PDA

View Full Version : Half-Giant Template PEACH

White_Drake
2012-05-28, 01:16 AM
I wanted Half-Giant to be a template, not a race, and here's what I got (I don't like psionics.)

The Half-Giant Template
“Half-Giant” is an inherited template that can be added to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The Half-Giant uses all of the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to giant. Size is unchanged. Do not recalculate hit dice, skill points, base attack bonus, or saves.
Special Qualities: A Half-Giant retains all the special qualities of the base creature, plus low-light vision, fire acclimated and powerful build.
Elemental Acclimation (Ex): Half-Giants have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and effects corresponding to one element based on the variety of giant (see below).
Giant Variety/Acclimation
Cloud / Electricity
Fire / Fire
Frost / Cold
Hill / Acid
Stone / Acid
Storm / Electricity
Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of Half-Giants lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a Half-Giant is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as grapple, bull rush, and trip attempts), the Half-Giant is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to the character. A Half-Giant is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Half-Giant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, the space and reach of a Half-Giant remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
Abilities: Adjust from the base creature as follows: +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Dex.
Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +1.

nonsi
2012-05-28, 02:01 AM
A shoehorned feat and very situational save bonuses don't justify LA.
Even with the stats modifiers, I'd still take human.

Manly Man
2012-05-28, 02:25 AM
A good idea would be to include other racial abilities depending on the half-giant's lineage. For example, the cloud giants would get Scent, what with the "FEE FI FO FUM" business of their parent. Maybe, after reaching eight Hit Dice or something they can use morning stars that are one size higher than their Powerful Build would suggest.