PDA

View Full Version : Another one trying for the worlds largest dungeon.

Garthis
2012-05-23, 12:52 AM
OK, it’s probably a stupid idea but I have decided to run a game of world’s largest dungeon. Worst of all I will be converting it to Pathfinder, and worse than that I will be having some of my players states away playing via Skype. Judging by the fact that every single time I tried to run this game since the day I bought it those many years ago I know people have a very poor opinion of this game, and reading over it I can see where most people would be put off by it. It looks like something that was put together by people who only care for the mechanics part of dungeon crawls and didn’t put more thought then was necessary into the story. Top that all off by the fact that since I am playing online, maps become an even bigger hassle as I have yet to find a good high resolution map for the dungeon to use in most online mapping programs (More than 5000px by 5000px). Despite all this I think I have it worked out.
First off I have scrapped the poorly constructed RP in favor of my own better developed RP world. Combined that with the switch to pathfinder which changes the classes enough that the problems they had in the play-test no longer apply as much, I don’t think the mechanic problems that most people have with the game are going to be as much of a sticking point. The problems with the maps came to me like a bolt of lightning and made me smack my head for how dense I was being. I am a skilled 3d modeler… make the map in 3d and then I can make maps of whatever I want at whatever size I want. This also makes me double check things so I can make modifications to them to make them more streamlined and better for RP. Aside from all that I know there are things that I haven’t thought of so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me about running the world’s largest dungeon and converting it to pathfinder.

P.S. If anyone is interested I am willing to upload renders of the maps as I complete them.

Canarr
2012-05-23, 02:36 AM
I'd be interested in seeing those maps when you're done with them.

Here, you may find that interesting:

http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz19cn&page=1?Velcro-Zipper-presents-AEGs-The-Worlds-Largest