PDA

View Full Version : Good bard things to invest in besides word of creation or dragonfire inspiration?

Mystic Muse
2012-05-23, 02:30 AM
I'm asking because I'm working on a Homebrew Monster class that's going to rely on using Bardic music, but words of creation and Dragonfire inspiration are already going to be in other monster classes, and I don't like my classes having redundant abilities (For the most part) so I was wondering if there's some third bardic music ability that I couldn't think of off the top of my head.

Pilo
2012-05-23, 02:36 AM
The half-elf ACF from Races of Destiny allow him to generate an effect similar to calm emotion spell with his bardic music.

Mystic Muse
2012-05-23, 02:49 AM
Was kinda hoping for something comparable to Dragonfire Inspiration or Words of Creation.

Maybe bypassing mind-affecting immunity with it since that can be a rather irritating complication...

CheeseMerchant
2012-05-23, 04:01 AM
There are a couple of feats that allow a Bard to affect things usually immune to Bardic Music. The two that I can recall off of the top of my head are Requiem (allows Bardic Music to affect Undead) and Greensinger (allows Bardic Music to affect Plants).

Is that more along the lines of what you are looking for?

Morph Bark
2012-05-23, 04:11 AM
Was kinda hoping for something comparable to Dragonfire Inspiration or Words of Creation.

Maybe bypassing mind-affecting immunity with it since that can be a rather irritating complication...

Sounds like Requiem.

Aeryr
2012-05-23, 05:10 AM
Once in a necromantic themed campaign I played a bard who the the corpsecrafting necromancer turned into a bonesinger (from Ghostwalk) and PrC into diresinger (from Libris mortis) to buff the undead army.

Talionis
2012-05-23, 06:35 AM
Look at Seeker of the Song. It has a laot of abilities off of Bardic Music. It's in Complete Arcane.