PDA

View Full Version : Just as a FYI: Crowdfunding and taxes

fcalife
2012-05-23, 05:40 PM
{Scrubbed}

Forikroder
2012-05-23, 05:58 PM
you should add what the article your linking to is about so people know if they want to check it out

fcalife
2012-05-23, 06:55 PM
Ah, I thought the link would display in full, the article's title is pretty self-explanatory; Basically, there may be income taxes involved in crowdfunding projects like the OOTS books' reprint drive, and those could break Rich's financial status. That was all, thanks again.

Forikroder
2012-05-23, 06:58 PM
Ah, I thought the link would display in full, the article's title is pretty self-explanatory; Basically, there may be income taxes involved in crowdfunding projects like the OOTS books' reprint drive, and those could break Rich's financial status. That was all, thanks again.

only thing i can see of the title is tail tax which doesnt tell me anything about the article except it has something to dow ith tails and tax so makes me think its about pets

Bulldog Psion
2012-05-23, 07:35 PM
only thing i can see of the title is tail tax which doesnt tell me anything about the article except it has something to dow ith tails and tax so makes me think its about pets

However, it isn't. It's about how the Kickstarter might have created a ginormous tax bill and that the government usually considers the "rewards" handed out to be merchandise or services sold.

oppyu
2012-05-23, 07:54 PM
Summary: Rich, get thee to a professional accountant.

Roland St. Jude
2012-05-23, 08:46 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: The Forum Rules prohibiting giving professional advice. That includes giving legal/tax advice.