PDA

View Full Version : Ebberon, The Dragonmech Shards

Chauncymancer
2012-05-24, 11:56 PM
Basically, i want to merge Ebberon with mecha. Because the awesome.
But I have many questions:
Which factions make easy sense with mechs?
How can i use dragonmech for Gurren Lagann style mechs without buying or pirating a different book.
Where can I find some daelkyr stat blocks.
Where can I find more information about the Eldeen Reaches.
What do i do with warforged.
And more!

T.G. Oskar
2012-05-25, 01:00 AM
Basically, i want to merge Ebberon with mecha. Because the awesome.

I heard some friends of mine also made a Eberron/Dragonmech blend, about 20 years in Eberron's future, where the Lunar Dragons razed pretty much everything in Khorvaire and other places. Wish I could have played that.

However, let's go with the questions!:

Which factions make easy sense with mechs?

For obvious reasons, House Cannith. Full stop. Merrix d'Cannith built the Warforged, so it's obvious he might have the thing with mechas.

Other than that, it's debatable. Zil Gnomes might have an interest in Earth-Elemental powered mecha, for example. Karrnath may make use of the undead-powered 'Mechs, the Eldeen Reaches might suddenly use Awaken and Wood Shape to turn ancient trees into Druids (a la Oelian) who just happen to be rideable (and thus, an elite faction of the Wardens of the Wood). Sarlona might do something similar with the psionic Monoliths, but the Monoliths are built for other purpose (permanently making Dal Quor coterminous with Eberron). However, aside from House Cannith and the Zil Gnomes, few other factions might be interested in mecha (considering what happened after the Last War...)

Oh, that's also something to consider: how will you deal with the creation of 'Mechs? Perhaps it's an alternate version of Eberron where the mechas exist because of the Last War, and perhaps the Day of Mourning never happened (thus, you get Cyre as a mecha-powered nation).

Then again, any existing Primordial Giants might have crafted some "battle armor" a la Clockwork Armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a), which may turn into the basis for mechas.

How can i use dragonmech for Gurren Lagann style mechs without buying or pirating a different book.

Difficult. DragonMech inclines a bit towards a mix of Real Robots and Dimensional Space Fortress Macross (the existing DragonMechs are essentially city-wide mechas), so small-scale mechs (which do exist, as Mech Jockeys and Mech Devils show) are the way to go.

I believe there was an attempt here on the Homebrew Design forums to deal with Gunmen in a d20 system, but you'll have to Google it.

Where can I find some daelkyr stat blocks.

EBERRON Campaign Setting, page 278. Odd that you hadn't figured that out...

Where can I find more information about the Eldeen Reaches.

The ECS has a good amount of info, but you can get more in Player's Guide to Eberron, which has its section devoted to it.

What do i do with warforged.

Depends. Warforged Titans might be a precursor to existing mecha, or the "original" blueprint, eventually reduced to a small scale and given sentience. Remember the Last War (see Forge of War supplement) heralded House Cannith's first experiments with warforged (from Steel Krakens and Warforged Titans, to Warforged Chargers, to Warforged Scouts and the eventual vanilla Warforged), so perhaps one side of the House (and most likely Merrith) worked with the Warforged whereas the other side worked by making mechas for large-scale combat.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-25, 02:09 AM
I believe there was an attempt here on the Homebrew Design forums to deal with Gunmen in a d20 system, but you'll have to Google it.

Yep. Thank Krimm for it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5829984#post5829984)

Prime32
2012-05-25, 01:29 PM
How can i use dragonmech for Gurren Lagann style mechs without buying or pirating a different book.I'm not sure exactly what you mean here - Gurren Lagann's mechs don't have much that sets them apart from other Super Robots (tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperRobot), apart from being over-the-top. I'm assuming "powered by the pilot's emotions"; were there any other aspects you were interested in?

A Super Robot pilot would probably be a wilder or psychic warrior, with some ability to channel his powers through the robot.