PDA

View Full Version : [Request] 4e class...

Cipher Stars
2012-05-24, 01:14 PM
I couldn't find that request a homebrew thread... so:

I know jack-piddles about 4e classes. I use to know it very well, but I ditched it for 3x

I do however know enough to tell that none of these classes have what I want.

I want a spellcasting class geared towards trickery- Transmutations and Illusions, maybe some time-jumbling abilities.

Teleportation like abilities would make up movement tricks.
Transmutations would make up personal tricks, such as appearing like someone else.
Illusions would make up offensive skills for the most part (Some transmutations and teleportation effects could make for offensive powers...)
Time effects for control powers, with some teleportation controls...

It needs to be effective OUT of combat. I fumbled through all these classes and a main theme seems to be that 4e is almost completely combat or skill challenge focused... I want to do things OUT of combat, like with 3.5 it felt much more free and fluid. Meanwhile 4e seems like JRPG or something.

vasharanpaladin
2012-05-25, 01:40 AM
Changeling wizard, best you'll see. Welcome to 4e, where COMBAT IS EVERYTHING. :smallwink:

Cipher Stars
2012-05-25, 07:58 AM
Changeling wizard, best you'll see. Welcome to 4e, where COMBAT IS EVERYTHING. :smallwink:

x_x
I WAS going to stick with just in the players handbook 1, but I guess If I'm turning to home-brew I can look at the other books... Didn't really think about the Changeling though. I played as one before, a long time ago...

*biiiig sigh* I need to become a Wizard's Subscriber so I can just get that character builder :/