PDA

View Full Version : L5R - Plot hooks invited

kugelblitz
2012-05-25, 09:19 AM
I have ben running an L5R campaign for about two years now with some very experienced players, good chemistry and whatnot. we have reached the end of a major plot arc (non canon story) and I am scratching my head and trying to give them some time to go off and get their next school ranks, take care of clan business and basically level up to their third rank of ability.

I want a solid hook to get these *disparate people back together after a year or so of in-game time has passed, one that meshes well with the L5R oeuvre. This is a 4th edition game and I have all the supplements. Note that in my game the Clan Wars and Spirit Wars never happened.

*male Hida Bushi
male Mirumoto Swordsman
female Scorpion Actor
male Horiuchi Bushi
male Monk of Osano-Wo (lightly tainted)

The PCs have just finished pursuing some rebel Dragons and their gaijin allies in the northwestern reaches of the Dragon lands. The fight ended with them killing most of the NPCs except the gaijin mage summoned a giant bat-demon which plucked him of of the ground and bore him away to some place unknown. The PCs were making liberal use of various abilities and the Monk managed to bring down part of the mountainside after two successive thunder katas. This revealed some kind of mysterious structure which was undefined at the time but looked old (shocking, I know).

For out of game reasons I need to go on hiatus as a GM and I want a good hook to plant tonight telling them why they need to disperse and go their various ways without just ripping my story threads to ribbons via GM fiat. I have a vague plan but having taken a run at some of the input I have sen here on the forums I thought what the hell, ask for ideas.