PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of Pre-war Khorvaire maps?

Answerer
2012-05-25, 09:28 AM
I've been looking for pre-war maps of Khorvaire, namely with Cyre and without the Mournlands, Valenar, the Eldeen Reaches, and uh... the other one that Aundair lost. Might've been the Shadow Marches?

The only one I've found is this:
http://bp2.blogger.com/_VyT5q9eWHqo/Rzw5_xqBkPI/AAAAAAAAAB0/H3lqGhOXhhk/S220/Five+Nations.jpg
which is much too small.

I don't need it to be official, so long as it's reasonably accurate to what the books describe. I don't particularly care how detailed it is, so long as it shows the pre-war borders of the Five Nations.

Kol Korran
2012-05-25, 11:00 AM
it looks like the map from Forge Of War. the map gallery through the stages of the war (including your map) can be found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20070625a). i hope this is enough.

Answerer
2012-05-25, 11:03 AM
Oh wow, that is excellent. I wish it were a little larger, but that's awesome.

Damn, and I just got finished drawing the borders to how I think the Five Nations looked.

Kol Korran
2012-05-25, 12:38 PM
Oh wow, that is excellent. I wish it were a little larger, but that's awesome.

Damn, and I just got finished drawing the borders to how I think the Five Nations looked.

i think bigger pics may only be had by getting the book itself.

and it's your world, setting or no- have the borders be that way.

long ago i made a campaign in pre war Cyre, before the book got published. i made it on a large board (took me awhile to draw) and put it for the players to use each session. i still have it, though tear and wear got to it a bit. your campaign- your world. good luck with your game! :smallsmile:

Answerer
2012-05-25, 05:39 PM
i think bigger pics may only be had by getting the book itself.
Ironically, I do have it, just haven't looked through it... uh... probably ever. I inherited a lot of books from a friend, and I'm pretty sure I've never looked through this one.

Unfortunately, though the maps are bigger (I hadn't even thought to look), they're not really that useful for my purposes since I need them on a separate piece and I neither am going to tear them out, nor have access to a scanner with high enough quality to get them out, even if the problems of the book's binding weren't an issue.

and it's your world, setting or no- have the borders be that way.
Heh, I'm not overly worried about it, but I do want the borders to match what the books describe. Mostly because I'm lazy: I don't want to start planning a session where the players are heading to some town, only to discover that it was officially a part of another country – which means I've either got to retcon or homebrew what the town is like when it's a part of the country I thought it was.

I can see from the maps that I made Thrane much too small. Otherwise, though, it looks pretty solid.

long ago i made a campaign in pre war Cyre, before the book got published. i made it on a large board (took me awhile to draw) and put it for the players to use each session. i still have it, though tear and wear got to it a bit. your campaign- your world. good luck with your game! :smallsmile:
Heh, that sounds cool, but a bit more ambitious than I. These are players new to Eberron, and I want to emphasize the effects of the Last War and the various nations' animosities towards each other and the new countries by showing them who lost what.