PDA

View Full Version : Baldur's Gate Install/Uninstall Problem

_flint_
2012-05-30, 05:57 AM
I recently tried installing Baldur's Gate 1 (The five disc version) on to my laptop. At some point during the installation, everything froze-i think the disc was dirty, so i restarted the computer and deleted what i had of the game thinking "I'll just re-install it from the beginning after i clean my discs" Problem is, the game still has bits and pieces somewhere on my computer, making the quick play options "play" and "Uninstall" even though the full game isn't there. When i try to uninstall, the window just closes and nothing else happens. Strangely enough, when i run the setup file on disc1, the process finishes without asking me to insert any other discs, and the game will then start automatically, but if i want to play later, i have to do this again. Also, i can't find the black isle folder in regedit. Is there a wat for me to remove all the components of baldur's gate from my PC so that i can install it as if it were never there in the first place? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cespenar
2012-05-30, 06:43 AM
Might be a stupidly obvious suggestion, but try searching for "Interplay" in regedit, instead of Black Isle. I assume you already searched for "Baldur's Gate"?

_flint_
2012-05-30, 06:59 AM
yeah, i did, can't find a thing

Triaxx
2012-05-30, 08:02 PM
Try running the setup application, then running uninstall. Might not work, but it's worth a shot.

Alternately, install it on another computer, and copy the Black Isle Folder to the first computer, then try uninstalling.

Crow
2012-06-01, 08:24 PM
I got nothing but dog poop trying to run my BG1 disks.

I finally broke down and bought it on GOG.com and run it through EasyTuTu now. So much easier!