PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Need help for a Rot Druid

Jhango
2012-05-25, 08:30 PM
Hey Guys!

I'm looking for some help putting together a build for a "Rot Druid".

Basicly a Druid that revolves around the Darker side of nature... Fungus, Death, Decay, Disease, etc...

What I am looking for in this build:

-Death Domain or Someway to animate Dead while being a Druid.
-Would like to keep my animal companion.
-Avoiding being Evil if possible (Rather stay in the Neutral area).
-Druid magic for the most part.

I have two ideas sofar, but very iffy about them sofar.

Blight Druid Archtype / Talontar Blight Lord
-Gives Death Domain, but looses animal companion.
-Has to be evil.
-Otherwise fits what I am looking for.

Druid / Dread Necromancer /Arcane Hierophant
-Fits what I am looking for however, would be rather weak unless anyone has any suggestions to make it on par with a full druid.

Any suggestions?

Kuulvheysoon
2012-05-25, 09:50 PM
Slap on a level of Contemplative (CD) to get access to the Death domain.

NamelessNPC
2012-05-25, 10:03 PM
If you can use 3rd party, the Death Mage can have an animal companion, casts mostly debuffs and reanimation spells, 3/4 BAB, known spells mechanism just as a druid (but with a much smaller and weaker list). Here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/death-mage)

If not, then there's probably no easy way to do it in PF only. Improved Eldritch Heritage (Arcana Bloodline) lets you pick a spell from the wiz/sorc list at level 11 (!!!), and again at 15 and 19. What level are you starting at?

ClockworkSun
2012-05-25, 10:13 PM
With Skill Focus (Knowledge(nature)), you can pick up the Eldritch Heritage feat for the Sorcerer's Fey bloodline, which gives you an animal companion at level-3, so you could regain your animal on the Blight Druid.

NamelessNPC
2012-05-25, 10:18 PM
Of course, that was much simpler than what I said

Nice!

ClockworkSun
2012-05-25, 10:25 PM
You can then also take the Boon Compaion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/boon-companion) feat to bring your companion up to the normal level one. Sorry that I didn't include this in the above post as well, but I wasn't sure what it was called or whether it was Pathfinder. :smallsmile:

doko239
2012-05-25, 11:11 PM
With Skill Focus (Knowledge(nature)), you can pick up the Eldritch Heritage feat for the Sorcerer's Fey bloodline, which gives you an animal companion at level-3, so you could regain your animal on the Blight Druid.

Actually, the animal companion is from Sylvan Wildblooded archetype, which may or may not qualify for Eldritch Heritage depending on how forgiving your DM is.

If you DM is indeed forgiving, then Skeleton Summoner might be houseruled to work with Summon Nature's Ally; that'll give you your undead, although duration will be an issue.

Benly
2012-05-25, 11:35 PM
If you DM is indeed forgiving, then Skeleton Summoner might be houseruled to work with Summon Nature's Ally; that'll give you your undead, although duration will be an issue.

Be warned that pretty much everything you can summon with Summon Nature's Ally gets brutally nerfed by being summoned as a skeleton.

ClockworkSun
2012-05-25, 11:47 PM
Actually, the animal companion is from Sylvan Wildblooded archetype, which may or may not qualify for Eldritch Heritage depending on how forgiving your DM is.
Good catch. Are you saying it might not count because it replaces both the 1st-level bloodline power of the Fey bloodline and the bloodline arcana? I think it still counts as just being the 1st-level power allowed by Eldritch Heritage. Plus the archetype is basically just like the cleric subdomains in the APG--Sylvan still functions pretty much like a regular bloodline, it's just a slight variation on the Fey one.

doko239
2012-05-26, 02:04 AM
Good catch. Are you saying it might not count because it replaces both the 1st-level bloodline power of the Fey bloodline and the bloodline arcana? I think it still counts as just being the 1st-level power allowed by Eldritch Heritage. Plus the archetype is basically just like the cleric subdomains in the APG--Sylvan still functions pretty much like a regular bloodline, it's just a slight variation on the Fey one.

The problem is, it's an Archetype, not a bloodline itself. Subtle difference, but it's there, and a stickler DM might jump on it.

It's also significantly more powerful than other options for Eldritch Heritage, and that alone is enough to make a DM want to disallow it. 3 feats for a full-progression animal companion on any character seems pretty good to me.