PDA

View Full Version : ShadowLance contest! (discussion)

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-25, 09:02 PM
This is the discussion thread for my contest! Thanks to Milo v3 for help!

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13290340) is the link to the ssubmisson thread.

Milo v3
2012-05-25, 09:17 PM
Your welcome. And I've edited my first post in the submission thread into a submission.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-25, 09:46 PM
Your welcome. And I've edited my first post in the submission thread into a submission.

I be of liking IT!

Temotei
2012-05-25, 10:23 PM
I'd recommend some formatting for the submission thread. Perhaps bold the theme and the due date in the original post. Make sure everyone knows the criteria for submissions. This way no one submits work that doesn't fit what you're looking for and is unfairly kicked out of the contest.

Providing a link to the submission thread would be cool, too.

As a side note, naming the contest would be nice. Perhaps "Shadow's Contest I" for the submission thread and then for this thread, use "Shadow's Discussion Thread." "Gitp contest by me" is kind of awkward, methinks. Your choice, obviously.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts.

Milo v3
2012-05-26, 12:00 AM
Does the race need to be insectiod, scorpion-like, and influenced by Egyptian myth.

Or can it be Insectiod and Influenced by Egyptian deities?

Being Insectiod and Scorpion-based doesn't make sense.

Temotei
2012-05-26, 01:53 AM
Does the race need to be insectiod, scorpion-like, and influenced by Egyptian myth.

It's also super narrow, limiting the possible entries. The best way to do this would probably be to just make it one of those, but that would be changing the contest theme after it's started, which is a bad idea. Just keep in mind that narrow topics get fewer submissions and fewer followers. If nobody supports the contest, what's the point?

Milo v3
2012-05-26, 02:35 AM
It's also super narrow, limiting the possible entries. The best way to do this would probably be to just make it one of those, but that would be changing the contest theme after it's started, which is a bad idea. Just keep in mind that narrow topics get fewer submissions and fewer followers. If nobody supports the contest, what's the point?

This +10. If it ends up being that it must be scorpion themed then I'm going to remove my entry. This isn't a threat, I'm just saying that my race doesn't fit the parameters.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-26, 08:26 AM
This +10. If it ends up being that it must be scorpion themed then I'm going to remove my entry. This isn't a threat, I'm just saying that my race doesn't fit the parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post

Ahh thanks So the contest now is Insectiod and Influenced by Egyptian deities Thanks!:smallbiggrin:

Wavelab
2012-05-26, 07:41 PM
Well there you go. I gave it a try. Sorry for all the stat penalties, I was trying to balance out the natural armor and attacks :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2012-05-27, 09:04 PM
WohaJust woha

Posts like these interrupt the flow of submissions. I'd recommend commenting in the discussion thread, as I'm pretty sure that's what you set this thread up for.

Just a suggestion, again. Nothing against your enthusiasm, which I find refreshing. :smallsmile:

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-28, 01:28 PM
Thanks!
So looks like no one wants to vote :smallfrown: :smallsigh: so Temotei whoever you vote for is most likly going to win.

Temotei
2012-05-28, 03:08 PM
Thanks!
So looks like no one wants to vote :smallfrown: :smallsigh: so Temotei whoever you vote for is most likly going to win.

Voting usually comes in after all submissions are in. Otherwise, the submission due date is really "before any votes come in." I doubt any votes will come in until June 14th, maybe a day or two after. Dun worry.

Wavelab
2012-06-01, 04:52 PM
I'll vote for myself if that helps :smallbiggrin:

Milo v3
2012-06-01, 05:56 PM
I vote for Kephra.

ShadowFireLance
2012-06-01, 07:56 PM
Hehehehehehe

Wavelab
2012-06-15, 08:40 PM
Is this still active? It seems that it's tied with one each at the moment.

ShadowFireLance
2012-06-15, 11:15 PM
Im not sure.....