PDA

View Full Version : Tiefling template?

danzibr
2012-05-23, 08:19 AM
Is there an official thing like a Tiefling template? We have:

Half-Dragon (template) and Draconic (template)
Half-Celestial (template) and Aasimar (race)
Half-Fiend (template) and Tiefling (race)

I'd be interested in an Aasimar template as well.

Pilo
2012-05-23, 08:33 AM
Well, it is akward because Fey'ri, which is the elf tiefling, is far from the human tiefling so i don't know if it has a meaning to do it.

But if you really want a template, I think you can use the base race directly.

It would be an inherited template applicable to Humanoid creatures with a +1LA.

sonofzeal
2012-05-23, 08:57 AM
Nope, just Standard and Lesser Tieflings. They lose human goodies, so it's not like it even makes sense as a template. The races are weak though - I'd just take Tiefling goodies and apply them on top of normal racial goodies. This makes Human Tieflings actually half-decent, and other races of Tieflings at least concievable.

Malachei
2012-05-23, 10:33 AM
Well, Tieflings can be a good choice for a caster (alter self, polymorph), if LA-Buy-Off is available. Plus, being immune to the [person] spells. Plus getting martial weapon proficiency.

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-23, 10:39 AM
There's the fiendish template, it might work, in a way

Kuulvheysoon
2012-05-23, 12:49 PM
Well, it is akward because Fey'ri, which is the elf tiefling, is far from the human tiefling so i don't know if it has a meaning to do it.

But if you really want a template, I think you can use the base race directly.

It would be an inherited template applicable to Humanoid creatures with a +1LA.

This.

When I DM, Aasimar, Tiefling and all the other planetouched (elemental genasi, choand, zenythri) are +1 LA templates. Make them playable, for the most part.

Kol Korran
2012-05-24, 12:55 AM
i was wondering about a template for my own game. and i sort of mish mashed some myself. you can have a look at them on this page (http://witchlingisles.pbworks.com/w/page/50272934/Templates). i moved from the daylight/ darkness spell into something allowing more variability hopefully.

not sure how balanced it is though. i'm no master of this art.

SowZ
2012-05-24, 01:08 AM
Lesser Tiefling is great because it has no LA. A great swashbuckler race, too.

candycorn
2012-05-24, 01:57 AM
Tieflings in general (esp. lesser tieflings) make for good factotums, as well.