PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] My first/greatest limitbreak

Xiander
2012-05-23, 07:14 AM
I am currently part of an exalted solars campaign, which has been running since october last year. Last night we had a particularty action packed session, featuring the murder of two prominent dragonblooded (one of the the satrap of the city wich we a trying to take over), a terrorist bombing of the citys vast firedust depots and near the end the first limitbreak our group has ever seen curtesy of my character.

This was such a cool climax to an altogether awesome session, that I decided i really should share it. Further I figure that most players of exalted probably has interesting limitbreak stories to share, so go ahead and post you stories of exiting limitbreaks here.

And now the story of my first limitbreak (spolired for length):
In order to cut of the leadership of the city we are attempting to take over and plunge the city into political chaos, our three man group of solars had decided to assinate the two most influential dragonblooded in the span on one day. Further more, to ad economical pressure to the deal we had made a plan, to blow up the firedust depots which form the fundament for the citys status as a rich economic central.

To this end we had split into two groups. Our muscle-man and martial artist had gone to make the hit on one of the dragonblooded (A task he acomplished in six seconds flat).
Meanwhile our thrown weapons master and my character (the groups melee focussed warior and an expert craftman) had take up posission to attempt to assassinate the Satrap when his daily routines would take him and his guards past a good spot for the hit.
Long story short, his guard turn out to be a lot more competent than expected and the two of us have to split up. The other guy making a run for it in an attempt to take some of the attention of me while I escape through the sewer system, dragging a severely wounded satrap behind med on a rope. Due to some investment in athlethics charms i easily outrun the satraps guards and find a quiet place in the sewer to give the satrap a piece of my mind before i kill him off.
Now, the satrap has been begging me to explain what he has done to deserve this througout the entire scene. So i tear of the mask which covered my face, reveal my solar nature to him and exclaim that his kind had slaugtered my kind thousands of years ago and imprisoned our essence so they could subdue and enslave creation, but now we had returned for revenge. At which point he uses a social charm to warp my perception and make me completely believe that everything I accused him of was actually the fault of my partner in the assault.
I fail to resist it.
I do still kill him, as he is standing in way of completing my plans to take back creation, but the effects of the charm linger. So when I find my comrades again somewhere in the sewer where we had planned to meet, in order to ready the bombing of the firedust depots, I find an excuse to talk to the third member alone while the guy I am now deeply mistrusting of is doing something else. I reveal my mistrust and even make use of parts of the characters vackground to make it seem completely reasonable, and the muscleman agrees that we have to watch out ally closely to make sure he does not betray us.

After this conversation we start realising the plan to blow up one of the two depots. We first try to make the guards evacute the building by funneling smoke through a drainpipe into it, hoping they panic at the though of a fire in a building filled with firedust. Unfortunately one of the guards roll insanely well on their roll to spot where the smoke is comming from, and realises it is emmanating from the sewers.
Rather than forfeit the plan, we push forward. Our muscleman smashes a crater sized hole in the floor and I ready to light and throf an explosive device i engineered for the purpose.
At which point the dead satrap's charm wears off, and my character realizes that he has benn scammed into spreading mistrust among his own ranks, possibly endangering his longterm plans.
This pushes my charater to a Limit roll, which pushes him over the edge in to limitbreak. Taken over by deliberate cruelty, I punish my more compassionate teammate (the trown weapons guy) for giving away our position with his shouts of warning, By slugging him in the face.
Then I quickly push forward, to the location of the othe firedust depot (which we had not even planned to hit), have the muscleman punch a hole in the floor there as well and slug another bomb, with a ten second fuse right in the face of the first innocent bystander i see, breaking his neck as i hit him in the face (Which forces the much more compasionate trhown weapons expert to roll for limit).
We then make a hasty retreat out of the sewer system, and find ourselves outside the city, where the thrown weapons expert an I first trade insults and then blows, ending with my character being knocked out due to severe wounds from the satraps guards and the other guy having a perfect defence.

And that is where the session ended.