PDA

View Full Version : Witchalok Uses?

Gligarman2
2012-05-26, 11:28 AM
Hey RPGers and Penny Arcade Fans!

I am a gleeful powergamer who just found a reason to play 4e. It is....THE WITCHALOK! What totally x-treme things can I do with this class to make people go "What....the....heck? How did you do that?"

Here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/preview_witchalok.pdf

Tengu_temp
2012-05-26, 11:40 AM
Congratulations, you discovered a 3-year old article!

Also, Which Witchalok is my favorite.

Xefas
2012-05-26, 01:44 PM
Congratulations, you discovered a 3-year old article!

Also, Which Witchalok is my favorite.

'Which Witchalok' is definitely the best, although the "Sweet" class feature also gives me a good laugh. The great thing is, its been so long since I've seen this, that reading it was funny all over again.

(Also, "Daggerblade of Sorrows: One Hundred Million Weeping" could totally be a perfectly legit name for an Exalted Abyssal Charm.)

7RED7
2012-05-26, 11:45 PM
1) Use 'Which Witchalok?' to make 2 copies of yourself.
2) All 3 of you use 'Throw Witchalok Blade'.
3) The next round starts and you spend approximately 4.21 minutes acting out the Shakespearean death throes of your copies.
4) Retrieve the 3 Witchalok Blades from the squares they landed in. You now have more Witchalok Blades than there are in reality.
5) Turn into a Tyrannosaurus-Rex.
6) ????
7) Baleful Profit.

erikun
2012-05-26, 11:55 PM
3) The next round starts and you spend approximately 4.21 minutes acting out the Shakespearean death throes of your copies.
4) Retrieve the 3 Witchalok Blades from the squares they landed in. You now have more Witchalok Blades than there are in reality.
6) ????
7) Baleful Profit.
8) Use 'Slow, Dramatic Clapping' once the others at the table realize what you have done.

Gligarman2
2012-05-27, 08:23 AM
6) ????
7) Baleful Profit.
8) Use 'Slow, Dramatic Clapping' once the others at the table realize what you have done.

7RED7
2012-05-27, 09:59 AM
Clapping would be great. However, you are now a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and trying to clap would just be embarrassing.

Aidan305
2012-05-27, 10:54 AM
Never been overly fond of the Witchalok myself. The class has always seemed a bit weak to me.

enderlord99
2012-05-27, 12:58 PM
Never been overly fond of the Witchalok myself. The class has always seemed a bit weak to me.

...It's an April fool's day article. You couldn't tell?

Pie Guy
2012-05-27, 02:02 PM
I don't know man, that death laser. At high levels it kills targets twice.

Treblain
2012-05-27, 03:59 PM

Yeah, and hybrid Witchalok is totally a trap; you only get one Witchalok blade that can only be used as an implement on Tuesdays, and you transform into a stegosaurus, not a T-Rex. Fail on WotC's part there.

Geostationary
2012-05-27, 04:20 PM
Yeah, and hybrid Witchalok is totally a trap; you only get one Witchalok blade that can only be used as an implement on Tuesdays, and you transform into a stegosaurus, not a T-Rex. Fail on WotC's part there.

On the other hand, being half-Witchalok lets you take the Baleful Angsty Heritage paragon path, opening up powers like the Balebrooding Sorcelation that lets you awe everyone in the room with your angst, all while making you immune to Pathos-typed damage.

WitchSlayer
2012-05-27, 05:09 PM
You know what would be amazing?

If the last article for 4e in Dragon they made a full witchalok class instead of just levels 1-3

Silma
2012-05-27, 07:03 PM

Not to mention that the"Throw Witchalok Blade" becomes a lot weaker at 21st level since u cant throw both Witchalok blades.

You know...
I'm awfully tempted to create the Witchalok class up to level 30...
In fact, tomorrow I will have it ready up to level 10.

Treblain
2012-05-27, 09:37 PM
Go ahead, but what we really need is an "Ecology of the Witchalok" article. Dealing with Illithid society and reproduction is enough of a headache for DMs, but hermaphroditic androgynites? Damn.

Doorhandle
2012-05-28, 05:21 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go ahead, but what we really need is an "Ecology of the Witchalok" article. Dealing with Illithid society and reproduction is enough of a headache for DMs, but hermaphroditic androgynites? Damn.

...Can't be any more complex than the alternian reproductive system.

Although it still might involve incestious slurries. :smalltongue:

The deathlaser could still be useful for crowd control. Even if only temporarily, a dead target can't fight back or heal, can it?

Not to mention that in the short-window of oppetunity in-between deaths, you could shove the corpse over a cliff. :smallbiggrin: