PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude Weapon Question

gooddragon1
2012-05-25, 02:34 PM
No, I do not want to abuse the ability horribly thank you.

What I want to know is if I took weapon focus with multiple different weapons (say 3) would I get an extra +3 on attack rolls with an aptitude weapon by being able to apply all of them on it?

Urpriest
2012-05-25, 02:45 PM
No. It's the same feat, even if you made different choices each time. The same feat won't stack with itself.

gooddragon1
2012-05-25, 05:13 PM
No. It's the same feat, even if you made different choices each time. The same feat won't stack with itself.

Effect: A wielder who has feats that affect the use of a particular type of weapon, such as Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, or the like, can apply the benefits of those feats to any weapon that has the aptitude quality.

Are you sure?

Elfinor
2012-05-25, 09:18 PM
Even though it's an untyped bonus, the feat's text specifically states that it doesn't stack with itself.

Weapon Focus [General] (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#weaponFocus)

Choose one type of weapon. You can also choose unarmed strike or grapple (or ray, if you are a spellcaster) as your weapon for purposes of this feat.

Prerequisites
Proficiency with selected weapon, base attack bonus +1.

Benefit
You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.

Special
You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

A fighter may select Weapon Focus as one of his fighter bonus feats. He must have Weapon Focus with a weapon to gain the Weapon Specialization feat for that weapon.

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-25, 09:29 PM
Let me tell you, this is probably the one abuse of Aptitude Weapon I'd allow, RAW be damned.

The Dark Fiddler
2012-05-25, 09:46 PM
Even though it's an untyped bonus, the feat's text specifically states that it doesn't stack with itself.

And even without this clause, it still wouldn't stack anyway. Bonuses from the same source, as a general rule, do not stack (like Urpriest said).

Mithril Leaf
2012-05-25, 10:00 PM
One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.

Lateral
2012-05-25, 10:10 PM
One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
...That's gonna make it into his signature, isn't it.

TuggyNE
2012-05-25, 10:34 PM

Oh it had better! :smallcool:

Urpriest
2012-05-26, 11:11 AM

Of course! :smallbiggrin: