View Full Version : Risus + Mythic GM Emulator: Rules-lite, join at any time, stop whenever you want.

abcd_z
2012-05-26, 10:40 PM
I have no idea where this game will go, and my contribution as Gamemaster is intentionally minimal.

The genre is fantasy, since that's what a lot of people here are familiar with.

Post your character in your initial post. Pull up the Flash implementation (http://artifex0.50webs.com/GMEmulator.swf) to ask questions, then copy the questions and their answers and paste them here.

Feel free to flesh out what those answers mean. Also, feel free to go nuts with the random generators.

Assume any dungeons are linear. It's just easier that way.

Character Creation and Combat:

Risus rules:
http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus15.htm

Cliche ideas:
http://risusiverse.wetpaint.com/page/Fantasy+Cliches
http://risusiverse.wetpaint.com/page/Stock+Character+Cliches

The Risus rules for Deadly Combat are in play to avoid the Death Spiral Effect: When in combat, use the highest single roll instead of the sum total rolled. Unopposed rolls still work the same.

Target numbers for unopposed rolls will be handled as stated here: http://www.velvet-edge.com/2009/12/target-numbers-in-mythic-risus.html

Random generators:
http://donjon.bin.sh/random/ (NPCs, Quests, towns/cities/castles, prophecies)
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/ (Beings > Legendary Creature Generator (for random encounters), Magic > Magic Items/Potions/Quest Items)
Mythic GM Emulator:
Flash Implementation:
http://artifex0.50webs.com/GMEmulator.swf

When a scene ends, here are my rules for chaos: if things haven't been chaotic enough, select "more chaos". If things have been plenty chaotic, choose "less chaos". Simple, no?

We start at 5 chaos automatically. Write the the current chaos factor at the top of all your posts.

When asking questions, a "yes" answer should change the status quo wherever possible.

The first poster gets to decide the starting town from the random generator here (http://donjon.bin.sh/random/).

The second poster gets to decide on the plot hook from the same site.

The third poster gets to decide on the macguffin to retrieve (if there is one) from the Random Quest Item Generator here (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=questitem) or the Random Magic Item Generator here (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=magicitem).
Don't forget to post your character in your initial post.

Aaaaand, go!

EDIT: The flash emulator is down, I don't know for how long. In the meantime, use http://www.evilgenius.org.nz/blackmagic.html

Nero Grimes
2012-05-27, 05:35 PM
Victor Cunningham (Tim Roth from Rob Roy)

Tale: A profligate son of a snotty, if only moderately well to do family.

Hook: Wears out his welcome where ever he goes.

His word is his bond only to 'brothers in arms'.

Effete Agile Adventurer (4)

Morally Ambiguous, Well Read Alchemist (3)

Ill Tempered, Amateur Illusionist (2)

Threadbare Ladies Man (1)

I'll have to brush up on Deadly Combat.

abcd_z
2012-05-27, 06:40 PM
Okay. Since it seems a lot of people are getting stuck here, I thought I'd introduce my character and do a quick walkthrough of the Flash-based Mythic GM Emulator (hereafter referred to as GME).

Ormhardt

Wizard 2
Acrobat 3
Actor 2
Archer 3

I click on the GME link (http://artifex0.50webs.com/GMEmulator.swf). GME asks me for Player Characters. So far I have Ormhardt and Victor, so I type those names into the boxes.

Next it asks me for Starting NPCs and threads. I leave both blank for now.

Next it asks me for a scene description (optional). Since nobody's decided on our location, I'm going to go with the old adventuring standby, "you all meet in a tavern." I also want to be able to describe the town proper, so I pull up the random town generator (http://donjon.bin.sh/random/#town) and find one that I like.

Hooley: Population 23000, primarily human, some dwarf and gnome. The city is encircled by a crumbling stone wall. Two factions struggle for control of the city, a consortium of guildmasters and a noble aristocrat, the human lord Obed. The most prominent tavern is The Trickster and Flagon, on Crystaltome Avenue.
Just like that, I have two NPCs to add: Obed and Guildmasters. I add them to the NPC list.

Hmm. I like the description, but "hooley" seems a bit silly for a town name. Since I'm fairly sure nobody will find out, I swap the name for another one the randomizer gave me. "Bayfalls." Yes, that will do nicely.

With the information in hand, I proceed to write up a scene description.

Dusk has fallen on the town of Bay Falls, and inside the Trickster and Flagon tavern, portentous events are about to be set in motion...

Now for the meat of the GME: I ask it questions, set a likelihood, and it will tell me more about the world that I want to know. For example, I know that I'm in a tavern. Perhaps my character ordered some food earlier. I ask the GME "Is my steak any good?" It seems likely that it will be, so I set the probability slider to "likely", click "yes/no", and click "ask"!

As it turns out, the steak was pretty good.

Bear in mind there's a bug where it will sometimes start on "detail" even though "yes/no" is highlighted. Just click from one to the other and back and it should clear that up.

My initial answer regarding the steaks involved "an insufficient amount of frivolity." :smalltongue:

Now I want to know why my character is here. For this I change "yes/no" to "detail" and Ask.

The Answer involves
A Surprising Amount of Newness.

Hmm. I'm going to interpret that to mean that I'm new in town. Doesn't tell me much about my motivations though, so I try again.

The Answer involves
Plenty of Excitement.

That's not much clearer, but I'm going to interpret that to mean I was run out of the last town I was in. Plenty of excitement, indeed.

Bookkeeping:

Any question you ask should be copied and pasted in this thread. You can elaborate on it as much or as little as you want. There's a log that you can copy from. For example, mine looks like this:
Q: #4 Plenty of Excitement
Q: Why am I here? A Surprising Amount of Newness
Q: #2 YES
Q: Is the steak any good? An Insufficient Amount of Frivolity

Scene #1:
Dusk has fallen on the town of Bay Falls, and inside the Trickster and Flagon tavern, portentous events are about to be set in motion...
Once you're done asking questions and elaborating on the answers, take the following items, update them with whatever happened on your turn, and copy them onto the bottom of your post for the next person to use.

Chaos Factor: 5

NPCs:
Bay Falls Aristocrat Obed
Bay Falls Guildmasters

PCs:
Victor
Ormhardt

Threads:
(None yet. We're still working on it.)

Nero Grimes
2012-05-27, 07:42 PM
Int. TAVERN

Q: am I drunk yet? EXCEPTIONAL NO

Victor up ends another bottle.

Victor: "The best wine in this town is none too good."

abcd_z
2012-05-28, 12:19 AM
Ormhardt chuckles at Victor's disgust. As the tavern is quite full, they happen to be seated at the same table. Later on in the evening more PCs- er, I mean "travelers", may show up. :smallwink:

"Disgusting swill, yeah? Well, you get what you pay for."

Q: What interesting thing happens next? The Exact Opposite of Spirituality

Just then, a drunken lout starts yelling at everybody in the tavern. His bloodshot eyes slowly focus on the table that Victor and Ormhardt are sitting at before he lunges at them.

Drunken lout (2)

Nero_Grimes: I believe you were asking about teaming up? I'm gonna use my wizard (2). Which cliche are you going to use?

Mardel
2012-05-28, 01:13 AM
I like this idea a lot.

Nemo Ludius (think Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead)

A hapless traveling performer who masks his frequent confusion with a penchant for theatrics. Always carries a rapier, a notebook and a pack full of masks and simple props.

Improvisational Performer (3)
Stage-Fighting Fencer (2)
Perceptive Philosopher-Fool (2)
Curiously Convenient Equipment (3)

---

Random Event! Something happens Elsewhere, involving the Movement of Dreams.

(Perfect, i'll take that as an opportunity to establish the plot hook. Let's say that dreams are spreading throughout the land with a recurring theme. Donjon random prophecy generator says: When song becomes silence, when the Black Cat lies in blood and sea becomes sky, the Demon Empress shall destroy magic forever.)

New Thread added: Prophetic Dreams
New NPC added: Black Cat
New NPC added: Demon Empress

Q: Has Nemo experienced this dream?
NO

The lout's path is blocked by a rapier, which Nemo puts in a dramatic dueling stance as he stands next to a nearby seat. "Stop! Or..."

He blinked and looked over at the other two before returning to attention. "Or these gentlemen and I will make you, I suppose."

(I'll teamwork it up with Stage-Fighting Fencer 2)

qwertyu63
2012-05-28, 09:37 AM
Nicholas, Conjurer
Conjurer (4)
Dabbling Alchemist (3)
??? Terrifying Athletics (2) (I'll have the game tell me what this is)
Strangely Good Looking (1)

As this battle starts, another wizard of some kind weaves his way to the table. "A battle, breaking out at this hour?" He sighs. "Do you fellows require my assistance?"

I had no questions for this time, but I did use it to pick a Cliche for my character, and got "Terrifying Athletics". I think I'll turn that into an Intimidating Cliche.

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 09:39 AM
Just then, a drunken lout starts yelling at everybody in the tavern. His bloodshot eyes slowly focus on the table that Victor and Ormhardt are sitting at before he lunges at them.

Drunken lout (2)

Nero_Grimes: I believe you were asking about teaming up? I'm gonna use my wizard (2). Which cliche are you going to use?

Victor: "I'll distract him."

Victor sniffs and languidly waves his hand in a hypnotic pattern at the drunk.

A breath-taking, load-bearing barmaid appears.

Amateur Illusionist (2)

abcd_z
2012-05-28, 01:06 PM
Okay. The rules for teaming up state that the highest cliche acts as team leader, and the other rolls only counts on a 6. Everybody roleplay their actions and roll your cliche number of d6 dice. If nobody uses a cliche higher than 2, I'll be the leader just to keep things quick.

To roll, just use, (number)d6. Previewing the post prevents the roller from working properly, so don't do that.

Ormhardt weaves his fingers in a mystic manner designed to befuddled the senses of the drunkard.
2d6: [roll0]

Drunken lout: 2d6 [roll1]

Since we're using deadly combat rules, we're taking the highest roll, not the total of the dice.

EDIT: ****ing hell.

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 06:42 PM
Victor: "I'll distract him."

Victor sniffs and languidly waves his hand in a hypnotic pattern at the drunk.

A breath-taking, load-bearing barmaid appears.

Amateur Illusionist (2)

[roll0]

Then that is a tie? Or do you use next best as a tie-breaker?

Eonas
2012-05-28, 07:30 PM
Eaaargh

Grumpy Dwarvish Barbarian 4
Bartender 4
Guy who knows a guy 2

Eaaargh steps in between the Drunken Lout and his assailees. "Here now, I won't accept any fightin' in my establishment. Yer wanna fight, yer walk out of this 'ere place."

Something unexpectedly positive happens. The local duke (Duke 3) walks into the bar, accompanied by 2 nobles (Fawning Nobles 2).

Eaaargh turns towards the door and starts in surprise. "M'lord! What brings yer 'ere today? Sit down, sit yerself down, please. Would yer like a drink?" he says, anxious to please. "FREE DRINKS FER ALL!" He cries. "THE DUKE IS 'ERE!"

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 07:33 PM
To roll, just use, (number)d6. Previewing the post prevents the roller from working properly, so don't do that.

You can roll on 'posts' but not 'edits'.

Ormhardt weaves his fingers in a mystic manner designed to befuddled the senses of the drunkard.
2d6: [roll0]

Drunken lout: 2d6 [roll1]

Since we're using deadly combat rules, we're taking the highest roll, not the total of the dice.

EDIT: ****ing hell.

Snake Eyes. Is that a Fumble?

Victor: "Way to go. You hooked your whammy into the rough."

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 07:45 PM
Eaaargh: "FREE DRINKS FER ALL!"

That's all Victor hears.

In an equally resounding voice, Victor: "Make it the good stuff this time."

Eonas
2012-05-28, 08:02 PM
Eaaargh hands a mug of ale to the duke. "The finest dwarven ale fer yer, m'lord! Take a pint 'o this, will yer?"

Does the duke drink it? Yes
Does he like it? No

The duke takes a swallow of the ale, coughs, and splashes the remainder in Eaaargh's face. "Don't you have anything better?"

Eaaargh stutters "N-no, m'lord. It's the finest dwarven ale, as I told yer. Yer don't like dwarven ale?"

abcd_z
2012-05-28, 08:28 PM
Snake Eyes. Is that a Fumble?
No, it just means that his high roll of 6 beat my high roll of 1 very handily. =/

Then that is a tie? Or do you use next best as a tie-breaker?
That's a tie. Neither of you loses a level of cliche.

The plan for this game is to keep things streamlined as much as possible. Since the teamwork rules bogs things down somewhat, I'm going to say that each person just fights normally. When facing an opponent, you get one turn, and the opponent gets one turn. You can fight for as many or as few turns as you want, and if your opponent is still up at the end of your post, the next person to post should take up the fight or explain why the fight ends.

This does mean that things may be a lot easier if there are many people fighting, but we can just fix that by adding more dice to the opponents.

Groups of opponents count as only one opponent with some extra dice. So a Skeleton King (3) and five Skeletal archers (2) might count as Skeletons (5) for combat purposes. We'll figure out the exact numbers as we go.

Victor: "Way to go. You hooked your whammy into the rough."

Ormhardt feels his cheeks burn in embarrassment. "Yeah, yeah. He was drunk already, I really should have known better than to try to stupefy him. That was a good spell you cast, though. Nice illusion. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn I was looking at a real barmaid."

abcd_z
2012-05-28, 08:34 PM
Eonas: No character is allowed to start the game with more than 4 points in any cliche.

Chaos factor: 5

NPCs:
Obed
Guildmasters
Black Cat
Demon Empress
Duke + Nobles

PCs:
Victor
Ormhardt
Nemo
Nicholas
Eaaargh

Thread:
Prophetic Dreams

qwertyu63
2012-05-28, 09:41 PM
Nicholas sits up at the bar, next to Victor. "That was quite the illusion you just did." He turns to the bartender. "Can I get a glass of elven wine?" The bartender simply say "No." "Very well." He attempts to conjure a glass then.
EDIT: After creating his glass, he takes a sip, and waits for a response from Victor.

Q: Can I get a glass of elven wine? NO
Conjurer (4): [roll0]
Q: Is a total of 15 good enough to conjure some wine? YES

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 09:43 PM
"[I]The finest dwarven ale fer yer, m'lord!"

From a table off to the side the same resounding voice. Victor: " 'dwarven ale'? That explains so much. The runty b*st*rds wazz into a barrel and call it ale."

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 09:53 PM
That's a tie. Neither of you loses a level of cliche.

The plan for this game is to keep things streamlined as much as possible. Since the teamwork rules bogs things down somewhat, I'm going to say that each person just fights normally.

Does 'streamline' mean dropping full Combat for just Contests and TNs?

Ormhardt feels his cheeks burn in embarrassment. "Yeah, yeah. He was drunk already, I really should have known better than to try to stupefy him. That was a good spell you cast, though. Nice illusion. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn I was looking at a real barmaid."

Victor: "I have an affinity for load-bearing barmaids."

Nero Grimes
2012-05-28, 10:07 PM
Nicholas sits up at the bar, next to Victor. "That was quite the illusion you just did." He turns to the bartender. "Can I get a glass of elven wine?" The bartender simply say "No." "Very well." He attempts to conjure a glass then.
EDIT: After creating his glass, he takes a sip, and waits for a response from Victor.

Victor pings the glass with his fingernail.

Victor: "That's an even better trick."

Q: Can I get a glass of elven wine? NO
Conjurer (4): [roll0]
Q: Is a total of 15 good enough to conjure some wine? YES

Nice use of the yes/no. That was in Monkey's post.

abcd_z
2012-05-29, 01:20 AM
Does 'streamline' mean dropping full Combat for just Contests and TNs?
No, I just meant dropping the rules for team-based combat in favor of multiple individual combats. Passing the baton, as it were.

Victor: "I have an affinity for load-bearing barmaids."
Ormhardt guffaws and slaps Victor across the back. "I like the cut of your jib."

abcd_z
2012-05-29, 08:36 AM
It looks like the flash emulator is down. I don't know if this is a temporary thing or what, so here's another link (http://www.evilgenius.org.nz/blackmagic.html) that does almost the same thing. If you use "random event" to get a detail, don't spend too long trying to figure out what it means. Just try again or move on.

There's a glitch in that one where probability is off by one (probably a fence post error), so reduce chaos by 1 to get the correct numbers. (eg. 50/50 actually giving a 50% probability)

Is an emissary of the Black Cat at the tavern?
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 33 -- Yes

What is the emissary like?
Move away from a thread <--(ignore this bit for detail answers) -- Dominate/Dispute

I'm going to say that the Duke is the emissary of the Black Cat, whoever (or whatever) that is.

Actually, that's a good question.

Who (or what) is the Black Cat?
Communicate/Outside

The Black Cat is an extraplanar being that manifests in our world as a feline-shaped hole in the world.

What is the Black Cat's purpose?

Mistrust/Expectations

Just to observe, for now. It doesn't trust any expectations it may have of us.

qwertyu63
2012-05-29, 10:15 AM
Victor pings the glass with his fingernail.

Victor: "That's an even better trick."

"What can I say? I've always had a talent for creation."

It looks like the flash emulator is down. I don't know if this is a temporary thing or what, so here's another link (http://www.evilgenius.org.nz/blackmagic.html) that does almost the same thing. If you use "random event" to get a detail, don't spend too long trying to figure out what it means. Just try again or move on.

There's a glitch in that one where probability is off by one (probably a fence post error), so reduce chaos by 1 to get the correct numbers. (eg. 50/50 actually giving a 50% probability)

Is an emissary of the Black Cat at the tavern?
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 33 -- Yes

What is the emissary like?
Move away from a thread <--(ignore this bit for detail answers) -- Dominate/Dispute

I'm going to say that the Duke is the emissary of the Black Cat, whoever (or whatever) that is.

Actually, that's a good question.

Who (or what) is the Black Cat?
Communicate/Outside

The Black Cat is an extraplanar being that manifests in our world as a feline-shaped hole in the world.

What is the Black Cat's purpose?

Mistrust/Expectations

Just to observe, for now. It doesn't trust any expectations it may have of us.

It's back up now. Statement redacted. It was up for me for about a minute. OK, I just put up a mirror of the emulator (good thing I downloaded it). The mirror can be found here (http://gmemulator.webs.com/GMEmulator.swf).

Eonas
2012-05-29, 12:01 PM
Eonas: No character is allowed to start the game with more than 4 points in any cliche.

Okay, changed.

From a table off to the side the same resounding voice. Victor: " 'dwarven ale'? That explains so much. The runty b*st*rds wazz into a barrel and call it ale."

"Yer don't need to have me dwarven ale, yer know! 'n fact, yer don't get any!" Eaaargh snatches Victor's mug away from him and downs the contents of it himself.

Nero Grimes
2012-05-29, 06:26 PM
No, I just meant dropping the rules for team-based combat in favor of multiple individual combats. Passing the baton, as it were.

OK

Ormhardt guffaws and slaps Victor across the back. "I like the cut of your jib."

Victor: "My family is well known for the cut of it's jibs."

Nero Grimes
2012-05-29, 06:54 PM
"Yer don't need to have me dwarven ale, yer know! 'n fact, yer don't get any!" Eaaargh snatches Victor's mug away from him and downs the contents of it himself.

Victor: "You can have it."

Victor , all too soberly, pushes past Eaaargh and manhandles the bartender out of the way.

Victor: "Rest your thumbs, I'll do the driving for now."

Q: is there stuff behind the bar for an alchemist to work with? EXCEPTIONAL YES

Victor rummages through the shelves and storage cabinets, He mixes liquids from flagons and flasks, he cracks open earthenware jugs encrusted with dust. He pours and mixes: jars, glasses, cups, mugs and bowels soon crowd the bartop.

Victor: "Now we're cooking with gas."

All Too Sober Well Read Alchemist (3)

[roll0]

Victor drinks from a large bowl of gurgling sludge. He licks his lips, looks heaven-ward. The force of his belch shakes the stale air of the tavern. He snorts a smoke ring from his nostrils.

Victor: "That's better."

He offers the bowl to the Duke.

Victor: "It's ready M'Lord."

qwertyu63
2012-05-29, 08:03 PM
Victor: "You can have it."

Victor , all too soberly, pushes past Eaaargh and manhandles the bartender out of the way.

Victor: "Rest your thumbs, I'll do the driving for now."

Q: is there stuff behind the bar for an alchemist to work with? EXCEPTIONAL YES

Victor rummages through the shelves and storage cabinets, He mixes liquids from flagons and flasks, he cracks open earthenware jugs encrusted with dust. He pours and mixes: jars, glasses, cups, mugs and bowels soon crowd the bartop.

Victor: "Now we're cooking with gas."

All Too Sober Well Read Alchemist (3)

[roll0]

Victor drinks from a large bowl of gurgling sludge. He licks his lips, looks heaven-ward. The force of his belch shakes the stale air of the tavern. He snorts a smoke ring from his nostrils.

Victor: "That's better."

He offers the bowl to the Duke.

Victor: "It's ready M'Lord."

Nicholas walks over, and says "You're an alchemist too? I think we'll get along just fine." He sits at the bar. "So, what did you make?"

Nero Grimes
2012-05-29, 08:51 PM
Nicholas walks over, and says "You're an alchemist too? I think we'll get along just fine." He sits at the bar. "So, what did you make?"

Victor: "Not certain." he pours Nicholas a mug. "but it has a damn sight more kick than dwarven ale."

abcd_z
2012-05-29, 09:44 PM
The duke hesitantly accepts the proffered drink and takes a cautious swig. Finding the drink to his liking, he takes a longer pull at the alchemical brew.

Several minutes later, the duke can be seen groping at the air around his head to catch the "invissble ferries. Flying round n round till I fall down whoops!"

With a loud clatter the duke falls off his seat and lands on his back on the floor. The two nobles just look at each other uncertainly.

"Bartenner!" the duke shouts from the ground, sticking one finger in the air. "Another ale! An' make the room stop spinn'ing!"

Ormhardt grins at Nicholas. "I'd sip that drink if I were you."

Nero Grimes
2012-05-30, 06:36 PM
"Bartenner!" the duke shouts from the ground, sticking one finger in the air. "Another ale! An' make the room stop spinn'ing!"

Victor leans over the bar: "I'll see what I can do m'Lord."

He hands a mug to one of the lesser nobles.

Victor leans over the bar again:"What brings you to this tavern, m'Lord?"

Q: "What brings you to this tavern, m'Lord?" Evil Immensity

abcd_z
2012-05-31, 08:04 PM
Q: why is the duke at the tavern? The answer involves Plenty of Grandiosity, and may involve Obed.

The duke giggles. "Don't tell anybody, but I'm on a secret mission! Shhhhhhhh! It's very important. I'm going to give the priceless statue of this golden- no, black- cat to Obed."

The duke takes a figurine out from underneath his cloak. It is a figurine of a black cat sitting patiently on a pedestal. The figurine is made from a polished black material and has highlights of gold filigree. Gems adorn the base, as if laid out for the cat's inspection.

Anybody who rolls 7 or higher on their magicial cliche notices:
(Don't read the spoiler unless you roll that high. Honor system.)
the figurine radiates a weak magical aura.
"At least, I think it's a gift for Obed. Maybe I'm Obed?"
The duke considers this for a second. "No, I'm the duke. Obed is... say, have I always had this many fingers?"
The duke experimentally waggles his fingers in front of his face.

Eonas
2012-06-01, 11:17 AM
Eaaargh's frustration with Victor gets laid to the side for the moment in his curiosity. He inspects the figurine closely. "Looks normal t' me. What yer wanta give it t' Obed fer?" The bartender pauses and adds hastily "M'lord.", peering with apprehension at the nobles to see if they noticed his aftersight.

abcd_z
2012-06-01, 04:34 PM
The duke just giggles into his alchemical brew.

Nero Grimes
2012-06-03, 04:08 PM
Well Read Alchemist (3)

Does alchemy count as magical?

[roll0]

if not

Amateur Illusionist (2)

[roll1]

Victor's half closed eyes open wide; his soft grin becomes a set jaw.

Victor: "Be careful with that."

Q: Does well read Victor recognize the statue? EXCEPTIONAL YES

Q: #2 A Mystery involving Respectability

abcd_z
2012-06-03, 10:41 PM
Q: #2 A Mystery involving Respectability
That's what we have already. I don't know why, but sometimes the GME tells you what you already know. :smallamused:

Q: Does well read Victor recognize the statue? EXCEPTIONAL YES
Dammit.

The cat statue is constructed such that it automatically picks up any communications in the vicinity (written, verbal, telepathic, etc.) and relays them to a receiver elsewhere. Additionally, the statue itself can come to life to perform semi-autonomous actions on behalf of the person on the other end.
Basically, it's a very expensive spying tool. This particular statue has been enchanted to work across multiple planes. This makes it much more expensive and valuable than an equivalent statue that only works within the current plane.
Q: How does Victor recognize the statue? Somewhat Hilarious Perilousness

Lol. Nero Grimes, I'm leaving the details of that one to you.:smallbiggrin:

Nero Grimes
2012-06-05, 08:17 PM
That's what we have already. I don't know why, but sometimes the GME tells you what you already know. :smallamused:

Trust but verify.

Dammit.

The cat statue is constructed such that it automatically picks up any communications in the vicinity (written, verbal, telepathic, etc.) and relays them to a receiver elsewhere. Additionally, the statue itself can come to life to perform semi-autonomous actions on behalf of the person on the other end.
Basically, it's a very expensive spying tool. This particular statue has been enchanted to work across multiple planes. This makes it much more expensive and valuable than an equivalent statue that only works within the current plane.
Q: How does Victor recognize the statue? Somewhat Hilarious Perilousness

Lol. Nero Grimes, I'm leaving the details of that one to you.:smallbiggrin:

It's listed in Pickman's Incredibly Practical Scrying Relics and Artifacts.