PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Fey Warlock variant?

Unusual Muse
2012-05-25, 12:35 PM
I've seen a number of references on these and other boards to a Warlock variant that is fey-based, but I can't find any legitimate reference to any such ACFs. Does anyone know where such a thing might be found?

gbprime
2012-05-25, 12:43 PM
You mean aside from a Warlock with Fey Heritage Feats? (Killoren race optional.)

Airanath
2012-05-25, 12:44 PM
Chaotic good warlocks are considered fey based. Its either on C arcane on the warlock class itself, or on C Mage. There are no ACFs for it, its just a different source of power to allow for good warlocks.

Feralventas
2012-05-25, 01:38 PM
The different class features based on what you made a deal with are an aspect of 4th edition, but as said above, 3.5's choice of patron was as much a matter of fluff as it is for the Cleric.

The Fey heritage feats are a decent way to show that aspect of your pact; I did that with a Wizard/Warlock/Cleric that owed half his class levels to a fey creature.

Alternatively, you could go for one of the Bloodlines of Pathfinder Sorcerer fame and treat the extra spells known as 1/day SLA's.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/fey-bloodline

This works well enough. Did it with a CE demon-themed warlock who nabbed the Abyssal bloodline.

wayfare
2012-05-25, 06:32 PM
I've seen a number of references on these and other boards to a Warlock variant that is fey-based, but I can't find any legitimate reference to any such ACFs. Does anyone know where such a thing might be found?

I don't know how you feel about homebrew, but MammonAzrael did an amazing re-write that you could just swap out for the base Warlock. I've played it, I've GMed it...its balanced...at least the fey lineage is, and that sounds like what you are looking for.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226021

Red_Dog
2012-05-25, 10:32 PM
I had to make few fey themed Warlocks as per backstory of one NPC faction. I must say, its not a bad way to go due to free DC boosts.

Basically I would go with Few Heritage and Fey power on this one. Other feats are rather terrible. Even the capstones just gives one a day SLAs. They are an OK SLAs but the whole point of a warlock is to spam spam spam.

I would suggest to capitalize on fey power and get some spammable save or suck Invocations. Charm is a great place to start. The only issue is that it competes with such juggernauts as at-will Invisibility, Flight and D-Door. So it is really a tough choice. A very good invocation greater invocations is Devil's Whispers that is suggestion with 2 saves, one to obey it and one to think that it was the targets idea in the first place!^^

Overall, its somewhat of a tough road[tougher than an already tough warlock as class of choice] but it is definitely flavorful ^^.