PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Badass Fighter Feats (PEACH)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-05-28, 07:27 PM
Compensating For Something (Combat)
You are blessed with great courage and determination while wielding a large weapon.

Prerequisites: Str 15, Base Attack Bonus +1.

Benefit: While wielding a two-handed weapon, you gain a +1 bonus to saving throws. This bonus increases to +2 at level 6, +3 at level 11, and +4 at level 16.

Vengeful Ferocity (Combat)
You are able to dish out punishment more efficiently when provoked.

Prerequisites: Str 13, Con 13, Base Attack Bonus +2.

Benefit: Whenever you take damage equal to at least a third of your maximum hit points from a melee attack, you can make a melee attack against the attacker.

Hero's Valour (Combat)
You fight better when faced with overwhelming odds.

Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +3.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls for every two adjacent enemies, and can make an extra attack at your highest attack bonus every round while there are at least four enemies adjacent to you.

Wargasm (Combat)
When you cripple a foe with a powerful attack, a pleasureable surge of adrenaline gives you new strength.

Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +4.

Benefit: Whenever you score a critical hit with a melee attack that deals damage equal to at least a third of your foe's maximum hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level and a +2 bonus to melee damage rolls until those temporary hit points are lost.

Bull's Eye (Combat)
When you set your eye on a foe, nothing will stop you from bringing them down.

Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +5.

Benefit: At the start of your turn, you may choose a foe. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls, and +1 bonus to combat manoeuvres, and a +1 bonus to attack rolls against that foe until the start of your next turn.

Heroic Last Stand (Combat)
When you are mortally wounded and all hope is lost, you are able to make one epic last stand before the darkness swallows you.

Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +6.

Benefit: During combat, while at fewer than half hit points, you can opt to make a Heroic Last Stand. When you do this, your hit points are brought up to maximum and you become unable to regain hit points in any way for the rest of your life. During your Heroic Last Stand, you gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls, a +2 bonus to saving throws, a +5 bonus to damage rolls, immunity to ability damage and negative levels, and at the end of each of your turns, you take 2d6 damage.

After this, you are still able to be ressurected.

DoomHat
2012-05-28, 08:10 PM
Hey, I posted something like this last night.

Though I went a few degrees crazier. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244517)

Quellian-dyrae
2012-05-28, 08:46 PM
Compensating for Something is solid. Strictly better than Luck of Heroes and the save boosters...but those aren't very good anyway.

Vengeful Ferocity...the situation where you get to use it is dire enough that I think I'd rather devote resources to making sure it doesn't happen in the first place. If one attack brought you down a third your maximum hit points, a free attack back is probably not going to be enough to turn things to your favor.

Hero's Valor is good. Somewhat situational, but if you're in the sort of campaign where you fight loads of weak foes, it goes nicely with the Cleave tree.

Wargasm is a pretty small bonus that pops up pretty unreliably. It would be decent on the right build if it applied to any crit. If it applied to any crit and the temp hit points stacked, it would be decisively good for certain builds.

Bull's Eye is solid. Not amazing, but beats Weapon Focus/Specialization.

Heroic Last Stand is spending a feat, a very limited resource, on an ability that you can only use once (I mean, unless you get resurrected frequently, but that comes with its own issues), and even then, only in a situation that you'd rather avoid. I'd just make it so you can't recover hit points for the rest of the day.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-05-28, 10:28 PM
Compensating for Something is solid. Strictly better than Luck of Heroes and the save boosters...but those aren't very good anyway.

Vengeful Ferocity...the situation where you get to use it is dire enough that I think I'd rather devote resources to making sure it doesn't happen in the first place. If one attack brought you down a third your maximum hit points, a free attack back is probably not going to be enough to turn things to your favor.

Hero's Valor is good. Somewhat situational, but if you're in the sort of campaign where you fight loads of weak foes, it goes nicely with the Cleave tree.

Wargasm is a pretty small bonus that pops up pretty unreliably. It would be decent on the right build if it applied to any crit. If it applied to any crit and the temp hit points stacked, it would be decisively good for certain builds.

Bull's Eye is solid. Not amazing, but beats Weapon Focus/Specialization.

Heroic Last Stand is spending a feat, a very limited resource, on an ability that you can only use once (I mean, unless you get resurrected frequently, but that comes with its own issues), and even then, only in a situation that you'd rather avoid. I'd just make it so you can't recover hit points for the rest of the day.

I'll keep all that in mind when I do revisions.

Also, even if Heroic Last Stand prevented healing for a day, the fighter would still certainly die, because of the damage he takes every round.

GunbladeKnight
2012-05-29, 01:12 AM
Maybe have heroic last stand something like deathless frenzy, where the fighter can continue fighter past -10 for CON modifier rounds or half HD or something like that, but can't heal?

Jane_Smith
2012-05-29, 05:39 AM
Why not make heroic stand make the fighter unable to die from negative hit points (but he still accumulates them, so he does not die at -10 hp or lower, such as -54 hp) for 3 rounds + his charisma modifier 1/day, and gains immunity to negative levels and ability damage/drain during this time.

Make it so it can only be activated if hes at 50% hp (rounded down), and at the end of the duration, he still dies/goes unconscious/whatever if his hit points are still in the negative. (So he still has to be somewhat sensible or have the cleric go all out healing on him if he wish's to survive after a close-call battle).

Do not even bother with making him immune to healing, that can be very poorly interpreted and abused - say by a vampire fighter, suddenly no healing as damage against him! (Like a crypt-soul dread necromancer with the slow healing flaw) Ontop of that, with this fix, all it does is make the fighter's death threshold be unlimited for a few rounds for a high risk of death if hes to reckless at the end of its short duration- he will still die, period, if his hp is at -10 or less. If the cleric wish's to blow a massive load of spell slots to keep the fighter from keeling over near the end, let him.