PDA

View Full Version : Some Help Player Dropped the Campaign

Twogunkid
2012-05-27, 09:14 PM
So I'm running a 3.5 campaign, and the party thief can't make the sessions. Can't blame him, he has quite the commute. That being said the party has backup rogue sheets for PC death. Not too big a deal when the campaign is at level 3. However as noone wants to die, my pcs were curious. Besides outroleplaying a trap, what other methods can they use to avoid detect/disarm those nasty dungeon devices. Or as a DM should I do something along the lines of offering them a semiuseless rogue who will check when commanded be generally unlikable and demand a share of the loot?

I am a fairly experienced DM, having done it 9 years now. I've delt with magicless, tankless, and even clericless parties, but never thiefless. Advice is welcome.

Invader
2012-05-27, 09:30 PM
Do you think the group will be missing out on a lot if good role play/action by not having locks and traps in the campaign? If so then design them around the other PC's magic locks, riddles for intelligent characters, stone traps dwarves might notice etc.

Twogunkid
2012-05-27, 09:36 PM
Do you think the group will be missing out on a lot if good role play/action by not having locks and traps in the campaign? If so then design them around the other PC's magic locks, riddles for intelligent characters, stone traps dwarves might notice etc.

That's clever. It will make the Dwarf Fighter feel far more valuble. I like puzzle and riddle traps too. Though I've played with some of these guys for ages so they have heard most of mine.

Invader
2012-05-27, 09:42 PM
There was a thread started not to long ago titled "traps are a trap" that had a lot of good ideas in it, you should look there as I'm sure you'd find something useful.

Unusual Muse
2012-05-27, 10:15 PM
Between the Cleric and the Wizard, they should have it covered. Cleric casts Find Traps; Summon Monster I is a great way of dealing with said traps (oh, those poor celestial monkeys...) :smallsmile:

White_Drake
2012-05-27, 10:31 PM
If you won 't mind being later forced to eat it, Grimtooth's Wurst Traps is an excellent source for that sort of thing.