PDA

View Full Version : Grapple build ideas/help

Tegannie
2012-05-29, 12:22 PM
I have a character concept I'm not quite sure how to build in D&D. It worked really well in the game I originally built her in (a steampunk RPG called Tephra), but I don't know if she'll work very well in D&D 3.5

Basically, she grabs people's hands, jumps on them, wraping her legs around their waist or legs, then either headbutts (she has horns on her head) them or stabs them with a dagger.

In her original game, she's a satyr.

Do you, playground, have any advise on how to make this in D&D 3.5. I don't have a game to play her in or anything, I just want to see if it can be done well.

My thought were:
Class levels in monk and rogue for improved unarmed damage, improved grapple, and sneak attacks
maybe have her be a satyr, but that takes up a lot of levels with monster HD and LA

Kelb_Panthera
2012-05-29, 12:26 PM
I don't remeber the name of it, but there's a tactical feat in CW that lets you climb on a creature up to two sizes larger than you, rather than the usual three. It comes with a couple other goodies too.

Urpriest
2012-05-29, 12:30 PM
I think the basic question to be asked here, is what do you view this as besides simply a character dealing damage in a grapple? She grapples enemies, then attacks them either unarmed or with a weapon. Do you feel that that captures the fighting style, or is there some aspect that you feel it misses? If that's enough then all we need is a decent grapple build, possibly with some weapon use. If there's something more specific you want to simulate, though then we need to think a bit harder.

King Atticus
2012-05-29, 01:38 PM
Check out the Black Blood Cultist Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870826/Black_Blood_Cultist_Handbook:_A_Grapplers_Manual), damage during a grapple is pretty much her shtick.

Person_Man
2012-05-29, 03:55 PM
This can be accomplished with any Grapple build using the standard rules. Grapple, then attack with an unarmed strike or weapon.

I would suggest a Totemist, since they're excellent at Grappling and have a strong nature them. But anything that increases your size or effective size (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777) will work fine. Psychic Warrior is popular for this thanks to the Expansion power. But it can be accomplished dozens of different ways.