PDA

View Full Version : Wulther Co

greenpotato
2012-05-25, 06:19 PM
And with a familiar flash of green light you are teleported...

You now stand with 3 others in a high vaulted stone chamber 40ft to a side. It is lit by a series of glowing glass hemispheres set high into the white marble walls. There is but one door, a large iron affair. After a few moments a humanoid woman in a expensive black business clothes enters through the single door, she takes a few paces into the chamber before saying;
"Welcome" without a trace of meaning.
"If you would all be so kind as to follow me I will take you to your briefing" She sweeps her arm back towards the door.

dantiesilva
2012-05-25, 09:43 PM
Dantie was not surprised when he had felt the feeling of being teleported from his home in the dunes. In fact he was quite curious. "I wonder why it took them so long to call me in. You have any idea?" Dantie said looking to his old friend that he had worked with a few times Jedidiah. He had been in this cold room many of times and had learned after quite a few one of two things was going to happen, one he would be asked to investigate something happening in their facility in the dunes, or to smooth something over with one of the other tribes. Either way it shocked him that there were so many in the group assembled. " It must be the first. Figures" Dantie said to himself as he heard the door open and a woman he did not recognize ask them to follow her. And so Dantie did, silent as he could be he followed this women, like a a fleck of sand making not a sound until the storm was upon you, he now moved like the sands.

1d20+12

dantiesilva
2012-05-25, 09:44 PM
[roll0] Sorry it didnt work the first time

Toliudar
2012-05-25, 11:04 PM
An distinguished woman in a long, flowing cloak takes a moment to recompose herself after the teleportation. She tosses back long ringlets of coppery hair and adjusts the strap on the slender pack that alters the fall of the cloak along her back. She doesn't seem to be armed.

Cricket takes in the other three. She hadn't been aware that there would be other agents. Interesting. And an odd group, at that. A genius dragon hiding behind a mask. A lich - or at least a powerful undead of some kind. And...Celestica Sunstar. Interesting. She'd been hearing about the elf for years, the source of everything from rabid hatred to grudging respect at professional gatherings and college functions. Yet somehow the two of them had never met. And now, here, in the bowels of Wulther headquarters...fascinating.

The musician and impressario nodded an acknowledgment of the woman's request, and acknowledged the two men - the masked dragon-man looked vaguely male, anyway. For Celestica, however, she strode forward and extended a hand firmly.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Cricket Brixton."

GreenPotato, you can assume that Cricket will be monitoring her environment with mindsight unless there's an indication otherwise. If possible, can you let me know if either a) there's a mind above animal intelligence that appears to mindsight but is not visible apparent to her other senses, or b) if the intelligence level or creature type of someone she can see seems dramatically different than how they present themselves (eg the average-intelligence human woman who just came in is actually a super-smart, a construct, or an illusion (and therefore not showing up on Cricket's mind-dar)?

Monodominant
2012-05-26, 03:01 AM
They just did it again. He had told them it wasnt necessary, he would take care of his travelling on his own. And yet here he was again... summoned. Like a minion or some kind of lowly demon... at least this time they hadnt placed the circle of protection... he hated when they did that.

He was dressed as usual in immaculate clothes of the finest fabrics in dark hues but not monochromatic along with tasteful and appropriate jewelery. He also carried the item that kind of ruined the whole image, a large greatsword strapped on his back.

He looked around, the mask as always giving him a clear perception of his surroundings if dulling the color a bit. The usual bland room, the usual typical assortment of mis-matched individuals, a group of... randoms brought together to do the corporations bidding... well just as long as it was interesting.

He turned towards the mummy and gave a polite inclination of his head. This one was interesting indeed, a dry lich protector of the sands and wastes. Quite cool actually.

The other two women he didnt know, they were fairly interesting looking though. The one with the coppery hair did seem familiar though... some kind of adventurer artist...

Knowledge local to recognise the two ladies:
[roll0]

In general, most knowledges I have at 15, Arcana at 25 and the less common at 11... in case things I could know pop up.

He then realised there was also the administrator... in her strict business suit. He had not had luck with that one yet... but eventually he would get to cross her of his list.

"No idea my dear man!" he responds finally to the question of the Lich.

"But such a gathering of luminaries means it has to be an interesting thing... maybe all their digging and drilling woke up a Balor or other and we need to stop him?" he says vaguely towards the administrator woman.

"But in any case, allow me to introduce myself to the others before we go in!" he says and turns to the two women.

"I am Jedidiah Vulpus, detective extraordinaire apparently but I would prefer to style myself as a soldier of fortune minus the soldier part off course!" he says and gives a low bow.

There is a low croak as a raven, black as night, climbs on his shoulder and mutters a few curse words.

"Ah and this is Sisyphys... he used to be a king until I turned him into an owl for mouthing off... and then he kinda became my sidekick... but how can a respectable mage go around with an owl... it doesnt even scare the children so I turned him into a raven and he has been grumpy even since!" he says with mirth.

And as an aside note, every morning after waking up Jedidiah recasts his extended mage armor spell... (meaning he has it even when sleeping)

MikelaC1
2012-05-26, 07:29 AM
CELESTICA

Celestica shakes her head to banish the last of the wooziness after the teleport. You would think after 130 years of teleporting on a moments notice you would get used to such a thing, but you never really did.
The rest of the group sees a very pretty (even by elven standards) female elf, with blonde hair and green eyes. She wears no armour, at least nothing that is visible, however she does have a scimitar belted at her waist, and a short bow slung over her back. However right now, her hands are full with her mandolin, which she still strums as she pops in, obviously having been summoned in the midst of a practice session.
By her reaction, Cricket clearly recognizes her, and while Jedidiah hadnt actually met her either, he had heard of Celestica, a local musician of some reknown, or at least, she might be even more of a star if she werent running off every few months on some crazy adventuring mission instead of honing her craft and posing for the paparazzi.

Cricket? Oh, yes, I know you, Ive heard some really good things about your traveling troupe. Its a pleasure to finally meet you as well. Although and she looks around at the room not in exactly the normal circumstances that two musicians should meet. Perhaps we can exchange notes later, once we see what the head honchos want.

To the rest of the group, she smiles, and introduces herself.
Hello, all, Im Celestica, and it looks like we will be companions, for this mission at least. Lets go see what the corporation has in store for us.

As she moves to follow the woman, she continues to strum idly at her mandolin, humming very quietly, almost to herself.

greenpotato
2012-05-26, 08:49 PM
As the woman leads you down the corridor she tells you her name.
"I am Ms Yula, a lawyer with Black and Black currently liasing with Wulther Co on this matter"
After a short walk down the corridor past a number of other doors she leads you into a small room with a long wooden table and three other occupants.
There is an old elf wearing a white coat and a cheezy grin who introduces himself as proffesor Surja and a serious looking goliath in full plate who introduces himself as Mr Jacks.

"Please, be seated" Ms Yula asks. Once everyone is seated professor Surja begins to speak.
"You have all been brought here because we have lost communications with one of our desert research facilities, K7b. About two hours ago the hard lines to the facility were cut and all cRod transmissions became impossible with the base, naturaly we were worried. Some of the experiments out there can be.. well.. dangerous, so about one hour ago we sent one of Mr Jacks.." The goliath nods"..security teams to investigate, they were supposed to report in upon arrival and return fifteen minutes ago. Something has gone wrong and we would like the four of you to investigate both what happened to the security team and what happened at the facility itself. All three of us.."He indicates himself, Mr Jacks and Ms Yula "..have some involvement in this project and will be coming with you, although I'm afraid Ms Yula and I won't be much help if something untoward happens" He finishes with a forced chuckle but looks visibly worried.

dantiesilva
2012-05-26, 10:50 PM
Dantie laughed at the idea of them letting lose a Balor in the middle of the desert. " Its not like they haven't done something similar to that before. After all they did send you in after me. And if I had to choose between the two I would take the balor any day." Dantie laughed as him and his old friend talked. Dantie payed close attention to his surroundings that way he could see if it was the normal place they brought him for jobs. But when the one woman named Celestica stopped and introduced her self it only brought a grin to his dried up face that was sand beaten and aged. No spell he used seem to restore his previous beauty for long, one of the few downfalls to being undead." Well Celestica if you stop in my way in a fight like you just did to introduce yourself I can guarantee you wont be a companion for long. In normal circumstances I can control my dark energy, but in battle...You do not want to stop in my path. Dantie said as he walked past her, not rudely, but eager to get this over with, he had magic to research and water to find for his village.

As they entered the room and were all told to be seated Danties eyes began to wander over each and every single person, trying to see what they had hidden. But saw no trickery so continued to listen. When he heard though that outsiders had already been sent in Dantie turned to the three and spoke " Why would you send anyone to the dunes unannounced, I understand where you are coming from, but you know how hard it is on my part to keep the others of my kind from tearing the place apart piece by peace. Never mind my Golems that are always on patrol. Why was I not contacted at the least? Dantie asked trying to use his diplomacy the only way he knew how. " What is in this facility? I do not like going in blind, and it can only keep you alive longer if we know the story from the beginning, can you please tell us what you were studying or experimenting with this time?

[roll0] This is a diplomacy check for them to give him some information on what is in the facility

MikelaC1
2012-05-26, 11:13 PM
CELESTICA

Celestica listens carefully to the story being told by the lawyer and professor, not chosing to interrupt anything they had to say. When Dantie says his piece, she speaks up as well, taking a different tack from the lich.

We will glad to help you out in this mission, and dont worry about your personal security. I'll make sure you get back here in one piece.

Monodominant
2012-05-27, 02:56 AM
Jedediah listens to the brief and frowns softly.

"So... we are taking 2 scientists with us that are, of your own admission, not good if anything happens basically... since as you say you lost the communication with them and the security team... but we wont take with us your security expert... yep sound logic right there!" he responds not actually worried but wanting to point out the logical fallacy. "Maybe Mr Jacks though prefers the comfort of wearing a full plate in the comfortable confines on an office than open field work!" he continues just to annoy the goliath a bit.

"In any case, as the good lady said, I at least am in... dont know much things that can stop communication in this day and age for that long and knowing Black and Black and Wulther Co I am sure that you had ample protections to stop anything... simple... so whatever happened must be... Interesting!" he continues, his love for ranting and long speeches becoming apparent.

"But indeed as our dear dead friend here says, it would be great to have more info on what we should expect to find at least! Oh and also we should talk... well you know... about the reward!"

MikelaC1
2012-05-27, 07:55 AM
CELESTICA

Celestica turns to Jedidiah

Im not sure I follow your logic at all. He did say "all three of us" and indicate Mr. Jacks in doing that, so I would assume he is coming with us. Unless there is an invisible person standing beside Jacks and he was pointing at him.

Monodominant
2012-05-27, 05:00 PM
Having revealed he wasnt really paying attention Jedediah shrugs.

"There might just be one!" he says cryptically and leaves it at that.

dantiesilva
2012-05-28, 09:29 AM
" Im happy you are offering to protect them. After all I wouldn't like to throw myself infront of a balor again for someone who can only pay me yet they want to come along risking my chance of being paid. I hope there is extra for use coming back alive. Its hard enough taking care of problems you create without babysitting as well. So thank you Celestica for volunteering it leaves mt golems to do their job and protect me. Dantie said calmly as he looked to cricket, " Well do you have anything to add, quite frankly I'm ready to get this mission underway once we have some information on this place and what we may be up against." He was not sure about the two girls skills but saying they both seemed to be playing instruments he suspected they would not be much.

MikelaC1
2012-05-28, 09:47 AM
CELESTICA

Ive never had a mission where one of my charges didnt make it back alive, so there are no worries with that.

Toliudar
2012-05-28, 10:21 AM
Cricket

Cricket gazes back at Dantie calmly.

"Well, I was rather hoping that Professor Surja would see fit to answer your questions, but if you don't mind, I'll be more specific."

She turns on the professor with a professional smile.

"I am of course intrigued, as the others seem to be as well. But in order to actually have me help you, I'll need a great deal more information."

She whirls on Ms. Yora with a dismissive wave.

"And I'm sure that your firm has some kind of confidentiality form that we could sign. That is what you do, isn't it? So there should be no reason not to tell us what's in there."

She turns back to the professor.

"Since the dead guy here seems to have golems patrolling the entire wasteland, it follows that whatever problem the facility is facing has come from within. It then follows that knowing more about what kind of research you've been doing there, and what kind of security team failed to fix the problem, will be essential to our success. So. Let's run down what research was going on in that facility. Files and reports would be even better. And spare me the mysterious ellipses this time."

Sorry for the delay - the forum seems to have eaten my previous attempt to post.

GreenPotato - how smart is this professor?

Sense motive to get a sense of how much he's holding back: [roll0].
Diplomacy to convince him to cough up the actual data: [roll1]

greenpotato
2012-05-30, 02:29 AM
The professor nods and responds to the common questions "The facility researches two things; extra-planar colonisation and ancient relics I'm afraid that their research was not directly under my supervision so that is all I know. It is entirely possible that either of these two fields could have caused the loss of communication. As to the payment 8,000gp will be awarded to each of you upon safe return here after discovering and removing the source of interference, if we do not solve the issue but all still manage to make it back you will receive half pay" the professor turns to Mr Jacks "Do you have anything to say?" He asks him. The burly goliath nods before saying
"Well, I'll cut right to it. The lads I sent in were good, very good, if they haven't reported back there is a high chance that something seriously bad has gone down and they may even be dead. This is a serious operation and I expect all of you to be on your toes and keep your eyes open. When we get there we will stick together at all times and ensure as priority one the safe return of all of us, the last thing we want is another team to walk into the same ****fight as the rest of us" He nods again to the Professor, apparently he's finished.
"Well, time is an issue here so if everyone is ready to go we will return to the teleport room and leave at once"
With that the the Professor, Ms Yula and Mr Jacks make for the door...

Feel free to ask another question or two on the short walk back.

Monodominant
2012-05-30, 03:32 AM
Jedediah taps his finger on the side of his mask.

"The money is a bit on the low side but if Wulther is worried about something that involves relics and dimensional travel thats bound to make it interesting. How about 8k gold and expenses though? Just to make it a bit more fun for us!" he asks.

"So why is the Black and Black representative here? And why is she coming with us? I understand that you are science personel and hence your expertise may be needed and Mr Jacks wants to check on his lost team and to provide a more... well... muscled support but what about her?" he says before turning to Jacks.

"And could you tell us what the capabilities of the team you sent were? I mean I am sure they were as good as you say but what were their specialties? That might play an important role to this!"

MikelaC1
2012-05-30, 06:26 AM
CELESTICA

As they walk the return path, Celestica addresses the goliath.

Ive never actually met a goliath before, so I hope you'll forgive me curiosity, but I kind of like to learn about things like this. Ive heard that your race tends to be very competitive, if I hit a target once with an arrow, you have to hit it twice, and so on. Are you like that?

dantiesilva
2012-05-30, 07:38 AM
Dantie almost burst out in laughter when he heard how much would be paid to them if the mission was done correctly. " So you are telling us that there is a good possibility that some of us may die, we have to baby sit and best of all we know next to nothing about what we are walking into and we are only getting paid 8k...I'm sorry to tell you but you must sweeten the pot. That does not even cover the costs of my golems, never mind me and you well know it. Dantie said addressing the Wulther Corp representative. " I will take the rest of the payment in water for my people and of course some of the spells we find at this facility. That seems much more fair to me. Dantie said with a smile as they walked down the short corridor not even trying diplomacy this time because everyone knew they were not get paid the right amount.

Toliudar
2012-05-30, 10:21 AM
Cricket does not begin walking with the others but stands her ground. However, her voice somehow continues in everyone else's heads as they continue towards the teleportation area.

"I appreciate the urgency, professor. Which is why I'm glad that we brought these wonderful communications devices along. Once you contact the people in the organization who are in charge of the facility, so that we can get much more detailed information on what they were researching, I'll be pleased to come.

"As I've told others at Wulthar in the past, I'm not going to get mushroom farmed for your convenience. Otherwise, I wish the six of you every success."

Monodominant
2012-06-03, 04:37 PM
Bump... bump in case green potato has missed this.

greenpotato
2012-06-04, 05:07 AM
Jedediah taps his finger on the side of his mask.

"The money is a bit on the low side but if Wulther is worried about something that involves relics and dimensional travel thats bound to make it interesting. How about 8k gold and expenses though? Just to make it a bit more fun for us!" he asks.

"So why is the Black and Black representative here? And why is she coming with us? I understand that you are science personel and hence your expertise may be needed and Mr Jacks wants to check on his lost team and to provide a more... well... muscled support but what about her?" he says before turning to Jacks.

"And could you tell us what the capabilities of the team you sent were? I mean I am sure they were as good as you say but what were their specialties? That might play an important role to this!"
Ms Yula responds: "Black and Black has a significant financial interest in this facility, I'm here to observe and report back to my superiors what happened" she throws the professor a look (Sense motivive plz) "as to the payment, it is sufficient and I'm not at all willing to negotitate any extra" mr jacks answers the second set of questions as you travel down the corridor" the team I sent in consisted of five veteran security specialists; a half giant warmind, a human archer, an elven battle sorcerer, an Orc berserker and a dwarven war priest. They were a very capable group. "

CELESTICA

As they walk the return path, Celestica addresses the goliath.

Ive never actually met a goliath before, so I hope you'll forgive me curiosity, but I kind of like to learn about things like this. Ive heard that your race tends to be very competitive, if I hit a target once with an arrow, you have to hit it twice, and so on. Are you like that?
"Please refrain from racist remarks and stereotyping miss, I would hate to have to report you" the Goliath says with a frown.

Dantie almost burst out in laughter when he heard how much would be paid to them if the mission was done correctly. " So you are telling us that there is a good possibility that some of us may die, we have to baby sit and best of all we know next to nothing about what we are walking into and we are only getting paid 8k...I'm sorry to tell you but you must sweeten the pot. That does not even cover the costs of my golems, never mind me and you well know it. Dantie said addressing the Wulther Corp representative. " I will take the rest of the payment in water for my people and of course some of the spells we find at this facility. That seems much more fair to me. Dantie said with a smile as they walked down the short corridor not even trying diplomacy this time because everyone knew they were not get paid the right amount.
"tell me any other place on earth you can get paid 8000gp for one days work?" the amused professor retorts as you walk off.

Cricket does not begin walking with the others but stands her ground. However, her voice somehow continues in everyone else's heads as they continue towards the teleportation area.

"I appreciate the urgency, professor. Which is why I'm glad that we brought these wonderful communications devices along. Once you contact the people in the organization who are in charge of the facility, so that we can get much more detailed information on what they were researching, I'll be pleased to come.

"As I've told others at Wulthar in the past, I'm not going to get mushroom farmed for your convenience. Otherwise, I wish the six of you every success."
"I'm afraid those who are I charge we're at the facility when we lost contact, if you have questions for them then you will need to come with us"
he indicates the door back into the teleport chamber. As you enter you see a large open portal in the middle of the room. Jacks, the professor and the lawyer all step through. "come on" you hear echo back through

MikelaC1
2012-06-04, 06:31 AM
CELESTICA

With a simple shrug at the whole situation, Celestica says nothing further, and simply steps through the teleportation portal.

dantiesilva
2012-06-04, 07:28 AM
Dantie laughed at there notion they made at him and simply said. " Where else can you find a member of the one of the most powerful groups in the dunes on your side that doesn't want your buildings all destroyed and your people to die of thirst? Or better yet who else do you know who can do what your capable team seems to have failed to do? And with that Dantie followed them into the portal, he had already sent two sand golems this way when he had gotten the summons so he expected that they would be there by the time he got to the other side of the portal. Darek then looked to Mr. Jack as he stepped through the other side of the portal and asked" So when has questions about a people culture become racist? If I'm not mistaken its called trying to learn about new people that way you can understand them better that way everyone can all get along.

Monodominant
2012-06-04, 08:06 AM
Jedediah shrugs at Yulas comment about extra payment and shakes his head at the goliaths explanations.

"So no proper caster. Got it!" he says cheerfully.

As their employers disappear he turns to Celestica who had just been accused of racism and lets out a soft giggle.

"So... big, strong, competitive and extremely touchy! You get to add one more stereotype to your list about Goliaths and between you and me... they are all true!" he says and grins behind the mask.

Lastly he looks back to the other musician.

"Come dear... its... how do you call it... an adventure! We shall brave whatever evils hide in their facility! I shall protect you!" he says with a mock heavy and deep voice.

As the professor, the bodyguard and the lawyer go through the portal he quips.

"You know... I could dispel this portal and have them stay stuck in that place... that would be fun!"

And with that he does a few quick movements with his hands waving a series of arcane patterns and casting the incantation of Dragon Flight and starts lifting of the ground, just a few inches as he finishes

He then proceeds to fly through the portal...

I now have fly 100 feet with average maneuverability for the next 16 hours.

Toliudar
2012-06-04, 10:23 AM
With only a touch of sadness, Cricket also hops on board the railroad and joins the others.

"I understand that those running the facility. I'm clearly talking about their bosses back at Wulther. Look, obviously you're just refusing to answer my question. I'll go along with this, but now you're officially playing by genre rules, which means that you're likely the first to get picked off by the pulsing bit of nastiness that is waiting for us at that facility. I'm just looking out for your best interests, Professor. Don't come crying to me when you end up eviscerated in a dark corridor."

She smiles faintly at the masked man and feigns a swoon.

"Ooh, thank you, sir! I feel much better now."

Straightening, she murmurs a complex combination of tones, and takes on a heavier appearance - her sharp features now positively craggy, and with a distinctly earth-tone cast to her overall appearance. In a moment, this disappears. Shaking her head, she follows Celestica through.

Casting Elemental Body (Earth) and then using her hat of disguise to return to her usual appearance.

greenpotato
2012-06-05, 06:29 AM
Stepping through the portal there is a stark contrast between the quite cool of an air conditioned building and the white dry heat of the open desert. Sand extends to the horizon in all directions and you stand on a small stone plinth.
About 60ft to the east is a small stone hut that has been worn somewhat by the desert winds, a stone door faces you.
You guess that the hut houses the entrance to the underground reserch facility.

The professor squints in the sun and points at the door "Thats the entrance, from here on we take a back seat to you four. If we get separated come back here in two hours and another portal will have opened. Good luck everyone"

Mindsight;

Three monstrous humanoids of below average intelligence can be detected about 80ft directly below the hut

dantiesilva
2012-06-05, 07:04 AM
Once everyone was through the portal Dantie called his golems over that way he was not completely vulnerable saying he saw some of them had already cast spells. " Agreed. Well is everyone ready to go? After all its a long hike down to the bottom floor and I'm sure we are going through every single room in this place. Dantie said with a smile towards the party, it was time for him to have some fun. At that he began to wave his arms back and forth and cast detect undead and detect magic so that he would know if either of the things showed up within his line of sight. Not like the magic mattered his party lit up like a pool in the middle of a desert.

Keep in mind please Fear aura is 60ft out DC 23.

Monodominant
2012-06-05, 07:33 AM
"How quaint" speaks the masked wizard as he looks around.

"Its so... well sandy!" he continues his own personal joke.

"Any protections to this place that you are aware of gentlemen and lady?" he asks turning to all 3 of them. "... I mean something that you had in place to prevent unauthorised entry and the like?"

Toliudar
2012-06-05, 10:25 AM
Cricket squints around in the bright light.

"Interesting. There are three thuggish fellows, directly below that hut, about 80 feet down. I'd suggest not entering just yet."

Cricket smiles, a bit wearily, and pulls out her communications device.

"I'm glad to hear that you're ready to take a back seat to us. Let's start, Professor, with the name of YOUR boss. We can call her - or him - and find out what research was being carried out at this facility."

MikelaC1
2012-06-05, 10:44 AM
CELESTICA

For now, Celestica waits on the others. Hers was a supportive type of magic, very useful when the group was threatened, but not key in setting up. She keeps an eye on the hut while the others do their stuff, waiting to alert them if problems emerge.

greenpotato
2012-06-06, 08:05 PM
"I'm glad to hear that you're ready to take a back seat to us. Let's start, Professor, with the name of YOUR boss. We can call her - or him - and find out what research was being carried out at this facility."

"Good idea, his name is Doctor Gregory Hamilton" the professor replies with a wary eye watching the stone hut.

"Any protections to this place that you are aware of gentlemen and lady?" he asks turning to all 3 of them. "... I mean something that you had in place to prevent unauthorised entry and the like?"

It is Mr Jacks that responds; "Well, the main defence is the fact we are in the middle of an inhospitable desert far from anything of interest. As for defence mechanisms there should be four gaurds posted in the hut at all times and another twelve in a barracks at the bottom of the entrance shaft"

Toliudar
2012-06-06, 08:40 PM
Cricket bows slightly to Professor Surja, and promptly activates the device to call Doctor Gregory Hamilton.

"It's certainly possible that the three people below are some of the guards that Mr. Jacks speaks about. I didn't say that they were necessarily hostile."

dantiesilva
2012-06-06, 11:28 PM
Dantie considers there choices at the moment. They could all sit there and wait, which in most cases he would suggest because time and the heat were never against him for he was both dead, and a creature of the wastes." I see only two options here. One we send someone in, I would recommend myself, or one of my golems because there are not many things that can kill me after all. Our second choice that I see is to sit here and wait unless somehow we can open up communication with them. Dantie said looking to everyone. He was trying to offer what he saw as the best plots of action, but he was not sure everyone else would agree with him.

Toliudar
2012-06-06, 11:43 PM
While waiting for her device to complete the connection, Cricket glances up at Dantie.

"Well, we can also find out if there are any other entrances or exits. We can burrow down through the sand. We can explore remotely through divinations. We can all go down together. We can send a summoned creature down with orders to return and report. There are a lot of things we could do. What do you want to do?"

dantiesilva
2012-06-07, 01:04 AM
Dantie looks to the young woman, if he were still alive he would find her attractive maybe, but like all things beauty also left in time." What I would like is for all of us to get our pay. Thus completing out mission, no causalities, I thought after all that this is a top secret facility, that anything to far down we would not be able to use divination on and thus they are a waste of our time, something we don't have much of. You see though I can create water, I myself do not need it, and quite frankly can't stand being near it, but understand that it gives mortals life in the desert. Dantie then thought about the summoning creature part. " If we summon someone to scout for us then we must choose someone that one of us share a language with, unless you can speak to people in their minds that is."

As far as Dantie knows you have extremely good tremor sense, he does not know you are telepathic. In game was never stated.

As for borrowing through the sand, what happens when we hit rock? The front door is not the best idea, but if there are guards, would it not be best to walk through the entrance? If the place was over run must would try to escape to the surface or barricade themselves deep underground, and hold out against whatever it is down there. Dantie then looks from cricket to the rest of the group. " What does everyone agree is the best course of action?"

greenpotato
2012-06-07, 04:39 AM
The device fails to connect with a lame blurting sound. "Hmm thats the same error we were having before. Whatever is blocking communication is working this close to the facility as well"

Mindsight

Two of the humanoids move a few feet around, busy doing something. The third wanders off until it is out of range

Toliudar
2012-06-07, 04:42 AM
As far as Dantie knows you have extremely good tremor sense, he does not know you are telepathic. In game was never stated.

Except for that time when her voice was in your head. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13312985&postcount=20)

Cricket stares at the dead guy for a moment. She gestures towards her communications device.

"I think that I've been pretty clear as to what I think the best course of action is. I want to know what they were doing in this underground facility before I walk in."

She glances over at Celestica and the masked giggler.

"What do you want to do?"

Just then, her device burbles and she nods at the Professor's explanation.

"That makes perfect sense. So all we should need to do is get well away from this facility and we can get this cleared up. Hey, masked man. Didn't you say something about not needing them to port you around? Why don't you shift us about a hundred miles that way, we'll make this call, and then we can come back."

She turns back to the Professor.

"Or is there some other reason you're not telling us for you continuing to evade this question?"

Monodominant
2012-06-08, 04:47 AM
"I believe you misunderstand m'lady!" responds Jedediah.

"The professor is saying that though the rod works, it does not allow us to make connection with those inside the facility... that or they are dead already and we need a speak with dead spell for that! Or communing with a god or other..." he says calously.

"In any case, time is passing and I am getting bored. Plus its infernally hot here and this does terrible terrible things to my complexion!" he says smiling.

"I suggest we just walk in and meet those creatures. If they are friendly thats great, if not we make them implode and we move on! Golems, divinations and all that is for sure useful but maybe keep them for whatever really caused all this... I mean I doubt this is your first... well... dungeon as the adventurers call them... obviously the guys at the door are not the ones that instigated the massacre... well... I assume there was a massacre but I am known for being wrong from time to time... rarely mind you but still!" he says in his by now droning speech.

And with that, he strides forward towards the building. On the way there he closes his eyes and focuses his powers for a minute and [roll0] small eye like orbs appear all around him.

"Hello boys. So, you know the drill, surround me at a range of 120 feet and return should you see something I would consider dangerous or interesting. And no bumping on the walls this time!"

Casting prying eyes. They have vision up to 120 feet so combined with the range I have them stay at thats 240 feet around me. Going by dangerous as in anything above 10 HD/10 CR [its mentioned in the spell that its what YOU the caster would consider dangerous] and interesting meaning more than a DC 20 knowledge check.

Toliudar
2012-06-08, 11:59 AM
Cricket

Sensing her companions impatience, Cricket simply shrugs and puts away her device.

"All righty, then. After you, big guy."

greenpotato
2012-06-08, 08:09 PM
The hut is a 20 ft cube of stone with no windows and only one door. The door has two rectangular buttons next to it with 'open' carved above one 'close' above another.

dantiesilva
2012-06-08, 10:47 PM
" Well shall we? Dantie says as he hits the open button, after all the big guy said there were no defenses so should be no traps.

Toliudar
2012-06-09, 01:22 AM
Cricket looks around the hut carefully before entering.

"I hope you guys know what you're doing. I'm still here, I'll just be a bit...subtler for a while."

With that, Cricket scrunches her face, and quickly fades from view.

Ordinary invisibility, so for all I know the rest of you have something to see through that.

Monodominant
2012-06-10, 02:33 PM
Does casting Glitterdust on you count? :D

Jedediah smiles at the girl that goes invisible and looks towards the mummy that requests he goes first.

"No objections here my friend! You and your buddies can feel free to move ahead! Just make sure you stay out of the way of the fireballs!" he says jokingly.

With that he floats inside and stays a few centimeters of the elevator floor for safety purposes.

"Onwards!" he exclaims. "Or rather downwards in this case!"

Toliudar
2012-06-10, 05:27 PM
Count as what?

greenpotato
2012-06-10, 07:42 PM
Inside the hut there is no light source, or rather the light source that there was has been put out. The small space contains a desk, six chairs and two doors against the far wall one marked elevator firmly closed and the one labled stairs is slightly ajar.
The elevator doors before you make no response when you push the call button.
With the ceiling at about 20ft Cricket will have enough room to lurk.

Listen checks please.

Toliudar
2012-06-11, 12:25 AM
Cricket has 60' darkvision & low light vision.
Spot: [roll0], Listen: [roll1]

Monodominant
2012-06-11, 04:53 AM
Jedediah also has darkvision 60 and low light...

Listen [roll0]

Jedediah hrumfs annoyed.

"I guess we have to take the stairs then!" he says and sends a few eyes down the staircase ahead of the group, with the same command as before.

dantiesilva
2012-06-11, 07:04 AM
Again darkvision and low light vision Listen check 1d20+12 Spot [roll0] Search [roll1]

Dantie was not surprised the elevator was not working, after all the Crods were not working so it was a good possibility any type of magic like the Crod would not work as well. " Well what do you see Jedediah? How far down are they? Dantie asks as he begins thinking over what spells he should use, and in what order. Slowly he takes of his badge from the URA and looks around the room. " Do not touch me because it would be very unfortunate to have one of you hurt because of this, but it is also the best way to weaken my foes, as well as damage them. Dantie said as he placed one of the golems in front of the stairs and had the other try and pry the elevator door open to see if anything was inside.

Strength check golem [roll2]

greenpotato
2012-06-11, 08:11 AM
With a creaking and groaing of metal the sand golem tries in vain to pry the doors of the elevator apart.

All of you now notice faint traces of blood that had been overlooked by your initial observations, all the specs seem to trace a path to the elevator shaft.

For Cricket
you hear gruff whispering from down the staircase. It is a language you do not know but you do recognize it as perhaps some sort of sylvan? Even if you do not understand what is being said.
The whispered conversation is cut short as one of the sand golems tries in vain to force open the elevator doors and your mind sight indicates the two monstrous humanoids move position and are now a little closer both horizontally and verticly

For Jed
The eye that scouts the staircase discovers that it spirals around the shaft of the elevator as it goes down, it does not notice anything before it reaches the extent of the 50ft leash that you had commanded it to maintain.

Toliudar
2012-06-11, 10:12 AM
Cricket's mental voice seeps into her colleagues' minds.

"Two voices on the stairs, maybe more. Whispering in a language I can't quite make out. Sylvan, maybe?"

She floats over to the blood trail. Is it a drag or a series of drops? Moving to or from the elevator shaft?

Toliudar
2012-06-11, 10:13 AM
Cricket's mental voice seeps into her colleagues' minds.

"Two voices on the stairs, maybe more. Whispering in a language I can't quite make out. Sylvan, maybe?"

She floats over to the blood trail. Is it a drag or a series of drops? Moving to or from the elevator shaft?

dantiesilva
2012-06-11, 11:21 AM
When the sand golem fails to open the elevator Dantie is not sure to be relieved or worried as he now sees the bloodstains that trace a path to the elevator shaft. " Probably the first team sent in." Hoping Cricket had kept the mind link open and would transfer what he had said to the group, his golems vain attempt had caused to much noise already. Criket any idea how far away they are? It may help, if only slightly if a fight is to break lose, I rather make sure that few of us are on that staircase encase it is rigid to blow or something. Shall we go down more now? Dantie asks as he commands the sand golem he had at the elevator to go to the three carry alongs and to protect them. Next Dantie spoke to his familiar " Why don't you go take a look and tell me what you see in the elevator, don't go in to far, but far enough so that you can get an idea.

Dantie has a ghostly visiage as a familiar, and as far as I understand it it is a living creature that is incorpreal and has a fly speed of 10ft. Perfect so it will take a while to get there but it will be able to get in and see what is inside and report back to me all at the same time because it is a familiar.

Toliudar
2012-06-11, 11:49 AM
Drifting out of the way of the face that's just detached from Dantie, Cricket passes on his comments.

"The humanoids have moved up the stairwell a bit, and seem to be waiting to see what comes down. Probably an ambush, but it's also possible that they're just scared. Maybe send a golem down with orders to fight only if attacked?"

Monodominant
2012-06-12, 09:38 AM
Jedediah pauses when he hears Cricket mention Sylvan.

"Ah tell them Spracha, your Krachas!" he says casually.

Seeing though as the girl probably wont actually do that he pauses for a moment realising his eyes are not close enough to see anything and yet some creatures are advancing or rather taking ambush positions.

He turns to the mummy and shakes his head.

"I see no reason to proceed with caution. Its usually low powered guards that stay behind and try to ambush people. Plus there is blood here, the facility is shut down... we can assume whoever it is isnt friendly. Send the golem down with the command to kill them all... I will send a few of my eyes to see what happens..." he says calmly.

He then puts his head through the stair case door and yells in Sylvan.

"Hey! Nature speaking ambushers. You cant hide under the staircase and not be mistaken for Trolls! In any case, we dont want any trouble so we are sending someone down to negotiate! Treat them with respect or then we wont be as nice."

He then turns to look at the rest of the team and gives a thumbs up.

"Its okay, I tricked them!" he says and grins behind his mask.

Toliudar
2012-06-12, 10:57 AM
Cricket has come to realize that she's here with a dead guy and a lunatic. She sends a thumbs-up back to Jedidiah.

greenpotato
2012-06-12, 11:02 AM
Danties familiar floats through the doors to the elevator and finds an empty shaft with darkness swallowing whatever lies below.

A bellowing roar of a voice responds to Jed in Sylvan: "I'm coming up"
(mono roll a listen check)

Mindsight:

one of the two monstrous humanoids move rapidly upwards in a direct line , if the one travelling upwards keeps it's current course and speed it will be directly below the very centre of the room in a matter of seconds. It is currently 30ft from the centre of the room.
While one travels towards you the other moves at an even faster pace directly downwards until it is out of range.

dantiesilva
2012-06-12, 12:18 PM
" Looks like You just pissed someone off. Dantie laughed as the sand golems both took on the stances of battle. All joy seemed to fade away from where Dantie stood, it seemed like everything wrong in the world, with the waste was pressing down, and trying to swallow everything up that Dantie did not protect from its effects.

Anything within 5 ft. of him must succeed on a Will DC 23 or become shaken. Only enemies are effected.

Dantie then draws a circle all the way around the building and waits for everyone to get out of it before he finishes the rune.

Dantie cast circle of death covering a 40ft burst kills anything that enters it. Made it cover the most possible area as posible so that it covers the center of the room and the door way/ Elevator. [roll0] + fear effect automatically enters that area do to DW. Fort DC 25 negates death

My Golems go and borrow into the sand so that way we are not supprised from below, attack anything that becomes close to us, but always stay close to those three." Dantie says pointing to the people who had come along for the ride. Anything breaking the surface of the spell would set it off and then let lose the powers of death. The dunes would be protected as well as his village.

Toliudar
2012-06-12, 02:26 PM
"Maybe it would be better if I did the talking."

Cricket swoops down to snatch some papers off the desk. Seeing what Dantie seems to be preparing, she decides that outside the hut sounds like a much better place to be examining them. She drifts out the front door.

Mentally, she calls down to the one who is rising quickly under the room.

"Look, there's no need for this. Why rush up here and risk killing yourself? Just stop, tell us who you are and what's going on here."

Telepathy should work regardless of what language the creature speaks. Diplomacy: [roll0]

She'll take a cursory look at the paperwork as she goes.

greenpotato
2012-06-12, 08:16 PM
The three you brought with you shuffle outside with varying degrees of worry upon their faces. Mr Jacks draws his sword.

The papers are a sign on sheet for visitors to the facility. Instead of writing names people have signed in with some sort of number sequence probably as a loophole to get out of legal liability.

(please no more actions guys, we're waiting for mono)

Map:

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/Greenyakunan/Map1a.png
G= Mr Jacks
Y= Ms Yula
P= The Proffesor
?=?
red circle is circle of death

Monodominant
2012-06-13, 02:04 AM
Out of curiosity are you using Excel or some kind of map maker Greenpotato? I will soon also need such tools for a game I am running...

Also dantie... isnt a circle of death a bit premature right now? We dont know what we are facing...

And listen check [roll0]

Jedediah looks at the mummy suprised when he starts making a circle of death...

"Isnt that a bit pre-emptive? What if we can interrogate them instead of killing them.... I was only being metaphorical when I said kill them! Well metaphorical in the sense that we could kill some of them!" he explains.

Assuming he has actually heard the Sylvan reply he responds also in Sylvan

"Yea just be careful! We are just a bit trigger happy given all the blood and guts you guys have spilled all over the place... best keep a slight distance where we can hear each other..." he yells.

greenpotato
2012-06-13, 08:52 AM
You hear a roar of anger as Dante finishes casting his spell, but whatever lets out the cry does not die "Treachery!"

Roll initiative everyone,
If I could also get some idea of where everyone is on the map.

Monodominant
2012-06-13, 09:05 AM
Initiative [roll0]

I will be exactly at the purple X part if we are not affected by the circle... (do allies get affected by it?) if we are I will be 3 squares left and up from Mr Jacks (ie looking through the door to the cabin but just outside the circles effect.

"QQ MORE!" calls back in fluent Sylvan Jedediah.

dantiesilva
2012-06-13, 10:09 AM
Does not say so up to DM.

Dantie looks at the wizard he has worked with a few times and is surprised he does not agree with his method. " When they are dead I can have them speak only the truth, as long as they live they can only tell us what they want to tell us. And we got Non combatants with us that if they die we don't get paid. I much rather get paid and worry about a few dead bodies then not get paid because our boss is dead. And with that Dantie turned towards the door ready for battle.

[roll0] Initiative. Saying dantie is undead and thus immune to death effects he is standing right in front of the doorway into the building, that way whatever is coming has to get through him. One golem is on the right side of Ms. Yula, the other is on the upper left hand side of the professor. Both are inside the sand so can not be seen, but can see within 60ft. because thee eyes are popping out.

greenpotato
2012-06-13, 10:26 AM
it does say, at least the one I'm looking at does. 9hd or more and it has no effect upon you http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/circleOfDeath.htm

Toliudar
2012-06-13, 11:14 AM
Cricket hears the roar from below, and quickly responds mentally. Meanwhile, she tucked the papers away and drifted skyward.

"Treachery? What are you talking about? I just told you that coming up would be dangerous, and that you should stop and identify yourself. I'm still saying that. Look, the guys I'm with will kill you if you just barrel in screaming things. So if you DON'T want that, I once again suggest that you stop where you are and TALK TO ME."

Ho-kay. I guess our first opponent is immune to diplomacy? No response to Cricket's mental comment in his mind, then?

Cricket will be about halfway down the left-side column on the map, about 30' in the air.

Initiative: [roll0]

Cricket will ready an action to eldritch blast anything that didn't come here with us if it leaves the hut. Touch attack: [roll1]. Damage: [roll2] untyped.

greenpotato
2012-06-13, 07:44 PM
To the east and south away from Jed a large creature glides out of the ground and occupies those four squares. It looks like a large, powerful Minotaur with unusually large horns that sprout the green buds, leaves and thorns of a rose bush. It carries a large spear that is slick with blood and a simple loincloth covers its groin.

It looks surprised to see Jed in the middle of the room and says in sylvan;

"Hard to keep my distance from you when you are in the middle of the room. Now who are you and what makes you want to kill a stranger? You do not where the uniform of those that dwell here"

BTW cricket, you have no idea that he said treachery so you can't berate him for saying it.

All those with LOS to him may make a sense motive check.

dantiesilva
2012-06-13, 10:53 PM
Dantie watched from the door way not trusting the creature that had burst through the floor, it was defiantly part of the dunes, nor did it belong there. " You better translate Jed otherwise I will kill it if it so much as moves the wrong way. Dantie said as he watched the creature very carefully trying to read it.

[roll0]

Toliudar
2012-06-13, 11:25 PM
So, still no mental response? Cricket has no LoS.

Monodominant
2012-06-14, 12:48 AM
Sense motive [roll0]

Also any appropriate knowledge check to recognise what it is?

Jedediah nods to Dantie before turning to the creature.

"My oh my, what big horns you have. Now would you mind speaking the common tongue? I am versed in most kind of obscure speach from the Pits of the Nine Hells to the Halls of Elysium and also most of the Elemental languages and even dead languages like sylvan... BUT my companions dont speak it and they feel threatened by a large minautor look-alike with bulbs coming out of him AND not speaking their language..." he says in Sylvan.

"So, he asked who we are and that though we are intruding we are not normally the staff of this facility, which I assume he has killed with his friends given by the bloody spear and then why would be so calous to kill someone we dont know yet... which is ironic given they probably didnt sit down and have tea with the guards before slaughtering them. I then told him to speak common or well... I just left it hanging..." he translates to the group loud enough for everyone to here... yelling if needed.

"Dont worry, just translated what you said... may have paraphrased some parts. As for why we want to kill a stranger... well better kill them while they are strangers and not when they become friends or enemies right? I dont think you got to know everyone here before you killed them!"

greenpotato
2012-06-14, 05:48 AM
"I do not speak your toung stranger and we knew the inhabitants of this place well enough before we passed judgement. Who are you two? What is your purpose here?"

A loud buzzing sound erupts from the stairwell.
(but crickets mind sight cannot see anything within range)

Very high DC knowledge nature to identify him.

dantiesilva
2012-06-14, 08:29 AM
Dantie starts slowly getting on edge, though he knows what Jed had just told them it did not sit well with him.

Knowledge nature [roll0] yeah thats going to suck but jack of all trades master of none

When the buzzing starts Dantie has had enough, they gave the creature enough warning in his eyes, and now it was time to die. A loud buzzing sound had just started up and his eyes that were keyed in to see all forms of magic in 60ft. saw nothing but what he had made and his partners had carried with them. " Death to those who do not belong in the dunes, and with that he activated the circle of death, the creature would give him answers when he so choose them. He would not allow it to get more companions and thus outnumber them.

Monodominant
2012-06-14, 09:07 AM
Jedediah focuses on the creature before him until he hears the buzzing.

He lifts an eyebrow behind the mask but ignores it for now.

Heh I kind of -on purpose- didnt take Knowledge Nature... so no roll for me.

"Me and this person here are investigating what happened to this facility. Also I hadnt gotten the memo that minotaurs are now judges... so I am Jedediah and this is Dantie... and he is really pissed at you and I believe this noise that sounds like bees partying are frustrating him and he might do something rash... but in any case would you mind telling us who you are and what you are doing here? I am led to believe this is private property kind off..."

He withholds the information about Cricket and the others, who knew maybe this wild creature or his swarmy buzzing friends could neutralise both him and the mummy and keeping the identity of the others secret might be good...

He also turns and translates to others what the creature just said.

greenpotato
2012-06-15, 06:40 PM
When danties spell goes off there appears to be no effect on the beast. It lets out a roar and it's spears head bursts into green light as he delivers a viscous two handed thrust at Dantie in retaliation.
"I am Rosehorn, the Wrath of Ulm and you will die here defiler!"
With that the buzzing sound get overwhelming and a huge cloud of black insects numbering in the tens of thousands swarms out from the staircase and envelopes Jed, biting and stinging him.

I cant access Jed's sheet for some reason :smallconfused:
Dantie takes 48 damage.
Jed also takes 37 swarm damage(magic). And the distraction DC is 15 if he wants to stay there.

Anyone with knowledge religion or history can roll a knowledge check.
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/Greenyakunan/Map1b.png

dantiesilva
2012-06-15, 10:00 PM
Hp 117 Knowledge religion [roll0]

Dantie was surprised when the circle did nothing against the beast and decided to switch to a different tactic. " Well Meet the wrath of the deserts flames!" Dantie screams out as he lets lose a burst of negative energy corrupting and killing many things in its path.

[roll1]Damage to everything within 10ft. Meaning the bugs should be dead...hopefully my roles work out. And because the monster is within 60 ft of me he must succeed on a DC 24 Will save or be shaken for [roll2] rounds and i got good roles.

Toliudar
2012-06-15, 10:51 PM
Cricket drifts outside of the hut. She sees a green-tinted spear dart out and smack into Dantie. She sends mentally to all of her colleagues.

"I see that negotiations seem to have stalled."

Drifting into view of the doorway, she catches sight of the woodish minotaur.

"Ah. Fascinating."

She raises a hand to the minotaur and sends a thin beam towards its chest.

Sense Motive: [roll0] on the horned figure.

Move 35' SE. Eldritch blast: Touch attack: [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]

Monodominant
2012-07-02, 09:40 AM
Knowledge History: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion: [roll1]

And one question. Does the Swarm appear to be magical/created or an actual swarm?

"Now now... This is TERRIBLY rude my friend! Attacking us like this just because my friend here tried to kill you! Very very unfriendly. I shall have to take measures" speaks Jedediah in Sylvan with an annoyingly calm manner as the little insects buzz and sting him.

To his companions he translates, adding his own meaning as well.

"He is some kind of nature creature called Rosebud or something and he just called us Defilers... probably has to do with our mummy friend here going all necromancy on him and his pet insects. In any case, I am about to make him a steaming pile of goo so it should all be okay!" he says and with that he throws a pinch of salt in the air transforming it into a deadly green ray.

That done he takes a 5 foot step back, exiting the swarm.

I dont really need a concentration check to stay in here (as in its DC 15 and I have +25) so here goes a disintergrate spell at him.

Ranged touch attack
[roll2] - in case of crit confirm [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] - if crit x 2
Fortitude save 27 (if saved target suffers [roll5] damage.
In case it has Spell Resistance my result for penetration (auto take 10) is 29.

greenpotato
2012-07-04, 04:26 AM
With Danties burst and Crickets blast weaking Rosebud Jedds ray finished him off.
Rosebud lets out a breif gurgle before vanishing into nothingness, a moment later the huge cloud of insects also disappears. It's a strange sensation to have the overwhelming wall of noise that was the swarm suddenly vanish to be replaced by the empty sound of the desert.

The knowledge checks reveal nothing.

Mindsight detects nothing (bar the rest of the party and the three Wulther Co guys outside)

Monodominant
2012-07-04, 06:39 AM
"Well that was fun wasnt it?" says Jedediah dusting off dead bugs from his clothes.

"Unfortunately we cant really hope to interrogate him now but at least the whole place is much safer!" he continues walking over to the spear the creature had and casting detect magic on it.

Toliudar
2012-07-04, 10:11 AM
Cricket focuses on the flickering flames of thought, and drifts back down towards the doorway.

"Wulther really knows how to win friends and influence people. The other two seem to have moved away, out of my range. Dantie, you said that you were some kind of defender of these lands. Do you have any idea what that thing was?"

dantiesilva
2012-07-04, 10:44 AM
"No it is not native to these parts as far as I can tell." Dantie said as he looked at the area he once stood. " He seemed to be something from a forest or some place full of life, the fact that it survived in this environment is enough to make me right it down and ask the elders later on though. He said as he then went over to Jedediah and called on his divine magic speaking words of praise and thanks to the sand around them until he lifted some up into his hand and blew it onto the man in front of him.

Dantie casts the spell Cure series wounds for [roll0]

" Do you feel better now? Dantie asked as he looked everyone else over. Seeing no I'll done he called to his golems " You can bring the others in now." And with that he waited to see what everyone had to say. But he made sure he placed himself directily in front of the door that way anything within 60ft. that was not friendly would not be able to come near, even if they did, Criket would know hopefully from her own powers.

Toliudar
2012-07-04, 10:54 AM
Cricket arches an eyebrow at Dantie's words.

"Fair enough. It certainly seemed to have a proprietary interest in the place. Perhaps there's some kind of oasis around here."

She too waves the professor, lawyer and bodyguard forward.

"Come on. Giving the whatever-those-are below more time to get ready for our arrival isn't going to make us any safer."

greenpotato
2012-07-04, 06:32 PM
The three Wulther Co representatives shuffle into the room.
"Well, it's good to see we got the right people for the job" the professor says with a forced laugh.
"A shame we didn't learn any more from him, what's the plan now?" Asks the lawyer, Ms Yula
Mr jacks has a cursory glance at the spear but says nothing

Jedds detect magic detects nothing on the spear. It's simply a large sized wooden spear with no magic auras

Toliudar
2012-07-04, 10:22 PM
Cricket drifts into the room and over to the top of the stairs, her feet trailing a foot off the ground.

"Now? Now, Dantie retrieves his friend the death-mask and we all traipse down the stairs, so that we can try to actually talk with the other two - or more - of these people who are waiting down there. Clearly pissed because of something that this company has been doing here. Are you SURE you have no information about any of this. This would absolutely be the right time to share."

The musician smiles, but not in a friendly way.

Diplomacy: [roll0]. Sense Motive: [roll1]

Monodominant
2012-07-05, 06:37 AM
Jedediah thanks Dantie first for his curative abilities. Most of the damage he had suffered was superficial, taking away the additional vitality that he himself had every day in his disposal as part of the many gifts he received from the God.

"I agree. I am sorry we had to slay this creature but interrogation with only one common language would prove sooo tedious... better if we can somehow manage to capture someone more willing to talk and less fanatical..." he says.

"The way I see it though it seems that indeed this nature creature considering Dantie an abomination. Not because he is un-natural for the wastes but possibly because of his undead nature or maybe because he used necromancy which I guess in many tree-hugger cultures is seen as a defiling power... I myself did no such thing... I merely transmuted his atoms from a coherent structure to a pile of dust... but I keep rumbling I guess!" he says and smiles behind the mask before turning to the Wulther people.

"The lady is right... if nature thinks this place is doing something naughty I keep doubting you have no idea what it is!" he says reinforcing the question she asked.

dantiesilva
2012-07-05, 07:01 AM
: I have personally come by here many times, never have I gone inside though. Have I been mistaken and lied to? Dantie says to the three from Wulther Corp. As he says this he sends one golem to shut the door behind them and the other halfway down the stairwell to give an early warning system as well as making us have a chance to get down before something comes up. " I sent the golem down to see if their were any traps in place on the stairwell. Saying we saw a creature like that it will be quite interesting to see what the good doctors have been up to. Shall we continue? Dantie asks as he and his familiar once again become one. Then as an after thought to what Jed had said he throws in " In this place I am more natural then them tree hugging mutant green things. Everything green dies in a desert as long as you take away its water supply. Speaking of which I'm sure we can assume everyone friendly is dead, thus no need to have any water around here. Shall I destroy any oasis now to make sure they can not keep on running away and healing. Hunger does many things after all.

Toliudar
2012-07-05, 11:53 AM
Cricket is clearly startled by Dantie's last comment.

"Why would you assume that everyone here is already dead? We've already experienced the communications difficulties that this place is experiencing. We still have every reason to hope that there are dozens -hundreds? - of cheerful Wulther employees, cut off from surface access by rampaging flower-cow-men. And, certainly, I'm guessing that our employers would like to use this facility again one day. Possibly tomorrow. So no, please don't go around destroying whatever precious water sources we find."

dantiesilva
2012-07-05, 12:45 PM
" I say this because if his team was as prepared as he said they are, it would mean that thing we just faced killed them. Dantie said as if it were an obvious reason. " And for some reason I do not think this will be a one day job if this has multiple levels. which the elevator and stairs imply. Speaking of which golem do you see any doors yet down there? Dantie asks as he speaks mentally with his symbiot and it to goes down the stair well, but it goes to the very bottom to report if it sees anything.

greenpotato
2012-07-05, 06:02 PM
"I assure you I know nothing!" The professor says, clearly getting distressed at the hostile turn of the questioning
"We keep knowledge of what goes on these facilities to a very small group to maintain deniability. In an age of mind reading and compulsion spells someone may not choose to share the secrets that they hold, the safest way to defend against this is not to know anything" The lawyer says "None of us here know what goes on in this facility, otherwise it probably wouldn't remain a secret long. Wulther Co does have competitors you know and corporate spys have been known to use methods like mind reading in the past"

Your sense motive check tells you that they are both telling the truth

Sand golems cannot speak so Dantie has no idea what happened when it reached the bottom of the stairs

The Symbiot that levitates down the stairwell finds that it spirals around the elevator shaft for 80ft of descent, at the bottom it opens into a wide hallway, it's pitch black and the hallway stretches past the extent of darkvision in both directions.

Monodominant
2012-07-06, 05:01 AM
"Well that settles it then! Our Wulther Co friends and employers are in no condition to provide help in this case... by the way Doctor... what is your field of expertise?" asks Jedediah and winks to Cricket.

Is there a way for -us- to tell you something via telepathy Cricket or it only works if YOU initiate it?

"But in any case lets press on! If this creature is the best they got I think we should have this facility cleansed and purified in no time at all!" he says and strides towards the staircase after getting the answer from the man.

Toliudar
2012-07-06, 09:48 AM
In this situation, Cricket will be monitoring the 'public' areas of all five of other minds present. Well, all six, I think, since the ghost mask has it's own mind. If you think something at her, she'll pick it up.

Cricket nods at the lawyer's words, and sends mentally to Dantie and Jedediah.

"The only reason to desire deniability is if you want to be able to distance yourself from the think you're denying. Witness the fact that there is nothing here identifying this as a Wulther facility. So, either this was an illegal operation, or this could in fact be a competitor's facility that we are helping break into. I'm not saying we stop. Just thinking out loud. Sorry. Old joke."

She waits to hear the answer to Jedediah's question to the professor, then adds mentally to all five of the others.

"So...First one to the bottom wins?"

Cricket's form, hovering at the top of the stairs, abruptly vanishes.

Flee the Scene to get near the bottom of the stairs, then flying down to the bottom of the tunnel, staying about equidistant between floor and ceiling. Scanning ahead with mindsight as she goes.

dantiesilva
2012-07-06, 10:44 AM
As Dantie hears Crikets voice in his head he listens. Once she is done speaking he reply's " Of it being their facility I have no doubt. But what they have inside is another matter. Meaning once they do not need us anymore be on your guard they may try to eliminate us. Tieing up all lose ends. Dantie says as he begins climbing down the stairs, in no rush to get to the bottom. After all he already had two sets of eyes down their so if their was anything he would know. But when criket said first one to the bottom wins Dantie laughed and said then "I guess I win. I have been down their for a while now. Or at least a part of me has been. Dantie said indicating his familiar that was already at the bottom. When he got to his golem he crawled up on top of it and told it to walk down the rest of the way till it was at the bottom of the stairs. Once done he began setting up a parameter. Sending his golem 60ft to the left, his familiar 60ft to the right, and himself moving forward only slightly to have a better view. Before casting a spell that made small dancing lights appear. One 30ft infront of him, another where his golem now stood, and the last where his familiar was so that everyone could see fairly well.

I cast the spell Dancing lights. And if the room is not that big the golem goes to the edge as well as the familiar.

Ghostly visage covers 30ft. area with a fear like aura DC being 13

My fear aura is 5ft. radius Will DC 23

Aura of despair 60ft radius will save DC24 or shaken for 1d4 rounds

greenpotato
2012-07-07, 08:39 AM
"My field of specialization is applied sub-macro lithomantic transmutation mechanics, but I oversee a number of other projects that are not my speciality" He says as the three follow the rest of you down the stairs.

The hallway stretches 60ft either side of the door you exsited, just to your left is the elevator door and another door left again of that that is marked 'stairs'
At either end of the hallway are large double doors and there are three smaller doors on the wall across from the elevator and stairs.

Mindsight detects three monsterous humanoids 60ft to the left and 20ft down as well as one humanoid right at the extent of crickets range horizontally to the right.

I better go draw a map....

Monodominant
2012-07-09, 07:21 AM
Yea map would be useful especially given the presence of enemies outside our 'actual' vision.

Jedediah tries to puzzle out what the professor just said he does.

What relevant knowledge to understand what did he actually say he does?

"I dont particularly mind if its their competitor or if we are some kind of black ops team. I do think they dont plan to have us do all this and then kill us mostly because I believe they know enough of our profiles to know they cant really kill us... I mean sure their chief of security seems forbidable but I am near invincible and I guess the two of you are pretty good too!" he thinks to Cricket and adds a mental smile to this.

"In any case, its obvious that Wulther is doing something that upsets the hippy flower people. As Dantie says these hippy green things dont belong to the desert... which makes sense... but they are definetly nature people as they speak Sylvan which is a language I learned from a dryad after sleeping with her just so I could talk to what she said was my son!" he continues.

"So, be on your toes... or in the case of mine and Cricket, on your flying with attention mode, we have to contend not only with these nature lovers but also with whatever Wulther was making in a top secret facility!"

The above is not voice but thought directed at Cricket and Dantie.

"By the way, can any of you read minds?" he asks casually turning to the 3 Wulther Co comrades of theirs just realising that all this 'secret discussion' could also be monitored.

Toliudar
2012-07-09, 11:37 AM
Cricket

Having dealt with ********s in the music business for decades, Cricket knew a "screw you" answer when she heard one, and the professor clearly didn't want to discuss his own work. As an old friend of hers* had said, if you can't explain what you do to an intelligent ten year old, you don't understand what you do.

She sends a mental reply back to Jedediah and Dantie.

"Indeed, if their intent is to kill us at the conclusion of this, then these three have a lot more power at their fingertips than they're letting on. But 'invincible'? Dragon-man, you got balls the size of your head, the way you keep tempting fate that way. Like I said before, if you're going to talk like that, you're going first."

*This is actually a Kurt Vonnegut quotation. Steal from the best!

dantiesilva
2012-07-09, 01:42 PM
Dantie seemed to laugh at the two bickering. " Trust me I went against the guy once. He killed me once. To bad for him I wasn't dead." He sent through the mental link. " But I agree with you on one point, they either know how to hide their power well or it will be when we leave this place." Dantie then looked to the three from the company. " So where should we go next? I personally like to make sure my back is covered before moving forward but it is up to everyone."

Toliudar
2012-07-09, 01:59 PM
Cricket nods.

"Well, if you want to cover our backs, why don't you park one of your sand dunes down one passage, and we'll head the other way? Short of building a wall, I don't see any other way to cover your back right away. What did you have in mind?"

Monodominant
2012-07-09, 04:57 PM
"I can actually build a wall if you would like that..." muses Jedediah...

Toliudar
2012-07-09, 05:05 PM
"No, that's okay."

She switches to her mental voice.

"But if you don't mind leading the way, Mister Invincible, that'd be great."

Cricket winks at the masked mage, and turns invisible.

greenpotato
2012-07-09, 06:24 PM
"By the way, can any of you read minds?"

"That would be rude" Ms Yula responds with a blank expression

"What relevant knowledge to understand what did he actually say he does?"

Knowledge Arcana DC 30
[Spoiler]
Using transmutation magic to alter the properties, composition and shape of natural earth and stone on a truly huge scale.
It's primary applications are in mining and construction.

Monodominant
2012-07-10, 02:35 AM
"Only if one of the sandbags will accompany me!" says Jedediah with hurt pride as he motions towards one of the two golems.

Assuming that is indeed done he walks ahead proudly and without fear... or rather floats ahead given his flying spell still operates...

I cast false life on myself... also I wanted to cast 1 more defensive spell but Myth Weavers wont open at all for me...

Also knowledge arcana for what I asked Green(doing straight roll cause I cant recall my modifier, will add it when Myth Weavers is back up... but I think its either +20 or +25)

[roll0]

dantiesilva
2012-07-10, 09:25 AM
Dantie looks to his other golem and says calmly." Accompany him and listen to nay order he gives you unless I tell you otherwise." And so the golem went to stand in front of Jed. Then he turns to Criket and says with a smile " I was thinking of something much more simple. Locking the elevator so that nothing can come up without us allowing it, as well as locking the door to the stairs until this level is clear.

Dantie is talking about using the spell arcane lock.

Darek pays little attention to the three who are paying him because he already knew the only one who might would be the solider and because of the lawyer being here he wouldn't try it. After all she worked for him just as much as for them. But they did not need to know that he always put 5% of his earnings into them so on the rare occasion he needed them they would always have a spot for him. As this was going on his familiar went back to him and flew over his face covering it with a horrific sight. So he pulled his hood down low waiting for the right time to use it. And so he took the next position behind Jed atop his sand golem, hoping the three would follow up behind him so that Criket would go unnoticed flying behind them.

Toliudar
2012-07-10, 10:21 AM
"That would be rude" Ms Yula responds with a blank expression

Cricket gives a lopsided smile, seen or not.

"Clearly, I need to find me a better class of lawyer. Do you do entertainment law?"

Turning, the musician follows about 20' behind Jedidiah. She sends mentally to Dantie and Jedediah.

"I'd suggest we head left first. About sixty feet ahead and down some, I'm picking up three minds that taste about the same as Flower-Cow. If we don't incinerate them right away, we actually have a chance to find out what their beef is. If you'll pardon the pun."

Monodominant, do you want to go left, right, or into one of the three side doors? Also, I think Myth Weavers is back up.

Monodominant
2012-07-10, 12:52 PM
I would love to have a map before deciding but I guess I agree with your call for the IC reason of having present enemies there...

Also thanks for the heads up!

Also the spell I am casting is Shield (effective current AC is 30) and False Life [roll0] temp HP.

"Onwards then!" cries Jedediah with fake excitement and follows Crickets advice concerning which path to follow...

greenpotato
2012-07-13, 09:06 PM
Through the door at down the hallway in the direction of the monsters you find a large open chamber. By the shadowy illumination you can make out a number of rows of simple wooden tables with bench seats. Against the far wall is some sort of opening through to another room with a door next to it. The tables are strewn with cups and plates, some with half finished meals. Here and there are spots of blood and Cricket steps on a human tooth as she enters the room.

The three MHumanoid minds are now 30ft almost directly below you

Toliudar
2012-07-13, 10:21 PM
Cricket sends mentally to all five companions.

"Three more sort-of-people, about thirty feet straight down. I'm going to try to initiate contact. Head's up, but please don't just blast away if something comes to the surface."

Carefully, she draws a small yellow fish out of an inside pocket and slides it into her left ear with a grimace. Completing a brief incantatation, she reaches out telepathically towards the three minds below.

"Hello. We are not here to kill, but simply to find out what is going on. A proud warrior minotaur rushed at us without stopping to talk, and we were forced to kill him. We don't want to do the same with you. You don't even have to show yourselves if you don't want to. My name is Cricket. If you are willing to talk, all you have to do is think words to me, and I will hear.

"Now, can you tell us why you are here, and why you are angry?"

Just a reminder that Cricket is invisible and flying, so no tooth-stepping, but there could easily be tooth-noticing.

She's casting Tongues, and sending telepathically to the three creatures below. Diplomacy: [roll0]

Statblock:
Cricket Brixton (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400681)
Female Chaotic Neutral/Good Human (Draconic Template) Bard 5/Mindbender 1/Lyric Thaumaturge 4/Sublime Chord 5 | Draconic Creature 1/Warlock 14, Level 15, Init +2, HP 100/85, DR 3/Cold Iron, Speed 35'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, Fort +15, Ref +15, Will +17, Base Attack Bonus 11/6/1
Eldritch Blast (--) +13 (9d6, x2)
Normally stored in pack Spiked chain (not proficient) +8/+3/-2 (2d4+1, )
Crystal of Alacrity (3,500) +1 Blueshine Soulfire Mithril Chain Shirt, Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection (2,500) +1 Darkwood Buckler (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect, -1 Misc)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 18, Wis 15, Cha 29

dantiesilva
2012-07-13, 11:58 PM
Dantie waits patiently to hear if this time contact will be ok. Just In case though he asks the three to stand outside the door and places a golem in front of them, this way if anything charges it has to get through the golem he had just been riding on. Next he sits and waits, hoping it does not resolve in a fight again.

greenpotato
2012-07-15, 07:02 PM
Two of the three minds quickly move straight down until they are out of your mindsight range. The only response you receive from the remaining mind is "Where are you?"

Can you please roll a bluff instead of that diplomacy.

Toliudar
2012-07-15, 10:33 PM
Fascinating that they'd know were to go, or what to do to avoid me.

And I'll give you a bluff check, but she wasn't trying to fake them out or convince them of anything that wasn't true. She was trying to open up conversation and find out what's going on here. [roll0]. So this time I'm giving you more text, and really am trying to be both diplomatic in the common usage, and Diplomatic in the skill sense.

Cricket quickly mentally reports to her colleagues.

"Two of the presences have fled downward. The third has asked where we are."

She immediately responds to the remaining voice.

"Where we are is probably less important than who we are, and why all of us are here. It's probably safest for all of us if we don't speak face to face, although I'm certainly open to doing so once we've achieved an understanding. We're here to investigate a disturbance here, a disturbance which you may or may not have caused, but the people who have brought us here have told us nothing about what they were doing at this facility. If you can tell us why you are here, and why so enraged your colleague, I would be very open to giving you a full and free hearing. If the Wulther folk were engaged in something especially stupid and or dangerous, I would be significantly less interested in helping them resume such things, right? So...what's up?"

Diplomacy: [roll1]

greenpotato
2012-07-15, 11:01 PM
"I find it difficult to trust a voice in my head that is bragging about killing one of my life long friends but ok, i'll go along.
We are here because we believe that the creatures here released a disease into another dimension. We do not know if their intent was genocide or weather it was an accident but someone must pay for the atrocity unleashed"

Monodominant
2012-07-16, 02:25 AM
Jedediah humms calmly as Cricket is negotiating with the terrorists but as he cant stay long without doing something he approaches the lawyer.

"So... Black and Black eh? Have you been with the firm long?" he says with a blank voice.

dantiesilva
2012-07-16, 06:47 AM
As Dantiehears the news he turns and asks Criket. "Would they feel comfortable if we sent down a representative?" Dantie asked referring to the golems. " They may not be able to talk, but you could use one to let them see a body to speak with at least so they are not on edge. Dantie said worried about what the other two leaving would mean. After all only one left last time and two locust swarms had come and there were three people waiting for them. What would it be this time.

Toliudar
2012-07-16, 02:29 PM
Again, Cricket quickly summarizes the exchange mentally for Dantie and Jedediah, then responds to the voice.

"I'm very sorry for your loss. I wasn't bragging about the loss of your friend, but pointing out that rushing headlong towards killing us might not be your best choice to get something accomplished. I appreciate the show of good faith.

"I'm also sorry to hear about the disease that was released. I will do my best to find out who here is responsible for this. Can you tell me anything about the disease? Have you located the point of origin here? And into what dimension was it released? While I wouldn't put it past these people to have done this deliberately, it's also always possible that the breach was accidental, or an unforeseen side effect of other work. I suspect I don't need to tell you that something that is harmless in one environment may be very hazardous in another."

She returns to speaking mentally with Jed and Dantie.

"I've just asked this voice for more information about the disease, and the breach. I suggest that our first step, once we know what actually happened, will be to try to check in with the Wulther higher-ups to try to find out what actually was going on here. It's possible that this is all some kind of cataclysmic mistake, but I don't really fancy being the clean-up team for a corporate invasion of another plane of existence. One teleport with Jedediah should get us far enough from this place that the professor can call up the chain of command. What do you two think?"

Monodominant
2012-07-17, 07:33 AM
Jedediah becomes more serious for a moment when Cricket explains the situation. He turns to look at his employers and shakes his head. Fools...

He then responds to Cricket.

"Well. I personally dont mind conducting war in this or another dimension. There are lots of those you know and most are like utterly horrible... tentacled monsters all around and not the good kind! Others are okay I guess and offer some interesting vistas. It could indeed be an accident but given the expansion of Wulther and the techno-magical revolution perhaps they are simply considering expanding into other places as well... on the other hand..." he pauses to think this through.

"The first lesson I learned from my mentor was that 'communication disruption can mean one thing... invasion'... and these creatures came here and slaughtered everyone. So who is to say this isnt all some ploy of theirs to turn us against Wulther who might be our only hope? I mean sure, Wulther is a bit power mad and all but so far our world has benefitted from them... I have done things for them some may consider unethical but always that leads to progress and improvements... hence even if they did make a horrible mistake their goal would have been to improve something for which we dont know enough yet...

In any case, sorry for the rant but I am against taking the word of the cow people over Wulther and to challenge Wulther just because they told us so... Still if after your chat you are convinced they are telling the truth I have no objection to 'porting away and doing as you ask..."

dantiesilva
2012-07-17, 09:04 AM
Darek thought for a moment, he had heard of travel between planes before, but was surprised that these creatures seemed to be able to do it. " I agree with Jed for the most part. I would rather go to their world. If there really is a diseases I can find it and eliminate it. If their isn't and its an attack, I will make there whole world a desert like this very one they have invaded." Darek was not found of being taken for a fool, and did not know enough about these creatures to say who was right or wrong.

Toliudar
2012-07-17, 10:11 AM
Cricket acts as a mental switchboard for the two men's thoughts, and then tries to synthesize her own.

"Okay, to recap. Jedediah would like to try to get some evidence that this isn't just a first strike in the other dimension's own invasion force - a good point - and is willing to go teleport away with the Professor and me to get the actual history on this facility. Dantie agrees, and would like to go to the other dimension, either to cure the plague or to make their world a desert. That seems a bit ambitious to me, but what the hell. Sounds good.

"So, we get more of the story from our unseen voice below - like, say, what dimension they're coming from - and then perhaps we back off to get more information from Wulther. Then we can figure out whether the butts that need kicking are wooden or corporate - or both, or neither."

She settles in to wait for a response from the invading voice below.

greenpotato
2012-07-17, 06:09 PM
"The disease was unknown to us, it's symptoms were foul smelling swellings in the armpits and groin coupled with intense fever and bleeding from the nose and mouth culminating in death. People from 'Wulther' came to our dimension which is known as Guttul and introduced themselves to our village and declared their peaceful intentions, but a week later the disease appeared. The visitors tried to deny it but we would not palate their treachery so we killed them. The disease spread and with no way to treat it it wiped out thousands of our kind. Our great chieftain then declared that we must seek vengeance and he sent a warparty back through the portal that the 'Wulther's came through. That portal led us here and we began to deliver justice"

Knowledge planes check may help here.

Toliudar
2012-07-17, 06:30 PM
Knowledge (the planes): [roll0]
Bardic Lore: [roll1]

Again, Cricket conveys the gist of this information to her two colleagues.

"My deepest condolences on your loss. No one present here was even aware of the activities here. We will try to learn more about what the Wulther agents were doing, and what their true intent was, and return to speak with you as soon as possible.

"However, I would like to suggest again that it is possible that a disease that is mild or harmless to one group may be lethal to another. If you have no way of confirming that the Wulther agents were lying, it might be most useful to find out if they were in fact telling the truth. That way, if they were lying, then we can try to deliver justice to the ones from far away who ordered this action. And if they were telling the truth, we can find the true source of the disease, put a stop to it, and pave the way for possible friendship in the future.

"One of the men with me is a healer, and may be able to help with the disease that you describe. He will be better prepared to do so if we're able to find out what Wulther might have been doing to create the outbreak.

"My colleagues and I are leaving for a short time in order to try to find out the truth. We will seek you out when we return, and I can promise you that I will try to reach out to you with this form of communication before I do anything else. If you or another of your kind is here to receive the message, I hope that we can keep talking. Again, thank you."

Cricket becomes visible, and turns to all five of the others in the room.

"I have made contact with a friend of the flower-cow-man. They're here in what they see as revenge for something that Wulther did to them. I'm happy to discuss this further, but what we really need to do now is get to a place where our communicators work, so that we can find out what Wulther was really doing here. Ideally, I'd love for this to be a face-to-face conversation. But what I'm saying is, if you want to go on with this without that conversation, you're doing it without me. What do you say, Professor?"

dantiesilva
2012-07-17, 10:19 PM
Dantie listened to the conversation he knew nothing about planar travel for the fact all he cared for was the land he lived in. But it seemed that this was a general misunderstanding that he could fix very easily. " Instead of going up to those that can lie to us ask your contact if they still have any of the bodies. Though I do not like doing this kind of stuff often, it seems if we go to those higher up we will only get the run around. Asking those that worked here and are dead is much simpler. The dead can not lie." Darek said in his head. Then to the group he spoke " I say ask your contact if their is a body of one of the people they killed, and to send up one of their sick. Or I will offer to go down. This way you can learn the truth of this situation and I can see if I can heal this sickness that has befallen them."

Toliudar
2012-07-17, 11:12 PM
Cricket shrugs, and nods.

"Can't hurt to ask."

She refocuses on the mind below.

"The healer that I mentioned before, he is wondering if any of you are infected with the disease you speak of. He would be willing to examine that person, to see what he can do to cure others. Failing that, he asks permission to get to one of the bodies of the dead Wulther employees. I believe that he has a way to gain information from a person, even after death. What do you say?"

greenpotato
2012-07-18, 02:39 AM
The Proffesor:
"Unfortunatly to maintain deniablility the only people who are at all aware of the intricacies of a facilities projects are those who work there. If anyone that worked here was still alive they would be the ones to ask. I wish there was someone we could call to sort this mess out, I'm sure no one from the company deliberately hurt these people"
He says even if his face doesn't.

The (Minotaur?):
"The fact that a disease could be harmless to humans and effect my kind in such a way is evidence itself of the treachery afoot. We are far heartier than you lesser folk. We have the greatest evidence one can have in such matters, we have the word of our chieftain that Wulther is behind this!"
To your second set:
"Why would we bring our sick with us? What help could the bed ridden be in delivering justice? As for the bodies of these defilers, we are pilling them up to burn them two floor below the one on which I stand now"

Toliudar
2012-07-18, 12:16 PM
Cricket responds first to the voice below.

"You may be right. I wish I could do more to help you.
"

Cricket tilts her head to the side, clearly not understanding the Professor.

"I'm very sorry, Professor, but what you said is the biggest load of manure that I've ever heard, and I work in the music business, so that's saying a great deal. There's no way that a company like Wulther is going to spend this much gold to set up a secret facility, and then never ever ask what that facility is doing. The only reason to set something like this up is that you have goals. You want to make money, you want to take over another dimension, whatever. But you have goals.

"Someone knows what the purpose of this facility was. They know what materials were requisitioned to be here. They know what the specialties were for the staff that were assigned here. I accept that you don't know those things. I even accept the possibility that you honestly believe that information doesn't exist. That doesn't make you right. And the very fact that you claim that 'plausible deniability' is a factor in the design of this installation suggests that you know that what you said is bull as well.

"I've been polite in asking five times now to find out what is going on in this place. The reasons for your failure to provide this information are becoming less and less interesting to me. I believe that my retainer on this job was, oh, zero. So I'll be going now. Call me if Wulther decides to answer my questions."

She drifts to the doorway, and glances back at the others.

"Oh, the voice says that they still believe that you're mass murderers. There are no sick folk with them, but the dead Wulther employees are stacked up and getting ready to be burned two levels down."

She floats towards the stairs, turning invisible again.

Monodominant
2012-07-19, 02:48 AM
Jedediah has stayed quiet over the last few exchanges but he now speaks.

"Well first off all I cant really... well... align myself with these cows. They call us weak and lesser... their chieftain is blind enough to have sanctioned a strike with no prisoners to interrogate AND they killed most, if not all, of the people in this facility. That in itself is as stupid as supsicious... if I did not know better I would say that their leader is deeply involved in this... killing the person who 'infected' you kills the opportunity to get a cure from them and I dont think it takes a supra-genious to realise this..." he explains.

"As for their not bringing the sick here... maybe it makes sense but only if they are resigned to all dieing from this plague eventually. His idiotic assesment that 'if it doesnt affect humans then you obviously caused it' is... well idiotic... plants, animals and different races react differently to any amount of natural and magical diseases so once again is it simple idiocy or planned misdirection?" he contniues.

"As for the burning of the bodies... why? Why give such an order given that they are not disease carriers? Let alone the fact that their leader ordered the murder of the original group of ambassadors and not only the people of this facility. So yea... I am sorry Cricket but though for sure we could go out and ask Wulther higher ups what was being done here, and I would like to point out that indeed Professor your reasoning that NOONE knows is impossible to believe, I dont think I give any credit to the Cow-Men... I believe we should not waste time as by the time we are back the bodies will be burned and we will have no evidence of what happened here OR of the needed bodies for Dantie to speak with the dead..." he concludes.

"So just to say my final piece. I advise you let them know that they need to cease and desist. They have proceeded to slaughter the innocent and the potentially guilty and perhaps the solution to their problem. If they continue with their plans to burn the dead, which is pretty much what I would call a convinient cover up, we will stop them. They can stand down and bring, with escort, a sick individual so Dantie can try and assist him but thats all we can do for them now. AFTER all this is done, we can then check back with Wulther... but I see no point in doing so now when time is pressing us and these idiot flower cows are destroying the hope of curing them, for which they will eventually blame us...

Oh and their Chieftain is obviously corrupted..."

Knowledge the Planes for the plane he mentioned:

[roll0]

dantiesilva
2012-07-19, 06:14 AM
Though Dantie wouldn't have put it exactly the same way as Jed had, he could not say it was not true. " As I have said before the dead are the only ones that speak the truth." Dantie said out in the open before looking at his two sand golems and saying, " Follow me." to them. " O and you may want to let them know I'm coming down. I will not ask anyone else to come, it is your judgement choice. But the truth will not be destroyed until it has been shown to all." And with that Dantie and the two golems began heading in the direction of the cows. If they would not cooperate they would die. It was the only way to see what really happened, and he would not let the truth go because they choose to eliminate it.

Toliudar
2012-07-19, 10:29 AM
Cricket chuckles and sends mentally back to the two men.

"Sorry, guys. You can be dupes and muscle for Wulther if you like. I'm not getting mushroom farmed anymore. Catch you later."

Cricket floats up the stairs and out of the building.

Monodominant
2012-07-23, 09:16 AM
Jedediah looks at the woman go and turns to the Wulther group.

"Two down... two left. Gentlemen and lady this is becoming interesting. Given the current situation, the lack of info and the fact that we are now 2 instead of your initial 4 I would say that my fee tripled... if you agree to this I am willing to go on..."

greenpotato
2012-07-23, 06:25 PM
"I can do double, but not triple" Says the professor as he frowns at the leaving party member.

Monodominant
2012-07-24, 02:55 AM
Jedediah laughs...

It is a strange worrysome sound.

"Very well... I was actually bluffing. This is too interesting to pass but double sounds fine!" he says and grins.

"Onwards then... so I have a suggestion if Dantie agrees... the benefit of Cricket was her scanning ability and that we could chat with our enemies from a distance... with her gone we lose that advantage and our enemies know that we are here. So no time to lose...

I suggest I teleport us to their location right now and we strike while the iron is hot so to speak... we just need 1 alive for interrogation... to go down 2-3 levels of a corporate secure facility would take too long in my opinion..."

dantiesilva
2012-07-24, 08:54 AM
Dantie listened to all that was said and add. " I must agree. Conditions have changed, and I have the perfect place to go. My village is not far away, but is protected by enough sand golems and fallen enemies that still have their intelligence that nothing should be able to get through without us knowing." Dantie said. He knew the whole situation seemed fishy, on both ends and so he only asked one thing. " We need one of the wulther bodies. If we kid nap one of them they will be waiting for us to come back. If we take one of those they are about to burn they will not even notice." Dantie said with a smile.

dantiesilva
2012-07-24, 08:55 AM
Dantie listened to all that was said and add. " I must agree. Conditions have changed, and I have the perfect place to go. My village is not far away, but is protected by enough sand golems and fallen enemies that still have their intelligence that nothing should be able to get through without us knowing." Dantie said. He knew the whole situation seemed fishy, on both ends and so he only asked one thing. " We need one of the wulther bodies. If we kid nap one of them they will be waiting for us to come back. If we take one of those they are about to burn they will not even notice." Dantie said with a smile.

Monodominant
2012-07-27, 06:27 AM
"Yes but where is the fun in that?" asks the wizard with a soft grin.

"In any case, if thats what you would like then so be it. Lets proceed quietly and carefully and try to obtain a body...

Onwards!"

greenpotato
2012-07-27, 08:31 PM
onwards where?

dantiesilva
2012-07-27, 11:48 PM
And with that Dantie proceeds to the place that he was told where the bodys would be. His golems standing in front of him blocking him and the three people from the company behind him. " I hope you don't mind being in the front, but the way I see it is I don't understand them and if they see me they may just attack again so...better to see you then me. Who knows maybe one will sleep with you. " Dantie laughs at the wizard.

greenpotato
2012-07-28, 06:57 PM
Deducing that the stairwell around the elevator continues down to the floors below you return there and begin to head down the two floors to where the minotaurs said the bodies were being piled.

When you get to the approprite floor you find it mirrors the ones above in layout with corridor streaching in each direction and three smaller doors opposite the door to the broken elevator.
This floor has noticeably more gore and blood with a thick trail moving from the elevator shaft down to the right.

Monodominant
2012-07-31, 09:39 AM
Jedediah is impulsive, brave but not foolish.

He does take point but he first casts a spell to ensure he does not get ambushed by these creatures.

Casting listening lorecall

My listen is now +8 and I have blindsense 30 feet.

Quick access to the spell: http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-adventurer--54/listening-lorecall--381/

His incantation finished and now seeing... or rather hearing... or rather feeling the world in a much different way he advances slowly and steadily. Also deciding that there is no reason to attract attention to himself, hence working as an advanced sentry, and hoping his opponents, if any, will focus on the golems he uses the shadows of these hallways in order to remain hidden from view.

All these precautions taken he follows the blood trail.

Hide: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

dantiesilva
2012-07-31, 02:33 PM
Darek understands the reasons for Jeds unease. The place is littered with gore and he to has the urge to hide in the shadows but then remembers that anything that is not friendly that comes within 60ft. of him would almost certainly run away in fear and so he continues forward. When they get close to the doors he calls out " I am hear to speak with one of the dead. Please come out into the hallway so we can see each other.

greenpotato
2012-07-31, 05:31 PM
At the lichs yell something roars in response from inside the room.

roll initiative, I will put up a map soon

dantiesilva
2012-08-01, 08:44 AM
[roll0] Initiative

As Danties hears a role in responce he becomes happy he did not walk straight into the room. " Go back to the stairs. If it seems like we are going to die, run. Don't turn back, don't do anything but run and get as far away as possible." Dantie says to them before he begins casting a spell, once the first one walks out the door he lets it fly at them.

The spell is dismissal DC=21-Creatures HD+15 or 36-HD Will save

Monodominant
2012-08-01, 10:04 AM
Jedediah scoffs at the loud cry.

"Aggressive behaviour can have one conclusion... DEATH!" he calls out in Sylvan and takes a step back.

If he has time, he draws his greatsword, more as a fun thing to do, and prepares to launch a spell.

Initiative [roll0]

Ready vs approach.

greenpotato
2012-08-02, 05:37 AM
A Minotaur kicks open the door with mace held high but danties spell whisks him away, another Minotaur hot on the heels of the first stands in the doorway and begins casting a spell.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/Greenyakunan/maplvl3.jpg?t=1343903742

this is where you guys are?

Monodominant
2012-08-02, 07:44 AM
"Halt! Hammer Time!" Calls out Jedediah in Sylvan as the creature starts casting.

First of all, spellcraft to see what he is casting:

[roll0]

I will post action depending on that... I assume my ready applies since indeed they approached right?

Also I am fine with where you have me on the map... may I ask (if possible) that you also number/alphabetise at the top of the map so we can tell you where we move to if we do?

dantiesilva
2012-08-02, 12:23 PM
Thats fine with me. I'll edit this post once mono gets his reply.

As The first mintaur vanishes a small smile escape his lips. Its time to go in for the kill Dantie thinks as he goes on the attack.

Spellcraft check
Attack roll [roll1]
Critical confirm [roll2]
Damage roll [roll]10d8+4+1d6 Con
This is a touch attack by the way and does extra damage because they are plant like creatures.

Aura of despair goes of making 60ft. radius around my character filled with fear effect DC 24 will save or shaken for [roll3] rounds And after looking at my character sheet i noticed something. You know how you told me i had 3 to many levels. Well if you look i am 3 short on one side.

Gave of terror (familiar) Will DC 13 or paralyzed with fear for [roll4] rounds

dantiesilva
2012-08-02, 12:25 PM
sorry my attacks didn't go through trying again.

[roll0]
Con damage[roll1] Keep in mind because the critical is confirmed it deals 3x that damage.