PDA

View Full Version : Agents of the Twelve IC

Madcrafter
2012-05-29, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the Agents of the Twelve IC Thread
And a link to the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13300618#post13300618)

Oaen: At some point during the last month, you received a letter, inviting you to meet with a Medani representative at the Twelve in Korth about a potential job offer. The letter came as a bit of a surprise to you , and no one you've asked says they put in a word or application on your behalf. Your superiors in the Trust urged you to go however, and to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Erik: At some point during the last month, you received a letter, inviting you to meet with a Medani representative at the Twelve in Korth about a potential job offer. Being a scion of House Deneith, the assignment came as no surprise to you, though the letter did mention helping out an old acquaintance.

Jettic: At some point during the last month, you received a letter, inviting you to meet with a Medani representative at the Twelve in Korth about a potential job offer. The letter came as a bit of a surprise to you, though it did mention that you would be able to help out a friend of yours.

Darien: At some point during the last month, you received a letter, inviting you to meet with a Medani representative at the Twelve in Korth about a potential job offer. You know Ulisses got you this job, to try and integrate you more into the Twelve. How he found out about it you're not sure though, since he works mainly with Tharashk and Vidalis (and tends to keep away from the Medanis, for obvious reasons).

Amslade: At some point during the last month, you received a letter, inviting you to meet with a Medani representative at the Twelve in Korth about a potential job offer. You know one of the head researchers in your department had put word out that you were looking for more active assignments, and it looks like it finally happened. They were a bit surprised when you showed them the letter though; it seems no one saw fit to tell them first.

You're waiting in the anteroom to the office of Arla d'Medani, just as the letter told you to be. Her secretary's desk stands empty, but that is no surprise, since it is lunchtime. Sitting on the other upholstered chairs (or standing) are the people you met outside, though you haven't had the opportunity to talk much (the letter asked that you be quiet on the way in, lest you disturb some of the more sensitive experiments). You haven't been invited into the main office yet though, so it looks like you might have some time before the meeting starts.

The room is sparse, but what few items there are are finely crafted. Besides the chairs and desk, there is a nice painting looking over a body of water, a few side tables, and four wall lamps emitting a steady magical light. A newspaper an a few periodicals are sitting on one of the tables.

Space Lawyer
2012-05-29, 01:45 PM
Oaen lights his pipe and sits in a corner, well away from the lights. "Ah, my old friend Jettic. How many years has it been? Have you finally tired of the stultifying droning of the clerics at Flamekeep? And you, Erik d'Deneith, I hope you have kept your sword-arm strong and your mind sharp. Have any of you an idea of who this Medani is?"

Knowledge: Nobility [roll0]

packersfan
2012-05-29, 02:55 PM
I have friend. You never know when you might be called back to battle and one always must be ready to return.I was wondering too who this Medani is and what we are all here for. Must be something important. Erik than procedes to look around the room sizing up the other people prestent in the room looking tosee what there strengths and weaknesses might be incase we are all working together.

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-29, 06:16 PM
Darien sits in the secretary's desk, his feet crossed atop the table, one hand casually fidgetting with the chair's arm, the other holding a smoking cigar.
Darien is a young, slim olive-skinned fellow, wearing a red bandanna.
It looks like ya fellas know each other quite well, ya. He smirks. The name is Darien. No fancy surnames, just Darien. Guess we'll all be working together, might as well have some names to match those faces, ya.

packersfan
2012-05-29, 07:50 PM
Erik looks over at darien and as he waves the smoke from the pipe and cigar and says It looks so Darien. Well I'm. Erik of House Deneith, do you know what we might be here for?

Space Lawyer
2012-05-29, 08:05 PM
Oaen Urdwann is my name. First of Zilargo, now of the Twelve.Watch your ashes, boy, we have no idea how valuable some of these furnishings may be, and the Medani are not known for their forgiveness. He picks up one of the newspapers and begins reading.

That last roll didn't seem to work, so I'm trying again.
Knowledge: Nobility [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana (to identify Darien as draconic): [roll1]

Illithilich
2012-05-29, 08:35 PM
The years get hard to count as I keep getting older, but I can say its been too many. Meeting again marks at least one good thing on this journey, as I would rather be back at Flamekeep. I had just started researching a marvelous substance that the Church developed when I got the letter asking me to come. Sometime we should talk about how you have been doing, because when letters are a fine way to talk I find that a face to face chat with someone is always better. But not right now, after all, its not just us older gentlemen here. How are you two doing, as you heard from my old friend here, my name is Jettic, Jettic Silverblood. He extends his hand towards the two others.

packersfan
2012-05-29, 09:25 PM
standing up and accepting Jettic hand, "Its a pleasure to met you jettic. Hopefully someone with your vast amount of experience will be very beneficial to this group."

Corsair420
2012-05-29, 09:57 PM
Nervously sitting by himself is a man is just basic robes with a strange creature in his lap(most casters would probably know it was a homunculus). He speaks up timidly.

I'm Amslade, this is Peeks, I'm a bit surprised I'm here, I'm not sure why I was called, I know I was trying to find some more active assignments, so maybe that's what this is about. I'm a bit nervous though...

I proceed to pet Peeks, taking a look at everyone assembled and keeping and eye on the doors in and out of the room

Madcrafter
2012-05-30, 01:11 AM
Oaen: You have not heard of this particular scion before, but that is hardly surprising since the families are quite large and distributed.

You know that the man who introduced himself as Darien has some draconic blood in him.

Finally, the newspaper is a week and a half old, and from your brief look at it, doesn't have any stories you didn't know already.

Your conversations are suddenly interrupted as the hall door opens and a black haired half-elf strides in brusquely, followed by a man in a long coat. Her eyes quickly jump to all of you as she crosses the room and opens the office door. "See, I told you they would all be here." she says to the man as he passes into the room beyond. She turns to you all "Alright please come in. Quickly now!"

Perception DC 10:Arla seems a bit rushed, and when she crossed the room you saw her look at Oaen's pipe with some distaste.

Illithilich
2012-05-30, 05:15 AM
Perception Check :
[roll0]

Seeing that this elf seems to be in no mood for tallying, Jettic rises from his seat to follow her.

packersfan
2012-05-30, 06:02 AM
Erik rises and follows the new comers and the rest of the party

Perception check:
[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-05-30, 07:17 AM
Oaen hops down from the chair and follows into the office.

Perception: [roll0]

He puts the pipe out.

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-30, 11:32 AM
Darien grunts, throws the cigar to the floor and steps on it, reducing it to brown paste. Let's get this over with, he grumbles.
Perception roll
[roll0]

Madcrafter
2012-05-30, 02:55 PM
The office beyond is well appointed, not quite managing to be plush. There is another seascape on the wall, and some bookshelves behind a modest but solid desk. The man in the long coat has seated himself in a chair over by the wall, and there are three more arranged in front of the desk.

As the last of you enters, Arla closes the door and goes to stand in front of the bookshelves. She gestures to the chairs; "Please, take a seat."

She continues on immediately. "No doubt you are wondering why you are here." Her glance flicks over everyone, her face with an inscrutable expression. "You have all been… selected for a particular assignment of potentially great importance to a large number of people." Realizing the vagueness of this statement, she hurries on. "Suffice it to say, that your job is simple, serious, and completely secret. There is a particular artifact that needs retrieving from Xen'drik, and we have it on good authority that you probably won't be the only ones after it soon enough. Speed is therefore of the essence." She walks over to the man, who somehow produces two envelopes in his hand that he gives to her without a word. "Enclosed within the first envelope are your tickets for transport to Stormreach, as well as some letters of credit for the return trip." She puts it down on the desk in front of you. "In this one is letter of credit and meeting instructions for the jungle guide who has been contracted to help you; if you don't think you need him or can get him to work for free then consider it part of your pay instead." She places it on the desk as well.

"Are there any questions?"

Space Lawyer
2012-05-30, 04:09 PM
Oaen takes the envelopes, and puts them in his folio next to the other papers. "A bit of information on what this object is and where it is located would be helpful. I don't particularly care what it is, and what it does, beyond anything we need to know so we can safely transport it, but knowing what it looks like would helpful. If you wouldn't mind telling us who else is out for this, that would do quite well. We have the resources to make life difficult for our rivals before they ever set forth."

Corsair420
2012-05-30, 04:21 PM
from the back of the room I reply:

"um... if I might ask, why were we picked? I mean not that I'm not grateful my I don't have a lot of experience in the field... and as Mt. Urdwann asked, what exactly or we going to retrieve?

Madcrafter
2012-05-30, 04:33 PM
For secrecy reasons, I'm not to tell you what it is yet; the specifics will be waiting for you in a letter once you reach Stormreach, check the Sivis message station. However for transporting it, I can say it is around the size of..." Her eyes dart around the room settling on a small statuette on the desk "A small dog, and it will probably weigh a couple hundred pounds."

"As for which groups you might encounter, it would depend on how fast the information spreads. The Order of the Emerald Claw are an obvious possibility, and I'm sure many others would love to get their hands on it given the chance."

"I'm afraid I was not privy to the details of your selection though." She looks over at the quiet man, who does not respond. "Yours were just the names I was given."

packersfan
2012-05-30, 04:44 PM
Alright I am in if everyone else is. One last thing, is it possible for us to request supplies from the Twelve like food, horses, and potions.

Corsair420
2012-05-30, 04:47 PM
"If you cover the cost of materials I can brew just about any potion you could want, though if we can get them before we leave from them it would probably be easier."

Space Lawyer
2012-05-30, 04:59 PM
"Where does out ship leave from? We'll set out on the first lightning rail tonight. No reason to delay."

Illithilich
2012-05-30, 05:39 PM
I guess I will help, it will be good to go and do something again. I have nust two questions. What transportation are these tickets for? A boat? An airship? And also, can we assume that this relic is magical in nature?

Madcrafter
2012-05-31, 01:11 AM
Arla scoffs a bit at the last question. "What kind of relic would it be if it weren't magical?"

"As for supplies, you can pick up what you need once you get to Stormreach I would think. I'll write you a letter so they can give you a discounted rate. If I remember correctly, your ferry to Flamekeep leaves in a few hours, and from there you take the Lightning Rail to Sharn, where we've arranged an airship across the Thunder Sea."

Throughout this time she has been rummaging through different drawers in the desk, finally finding a piece of paper and pen. Finding these, she hurriedly scribbles out a note which she hands to Oaen.

Space Lawyer
2012-05-31, 06:10 AM
Oaen takes the note, glancing down at it and reading quickly before tucking it into his folio. "We'd best be off then. Though I'm sure Jettic could show us many new wonders in Flamekeep, our cause would best be served by moving quickly. If there is something we need, a message could be sent to Sharn ahead of us, so that all our supplies are prepared for us and ready to be stowed on the airship."

packersfan
2012-05-31, 06:49 AM
Noding his head in agreementI agree speed is our most valuable assest right now. As for supplise how much food are we going to get and do we want horses to come with us. I would think we need a cart sine the objecting we are looking for is going to be a few hundred pounds.

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-31, 08:58 AM
Darien grunts. Let's get moving, people. We have a job to do.

Corsair420
2012-05-31, 09:05 AM
Amslade will stay quiet and follow the crowd, he's never done this kind of stuff before, he'll do things when he needs to and stay out of peoples way

Madcrafter
2012-05-31, 01:15 PM
"Good, you're quick, just like you should be. Now that you have everything you need…" She ushers you towards the door, somewhat aggressively. The man gets up from his chair and follows everyone out to the anteroom.

"Remember, further instructions will be waiting for you in Stormreach. Have a nice trip there." She finishes the last sentence awkwardly, as if she doesn't usually wish employees good trips.

Space Lawyer
2012-05-31, 01:20 PM
Madcrafter:
What did the note say?

packersfan
2012-05-31, 01:44 PM
Walking toward the door Alright, well if you guys do not need anything or have anything to do before we leave, than shall we go to the ferry and catch our boat

Illithilich
2012-05-31, 02:12 PM
I don't have anything I need to do, I haven't been here nearly long enough this time to have things to do. And I wouldn't need to show you any wonders of Flamekeep, just the sight of it would be enough.

Space Lawyer
2012-05-31, 02:56 PM
Oaen shuffles out the door, muttering something about "uptight, cryptic...". He pulls a book out his bag, looking at a map of Khorvaire.

packersfan
2012-05-31, 04:13 PM
walking up to Oaen I agree with you friend, but this is our mission and we have to do as best we can with the information we are given. By the way, dis any of those letter happen to have information on how long with will take for use to reach the location of the artifact.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-01, 01:08 AM
I don't have anything I want to do. Let's just hit the road.

Corsair420
2012-06-01, 10:04 AM
"I'm ready to go when everyone else is"

Madcrafter
2012-06-01, 12:08 PM
After a few hours wait at the docks, you are allowed to board the ship to Flamekeep. The trip itself is quite dull as far as travel goes, with the only interesting thing to watch being Thronehold as it passes by slowly the next afternoon. A couple with an agitated baby keeps most of the other passengers in their cabins, and most of those who do show their faces abovedecks are pleasant but bland conversation. Everyone is happy when the spires of Thalingrad and massive cathedral come into view on the second morning, and after another few hours the ship finally sails around the chasm and into Flamekeep's bustling harbour.

According to your tickets, you are on the evening train to Sharn, and so have a few hours in the city if you want to do anything. Otherwise we will just continue on.

packersfan
2012-06-01, 02:24 PM
Alright well I am heading to the tavern. I will mment everyone at the station in a few hours

Corsair420
2012-06-01, 02:27 PM
Having never been here before I'll take a bit of time to see some sights, leaving myself plenty of time to meet back at the station for the next leg of the journey

Madcrafter
2012-06-02, 09:24 AM
Amslade:
You don't have much time, so you can't make a full tour, but you do get a good look at the outsides of the Cathedral and a quick one at the castle. Both are marvels of engineering, though the cathedral is much larger and nicer. Dominating the entire upper tier of the city, the buttress-studded walls appear to be covered in alabaster and are full of stained glass windows. The castle on the other hand, though taller than the cathedral, is boring grey stone. This doesn't surprise you since Thane is a theocracy.

Erik:
The tavern you find is full (despite it only being early afternoon) of mostly sailors from the north, and even what appears to be a genuine Lhazaar pirate. The ale is decent, though not extraordinary, and it is soon enough time to get to the station.

That evening, your group meets back up at the Lightning Rail station on the edge of town. The building is largest off of the main island and quite ornate; House Orien has spared little expense to make a show of their glory. The roof covering the building and platform is high and arches, with some tall windows throwing rays of evening sunlight down on the large unicorn mosaic on the floor. The station and platform are very busy, but soon enough the boarding stairs are moved up to the train cars, and everyone begins to embark.

You find yourselves a room in the seating cart, and are soon joined by an old man (who politely greets you all, pulls out a book and begins to read) and two gnomes (who both appear to be in a very bad mood). After another quarter hour, a series of loud cracks echo through the floor, signaling that the elemental has been released, and the train begins to pull out of the station.

An hour out of Flamekeep, there is some yelling from a different room, which quickly subsides. A moment later the door opens and an Orien walks in (no mistaking it, her dragonmark covers half her face) followed closely by an elf child who appears to have had her hands tied to the former's belt. The Orien lady is dressed in an official uniform, though you can see light armour underneath, and there is a sword on her belt. The elf girl is fuming rather badly, and is muttering under her breath "SurenooneeverlosestheirticketI'msureifitweresomeon eimportantI'mcertaintheywouldn'tgetthrownoffatthen ext…" before being silenced by a glare.

The woman looks at everyone. "Tickets please."

Corsair420
2012-06-02, 10:26 AM
I quickly find and hand over my ticket

Illithilich
2012-06-02, 10:35 AM
I hand her my ticket as soon as she is done with Amslade's.

packersfan
2012-06-02, 10:35 AM
Standing up and handing her his ticket and than quickly noding to the elf Is this what normaly happen to someone who has lost their ticket?

Madcrafter
2012-06-02, 11:08 AM
She takes the proffered tickets and quickly looks them over with a small dragonshard lens, and gives them back.

At Erik's question, she looks up. "We can't have stowaways taking the train for free now." while the elf pipes up "I bet they don't do that to important people."

The other passengers in the car pass their tickets to the woman as well. The old man looks decidedly uncomfortable with the situation, and tries a very lackluster encouraging smile at the girl, as if trying to apologize.

packersfan
2012-06-02, 11:14 AM
Nodding his head in approvalI understand. What if I were to pay for her ticket?

Space Lawyer
2012-06-02, 11:18 AM
Oaen hands the woman his ticket and walks over to the two gnomes. Foolish child. She is quite lucky they don't simply throw her out while the train is moving. Heading to Zilargo?

Madcrafter
2012-06-02, 01:19 PM
The Orien lady seems somewhat taken aback by this proposal. "Uh, that is fairly unusual, um... sir. Though I suppose you could. Might I suggest only purchasing a steerage ticket as a lessened penalty?" The girl's eyes widen at the idea of not getting kicked off, only slightly dimming when the downgrade is mentioned.

OOC:
A standard ticket costs 502 galifars (gp). You're pretty sure a steerage ticket is around 80.

The gnomes look up at being addressed. "Sharn." one says curtly. The other sneers at the first. "Don't snap at him brother, it was a simple question." He turns to you. "Indeed we are going to Sharn. Father managed to die at an inconvenient time, and it appears that his notarized will has gone missing. I'm afraid the sticky issue of inheritance has already made brutes of my brother and I. Though it seems so far like everything might just end up going to Boranel."

packersfan
2012-06-02, 01:29 PM
Pulling out the letter of discount Alright how much would a steerage ticket be with this

Space Lawyer
2012-06-02, 01:47 PM
Oaen looks rather shocked, trying to figure out how Erik got the letter out of his portfolio. "Ummm, yes yes. Terrible thing, arguments between brothers. Have you checked with House Sivis? They're sure to have a copy of the will." Turning to the elf child "Quite sorry, child. I'm not actually suggesting they throw you out. For what reason are you on this train?"

packersfan
2012-06-02, 02:00 PM
Seeing the look on Oaen face and than looking down at the letter in his handOh sorry wrong letter. Oaen can I get the discount letter?

Madcrafter
2012-06-02, 02:10 PM
OOC:Assuming you do actually get the right letter to her.

She looks at the letter and then at Erik with a puzzled expression. "You expect me to think that this child is suddenly related to your mission, whatever it is?"

OOC:Doesn't look like its going to work. You can roll a social skill with an argument if you'd like to convince her.

"That's just the thing! Its House Sivis that lost the will. I've never heard of them losing a document before. Ever!" the gnome responds intently. He pauses for a moment then continues uncertainly "Wait, you don't work for them, do you?"

packersfan
2012-06-02, 02:17 PM
Frowns, but than saysI guess your right, I will just pay full price he counts out the 80 gold and hands it to her Her you go this should be enough. Proceeding to look at the elf girlNow next time do not lose your ticket because there might not be someone kind enough to bail you out of trouble again

Space Lawyer
2012-06-02, 02:17 PM
"I do not, but I have a brother that does. His name is Dinskir Urdwann, and I am Oaen. I am employed by the Twelve."

Madcrafter
2012-06-02, 03:54 PM
The inspector takes the money and hands back the change (4 galifars, 8 sovereigns (silver)), then unties the elf, who proceeds to do a little kneel/bow movement accompanied by a statement in elvish. She then hands you a small object from a pocket before being led out by the Orien lady. All in all it seems to be an unusually formal thank you.

"Ah, I see. Nonetheless I doubt there is much that can be done. I'm sure Sivis has lots of people working on it. I can't imagine how embarrassed they must be. I am Fendrick by the way, and this is my brother Raelian." He points to the other gnome, who appears to be dozing on his bench.

OOC:
This isn't important now, but if anyone has any obvious organizational affiliation things (holy symbols, house insignias etc) on their person could you please let me know. Always good to know if you get recognized.

packersfan
2012-06-02, 04:02 PM
Alright, well I'm glad that's been taken care of. Erik then proceeds to examinine the gift.

Madcrafter
2012-06-02, 04:10 PM
Erik:
The item she gave you appears to be stylized skull carved out of shiny and very heavy wood. It looks like it could be easily be made into, or was once, an amulet. It is roughly two inches in diameter.

packersfan
2012-06-02, 05:49 PM
Eril sits back down and preceeds to look overr the skull

Space Lawyer
2012-06-02, 06:38 PM
Oaen gives a polite nod. "Good to meet you. If you have need of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me. I am sure that my brother would be able to help you more than I could." He turns to Erik. "What do you have there, boy?"

packersfan
2012-06-02, 06:48 PM
Looking up at Oaen[COLOR="DarkOrange"] Just a skull, totem thing the elf girl gave me. Here take a looking[COLOR] handing it to Oaen

Space Lawyer
2012-06-02, 06:57 PM
Oaen turns the skull over in his hands, peering at it closely.

Knowledge: History [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana [roll1]

Illithilich
2012-06-02, 07:28 PM
"Really? May I see as well?" Jettic asks, bending over his friend to look at it as well.
Throwing my knowledge skills in too, just in case.
Religion:[roll0]
The Planes:[roll1]
Edit: Wow, good thing a I have a high modifier, a 5 and a 3....

packersfan
2012-06-02, 10:52 PM
leaning back with a smile on his face "Ha! Never knew that the masters of the Arcana would be so intrested in a simple wooden totem.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-03, 12:53 AM
Darien stands silent while his teammates help the girl and talk among themselves. The young rake felt somewhat jealous of how they opened up to each other. It's weakness, he thinks, trying to convince himself. A man should always protect himself, using a scowl and a blade as his armor.
With a sigh, he interrupts them, smirking. Aye, fellas. It's a skull, I'm guessing you each have one as well, ya. Let's get going. I need a beer.

Madcrafter
2012-06-03, 02:43 AM
Oaen:
Based on the design and choice of material, you guess that it is probably Aerinal made, though you don't know exactly what it is. It is not magical.

Jettic:It bears a passing resemblance to a holy symbol of the Undying Court, but you don't think it actually is one.

OOC:If everyone is good to go, we can move on.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-03, 06:30 AM
Oaen takes a seat and nods off.

packersfan
2012-06-03, 08:07 AM
Hey Oaen can I get my skull back

Space Lawyer
2012-06-03, 08:21 AM
:snore:"*unintelligible murmuring*" :snore:

packersfan
2012-06-03, 08:56 AM
Leaning back against his seat and mumbles I guess I'll get it back when we reach station

Illithilich
2012-06-03, 09:52 AM
Jettic ponders the skull as he sit down next to Oaen. His thoughts are interrupted when the gnome beside him begins to snore. "Sigh. So, Erik was it? It seems that your new friend may be from farther away then she looks."

Corsair420
2012-06-03, 09:54 AM
I will just be watching the goings on, I have nothing to really add at the moment

packersfan
2012-06-03, 10:43 AM
Looking inttested What makes you say that Jettic? Do you recognise the skull for somewhere?

Illithilich
2012-06-03, 11:07 AM
"It just looks like something an Aerenal elf would have. That doesn't mean she has to be from that island though, but very few Khorvaire elves would have one of these."

packersfan
2012-06-03, 11:30 AM
Showing even more intrest Do you think she might be of some use to use in our mission?

Illithilich
2012-06-03, 11:45 AM
"Maybe, maybe not. It's Xen'drik we're going to, not Aerenal. Then again, if you think she may be useful, go and see if you can talk to her."

packersfan
2012-06-03, 11:50 AM
Leaning back almost looking disapointed.Nah, she might not even want to cooperate and it might be hard to find her. Erik than closes his eyes and treis to catrch some sleep before the train reaches the station.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-03, 02:41 PM
Looks like our friend likes fresh meat, Darien snickers as he lits a cigar.

Madcrafter
2012-06-05, 12:57 AM
The next morning you see the most of the rest of the passengers at breakfast. The train is cutting through the south Thranish countryside, though the weather outside is getting worse and worse, and it is difficult to see much out the windows.

I'll provide some more detail if you'd like

A few hours later, you are sitting in your day compartment (I assume you don't stay in the sleeper car, if you are somewhere else at this time, let me know). Without a sound, the train gives an almighty lurch, sending loose objects and smaller people flying about the room, followed a few seconds later by a second less violent one, before coming to what appears to be a complete stop. Slowly picking himself up from where he fell off his bench, the old man says "That did not feel good.", though it is hard to say if he is referring to himself or the state of the voyage. For the moment, the only sounds that can be heard is the beating of the rain on the roof, interrupted by the occasional slow roll of thunder.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-05, 02:30 AM
Darien sipped on a cup of coffee when the sudden stop sent the cup flying from his hands. Well, I'll be damned., he grumbles as he manages to find his footing. He helps the old man up. Easy there, old bones. What in the dancer's name happened here, ya?

Space Lawyer
2012-06-05, 05:48 AM
Oaen had been sitting, peacefully reading a book. When the train lurched, he flew from his seat, landing in an ignominious heap some way down the car. Getting up and dusting himself up, he yells "By the Five Nations! What was that?, just in time for the second lurch to knock him down again. Getting to his feet a second time, "What kind of fool is running this train?"

packersfan
2012-06-05, 06:17 AM
Erik, who has been in meditation most of the morning, looks up grumply at the time of the lurch What the... Standing up and strapping on his sword and than grapping his identification papers and his ticket I'm not sure what that was for, but I'm about to find. and than leaves the room looking for the nearest Orien who can tell him whats going on.

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 10:17 AM
I am just sitting staring out the window watching the landscape go by. When the train lurches I barely keep a hold of Peeks who gets launched forward.

"What was that? I think we should go take a look, someone might need our help.

And then I will get up and follow Erik to see what's going on

Madcrafter
2012-06-05, 10:20 AM
Erik and Amslade:
You walk out into the hallway just as the door at the end of the carriage opens. A warforged, dripping with rain, steps inside. Seeing you he puts up a hand. "Please sirs, go back to your room. Everything is under control."

Perception DC 18:
The area between cars is open, but covered. The fact he is soaking wet means he must have boarded from outside (not an easy feat, since the cars float a good five to seven feet off the ground).

Everyone else, you hear the door at the end of the car open, and a moment later, a warforged voice: "Please sirs, go back to your room. Everything is under control."

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 10:26 AM

"What's going on out there? Why did we stop?

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-05, 12:17 PM
Under control my ass, Darien grumbles, a hand resting on the pommel of his rapier. Ya sack of gears and bolts, will ya explain what happened here or will I have to shove two feet of fine dwarven steel up ye bloody arse, ya?, he screams, while he looks around and tires to locate the warforged.

packersfan
2012-06-05, 12:22 PM
Using diplomacySir, I am a war vet. If there is any trouble I might be of some assistance.

Rolls:

Diplomacy [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Knowledge cheak to recall if House Orien even employs warforges
[roll2]

Madcrafter
2012-06-05, 12:43 PM
@Darien: You know the warforged is in the hallway, you can hear Erik and it talking.

Erik and Amslade:
The warforged stares at Erik for half a second. ""Everyone's a war vet. Now sirs can you please get back to your cabin! Everything is under control, there has just been some trouble with the conductor stones." At Darien's threat, his hand moves towards a couple of wands in his belt, though he doesn't actually draw one (forgot to mention that he is wearing one in the last post. The belt also has an axe, crossbow, and quiver of bolts).

Erik:You don't know if Orien regularly employs warforged. You do know that all the houses have a few working for them, some more than others, and Orien also employs Deneith, who do use warforged, so its not unlikely.

From the hallway:
"Everyone's a war vet. Now sirs can you please get back to your cabin! Everything is under control, there has just been some trouble with the conductor stones."

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 12:59 PM
My hands move to my wands but I don't draw them.

"Hey, no need to get hostile, my associates and I just want some answers, and the ones you are giving us sound a little fishy

And I'm going to ready an action to draw and fire my magic missile wand if the warforged or any other unknown enemy try to actually attack us

packersfan
2012-06-05, 01:21 PM
Starting to get angry Alright well I am on a mission for the twelve and you are interfering eith our mission so I'll ask you kindly to please move and allow me and my companions to go to the drivers area and ask what is going on. while this is happening Erik is setting down pulling out the first letter he received from the twelve and rest his hand on the hilt of his sword just in case(ready action).

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-05, 01:25 PM
I ready an action to cast scorching ray on the warforged if he makes any offensive move

I'll preroll it here, to speed things up
1st attack roll d20+9
Confirmation roll, if crit d20+9
2nd attack roll d20+9
Confirmation roll, if crit d20+9
Fortitude save against being dazed, DC 10 d20+8

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-05, 01:30 PM
Prerolls. Forget you can't edit rolls into a post.
1st attack roll, touch attack [roll0]
Confirmation roll, if crit [roll1]
2nd attack roll, touch attack [roll2]
Confirmation roll, if crit [roll3]
Fortitude save against being dazed, DC 10 [roll4]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-05, 01:55 PM
Trying to figure out why everyone is suddenly screaming and yelling, Oaen walks into the car that Erik and Amslade went into. Figuring that there might be something hostile happening, he walks in carefully.

I assume I see this warforged everyone is talking about.
Sense Motive: [roll1]
Stealth (can hide in plain sight): [roll2]

Illithilich
2012-06-05, 02:31 PM
I figures really, as soon as im not on to post everything happens:smallbiggrin:
As the train screeches to a stop Jettic is thrown from his seat, cracking his head on the floor as he falls. He blacks out briefly. When he comes to he can hear Erik, Amslade, and the warforged in the next car. Getting up he sees Oaen try to sneak into the next car. "This doesn't sound good, I should be ready for trouble." Jettic raises a protective spell on himself before moving towards the other end of the car.
Jettic casts mage armor on himself.

Madcrafter
2012-06-05, 03:08 PM
The heads of other passengers are starting to poke out from other rooms with all the commotion. Seeing itself faced with a group of almost hostile passengers, the warforged puts his hands out in front of himself palms facing you (you know in a stop/halt signal). "If you would all please remain calm, I will go ask the driver how long it will be. Please return to your seats." He takes a step or two back towards the door.

For those who were not in the hallway before (everyone but Erik/Amslade), Perception DC 18:
The warforged is wet, and the puddle on the floor indicates that he used to have even more water on him. The area between cars is open, but covered. That means he must have boarded from outside (not an easy feat, since the cars float a good five to seven feet off the ground)

Jettic and Oaen:
The warforged is a bad liar, you can tell he isn't intending to go ask the driver anything. (Also Jettic rolled a 20 on his sense motive. Nothing special for skills but I always like to point them out).

Space Lawyer
2012-06-05, 03:21 PM
Oaen casts silent image on the wall behind the warforged, making it appear as if the door has been welded shut, and a plate welded over any windows.

Illithilich
2012-06-05, 03:40 PM
Jettic readies an action to cast a Lesser Orb of Fire if things get out of hand.

Madcrafter
2012-06-05, 04:01 PM
The warforged turns around to leave (cautiously). Seeing the door suddenly welded shut gives a scare, and he jumps a good foot into the air before running into the small crew alcove at the end of the compartment.

OOC:I'll let you decide if Oaen scaring his wits out by "locking" the door qualifies as being hostile or "out of hand" enough to activate your prepared spells.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-05, 04:09 PM
Why don't you tell us what is really going on? I assure you, it is in your best interest to do so quickly and completely.

Illithilich
2012-06-05, 04:38 PM
Jettic moves up to the side of the gnome, spell still ready.
No, he wouldn't trigger my spell. I meant if he tried to attack us or anything like that. I will make the wording a little less vague next time I ready an action.

packersfan
2012-06-05, 04:59 PM
Usong diplomacy:

walking up to the alchove hand of his sword in a friendly tone We don't want to fight we just want to know what is happening.

Skill roll:

[roll0]

Corsair420
2012-06-05, 07:35 PM
I'll follow behind him, and draw my wand of Burning Hands and prepare for a fight, just in case. I am shaking a bit noticeably as this is my first time in this kind of situation but I'm not losing my cool

Madcrafter
2012-06-06, 01:00 AM
There is no response from the alcove to your questioning.

Perception DC: 14
You hear a thump on what sounds like the roof from the direction of the alcove. The sound of rain has increased slightly too.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-06, 05:30 AM
Are you a fool? Tell us what is going on now. Oaen sneaks over to the alcove, peering in to see what is going on.

Readying an action to castgrease on and around the hostile if attacked.
Not dropping the silent image yet, but when I do it will last for [roll0] more rounds.
Stealth: Taking 10 (I'm assuming this isn't combat yet), for a total of 38.
Perception: Also taking 10, for a total of 14

packersfan
2012-06-06, 05:56 AM
Loking confused as to why there no reply and yells We are not trying to hurt you we just want to knkw what is happining to the train.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-06, 08:18 AM
Yeah, yeah. Darien follows behind the group. They don't want to hurt you.

Corsair420
2012-06-06, 10:08 AM
I will tell Peeks to fly forward and scout, but run away immediately if he comes under attack

Madcrafter
2012-06-06, 12:42 PM
The alcove is empty, save for some supplies. In the back corner, a roof access ladder leads to an open hatch through which rain is now coming in.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-06, 12:49 PM
At first, I just wanted to know what was going on. Then I was suspicious. Now I'm determined. Oaen climbs the ladder and peeks his head out, dropping the illusion.

Still stealthing, still perceiving, still taking 10, still holding an action for a grease spell

packersfan
2012-06-06, 12:50 PM
Assembling the group Alright guys something going on. Assemble your gear we need to make our way to the driver car.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-06, 12:55 PM
Just point who I should scorch and we'll have a barbecue, ya. Darien says, an evil smirk twisting his features.

Madcrafter
2012-06-06, 01:38 PM
Oaen:
As your head pokes out of the hatch, you feel something get pressed against the back of your neck. A warforged voice whispers in your ear "Now just go back down, close the door, and tell everyone that the situation is under control."

From your vantage point, you can see the front of the train, just barely. There is no arch of lightning over the crew car, meaning the elemental has been suppressed.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-06, 01:49 PM
Release the grease spell onto whatever is on the back of my neck, the warforged, and its gear. Release my hold on the ladder. DC 15 Tumble check to avoid [roll0] non-lethal damage: [roll1]

Oaen falls to the floor.That warforged is up to something!The elemental has been suppressed.

packersfan
2012-06-06, 01:59 PM
Alright, that means there more of them. We have to get this train moving again, throw them off.

Illithilich
2012-06-06, 02:06 PM
"Wait, what about the other cars? We know there are some on the roof, but what about in the rest of the train?"

Corsair420
2012-06-06, 02:16 PM
Right I'm going to walk to the space between cars and open up the hatch to the outside "Peeks, go scout for us, keep me informed but stay out of danger as best you can" and send him outside to fly around and keep an eye out.

And then I'll move into the next car check for any obvious enemies, if I find none, then I'm going to find a ladder and climb carefully and quietly up onto the roof, keeping wand of burning hands at hand.

Move silently to climb ladder: [roll0]

packersfan
2012-06-06, 02:35 PM
Erik goes back into our cabin and retrieves his shield coming back out and says Once the train starts that will hopefully force them the come back it or nock the off the roff.Than we can go back clearing each car one by one until we get them all. starts walking towards the door leading to the front of the train I'm going to the front if anyone wants to join me. and opens the door.

Corsair420
2012-06-06, 02:38 PM
"I'm heading to the roof, as far as we know that warforged is the only one who got on board and I meant o question him."

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-06, 02:58 PM
I'm going with you.
Darien moves along.

Illithilich
2012-06-06, 02:59 PM
"I will follow you Erik." Jettic moves towards him, still ready to throw fire at anything attacking.

packersfan
2012-06-06, 03:08 PM
turning back Alright just make sure you get back onto the train as soon as you can.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-06, 03:11 PM
Oaen follows Erik and Jettic. No sense in getting wet.
Did the warforged drop its wand?

Madcrafter
2012-06-06, 03:34 PM
OOC:
Wow, that was a lot of posts. I guess it is the middle of the day for most of you.

As Oaen falls down the ladder, two energy missiles streak after him hitting him when as the lands on the floor.

[roll0] force damage from the missiles
I never mentioned how high the ladder is, but roughly 15 feet.
So that's an extra [roll1] lethal damage as you land ungracefully on the floor.

And from my reading of the rules, you can't hold your grease spell like that. I should have mentioned that earlier when you first declared it. Feel free to leave it unexpended and uncast.

Amslade:
A few moments after you let him through the door, Peek's vision appears in your mind. You see immediately that something else is going on; though it is somewhat hard to see through the rain, there is a large fire burning some twenty feet above the rear of the train, and flashes of lightning illuminate figures engaged in combat.

OOC:
I'm going to bed now, so probably won't post again until I get home from work tomorrow (maybe a short one in the morning)

packersfan
2012-06-06, 03:55 PM
Turning back and yelling Oaen are you alright?

Space Lawyer
2012-06-06, 04:03 PM
Oaen, limping and bruised, yells I'm going to be using that thing as a table before the day is out. We need to move on.

Corsair420
2012-06-06, 04:04 PM
I say back to the others "looks like theres a battle at the rear of the train, I see fire and lightning, looks like people fighting, I can't make out much more then that. You may want to head to the rear first before the front"

OOC: I'm still in the train car i'm not out on the roof yet

packersfan
2012-06-06, 08:53 PM
rolling his eyes Looks like we might be need in the back. and starts making his way towards the back.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-06, 09:02 PM
Oaen looks at Amslade and Erik. "I think I'll be heading away from the fire and lighting. Something or someone wants this train stopped for whatever reason, and I intend to frustrate their plans." He mutters a few words and waves his hands, then vanishes from sight.

Casting invisibility. It will last for 10 minutes. I'm going to sneaking all the way up to the front.

Corsair420
2012-06-06, 09:42 PM
right having relayed the info I'll now climb up to the roof

Illithilich
2012-06-06, 10:32 PM
"This bodes well for the rest of this mission, doesn't it?" Jettic mutters as he follows Erik towards the back cars.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-07, 05:13 AM
Realizing nobody else is heading to the front, Oaen sighs, Wait, wait. I'm coming. and follows behind the rest.

packersfan
2012-06-07, 06:11 AM
The only reason why I'm heading to the back now is if the train on fire and something malfunctioning and thats causing the lightning, than I don't think turning it on is a good idea.

Madcrafter
2012-06-07, 10:36 AM
The sleeper car is relatively calm as well. You can hear voices talking behind the doors and a few moans of pain (probably from someone being thrown from their bed), but no one is in the hallway. In the walkway between the sleeper and cargo car, you begin to hear noises: the hubbub of lots of people talking and the occasional clash of steel. The cargo car is crammed, but no people are inside and you make your way through.

The first steerage car is however, crammed full of people. As you open the door your ears are assaulted by the hundreds of voices, most of which are trying to drown each other out. Most everyone is on their feet, and a few are trying to jam their heads awkwardly out the small openable portions of the windows. One window has been broken and a bunch of people are leaning out of it looking toward the back of the train. It doesn't look like you are going to have an easy time getting through the crowd.

OOC:The lightning that was seen was probably natural; there is a thunderstorm going on outside. I'd just thought I'd point that out, since I wasn't to clear on my description to Amslade before.

Also, is Amslade going on the roof or following the others?

Amslade:
Peek's vision continues to give you a closer look at what is going on. The warforged you saw before is standing on the roof of the rearmost car, along with another massive warforged, this one armed with a sword and shield. There are other figures on the ground which are harder to make out, but some appear to be fighting.

The fire is now evidently the elemental ring and matrix of an airship, which is hovering fifteen to twenty feet above the car. Multitudes of ropes are hanging down from it.

packersfan
2012-06-07, 08:37 PM
heading back into the previous car looking for an exit doorr to the roof of the train Alright people we need to make it to the top of the train there is no way we are making it threw that crowd.

Madcrafter
2012-06-09, 12:50 AM
There are indeed roof access ladders in every car, at the front end.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-09, 06:19 AM
Oaen sighs again "Well, better to get drenched in that storm than get trampled underfoot. Let us go up. Erik, you go first, and be cautious. I have no desire to be surprised again. I'll follow behind you, then move ahead; I move faster than any of you, and they can't see me."

I was considering just using that grease spell to make everyone in the car fall over, then just walking on top of them.

packersfan
2012-06-09, 08:03 PM
Erik climbs up the ladder and slowly sticks his head out the opening and looks around.

Madcrafter
2012-06-10, 12:34 AM
Amslade:
Out on the roof of the seating car, you can make out roughly what you saw earlier through you homunculus (his vision is sharper than yours). A large fire, which you now know to be the ring of an elemental airship, hangs above the rear car.

Peeks has approached the airship from above, and you see there are half a dozen warforged on deck, manning anchored ropes that go down over the gunwales. A warforged covered in crystals in standing at the helm, and behind him is some sort of strange device consisting of a long vertical metal rod attached to an array of dragonshards at the base.

Should you make your way towards the rear:
As you approach, your vision of the situation slowly improves. Figures can be seen moving about the outside of the last car, though those who appear to be in combat have diminished. The roofs of the seating and sleeper cars are connected by a small cover, but those between the cargo and steerage cars are not. (Make two jump checks followed by balance checks if you want to cross them, also do another balance check if you want to get a running start). The roof of the steerage cars is made of canvas, and looks slightly less stable than the metal roofs of the other cars.

Corsair420
2012-06-10, 10:28 AM
DM: I assume the steerage is the next in the line with the cargo being at the end, I think it would be safer to climb down and walk through the steerage car and then check the cargo car before heading back up to the roof so that is what I'll do

Climb checks if needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-11, 07:25 PM
Oaen walks onto the roof behind Erik and Amslade.

Illithilich
2012-06-12, 02:25 PM
Jettic also follows.

Madcrafter
2012-06-12, 04:33 PM
As Erik's head pops out of the hatch, Amslade lands beside him.

For everyone who hasn't been on the roof yet as you exit the train:
The warforged you saw before is standing on the roof of the rearmost car, along with another massive warforged, this one armed with a sword and shield. There are other figures on the ground which are harder to make out, but a few appear to be fighting.

The fire is now evidently the elemental ring and matrix of an airship, which is hovering fifteen to twenty feet above the car. Multitudes of ropes are hanging down from it.

The roof of the steerage cars are made of taut weatherproofed canvas, and are slightly difficult to walk on (eg, make a balance check if you want to do anything more extreme than walking).

Corsair420
2012-06-12, 04:37 PM
"Safer to go through steerage, I don't trust the canvas to hold us up, plus we can sneak a bit closer without them seeing us hopefully, there are a few warforged and an airship up there, lots of ropes which makes me think there are others

packersfan
2012-06-12, 08:44 PM
Walking towards the canvas no way steerage is jammed packed full of people, but if I fall threw the canvas than that should clear the crowd erik gingerly places his wait onto the canvas until he puts all his wait on it and than proceeds to walk across the canvas

Corsair420
2012-06-12, 09:26 PM
Erik weighs about the same as me i'll wait and see if it supports him, if it does i'll follow about 10 feet behind him so we dont get to much weight in 1 spot

Madcrafter
2012-06-13, 12:52 AM
The canvas does not seem to be at risk for breaking (it's heavy stuff), it just bends under your weight making it difficult to keep your footing.

As you approach, you see the warforged from earlier signal the larger one and point towards you. The larger one unsheathes his sword and shield, but doesn't seem immediately concerned and continues watching over the side of the car.

OOC:You are still about 200 feet away, and still out of engaging/speaking distance, so his unconcerned attitude is not based on confidence or cockiness, probably.

packersfan
2012-06-13, 06:43 PM
Looking back at the group Steady now, we don't want to lose balance Erik then turns to the front trying to make out who is the enemy

Perception:

[roll0]

Corsair420
2012-06-14, 10:01 AM
I'll keep an eye out for anything, still have my wand of BH in hand

Madcrafter
2012-06-15, 01:21 PM
Assuming you continue advancing forwards along the spine of the first steerage car.

Erik:
Nothing that wasn't written out before. Airship, warforged, etc, all somewhat obscured by the torrential rain.

If you want to get to the next car:
Unfortunately, from the roof the only way over is to jump (or fall off and climb back on). So jump checks if you want to try this, balance checks if you want to get a running start (just feel lucky the train isn't moving).

As you get closer, you can see that the bundles of rope coming down from the airship are falling either side of the rearmost car. Some are taut, some are slack, and are waving in the wind like snakes. The fighting on the ground seems to have stopped as far as you can see (which isn't an awful lot), and you don't see any movement (though the creatures may have just moved closer to the train. The large warforged with the sword and shield (I'll just call him Biggie from here on out) calls an inaudible sentence up to the ship, and another head appears over the side to respond. Only the warforged from before is paying any attention to your advance.

Corsair420
2012-06-15, 02:17 PM
I'll have Peeks move closer and get a better look around Biggie, and then head up and check out the airship, again trying to stay out of danger as much as he can.

And then i'll make a running jump to the next car

Balance:[roll0]
Jump:[roll1]

packersfan
2012-06-17, 09:12 AM
Erik will walk up and jump.
Rolls

[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-17, 05:36 PM
Oaen mutters yet again "short...stupid train...steerage packed". He climbs up and down the cars, running through the cars that are empty (empty-er)

Thank you 40' move speed.

Illithilich
2012-06-18, 07:51 PM
Jettic will try to jump to the next car.
[roll0]

Madcrafter
2012-06-19, 11:40 AM
All three jumpers make it easily to the roof of the next car, without incident from inclement conditions. The now quite drenched and still invisible gnome manages with difficulty to lower himself down the back of the car and cross to the next in the more traditional method.

Amslade:Biggie himself looks to be an ordinary warforged , probably just from a batch of larger sized ones. The wand carrying warforged from the car is on the roof with him still, and is watching your approach the whole way. Around the base of the car, there are other warforged working, seemingly tying the ropes from the airship underneath it.

For those on the roof:
As the last of you complete your jumps, biggie finally shows some interest and walks over to stand at the front of the crew car roof. He waits there until you are within earshot (about half the way down the steerage car you are on), and then yells "I'm told you received the message that everything is under control. Go back to your seats so no one gets hurt, this operation will be done shortly."

Oaen:
The second steerage car is almost as packed as the last, if not more so. You can try and make your way though, or take the ladder back to the roof (in case you didn't get that before, the ladders are only on the front ends of the cars. Your climbing down the last car was a freebie, since I guessed you didn't catch that).

Space Lawyer
2012-06-19, 11:45 AM
Oaen climbs onto the roof with rest of the group. He will remain behind the group to hide his shape from being outlined by the rain, and will carefully avoid stepping in any puddles. He casts expeditious retreat on himself in preparation for either jumping onto the next car or running away very quickly.

If necessary, Stealth check, can be used in plain sight: 1d20+48
Ok, I forgot IC doesn't like edits, I'll put the roll up in the OOC.

Corsair420
2012-06-19, 12:21 PM
Rooftop: "It looks like they are tying rope to the last car, if we get close enough I think I can set them on fire and sever them, but we gotta get past the biggun there. there are also more down below.

I start making my way towards the last car where the warforged wait

Madcrafter
2012-06-20, 11:02 AM
"Fine, we can do this the hard way then. Non interference would allow you to continue on your journey faster though; it's not to late to turn around. He motions to warforged from the car, who points a wand towards you. Two bolts streak from the dragonshard at the end and hit Erik and Amslade squarely.

Erik: take [roll0] damage
Amslade: take [roll1] damage

"Consider that a warning shot. Shame it can't miss."

packersfan
2012-06-20, 11:31 AM
Looking really pissed off. Well than, looks like we are doing this the hard way. Erik charges at the big warforge and swings

Rolls:

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-20, 01:26 PM
Oaen walks to the edge of the car, then makes a leap onto the crew car. He cats a shield spell on himself along the way. Might as well stay out of the line of fire.

70' foot move speed allows this. A 26 on the jump check from the edge of the steerage cart puts Oaen 20 feet down the crew cart. AC is now 23, plus all the stuff for being invisible, if the warforged managed to beat the 55 stealth check to notice him at all.

Corsair420
2012-06-20, 05:22 PM
I'll draw and fire my wand of magic missile at that fool that shot me

(I lost all my dnd books with a reformatting recently so I forgot if I need a UMD check to use wands so i'm gonna roll one anyway)

UMD: [roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Illithilich
2012-06-20, 07:37 PM
Jettic aids Amslade's attack on the wand bearing warforged, launching an orb of fire at it.

Using Lesser Orb of Fire.
To Hit (Touch):[roll0]
Damage (If it Hits, Fire, No SR):[roll1]

packersfan
2012-06-21, 09:19 AM
Change from my last post Erik proceeds to move twenty feet down the car and say in his most intimidating voice Looks like we are about to do it the hard way.

Rolls:

Imtimidation [roll0]

Madcrafter
2012-06-21, 12:18 PM
There is a clap of thunder and flash of light as a lightning bolt strikes the rear of the ship. The rain continues to pour down in buckets as the confrontation begins. The spells carve holes through the curtains of water, striking the offending warforged squarely.

The wand wielder looks fairly badly damaged after this magical assault. He runs over to one of the multitude of ropes and begins to climb firing off another shot as he goes.

Amslade: [roll0] force damage
Jettic: [roll1] force damage

Biggie gets into a defensive stance behind his shield and yells upwards "Ship! Points south!" A few warforged heads poke over the side and arrows pepper down around you. One hits Jettic in the arm while the rest get stuck in the canvas roof around Jettic and Amslade.

Jettic: 2 piercing damage

Jettic:You know from serving in the Last War that "Points South" is a command to focus fire spellcasters.

OOC @ Erik:Can you post your backstory in the notes section of your character sheet?

Corsair420
2012-06-21, 12:36 PM
Seeing the wand wielder trying to climb the rope and get away I'll have Peeks fly by and attack him while I fire salvo at Biggie

Rolls:
Peeks Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] if it hits, DC 13 Fort save or falls asleep for 1 minute

And then my Attack, just more missiles at Biggie

[roll2]
[roll3]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 12:47 PM
Oaen will cast displacement on himself.

packersfan
2012-06-21, 02:31 PM
Erik proceeds to move closer to the big warforge, closing the gap to ten ft and says Listen friend what ever in this car is not worth it, so just return to yourship and go home.

Diplomacy roll

[roll0]

Illithilich
2012-06-21, 05:22 PM
Jettic crouches in pain as the bolt takes him in the arm. "Argh, havent had an wound like this in years. (Standing back up) Alright, thats it, lets see you point south with a burning head!" Jettic launches a Fireball at the warforged on the airship. He tries to catch as many of the crossbowforged as he can with the blast, and if he can he tries to get the wandforged or his rope in the blast.
Rolls:[roll0] (DC 18 Reflex for Half Damage)

Madcrafter
2012-06-22, 09:40 AM
Biggie tries to block the magic missiles with his shield, but homing as they are, they dart around it at the last second and hit him in the chest. He doesn't seem to notice (though since his expression can't change anyways, you can't be sure). Jettic's fireball explodes in the midst of the archers on the prow of the ship, and appears to injure several of them fairly decently, though they continue to fire down at the party. This time it is Amslade that is hit.

Amslade: 3 piercing damage

The warforged laughs at Erik's attempt to treat with him. "I gave you the option of backing down, but you chose to fight instead. I will consider calling off my troops if you will go back to your cabin peacefully, but if you continue to obstruct this operation we will have to incapacitate you. He shifts his posture, but continues to shelter behind his shield at the edge of the roof.

Peeks flies and bites the climbing warforged right in the face. The wand wielder curses and pushes him away, finishes climbing onto the ship, and joining the archers at the front, firing down another volley of missiles.

Jettic: 2 force damage
Amslade: 3 force damage

OOCYou can jump to the next car if you'd like, though biggie will get an AoO if you are too close (the car in total is ~35 feet wide, biggie is in the middle). Same jumping rules apply (you will need to make a balance check to get a running start.

Also, Oaen, you are on the next car already, so you won't be able to target those on the deck of the ship directly above you with any spells, if that wasn't apparent.

Corsair420
2012-06-22, 10:02 AM
(OOC:I guess peeks attack missed then? damn thats a well armored spell user(O know its wands))

All right I'm taking too much punishment I'm gong to fall back and drop down between the car behind me to get out of fire, firing at the wand wielder on the ship as I go

M1:[roll0]
M2:[roll1]

"Target the ropes, break whatever connection they were trying to make."

Space Lawyer
2012-06-22, 10:33 AM
Oaen moves back 5 ft., staying close to the edge. He takes the bag of marbles from his belt, and scatters them between himself and Biggie. He levels one finger at Biggie, and a pulsating red ray lances out.

Casting ray of enfeeblement on Biggie. I should be out of his movement, and underneath the ship. Any charge requires a balance check to make it through the marbles.
Ranged touch attack for the ray: [roll0]
Strength damage for the ray: [roll1]

Illithilich
2012-06-22, 04:03 PM
"Thanks for that. Its so nice of you to clump together like that." Jettic launches a second fireball at the archers, and now the wandforged.

[roll0] (DC 18 Reflex still).

packersfan
2012-06-22, 10:24 PM
giving a half grin to biggie Nah, I'll just go and destroy whatever it is you're try to steal. Erik than goes to the edge of the car jumps down between the two cars and enter the car they are trying to steal.

Madcrafter
2012-06-23, 02:13 AM
Rooftop people:
A couple more arrows come down from the ship, though much less than before. The magical fire seems to have had an effect. All hit the roof and either get stuck or bounce off the sides.

Biggie spins quickly as the ray flies by him. Seeing the gnome that has appeared behind him, he begins to advance, only to almost slip on a marble. He recovers though, and cautiously takes a step towards Oaen, still keeping an eye on those on the steerage car. He yells Stocks, are you done yet? We have foes on the roof."

A reply comes up "Almost, I will send up some troops reinforce." Some orders can be heard.

Jettic and Amslade:
From your more distant position, you can see several armed warforged begin to scale the ropes on the side of the crew car.

Erik:
The inside of the crew car is brightly lit by the ubiquitous magical lanterns. Your view down the hallway is obstructed by several doors that have been opened into it, though you do catch a flash of blue and grey through the gap.

OOC:
Since I figure that it is better to start specifying layouts in more detail: The hallway is ~30 feet long, ending in an open door to the next section. There is an open door right in front of you on the left, and another ~15 feet away on the right, behind which you saw the blue/grey movement.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-23, 05:50 AM
Oaen realizes that his plan has failed, and he is likely now in immense danger. He flees towards the other car, trying to leap the gap once again.

Jump: 1d20+16

Assuming he makes it: He runs behind Erik and Amslade, and fires another ray towards Biggie.

Using an action point: [roll0]
Ray of Enfeeblement ranged touch attack: [roll1]
Strength damage: [roll2]

Illithilich
2012-06-23, 06:54 AM
Jettic adds his own ray to Oaen's attack on Biggie.

Scorching Ray:
To Hit (Touch)-[roll0]
Damage (Fire)-[roll1]

Corsair420
2012-06-23, 09:32 AM
if I can still see the enemy then I'll fire my wand again...

M1:[roll0]
M2:[roll1]

packersfan
2012-06-23, 01:29 PM
Erik goes and opens the door to the right of him where the blue grey object is.

Madcrafter
2012-06-23, 01:56 PM
Rooftoppers:

Biggie makes a low, lunging sweep with his sword as Oaen runs past, but it is a little too low and Oaen manages to jump over the blade with ease.

The two remaining archers, seeing Amslade begin to retreat, focus their aim on Jettic, who gets hit again by one of the arrows. The wand wielder is nowhere to be seen.

Jettic: 4 piercing damage

Biggie swings his shield up with almost supernatural speed and manages to deflect Oaen's ray. This move leaves him open however, and both Jettic's firebolt and the pair of magic missiles hit him squarely in the stomach. He steps back to guard the edge of the car, and takes shelter behind his shield.

As he does so, three more warforged climb up the ropes from over the sides, but Biggie yells "To the ship, take points and cover." and they get back on the ropes and continue to climb.

Erik:
The door on the right is already open, and looking around it, you see the space beyond is a storage room. The shelves are lined with various mechanical and arcane parts, as well as several massive blue stones (the same colour as the movement you saw before). The room looks sparse though, as if lots of stuff has been removed and not replaced.

The end of the hallway has another open door, leading into what appears to be the crew sleeping quarters for this engine. Four more doors line each wall of the next section, and the closest one on the right is also ajar. As you stand there, a warforged strolls around the corner, jumping back when he sees someone suddenly there.

Roll initiative in your post, if you get higher than a 6 than you get to act first.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-23, 03:25 PM
Oaen comes to the conclusion that the roof is quickly becoming an extraordinarily dangerous place. What is taking Erik so long? He walks down into the car, looking for the young human. If he finds him, he stands behind him.

Corsair420
2012-06-23, 04:16 PM
(OOC: Time for one of my patented crazy moves that usually get me close to killed)

Seeing that I am not being attacked for the moment I take a chance to do something crazy. I climb back up onto the car, put my missile wand away and draw my wand of Burning hands. I take a deep breath and make a sprint for the ropes coming down from the airship(double move) when I get into range I aim my wand and cast the spell trying to set fire to as many of the ropes as I can

Burning hands damage: [roll0]

packersfan
2012-06-24, 09:59 AM
Initiatiive:[roll0]

packersfan
2012-06-24, 10:02 AM
Erik holds back attack knowing information might be his most powerful weapon in this battletell me what you looking for and I will let you leave with your life

Diplomacy:[roll0]

Illithilich
2012-06-24, 06:22 PM
"Its getting way to dangerous for my liking up here." Jettic heads back and gets of the roof of the car, entering the car below.

Madcrafter
2012-06-25, 08:18 AM
As Amslade makes the jump to the next car, Biggie once again tries to slash him as he passes by. The cut lands high on the chest, coming awfully close to Amslade's neck.

Amslade: 6 slashing damage

Rooftops (Just Amslade I believe):
Biggie spins towards you as you land on the roof nearby. Seeing the wand in your hand, he rumbles "Oh no you don't!" before running towards you, shield first.

Bull Rush. I'm going to roll for you, just to expedite the process.
Amslade attempts to punch Biggie in the face: [roll0] Not a hit
Damage if hit: [roll1] nonleathal
Amslade's Str check: [roll2]
Biggie's Str check: [roll3]

Oh, a tie! You just barely manage to keep you footing and hold him off. He's now standing right in front of you.

In the crew car:
A description of the situation for Oaen (&/or for Jettic if this is the car he is in):
The inside of the crew car is brightly lit by the ubiquitous magical lanterns. Your view down the hallway is slightly obstructed by several doors that have been opened into it, though you can see Erik confronting a warforged behind the second one.

OOC:
Since I figure that it is better to start specifying layouts in more detail: The hallway is ~30 feet long, ending in an open door to the next section. There is an open door right in front of you on the left, and another ~15 feet away on the right, behind which you can see Erik and a warforged.

The warforged whips out his sword, then pauses, silent, weighing his options. Seeing Oaen enter the end of the car, and deciding he is now definitely outmatched, he runs back through the door he came from.

OOC @ Erik
You can AoO him if you want.

Corsair420
2012-06-25, 12:28 PM
I'll take a 5 foot step away from Biggie and use my wand on the ropes, need to break as many as I can

Burning hands: [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-25, 12:32 PM
Oaen walks to the door the warforged ran into.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]
I'll post the rest of his action when Oaen sees what shenanigans are going on.

Madcrafter
2012-06-25, 01:11 PM
Oaen:The door the warforged went through leads to small spartan bedroom, with an open window through which you can see a few of the ropes and a lot of rain. The warforged is not to be seen.

OOC:Go ahead and read Erik's spoilers from before.

Illithilich
2012-06-25, 01:15 PM
Jettic goes through the car he is in, up to the door of the car everyone else is in.

packersfan
2012-06-28, 12:26 AM
Erik slashes at the warforged
Rolls: AoO

[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-30, 07:10 PM
What are they here for, and where did that damn thing go? Might be invisible...

Calling back loudlyThe warforged must have fled outside. I'll just seal this off so they can't come back through.

Knowledge: Arcana, to figure out what they took [roll0]
Creating the image of a wall of metal spikes, densely packed, rusted and vile looking.

packersfan
2012-07-01, 10:32 AM
Erik follows the wounded warforge as he tries to flee.

Madcrafter
2012-07-02, 03:44 PM
Amslade:The wave of fire easily severs about a quarter of the ropes on the side of the train. Biggie Grunts in disgust and aims a slash at your wand hand, not cutting deeply, but coming very close to the veins in your arm. The sword blade twists and flicks the wand out of your wounded hand, onto the roof at your feet.

Amslade: 3 slashing damage

Opposed attack rolls:
Biggie: [roll0]
Amslade: [roll1]
If the wand falls off the train [roll2]

In the train car (including Jettic):

OOC @ Jettic:You can go ahead and read all the spoilers to Oaen and Erik since they entered the car, since I don't want to type it out again.
Oaen's illusion covers over the window with a bunch of vicious spikes.

@Oaen:
From a quick look at the other room, it seems like quite a fair bit is missing, likely more of the same of what remains: mechanical and arcane repair parts, as well as extra conductor stones.

Jettic enters the car, only to see Oaen and Erik further up the hall. Oaen is just finishing casting a spell.

Erik arrives next to Oaen, only to see him cover the open window at the end of the room into a wall of metal. The warforged is nowhere to be seen.

packersfan
2012-07-03, 09:06 AM
Looking stunned.Oaen, were did that bastard go?

Corsair420
2012-07-03, 11:29 AM
(ooc: Hmm, I'm in quite a predicament, not 100% how i'm going to get out of this...I think my only option for now is withdraw)

I use a withdraw action to avoid further AoO and move towards whichever end of the train is closest to me and drop down out of sight of biggie. once i drop down i'll draw my wand of missile so i'm armed again

Space Lawyer
2012-07-03, 11:46 AM
Speaking loudly I'm not sure where he went. If any of them try to come through that wall though, they're in for a nasty surprise. I assume warforged are vulnerable to rust and necrotic energies?

Illithilich
2012-07-03, 02:17 PM
Jettic walks up to join the other two in the car.

packersfan
2012-07-03, 03:06 PM
Well metal does rust so it should work. erik runs towards the back of the train door I'm gonna head up and kill those bastards if its the last time I do

Madcrafter
2012-07-05, 11:32 AM
The train car gives a sudden lurch and jumps upwards. Almost immediately the whole thing tilts towards the front, and after a panicked yell from above, the car falls back down again.

Everyone make balance checks to keep your footing. Amslade, make a reflex save instead.

Amslade:You see the ropes snap taut as the airship rises. As soon as the train leaves the levitation of the conductor track though, the car begins to fall due to the severed ropes. Biggie yells at the ship to stop, and it sets the train car back down. A moment later Biggie appears on the edge of the roof.

Listen DC 20 (16 for Amslade):The yell: "STOP! Bow ropes severed. Foes in car, I am going.

Corsair420
2012-07-05, 03:59 PM
((Oh fun, I was expecting this though whole reason i went fr the ropes))

Reflex: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

and then if I can see biggie i'll hit him with another burst of magic missile from my wand (which I drew after I dropped down)

MM1: [roll2]
MM2: [roll3]

Illithilich
2012-07-06, 09:01 AM
Ignore, the Dice Roller hates me.

Illithilich
2012-07-06, 09:03 AM
(Ok, lets see it actualy work this time)
Balance: [roll0]

"Sounds like Biggie's coming down here. Lets get ready.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-06, 06:20 PM
Balance:
Listen :[ROLL]1d20+4
I forgot to put ROLL in the listen check.

I'm in favor of capturing this brute rather than killing it. It will undoubtedly give us some rather interesting information on what it is doing here.

packersfan
2012-07-08, 09:38 PM
Balance: [roll0]

(I'm gonna assume that I stay up) Erik moves out of the back door of the car and climbs up the ladder.

Madcrafter
2012-07-09, 03:43 PM
Oaen and Erik manage to keep their footing, but Jettic is caught by the car's sudden movement and is thrown to the ground.

Amslade:As the train car moves, you manage to grab onto a railing to keep from falling off into the gap that suddenly opens between the crew and steerage cars. You notice that this last car has had the heavy chains connecting it to the rest of the train undone.
The missiles strike faultlessly, as they always do, but Biggie doesn't seem particularly concerned. You see Erik pop up behind him, presumably from a hatch in the roof, but Biggie doesn't seem to notice. Biggie jumps down to your level, takes a step forward, and tries to deliver a slash, but swings wide.

Erik:The ladder to the roof in inside the car FYI. As you climb out the hatch on the top, you see Biggie right in front of you, though with the rain and wind he doesn't seem to notice the hatch opening behind him. He jumps lightly off the end of the roof, and peering over the edge you can see him make a wide slash at Amslade, both of them standing on the platform at the end of the car.
You notice that this last car has had the heavy chains connecting it to the rest of the train undone, and there is now a gap between them.

Oaen & Jettic:You hear a thump out the door at end of the car.

Corsair420
2012-07-09, 07:35 PM
Right I need to get away from this guy, so I'm gonna head into the car whose roof we were just fighting on, hoping that my friends are in there and can help me put this guy down before he kills me

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 09:32 AM
Oaen extends the illusory wall to cover the hallway, but leaves few small portholes to see through to the door.

packersfan
2012-07-10, 01:44 PM
Erik runs to the other side hoping to catch up with biggie and finish him once and for all.

Balance check: [roll0]

Illithilich
2012-07-11, 05:36 PM
Jettic drags himself back to his feet.

packersfan
2012-07-12, 02:02 PM
Sorry didn't see the ooc post

Erik jumos down and attacks:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Madcrafter
2012-07-12, 03:28 PM
(I assume that Amslade uses the withdraw action, to avoid and AoO.)

Erik:
You leaps off the car and land behind Biggie, landing a solid blow.
Erik: 6 nonlethal damageBiggie lets out a roar, and spins with a slash at your legs. He finishes the cut with a tug on the blade that pulls your feet out from under you.
Erik: 6 slashing damage
Biggie Str check: [roll0]
Erik Str check: [roll1]

You're now prone.

In the car:
You hear the clang of metal and a roar from outside the door.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-12, 03:53 PM
Jettic, may I suggest preparing to obliterate whatever walks through that door with the most powerful evocation left to you? If you don't mind, please try to shoot though the holes. It may help with the believability.

Corsair420
2012-07-12, 06:09 PM
(Yes withdraw I wasn't sure if I needed it or not but I just need to get away from him for now)

Illithilich
2012-07-12, 10:38 PM
Sounds good to me. Sadly I used my fireballs up on their ship, but it's probably for the best, one in here might not end well. A ray of fire should do.
Jettic will prepare to cast scorching ray at whatever comes through.

packersfan
2012-07-16, 05:10 PM
Erik gets back up ( I am willing to take the AoO against me) and he swings back

attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Madcrafter
2012-07-17, 01:14 AM
Erik:
Biggie takes the opportunity as you are standing up to slash at you again, delivering a good hit. You respond with your own blow, which snakes past his shield and delivers a large cut to his body.
Biggy takes one last large swing that comes very, very close to severing your neck, and then jumps off the train car and runs around the side, calling up to those on the ship "Switch plan B."
Erik: 9 slashing damage (AoO) and another 16 from the attack.

A few moments later the train car jerks violently and horizontally off the track, landing on its side and throwing you a good distance. You can see the ropes attaching the car to the ship falling off one by one as they are cut from the deck.
You are now on the ground, the train car is on its side maybe 20 feet away.
Take 3 points nonlethal unless you can succeed on a DC 14 Tumble check (if you are unconscious than you can't avoid it)

In the car:
The sounds of fighting continue for a moment outside, then stop. You hear a voice call out
DC 16 Listen:
"Switch plan B."Suddenly the car jerks violently to the side, and begins to roll before coming to a stop.
Everyone takes two bludgeoning damage, a DC 14 Tumble check (if you are trained) turns it nonlethal.

Corsair420
2012-07-17, 08:45 AM
Listen: [roll0]

I'll head across the car(hoping I dont receive the spells that are prepared to be cast my the others) and try to locate the wand I dropped if there is no immediate danger.

Search: [roll1]

if there IS danger, I'll hold off on the search and see whats out there first... Though I probably shouldn't be engaging what with only 2 hp left...

Space Lawyer
2012-07-17, 10:41 AM
Concentration: [roll1]

Oaen is beginning to get incredibly frustrated with this violent shaking, as he is slammed into the wall. Can't these things even rob a train or whatever it is they are doing properly? Clearly, we've failed to stop them, so why don't they just leave?. He manages to maintain his concentration on the spell. I am going to use that big one's head for a chamber pot.

Illithilich
2012-07-17, 12:53 PM

Ugh..... today has not been a good start to this mission. Couldn't they just take what it is they want, do they really need the train to go with it?

packersfan
2012-07-17, 08:52 PM
tumble roll: [roll0]

packersfan
2012-07-17, 08:54 PM
erik staggers to his feet cluching the the rather large wound to gthe side of his neck and makes his way over the the car relising that his comrades could be badly hurt. Once Erik get to the car he opens the dorr and goes inside.

Madcrafter
2012-07-18, 10:50 AM
Combat is over, we are back in narrative time.

Amslade heads to the door, which opens downwards now, and peers outside. The rain continues to beat down heavily, muffling all sound, save for the occasional crack of thunder. The airship is faintly visible through the water, flying east over the nearby woods, bunches of ropes streaming from it like tassels.
The rest of the rope appears to be wound around the outside of the car, which he can now see is lying about twenty feet off the conductor stone line, on its side in the grass (in case you didn't see the OOC thread). Bodies can be seen strewn about on both sides of the stones, some warforged, some in Orien uniforms. One or two are still stirring weakly.

As he jumps down from the car, he sees a wounded Erik approach the door.

Corsair420
2012-07-18, 12:14 PM
"This... was my first train ride... You look as bad off as me, you all right?"

After seeing to my friend I do want to see if I can find my wand that was left on the roof of the car...

Space Lawyer
2012-07-18, 01:04 PM
Damn warforged. When you build a machine for war, what do you expect it to do except keep fighting? Ha... This is a fine mess. I don't suppose anyone would take offense if we helped ourselves to whatever is on those left behind though. Lets take what we can, and help the rest of the guards. Oaen walks off, occasionally bending down to pick up a trinket or check on a guard.

Search: [roll0]

packersfan
2012-07-18, 01:49 PM
leaning on his sword lets just say that the war treated me better then that warforged. Now lets take are spoils that we have earned. Erik then start going over the dead warforged bodies. By the way, respect our comrades and stay away from the train guards.

packersfan
2012-07-18, 01:51 PM
search roll: [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-07-18, 04:05 PM
You say that like poorly paid guards would have much worth taking. But yes, we will leave them be.

Illithilich
2012-07-18, 04:55 PM
That had to have been the second worst train ride i've had in my life. Hm, seems that everyone else is searching around outside. Perhaps there are still some usefull things inside this car?
Search:[roll0]

Corsair420
2012-07-18, 05:57 PM
I must join in the search for things, but specifically I want my wand back, though I am open to other items of value

Corsair420
2012-07-18, 05:58 PM
(god dammit... I hate that, you try to make your post to soon after a previous post, it turns the roll into just a result but you cant change it back to a roll or it says you fudged the numbers so you gotta make a whole new post to make a single roll cause you ****ed up)

Madcrafter
2012-07-19, 02:35 PM
Amslade finds his wand easily; rain and feet (and the train car) have tramped down all the grass in the area and it stands out despite the rain. He also finds another wand, which he guesses is probably from the warforged they first met in the seating car.

The inert (dead) warforged do not have much on them; it looks like this was a lightweight raiding party. There are seven swords (long and shortswords), all but one without scabbards of any kind, as well as a longbow of common make. Other than some coils of rope, the warforged carry nothing.

Jettic searches the inside of the car as best as he is able when the world is tilted ninety degrees. There are a few pieces of mechanical and arcane replacement parts for the train, and a few conductor stones in one of the rooms, as well as some beds in the small sleeping areas, but not much else that he can see. The others find an area next to the conductor rail lines that has much more of the same, probably tossed from the train as it fell off the stones (though the area seems very confined, and the storage room did not have a window).

Two guards seem to still be alive, though unconscious.

As this activity is going on, a door on on of the cars opens and three people exit and approach. Two Oriens, both injured and bandaged, one dressed in a fancy uniform (the other is another guard), and a Jorasco halfling, who stops to bend over a guard.
The other two stop near Amslade and Erik. They gaze at the derailed car, and the finely dressed one remarks to the other "See that, that's my head there." He turns and addresses the two searchers. "So, I'd like an explanation as to what happened here. I think I have a general idea from the report Georg gave," he waves a hand towards the second Orien "but I'd like it first hand. Keep it short though, we can do a full questioning once we get to Sharn."

packersfan
2012-07-19, 10:30 PM
well Sir, warforged attacked the car so we tried to stop them. When they release that we weren"t worth the effort they flipped to car and ran. Now there two men wounded we need to get them inside and get them patched up. Erik takes them over to the two guards.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-21, 08:25 AM
Acutally, we are on rather important bit of business. Therefore, I must decline to be questioned in Sharn. I will, however, tell you what happened here, so as to expedite your investigation. The train came to a sudden halt, and a warforged told us to stay in our seats. When we attempted to investigate, the warforged attacked. When we arrived at the lead car, a group of warforged appeared to be attempting to steal the car. They had already suppressed the elemental, and stolen much of the mechanisms necessary for the train's operation. We put up resistance, and they fled east.. As he is saying this, Oaen digs through his pack, and produces the letter given to them at the start of the mission. He takes it out inside the car, so as not get it wet.

Madcrafter
2012-07-23, 11:49 AM
The finely dressed man looks a little puzzled at the explanation. "You seem to be a little confused. This is the rear of the train, so naturally the elemental was surpressed." He looks over Oaen's battered form "Are you sure you didn't hit your head?"

He looks at the scattered pieces on the ground. "As for that, they're repair parts; valuable but non-essential. The car however is another matter. There's no way we can get it back on the train, and we no longer have guards enough to leave to guard it. I'll bet you the biggest Kundarak vault that it won't be here by the time the next train comes through." His face turns to a scowl. "I'm going to be in deep for this. Those cars are not cheap." He stalks away towards the train.

The second man, looks at your injured condition. "This was a bad piece of business. If you can help us get these bodies back to the front of the train, I'll see what our healer can do for you. We're behind schedule now, so the quicker we can get this done the better. He goes to organize some of the curious onlookers emerging from the steerage cars to help with the task as well.

packersfan
2012-07-23, 01:41 PM
erik goes and helps move bodies to the froung of the train, make sure they two wounded men are taken first.

Corsair420
2012-07-23, 03:02 PM
I'll do what I can to help but I need to see to my own health soon as well, I'm almost down and out

Illithilich
2012-07-23, 07:49 PM
"If it means you'll heal up my arrow wounds, i'd try to haul that entire train car." Jettic helps bring bodies to the front with Erik, then tries to go find the healer promised.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-23, 07:56 PM
Oaen struggles to drag the bodies to the front. Many have clothing and armor that weighs as much as he does! grumblemumblegrumbleThere. We've protected your train and cleaned up the mess. With that, he walks off to the healer.

Madcrafter
2012-07-28, 01:06 PM
After hauling the bodies to the crew car, where they are placed in one of the storage rooms, you are led to see the healer. Its the same Jorasco halfling you saw earlier, now tending to the wounded guards. Those majorly injured get a wand passed over them to heal the worst of the wounds, with the remainder getting bandaged. A few minutes after the dead are on board, the elemental is released with a crack and the train begins to move again.

Should you return to the seating car, the gnomes see your condition and inquire as to what happened (up here you would not be able to hear anything from the rear of the train). The old man appears to be asleep.

packersfan
2012-07-29, 11:20 PM
Erik gets a wave of the and and heads to the car. he takes his seat and replies Dogs.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-31, 10:19 AM
Some group of warforged appeared to be trying to steal the train. For what purpose, I do not know. Oaen composes a letter that will introduce the feuding siblings to his own brother, so that they can pursue a more effective course of action. He hands it to them when he is done.