PDA

View Full Version : Help -- got a weird e-mail question!

Bulldog Psion
2012-05-23, 09:33 AM
Here's my question -- explanation to follow, but I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment. Sorry.

Does anyone know of a free e-mail where you can click on a link in an e-mail and download it directly, without a new window appearing in the process?

I need to download something onto a Kindle 3 -- documents that must be e-mailed to me -- and since it won't allow anything to be opened in a new window, I need a way to download it without that.

Thanks very much! Hope someone's got a hint! :smallsmile:

Tyndmyr
2012-05-23, 09:39 AM
Yahoo doesn't open a new window, I don't think.

Telonius
2012-05-23, 09:44 AM
You should be able to just download it to a regular computer. When you have, plug the kindle in using your charging cord. Open My Computer, then open the Kindle device, then copy over the file. Worked perfectly for me when I moved a pdf file onto my Kindle.

grimbold
2012-05-24, 01:22 PM
You should be able to just download it to a regular computer. When you have, plug the kindle in using your charging cord. Open My Computer, then open the Kindle device, then copy over the file. Worked perfectly for me when I moved a pdf file onto my Kindle.

telonius is on point...

Bulldog Psion
2012-05-26, 09:27 AM

Well, that's unfortunately useless when you're trying to get the documents without computer access -- that is, when Kindle is your only Internet connection (as was the case with my wife, who was traveling at the time).

Thanks for the advice, though! :smallsmile:

Anxe
2012-05-27, 10:09 AM
There's a way to email something to your Kindle on your Amazon account. I don't remember how to do it, but you can google it. I'm not sure if you can initiate the transfer from your Kindle at that point or if you have to be on Amazon's site to do it. Still looking into that might get you what you want.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-06-03, 06:30 PM

This worked for me.