PDA

View Full Version : Becaue I found Domriso's Runemagic to be fun

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-28, 09:54 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206353

He did the most, I'm just adding runes, and a few new thing to the system. Mostly because I'm 90% sure it would be Thread Necromancy.

First up, me Elemental Runes.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13303587&postcount=42

Now, on to the stuff that was sugessted, but never made. Which Makes Me sad. And eager. And insane come to think about it. I will be admiting, might be making a few of the runes with my favoutite homwbrew classes in mind. Or in the Xenothurges case, out of it completly.

Silver spectere however, posted on the orginal, so his Ideas get Runed First. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11566259&postcount=15

After that, I'm going to take a little something from truenaming. Mostly, you want to add a meta effect? The DC increases.

Part Three will be the casters. Kinda. Mostly because it'll be for a warlock fix and the Xenothurge. Need to find a Warlock fix first...

Part four... Need the magic of Incarnum for this baby. Been looking at some of the Classes that use this over at dandwiki, might be a intresting few runes.

Part Five will be some general feats for making dem runes. Maybe a magic item or two. Defenitly have a near artifact planned.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-28, 09:55 PM
Heres the Silver Specter Ideas that never made it. Grimsaged.

Rune of Vermin Repulsion
DC 8
Common Objects; Houses, jars, anywhere you DON'T want vermin.
Description: This simple rune repels vermin. It creates a 5ft by 5ft area that Vermin cannot willingly enter.
Complex Rune; This rune can't be tied to another of the same type.
Activation; This rune is always active.

Rune of Health
DC 12
Common Objects; Amulets, Talismans, Mantles.
Description:; This rune is in high demand amonst most people who know Runesmiths who can make it. This is becaue it can be made one of two ways. There is a Home version, which causes a small family to be moderatly warded from disease, in the form of a +1 bonus to the fortitude saves aginst disease of up to five people.
The Personal version is more potent, and provides a single wearer with a +3 Bonus to fortitude saves aginst disease.
Complex Rune; The Rune can be tied to others of it's kind. For each addtional Rune of health, the Family version's maxmium amount of people affected and their bonus increases by 1. For the personal version, each time they apply it, the bonus added decreases by 1, to a minimum of 1.
Activation; This Rune is always active.

Rune of Transport
DC 12
Common Objects; Wagons, Ships, Airships
Description: When this rune is placed in a area desgined to hold cargo, it lightens the wieght of the transported goods while their in the space. This has bearing on the acutal weight of the objects, just the vechicles maximum load and encumbrance. The effective weight of the cargo is reduced by a total of 200 pounds.
Complex Runes; This rune is often tied together. Each rune tied together reduces the total effective weight of the cargo by 200 pounds.

Rune of Tirelessness
DC 28
Common Objects; This may only be applied on the skin or natural armor of a creature. Doing so does not trigger misfire with this rune.
Description: This rune increases the recovery period where the creature is to tired to do anything. The time required to improve from exhuasted to Fatigued is halved, and the time from Fatigued to normal is 1/4 the normal time. In addtion, while fatigued, the tattoed creature can preform light activity, and have it count as complete rest.
Complex Runes; This rune is one time only.
Activation; Alway active.

Rune of Climate control
DC 12
Common Objects; Buildings and public areas.
Description: This rune can be used to create a 10ft by 10ft by 10ft cube that treated as a Edure elements spell.
Complex Runes; Each time it's tied, the area increases by another 10ft by 10ft by 10ft cube.
Activation; Always active, but can be disabled or resumed. The exacted conditions are up to the person making the rune.

Rune of Smokless Food preperation
DC 16
Common Objects; Cooking Tools
Description: Remember Prestidigitation? Say hello to the Microwave version. This Rune allows you to cook enough food that you would normaly be able to cook with they type of tool your using.
Complex Runes; For each time you tie this rune together, it reduces the time you need to spend cooking by 5%, to a maximum of 70%.
Activation; This is activated when ever uncooked food is placed in the object.

Rune of Plenty
DC 22
Common Objects; Barn, Farmhouse, Post in the middle of the field.
Description; This is a farmers best rune. Passivly, it gives a +1 bonus to one farms Profession(Farmer) or profession(Rancher) checks. However, it also gives a +5 bonus on profit checks to operate a farm.
Complex Runes; As a Complex rune, it has some strange abillities. First, it can be tied together to increase the Profession checks by 1 for each rune. But when five of them have been linked, then the good luck really starts, in the form of a +1 bonus per 5 runes linked to the 1d4 roll to reinvest in the business.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-28, 09:56 PM
Metarunes must be applied when the rune is being created, and increase the runes creation DC, but not it's craft time. Only one metarune may be applied per object.

Meta Runes for Rune of Explosions.

Rune of Explosions
DC: 15
Common Objects: This rune is most commonly placed inside books and on doorways or signs. Essentially anywhere that someone is likely to read. Sometimes it is placed on shields as a tactic in battle, but this can backfire if the rune is read from afar.
Description: When read, this rune releases an explosion, engulfing those around the rune. Those within 10 feet of the runes take 1d6 points of force damage. They may make a Reflex save (DC 15) for half damage. The object that the runes are inscribed upon take full damage, and they receive no saving throw.
Complex Runes: This rune may be inscribed multiple times. Each time the damage the runes deal increases by 1d6.
Activation: This rune is activated by another creature reading it. The creature need not understand the language in order to activate the rune. It simply needs to attempt to decipher the writing, or make sense of it in some way.
Shape Explosion Metarune
Added DC; +10
Effect; Choose one of the folowing shapes; 15ft cone or 20ft line. The Rune of explosions now has that shape instead of being a normal explosion.

Delayed Explosion Metarune
Added DC; +5/round of delay
Effect; Instead of it exploding at once, you can instead have the explosion delayed for a short period of time.

Concented Explosion
Added DC; +15
Effect; The size of the explosion is smaller, but more powerful. It now deals 1d10 force damage per rune, but the radius of the explosion is only 5ft.

Energy infusion
Added DC; +10
Effect; Instead of force damage, the explsion now deals a diffrent type of energy damage. Pick one; Acid, Cold, Fire, Electricity, Sonic, Positive, Negative. The explosion now deals that type of damage.

Metarunes of Fatal Attraction

Rune of Fatal Attraction
Common Objects: This rune is almost always placed on weapons. It can technically function on other objects, but it is much less useful in that fashion.
Description: When this rune is crafted, a specific creature Origin, Type, or Keyword must be selected. Afterwards it cannot be changed. This rune provides a +1 to hit creatures of that Origin, Type, or Keyword.
Complex Runes: This rune can be tied together multiple times. Each time it is tied together, it increases the bonus to attack rolls by +1 against that specific creature type.
Activation: This rune does not need to be activated. It is constantly active.
Cutting Edge
DC Added; +15.
Effect; A Fatal attraction rune thats enhanced with this metarune tends to cut better. The weapon ignores a amount of natural armor equal to number of Runes of Fatal Attraction aginst the type of targets it's keyed to.

Seeking Edge
DC Added; +20
Effect; A Metarune of Seeking Edge, is a deadly rune. It ignores a amount of Dex bonus and Dodge bonus to AC equal to the number of Fatal attaction runes on the object aginst the type it's keyed towards.

Ghostly Edge
DC Added; +20
Effect; If the Fatal Attraction Runes are not keyed towords the Incorpral subtype, it ignores a amount of armor bonus equal to the number of fatal attraction runes keyed aginst they type of creature. If they're keyed towards the incorperal subtype, it gains (10*number of fatal attraction runes) Ghost type (5 FA runes, 50% chance that it damages incorpral targets).

Metarunes of Slaying

Rune of Slaying
Common Objects: This rune is almost always placed on weapons. While it can function on other objects, its purpose was made for tools of death.
Description: When made, a specific Origin, Type, or Keyword must be selected. This rune provides a +1d3 bonus to damage against creatures with that Origin, Type, or Keyword.
Complex Runes: This rune can be tied together multiple times. Each time provides a further +1d3 bonus to damage against that same creature.
Activation: This rune requires no special activation. It is constantly active.
Metarune Of The Social Slayer
DC Added; +10
Effect; This metarune and the runes of slaying, are rarely found on weapons. The bonus to damage is instead a bonus to social skill checks.

Metarune of pain
DC Added; +10
Effect; When the rune deals damage against the target it's keyed to, the target feels addtional pain sooting trhugh it's body. It takes a -1 penalty to attack rolls, Ac and skill checks per 2 Runes of slaying.

Metarune of the Vampire
DC Added; +25
Effect; Your healed 1/3 of the bonus damage delt.

Metarune of Savage wounds
DC Added; +20
Effect; The bonus damage from the Runes of Slaying bypasses DR and Regeneration. It also gives a penalty to fast healing equal to 1 per 5 Runes of slaying.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-28, 09:57 PM
Part 3- Crazy people and far realm siphons here for now.

First up, the Xenothurgic Runes. Mostly, because I havn't found a warlock fix yet:smallfrown:

Xenothurgic Runes
Rune of the Warp
DC; 18
Effect; By making a special rune, and imbuing it with raw warp, you do something useful. You make your self a little bit more sane, and more importantly, you can sic it on someone else. However, for every round after you feed the rune the warp, make a will save aginst your highest level breach. If you fail, it explodes. How much damage does it do? 1d10 sanity damage. If the campain does not allow insanity rules, it's untyped. This bonus allpies to your next attack.
Complex Rune; The rune can only be apllied once per object. However, the more warp points you pay, the larger the effect.
Activation; For 1 Warp point, you can charge it up to deal 1d10 sanity damage. For each extra, 2 more then the one before must be spent. (1,3,5,7 etc)

Rune of Unsanity
DC; 18
Effect; A rune of Unsanity is very simmilar to a Rune of the warp, but instead powers itself from the wearers own sanity, or whatever remains of it. At the base cost of a rise of 1d6-5 (Minium 0) to a random murmur, they can deal 1d8 sanity damage with their next attack.
Complex Rune; For every rune tied past the first, the rise to the murmur level increases by +1, and the damage increases by one die size.
Activation; Activated by increasing the murmur level as a free action.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12388331&postcount=2 Each Rune is tied to a Heriatge

Rune of Madness
DC; 18
Effect; The Rune of Madness strengthens the Warlocks Ties to abberant energy, allowing them to rip their foes minds away with ease. Their mind affecting effects have their have Dc's increased by 3.
Complex Rune; The rune can be linked up to four times. The second use of this rune ina link increases the DC bonus by 1. The Third extends the efect of any confusion effects by 2 rounds. The fourth allows the warlock to reduce their Eldritch blast damage by Xd6 to confuse the target for X rounds. X is the number of dice sacrificed +2.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-28, 09:58 PM
Here be the Inarnum! As soon as I download and read the book.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-28, 10:00 PM
FOR THE HORDE! and the feats. The alliance is not allowed.

Quick Runescribing (Metal, Flesh etc....)
Required; Craft (Revelant Skill) 12 Ranks, Skil Focus (Revelent Craft Skill).
Benifits; When scribing Runes onto the object from the relevent Craft skill, it takes 2/3 the time.
Special; If this feat is taken again for the same crafting skill, the time is reduced to 1/3. If taken a third time, the time to scribe it is reduced by a number of days equal to the ranks in the relevent craft skill, to a minimum of 1. This feat can be taken more more then one type of meterial.

Xechon
2012-05-29, 12:11 PM
Do YOU know where Dorismo went? He hasn't been working on anything lately, and he hasn't responded to my PM... hmm, I really liked his homebrew, I hope he hasn't left us for good.

Anyway, these all look good and balanced. Also, they all seem to work quite well for his geomancy system also... perhaps a merging of the two systems is in order sometime.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-29, 12:18 PM
to be honest, I found the link to the rune thing when I checked out the Runemaster homebrew thing. Don't know where the guy went, but thought I might be able to add some stuff. Giving him all credit as the creator of the system.

And thx:smallbiggrin: trying to make em blanced, but still fun. First time adding stuff on to another dudes homebrew, so I want to keep the general tone.

EdroGrimshell
2012-05-29, 03:34 PM
I talk to him on Skype every now and then, helped him with his homebrew systems every now and then. Hasn't been on in a while but he has changed his status a few times so I know he's still around. My guess is he's been busy.

Domriso
2012-05-29, 08:59 PM
Haha, I'm alive. School was just finishing up, and now I'm working, so things have been busy. I've also been focusing most of my attention on a system a friend and I am making. So, most of my other projects have been pushed to the wayside.

Glad to see people using my stuff!

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-16, 04:18 PM
First, the Elemental Armor Runes
Lesser Elemental Armor Runes(Which are all close to the same thing)
Rune of Fire(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Common Objects; Armor, or other defensive objects.
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Cold resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of Fire Damage
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the Resistence by 1, the Chance of the damage by 5% and the damage by 1.
Activation; This rune is constantly active. It requires no special action to activate it.
Special; Only one type of Elemental armor rune may be placed on a object at a time.

Rune of Ice(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Fire resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of cold Damage
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the Resistence by 1, the Chance of the damage by 5% and the damage by 1.
Activation; This rune is constantly active. It requires no special action to activate it.
Special; Only one type of Elemental armor rune may be placed on a object at a time.

Rune of Acid(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Sonic resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of Acid Damage

Rune of Noise(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Acid resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of Sonic Damage

Rune of electricity(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Force resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of electricity Damage

Rune of Force(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer electricity resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of Force Damage

Rune of Life(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Negative energy resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of Positive energy Damage

Rune of Death(Armor Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune Provides its wearer Positive energy resistence 1. There is also a 5% chance when struck, that the attacker will take 1 point of Negative energy Damage

Greater Elemental Armor Runes (The DC's to craft them are at least 10 higher, as they have to be linked to a minimum of 5 other runes)
Rune of Smouldering
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of Fire
Description; When the Fire Runes effect Triggers, the armor or object starts to glow from the blue flames. Before the cold resitence, you take half damage from cold, and creatures attacking you in melee or with natrual attacks take fire damage equal to the number of fire runes on the object. The effect lasts for 2 rounds and overlaps with itself.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Fire runes, the damage to attackers increases to 2 per fire rune.
Activation; Always Active.
Special; Only one Greater Elemental Armor Rune may be added to a object.

Rune of Frost Armor
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of IceCommon Objects; Armor, or other defensive objects.
Description; When the Ice Runes effect Triggers, the armor or object starts to grow cooler, and frost spreads across it. The armor bonus increases by +4. In addtion, the gains temporary hit points equal to the number of Ice Runes on the object. This lasts 3 rounds and overlaps with itself.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Ice runes, the armor bonus increases by +1 per 5 Ice runes, and it also grants a +2 bonus to deflection.

Rune of Corroding
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of AcidCommon Objects; Armor, or other defensive objects.
Description; When the Acid Runes effect Triggers, the attackers weapon and armor are also damaged. In addtion, they take half the damage the next round.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Acid runes, the damage lingers for another round.

Rune of Trumpeting
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of Noise
Description; When the Noise Runes effect Triggers, the attacker must make a fort save for be deafened and dazed for 1d3+(1 round/2 Noise runes). The Fort save is 10+the number of noise runes.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Noise runes, the deafening is permenant on a fail, and the daze is a stun for 1 round per 5 noise runes.

Rune of Storms
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of Electricity
Description; When the Force Runes effect Triggers, the electrical current increases the users speed. They gain a +3 dodge bonus to AC, and a +1 bonus on attack rolls.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Electricity runes, they start moving much, much faster. When it triggers, their base land speed increases by 30ft, and they gain a +2 bonus on Reflex saving throws.

Rune of Fus-Roh
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of Force
Description; When the Force Runes effect Triggers, the force damage blasts them back. Treat as a bullrush that has a bonus equal to the number of force runes, and the wearer does not move.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Force runes, the attacker being subjected to the bullrush has to also make a reflex save with a DC of 10+Number of Force runes or be knocked prone.

Rune of Lifewarding
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of LifeCommon Objects; Armor, or other defensive objects.
Description; When the Life Runes effect Triggers, the wearer is delt Xd3 positive energy damage. X equals the number of Life Runes the object has.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Life runes, the Triggered effect also gives thema deathward effect for 10 rounds. It overlaps with itself.

Rune of The Grave
DC; 24. Requires that there are 5 Lesser Elemental Armor Runes of Death
Description; When the Death Runes effect Triggers, the wearer is delt Xd3 Negative energy damage. X equals the number of Life Runes the object has.
Complex Runes; If the Greater Rune is linked to at least 15 Lesser Life runes, the Triggered effect also gives them a Lifeward effect for 10 rounds. It overlaps with itself.

Now, the Elemental Weapons Runes.
Lesser
Rune of Fire(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Common Objects; Weapons, or other offensive objects..
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 fire damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus fire damage by +1.
Special; Only one type of Elemental weapon rune may be placed on a object at a time.

Rune of Ice(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 Cold damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus Cold damage by +1.
Special; Only one type of Elemental weapon rune may be placed on a object at a time.

Rune of Acid(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 acid damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus acid damage by +1.

Rune of Noise(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 sonic damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus sonic damage by +1.

Rune of Electricity(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 electricity damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus electricity damage by +1.

Rune of Force(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 force damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus force damage by +1.

Rune of Life(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 positive energy damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus positive energy damage by +1.

Rune of Death(Weapon Version)
DC; 16
Description; This Rune provides a bonus of +1 Negative energy damage.
Complex Runes; Each addtionional Rune linked, increases the bonus negative energy damage by +1.
Greater Weapon Runes
Rune of the Volcano
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Fire Runes)
Description; On critical hits, this rune provides bonus fire damage equal to Five times the Number of Fire Runes on the object.
Complex Runes; For every Five Linked lesser Fire runes, the Rune of the Volcano increases the critical range by 1.
Special; Only one Greater Elemental weapon rune may be placed on a object at a time.

Rune of Rime
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Ice Runes)
Description; This rune numbs the flesh of targets it strikes. When a weapon weapon with this rune deals damage, the target takes a -1 penalty to AC for every 3 Ice Runes.
Complex Runes; For every Five Linked lesser Ice runes, the Rune of Rime also slows the target for 1 round (5 lesser runes of ice=1 round. 10=2).
Special; Only one Greater Elemental weapon rune may be placed on a object at a time.

Rune of Venom
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Acid Runes)
Description; Whena Weapon with this Rune deals damage to a creature, they are subjected to a insidous venom. The Fort save is (10+ number of lesser acid runes+ saves agianst the venom). The venom starts by dealing 1d2 acid damage, and each round deals acid damage of one die higher. Each round, the creature can make a fortitude saving throw to supress the venom for that round. The Venom lasts for 10 rounds, and stacks with itself.
Complex Runes; For every Five Linked lesser Acid Runes runes, the Venom starts one die higher.

Rune of the Banshee
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Noise Runes)
Description; This rune is... loud. Whenever a weapon with this rune damages a enemy, they're also subject to a sound burst effect that only affects them. The Save DC is 10+Number of Noise Runes.
Complex Runes; You may give up the sonic burst, the bonus sonic damage and your strength modifer to your damage roll to instead project the blade as a sonic wave. This is a melee attack, but with a reach of (Your reach+ 5ft per 5 lesser noise runes). Using the rune like this is a standard action, and deals slashing or bludgeoning damage.

Rune of the Tempest
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Electricity Runes)
Description; Your rune feels the need for speed! When you make a full attack with a weapon with this rune on it, your critical range increases by 2, and your critical multiplier increases by 1.
Complex Runes; Whenever you make a full attack, you may make one addtional attack at your lowest BAB. For every 5 lesser electricity runes, you may make a addtional attack at your lowest BAB.

Rune of Gravitaic Force
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Force Runes)
Description; This rune makes things seem heavier... And the weapon this rune is attached to does damage as if it was one size bigger.
Complex Runes; For every 5 lesser force runes past the required to craft this rune, the weapon is treated as one size larger. This stacks with the normal bonus,

Rune of The Lifewarden
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Life Runes)
Description; This rune makes the weapon it's attached to bloom with positive energy. Instead of dealing physical damage, the weapon now deals positive energy damage.
Complex Runes; It's such as positive outlook on life... For every 5 lesser life runes, the weapon gives it's wielder a +1 floating morale bonus that they can reasign 1/day.

Rune of The Reaper
DC; 24 (Requires 5 Lesser Death Runes)
Description; Why is the rune a gateway to pure darkness? The weapon this rune is attached to becomes replaced with negative energy. Instead of physical damage, it now deals Negative energy damage.
Complex Runes; For every 5 lesser death runes, this rune unleashs something nasty. A penalty to healing! -2 penalty to amount healed per 5 lesser death runes. A fort save of 10+# of lesser death runes or a lesser restoration effect removes this affliction.

Non-Elemental Runes-

Rune of The Vampire
DC; 30
Description; A Rune that allows the wielder to drain the vitality of those struck. Whenever the weapon deals damage, it heals it's wielder for half the damage delt.
Complex Runes; There Can only be one Rune of the Vampire per weapon.

[B]Rune of Warding
DC; 18
Common Objects; Armor
Description; This is a rune that increases the armor bonus of a peice of armor. The Armor bonus is increased by 2.
Complex Runes; Each addtional rune increases the armor bonus by 1.