PDA

View Full Version : Mods, I have a question

Amridell
2012-05-29, 08:25 PM
So, dear mods, I was wondering if I could test your site for hacking vulnerabilities (I plan to do work as a "hacker for hire" per se later). I have a little knowledge of the subject, and I was wondering if I could try (I can do it with no one getting hurt/ data getting leaked). I was going to just flat out check, but thought it may be done already.

Tl;DR: Can I (almost) hack your site?

EDIT: I also thought it would be rude to Cross site script/SQLI your site.

Rawhide
2012-05-29, 10:29 PM
So, dear mods, I was wondering if I could test your site for hacking vulnerabilities (I plan to do work as a "hacker for hire" per se later). I have a little knowledge of the subject, and I was wondering if I could try (I can do it with no one getting hurt/ data getting leaked). I was going to just flat out check, but thought it may be done already.

Tl;DR: Can I (almost) hack your site?

EDIT: I also thought it would be rude to Cross site script/SQLI your site.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Any attempt to hack this site in any way for any reason will be treated as a genuine hacking attempt and will be treated with utmost seriousness. Actions taken may include prohibiting your access to the site entirely at the ISP level and legal actions.

Further answer: This website receives 24 hour security monitoring by way of the server's ISP's security division. They would not take kindly to any such attempt.

Final answer: Absolutely not. The server's ISP's security division handles vulnerability scans. Permission for this will never be given on request.