PDA

View Full Version : Kaijudo- Rise of the Duel Masters..Are you excited or disapointed?(May have Spoilers)

Giegue
2012-05-23, 07:56 PM
I know a lot of people on here play magic the gathering and other such TCGs. However, one TCG and television program I remember fondly from the past was Duel Masters. While the American anime seriously declined in quality as it went on(The Japanese one, however, stayed good), the TCG was AWESOME. I loved that game, and thought it was better then even yugioh, which was the big TCG of the time.(This was before I discovered the joys of MTG) However, Duel Masters never quite caught on in the US like ygo, and as a result Wizards pulled it from America.(But still produced it for Japan....lucky ********)

However, I then found out something awesome....Wizards was going to bring Duel Masters back to the US, complete with a new anime to acompany it....wait, why do the characters look more like something from Chaotic then a Japanese anime? What is this about an anti-bullying message being pushed by the show? WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO BOLSHACK DRAGON? Yeah. That was my reaction after checking out some vids and the website for "Kaijudo, rise of the Duel Masters." which is WOC's re-launch of the Duel Masters franchise in America.

Now, while that was my initial reaction, I do not automatically hate this show and TCG. In fact, despite my initial reaction, I am somewhat curious about this new development and inside hope it will actually be good. In that sense I am somewhat looking forward to it, but have my doubts about how good it will be. Anyway, since this thread is in the media section,I want to keep the discussion about show, not the TCG. We have next to no info about the TCG and if it will be Duel Masters as it was or a new game that borrows from Duel Masters anyway. So, for everybody who has been following the rumors and official info given by wizards in regards to Kaijudo the show, this is the thread to discuss it.

erikun
2012-05-23, 10:24 PM
Ah, Duel Masters. It did appear to be a rather fun game, sort of a "Magic-lite without lands" theme going on. I tried playing it a bit with the GBA games, but building up cards in those games was such a pain. (Pokemon TCG for GBA really spoiled me.) I'm honestly not sure how well the game itself played out - I always had trouble balancing my "mana" well when playing, and there seemed to be only a few good choices of cards if you really wanted to play well.

Perhaps the last bit was only because I paid attention to it during the first year or so, when there were relatively few sets available.

I can't say that I ever paid attention to the show (although I'm sure it exists) so no comments on that front.