC 17 (Touch 14, FF 14), HP 9/9, Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1
Kremlin - AC 18 (Touch 13, FF 16), HP 12/12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +1
Cloud Watcher - AC 21 (Touch 16, FF 16), HP 14/14, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Notadog (Kavak's Pony, Ride +10) - AC 11 (Touch 11, FF 10), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0
Ook (Unk's Orangutang) - AC 15 (Touch 14, FF 11), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2
Julius Tolemeus (Kremlin's Wolf, Ride +5) - AC 16 (Touch 12, FF 14), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Wolf 1 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 11/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, -2 AC (1 Round)
Wolf 2 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 6/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, -2 AC (1 Round)
Wolf 3 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled
Wolf 4 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 5 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Man on Fire
2012-05-24, 05:42 PM
"Julius, apologize from me to them for what I'm about to do." Says Kremlin, to which his wolf responds with single bark. Then they attack wolf threatening Glorious Death. Brave goblin and his mount charge at him, lance and fangs ready to strike.

Lance attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Does Julius gets an attack too? if so attack [roll2], damage [roll3]
Also, reminder in case Julius gets attacked - I have mounted combat. DM, will you roll ride check or I'll have to do is if Julius gets hit?

desertwalker
2012-05-24, 05:49 PM
Does Julius gets an attack too? if so attack [roll2], damage [roll3]
Also, reminder in case Julius gets attacked - I have mounted combat. DM, will you roll ride check or I'll have to do is if Julius gets hit?

I can roll the Ride Check (I'll put it in the statblock for reference), and it appears that you can have your Mount attack, although it takes a Ride Check to happen:

Fight with a Combat-Trained Mount: If you direct your war-trained mount to attack in battle, you can still make your own attack or attacks normally. This usage is a free action.

Man on Fire
2012-05-24, 06:12 PM
So ride check be it [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-05-24, 07:24 PM
Glory

"Now, what can I say about wolves?..."

Glorious Death says outloud, before dodging the Wolf's attack and drawing his scimitar. He then strikes at the creature as though the threat of such a large beast meant nothing to him.

Move Action: Draw Scimitar
Standard Action: Scimitar Attack vs W2
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1] Slashing
- Crit Attack (18-20): [roll2]
- Crit Damage: [roll3] Slashing

OOC: Dozed off for a bit and so much went down. I like it!

stack
2012-05-24, 07:40 PM
Unk guides Ook toward the wolf that has broken free of his spell. "Bad wolf. Should have stayed in the trees. Ook will teach you." The pair shambles forward, jaws and club reaching out

chargeto P 14
Ook bite [roll0] (includes +2 from charge)
damage [roll1]

ride check for Unk to attack [roll2]

Unk attack [roll3] (includes +2 from charge)
damage [roll4]

ride to negate attack vs Ook [roll5]

Unk 10/10 HP, 18 AC (20-2 from charge), 13 CMD
Ook 11/11 HP, AC = 12 (-2 from charge) 14 CMD

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 08:46 PM
bomb to w4 from n12
[roll0] ranged touch
[roll1] DMV to wolf4

Seeing Unk getting ready to charge, Meepo quickly shuffles to the side while mixing another explosive. (N12)

As Unk and Ook barrel towards the freed animal, a glowing glass flask flies overhead erupting in the wolfs face.

Meepo's face lights up with excitement. Now we're starting to have some fun!!!!!

desertwalker
2012-05-25, 10:44 AM
Glory scores the first kill, but with the Wolves untangling themselves, will this be enough to keep your party off the dinner plates of the ravenous Wolf pack?

Initiative:
Up - Cloud Watcher, Kavak/Notapony
Next - The Wolves

Map:

Stats:

Notadog (Kavak's Pony, Ride +10) - AC 11 (Touch 11, FF 10), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0
Ook (Unk's Orangutang) - AC 15 (Touch 14, FF 11), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2
Julius Tolemeus (Kremlin's Wolf, Ride +5) - AC 16 (Touch 12, FF 14), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Wolf 1 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 11/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, -2 AC (1 Round)
Wolf 2 - Dead
Wolf 3 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled
Wolf 4 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 4/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
[/QUOTE]

Omeganaut
2012-05-26, 08:36 PM
Kavak pulls out a sword from his belt and slashes dangerously at the wolf. Meanwhile his horse rears and swipes at the beast as well.

[roll0][roll1]
Thanks to my +10 mod, I can automatically pass the ride check!
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]

desertwalker
2012-05-27, 03:36 PM
The last Wolf in the writhing plants continues to stumble towards freedom and wretch its bindings free: [roll0].

Near Ook and Unk, the lone Wolf ducks around for better positioning and lashes out at Ook's legs, attempting to topple the beast: To Hit on Ook [roll1], Damage, [roll2], Trip on a Hit.

Kavak and his Pony, locked in combat with the lead Wolf, earn the unfortunate attention of another canine who ducks in behind the two to flank and strike: W3 to Hit on Notapony [roll3], Damage, [roll4], Trip on a Hit; W1 to Hit on Kavak (if Notapony was tripped by W3)/Notapony (if W3 missed his attack) [roll5], Damage, [roll6], Trip on a Hit..

Initiative:
Up - The PCs
Next - The Wolves

Map:

Stats:
Kavak - AC 17 (Touch 14, FF 14), HP 9/12, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +2

Notadog (Kavak's Pony, Ride +10) - AC 11 (Touch 11, FF 10), HP 8/13, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0

Wolf 1 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 4/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Wolf 2 - Dead
Wolf 3 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 13/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled (Escape Ends)

Chained Birds
2012-05-27, 04:00 PM
Glory

Glory casually walks towards the fallen Kavak, scratching his chin in thought.

"Still Drawing a Blank (DaB) on what to say about these wolves... It'll come to me eventually."

He then strikes at the weakened wolf with a swift spinning, horizontal slash.

Move Action: Walk to M22
Standard Action: Scimitar Attack vs W1
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1] Slashing
- Crit Attack (18-20): [roll2]
- Crit Damage: [roll3] Slashing + 2 Fire

Man on Fire
2012-05-27, 04:30 PM
Kremlin charges at the wolf attacking Kavak. Julius tries to bite.

Charge at the wolf 3
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll]1d6[roll] x2 because it's a lance
Julius' attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

If any of them crits:
Attack roll [roll3]
Damage [roll]1d6[roll] x2
Julius' attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Man on Fire
2012-05-27, 04:31 PM
Lance damage roll again [roll0]

ninthbit
2012-05-27, 09:30 PM
Meepo sees his companion go down as a wolf pounces him in the back. He quickly starts heading to his aid as both Glory and Kremlin answer the call. Half way there, he stop looks around.

Three wolves remain, two are being handled, one is entangled in a mesh of grass and roots. He almost falls over laughing as he points and laughs out, Haa!!!! Look at this one. Stupid s#1t is still stuck! This is just to fun to pass on. Then he readies another incendiary, carefully aims, and then chucks it right in the face of the nearly helpless animal. Suck it puppy dog!!!

Meepo moves to M18
Fire Bomb to wolf 5 [roll0] [roll1]

stack
2012-05-29, 07:26 AM
The shaggy orange figure easily sidesteps the wolf's jaws. "Bah, it takes more than that to defeat the mighty Unk and Ook. You wolves are too stupid to survive. It is in the natural order that you perish today." The ape is less wordy, though both attack the wolf troubling them.

Ook bite [roll0]
damage [roll1]

claw[roll2]
damage [roll3]

claw[roll4]
damage [roll5]

ride to make and attack [roll6]

attack [roll7]
damage [roll8]

ride to negate att vs Ook [roll9]

desertwalker
2012-05-30, 10:23 AM
The wolves, bloodied and diminished in number, break off from the overwhelming attack and begin to flee in the woods, one still thrashing at bindings as he flees.

Pursue Y/N?

Map:

Stats:
Kavak - AC 17 (Touch 14, FF 14), HP 9/12, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +2

Notadog (Kavak's Pony, Ride +10) - AC 11 (Touch 11, FF 10), HP 8/13, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0

Wolf 1 - Dead
Wolf 2 - Dead
Wolf 3 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 11/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Entangled (Escape Ends)
Wolf 5 - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 7/13, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Man on Fire
2012-05-30, 10:36 AM
"Bravo, you did speldid job! Once we will get to the city, I'll but you something delicious." Kremlin pats Julius Tolemeus in the back of his head and rubs him behind the eart, in a way his wolf really approves.

stack
2012-05-30, 11:07 AM
Unk leans back in the saddle, hand restraining Ook. "Let them go. What is left of their pack will not soon be attacking goblins again. We are not weak prey."

To the party, "Lets keep going. Can't let a few wolves slow our sacred mission."

ninthbit
2012-05-30, 11:16 AM
Meepo frantically tries to ready another grenade to lob at the remaining wolf as it darts past him wimpering and on smoldering from alchemical fire. Unfortunitly the animal proves too quick.

Instead, Meepo pulls off his pack. Opens a folding chair and sits down as he lights a pipe and begins to smoke a fragrent herbal concaction. "Do I need to say it?" he gloats as he looks at his companions with a huge self-gratifing smile. Well.. do I?... I'm gonna say it. I F#$(ING TOLD YOU!!!"

Mocking Unk "Bah, forests safe this time of year. Perfect day for a walk."

In a more serious tone, Well I say we camp here. Those guys aren't likely to come back, we have fresh meat, it's getting late, and I could use a drink. Did anyone get seriously hurt?

Katasi
2012-05-30, 01:58 PM
Cloud Watcher stands, rapier out, watching as his enemies flee before he ever even attacked. "Guess I need to move faster next time." he says, putting it away. "I suppose we could camp."

(sorry been quiet, my internet went lousy this past week)

ninthbit
2012-05-30, 02:18 PM
Leaving the pipe to hang from his lips, Meepo take a puff as he rummages through is pack. "I'd say you need to move quicker... I thought you'd run off or something. I didn't expect to see you again. He removes a selection of powered substances and begins measuring a few out to mix in a vial.

[OOC: He'll be busy for a minute, prepairing an extract of Polypurpose Panacea]

Chained Birds
2012-05-30, 03:21 PM
Glory

Glory still couldn't come up with a decent line of insults to say to the wolves, so he decided to let them go. Not like he could keep up with them anyways.

"Hey Kavak, you seem A Bit Damaged (ABD). Might as well heal you Just in Case (JiC) those wolves come back, or worse."

Glorious reaches out a hand and pats Kavak on the back.

"Lightly cure, with a touch so Pure."
Heal: [roll0]

desertwalker
2012-06-01, 02:24 AM
Your party of six (welcome back Katasi :) ) rests down briefly after the encounter with the wolves as you take stock and lick your wounds (some literally). A frightening encounter, but quick and not too damaging; it shouldn't have a lasting impact on your journey.

As night rolls in, you bed down off the road, assign watch shifts and try to sleep with the sounds of hungry wilderness singing in your ears. In the quietness of the evening (apart from some light occasional singing), the reality of your task is starting to set in. You're in the world, alone, unsupported, traveling blind, and set out to face something that the bravest and best of your village are frightened of. What are you fighting? How will you find it? How will you fight it? Did the Oracle see any of you returning to your homes, or was this a one-way trip?

Morning rolls around without incident, and after a filling breakfast of gamey Wolf meat you return to the road. By your best estimations and memories, you're still on track to h the city sometime early this evening, and the road held out through the winter better than you expected.

Until you see the tree.

A massive old titan of the forest died at some point this winter, succumbing to years and insects and rot and snow. You can guess what brought it down (smart money: snow and ice), but the end result is all that matters, and in this case that means a tree fell into a river, swollen and rushing with mountain melt, and destroyed the only bridge you know that crosses this particular dangerous water feature. The tree itself remained in the stream as a natural if wildly slippery and unstable bridge, but it ends a good 10' from the far edge and is itself a precarious 20' walk onto foaming river that looks considerably colder than it has any right to.

What do you do, what do you do?

Man on Fire
2012-06-01, 07:53 AM
"Well, that's the most unfortunate." Says Kremling, with a tone like he was talking about rain at the picnic." My dear Meepo and you, my dear Unk, do you happen to know some way we could close the gap between the three and the shore, so we can walk on it?"

stack
2012-06-01, 08:00 AM
Unk scratches his head. "Anyone bring a rope? I could ride Ook across, make the jump, and tie it off." Never leave home without a rope!

ninthbit
2012-06-01, 10:41 AM
Meepo sinckers at the notion.. who doesn't leave home without rope?

Ya, I got some. Let me get it out. Meepo then digs a length of 50ft of rope from his pack. Good luck on that tree... looks nasty.

Chained Birds
2012-06-01, 11:46 AM
Glory

"Good Luck (GL) guys. The rope Will be Helpful (WBH)."

stack
2012-06-01, 12:15 PM
Unk nods and takes one end the rope. "I wouldn't need it, but it will help the rest of you." Goblin and ape shamble off down the tree trunk at surprising speed, shaggy arms gripping branches, half swinging as he runs.

I'm presuming the climb speed negates the need for a check to cross the trunk. If not:

acrobatics to cross [roll0]

and an acrobatics check to jump [roll1] (DC 5 per 5 ft)

swim, in case its needed [roll2]

(edit to clarify that Unk took one end of the rope, not the whole thing)

ninthbit
2012-06-01, 12:22 PM
Just to clarify... I'm not jumping in this water of my own free will. Be careful and don't fall in. That s#!t looks COLD.

Man on Fire
2012-06-01, 03:39 PM
"You know, I'm not entierly sure if I and Julius Tolemeus will be able to cross the river on these ropes. We probably should search the place where the flow is the weakest and cross it there."

ninthbit
2012-06-01, 03:52 PM
Can't say I'm too keen on crossing here either. Rash, why don't you and Fang run up river? Kremlin, you and Julius run down? How fast can you cover a few miles?

Mounts speeds (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/movement#Table-Mounts-and-Vehicles) I'm guessing they could go at a hustle for a half-hour out, and then turn back. That should only take an hour and cover 8 miles of river, 4 up and 4 down.

Omeganaut
2012-06-02, 11:29 PM
Kavak goes along with the group searching for a ford, as he does not trust the ropes to carry Notadog across the river. He does however bemoan his luck, as he will probably slay the one being that could have saved the world by crossing the river. Nothing to do though but carry on!

Chained Birds
2012-06-02, 11:42 PM
Glory

Glory just sits around shouting kind things to each member in support of their individual actions.

Man on Fire
2012-06-04, 11:28 AM
"Ford is a godo idea." Kremlin says as he joins others in their search.

desertwalker
2012-06-04, 01:27 PM
(Sorry for the delay and the relatively sparse post, still drained from the convention.)

Your mounted companions scout up and down the river for alternate crossing sites, as the felled tree looks like a poor choice for crossing. Down the river is almost immediately apparent that it won't work; smaller tributaries feed into it from all directions, and the river just grows wider and angrier the further down you proceed. Upriver, though, there is potential, and in fact some two miles upriver you find a series of forking streams and tributaries that have collected some debris in them and seem to be shallow enough to walk across. There is still cold running water that will be biting at your legs and trying to sweep you under, and the stones and moss will be slick as ever, but working together this seems a considerably safer alternate to the leap of faith across the log.

Katasi
2012-06-04, 01:30 PM
Cloud watcher looks at the tree. "I agree, we need someplace less strong to cross." he says "So long as we don't have to go more than a couple miles out of our way. If not we'll have to tie ourselves together and fight the current."

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 01:54 PM
The group ties off to each other for additional safety in case someone slips. With each taking turns and stoping at steady spots, the group works to cross the water.

Rolls for the group:
{table=header]Player|PC Name|Acrobatics|Swim
ninthbit|Meepo (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400953)|[roll0]|[roll1]
Omeganaut|Kavak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=401102)|[roll2]|[roll3]
stack|Unk Ook-rider (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=35578)|[roll4]|[roll5]
Chained Birds|Glorious Death (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=401295)|[roll6]|[roll7]
Man on Fire|Kremlin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=401430)|[roll8]|[roll9]
Katasi|Cloud Watcher (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=401096)|[roll10]|[roll11]
[/table]

LOL... and Unk saves the group :smallbiggrin:

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 08:22 PM
acro [roll0]
Swim [roll1] say what.... he's an aquatic goblin. Who knew.

Omeganaut
2012-06-04, 09:29 PM
Kavak decides to stay mounted, as Notapony is likely possessed of surer footing than he. Before they cross, he voices a suggestion. "Why don't I and Notadog stay here and hold one end of the rope, and our primate pal takes the other and starts across. When he gets over, I start so we have one steady anchor in case someone slips. Good plan?" If the group agrees, Kavak will stay true to his word.

I'm guessing ride check. [roll0] In case Notadog really needs it, [roll1]

Man on Fire
2012-06-05, 07:30 AM
"Bravo Julius. I knew you could do it." Kremlin says to his wolf, as they are on the other end of the river. Julius Tolemeus barks, as he tries to flick of the water from his fur.

Chained Birds
2012-06-05, 08:21 AM
Glory

"Da, dadada, datada! Fanfare for all!"

desertwalker
2012-06-05, 10:48 AM
With some steadying from the rope and help from the members of your party, everyone manages to successfully cross the overactive river without incident (darn), and within an hour you are all collected again on the road and ready to proceed onto the city.

It's just before noon. You've only lost a little time; if you pick up your pace a bit, there's every chance you'll still make the city around nightfall and be safely sleeping on an inn's beds tonight.

(I'll do another update later today to introduce the next item in the journey.)

desertwalker
2012-06-05, 03:29 PM
The day continues forward as does your party. It is slightly slower going than you would hope, and as far as you can tell you're still a good few hours from the city as you notice the first signs of twilight appear in the sky. You also notice something else at the same time: The slight smell of smoke, definitely a campfire somewhere not too far off somewhere in the treeline. This strikes you as somewhat odd: While these roads aren't exclusively your tribes and there are several other forest-dwelling villages in the near vicinity, you can't think of any reason travelers would be moving up the road at this particular time or stopped at this particular spot, and as far as you know no other Goblins from your village have left recently...

Chained Birds
2012-06-05, 03:49 PM
Glory

"How glorious is this? We've got some Mysterious Interlopers (MI) on our hands. Anyone want to Check it Out (CiO)?"

Glorious Death says in a hushed tone.

Man on Fire
2012-06-05, 04:57 PM
"Careful, we do not know who it might be, or what their intentions may be. Is any of you skilled enough to sneak in to see, who is awaiting us, so we can know, if it's safe to approach them? Sadly, I'm too heavy armored for that, I would make more noise than our lovely Spring Festival." Kremlin says, and smiles at the memory of beautiful festival Goblins celebrate every year.

ninthbit
2012-06-05, 06:01 PM
I got this. Be right back. Meepo the heads off to investigate.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

desertwalker
2012-06-05, 06:12 PM
Interesting rolls...

Meepo quietly ducks into the treeline and begins to look for the source of the smoke. Unfortunately, he gets disoriented as soon as the small Goblin gets past the first set of bushes and the smell of smoke is seeming to be coming from all around him. Quietly, ever so quietly, he paces around trying to find the source, but it is eluding him; he'll have to return to his companions empty-handed, or attempt to get a better read somehow. Climbing a tree, perhaps, or clearing some of the brush...

ninthbit
2012-06-05, 07:54 PM
Gods d***it I can't see s***. Meepo uncorks a vial who's contents have a faint red glow. I really hate this swill. He then downs the substance in a quick shot, shakes off the taste, and begins climbing a tree the had a good low lying branch.

vial was a mutagen granting +4 strength, +2 natural armor, -2 int
climb[roll0]
perception [roll1]
Survival [roll2]

Chained Birds
2012-06-05, 08:11 PM
Glory

"Hmm, so which one of us suggested that Meepo do the stealth stuff? Just Saying (JS)."

stack
2012-06-05, 08:12 PM
Unk and Ook take position in a tree, sling at the ready, watching out for Meepo's return. Maybe he knows something. Better not get killed showing of on his own. The mission is too important.

desertwalker
2012-06-05, 09:11 PM
A Climb Fail of 5 or more, yes!!! :smallcool:

Meepo drinks his mixture that increases his strength and durability at the cost of some of his better judgment. Highlighting both of those trades, the Goblin spots a likely nearby tree that looks ripe for climbing, grabs both hands around a lower branch, lifts himself off the ground, and promptly snaps the branch from the tree with a loud snap and falling on his sensitive rear end.

The snap is audible even to the party on the road, as is the near instant followup question of "What was that?" that emerges from about 50ft ahead of you in the forest (about 25 from Meepo) in an alarmed high-pitched voice. After a silent beat, a second deeper voice grumbles, "Go check it out."

ninthbit
2012-06-05, 09:43 PM
C**P D***IT Meepo then quickly scrambles to hide under some cover.

stealth [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-06-05, 09:46 PM
Glory

"Better help him out."

Glorious strides about 15ft, going to the right of were Meepo made the sound. Glory then cants a small spell under his voice.

"Haunting Note."

Glory creates the exact sound made from Meepo's crash in a location 30ft in front of him (15ft away from Meepo's location).

Stealth: Moving at half speed to avoid Stealth penalties
- [roll0]
- Move 15ft
Casting: Ghost Sound
- Duration: 1 round
- DC 12 Will save to Disbelieve (If necessary)
- Effect: Mimicking the rustling sound heard but in a different location away from where Meepo might be.

stack
2012-06-06, 07:08 AM
Unk follows, Ook moving carefully through the trees.

Ook stealth
Unk Stealth {roll]1d20+8

desertwalker
2012-06-06, 11:32 AM
Meepo ghosts into the underbrush as Glory silently approaches and uses magical talents to create sound even deeper in the woods to distract. Behind Glory, Ook and Unk also proceed into the forest, though considerably less subtly.

With the cacophony of rustling noise in the woods from all different directions ringing in your ears, the first voice squeaks and says, "Gods, what's making all that racket!" The grumbly voice chuckles a bit, then replies, "It's just the woods. C'mon, we'll stoke the fire, keep them bloody animals off of us."

There's some light rustling as the first man moves back towards where he came from, and you can hear him muttering, "Damned beasts. I told ya we shouldn't have come to the woods, I bloody well hate animals." To which the second voice replies, "We ain't been caught yet, 'ave we? If we'd have run off on the plains or to one o' them country homes we'd already be back in the cells. Now quit your grumblin' and throw some wood on that fire."

stack
2012-06-06, 11:51 AM
Returning to camp, Unk addresses the others quietly. "Sounds like bandits. Foul ones at that." Hate animals. Barbarians. "Do we avoid them, or confront them? They could make trouble for our village. Maybe someone even has a reward on them?"

Man on Fire
2012-06-06, 01:27 PM
"If they are dangerous, we should deal with them. Like gentlemen, of course." Kremlin says, using word gentleman taken from common, because goblins doesn't have any good equivalent of it. "My friends, you should take your positions. Unk and Meepo, prepare any magic or bombs and be ready to strike from behind, rest try to flank them to attack from different directions. I shall go and order them to surrender, If they will not, you will strike at my signal, or should they attack me. This way I will draw their attention on myself, allowing you to caught them off-guard."

ninthbit
2012-06-06, 02:00 PM
I have to agree, even if they don't confront the village dirrectly, a trade run could get ugly, as well as them poaching the wild game. In any case, it sounds like a good time. Can't say I'm a fan of the call for surrender though, I HIGHLY doubt they would afford us such a choice.

Chained Birds
2012-06-06, 02:27 PM
Glory

"Oh come now, they could be like those Rob from the Rich and Give to the Poor (RftRaGttP) sort of guys. I shall join you in convincing them to go away."

Glory tags along with Kremlin.

ninthbit
2012-06-06, 03:03 PM
OK.. We know you well enought that most of the time we can figure out what you're talking about.... but what the f*** was that?

desertwalker
2012-06-06, 03:15 PM
If you're approaching these guys, give me some marching orders/"X to the left, Y & Z hiding in the bushes"/etc so I can map things out in case they go south.

stack
2012-06-06, 03:18 PM
Unk and Ook take to the trees, circling wide to approach the camp from the rear. Unk keeps his sling in hand, ready for a fight.

Chained Birds
2012-06-06, 04:07 PM
Glory

Glory will stay on Kremlin's right and behind him, walking like some sort of translator or comfedant.

OOC: Just out of curiosity, does anyone else speak common?

ninthbit
2012-06-06, 04:33 PM
Meepo moves and advantageous spot to toss grenades.

he speaks goblin, common, eleven, and dwarven

Man on Fire
2012-06-06, 04:55 PM
Kremlin marches foward to the camp, making sure he can shield Glory in case of trouble.

Once the people at the camp can see them, he speaks in common.

'Greetings, good people. We must say we overheard you conversation and from it have concluded that you are group of criminals. If it is not true, we have to kindly ask you to speak of yourselves, so we may clear the confusion. Is our opinion about you true, we are forced to kidnly ask you to surrender, so you can avoid suffering body harm and even possibility of being killed, that we would have to inflict upon you, shall you not yield immiediately."

Diplomacy [roll0]

desertwalker
2012-06-06, 04:56 PM
Diplomacy check 146, eh?

Man on Fire
2012-06-06, 04:56 PM
Ups, not what I intended, through it is hialrous.
[roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-06-06, 05:10 PM
Glory

"What he said."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

ninthbit
2012-06-07, 07:34 AM
Readied Action: If anyone shows an overt sign of hostile aggression, he gets a grenade to the face. Something like "Kill the goblin" or them advancing with weapons ready.

If it happens:
Atk: [roll0] Ranged touch attack to flat-footed is an AC 10 right?
:smallbiggrin:
Dmg: [roll1] Normally +3, but mutagen is still in effect (10 Min) giving a temporary -2 on Int.

ninthbit
2012-06-07, 07:39 AM
CRIT!!!! please please please let them charge at Kremlin :smallbiggrin:

Confirmation: [roll0] I'm on friggin FIRE!!!.... well they are.. hopefully.

desertwalker
2012-06-07, 11:14 AM
You all(?) walk to a small clearing some 40-50ft off the road where a pulsing firelight is illuminating three figures, Humans all, in shabby shapeless clothes and dirty disheveled appearances. The man with a squeaking voice is a slight, short man with brown teeth; the deep voiced man is a taller broad shouldered man who is by far the cleanest looking of the lot (not that that's saying much), and the third is a massive brute with pale eyes you haven't heard speak yet and who appears to have a series of scars around his throat. All the men are armed with knives and swords and, in the case of the brute, a massive club that appears it used to be part of a staircase. All three stare at you with surprise, confusion, and, seeing that they've been flanked by at least two Goblins, more than a little alarm.

The small man speaks up first, spitting out, "Now who in the bloody Hells do you th-" He is cut off when the second man roughly slaps him on the back of the head. As the first curses quietly, the second says, "Now that's a lot of fancy talking, and I know you mean well, but you've got us wrong. Yeah, we're escapin' from the clink, but we were only in there 'cause the Mayor got a bone to pick with us on account of our perfectly legitimate business competing with his Nephews. There we were being honest businessmen, buying and selling goods in the market, bein' upstanding citizens, and we get arrested for it. Talk about the perils of Government regulation. Now, we don't mean no harm, and I got some family out by the ocean where we're heading, and I'd kindly ask you to leave us be and let bygones be bygones an' all."

You can make any checks you'd like that feel appropriate.

Man on Fire
2012-06-07, 12:18 PM
"Pardon my insolence, but we have to be sure. What kind of business were you having with the Mayor's Newphews? What kind of goods were you buying and selling? How did you escape?" Kremlin asks, watching them ery suspiciously.

Sense Motive [roll0]

stack
2012-06-07, 12:34 PM
Unk weighs their words carefully verses what he was told they said earlier.

sense motive is +3, I presume you want to roll secretly

desertwalker
2012-06-07, 12:44 PM
Nah, you can roll Sense Motive/Perception/etc in the open.

ninthbit
2012-06-07, 01:19 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1] (In case I see anything in their camp that would give a circumstance bonus to the sense motive roll.)

You may want to post DCs and spoilers with things like this, then when we pass, we can go ahead an proceed. Something like:

Perception 15 or Sense Motive DC 21 (or whatever his bluff was)
He has the mark of a local gang tatoo'd on his forarm, You suspect he isn't being truthful.

desertwalker
2012-06-08, 01:00 PM
"Oh, general merchandise," says the man as he sits around the fire. "We were operating a trading hub for some of the shippers that came in from the East, near the oceans; we knew people from back in the day, so they cut us deals that our competition was none too happy about."

Kremlin/Unk:
The man seems earnest enough, though its hard to get a read on him under these circumstances.

Meepo:
Something's striking you about this group that just doesn't seem honest, and you're noticing signs on them of old conflict and injuries that don't exactly scream "Honest Businessman". To top it off, you notice that, ever so slowly and ever so discretely, the speaker is drawing what looks like a throwing dagger out if his sleeve as he's talking to Kremlin.

ninthbit
2012-06-08, 01:52 PM
GRENADE TO THE FACE!!!
Meepo, has seen enough. He doesn't trust the man and it's confirmed as he sees him go for a knife. Meepo quickly lobs one of his incendiar bombs to the spokmans face and it erupts in glorious fire.

Attack and damage in previous post as readied action

Readied Action: If anyone shows an overt sign of hostile aggression, he gets a grenade to the face. Something like "Kill the goblin" or them advancing with weapons ready.

If it happens:
Atk: [roll0] Ranged touch attack to flat-footed is an AC 10 right?
:smallbiggrin:
Dmg: [roll1] Normally +3, but mutagen is still in effect (10 Min) giving a temporary -2 on Int.

Rolls were:
Atk: (1d20+6)[26] Nat 20
Dmg: (1d6+2)[8]
Confirmation: (1d20+6)[24] (rolled in subsequent post)

Man on Fire
2012-06-08, 01:56 PM
"Pardo me, but you haven't answered my question about what sort of business connects you to mayor's family. And I also wish to know, how you managed to escape." Kremlin says, still suspicious, through a bit less than before. While tham doesn't seem to be lying, it doesn't escpe goblin's attention that he speaks in as generall terms as possible."I hope you understand that we need to be sure. If you could give us any sort of details, it could be very helpful." He observes those men, trying to see if anything can indicate if they're telling truth or lies. Julius Tolemeus also watches them carefully, just in case anybody would try to ham his master - he doesn't trust strangers.

Kremlin makes another Sense Motive [roll0] and Perception [roll1], Julius Tolemeus makes Perception check [roll2]

ninthbit
2012-06-08, 02:00 PM
[OOC: You percieve his head explode in a burst of flames as you try to speak to him :smallbiggrin: ]

Man on Fire
2012-06-08, 02:05 PM
[OOC: I rolled nine, so I'll probably percept he is fine, just started shining suddenly :smallamused:]

desertwalker
2012-06-08, 02:40 PM
...Huh, so, with that Nat 1 on Perception, did you actually not notice Meepo's grenade impacting Mr Convict's face :smallwink: ? And I'll give the other readied characters a chance to do something before I update the map/etc. Assume you're within charge range on any of them if it matters. And if you feel like rolling Initiative for the post-"Surprise Grenade to the Face" round, please do so :smallsmile: .

Chained Birds
2012-06-08, 03:14 PM
Glory

"How violent, but fun. We're Not Buying What You're Selling (WNBWYS) mister convicts sirs."

Glory simply draws his scimitar and points at the bombed convict with a cocky gin.

Move Action: Draw Scimitar

Omeganaut
2012-06-10, 08:59 PM
Kavak was not along with the plan, although he has learned to only say what needs to be said for the good of the group. Thus he decides to stay a ways back as the group approaches. He watches the interaction, unable to keep from chuckling at Kremlin's words and the humans responses. Kavak can tell that these guys are bad news, and is ready when Meepo's arm goes for his caustic chemicals to chuck a grenade. Kavak has his bow out in a flash to fire at the smaller man, figuring the chemicals would do plenty to Meepo's target and not wanting to draw attention from the silent ogre.

Katasi
2012-06-10, 11:57 PM
Cloud watcher hasn't been paying close attention to the men, his gaze wandering around, catching sight of some beautiful clouds and trees, but when the vial is thrown he notices it and prepares for battle.

[roll0]

He will draw his rapier and prepare to defend himself.

He will use his first move action to draw his rapier, he will then attack if there is anyone near him (within 5-foot step range), with combat expertise on full +5 bonus to AC, giving him 26 AC.... he'd fight defensively but I can't remember how and my connection is shaky so can't look it up..... if you know just switch this to that, otherwise this will be good.

[roll1]

desertwalker
2012-06-11, 01:25 AM
Alright, let's start this thing.

Meepo's grenade flies from the treeline and lands squarely upon the face of the central bandit. The man screams and flails as the fire wracks at his eyes and features, and in his thrashing you all see the knife he'd slowly been drawing from his sleeve fall to the ground and land almost guiltily.

The other bandits all start in alarm for a second, absolutely shocked at this particular turn of events, but quickly regain their composure and reach for their weapons. The time for talking and lying is over; it's time to draw steel and see who's standing afterward.

Initiative:
Good Guys with Initiative 18+
Bad Guys
All Good Guys

Map:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/pub?id=1WPZkrzsZ-_mWSAtb1fbO8ABeg0UejpNHPjr-aZ0cCNI&w=1013&h=894

Stats (double-check these):

Thug 1 (Skinny) - Wolf 4 - AC 18 (Touch 16, FF 12), HP 10/10, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
Thug 2 (Talker) - AC 16 (Touch 14, FF 12), HP 1/17, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3
Thug 3 (Big Guy) - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 20/20, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0

Omeganaut
2012-06-11, 06:56 AM
Kavak draws a bead on the loud bandit in order to put him completely out of the fight, and to avoid drawing the ire of the other two. He is perfectly happy to stay back and let the others die their glorious deaths if they so desire.

My stats are correct there. [roll0][roll1]

stack
2012-06-11, 07:31 AM
Unk spins his sling over his head, loosing a stone at the largest bandit. Bid target, biggest animals are the most dangerous...sometimes. Drop him quick.

Stone in the air, he drop his sling and draws his club, ready to give Ook his head and let him charge, the shaggy orange lump straining against his rider, ready to fight.

initiative [roll0]

Unk sling attack vs big guy [roll1]
damage [roll2]

move to draw club

ride to avoid 1st attack [roll3]

ninthbit
2012-06-11, 07:52 AM
Just as soon as the first bomb takes flight, Meepo hastefuly prepairs another. Quickly tossing it at the skinny man standing closer to him. You!!! shut your face hole... and you... shut yours too!!!

[OOC: Thug1 is now at 4 HP]

Assuming DM is OK with meepo actually starting from S15, otherwise he'll move to Q09. Future refrence, he'll always take a flank if he can. It's a better view for tossing.

Attack: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

desertwalker
2012-06-11, 10:41 AM
Map tweaked with new positioning. Just Cloud Watcher left, yes?

Katasi
2012-06-11, 07:33 PM
Cloud watcher moves across the battlefield towards one of the men, getting close to him and preparing to defend himself.

Cloud Watcher is moving 30 feet till there is 1 space between him and T3, then using total defense, his AC is 25 this round.

desertwalker
2012-06-11, 11:22 PM
The party begins a brutal impromptu assault on the three escaped criminals, landing numerous blows and doing considerable damage in the opening seconds. The skinny thief, reeling from an alchemical bast from Meepo, stumbles backwards while drawing a knife from his belt, "Gods, they're all over us!!!" With a flick of his wrist, he sends the drawn blade towards Unk, in the back of the fight providing ranged support: [roll0], [roll1].

Screaming with a feral roar, the talker of the group charges the Goblin that turned his pretty face into a blackened blistering wreck with a hurled explosive. With speed and strength, he rushes and swings at head level: [roll2], [roll3].

The brute of the group literally snarls as he hefts his club overhead to attack the nearest Goblin, in this case the brave Cloud Watcher standing nearby in a defensive posture. With angry strength, he brings the club around his head in a brutal swing at the small figure: [roll4], [roll5].

Initiative:
Good Guys
Bad Guys

Map:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/pub?id=1WPZkrzsZ-_mWSAtb1fbO8ABeg0UejpNHPjr-aZ0cCNI&w=1013&h=894

Stats (double-check these):

Thug 1 (Skinny) - Wolf 4 - AC 18 (Touch 16, FF 12), HP 4/10, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
Thug 2 (Talker) - AC 16 (Touch 14, FF 12), HP 1/17, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3
Thug 3 (Big Guy) - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 18/20, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0

Katasi
2012-06-11, 11:40 PM
Cloud Watcher easily dodges the man's blow, catching it on his shield as it comes down.

ninthbit
2012-06-11, 11:55 PM
Meepo steps back, dodging the singed thugs wild swing. Then as he prepares and throws the next volley the flask slips from his hand, still landing close enough to the criminal to blow out his knee and send him to the ground as he succumbs to his injuries.

5 foot step away.
Atk [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]

Miss direction for splash damage in second post. (It went to square 4, top left)

ninthbit
2012-06-11, 11:57 PM
Missed splash dmg
[roll0]
top left. Only hits him. Unless he has evasion, he's dead.

Meepo smiles and lets out a laugh, Ohhh ho ho... That's what you get for trying to pull a knife on one of my boys; you stupid oversized moron. That's right b****, even when I miss I still KILL you dead.

Meepo then starts to taunt the burnt skinny man. Hey you!!! You're next a**hole!

desertwalker
2012-06-12, 12:26 AM
Thug 2 does not have Evasion, and goes down hard.

Chained Birds
2012-06-12, 05:28 AM
Glory

Moving forward a bit with scimitar drawn, Glory come up with the wonderful idea of enhancing Meepo's pyromania.

"A Slip of the Foot, a Trip of the Tongue."

As Glory cants these words, oil seems to seep from the ground around two of the Criminals, including the fire next to them as well.

Move Action: Move 20ft to [N-11]
Standard Action: Cast Grease Spell (DC 13 Reflex Save / DC 10 Acrobatics check [see description])
- Area: 10ft radius from [K-15]
- Duration: 1 minute (10 rounds)
- Effect: Grease Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/grease).

Omeganaut
2012-06-12, 06:41 AM
Kavak fires another arrow, hoping to land it better amongst the mandits 'better pun than anything the others could come up with anyways. Seriously, that chemist is insane, and the others are about as bland of goblins as I have ever seen. Why are they so serious? On the other hand, putting my complaints into internal monologues is probably better for my health, so that's one good thing that has come out of this!'

stack
2012-06-12, 07:17 AM
The blade bounces off the ro0und wooden disk on Unk's arm. "Forward Ook!" The orangutang darts forward, arms waving, teeth bared, and loose skin flapping.

charge attack T1
Ook [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Unk ride to attack [roll2]

Unk club attack [roll3]
damage [roll4]

ride to avoid first attack [roll5]

Unk AC 18, Ook AC 12 from charge

desertwalker
2012-06-12, 10:21 AM
Kavak, I don't actually see an attack there?

Katasi
2012-06-12, 10:50 AM
Cloud Watcher jabs his rapier up at the man, his other hand still raised high with the man's mace on it, positioning himself to easily defend against any other attack the man might make, using all his skill.

[roll=damage]1d4+1[

He's fighting defensively- +2 to AC, -4 to attack
He's also using combat expertise- +1 to AC, -1 to attack.

His AC for the next round will be 24

Katasi
2012-06-12, 10:54 AM
Arg, put an extra bracket in the damage roll, let's try again: [roll0]

Omeganaut
2012-06-12, 11:40 AM
I forgot the roll :smallredface: [roll0][roll1]
And then i manage a crit. Lets see here confirm - (1d20+5)[5](10)damage - (2d4-2)[5]
and then I ruin it...

Man on Fire
2012-06-12, 02:04 PM
Kremlin is shocked to see Meepo attacking the man, until he sees he had prepared a dagger.
!Speldind! You have unfold their treachery! Now it's our turn!" Kremlin yells and charges at the muscular thug, his lance ready to strike. And he and Julius runs to wards the enemy, loud battlecry, accompanied by wolf's angry howl, comes from his mouth:
"PAAAAARDOOOOON MYYYY LAAAANCEEEE!"

Kremlin and Julius Tolemeus charges (-2 AC) at the muscular thug
Kremlin's attack roll [roll0] and I don't know if it counts, because it was before combat, but he offered them to surrender earlier, so he might get +1 bonus on attack rolls. Lance Damage [roll1] x2.
Julius Tholemeus attack roll [roll2], damage roll [roll3]

Katasi
2012-06-12, 04:35 PM
@Kremlin
Why did you roll a d6 for an attack roll?

Man on Fire
2012-06-12, 04:43 PM
Ups, my mistake. Lets do it again [roll0]

desertwalker
2012-06-13, 02:08 AM
With the attacks continuing, the thin Thief finds himself facing a bomb throwing Goblin and a rider on an angry ape, all while balancing precariously atop a field of unstable ground. Showing his ingrained survival instincts, the man drops the dagger he was holding and places his hands on his head, saying quickly, "Gods, please, I'm stopping, I'm stopping!"

The brawler does not have the same change of heart. Faced now with two Goblins in his face, one small and frustratingly nimble, the other mounted on a wolf, he takes his club in a wide arc and tries to knock Kremlin clear off his saddle: [roll0], [roll1].

Initiative:
Good Guys
Bad Guys

Map:

Stats:
Kremlin - AC 18 (Touch 13, FF 16), HP 2/12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +1

Thug 1 (Skinny) - AC 18 (Touch 16, FF 12), HP 4/10, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1, Unarmed
Thug 2 (Talker) - Dead
Thug 3 (Big Guy) - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 10/20, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0

stack
2012-06-13, 07:36 AM
Unk points to the ground, yelling in goblin, "Down get down. Ook will hold you." Even if the man can't understand the words, the emphatic gestures should be clear enough.

The ape will restrain the guy, leaving everyone else free to finish the other one.

Man on Fire
2012-06-13, 07:50 AM
Kremlin, after seeing a lot of stars from the punch, tries to hold in the saddle.
"Your friends are either dead or have surrendered. You are lone and surrounded. Give up and we will let you live." He says to the guy. If he won't listen, Kremlin says "In that case, I beg your pardon!" as he and Julius Tolemeus attack again.

Kremlin spends standard action on ordering thug to surrender and thanks to that gets attacks with Lance, he gets +1 to attack rolls against him. [roll0] , Damage [roll1]
Julius Tolemeus attack roll [roll2], damage [roll3]

Man on Fire
2012-06-13, 07:52 AM
Forum doesn't show new page again.

ninthbit
2012-06-13, 09:02 AM
Meepo, still a little dizzy in his head and lost in the throws of battle, pulls a dagger and launches it at the skinny mans exposed ribs.

Atk: [roll0] (+5 -2 from range)
Dmg: [roll1]

He then lets out a battle cry as he begins to prepair another bomb.

Omeganaut
2012-06-13, 11:59 AM
Kavak prepares another arrow. He checks to see if any of the bandits are still fighting before releasing, but he will not hold back if he doesn't see a clear sign of surrender.

If there is a choice, bandit 3 [roll0][roll1]

Chained Birds
2012-06-13, 12:51 PM
Glory

Glory shrugs a bit and points towards the healthiest looking of the bandits.

"Laze!"

Regardless of the success of the Cantrip, Glory will move behind the wounded Kremlin just in case he his injured further.

Standard Action: Casting Daze Cantrip on T1 (DC 12 Will Save)
- Effect: Dazed for 1 round
Move Action: Move to [K-11]

Katasi
2012-06-13, 01:11 PM
Cloud Watcher pulls his rapier out and jabs it upwards at his opponent again, silently, keeping his focus rather than taunting or asking for surrender. He meanwhile keeps on his toes, ready to parry or dodge as needed should his opponent attack him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

He's continuing to fight defensively, and using his combat expertise

desertwalker
2012-06-13, 04:10 PM
The skinny thug offers no resistance as Ook strongly wraps his long primate arms around him, though he does curse loudly as Meepo's dagger slashes a line across his side and Glory's spell befuddles him momentarily.

The large thug, beset on all sides, shot by arrows, ripped at by wolves, angrier than ever and clearly looking for blood, swings again at the wounded Kremlin in an effort to better his numerical odds: [roll0], [roll1].

Initiative:
Good Guys
Bad Guys

Map:

Stats:
Kremlin - AC 18 (Touch 13, FF 16), HP 2/12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +1

Thug 1 (Skinny) - AC 18 (Touch 16, FF 12), HP 1/10, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1, Unarmed, Restrained (Ook)
Thug 2 (Talker) - Dead
Thug 3 (Big Guy) - AC 14 (Touch 12, FF 12), HP 5/20, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0

Man on Fire
2012-06-13, 04:16 PM
"And pardon me again!" Kremlin yells, striking his opponent again.

Kremlin Attack roll [roll0] damage [roll1]
Julius Tolemeus Attack roll [roll2], damage [roll3]

Man on Fire
2012-06-13, 04:17 PM
Julius Tolemeus got crit, rolling [roll0] and damage [roll1]

desertwalker
2012-06-13, 04:38 PM
That brings down the big guy; you currently have a restrained skinny thief and two downed thugs that technically aren't dead *yet*. How shall ye proceed?

Man on Fire
2012-06-13, 05:40 PM
"Congratulations my friends, we did a spledind job. Especially to you, Meepo, for saving my life, and to you, Julius, for taking down the last enemy. As well to Unk for helping with the magic. But all of us were great. I say we stabilize them and bring to the city, so they can face judgment. This will make our misson easier if we'll bring such gift to the people."

Katasi
2012-06-13, 07:15 PM
"Until we figure out what to do with them we should at least tie them up." Cloud Watcher says. "Anyone have rope?"

Chained Birds
2012-06-13, 07:21 PM
Glory

With the battle over,

"That was Very Enjoyable (VE)! Wolves just don't seem very glorious, but a fight with humans is a Lot More Fun (LMF).
Kremlin, Hold on One Second (HoOS)."

Glory places a hand on Kremlin's back and cants,

"Lightly cure, with a touch so Pure."

Kremlin is filled with some minor positive energy to heal his grievous wounds. Glory will also help in stabilizing the bleeding men around them if anyone wants to do it.

Casting Cure Light Wounds on Kremlin
- [roll0]

Heal Check to Aid Another with Stabilizing the dieing men. (DC 10)
- [roll1]
- [roll2]

Man on Fire
2012-06-13, 07:28 PM
"Thank you, my friend. I feel like a born again!" Kremlin says, bowing to thank Glorious Death.

ninthbit
2012-06-13, 10:02 PM
Ya that was pretty friggin awesome. I thought that first one was going to blow his head clean off. he digs his rope back out of his sack. here you go

Meepo the starts searching the camp for valuable and alchemical agents.

perception [roll]1d20+4[/roll

stack
2012-06-14, 07:54 AM
Unk hops to the ground to eye-up Ook's captive. "So, what do we do with them? Outlaws, bandits, criminals, crimes against civilization ought be judged in cities, right? If they were animals, we could just eat them. I say drag them along. If we're lucky, maybe someone will be happy to see them."

Man on Fire
2012-06-14, 08:36 AM
"Exactly my thoughts, dear Unk." Kremlin says, scartich Julius Tolemeus behind the ear for well-done job.

Chained Birds
2012-06-14, 10:44 AM
Glory

"What did those Adventurers call it? Ah! Let us Go a Looting (GaL)."

Glory aids in searching the camp for items.

Perception (Search): [roll0]

Edit: :thog: Glory no see shinies. Glory go stare at bushes now.

Katasi
2012-06-14, 12:00 PM
Cloud Watcher takes the rope from Meepo and ties the men tightly together, after which he follows Glory, looking through the men's gear.

ninthbit
2012-06-14, 02:10 PM
Meepo moves on to check the prisoners for anything they have on there person Thanks for setting up our camp. I hate collecting the wood for the fire He takes extra caution and attention since they've already shown to hide weapons.

Perception [roll0]

ninthbit
2012-06-14, 02:18 PM
Meepo moves on to check the prisoners for anything they have on there person Thanks for setting up our camp. I hate collecting the wood for the fire He takes extra caution and attention since they've already shown to hide weapons.

Perception [roll0]

desertwalker
2012-06-14, 06:42 PM
Your beaten but conscious captive stays quiet as you tie him up with ropes and either go through the camp looking for supplies or tend to the wounded. Glory's ministrations on the two fallen thugs yield mixed results; the talkative thug with a heavily burnt face is still alive and breathing shallowly but steadily, but the large man succumbs quickly to his wounds and bleeds out through his bindings several minutes after you move into the camp.

Now that there's relative calm here, you take your time to go over these men and their possessions thoroughly. Not too surprisingly perhaps, you find that around each of their right legs are gang shackles that appear to have been chained together once, though that's no longer the case obviously. As for supplies, they were indeed traveling quite light; between them, they had maybe a day's worth of trail jerkey and bread, a half eaten fresh roasted rabbit, and a pair of bottles of ale, on top of their weapons which include a grand total of 7 knives, 3 short swords, the improvised club, and a pair of lock picks on the skinny one. The weapons seem of oddly good quality for this lot; you suspect there's an empty sword rack in whatever jail these people escaped from. It crosses your mind more than once that these people seem wholly unprepared for a wilderness trek of any length at all, and if they had any plan of survival it doubtless revolved around preying on anyone unlucky enough to come across these three not ready for a fight. They didn't even have blankets on them.

After an hour of awkward silence, the thin thug clears his throat once, then speaks, "So... if'n you're planning on turning us over for the bounty and all, you probably know that I'm only worth crumbs while Big Jim, rest his soul, was the biggest fish of us, 150 gold I think, and Billy the Beggar's a good 100 gold to his head. Really, I ain't worth the trouble of taking in, and the watch won't miss me t'all. I could be a friend in the future, if you show an act of kindness an' all."

Chained Birds
2012-06-14, 06:54 PM
Glory

"Crumbs might sound unpleasant to you, but we Goblin Love Them to Death (LTtD)."

Glory claps his hands and bow his head for the departed one. Glory tried his best, though most people would know not to trust such a Goblin with lives on the line. Especially with a name like "Glorious Death".

Man on Fire
2012-06-14, 07:06 PM
"I'm terribly sorry, but we cannot do that. First, you would just die in the wildness, as you are completely not prepared for facing it. Second, you either have done bad things, or helped those men done them. At very least you have escaped from prison. You need to face judgment and justice." Kremlin says, like a father explaining to a son why he is punishing him.

ninthbit
2012-06-14, 10:16 PM
While Kremlin is talking with the prisoner, Meepo walks up to the corpse and lops off the head. Once it stops dripping he wraps it in the rags left of his shirt. When he gets up and sees Kremlin face he quickly replies What? The bounty is on his head and he looks pretty d*** heavy. Does that look mean that Julius isn't getting the meat?

desertwalker
2012-06-14, 11:08 PM
The thin man looks sullen and lays down, trying to go into an uneasy sleep 'til the morning.

What's your groups plan for the eve? It's starting to get a little dark in the sky, and it's quite doubtful you'd reach the end of the forest before serious nightfall after these events.

Katasi
2012-06-14, 11:09 PM
Cloud Watcher opens one of the bottles of Ale and sniffs it before taking a large gulp of it. He then takes a large bit of the rabbit. "Perhaps we should wake 'Billy' and ask him what the price on your head actually is." he says "Seriously, either way you're going to have to offer more than a potential friend, especially since you already attacked us. What exactly can you offer us, starting with a reason we should trust you."

desertwalker
2012-06-14, 11:19 PM
The thin man rolls over, thinking hard. "Well... I do know a lot of the product runners in town, and I've got connects in most the big cities around the area if you need anything you ain't supposed to have... I could get you, maybe, 100 gold by the end of the month if'n that's what you're looking for too, which is more 'n twice what the copper heads are payin' for me." He attempts to shrug his shoulders in his bindings, "An' in all fairness, I didn't attack first, it was that one." He gestures his head towards Meepo.

Chained Birds
2012-06-14, 11:40 PM
Glory

Glory will take first sleep and last watch as he needs his good ol' spells back and would probably be best for him to be attentive during a time where everyone else will be mostly well-rested.

ninthbit
2012-06-15, 12:41 AM
Meepo kicks out is folding chair, sits comfortably. Someone draws a blade against my kin and then yes, I'll incinerate their face, remove their head, and piss on their cold dead corps. You may be skinny for your kind, but I bet the bounty on your head doesn't require the presence of you torso either. It would be lighter. He cracks open the second ale and lights his pipe. You know... I don't think I'm going to get too drunk tonight. I'm enjoying the rush of fresh combat. I think this journey is going to be a good bit of fun. I'll take first watch.

Man on Fire
2012-06-15, 06:35 AM
"We're sorry, but we're not interested in your services. Besides, as I said, would we let you go, you be letting you to die. It's better and safer for you to return to prison that stay here and be eaten by wild animals." Kremlin says. "Pardon me, dear Meepo, but you know we will have to let people in te city inspect their belongings, right? I think they may let us take it, if we ask nicely, but don't get too attached, just in case."

stack
2012-06-15, 07:11 AM
Unk checks about, making sure the area is secure before coming back. "Fair enough place to camp. Rest now, finish in the morning. Take turns at watch. Ook can help carry the dead one back. Rather feed him to the wolves, they seem hungry in these parts, but we may need friends in town. Favors and gold buy friends. We have no need of 'product', we are on a sacred quest."

I realize mentioning the quest in front of the prisoner may be a bad idea, but Unk is kinda prideful, if you haven't noticed.

ninthbit
2012-06-15, 07:43 AM
Krem, what belongings? The hilts on those blades are all too thick, they were made for their fat human hands. These idiots came out here with nothing of use. Cloud and I are already enjoying the two good things they had, and if someone gets real upset about two stupid ales then I'll pay just to get them to shut their trap. granted I'll likely steal more then I pay.

Meepo starts setting up his alchemy kit, In any case, I've got some brewing to do. Why don't you go ahead and rack out. I'll wake you in a few hours for watch. Hey Cloud... G-L-O-R-Y wants last shift, so you've got third if it's alright. Almost forgot... is anyone still hurt?

OOC: Meepo will spend his shift brewing a new STR based mutagen as well as preparing additional vials of catalyst for his bombs.

If either prisoner gives him any attitude or tries to escape, he won't hesitate to beat them or even kill if he deems it nessasary (it won't take much for him to deam it nessasary.)

Katasi
2012-06-15, 09:41 AM
"Fine by me." Cloud replies to Meepo, still munching on a piece of rabbit and downing the bottle of Ale.