PDA

View Full Version : Interested in getting a professional website - Suggestions?

RndmNumGen
2012-05-24, 06:49 PM
Over the past two years I have developed several small game projects, and I would like to get my own website where I can display these as a portfolio of my work. I have experience using Adobe Flash for making .swf files, but have never created an actual web page before. I can do some coding if necessary, but ideally would like something that is quick and easy to set up, but most importantly, looks presentable to potential employers.

I've looked at Google Sites, but ruled them out because of the terrible URLs they give you - I need something clean I can put on a business card. 1&1 was the next place I looked on a recommendation from a friend, and they seemed to have a decent website builder with good monthly rates. I'm still considering them, but the layout of their pages looks more like a blog than a portfolio. Not sure where else to look, I thought I would ask here.

So, does anybody know of a good, cheap web host where I can get a custom domain, email and easy-to-setup web page tools?

Mauve Shirt
2012-05-24, 09:47 PM
Namecheap is better than godaddy for buying a domain name. I use hostmonster. First year was $5 a month, years since has been $8ish a month. I like it because I like the cpanel user interface, very easy to set up subdomains and pages with the scripts you want automated. And it's not bad price wise. There are cheaper, I think.