PDA

View Full Version : Staff of the Monkey King

Silverscale
2012-05-22, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know where I can find stats for the Staff of the Monkey King and also any other artifacts associated with him like perhaps his crown? I'm thinking of putting together a 3-4 piece set of items associated with The Monkey King but I'm rather rusty on stating out items.

Also if anyone can point me toward good pictures of the artifacts that would be cool too.

vasharanpaladin
2012-05-22, 03:39 PM
Ruyi-jingu-bang's the only item Sun Wukong had worth anything to a PC; the circlet was jammed on his head as punishment. Though I think the pelt he wore around his waist could be considered a magic item...

Tanuki Tales
2012-05-22, 05:34 PM
Sun Wukong apparently got several magic items from the four dragons of the seas after defeating them, a suit of golden chain mail, a phoenix-feather cap and cloud-walking boots.

He also stole the Peaches of Immortality, Pills of Longevity and the royal wine of the Jade Emperor.

Steward
2012-05-22, 06:44 PM
I'm a little confused. Are you asking for someone to homebrew the stats for these items for you, or were they in some book somewhere and you're asking for help finding them?

bobthe6th
2012-05-22, 09:11 PM
He also stole the Peaches of Immortality, Pills of Longevity and the royal wine of the Jade Emperor.
the pills were this one imortals(I think)

As for the staff, call it a +X/+X sizing quarter staff that is specificly indestructible but requiers a massive str scor to weiled properly...

miniviewer
2012-05-22, 09:43 PM
I stated a diety-like MK on my homebrew sometime ago..

Wishing Rod
MK wields the potent artifact, the Wishing Rod. The Wishing Rod function as a +10 adamantine staff with the following enhancements: brutal surge (+1), doom burst (+2), ghost touch (+1), illuminating (500gp), metalline (+2), prismatic burst (30,000gp), sacred (+1), sizing (5,000gp), speed (+3), transmuting (+2). In addition, the Wishing Rod has a permanent Greater Mighty Wallop effect.

The artifact can only be wielded by a wielder that succeeds on a strength check DC 80. Once the check succeeds, the Wishing Rod binds to the wielder altering its weight to that of a standard adamantine quarterstaff. It remains so bound until it leaves the wielder’s possession for 1d100 days, whereby it grows to its default size of a colossal quarterstaff. When it is not bound to any wielder, no force on the planes short of divine intervention can move it.

Weapon damage by size
F D T S M L H G C
1d6 1d8 2d6 3d6 4d6 6d6 8d6 12d6 16d6

Armor of the Dragon Lords
(Half Plate Armor: AC +7, Dex +0, Armor check penalty -7, Arcane sp failure chance 40%, speed 20)
MK wears the Armor of the Dragon Lords. This set of artifact comprise of the following parts:
Arms Bracers with the following enhancements: magic-eating (5,000gp). The bracers also provides a +12 enhancement bonus to strength and a +8 enhancement bonus to constitution.

Face Mask with the following enhancements: masking (20,000gp), menacing (30,000gp). In addition, the wielder gains the effect of see invisibility and discern shapechanger. As a standard action, he can also use know vulnerability at will.

Head Tiara with the following enhancements: greater sonic resistance (66,000gp). In addition, the wielder gains the effect of resist planar alignment, planar tolerance, and mind blank.

Body +10 Half plate armor with the following enhancements: glammered (2,700gp), greater silent moves (33,750gp), greater slick (33,750gp), ghost touch (+3), heavy fortification (+5), vanishing (+3).

Feet Boots with the following enhancements: greater agility (4,000gp), greater balance (9,375gp), landing (2,000gp), quickness (5,000gp).

Collection Benefits:
Pieces Worn Benefit
2 pieces ?
3 pieces Mettle
4 pieces 30 ft. aura that grants allies a +3 morale bonus to resist fear
5 pieces 1/day summon 2 ancient cloud dragons

Silverscale
2012-05-22, 11:01 PM
@Steward:
I was asking for people to help me stat them out although if you happen to know of them is some splat book I'd love to compare that to what miniviewer provided.

I stated a diety-like MK on my homebrew sometime ago..

Wishing Rod
MK wields the potent artifact, the Wishing Rod. The Wishing Rod function as a +10 adamantine staff with the following enhancements: brutal surge (+1), doom burst (+2), ghost touch (+1), illuminating (500gp), metalline (+2), prismatic burst (30,000gp), sacred (+1), sizing (5,000gp), speed (+3), transmuting (+2). In addition, the Wishing Rod has a permanent Greater Mighty Wallop effect.

The artifact can only be wielded by a wielder that succeeds on a strength check DC 80. Once the check succeeds, the Wishing Rod binds to the wielder altering its weight to that of a standard adamantine quarterstaff. It remains so bound until it leaves the wielder’s possession for 1d100 days, whereby it grows to its default size of a colossal quarterstaff. When it is not bound to any wielder, no force on the planes short of divine intervention can move it.

Weapon damage by size
F D T S M L H G C
1d6 1d8 2d6 3d6 4d6 6d6 8d6 12d6 16d6

Armor of the Dragon Lords
(Half Plate Armor: AC +7, Dex +0, Armor check penalty -7, Arcane sp failure chance 40%, speed 20)
MK wears the Armor of the Dragon Lords. This set of artifact comprise of the following parts:
Arms Bracers with the following enhancements: magic-eating (5,000gp). The bracers also provides a +12 enhancement bonus to strength and a +8 enhancement bonus to constitution.

Face Mask with the following enhancements: masking (20,000gp), menacing (30,000gp). In addition, the wielder gains the effect of see invisibility and discern shapechanger. As a standard action, he can also use know vulnerability at will.

Head Tiara with the following enhancements: greater sonic resistance (66,000gp). In addition, the wielder gains the effect of resist planar alignment, planar tolerance, and mind blank.

Body +10 Half plate armor with the following enhancements: glammered (2,700gp), greater silent moves (33,750gp), greater slick (33,750gp), ghost touch (+3), heavy fortification (+5), vanishing (+3).

Feet Boots with the following enhancements: greater agility (4,000gp), greater balance (9,375gp), landing (2,000gp), quickness (5,000gp).

Collection Benefits:
Pieces Worn Benefit
2 pieces ?
3 pieces Mettle
4 pieces 30 ft. aura that grants allies a +3 morale bonus to resist fear
5 pieces 1/day summon 2 ancient cloud dragons

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for