PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Deep (IC)

Demidos
2012-05-27, 01:16 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD08/Sdo4jqsjisI/AAAAAAAAQAM/lt-VQpBrlTk/s400/-2.jpg

The large hull of your ship slides smoothly through the dank water. It has been quiet the last few hours. Few things move through these waters, for few are brave enough to take the straight route through the Circle of Fire. Occasionally, you can glimpse the outlines of enormous shapes moving slowly by, too faint to distinguish. An eerie green light plays around your hull. It looks like lightning, but does not harm your ship, merely lighting it up, crackling about your hull. Should you continue straight, you will pass right through the center of the Ring of Fire, but already you can see the number of hulls of broken ships lying scattered around you starting to increase. Squinting through the depths, one of the seamen, Blunt, looks rather pale.
"Thats more than close enough for me. We're less than an hour from the first peak! Time to turn back -- its now or never." he proclaims uneasily, grasping his longsword tightly.

drack
2012-05-27, 01:51 PM
Altarm, currently a harry armed ogre with an awkward looking mustache, smiles broadly at the man, and puffing out his chest in pride replies. "Come on man, this is what pirates do. Make cover in far of shores, raid the coasts, sail through uncharted waters. Now would we really be the proper crew to this ghost ship if we couldn't even handle sailing through the Rng of Fire?"

Cassus
2012-05-27, 03:25 PM
Merle's hulking form move smoothly across the deck, black cloak fluttering. As always, his hood remained immobile. The hawk on his shoulder turned its sightless eye look at the complaining man, but offered no comment.
The raven, on the other hand, laughed loudly. In its harsh voice, "Those ships could not swim. A bad example to follow!" They sailed towards a wreck which had obviously done just what the man suggested. Its figurehead was gone, leaving the ship as a long rotting corridor pointed directly at the Leviathan.

Merle continued on and came to rest in the bow of the ship, looking through the water ahead. His sleeves hung at his side, waiting for the peak to come.

O:[roll0]
N:[roll1]

SecondRevan
2012-05-27, 04:21 PM
Honor said nothing as Blunt complained. Personally, Honor preferred his jobs to be easy and effortless, but he was hardly about to complain. Last thing he wanted was to get thrown off the boat. This was the perfect life for him. Maybe an undead boat wasn't exactly what he had dreamed about, but this life offered him freedom.Sometimes missions didn't go as planned, but challenge wasn't what Honor was afraid of. He was afraid of consequences.

Instead, Honor kept is eyes out for anything that could possibly threaten the boat. He wasn't sure exactly what it was that had sunk so many boats, but if it was something physical, he wanted to be ready.

drack
2012-05-27, 04:25 PM
Altarm, running excitedly to the other side of the deck, looks off at the wreckage in wonder. Suddenly a little red haired halfling child is standing there excitedly asking "hay, hay, you don't think all these sunken ships have treasure on them do you!?!"

Demidos
2012-05-27, 04:50 PM
"Treasure aplenty to those willing enough to get it, i'll wager!" growls Blunt stubbornly, "Willing and foolish enough. This far from the Circle there is a chance, albeit slim, of surviving a dip -- any further is certain death". The hulking half-orc spits on the floor.

"But further in there is sure to be more treasure!" cries Fitch, his little dwarven eyes beady with excitement as he wrings his red beard.

"You will have to do better than that if you want do draw me in" interjects Saara coldly. The elvish witch stares at Fitch, who noticeably inches away.

riccaru
2012-05-27, 05:00 PM
The cold water slowly slides across the hull of the ship like the hands of death itself. But soon that may not bother Alana as she slowly becomes accustomed to the odd ship she now travels on.

"Treasure isn't worth your life, is it? Does anyone have immunity to lightning though?"

drack
2012-05-27, 05:00 PM
Now an elderly man stroking a vary long and vary thin beard Altarm contemplates out loud. "I would expect our ship may be able to swallow one of these crashed ships as we pas for us to examine after we're through... If nothing else we'll have wood for the cook fires..." Nodding to himself he commands the ship carefully to scoop up a crashed ship out of the water, again thankful that the mouth of the ship doubled as a prison cell. Perhaps i they were lucky they could find a giant squid in it like in all the pirate stories he had heard as a kid... best not to say that out loud, some of the crew had other ideas of a good time than finding a giant angry squid... Again his boyish delight seems to gush out over his form as he again appears as a small child, this time human.

riccaru
2012-05-27, 05:28 PM
"Right you are, Captain. When should we go check the spoils, and who's going?" Alana wheels around on her heel to face their fearless leader as she prepares herself to go into the drink, as it were.

Luckily the ship could no longer digest her, or she would be quite a bit more worried about this instance.

drack
2012-05-27, 06:08 PM
Pausing for a moment Altarm considers the situation, and his kin slowly darkens with his mood as he notices he's need to stay top side. Reminding himself that he was doing real pirate work, and of how rough it all had to be he responded with authority and certainty. "Well I'll probably be needed here to steer her steady, and I could use a few good eyes to volunteer to stay. Beyond that anyone who feels like some good old fashioned scavenging can head on below." thus contented his hair managed to turn a bright shade of bubble gum pink, lengthening ans swirling in the ocean currents before taking on a seaweed green color.

Turning to Blunt Altram asks, his true age beginning to show again as he passes through the life cycle of a human before his crew's eyes, "So, what is it we should expect when we reach the first crest?" before commanding a water elemental to pump the water from the stone prison.

Demidos
2012-05-27, 10:56 PM
"I've never sailed this far. Never been that foolhardy. But one hears rumors. Of ghost ships, crewed by phantasmal crews. Of fish the size of buildings, that eat ships whole. Of the cursed remains of a skeletal army. Of dragons, even. Why should we continue? Loot there is aplenty ashore." Blunt looks distinctly uncomfortable.

Fitch, meanwhile, is practically hopping up and down. "Lets get the treasure already!"

Cassus
2012-05-28, 02:36 AM
Merle moved silently over to stand near Altram. His raven cackled. "Oh, aye, ghost ships and leviathans that swallow boats, I've seen them with my own eyes. Right now, in fact!" Its head bobbed up and down. "But if there's something down here that interests dragons, plural, and keeps whole armies on their feet-- they haven't got that on shore. Why, it must be incredible!" The raven laughed again, and almost fell from its perch. "Below for us, then. You know how to call when the fun's up here." Giggle.

Merle turned, making a patting motion on the raven's head with one long arm of his robe. Then he started walking downwards at an angle towards the leviathan's cell-like mouth, calmly passing directly through the Leviathan's deck on his way. You had to take some shortcuts to be first in line for plunder.

SecondRevan
2012-05-28, 04:25 AM
"Yeah, because when I look for treasure, I always try and find the one that would have an army of dragons pissed off with me". Honor said, more out of humour than actual disobedience. He found it hard to care about the exact dangers of any mission. Any way, he couldn't argue that this is much more interesting and exciting than normal piracy.

People started to make their way down to scavenger the remains of the boat, but Honor stayed in his place. "Why is it every time someone asks for a few good eyes up here they really mean 'Honor, stay here and keep watch while the others select the best share of the loot'. There's a reason I always end shore leave broke" Realising what he said, and not wanting to give anyone the chance to retort, he continued "And it isn't because of all the drinking and women. Both are cheap in bulk."

drack
2012-05-28, 10:08 AM
Altarm laughs with genuine myrth as his skin darken and his hair continues to writhe in the waters making him appear as frightful as any sea monster. Honestly Altarm loved his crew. why there wasn't group of men in the world better suited to his ideal of the pirate's life. Then again that could have jut meant they were nut ceases, but that particular thought had yet to occur to Altarm. "There'll be loot for everyone, though at the moment I fer I'm counting more on a few basic supplies that we lack. Namely firewood and something we can eat, because I for one haven't seen any fish small enough to catch in these water so far." As he said this he hopped that this wasn't just his eyes. Perhaps when he was young they were good, but nowadays he had to squint jut to read, and all this green murk wasn't helping. :smallmad:

riccaru
2012-05-28, 10:38 AM
Alana starts quickly walking down to the holding cell with Merle as she casts a glance backward to Honor. "Well, as long as you're offering to stay here, I suppose I'll be going to help Merle."

A nearly a minute after Merle arrives at the cell, Alana comes up behind him. "Don't we all wish we could just float off."

Azoth
2012-05-28, 10:46 AM
Amon smirked at Honor as he turned and let his wings flutter slightly. As they settled back into place, he began to walk. Relax Honor, not all of us are resigned to the simplicity of watch. I am certain, you will find your spoils...and then loose them in a gully wench's charms].

The thought of death only minorly bothered Amon. It was something he had encountered before, but had little desire to face again. Perhaps under the deck their new acquisition would be empty, save a few choice items that could be worth something. Even if not outrightly valuable...stupid nobles always pay well for lost art.

Demidos
2012-05-28, 11:28 AM
As Alana, Merle, (and Amon?) walk down into the now almost-empty bulkhead, slimy water sloshing about their feet, they see the front portion of a large ship, crushed off from the back by the weight and strength of the door to the vault in which they now stand. Directly facing them is a rotting figurehead, a winged serpent with a snarling mouth. A few fish flop around on the ground, slowly suffocating. Myriad other small sea creatures, anemones and the like -- even a small jellyfish -- swim in the rapidly lowering water. You see nothing moving in the ship itself.

You guys have all played before...when exploring something new, make checks.
Spot, Listen, plus any others you want to use (search, move silently, etc)

Cassus
2012-05-28, 01:40 PM
"Anyone can float off down here," the raven's harsh laughter echoed in the empty space. "I've just got the trick of floating back!" Its beak snapped shut abruptly.

Merle's voice whispered into his companions' minds. I will go scout ahead for any significant dangers. His form faded from view, raven and all.
Now invisible, the hulking figure advanced into the ship. The bright eyes beneath his hood stabbed at the surrounding darkness.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Merle has Darkvision, Low-light vision, and Blindsense. After checking the wreck for any obvious dangers (imminent collapse, hungry dragon zombies, etc), he goes back and does a thorough Search, taking 20 for a result of 29 and using his Knowledges to interpret whatever he finds.

weckar
2012-05-28, 01:41 PM
Genchi, who has thus far remained quiet, is high up in the riggings of the necromantic ship. Riggings like none he has seen or felt before. An experience. With the noise going on below, he remains silent: Something feels off. Not like off in the sense of sailing under the surface, but off as the strange green cracklings and odd currents around him. He stares up into the water, and tries to make sense of it all.

I'll roll an arcana and nature check. Use whichever applies more.
A: [roll0]
N: [roll1]

riccaru
2012-05-28, 03:43 PM
Alana is ready for the things that await below, having read of the monsters many times. She readies an action to cast a spell if she sees something dangerous.

Listen[roll0]
Spot[roll1]
Knowledge (Arcana) for the figurehead [roll2]
Knowledge (Planes) for figurehead [roll3]

Azoth
2012-05-28, 06:41 PM
Amon takes a shallow breath as he slips into a prepaired stance. Using the natural darkness to his advantage. He keeps an eye and ear out as he moves about the wreckage. He will worry more about a thorogh search once the ship has been deemed safe and clear of threats. Using his wings to keep himself off of the ground and deck where space will allow it he moves about and through the wreckage carefully.

Flying 6in off the ground where he can.
Amon has low light vision
Child of Shadows stance. 20% miss chance as long as I move.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
To save time rolling my knowledges as one since they all have the same modifier. If you prefer specific ones please let me know which ones.
Knowledge [roll2]

theterran
2012-05-29, 06:40 AM
Stretching, Jarrad appears on deck.

"Have I missed anything? Are we even there yet?" says Jarrad in a half yawn.

Demidos
2012-05-29, 06:40 PM
"Anyone can float off down here," the raven's harsh laughter echoed in the empty space. "I've just got the trick of floating back!" Its beak snapped shut abruptly.

Merle's voice whispered into his companions' minds. I will go scout ahead for any significant dangers. His form faded from view, raven and all.
Now invisible, the hulking figure advanced into the ship. The bright eyes beneath his hood stabbed at the surrounding darkness.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Merle has Darkvision, Low-light vision, and Blindsense. After checking the wreck for any obvious dangers (imminent collapse, hungry dragon zombies, etc), he goes back and does a thorough Search, taking 20 for a result of 29 and using his Knowledges to interpret whatever he finds.

Merle sees no obvious dangers, just a few chests strewn about with the lids half off. The inside of the ship appears relatively unmarked except by the large patches of seaweed and fungi growing in various places, some of it glowing.
Search will take a while. Knowledge, Nature please.

Genchi, who has thus far remained quiet, is high up in the riggings of the necromantic ship. Riggings like none he has seen or felt before. An experience. With the noise going on below, he remains silent: Something feels off. Not like off in the sense of sailing under the surface, but off as the strange green cracklings and odd currents around him. He stares up into the water, and tries to make sense of it all.

I'll roll an arcana and nature check. Use whichever applies more.
A: [roll0]
N: [roll1]

Nature does. Its a phenomenon common to this area, a harmless lightning that plays about ships. Real World Analog: St. Elmo's fire

Alana is ready for the things that await below, having read of the monsters many times. She readies an action to cast a spell if she sees something dangerous.

Listen[roll0]
Spot[roll1]
Knowledge (Arcana) for the figurehead [roll2]
Knowledge (Planes) for figurehead [roll3]

Alana hears her own breathing and sees darkness. The figurehead...make a Knowledge (History) check

Amon takes a shallow breath as he slips into a prepaired stance. Using the natural darkness to his advantage. He keeps an eye and ear out as he moves about the wreckage. He will worry more about a thorogh search once the ship has been deemed safe and clear of threats. Using his wings to keep himself off of the ground and deck where space will allow it he moves about and through the wreckage carefully.

Flying 6in off the ground where he can.
Amon has low light vision
Child of Shadows stance. 20% miss chance as long as I move.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
To save time rolling my knowledges as one since they all have the same modifier. If you prefer specific ones please let me know which ones.
Knowledge [roll2]

Merle sees no obvious dangers, just a few chests strewn about with the lids half off. The inside of the ship appears relatively unmarked except by the large patches of seaweed and fungi growing in various places, some of it glowing.
[SPOILER]Knowledge, Nature please.

Blunt throws up his arms and storms below decks.

Azoth
2012-05-29, 09:25 PM
Rolling knowledge nature
[roll0]

drack
2012-05-29, 09:32 PM

I fear we have eaten another ship. Would you like to help splinter it for lumber and carry it into the hold? I figure we should grab a few while we have the chance, but before they're splintered they take up too much space.

Cassus
2012-05-29, 09:50 PM
Merle moved through the ship, pausing to look eagerly inside each chest. Some of the living stuff looked like it might be interesting to a few other crew members, but he'd never bothered learning about the natural world. It was all animals and plants, right? Animals and plants never gave the Leviathan, or Merle, any trouble. If something really uncanny showed up, he could always ask someone else.

Merle has no training in Knowledge:Nature. He has not adapted to life at sea. :D
Also, it looks like Azoth accidentally got a copy/paste of your response to Merle.

theterran
2012-05-30, 06:44 AM
Blunt throws up his arms and storms below decks.

"What's with him?" Jarrad asks, somewhat confused.

I fear we have eaten another ship. Would you like to help splinter it for lumber and carry it into the hold? I figure we should grab a few while we have the chance, but before they're splintered they take up too much space.

"Wow..." Jarrad comments, ...that really sounds like the opposite of something I want to do..."

Jarrad takes in the scenery, trying to discern where they are, and possibly where "Elly" might be. (Elly is his AC)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] (Why Not :smallbiggrin:)

drack
2012-05-30, 09:06 AM
Stroking his elegant purple mustache, Altarm replies "Yes, you would much rather stay topside and await whatever horrors plague the ring of fire that have doomed all these ships before us. Undead dragon sea monsters that devour ships and what not."

weckar
2012-05-30, 03:02 PM
Nothing too unusual going on here.

Genchi lets out an audible sigh. Or, at least, it would be audible if everyone wasn't apparently excited about something happening below-decks and was nowhere near him.

For a ship this unique, we've been doing a suspicious lot of common salvaging. Really, if anything would be going on we wouldn't even know; can't see storms brewing from down here.

He continues this train of thought as he swings down the riggings of the ship, in no particular hurry.

Demidos
2012-05-31, 12:43 AM
Azoth and Merle both notice the moss inside the chests at the same time, just as it begins to pulse and then explodes, sending forth a shower of spores.

Reflex Saves

Azoth

In the split second before it puffs forth, Azoth recognizes it as a rare kind of fungus that is rarely seen. It exhales spores in a cloud about it when it senses nearby movement so as to incapicate it, letting the tiny creatures under it attack the creature, therefore allowing both to feed on the blood and guts of the killed creature.
OOC: Due to your recognizing of the plant, add a +5 to your reflex save

Merle
A plant just attacked you. With your eagle eyes, you can spot small shapes beginning to move underneath it, doubtless alerted by the spore spraying.
OOC: Nah, you were both in the boat, i figured you saw similar things

SecondRevan
2012-05-31, 02:30 AM
"I take it back. I have no problems staying on watch while the others salvage" Honor said as he heard the explosion, forgetting the times he had said the opposite during other eventful expeditions.

His bow quickly came to his hand, and he quickly notched an arrow and proceeded to the entrance to below decks. "Do you need us to come down there and help?"

Azoth
2012-05-31, 02:49 AM
Amon raises a sleeve over his face as he uses his wing to puch himself back away from the spore cloud.
Reflex save [roll0]

weckar
2012-05-31, 04:27 AM
Having made his way down, Genchi approaches Altarm. He addresses him respectfully if a little agitatedly.

"Whatever is going on down here, will it take long? You know I don't like to stay under any longer than a bird would want to."

He looks up to the waters above, and sighs.

"Or a dolphin, for that matter."

With a longing to see the skies clearly on his face, he lies down on his back on the deck.

drack
2012-05-31, 06:42 AM
Altarm replies merrily that they are merely salvaging a ship to replenish our wood stores, and that there shouldn't be much danger... Hopefully. :smalltongue:

theterran
2012-05-31, 06:58 AM
Stroking his elegant purple mustache, Altarm replies "Yes, you would much rather stay topside and await whatever horrors plague the ring of fire that have doomed all these ships before us. Undead dragon sea monsters that devour ships and what not."

"Undead dragon sea monsters...devouring ships..." Jarrad repeats as he smirks, looking around at the ship.

"Are you sure you're not talking about us?"

drack
2012-05-31, 07:06 AM
Now an elderly Orc lady Altarm replies suspiciously "We're not on a dragon, and she lacks the ability to attack properly even if we did come across another of her kin."

Cassus
2012-05-31, 09:58 AM
In one of mother nature's fits of poetic justice, Merle was almost immediately assaulted by a plant. He twitched back from the spray reflexively. The crow on his shoulder fell backwards, clinging by one claw so that it wound up hanging behind his back.

A moment later, Merle realized he didn't need to do that. Plants really coudn't harm him.
Reflex save: [roll0]

riccaru
2012-05-31, 11:36 AM
Throwing caution to the wind in the new exploding circumstances Alana runs toward the demolished ship where she hopes to find more than a smear of her allies. "What's going on!?"

Demidos
2012-05-31, 07:28 PM
Okay. So this is how the mechanics work. The reflex save entitles you to hold your breath (Merle....i think youre insubstantial, so it shouldnt affect you. Are you? (I realize you're immune due to undead) After that, you make a fort save every round. If youre attacked and need to breathe, make a concentration check of 10+damage dealt to keep holding your breath. Alana, you can take a breath before going in.

Alana, Merle, and Azoth:
From the chest, from under the fungus, burst thousands of tiny worms. A single worm resembles a thumb-sized normal worm, except that it is carapaced in gleaming black with ruby-red stripes, and sports a razor mouth.
Initiative!
Worms [roll0]

riccaru
2012-05-31, 07:49 PM
Alana freezes for a split second as she sees what's happening to the others. Then she rolls for initiative!

[roll0]

Cassus
2012-05-31, 08:12 PM
It took Merle a moment to realize that the worms were actually trying to hurt him. The raven clawed its way back into position and began laughing raucously.

Initiative![roll0]

Azoth
2012-05-31, 10:40 PM
Amon really wished he had prepaired for this and brought along a giant fly swatter. He readied himself to squash these annoying insects.
Initiative: [roll0]

theterran
2012-06-04, 06:49 AM
Now an elderly Orc lady Altarm replies suspiciously "We're not on a dragon, and she lacks the ability to attack properly even if we did come across another of her kin."

"Hmph...did you not just state that we had eaten another ship? And is this ship not undead? To me it seems like we fit the bill pretty well."

drack
2012-06-04, 07:29 AM
Altarm grunts in reply as a harsh scar forms over his right eye.

weckar
2012-06-04, 10:24 AM
"We are the dragon, yet we are not the dragon. It's all very simple."
Genchi, in an effort to entertain himself, starts to deliberately try and confuse Jarrad.
"Though, whether it is undead or simply not-quite-living is up for debate, of course."

riccaru
2012-06-04, 11:12 AM
Alana casts up an Invisible Wind Wall between herself and the worms, covering the entire entrance to the demolished ship so the worms can't fly through it.
"Come to me! There's an invisible wall to block them!" she yells to the others.

Demidos
2012-06-04, 02:12 PM
The worms writhe out of their rotting home, piling atop the two pirates within the carcass of a ship. Finding that they pass through one, they move, with almost a fiendish intelligence, to engulf the other, red eyes gleaming.

Damage: [roll0] (Swarm)
DC 18 Fortitude save vs Nauseation

Cassus
2012-06-04, 05:14 PM
The hawk leaned over and pecked at Merle's hooded head. Twice. Oh, right, Amon.
Merle drifted towards the struggle, lifting his robed arms like a priest giving a benediction. Flames rushed out of the sleeves, forming into two spheres of fire, one above each arm. His crow and one-eyed hawk each squinted at the writhing mass, then pecked at a sphere. The fireballs slammed into the insects, chipping the soaked wood beneath them.

The crow laughed. "This way! This way! Get away if you can and pull them through Merle!" More fireballs were already thumping into existence, casting a lurid light on the battlefield.

Full-round: Attack! Attack! Attack!
#1: [roll0] to hit Touch AC for [roll1] bludgeoning and 10 fire damage.
#2: [roll2] to hit Touch AC for [roll3] bludgeoning and 10 fire damage.

Azoth
2012-06-05, 12:56 AM
fort vs Nausea DC18: [roll0]
Concentration to hold breath DC22: [roll1]

Amon groans in pain as the bugs crawl over him. He unfurls his wings as he takes to the sky before attempting to retreat to safety.

Move Action: use 10ft of movement to fly 5ft off the ground, then turn and fly back towards the windwall and safety.
(God...do I hate swarms!)

theterran
2012-06-05, 06:44 AM
Jarrad turns to Genchi.

"I consider myself somewhat of an expert on matters of nature, life, and death. And there is nothing that I would classify as 'not-quite-living'. There is a definite line between life and death, it's not a gray area. Undeath, on the other hand, can be rather unwholesome, though on this ship you see a lot of it, so you get used to it. Besides, nature has a way of 'reusing' the empty shells that are left after something dies, Altarm just 'reuses' them in a way that is more beneficial to us." says Jarrad smiling.

"After all, it's not like we're using intelligent undead, which is something more...reprehensible..."

weckar
2012-06-05, 08:32 AM
Genchi, surprised to have met his match in Jarrad, sits up.
"Touché dear druid, touché... Personally I find the distinction between life and death mostly a trivial one. The elemental composition barely changes, after all. Do not misunderstand, there is a notable difference, but no such difference I can feel between death and undeath."

With these words he closes his eyes, and the realization that even though the three beings on deck had similar powers they were obtained most differently dawns on him. Awareness is what Genchi thrived on. To order his mind in the face of this competition, he enters a meditative state.

Sense Elements (Sp). Until disturbed. Focus fire. 8 Rounds primary focus for maximum distance (45ft.). Then taking 20 on relevant spellcraft checks while possible, starting with the smallest objects in range.

drack
2012-06-05, 08:50 AM
Running a hand through her hair the Orkish lady suddenly seems to reigns her youth. "Countless specters and ghosts roam the world through nature's course." Her heavy orkish accent makes the words seem harsh and sharp. "Just as the druids call rain when it would not rain, or forcibly change one animal to another to suit their purposes, so do I change death surrounding these creatures to aid our cause. Intelligent or not it is the way of the world."

SecondRevan
2012-06-05, 10:08 PM
Unable to hear a response from his call, Honor instead decided to stay up with everyone else. It was unlikely there would be anything dangerous happening down there.

Instead, he tried to ignore the discussion of undeath that the others were currently enthralled in. Honor was knowledgable in magic, but only as a tool for infiltration. He hadn't been taught more than that, and he most certainly didn't want to be taught more than that. Especially when it came to the undead. He could live with them, especially when they were giant mindless boats, but he had no need to go out of his way to raise the dead.

"Now, as a person who couldn't cast a spell if it would get me laid, and you know the lengths I will go to to get laid, what is it about the definition of undeath that you all find so fascinating that it is more interesting to talk about than, I dunno, the fact that we are currently underwater and exploring one of the most mysterious places in the seas" Honor said, lying about his magical knowledge as he returned to his post to look for anything dangerous.

Spot check just in case. [roll0]

theterran
2012-06-07, 02:40 PM
"I'm not fascinated by the undead by any stretch of the imagination. I was simply drawing a correlation between this "undead dragon that swallows ships" that everyone seems to keep talking about and the fact that we are on a ship, that happens to be an undead creature, that just swallowed a ship...

The conversation spiraled quickly down the path of undead from that point...for whatever reason."

Jarrad continues looking in the water for Elly...

[roll0]

"She must be around here somewhere..."

Jarrad shakes his head...

"Probably hunting for food..." he mumbles to himself...

Demidos
2012-06-10, 01:57 AM
As the two pirates stand, panting, on the safe side of the wind wall, the swarm buzzes, seemingly angry that they have escaped its clutches. The creatures continue buzzing in frustration, their red bodies twining and writhing on the ground. As you watch, they move back towards the crate, ignoring the ghostly pirate in their midst, spiraling into it. Inside the crate, something begins to move. Something big.

Notes:
Yes, you can take an AOO Merle :smalltongue:
The crate is 11 feet by seven.

Cassus
2012-06-10, 03:45 PM
Merle seemed even more upset about being ignored than he had about the creatures' attack. He flung one of his fireballs in a defiant gesture as they went by. The crow shouted after them. "Cowards! Insects! Come baaack!"

The bugs refused to answer its taunts, though. So the cloaked figure shifted deeper into the ship, positioning himself as far from the others as he could get without cutting through walls. Then Merle spoke. In a rasping, deep voice filled with subtle harmonics, "Come to meeee." He held out his arms. More fireballs were forming.

Free: (AoO) [roll0] vs Touch AC for [roll1] bludgeoning + 10 fire damage.
Move: up to 40' towards a point distant from the "entrance" where the others are.
Standard: Creature makes a Will save DC 24 or moves its maximum speed towards Merle (preferably entering his space), provoking attacks of opportunity normally. It can take no other actions during this turn.

Demidos
2012-06-12, 05:58 PM
The crate shakes, as if something inside is moving, and then, in a shower of shards, it breaks apart into a hail of wooden shards. As the windwall shoves the shards aside, you get your first look at what was inside, below the moss. The preserved remains of a rhino stand there -- but inside its skin, countless small shapes wriggle, giving it the impression of standing under a giant wind, with its flesh rippling. Long dead eye sockets gaze at you as it shakes itself, and then charges forward, dashing its way through the windwall, straight at Alanna. In the meantime, two more, then three of the crates starts shaking slightly as worms pour out.

Rhinoceros:
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

riccaru
2012-06-12, 08:04 PM
The crate shakes, as if something inside is moving, and then, in a shower of shards, it breaks apart into a hail of wooden shards. As the windwall shoves the shards aside, you get your first look at what was inside, below the moss. The preserved remains of a rhino stand there -- but inside its skin, countless small shapes wriggle, giving it the impression of standing under a giant wind, with its flesh rippling. Long dead eye sockets gaze at you as it shakes itself, and then charges forward, dashing its way through the windwall, straight at Alanna. In the meantime, two more, then three of the crates starts shaking slightly as worms pour out.

Rhinoceros:
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Alana barely jumps out of the way of the charging beast through years of practice and divine help. As she passes it she turns her head, finally seeing what it was and muttering under her breath about undead before releasing her vector arrows (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228402) at the beast.

Vector arrows deal 1d8+1 piercing or slashing and the rhino needs a dc 19 reflex save to avoid it.

Damage:[roll0]

Azoth
2012-06-13, 12:53 AM
Amon sees the beast as it barely misses Alana.
free action knowledge check for knowledge devotion [roll0] so +2 to hit/damage

He flies over the creature's head before striking at it with a kick.
move action: move at least 10ft getting into position
This trigers Child of Shadow so I have a 20% miss chance
Standard action: Diamond Nightmare blade strike
If my concentration check beats the AC of the rhino and my attack hits I deal 2x normal damage. If it fails my attack takes -2 to hit.
Concentration check [roll1]

Azoth
2012-06-13, 03:59 AM
(Rolls to hit and damage)
sucess: [roll0]
Sucess damage: [roll1] whoops was supposed to be +4 not +2 so damage should be [ 16 ]
Failure: [roll2]
Failure damage [roll3]

Cassus
2012-06-13, 07:10 PM
Merle was frustrated. The creatures (creature?) were harmless, true, but they were ignoring him! Even when he did the voice trick! This would not stand. He swooped towards them like some kind of giant bat, cloak fluttering. This time, when he flung his fireball he followed it in, settling down on top of the strange beast. The sounds of ripping and tearing came from inside his robe.

Standard: Launch a fireball! [roll0] to hit for [roll1] bludgeoning and 10 fire damage.
Move: Move into the creature's space (or part of it). Creature takes [roll2] damage and 10 fire damage for sharing a space with Merle (the first weapon listed on his sheet).

Demidos
2012-07-17, 02:42 PM
The beast shuddered, obviously knocked off balance. Meanwhile, the second one charged at Alana. As the first beast recovered, its dead eye sockets glaring at the ghost marlevolently, it turned and reared at Amon with its sharpened horn.

The second part assuming Amon is within reach (do you have flyby attack?). Otherwise, it attacks Alana
Charging beast ( beast 2 (vs Alana))
[roll0]
[roll1]

Already outside of the windwall beast (beast 1 (vs Amon))
[roll2]
[roll3]

Demidos
2012-07-17, 02:43 PM
Crit Confirmation
[roll0]
[roll1]

Cassus
2012-08-06, 08:58 PM
"Now you see me!" the crow on Merle's shoulder shrieked, spitting another fireball. Merle's hooded form moved silently in the direction of the bird's angry beak. Soon he engulfed the creature again. Bits of monster splattered from beneath his robe like dandruff.

Fireball: [roll0] to hit for [roll1] plus 10 fire damage.
Engulf deals [roll2] plus 10 fire damage, plus the other side-effects listed under "special properties" on his sheet.

drack
2012-08-31, 06:40 PM
Up above deck Altarm commands the great craft to gently sway around a large mast. While it likely could have crushed it, it may have damaged the hull, and in these waters he wasn't too keen on the idea. Idly he keeps an eye out for giant sea monsters [roll0]