PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Critique my Batman Build

doko239
2012-05-22, 08:31 PM
I've seen (and posted in) a couple of "Build a Batman" threads, and it's made me want to play it. This is the build I came up with. I'm showing him at level 8, since that's where he'll get Shatter Defenses and hit full combat effectiveness.

Concept is built around nonlethal sneak attack damage (Batman doesn't kill, after all). What I need most is ideas for the "Bat Belt" to deal with stuff he can't punch into a coma. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Pathfinder Society restrictions apply.

Batman

Human Ninja 8

20 Point buy

Str 18 (14 +2 Human +1 at 4th/8th)
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 13
Wis 10
Cha 14

HP 53 (8d8 + 10) (6 levels of favored class into Extra Trick alternate feature, other two into HP)

Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2

Initiative +8, Perception +11

Skills (80 Pts): Acrobatics 8 ranks, Bluff 4 ranks, Climb 4 ranks, Disable Device 4 ranks, Escape Artist 4 ranks, Intimidate 8 ranks, Knowledge (Local) 4 ranks, Knowledge (Nobility) 4 ranks, Linguistics 4 ranks, Perception 8 ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks, Sleight of Hand 4 ranks, Stealth 8 ranks, Use Magic Device 8 ranks

Traits: Dominator (+2 Intimidate to demoralize), Reactionary (+2 Initiative)

Feats: Bludgeoner, Dazzling Display, Enforcer, Improved Unarmed Strike, Knockout Artist, Sap Adept, Sap Master, Shatter Defenses, Weapon Focus (Cestus)

Tricks: Smoke Bomb (2nd), Unarmed Combat Training (4th), Weapon Training (Cestus) (6th), Fast Stealth (6th), Combat Trick (Shatter Defenses) (8th)

Equipment: +1 Mithril Breastplate of Shadow, +1 Dueling Cestus, Cloak of the Bat, Hand Crossbow w/Grappling Arrow, Masterwork Shuriken of various metal types, Adventurer's Sash

Invader
2012-05-22, 08:48 PM
There's a masterwork bandolier that works like a bag of holding that would be perfect. I think it's in the MIC.

doko239
2012-05-22, 09:04 PM
There's a masterwork bandolier that works like a bag of holding that would be perfect. I think it's in the MIC.

MIC is out of consideration; this build is for Pathfinder Society. Restrictions on available material can be found here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/additionalResources).

Invader
2012-05-22, 09:08 PM
MIC is out of consideration; this build is for Pathfinder Society. Restrictions on available material can be found here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/additionalResources).

Ahh I'm fairly unfamiliar with PF, I just assumed you could find a similar item.

Waker
2012-05-22, 09:57 PM
Well, time to comment, I'm a bit tired so bear with me if I make a mistake.
-I think you have the wrong number of feats. I'm counting nine, but can only account for 8. 1 (Human) + 4 (8th level) + 3 (Tricks)
-A utility belt substitute could be the Handy Haversack, an extradimensional backpack that lets you draw items out as a move action that doesn't provoke AoOs.
-A small thing, but you don't have a sap listed as your equipment. Figured I'd point it out since you have the feats for it.
-I'm assuming you're using Cestus as an easy way of enchanting your unarmed strikes.

doko239
2012-05-22, 11:59 PM
Well, time to comment, I'm a bit tired so bear with me if I make a mistake.
-I think you have the wrong number of feats. I'm counting nine, but can only account for 8. 1 (Human) + 4 (8th level) + 3 (Tricks)

You're right, I must have made a mistake somewhere. Ah well, it pushes Shatter Defenses back to level 9 then.

-A utility belt substitute could be the Handy Haversack, an extradimensional backpack that lets you draw items out as a move action that doesn't provoke AoOs.

Adventurer's Sash is playing the part at low levels, but this is a good upgrade.

-A small thing, but you don't have a sap listed as your equipment. Figured I'd point it out since you have the feats for it.

Sap Adept and Sap Master don't actually require a sap to use, just a nonlethal bludgeoning weapon. With Bludgeoner feat, ANY bludgeoning weapon can inflict nonlethal with no penalty, including a Cestus.

-I'm assuming you're using Cestus as an easy way of enchanting your unarmed strikes.

Also for the extra damage type, slightly increased damage over base unarmed, and increased critical range, plus a masterwork cestus really helps at low level.